PDA

View Full Version : Pippen to Van Gundy: I'll bet Heat won't win 72 and the C's are the team to beat

D Roses Bulls
08-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Don't see this in the NBA forum, if it is delete it

If Jeff Van Gundy wants to back up his prediction that the Miami Heat will break the Chicago Bulls' record of 72 wins, there's a former Bulls star who's willing to take the bet.

Scottie Pippen, during Hall of Fame festivities Friday morning, took exception to a prediction Van Gundy made to the Miami Herald that the Heat will break the mark the Bulls set in the 1995-96 season.

"Those guys' biggest goal is to win a championship and not try to win 72 games," Pippen told reporters. "But if Jeff Van Gundy wants to take a bet, I would bet him that they won't break it."

Van Gundy recently told ESPN 1000: "I would think that everybody would think they would have a great shot at it ... I just think if they're healthy, the discrepancy between their talent level and and the next level is so great, that I just don't see how they lose games. I think they're that good."

Pippen doesn't even agree that Miami is better than the Boston Celtics.

"You can put a lot of great players together, but it's about building chemistry," Pippen said. "There have been a lot of great teams put together. But that doesn't really seal the deal.

"I think that Boston is still the best team in the East. Miami has to prove themselves."

Pippen also pointed out that Van Gundy, who coached the New York Knicks and Houston Rockets, couldn't break the record.

"I don't want to elaborate on what Jeff Van Gundy said," Pippen said. "Who is he to say that they're gonna break the record? He coached for numerous years in this league and he hasn't been able to break it, so we'll wait and see."

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5461971

USCFOOTBALL
08-13-2010, 07:03 PM
The Heat are a much better team than the Celtics, the Celtics are old and their time is up

Gators123
08-13-2010, 07:04 PM
The Heat are a much better team than the Celtics, the Celtics are old and their time is up

Everybody thought that last year too.

Celtic AL
08-13-2010, 07:10 PM

im so sick of you people calling the c's "OLD"! so what! they were old last year and still made the finals! take it for granted if perk was healthy the c's should of been champs!

dnewguy
08-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Everybody thought that last year too.

There is a difference between Beasley and Lebron James.

dnewguy
08-13-2010, 07:11 PM
im so sick of you people calling the c's "OLD"! so what! they were old last year and still made the finals! take it for granted if perk was healthy the c's should of been champs!

The c's are done.

Brailleman
08-13-2010, 07:12 PM

How can you say that when the celtics have had continuous success and may be deeper this year than ever and the Heat have yet to play 1 game with this core. Miami has more Star power hands down but they have proved nothing playing as a team together.

Celtic AL
08-13-2010, 07:14 PM
The c's are done.

dude i smell a sig bet

xbrackattackx
I LOVE ALL THE C HATE. I remember this same hate last year and them being done. I think they are Number one in the east, I plan on seeing them in the Finals again.

Brailleman
By all means crown the heat the best team but at least wait and see if they are going to be dominant. Every team has weaknesses that can be exploited by other teams and Miami is no exception.

Celtic AL
08-13-2010, 07:15 PM
The c's are done.

ik you got Dwade Lebron and bosh! but how dare you say the c's are done!

mynameismo
08-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Pippen for the win! Swish!

Baller1
08-13-2010, 07:18 PM
I love the Celtics, but Miami is the team to beat.

Celtic AL
08-13-2010, 07:19 PM

the heat Won nothing yet! im not calling them the best yet!

Brailleman
08-13-2010, 07:19 PM

Only because of hype.

D Roses Bulls
08-13-2010, 07:21 PM
I won't ever doubt the celtics again after last season. I thought the magic were too good to beat. I was wrong

llemon
08-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Don't know if Heat will break the wins record, or even make the Finals, but I do believe Celts nucleus is too old (one year older than last season) to make the Finals.

Of course, I could be wrong.

SOME TEAM has to come out of the East.

CBCable
08-13-2010, 07:23 PM
The c's are done.

so from game 7 of the nba finals to done, huh?

Celtic AL
08-13-2010, 07:24 PM
i will say this! Miami is a great team but they done zero! ik a buch of heat fans will probably call me a "hater" but deep down inside they know im right

mynameismo
08-13-2010, 07:30 PM
I like us being the underdogs. Doubt the Celtics all you want, we'll see you in the Playoffs.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
08-13-2010, 07:31 PM
I will back you up Celtic AL! I honestly beleive as of right now the Celtics are the team to beat in the East. The Heat got nothing on their all around roster talent. Just 3 star players with no quality bench can not bring you to the Finals.

JordansBulls
08-13-2010, 07:32 PM
The pace of the game will determine if the C's can win. If the Heat run up and down the court it will be difficult for the C's to win.

Jays Claw
08-13-2010, 07:34 PM

The Lakers are actually the team to beat since they're champions. However, when we're strictly talking about the eastern conference, it's got to be the Celtics.

KW93KB24
08-13-2010, 07:36 PM

yeah and the lakers should of been the champs in 08 also if bynum, and ariza were playing. come on man dont make excuses injuries are part of the game, the C's were the better team than us in 08, and you have to admit that we were better than you guys last year.

Fmaranesi
08-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Pippen just can't stop betting.....

kozelkid
08-13-2010, 07:37 PM
I would love to see what people would be saying had Celtics beat LA, and they almost did too. I certainly doubt we'd be hear people calling them old, washed up, etc.

Frankroc_MIYAYO
08-13-2010, 07:37 PM
i will say this! Miami is a great team but they done zero! ik a buch a heat fans will probably call me a "hater" but deep down inside they know im right

It's not that Heat Fans will think you're a Hater it's just you expressing your opinion and sticking up for your team.

Look at it this way: If Miami Fans don't boost now and claim to be the best - when the season actually starts and we're doing good - everyone will label us Bandwagoners because we're talking smack when the Heat are winning games.

I'm a prime example of this type of Label:
Found out about PSD during all the Free Agent speculation - I googled Free Agent News in hopes of getting some inside scoop as to what all the Free Agents were doing and stumbled upon PSD.

Now I love this site and show all of my buddies that are huge sport fans like myself.

As a Heat Fan / I continuously have to defend myself and my join date and constantly get labled a "Bandwagoner".

Does it bother me? No / I think it's funny! I see it as people hating on everyting associated with Miami right now.

So bottom line is if we as Heat Fans don't Boost Now regardless of playing a game or not then what happens when the Heat:

do play - do start winning - do show the world that teaming up with each other was the best thing for each of their careers (ala Boston Celtics)

People will forever label us "Bandwagoners"....

