08-13-2010, 12:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=SummerForecast10-MVP

Here were the top 5 in votes

1. Kevin Durant (41)
2. Kobe Bryant (23)
3. Lebron James (15)
4. Dwyane Wade (8)
5. Dwight Howard (4)

Also receiving votes: Greg Oden (1), Derrick Rose (1)

Gators123
08-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Greg Oden? Random.

ManRam
08-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Incredibly random...hahaha.

I think it's fine. I'd move Dwight ahead of Wade (wishful thinking mainly).

LeBron definitely can still win it. A triple double and 70 wins should easily be enough (though I highly doubt he gets either).

Hoopsadvocate
08-13-2010, 12:23 PM
ESPNs becomes more of a joke every day wanna know why?

Greg Oden got a vote for MVP nough said...

Chronz
08-13-2010, 12:25 PM
I think this is gonna be a weak year for MVP candidates. Must be lucky for Durant to come in an era where he has very little comp. Like hed be the 6th or 7th most deserving MVP in 2003, and now hes the likely winner. People should care about these kind of things when dissecting MVP winners

Baller1
08-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Durant's gonna win this **** this year.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
08-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Im going with Kobe but Durant will have a hell of a year.

JordansBulls
08-13-2010, 12:34 PM
I don't understand why they think Lebron will have a better chance at MVP over Wade, when it is Wade's team.
Only way Lebron wins it is if Wade is injured and misses 15+ games.

John Walls Era
08-13-2010, 12:37 PM

Greg Oden? Hes not even the 2nd best player on the Blazers.

Melo15
08-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Greg Oden got a vote and Carmelo Anthony didn't :sigh:

DaBUU
08-13-2010, 12:53 PM
DRose-1 Vote! WOOT!

Khalifa21
08-13-2010, 12:59 PM
I don't understand why they think Lebron will have a better chance at MVP over Wade, when it is Wade's team.

Or LeBron has the better season seeing as he's the better player. :shrug:

Answer me this. When KG joined Paul Pierce's team in 2008 who was higher in the MVP voting out of those two?

KG

Voters don't look at who was there first, they look at who had the biggest impact on that teams success.

xbrackattackx
08-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Kobe!

xbrackattackx
08-13-2010, 01:01 PM
And Durant!

Avenged
08-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Solid list.

Oden belongs nowhere near MVP consideration though.

Minimal
08-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Funny how everyone thinks Durant will win it next year, but in the end that will be LeBron again.

The Miami Cheat
08-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Greg Oden got a vote and Carmelo Anthony didn't :sigh:

i was just thinking the same thing :confused:

PrettyBoyJ
08-13-2010, 01:25 PM
If Lakers Win the West (which might happen) then Kobe.. If Durant and OKC finishes 1-3 he gets it but they wud have to have a 55+ season

dbeastly
08-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Greg Oden isn't gonna be better this year. Remember he is a poor man's Benjamin Button.

ManRam
08-13-2010, 01:27 PM

It's "Wade's team", but LeBron is the best player on it, and will probably have the biggest role (a de facto PG).

So ONE person lists Oden, and all of ESPN is a joke :rolleyes:

I don't get all this ESPN hate. They are the best at what they do, and there are far more things they are better than than there are things they aren't better at...and it isn't even remotely close.

Hawkeye15
08-13-2010, 01:32 PM
pretty pathetic year for MVP. Best two players will play together, killing their chances most likely. Durant will win it. Kobe is on the decline, although its a slow decline, and Dwight is not worthy of it until he can dominate offensively. If the Hornets have a good year out of nowhere, Paul could snatch it.
Weak year.

JordansBulls
08-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Or LeBron has the better season seeing as he's the better player. :shrug:

Answer me this. When KG joined Paul Pierce's team in 2008 who was higher in the MVP voting out of those two?

KG

Voters don't look at who was there first, they look at who had the biggest impact on that teams success.

KG was also more proven than Pierce as well as the man. Lebron was not more proven than Wade. Wade won a title as the man.

Avenged
08-13-2010, 01:38 PM
It depends on the standings.

If the Lakers get 60+ wins, Kobe wins it.

If the Heat get 65+ wins, Lebron or Wade wins it. I really don't know how they would separate those 2 since they both will be having major roles. It's basically player A and player A. There's no B, if that makes sense.

Id the OKC exceed expectations and land in the top 2 out West or 3, Durant gets it.

Solid list though, with Durant most likely winning it.

Hawkeye15
08-13-2010, 01:43 PM
It depends on the standings.

