PDA

View Full Version : Showing Some Love for DJ

JasonJohnHorn
08-14-2010, 09:58 AM
The HOF induction this year was missing one player: Dennis Johnson. It is a shame and a tragedy that he couldnt be around to take part in his induction into the HOF. He was a great defender, a solid play maker and shooter, a versatile offensive player, a leader a multiple champion, and a finals MVP. I'm not really one of those fans that thinks he was grossly underrated, but he was obviously one of the greats of his generation who took a smaller role to play on a great team. I think between the deep options for potential HOF inductees, and his domestic abuse charges may have hindered his opportunity to get in a little earlier, and perhaps justifiably, but I still think it was a shame he couldnt be around for his induction.

Anybody have some thoughts or fond memories of DJ they care to share?

69centers
08-14-2010, 10:04 AM
They were playing the 1979 Finals on NBA tv the other night. His great contribution to the Sonics winning it all is sometimes overlooked, and he is usually more thought of as a Celtic.

ewing
08-14-2010, 10:56 AM
The HOF induction this year was missing one player: Dennis Johnson. It is a shame and a tragedy that he couldnt be around to take part in his induction into the HOF. He was a great defender, a solid play maker and shooter, a versatile offensive player, a leader a multiple champion, and a finals MVP. I'm not really one of those fans that thinks he was grossly underrated, but he was obviously one of the greats of his generation who took a smaller role to play on a great team. I think between the deep options for potential HOF inductees, and his domestic abuse charges may have hindered his opportunity to get in a little earlier, and perhaps justifiably, but I still think it was a shame he couldnt be around for his induction.

Anybody have some thoughts or fond memories of DJ they care to share?

I agree that DJ should be in the hall- Walt Frazier calls him the second best defensive PG he knows- but i do think you might be showing some basis by calling DJ a solid shooter. The guy had broken jumpshot. I will give him credit for knocking down real big one especially for the Celts when teams decided they weren't going to check him outside 16 feet but he was hardly a solid jumpshooter

Chacarron
08-14-2010, 01:47 PM
When I read the title, I thought it was referring to DJ Mbenga. :mad:

xbrackattackx
08-14-2010, 07:11 PM
When I read the title, I thought it was referring to DJ Mbenga. :mad:

x 2 lol

Spurred1
08-14-2010, 07:14 PM
^That's what I thought too. Wow, a Mbenga fan! But it was not to be...
As for the actual topic, I don't think domestic violence charges really affect the chances of being inducted into the HOF.

KB24PG16
08-14-2010, 07:21 PM
i thought it was dj mbenga thread :sad2:

Chacarron
08-14-2010, 07:24 PM
http://www.google.com/#q=dj+mbenga&hl=en&prmd=iv&source=lnt&tbs=rltm:1&sa=X&ei=hiVnTMKQN4y-sQP6_6jqDQ&ved=0CAcQpwU&fp=c31255885e386cf8

Mavrix
08-15-2010, 01:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1rZBxn3Zx8

I had to lol

Gators123
08-15-2010, 01:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1rZBxn3Zx8

I had to lol

lol @ the first comment

RavensDude52

the best part was when he said "tacos"