Oh well right! LMAO!

MIAMI HEAT = DYNASTY (Yeah I said it so what?)

RocketPower2010
08-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Overall a good argument by a great player. Congratulations on your admittance to the HoF Mr. Pippen. I agree wholeheartedly that a team needs to prove to have chemistry. There is a Chinese saying "talking about soldiers on paper does not win a war". With that said, this is the best looking team on paper for a long, long time, so you can't expect Heat fans, new or old, to not be excited about the opportunity. I also agree with Scottie that the aim of the Heat is not to win 72 games, but a championship, so his statement has a lot of credibility.

What I don't get from Scottie's comment is the last part. What does JVG's coaching career have to do with him predicting the Heat's season? Sure he never won 72 games as a coach, but how many have? Just one. I don't get why he brought it up. JVG coached the trios of Ewing, LJ, Houston, Camby as well as the trio of Yao and T-Mac. Both of those lineups pale in comparison to the Heat's 3. (Although I bet some Knicks fans will disagree, I understand, I loved the Knicks too). But aside from the last part, Scottie has a point.

Celtic AL
yeah and the lakers should of been the champs in 08 also if bynum, and ariza were playing. come on man dont make excuses injuries are part of the game, the C's were the better team than us in 08, and you have to admit that we were better than you guys last year.

true but we had you guys we were this close ||

R8rs4Life
I hate the Celtics...but they were 5 points away from being NBA Champions this year...so why in the world would the team to beat be the Heat?

It is obvious the team to to beat is the Boston Celtics!!! No if's, and's, or but's about it!!

Celtic AL
08-13-2010, 07:40 PM
It's not that Heat Fans will think you're a Hater it's just you expressing your opinion and sticking up for your team.

Look at it this way: If Miami Fans don't boost now and claim to be the best - when the season actually starts and we're doing good - everyone will label us Bandwagoners because we're talking smack when the Heat are winning games.

Found out about PSD during all the Free Agent speculation - I googled Free Agent News in hopes of getting some inside scoop as to what all the Free Agents were doing and stumbled upon PSD.

Now I love this site and show all of my buddies that are huge sport fans like myself.

As a Heat Fan / I continuously have to defend myself and my join date and constantly get labled a "Bandwagoner".

Does it bother me? No / I think it's funny! I see it as people hating on everyting associated with Miami right now.

So bottom line is if we as Heat Fans don't Boost Now regardless of playing a game or not then what happens when the Heat:

do play - do start winning - do show the world that teaming up with each other was the best thing for each of their careers (ala Boston Celtics)

Oh well right! LMAO!

what ever man im fine you with calling me a hater! but i will say your a homer(yeah i said it) but thats ok were all homers

R8rs4Life
08-13-2010, 07:40 PM

Oh well right! LMAO!

You are an idiot...(Yeah i said it)

marlinsfan24
08-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Celtics are the defending Eastern Conference Champs until dethroned.

BeantownBill
08-13-2010, 07:45 PM

The same team that has yet to play a game together? That Heat team?

On paper, they look pretty damned good. Until they actually do it? If you follow sports even a little bit (that's my guess) you ought to know better.

Jays Claw
08-13-2010, 07:50 PM
I can't seem to understand why people continue to say that the defending eastern (Celtics) and western (Lakers) conference champions are not the team to beat. Face the facts and get on with the program! The Celtics and Lakers are the ones to beat this upcoming season.

_Supreme_
08-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Just for the record: I am a HEAT fan and I will most certainly not say the Celtics are done.

I wish some of my fellow HEAT fans would stop saying that. It is really ignorant.

Until Boston gets eliminated they are the reigning Eastern champions, which also makes them the team to beat until the day they are beaten. Period.

I also wish some of these media people would stop creating unrealistic expectations.

Can they break the 72 game win record during one of the upcoming season? Maybe, who knows? I know I am not counting on it though. But, who cares? It would be a nice extra, but in the end only the playoffs count. I'd rather not win 72 games and win a championship than win 72 and not win a championship, obviously.

_KB24_
08-13-2010, 07:52 PM
The Celtics just got better from last year, where they nearly won a ring. The load on Garnett should ease now with Shaq & Jermaine, in the fix, their front-court is very scary. I have said this before, the Celtics are the only team I can see beating the Lakers in a seven game series.

Frankroc_MIYAYO
08-13-2010, 07:53 PM
[/b]

you are an idiot...(yeah i said it)

Super Funny!

Frankroc_MIYAYO
08-13-2010, 07:54 PM
what ever man im fine you with calling me a hater! but i will say your a homer(yeah i said it) but thats ok were all homers

:D
Okay I can accept that.

mynameismo
08-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Just for the record: I am a HEAT fan and I will most certainly not say the Celtics are done.

I wish some of my fellow HEAT fans would stop saying that. It is really ignorant.

Until Boston gets eliminated they are the reigning Eastern champions, which also makes them the team to beat until the day they are beaten. Period.

I also wish some of these media people would stop creating unrealistic expectations.

Can they break the 72 game win record during one of the upcoming season? Maybe, who knows? I know I am not counting on it though. But, who cares? It would be a nice extra, but in the end only the playoffs count. I'd rather not win 72 games and win a championship than win 72 and not win a championship, obviously.

Thank you. Much respect to Real Heat fans.

lavilevi23
08-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Celtics are the team to beat in the East but thats going to change on opening night.

Pauleboman
08-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Thank you. Much respect to Real Heat fans.

Not like some others who dont know Tim Hardaway lol^

Jack Daniels
08-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Can't believe I'm defending the Celtics yet again...but really the C's are done? C' Mon, let's be realistic and admit that is sooo far from the truth....

J$mo0th_3o5
08-13-2010, 08:17 PM
On topic: Of course the Celtics are the team to beat. They are the EC defending champs.

SouthSideRookie
08-13-2010, 08:20 PM
If it's not for an injury and Doc having a brain cramp by sitting Rondo to start the fourth in game 7, we could easily be talking about the Celtics being the defending champions, but the Lakers executed and deserve credit. I expect the Celtics back in the Finals.

BrotherRedz
08-13-2010, 08:37 PM
The Celtics is the only threat to Heat Dynasty
Though Injury and INconsistency could Kill the Celtics, and obvious they cant use it as a reason if they lose.