If the Lakers get 60+ wins, Kobe wins it.

If the Heat get 65+ wins, Lebron or Wade wins it. I really don't know how they would separate those 2 since they both will be having major roles. It's basically player A and player A. There's no B, if that makes sense.

Id the OKC exceed expectations and land in the top 2 out West or 3, Durant gets it.

Solid list though, with Durant most likely winning it.

well, Kobe would have to put up his best numbers in 4 years, but then again, this is a judged award, so anything is possible. (I am looking at you Nash)

still1ballin
08-13-2010, 01:45 PM
In order for Durant to win MVP he is gonna have to have the #2 seed in the west IMO

Avenged
08-13-2010, 01:46 PM
well, Kobe would have to put up his best numbers in 4 years, but then again, this is a judged award, so anything is possible. (I am looking at you Nash)

I don't really think he does.

This award is mostly about team success as far as my understanding goes, "the best player on the best team".

Hawkeye15
08-13-2010, 01:50 PM
I don't really think he does.

This award is mostly about team success as far as my understanding goes, "the best player on the best team".

typically it comes from a top 3 team. Nash won his as the best record, and then won again for carrying a team without Amare to a big amount of wins, though they weren't the best. The best record, as long as they have a guy who is destroying statistically, will get it, but Kobe's numbers continue to drop, and Gasols continue to improve. Would be tough to give Kobe MVP with a 21 PER, at 25/4/4 on average shooting over a Durant at 27 PER, with 30/8/4 if OKC wins 55 games. And LeBron could average nearly a triple double, and that will drive the media crazy
But then again, do you guys care about regular season MVP awards as Kobe fans? I know I wouldn't.

Chronz
08-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Its pretty close but of course he has a better chance, hes the best player on the team.

mjt20mik
08-13-2010, 02:02 PM

beasted86
08-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Wade, LeBron... who really cares.

As long as the Heat are hoisting the O'Brien that's all that matters. I don't think Wade or LeBron care about those individual awards/stats or they wouldn't have joined up.

And people underestimate how Wade, LeBron, and Bosh will still get their numbers.

SA5195
08-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Oden got a vote?? :laugh2:

I think it's gonna be Kobe.

Avenged
08-13-2010, 02:11 PM
typically it comes from a top 3 team. Nash won his as the best record, and then won again for carrying a team without Amare to a big amount of wins, though they weren't the best. The best record, as long as they have a guy who is destroying statistically, will get it, but Kobe's numbers continue to drop, and Gasols continue to improve. Would be tough to give Kobe MVP with a 21 PER, at 25/4/4 on average shooting over a Durant at 27 PER, with 30/8/4 if OKC wins 55 games. And LeBron could average nearly a triple double, and that will drive the media crazy
But then again, do you guys care about regular season MVP awards as Kobe fans? I know I wouldn't.

Yeah probably. But Dirk won his as the best player on the best team. Lebron James won his that way as well. Kobe and CP3 battled it out for MVP until the last game, since their regular season record was the same, until the Lakers grabbed the #1 seed.

Thing about this award is, it always seems to change in the way a player gets voted in.

THE MTL
08-13-2010, 02:17 PM

1. Kevin Durant (41)
2. Kobe Bryant (23)
3. Lebron James (15)
4. Dwyane Wade (8)
5. Dwight Howard (4)

Good list. However, I would put Chris Paul up there though. He is going to come back with a vengeance! He has a slightly better team with Ariza and Marcus Thorton (2nd year growth). And I think he is going to reclaim his title as best PG in the league.

Minimal
08-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Just some statistics:

70% of the time mvp award is won by the guy whose team had the best record in the season.
2003 - San Antonio Spurs (60-22) 1st in NBA - Tim Duncan
2004 - Minnesota Timberwolves (58-24) 2nd in NBA - Kevin Garnett
2005 - Phoenix Suns (62-20) 1st in NBA - Steve Nash
2006 - Phoenix Suns (54-28) 3rd in NBA - Steve Nash
2007 - Dallas Mavericks (67-15) 1st in NBA - Dirk Nowitzki
2008 - Los Angeles Lakers (57-25) 3rd in NBA - Kobe Bryant
2009 - Cleveland Cavaliers (66-16) 1st in NBA - LeBron James
2010 - Cleveland Cavaliers (61-21) 1st in NBA - LeBron James

1. LeBron James:
Miami Heat will likely have the best season record next year and there is a big chance he will lead in PER next season, how he did last 3 years. However just playing alongside Wade, makes his chances a bit lower.