Lakers? Meh

MacFitz92
08-13-2010, 08:40 PM
Statistics show the Celtics will fade because of age, but statistics also showed that last year, and they nearly won a NBA championship.

Boston is the team to beat in the East for now.

Rego247
08-13-2010, 08:43 PM
It doesnt matter if the heat break 72 wins. its still all about the the playoffs. u can have all the flash in the world but it comes down to hard work and determination. NO one wants to face the Cs in the playoffs, they will grind u down and get the win. MIA is still an unproven team, therefore i think the Cs have a slight advantage over them. should be an exciting matchup come playoff time for sure though.

hugepatsfan
08-13-2010, 08:51 PM
MIA is probably the best team/the favorites. But BOS is the team to beat. They're not the same thing.

gbpackers12
08-13-2010, 08:52 PM
I love how no one wants these Heat to win. :laugh2:

Jewelz0376
08-13-2010, 09:05 PM
Lakers are the team to beat in the Nba and the Celtics are the team to beat in the East until proven otherwise..

The thing about the Celtics tho is they proved last year that even if they don't finish with one of the best records in the East they can still get it done in the playoffs...so they can't be counted out until they are eliminated imo

Hangtime
08-13-2010, 09:07 PM
The Celts are the team to beat in the east. They were the east champs. Which is why the new trio teamed up to take them down and become the new beasts of the east. And we all should know how important chemistry is, but thank you Mr. Pippen for reminding those who didn't know. Boston showed that the first year they did it so evidently it can be done. Not to mention being led by two guys in Wade and Bron who have been to the finals. Should be a great matchup unless Orlando has a say in it.

GspLAL
08-13-2010, 09:13 PM
The C's are not done but I don't see them getting to the finals again, I see them in the ECF. Having to play defense against Miami's big 3 could wear em down on offense considering they're all in their primes and are much quicker and what not. Not to mention the free throws they'll be shooting. They also lost their assistant coach who pretty much structured the Celtics defense.

dodie53
08-13-2010, 09:14 PM
the heat has something to prove

BrotherRedz
08-13-2010, 09:14 PM
I still wonder how they would contain the biggest ego of them all, Shaq

Damn I wanna see Miami's Training camp right now :|
Especially on the guys named Mario Chalmers and Joel Anthony

GspLAL
08-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Though Injury and INconsistency could Kill the Celtics, and obvious they cant use it as a reason if they lose.

Lakers? Meh

Lakers meh? We're back to back champions and we did it with a very bad bench that we improved for next year.

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Technically the Celtics are the team to beat in the east, but thats the politicly correct thing to say so you dont get bashed.....

I think the Heat have the best team in the east imo. Right now, we are not the team to beat in the east, but we will once the season starts and actually play some games.

The Final Boss
08-13-2010, 09:48 PM
There is a difference between Beasley and Lebron James.

Not much, neither has a jump shot or plays defense.

sciferguy
08-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Overall a good argument by a great player. Congratulations on your admittance to the HoF Mr. Pippen. I agree wholeheartedly that a team needs to prove to have chemistry. There is a Chinese saying "talking about soldiers on paper does not win a war". With that said, this is the best looking team on paper for a long, long time, so you can't expect Heat fans, new or old, to not be excited about the opportunity. I also agree with Scottie that the aim of the Heat is not to win 72 games, but a championship, so his statement has a lot of credibility.

What I don't get from Scottie's comment is the last part. What does JVG's coaching career have to do with him predicting the Heat's season? Sure he never won 72 games as a coach, but how many have? Just one. I don't get why he brought it up. JVG coached the trios of Ewing, LJ, Houston, Camby as well as the trio of Yao and T-Mac. Both of those lineups pale in comparison to the Heat's 3. (Although I bet some Knicks fans will disagree, I understand, I loved the Knicks too). But aside from the last part, Scottie has a point.

He was saying that because JVG doesn't know what it takes to win 72 games so he shouldn't bring anything up.....thats why he said it.

CBCable
08-13-2010, 10:54 PM
The C's are not done but I don't see them getting to the finals again, I see them in the ECF. Having to play defense against Miami's big 3 could wear em down on offense considering they're all in their primes and are much quicker and what not. Not to mention the free throws they'll be shooting. They also lost their assistant coach who pretty much structured the Celtics defense.

maaaan stuff like that gets me even more psyched for the season. heat-celts ecf would be out of this world

rabzouz 96
08-13-2010, 11:06 PM
He was saying that because JVG doesn't know what it takes to win 72 games so he shouldn't bring anything up.....thats why he said it.
yeah, there are so many nba coaches who had a 72 win season, that should rather comment on it...

SouljahPhil...
08-13-2010, 11:18 PM

Lakers? Meh

poor guy...:facepalm:

akagiredsuns
08-13-2010, 11:41 PM

And it is because of this ignorant comment you have been quoted a few times already. You obviously didn't watch the Finals last year. Pippen is right. The Celtics are stronger and have better chemistry. Plus Shaq & Jermaine are just 12 more fouls along with KG, Perkins, & Big Baby.The Celtics own the low-post in size. Bosh is gonna get tossed around like a rag doll. :laugh2: As for your thoughtless post it gets 5 :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Master Mind
08-14-2010, 02:08 AM
I will back you up Celtic AL! I honestly beleive as of right now the Celtics are the team to beat in the East. The Heat got nothing on their all around roster talent. Just 3 star players with no quality bench can not bring you to the Finals.

Yeah, sure. :eyebrow:

HouRealCoach
08-14-2010, 02:13 AM
How can you say that when the celtics have had continuous success and may be deeper this year than ever and the Heat have yet to play 1 game with this core. Miami has more Star power hands down but they have proved nothing playing as a team together.

Celtics are only deep in the frontcourt...

Avenged
08-14-2010, 02:16 AM
The Celtics are technically the team to beat since they were a couple of points away from becoming champions.. but .. you can't go wrong with saying the Heat are the team to beat out East either. Look at the roster they have assembled, a damn good one. All this Heat hate is getting out of hand in my opinion. Yes, the C's have earned their way but just by looking at the Heat's roster, how can anyone say otherwise?

Iron24th
08-14-2010, 02:17 AM
as a Lakers fan I hate both teams,but I can tell everyone that Boston is the team to beat in the east,and if Boston faces Miami in the playoffs (pretty likely),I'm not sure about the chances of Miami to win more than 2 games in this series.

NPH
08-14-2010, 02:39 AM
Mustache

BkOriginalOne
08-14-2010, 02:40 AM
How can the Heat be the team to be when they haven't taken the floor yet.
Honestly.

Can we wait until the first month before we start naming the Heat as the team to be.
This is going to be so Hilarious when the Heat don't even make it to the finals.

iggypop123
08-14-2010, 02:44 AM
cant forget about the magic. the heat can only counter howard with illgauskas's corpse, joel anthonay( might as well be another dj mbenga). if illgauskas gets all the minutes if he got raped by howard 2 yrs ago what makes you think he got faster or stronger by today? bosh at center? oh my i would love to see that.

SouthSideRookie
08-14-2010, 02:46 AM
The Celtics are technically the team to beat since they were a couple of points away from becoming champions.. but .. you can't go wrong with saying the Heat are the team to beat out East either. Look at the roster they have assembled, a damn good one. All this Heat hate is getting out of hand in my opinion. Yes, the C's have earned their way but just by looking at the Heat's roster, how can anyone say otherwise?

I guess your opinion makes sense for those fans who believe in "paper champs", theres something to be said about chemistry.

Avenged
08-14-2010, 02:51 AM
I guess your opinion makes sense for those fans who believe in "paper champs", theres something to be said about chemistry.

Chemistry is not the whole story. There's so much more to the game than just chemistry. But since we're on that topic, is there any reason to believe the Heat won't have chemistry? Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are all very good friends and have actually played together in team USA. These guys didn't get together thinking they would have chemistry issues. I fully expect them to put it all together, but even if they do have chemistry issues, it won't mean much to a team like the Heat who have a monster team.

I mean there's other reasons to make an argument about the Heat, but chemistry really isn't one in my opinion since these guys know what they got into.

SouthSideRookie
08-14-2010, 02:58 AM
Chemistry is not the whole story. There's so much more to the game than just chemistry. But since we're on that topic, is there any reason to believe the Heat won't have chemistry? Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are all very good friends and have actually played together in team USA. These guys didn't get together thinking they would have chemistry issues. I fully expect them to put it all together, but even if they do have chemistry issues, it won't mean much to a team like the Heat who have a monster team.

I mean there's other reasons to make an argument about the Heat, but chemistry really isn't one in my opinion since these guys know what they got into.

Being friends and playing for team USA, hmm! ok, i guess that spells chemistry.

Avenged
08-14-2010, 02:59 AM
Being friends and playing for team USA, hmm! ok, i guess that spells chemistry.

Very insightful post. You almost convinced me.

I would have probably responded the same way if I had nothing to say.

SouthSideRookie
08-14-2010, 03:04 AM
Very insightful post. You almost convinced me.

I would have probably responded the same way if I had nothing to say.

Actually im very suprised you're a Laker fan, you should know what a championship team looks like, I guess you consider Lebron and Bosh winners, Im not gona turn this into a Lebron thread, but we both know those two lack the intangibles to win big.

WHODAT8o8
08-14-2010, 03:43 AM
Celtics are the team to beat in the East but thats going to change on opening night.

Even if they do lose that game playoffs are a hell of a different story than the first game of the season. Playoff series are 7 games not one

"Bay-natic"
08-14-2010, 04:09 AM
the heat will win, and everybody knows it. Thats why everyones so mad becasue its unfair now. You have 3 out of the top ten players in the league on one team.smh they have the potential to win 10 straight if they wanted to because they're so good and so young. They're going to make history, barkely who??? malone what??? Jealousy is one of mans ugliest traits and it's showing right now. Nobody talked all that smack aboout boston when they put 3 superstars on one team, and why??? because theyre old and will only dominate for about 4 yrs tops but miami on the other hand... they can reign supreme for god knows how long.

SouthSideRookie
08-14-2010, 04:19 AM
the heat will win, and everybody knows it. Thats why everyones so mad becasue its unfair now. You have 3 out of the top ten players in the league on one team.smh they have the potential to win 10 straight if they wanted to because they're so good and so young. They're going to make history, barkely who??? malone what??? Jealousy is one of mans ugliest traits and it's showing right now. Nobody talked all that smack aboout boston when they put 3 superstars on one team, and why??? because theyre old and will only dominate for about 4 yrs tops but miami on the other hand... they can reign supreme for god knows how long.

You just lost alot of credibility, you're assesments are way off.

J-Relo
08-14-2010, 04:40 AM
Lakers - the team to beat. (champs)
Celtics - the team to beat in the EAST. (EC champs)

They are both quite right.

Enemey
08-14-2010, 04:43 AM
as a Lakers fan I hate both teams,but I can tell everyone that Boston is the team to beat in the east,and if Boston faces Miami in the playoffs (pretty likely),I'm not sure about the chances of Miami to win more than 2 games in this series.

I agree.

abe_froman
08-14-2010, 04:48 AM
gotta agree with pip.i fear facing the celtics more than i do the heat

they are a more "complete" team and have a bruising big rotation

eso
08-14-2010, 04:51 AM
There is a difference between Beasley and Lebron James

and there is a difference between Kobe and Lebron and Kobe and Wade..
and also Pau and Bosh ahhh shyt LA win it all i hope Miami win 82 games and then LA bet them on there home court in 7.....

comparing beasy to lebron i dont get it???

jiggin
08-14-2010, 05:00 AM
anyone who would declare ANYTHING before the season starts is an idiot. plain and simple.

we let them play the game for a reason...no matter what they look like on paper.

icej
08-14-2010, 05:21 AM
The C's are definitely not done, they are well done.

D Roses Bulls
08-14-2010, 05:54 AM
don't ever question pippen

BrotherRedz
08-14-2010, 06:34 AM
don't ever question pippen

I love the smell of hate in the morning, quite refreshing.

Another Day, Another article about players hating on LeBron/Miami :cool:

70+ more days till you haters starts to cry huh ;)

ldawg
08-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Pippen willing to bet Heat won't top Bulls' record
August 13, 2010 12:07 PM | 1 Comment
By K.C. Johnson

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. -- Scottie Pippen isn't worried about the Miami Heat breaking the 1995-96 Bulls' record of 72 regular-season wins, and doesn't even think Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Chris Bosh & Co. are the best team in the NBA's Eastern Conference.

During a Friday news conference in advance of his Hall of Fame induction, the former Bulls star took issue with analyst Jeff Van Gundy's prediction that the Heat would set a new mark for wins in a season.