2. Kobe Bryant:
Lakers will likely have 2nd or 3rd regular season record, behind Miami and Orlando. If Kobe wants to win he should put some good numbers and play without injuries, he should be better than Pau Gasol in PER.

3. Dwight Howard:
Orlando will likely have 2nd or 3rd regular season record, behind Miami and Lakers. If Howard wants to win he should improve his offence and be the same defensive beast he is, without offensive fouls or technical fouls.

4. Kevin Durant:
Oklahoma has low chances to finish with top 4 or even top 5 regular season record, but if they finish in top 3 or top 4, he will likely win the MVP.

5. Carmelo Anthony:
Denver might be the top 3 team next year and Carmelo produces quiet good numbers for the MVP.

6. Dirk Nowitzki:
Same as Carmelo.

Rivera
08-13-2010, 02:30 PM
lmaooo

greg oden got a vote for MVP haha

what would b even crazier is if oden actually was healthy for the yr and actually had a good season n got some MVP consideration just because the blazers were a top3 team in west cause of oden

ESPN would look like geniuses

DaBUU
08-13-2010, 02:33 PM
pretty pathetic year for MVP. Best two players will play together, killing their chances most likely. Durant will win it. Kobe is on the decline, although its a slow decline, and Dwight is not worthy of it until he can dominate offensively. If the Hornets have a good year out of nowhere, Paul could snatch it.
Weak year.

how is it a weak year when the same exact players from last year are vying for it? just cuz Wade and lebron will play together?

Jonathan2323
08-13-2010, 02:35 PM
I think Durant will win because he's everyones new favorite player and will lead OKC to a good record in the regular season.

Lakerfan8032
08-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Who's the dumbshit who voted for Oden? ESPN should fire that clown immediately because obviously he isn't qualified for his job.

If Oden even got an all-NBA team vote (not a first place vote) I'll be shocked.

AstroStar
08-13-2010, 02:47 PM
tyreke over rose and oden

oval57sanch
08-13-2010, 02:48 PM

im sure some voter was just like, "f the favorites, im gonna put in Oden just to mess with ppl"

LeGacy is Music
08-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Isn't Oden still injured??

Jonathan2323
08-13-2010, 02:52 PM
tyreke over rose and oden

Chicago will have a better record than Sacramento though. Rose won't win MVP, so it doesn't matter. MVP always goes to the top players on the best teams.

dhopisthename
08-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Who's the dumbshit who voted for Oden? ESPN should fire that clown immediately because obviously he isn't qualified for his job.

this is what I was thinking, not in those words, but the same sentiment. The reason I don't think wade or lebron can win it is that in order for one of them to win it two things would need to happen, One would be that they win alot of games-68+ and it whoever it was would need to put up some really good numbers aka lebron somewhere near a triple double. Even if they win the hallowed 73 games most people would be expecting it and would not give them the nod while if durant leads his team to a 1-5 seed he will get it

IversonIsKrazy
08-13-2010, 03:02 PM
How can Oden get a vote? Like I just don't understand. How is that even possible. LOL! Like out of all the possibilities, one guy chose Greg ****ing Oden. Wow. LOL, man this is funny.

As for the MVP race, Kobe won't get it, unless Lakers are #1 in the NBA. I see LA resting Kobe a lot this season. And it should be Wade over LEbron, not the other way around. But I agree, I think Durrant will get MVP.

LeGacy is Music
08-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Yeah probably. But Dirk won his as the best player on the best team. Lebron James won his that way as well. Kobe and CP3 battled it out for MVP until the last game, since their regular season record was the same, until the Lakers grabbed the #1 seed.

Thing about this award is, it always seems to change in the way a player gets voted in.

I didn't know Dirk won an MVP what year??

Avenged
08-13-2010, 03:11 PM
I didn't know Dirk won an MVP what year??

In 2006-2007 season.

LeGacy is Music
08-13-2010, 03:11 PM
MY BAD I BINGED IT HE WON IT in 2006-07 season the year they had the best record and lost to the Warriors

numba1CHANGsta
08-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Kobe will win it because:

1. Lakers will have the best record in the west
2. Lakers will win 60 games
3. Kobe will have a better shooting percentage cuz of rest and surgery this offseason.
4. Kobe will average at least 27pts-6rebs-5asts-2stls
5. Lebron and Wade will have great years so they cancel eachother out

JordansBulls
08-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Melo should get some love.