"I don't want to elaborate on what Jeff Van Gundy said," Pippen said. "Who is he to say that they're going to break the record? He coached a number of years in this league and he hasn't been able to break it. Let's wait and see.
"Those guys' biggest goal is to win a championship and not try to win 72 games. But if Jeff Van Gundy wants to take a bet, I would bet him that they won't break it. You can put a lot of great players together, but it's about building chemistry. There have been a lot of great teams put together. But that doesn't really seal the deal."

As for what he thinks of the Heat's title chances, Pippen said, "I think that Boston is still the best team in the East. Miami has to prove themselves."

stawka
08-14-2010, 08:41 AM
Already a thread for this bro: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522446

ldawg
08-14-2010, 08:50 AM
LeBron silent, off-camera at Radio City event for Team USA
August, 12, 2010
Aug 12
9:45
PM ET

* Email
* Print
* Comments105

Sheridan By Chris Sheridan
Archive
NEW YORK - LeBron James did not get booed Thursday night at Radio City Music Hall.

Nike wouldn't allow it to happen.

It one of the stranger scenes of this Summer of LeBron, the King who took his talents to South Beach was kept conspicuously off-camera and did not speak to the crowd Thursday night as Team USA played a Nike-sponsored and Nike-produced intrasquad scrimmage on the stage where the Rockettes usually perform.

Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Amare Stoudemire and coach Mike Krzyzewski all took the microphone and answered questions from the emcee during timeouts, but James remained seated in the front row and was silent throughout the scrimmage as he made one of his first public appearances in one of the cities he scorned when he made his free agency decision to leave the Cleveland Cavaliers for the Miami Heat.

Adding to the intrigue, James was barely even shown on the two large video screens set up stage left and stage right to give fans a closer view of the action -- a 24-minute scrimmage in which Andre Iguodala was the MVP and the blue team won, 49-47 in sudden-death overtime on an alley-oop dunk by Tyson Chandler off a pass from Rajon Rondo following an offensive rebound on the first possession of extra time.

James watched the first 24 minutes onstage wearing sunglasses -- just like his friend Jay-Z, who performed a concert after the scrimmage. But he took them off to watch overtime, which came about after Stephen Curry missed a 3-point attempt at the regulation buzzer that would have won it for the blue team.

The comments the crowd heard as the emcee interviewed Anthony, Paul, Wade and Stoudemire were innocuous at best, as were the questions ("Sample: Emcee to Paul: "How is your golf game?"). Interestingly, the emcee at one point asked "Do we have any Knicks fans in the house?"

The crowd was so silent, he had to ask it again, receiving a similar response.

No question the Knicks fans who were in the house would have opened their vocal chords, negatively, if James had been brought to the front of the stage for a public one-on-one with the emcee, but that never happened. (Nike spokesman KeJuan Wilkins declined comment.)

We shall see where this goes from here, but IMHO James being muzzled and kept off-camera is a development that will be dissected and debated ad nauseum by the sports business media, and deservedly so. When the biggest basketball star in Nike's stable is front and center yet silent and relatively unseen on one of the world's most famous stages, it certainly qualifies as a strange circumstance.

Afro
08-14-2010, 10:57 AM

Lakers? Meh

Lakers meh? We're back to back champions and we did it with a very bad bench that we improved for next year.

This is the same guy who said the Heat could easily go 82-0 as long as noone gets injured, and they don't rest their starters for the playoffs. He is clearly not living in reality. Pay this delusional homer no mind.

BrotherRedz
08-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Pippen willing to bet Heat won't top Bulls' record

Would someone track HOW MUCH THESE OLD PEOPLE WOULD BET ;)

And let us remember how much they LOST/WON @ this bet :cool: in April 2nd week

Keep track also on Barkley and Jordan bets, these guys are popular for sucking so hard in GAMBLING

h2r09
08-14-2010, 11:57 AM
what a surprise, D Roses Bulls started this thread.

TheWatcher34
08-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Pippen used common sense. he has a point.

hype707
08-14-2010, 12:14 PM
72 and 10 is almost impossible

Shaddix
08-14-2010, 12:15 PM
The c's are done.

That's ignorant

mamba24
08-14-2010, 12:34 PM

i agree that people shouldnt be calling the C's old! they arent! i disagree with you saying if perk was there they woulda won... that is like saying in 08 if the lakers had a healthy bynum they woulda won. lakers won twice without drew and only one of the 4 losses was a bad loss... bynum woulda made a difference... so with that being said we will leave it at the C's were the better team in 08 and the lakers were the better team in 2010

mamba24
08-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Don't know if Heat will break the wins record, or even make the Finals, but I do believe Celts nucleus is too old (one year older than last season) to make the Finals.

Of course, I could be wrong.

SOME TEAM has to come out of the East.

i dont know if u know this but the lakers are the oldest team in the nba... people need to stop saying the c's are too old

USCFOOTBALL
08-14-2010, 12:43 PM

Because Kevin Garnetts skills have eroded and they dont have any superstars, the rest of the team is just "meh" to me. I dont see any place on that roster thats championship material.

USCFOOTBALL
08-14-2010, 12:45 PM

Only because of bad officiating in the finals

Avenged
08-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Only because of bad officiating in the finals

It really did go both ways though.

Avenged
08-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Actually im very suprised you're a Laker fan, you should know what a championship team looks like, I guess you consider Lebron and Bosh winners, Im not gona turn this into a Lebron thread, but we both know those two lack the intangibles to win big.

:laugh2:

I am not in any way, shape, or form, a fan of the Heat or their players. Although, I don't hate Lebron as much as others do.

And nor am I calling them winners, but just because they haven't won, doesn't mean they never will. Looking at their roster, I don't see how a lot of posters in here are taking the Heat so lightly. It irks me to have to "defend" the Heat, but somethings posters have said in this thread, are way in over their head.

Raoul Duke
08-14-2010, 01:01 PM
When the C's aren't playing well, people say "they're old". When they are playing well, people say "they're eperienced". Semantics.

Personally, I'm sick of hearing all these older retired players give their opinions on The Heat. It should be pretty goddamned obvious that noone is very likely to win 72+ games, ever again. It should also be pretty obvious that if Barkley could go back in time, maybe he would have considered teaming up with better players if it meant a better chance at the ring he never got.

DoubleDragon
08-14-2010, 01:19 PM

You're reaching a little here.
A healthy Perk wouldn't have made a difference, period. Let it go.
But....Yeah, the C's are the team to beat in the East, and they proved age is just a number this past year. The Heat haven't proved anything YET. I'd bet on the Green to emerge from the East, unless the Heat all of a sudden create a magical chemistry that seems to only happen when a team (the core) are together for awhile and have faced some diversity, stay healthy AND proven that egos are in check. It's going to be interesting though.

Heater4life
08-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Why dont we make PSD a giant Heat forum?

As far as 72-10, very difficuly to accomplish but if there is any team that has the raw talent to do it its Miami. A bunch of factors though, we'll see. If we want to be the best we have to beat boston. Until then premature.

Jewelz0376
08-14-2010, 01:46 PM
When the C's aren't playing well, people say "they're old". When they are playing well, people say "they're eperienced". Semantics.

Personally, I'm sick of hearing all these older retired players give their opinions on The Heat. It should be pretty goddamned obvious that noone is very likely to win 72+ games, ever again. It should also be pretty obvious that if Barkley could go back in time, maybe he would have considered teaming up with better players if it meant a better chance at the ring he never got.

Its not their fault...Have you not noticed that anytime an Nba player/coach or ex nba Player/coach has been interviewed they ask them about the Heat...Of course they're going to ask a player who was on the Bulls team what he thinks...

ryang
08-14-2010, 03:37 PM
You're reaching a little here.
A healthy Perk wouldn't have made a difference, period. Let it go.
But....Yeah, the C's are the team to beat in the East, and they proved age is just a number this past year. The Heat haven't proved anything YET. I'd bet on the Green to emerge from the East, unless the Heat all of a sudden create a magical chemistry that seems to only happen when a team (the core) are together for awhile and have faced some diversity, stay healthy AND proven that egos are in check. It's going to be interesting though.

You do know the Celtics won there first year with all those egos right???

Avenged
08-14-2010, 03:43 PM
You do know the Celtics won there first year with all those egos right???

Hardly any egos since they were older and knew their time was running out.

ryang
08-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Hardly any egos since they were older and knew their time was running out.

If there time was running out why were they in the final's last year and why are they slated to go again???

Avenged
08-14-2010, 03:59 PM
If there time was running out why were they in the final's last year and why are they slated to go again???

Compare their window to the Heat's core, it's much much smaller.

They didn't do it entirely based on talent. KG is well over his prime, not even close to the KG he was once. The same with Ray Allen, who's pretty much just a perimeter shooter.

The Celtics thrive on TEAM play, not talent. They certainly aren't the most talented teams of the bunch, but they are perhaps the best team who plays together because they don't have any egos.

Hoopsadvocate
08-14-2010, 04:07 PM
i will say this! Miami is a great team but they done zero! ik a buch of heat fans will probably call me a "hater" but deep down inside they know im right

You know that whole " they haven't done nothing yet" argument is foolish because when the celtics got the big 3 they "didnt do nothing yet" either but they ended up winning the title their first year. Every team has to start somewhere or at somepoint so at some point nobody has done nothing, but that doesn't mean they won't and I had the celtics as the team to beat when they got their big 3 because it was obvious they were gonna be good just like now ita obvious Miami is going to great for years to come it's foolish not to think they aren't.

Steelers23_06
08-14-2010, 04:27 PM
so what you guys are saying is its ok to team up if your old (i.e. barkley, olajuwon, drexler/boston big 3) but when your young its a bad decision...shouldnt you want to join when another player is in their prime? i just dont get it.

Avenged
08-14-2010, 04:33 PM
so what you guys are saying is its ok to team up if your old (i.e. barkley, olajuwon, drexler/boston big 3) but when your young its a bad decision...shouldnt you want to join when another player is in their prime? i just dont get it.

Nah, what's being questioned is ego's.

The Celtics didn't have an ego problem because their core was past their prime and they're at the top of the league constantly, still, because of exactly that, they don't have ego's.

That's not to say the Heat will have an ego problem, because they probably won't. But there is a much larger chance for the Heat to have ego problems with all their players in their prime rather to the Celtics who were on their way out of theirs.

Steelers23_06
08-14-2010, 04:33 PM

They didn't do it entirely based on talent. KG is well over his prime, not even close to the KG he was once. The same with Ray Allen, who's pretty much just a perimeter shooter.

The Celtics thrive on TEAM play, not talent. They certainly aren't the most talented teams of the bunch, but they are perhaps the best team who plays together because they don't have any egos.

how are they not one of the most talented? that is not a smart statement. rondo is a pure point guard doing what a point guard needs to do and doing it great. ray allen is one of the best shooters in nba history his shot form is sooooo crisp. paul pierce is still a top 3 sf. kg isnt the kg from the 00's because his game style has changed but he is still a serious threat. and perk is one of the grittiest big men in the league. egos didnt get in the way there what makes you think they will here? they were still all the leaders of their respective teams but the put that aside for the 5 players on the court coming together as one hence kg's #5.

USCFOOTBALL
08-14-2010, 04:35 PM

They're pretty much where Detroit was after losing in the finals to San Antonio you got that feeling that it's over for them which I believe it is in this case as Garnett got old real fast.

Steelers23_06
08-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Nah, what's being questioned is ego's.

The Celtics didn't have an ego problem because their core was past their prime and they're at the top of the league constantly, still, because of exactly that, they don't have ego's.

That's not to say the Heat will have an ego problem, because they probably won't. But there is a much larger chance for the Heat to have ego problems with all their players in their prime rather to the Celtics who were on their way out of theirs.

i say the chance was larger for the celtics because they werent friends before the transactions. the heat are good friends off the court. chemistry is wayyyy better when you are friends. if anyone here plays basketball you would understand you know what they are more likely to do on court if your sinking off court. thats why i think these guys will have no problem meshing even off court they defend each other with the media so what makes you think they wont on court?

CowboysKB24
08-14-2010, 04:42 PM

You said the same thing last year. People are quickly again forgetting about the pressure and how different the playoffs are. The Celtics were not that good during the regular season, but when it mattered the most, they came and destroyed the Cavs and Magic.

LBJ and the Cavs went back to back years winning the most games during the season and were the best team, they didn't even make the finals. Celtics are the team to beat. How much more can KG, Allen, Pierce, Shaq decline? Not much. It is more than just those guys. There bench is awesome, Rondo is awesome, and so is Doc.