Kyben36
08-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Rose I can see, but Oden, I cant. Im sorry, but Oden isnt even the first option on his team. and if your not the first option, you cant be MVP. I also think that its going to be almost imposible for James or Wade to win it, boths production will go down, and neither could be a sure fire MVP over the other. thus, I think they will both be out of the conversation come voting time.

I also think Kobe is going to have a rough year. I think he is 32 this year, which isnt young by any means. He also started at a young age.

mynameismo
08-13-2010, 08:33 PM
Greg Oden FTW

SiR Lakers III
08-13-2010, 08:37 PM
How is Durant going to win an MVP with the team he has. Best team record with the best player on that team will win. So most likely either Wade or Kobe

Hiphopopotamus
08-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Oden, Oden, Oden...he makes me sad...I wasn't even a fan really, just hate to see so much bad luck....anyway, like everybody else kinda shocked no love for Melo, D Will, or Paul....happy to see Rose get a vote, all indications he could have a huge year

Jewelz0376
08-13-2010, 09:19 PM
I dont think Lebron will win because Wade will take away some of his votes and some of the voters will probably still have ill feelings toward Lebron...

Durant will win if the Thunder can finish with a top 3 record in the West or better and I don't think they will

So to me since the Lakers will probably have the best record in the West and no worse than the 2nd best record in the league that leaves Kobe...Kobe will get Mvp and Finals Mvp in the same season for the 1st time imo..

SlaterRaps
08-13-2010, 09:19 PM
imagine greg oden won!
that guy would make the best prediction of all time
go big or go home

_KB24_
08-13-2010, 11:08 PM
This is straight BS. How the hell does Melo not get one ****ing vote? He has just as good as shot as Durant, if not better. This whole Durantmania is a little pre-mature if you ask me.

MacFitz92
08-14-2010, 12:33 AM
Dirk will win it because:

1. Mavericks will have the best record in the west.
2. Mavs will win 60 games.
3. Dirk is the german assassain and blonde bomber.
4. Dirk will average at least 26pts-8rebs
5. Who can stop Dirk? Nobody can, duh.

I agree.

alencp3
08-14-2010, 09:53 AM
Greg Oden deserves one vote if he stays healthy

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Kobe

iggypop123
08-14-2010, 02:24 PM
kobe doesn't have a shot. the media still hates him. its going to be a battle between durant and howard. lebron has no shot because his teammate probably has a better chance at winning it.

EaglePride615
08-14-2010, 02:28 PM
how does oden get a vote but melo doesnt????

dre1990
08-14-2010, 02:38 PM
what if greg oden wins mvp this nest season :laugh2:

bbblack40
08-14-2010, 02:54 PM
why do people keep thinking okc are goin to be so great? i mean really they are the western conference Atlanta Hawks. Hawks pushed the celtics in 08 in 1st round then everybody jumped on their bandwagon talking their ready to make the next step well they didnt they are still tha same. Okc will probably finish as the 6th seed this yr. and i doubt you give the mvp to the sixth seed. Miami will have the best record in the league Wade will get MVP because 1. he will be the leader/best player on the team with the best record. and 2. voters like to mix it up when it comes to MVP voting they dont like pickin the same person over and over, thats the reason Jordan didnt get it like every yr.

DaBUU
08-14-2010, 03:42 PM
why do people keep thinking okc are goin to be so great? i mean really they are the western conference Atlanta Hawks. Hawks pushed the celtics in 08 in 1st round then everybody jumped on their bandwagon talking their ready to make the next step well they didnt they are still tha same. Okc will probably finish as the 6th seed this yr. and i doubt you give the mvp to the sixth seed. Miami will have the best record in the league Wade will get MVP because 1. he will be the leader/best player on the team with the best record. and 2. voters like to mix it up when it comes to MVP voting they dont like pickin the same person over and over, thats the reason Jordan didnt get it like every yr.

thats a silly comparison. Atlanta never had a player like Durant to move forward with.

Durant>>>>Joe Johnson

Avenged
08-14-2010, 03:45 PM
how does oden get a vote but melo doesnt????

Because Oden's promise is somewhat overrated for the limited of games he has played. By just looking at his efficiency, it can give you a misleading perception. He has the tools to be a dominant center just by looking at the few games he's played but that's really as far as it goes.

JordansBulls
08-14-2010, 07:10 PM
any reason Melo isn't getting any love here?

Kyben36
08-14-2010, 07:23 PM
any reason Melo isn't getting any love here?

I dont think anyone considers melo a #1 type player, and to win MVP, your offense, has to revolve around you, as far as im concerned, melo is a hell of a player, but not a #1 option. He reminds me of where Bosh is, only with better tallent around him. in No way Do I beleive that you have a shot of winning a tittle with Melo as your #1 option. even if you did, he would need alot more help than what he has.

bbblack40
08-14-2010, 07:38 PM
thats a silly comparison. Atlanta never had a player like Durant to move forward with.

Durant>>>>Joe Johnson

dont let the media hype your brain up. actually watch for yourself, Durant will get there one day but hes not there yet, he even said it himself during his ustream video hes not even close to Wade, Lbj, and kobe he said those were the 3 best in tha league in no particular order. the media is hyping him big time they tryin 2 make it seem like the thunder are better than what they are as well pickin them to be number 2 in the west this yr when they we number 8 last yr, be serious the west is still strong. Durunt didnt not play well in tha playoffs but all you here is he is now with wade, kobe, and lebron. its not close he closer 2 brandon roy, and rudy than those 3.

_KB24_
08-14-2010, 10:06 PM
I dont think anyone considers melo a #1 type player, and to win MVP, your offense, has to revolve around you, as far as im concerned, melo is a hell of a player, but not a #1 option. He reminds me of where Bosh is, only with better tallent around him. in No way Do I beleive that you have a shot of winning a tittle with Melo as your #1 option. even if you did, he would need alot more help than what he has.

:speechless:

You should delete your account right away. Are we forgetting that many had Melo as the front-runner for MVP 2 up until December when everything started going down the drain for Denver :pity:

Bubba313
08-14-2010, 10:26 PM

Lol come on, few players in the league are as good as Melo offensively. I'd say Lebron, Kobe, maybe Wade and Durant then Melo. He's basically unstoppable one on one.

Lakersfanla24
08-14-2010, 11:20 PM
the mvp award is a joke i do see durant taking it but in the end kobe will once again be holding the obrien with the finals mvp.

heathonater
08-14-2010, 11:38 PM
yea, im hoping oden does well next season, but it is an understatement to say that oden shouldnt have gotten a vote for mvp. it will be interesting to see how the mvp race will be affected this year with lebron most likely having a reduced ppg total, but much more assists this year.

ManningToTyree
08-14-2010, 11:38 PM
How did Mike James get no votes? ESPN sucks!

ManningToTyree
08-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Durant is my choice

CLASSOF72
08-15-2010, 12:20 AM
This is an easy one, Kobe is the league MVP uncontested imo, cause if Kobe were on my team there aint no one I'd trade him for. Don't care how you want to measure it, with help without help, aint noone as complete as Bryant, nor of greater value to a team.

GSW 2012 CHAMPS
08-15-2010, 01:59 AM
greg oden? he hasn't played a full season in his career.. hard to believe he got a vote

Raph12
08-15-2010, 04:18 AM
The fact that Lebron and Wade are in the Top 5 makes this list laughable... The fact that Oden is even on this list makes it invalid.

tredigs
08-15-2010, 04:31 AM
The fact that Lebron and Wade are in the Top 5 makes this list laughable... The fact that Oden is even on this list makes it invalid.

At least one of the two will finish top 5. They are (unarguably) two of the top five in the league Raph, the fact that they're on the same team won't strip them of that. They may receive less first place votes than they would otherwise, but when you're putting up elite numbers on a ~65 win team, you're going to receive a good deal of top 5 MVP votes (so long as they stay healthy).

KD/Kobe/Wade/Lebron and to a lesser extent Dwight, Melo and Cp3 should all receive a huge chunk of top 5 votes once again. The Oden thing was just one guy of 80+ being a moron (possible homer).

JordansBulls
08-15-2010, 10:22 AM
At least one of the two will finish top 5. They are (unarguably) two of the top five in the league Raph, the fact that they're on the same team won't strip them of that. They may receive less first place votes than they would otherwise, but when you're putting up elite numbers on a ~65 win team, you're going to receive a good deal of top 5 MVP votes (so long as they stay healthy).

KD/Kobe/Wade/Lebron and to a lesser extent Dwight, Melo and Cp3 should all receive a huge chunk of top 5 votes once again. The Oden thing was just one guy of 80+ being a moron (possible homer).

Agreed. Afterall I believe even Pippen was #5 in MVP voting in 1996 when we won 72 games. Shaq was #3 in 2002 and Kobe #5.