Avenged
08-14-2010, 04:44 PM
how are they not one of the most talented? that is not a smart statement. rondo is a pure point guard doing what a point guard needs to do and doing it great. ray allen is one of the best shooters in nba history his shot form is sooooo crisp. paul pierce is still a top 3 sf. kg isnt the kg from the 00's because his game style has changed but he is still a serious threat. and perk is one of the grittiest big men in the league. egos didnt get in the way there what makes you think they will here? they were still all the leaders of their respective teams but the put that aside for the 5 players on the court coming together as one hence kg's #5.

That's not the point. Their core were on their way out of their prime as compared to the Heat, who are barely emerging it.

Ray Allen is just a shooter, he's really nothing more + a solid defender. KG isn't a top PF anymore, not enough for a team to say "lets get KG, he'll put us over the hump". Pierce is still Pierce, past his prime but still good.

When the Celtics first won, the Celtics window was suppose to last for about 2 years. After that, they were suppose to go down because of their age.

But that isn't the case because they play together. They're a basketball team based on "team play", nothing more, nothing less. Look at the Celtics top core, they certainly aren't one that give you a scare talent wise, but as a team collectively, they're hard to beat.

Ego's didn't get in the way because of their age.. That's what I'm saying.

Avenged
08-14-2010, 04:47 PM
i say the chance was larger for the celtics because they werent friends before the transactions. the heat are good friends off the court. chemistry is wayyyy better when you are friends. if anyone here plays basketball you would understand you know what they are more likely to do on court if your sinking off court. thats why i think these guys will have no problem meshing even off court they defend each other with the media so what makes you think they wont on court?

And I agree. I tried to explain this to another poster in this thread and he called me out on it.

I'm not disagreeing or saying the Heat will not have ego's or chemistry because they got together knowing what to expect out of each other.

But.. the chances they will have ego's are larger because of age. They're in their prime, while the Celtics core was leaving it.

I really can't explain it any better.

Kakaroach
08-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Karl Malone pretty much said the same thing. :laugh2:

Steelers23_06
08-14-2010, 04:51 PM
That's not the point. Their core were on their way out of their prime as compared to the Heat, who are barely emerging it.

Ray Allen is just a shooter, he's really nothing more + a solid defender. KG isn't a top PF anymore, not enough for a team to say "lets get KG, he'll put us over the hump". Pierce is still Pierce, past his prime but still good.

When the Celtics first won, the Celtics window was suppose to last for about 2 years. After that, they were suppose to go down because of their age.

But that isn't the case because they play together. They're a basketball team based on "team play", nothing more, nothing less. Look at the Celtics top core, they certainly aren't one that give you a scare talent wise, but as a team collectively, they're hard to beat.

Ego's didn't get in the way because of their age.. That's what I'm saying.

i feel what your saying your saying egos didnt get in the way with them because its now or never. that is a true statement. egos are more likely to not get in the way when there is urgency. because wade and lebron can look at it like i can join another team and still dominate if things do go wrong. i agree 100%. but i just dont see it.

Steelers23_06
08-14-2010, 04:54 PM
wow a heat fan and a lakers fan agreeing. this is a HUGE step for PSD this is bigger than whites and blacks coming together during the civil rights days ahaha(noone gets all mad im black its a joke)

Wade>You
08-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Nvm

Chacarron
08-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Pippen is willing to do anything for money. :shrug:

mjt20mik
08-14-2010, 06:46 PM

Oh well right! LMAO!

See, I don't mind new posters that actually can take and comprehend other people's opinions. What we are getting on the forums now, are a bunch of new heat fans that are all like, HEAT are the best, everyone else sucks, and it's that attitude that's annoying. They build a great team, and although I believe they do have some weaknesses, saying they are the team to beat is just preposterous.

Didn't Wade say it himself, C's are the team to beat in the East.

D Roses Bulls
08-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Pippen is willing to do anything for money. :shrug:

:confused:

Raph12
08-15-2010, 03:53 AM
Pippen's dead on and JVG needs to get off Miami's jock...

spreadeagle
08-15-2010, 07:19 AM
:confused:

because hes broke now..he probably shoudnt be betting lol

spreadeagle
08-15-2010, 07:22 AM

Noooo you should want to beat the best players in there prime,not join them

D Roses Bulls
08-15-2010, 07:25 AM
because hes broke now..he probably shoudnt be betting lol

not really. he won a settlement a little while ago and I'm sure he was never really broke. he lost a lot of money, but i bet you he was still a millionaire.

BrotherRedz
08-15-2010, 07:46 AM
not really. he won a settlement a little while ago and I'm sure he was never really broke. he lost a lot of money, but i bet you he was still a millionaire.

Is Pippen still living a superstar life? If not... he's broke

ldawg
08-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Miami fans get over your selves Heat is not the the best team in the nba. Wade,Bosh,Lebron,Miller is great and all but the game is still played with one ball.

Antipod
08-15-2010, 02:25 PM
No 72 W to Heat, at least this season :)

sofargone
08-15-2010, 03:32 PM
Here's what you people are missing: Look at how many games LeBron can win with a mediocre Cav's team. Which teammate was the best the last few years? Mo Williams? Come on. Now he has Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade. You're gonna tell me that this heat team is gonna be worse than the Celtics? They have 3 top 10 players including two top 5 players. thats why they're the team to beat.

sofargone
08-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Miami fans get over your selves Heat is not the the best team in the nba. Wade,Bosh,Lebron,Miller is great and all but the game is still played with one ball.

Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, 3 superstars, 1 ball, 1 championship.

h2r09
08-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, 3 superstars, 1 ball, 1 championship.

having the big 3 in miami together wont decrease their levels of play, it increases their level of efficiency and the teams' all around level of efficiency

sofargone
08-15-2010, 03:39 PM
having the big 3 in miami together wont decrease their levels of play, it increases their level of efficiency and the teams' all around level of efficiency

You don't need to convince me lol I was using Boston as an example of 3 superstars on one team working.

clferg75
08-15-2010, 05:54 PM

This Heat team team should be great. Not great yet.

With a lineup of Harper, Jordan, Pippen, Rodman and Longley, and perhaps the league's best bench in Kerr, Kukoc, Wennington, Buechler, and guard Randy Brown the Bulls posted one of the best single-season improvements in league history and the best single-season record, moving from 47–35 to 72–10,[3] which remains the best record in NBA history. Jordan won his eighth scoring title, and Rodman his fifth straight rebounding title, while Kerr finished second in the league in three-point shooting percentage. Jordan garnered the elusive triple crown with the regular season MVP, All-star Game MVP, and Finals MVP. Krause was named Executive of the Year, Jackson Coach of the Year, and Kukoc the Sixth Man of the Year. Both Pippen and Jordan made the All-NBA First Team, and Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman made the All-Defensive First Team, making the Bulls the only team in history with three players on the All-Defensive First Team.[4]

Dont forget that Ron Harper before joining the Bulls he averaged 20-23pts/game. The Bulls of the 72win season were far better than This years Heat team. Although the Heat should be fun to watch. ALL eyes will be on them.

BEST TEAM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

dbeastly
08-15-2010, 05:57 PM

he just backed you up lol.

Super.
08-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Until we get dethroned in the playoffs, we're the team to beat.

Get over it

poleandreel
08-15-2010, 06:30 PM
im so tired of people getting their sports knowledge from ESPN. Just because you won the championship doesnt mean you are the best team. Its all about matchups.

When the giants beat the patriots in the superbowl, were they the better team? no

your the team to beat if you are the best team. people would not be talking about the heat so much if they werent the best team. they would just be an irrelevant contender. but they are going to be the best.

the celtics in 2008 were a team thrown together in one year and they ran circles around the league and won the title. and they were 3 all stars that were slightly past their primes.

the lakers made the finals that same year with a bad team plus pau gasol. he came in mid season via trade. no chemistry or bench and still made the finals.

the heat have good role players now in haslem, miller, house and so on. they will most likely get even more. there is no one that can beat them.

wade>>>>>>>>fisher
lebron>Kobe
bosh= or possibly< than gasol but its close. both are weak but can score
haslem = odom

chalmers, juwan howard, anthony and miller are all proven role players.

the only team with a chance is the lakers. and the likely wont beat them.

im not a heat fan. im a thunder fan so dont call me a homer.

people need to stop letting their hate for lebron and the heat take over their common sense. the heat are the best team in the league. i dont care about proving anything. when you have the 1a. SG in the game in wade, the best player in the league, lebron, a top 5 PF in bosh, and proven vets with knock down shooter, your the best team. end of discussion

MikeBrown30
08-15-2010, 06:45 PM
im so tired of people getting their sports knowledge from ESPN. Just because you won the championship doesnt mean you are the best team. Its all about matchups.

When the giants beat the patriots in the superbowl, were they the better team? no

your the team to beat if you are the best team. people would not be talking about the heat so much if they werent the best team. they would just be an irrelevant contender. but they are going to be the best.

the celtics in 2008 were a team thrown together in one year and they ran circles around the league and won the title. and they were 3 all stars that were slightly past their primes.

the lakers made the finals that same year with a bad team plus pau gasol. he
came in mid season via trade. no chemistry or bench and still made the finals.

the heat have good role players now in haslem, miller, house and so on. they will most likely get even more. there is no one that can beat them.

wade>>>>>>>>fisher
lebron>Kobe
haslem = odom

people need to stop letting their hate for lebron and the heat take over their common sense. the heat are the best team in the league. i dont care about proving anything. when you have the 1a. SG in the game in wade, the best player in the league, lebron, a top 5 PF in bosh, and proven vets with knock down shooter, your the best team. end of discussion

jesus Christ your a ****... I'm a bulls fan but your lineup comparison is straight up stupid

Chalmers < Fisher
Wade < Kobe
LeBron > Artest
Bosh << Gasol
Your Center < Bynum

Heat Bench < Lakers Bench

Cmon any bench with Lamar Odom is gonna be pretty damn good

poleandreel
08-15-2010, 07:47 PM
jesus Christ your a ****... I'm a bulls fan but your lineup comparison is straight up stupid

Chalmers < Fisher
Wade < Kobe
LeBron > Artest
Bosh << Gasol
Your Center < Bynum

no your wrong.

most likely mike miller will start with wade bosh and lebron. lebron or wade will also play point most of the time.

so:
wade>>>>>>>Fisher
lebron> Kobe
miller (11 ppg) better shooter= artest (11ppg) better defender
haslem 9.9 and 8.1 = odom 9.7 and 8.6
unsure of who the center will be< bynum (but hes always injured so you cant guarantee anything with him)

and im the ****:rolleyes:

dbeastly
08-15-2010, 08:06 PM

Chalmers < Fisher
Wade < Kobe
LeBron > Artest
Bosh << Gasol
Your Center < Bynum

So the disparity between Bosh and Gasol is that much bigger than the disparity between Bron and Artest? Please take away those two arrows and put an equal sign, then put about 20 arrows by Bron and Artest. Wade and Kobe could go either way but I assume you're gonna make the "rings" argument. There is a difference in the center position but Miami's five man rotation at the end of game will most likely be. Wade/Bron/Miller/Haslem/Bosh compared to Fisher/Kobe/Artest/Odom/Gasol.
This isn't about matchups because you Lakers have seen first-hand Wade will take over any game single-handedly, same goes for Lebron. These guys are not players that you can just compare with arrows. Never in your life have you seen 2 out of the 3 best in the league on the same team.

SouthSideRookie
08-15-2010, 09:08 PM

the lakers made the finals that same year with a bad team plus pau gasol. he came in mid season via trade. no chemistry or bench and still made the finals.

wade>>>>>>>>fisher
lebron>Kobe
haslem = odom

:facepalm:

Patsfreak1776
08-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Scottie Pippen, I knew I always liked you for a reason. What he says is true. Until Lebron, Wade,and Bosh can beat the Celtics, something they HAVE NEVER DONE! The Celtics are the team to beat.

ldawg
08-15-2010, 11:15 PM
no your wrong.

most likely mike miller will start with wade bosh and lebron. lebron or wade will also play point most of the time.

so:
wade>>>>>>>Fisher
lebron> Kobe
miller (11 ppg) better shooter= artest (11ppg) better defender
haslem 9.9 and 8.1 = odom 9.7 and 8.6
unsure of who the center will be< bynum (but hes always injured so you cant guarantee anything with him)

and im the ****:rolleyes:

Chalmers will start, Wade said the job is his to loose. Wade has stated he want to play sg for the last 2 yrs. Deep down i do think Pat want Wade to start at pg but why would they have Carlos,Charmers,House + two other point guards? They might follow Boston lead and take the ball out the other 3 players hands so he can read the floor and make the right passes. This is one reason Boston have success and pass super teams did not. The Players are use to being the man not role players they know they can take on the player in front of them but also don't want to be selfish so they tend to over pass.

The Raven
08-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Until we get dethroned in the playoffs, we're the team to beat.

Get over it

i would have to agree