Raph12
08-15-2010, 04:56 PM

They won't win 65+, 55-64 is a much more realistic number, the league is much stronger, especially the East, not as many bottom feeders as there used to be and chemistry issues will stunt their win-total as well. There numbers won't look as nice as it did on their own teams, all three guys will have to limit their games in order to gain the chemistry they'll need to beat the other top teams.

My Top 5 MVP Ranking:
1. Durant
2. Kobe
3. Dwight
4. Melo
5. Roy

I could see Lebron and Wade finishing with CP3, Dirk and D-Will in the 6-10 slots. The only way I can see Lebron or Wade finishing Top 5 is if they win 65+ and both avg 25+ppg/7+rpg/7+apg, and I don't see either of those scenerios panning out.

Agreed. Afterall I believe even Pippen was #5 in MVP voting in 1996 when we won 72 games. Shaq was #3 in 2002 and Kobe #5.

Jordan/Pippen and Kobe/Shaq had two guys arguably in the Top 10, the Heat have three and their numbers won't be nearly as godly as they used to be... Plus the league is much stronger now, no chance they go near 72 wins.

JordansBulls
08-18-2010, 09:32 PM
They won't win 65+, 55-64 is a much more realistic number, the league is much stronger, especially the East, not as many bottom feeders as there used to be and chemistry issues will stunt their win-total as well. There numbers won't look as nice as it did on their own teams, all three guys will have to limit their games in order to gain the chemistry they'll need to beat the other top teams.

My Top 5 MVP Ranking:
1. Durant
2. Kobe
3. Dwight
4. Melo
5. Roy

So you think Roy will have a better case than Wade?

carlo4444
08-18-2010, 09:48 PM
hahah greg oden...im going with KD or chris paul if healthy...i wouldnt throw out lebron though he will still put up huge numbers now just the kinda player he is and i think with more shooters and ppl who can score around him it will pile up the dimes...but dont see him winning it

bedford1829
08-18-2010, 10:05 PM
1. Kobe
2. Durant
3. Paul ?

I think that the trio in Miami kind of screwed themselves as I dont think you'll be able to argue whose the most valuable to the team let alone picking one of them as MVP of the league.

JordansBulls
08-19-2010, 02:05 PM
I think people are overlooking Dwight for some reason.

maxima2k53
08-19-2010, 05:33 PM

1. Kevin Durant (41)
2. Kobe Bryant (23)
3. Lebron James (15)
4. Dwyane Wade (8)
5. Dwight Howard (4)

I believe knuckles will 3 peat

CLASSOF72
08-19-2010, 05:50 PM
DWade should be league MVP for talking LeWanda out of his legacy and into going to S.Beach. Otherwise Kobe is the clear choice free from subjective judgments of course.

smith&wesson
08-19-2010, 06:11 PM
kobe,

and how the hell did oden get a vote.

JordansBulls
08-19-2010, 07:32 PM
I believe knuckles will 3 peat

:confused:

tredigs
08-19-2010, 08:00 PM

My Top 5 MVP Ranking:
1. Durant
2. Kobe
3. Dwight
4. Melo
5. Roy

I could see Lebron and Wade finishing with CP3, Dirk and D-Will in the 6-10 slots. The only way I can see Lebron or Wade finishing Top 5 is if they win 65+ and both avg 25+ppg/7+rpg/7+apg, and I don't see either of those scenerios panning out.

Jordan/Pippen and Kobe/Shaq had two guys arguably in the Top 10, the Heat have three and their numbers won't be nearly as godly as they used to be... Plus the league is much stronger now, no chance they go near 72 wins.

Look at that - made a Durant believer outta you after all ; ]

The Heat will win 60+ games with relative ease, and 65 is definitely no stretch. Lebron or Wade could take the night off and they would still be the favorites 8 times out of 10 (what has changed so much from last year where a far inferior Cavs team won 61?).

As far as the per game stat line and PER: 25 pts 7 reb 8 ast with a PER of 28 is about what we can expect from Lebron next season (for a first place 60+ win team). As for Wade: 26 pts 5 reb 5 ast with a PER of 28 is a reasonable guess for him (Bosh will be around 19/10 - Miller 10/3). Leaves about 25 pts for the other rotation players to fight for: 7 for Haslem - 5 for Chalmers - 4 for Z - 4 for Anthony - 5 for House.

Seems reasonable, and those numbers (if they pan out similar to that, which I think they should) will put them among the top 5 in the league - playing for a top 2 team. That = top 5 MVP votes. Barring injury, they'll both be there - right behind my boy KD.

Antipod
08-20-2010, 02:32 AM
1 Durant
2 Kobe

3 Wade or Lebron