PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley hits back at Lebron, refers to Miami trio as "punks"

Pages : [1] 2

dnewguy
08-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Charles Barkley weighed in Wednesday on a recent Twitter statement by LeBron James. Barkley, a TNT analyst and former NBA All-Star, said he hopes James remembers Barkley's critical comments and called a couple of James' more significant actions this summer "punk" moves.

"I heard about LeBron's little tweet today that he's remembering everybody who said anything bad about him," Barkley said Thursday on ESPN Radio 103.3 FM in Dallas/Fort Worth. "And he said 'everybody.' Well, I want him to make sure that he puts my name on that (list).

"I thought that his little one-hour special was a punk move. I thought them dancing around on the stage was a punk move, and I thought he should've stayed in Cleveland. Him joining Dwyane Wade's team was very disappointing to me."

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/08/12/charles-barkley-rips-lebron-miamis-big-three-as-punks/

h2r09
08-12-2010, 06:55 PM
This is ****ing ridiculous. Any team Lebron is on he will be the man, plain and simple. To think otherwise is ridiculous. All this Lebron hate will be gone when he finally plays again and shows he is the most physically dominating and best player in the league.

thekmp211
08-12-2010, 07:01 PM
chucks just pissed that lebron got over his ego (on the court) earlier than he could

NYtilIdie
08-12-2010, 07:03 PM
This is ****ing ridiculous. Any team Lebron is on he will be the man, plain and simple. To think otherwise is ridiculous. All this Lebron hate will be gone when he finally plays again and shows he is the most physically dominating and best player in the league.

No, even as a Lebron fan I know Wade will be the man in Miami. Every photoshoot they've done together who's in the middle everytime? Wade and when you have a clik or group of friends the person in the middle is usually the leader of the bunch.

Miami is Wade's house and Lebron and Bosh are nothing more then room-mates. Plain and Simple.

RenegadeRiot36
08-12-2010, 07:04 PM
chuck ftw!!!

smiddy012
08-12-2010, 07:05 PM

We are talking about the mentality of a leader, not the talent of a number one option. Wade has it even though he is a pr!ck. Lebron doesnt have it, his actions have proven that, its pretty simple.

Catfish1314
08-12-2010, 07:07 PM
chucks just pissed that lebron got over his ego (on the court) earlier than he could

Got over his ego by agreeing to a 1 hour special where he would announce his decision to **** over Cavs fans that supported him for 7+ years?

dnewguy
08-12-2010, 07:07 PM
No, even as a Lebron fan I know Wade will be the man in Miami. Every photoshoot they've done together who's in the middle everytime? Wade and when you have a clik or group of friends the person in the middle is usually the leader of the bunch.

Miami is Wade's house and Lebron and Bosh are nothing more then room-mates. Plain and Simple.

Maybe because Wade is shorter than lebron and Bosh. Wade will defer to Lebron, trust me.

LA_Raiders
08-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Agree, he is a punk...

lakers4sho
08-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Chuck speaking some truth :clap:

ldawg
08-12-2010, 07:14 PM
I still cannot picture Lebron on the Heat just a bit weird. The way he played Cavs in that one Hour special was good for NBA entertainment but it destroy one team while the other don't have enough seats putting two like high ticket players on the same team, not to mention they are both ball handlers that will now play a limited role. Bosh and Wade or Lebron and Bosh make sense but the third player seem like a crowd, there is only one ball. The team will be fun to watch but Lebron/Wade seem like a waste of talent like young Carter and Tmac were and if Kobe and AI played together how that would have been. It seem like Lebron admit defeat to join a player of Wades caliber. Were is the Competition? Can they dominate? hell yeah, but they can also be just another good team. Hell Spurs won 4 ring without a super team, Mj won 6 and left the sport to play baseball came back and left on top with Pip hushing critics, Jonson won 5 with a cut shot career, Kobe has 5 also hushing haters so what would be impressive about 3 top players on the same team? So if Miami won 4 would they be great? I don't blame Charles he is only speaking his mind he came from a different era they all feel the same even the great one MJ. Its not Lebrons fault Because of Lebron crazy talents we took or expectation to great heights only to be disappointed he was not up to the task. If you just stated watching bb its great but If you can't beat them join them.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/08/12/charles-barkley-rips-lebron-miamis-big-three-as-punks/

SouthSideRookie
08-12-2010, 07:14 PM
I really thought I would never hear Barkley say anything that most everyone would agree with.

icon1914
08-12-2010, 07:17 PM
What is the difference in LeBron bouncing to a team that has a better chance at winning than the one he was on, and Barkley jumping onto the Rockets, with Pippen, who already had Hakeen and Clyde?

Answer is age. Barkley did it too late and did not get anything out of it.... LeBron and Bosh might actually run the league for awhile if it works out....

Bottom line is I don't want to hear Barkley call the kettle black.

thekmp211
Got over his ego by agreeing to a 1 hour special where he would announce his decision to **** over Cavs fans that supported him for 7+ years?

can. you. read?

that's all im going to say. dont just come at me, read my ****ing post. i said on the COURT. like the basketball court? you know that game with the orange ball and the net?

ldawg
sorry already one posted

mikealike305
08-12-2010, 07:18 PM
He is trying to get people to care
about him, we all know "sir charles" loves lebron and Wade, he is
just trying to get all the attention on him for 5 mins.

ldawg
08-12-2010, 07:19 PM
I still cannot picture Lebron on the Heat just a bit weird. The way he played Cavs in that one Hour special was good for NBA entertainment but it destroy one team while the other don't have enough seats putting two like high ticket players on the same team not to mention they are both ball handlers that will now play a limited role. Bosh and Wade or Lebron and Bosh make sense but the third player seem like a crowd there is only one ball. The team will be fun to watch but Lebron/Wade seem like a waste of talent like young Carter and Tmac were and if Kobe and AI played together how that would have been. It seem like Lebron admit defeat to join a player of Wades caliber. Were is the Competition? Can they dominate? hell yeah, but they can also be just another good team. Hell Spurs won 4 ring without a super team, Mj won 6 and left the sport to play baseball came back and left on top with Pip hushing critics, Jonson won 5 with a cut shot career, Kobe has 5 also hushing haters so what would be impressive about 3 top players on the same team? So if Miami won 4 would they be great? I don't blame Charles he is only speaking his mind he came from a different era they all feel the same even the great one MJ. Its not Lebrons fault Because of Lebron crazy talents we took or expectation to great heights only to be disappointed he was not up to the task. If you just stated watching bb its great but If you can't beat them join them.

thekmp211
08-12-2010, 07:19 PM
What is the difference in LeBron bouncing to a team that has a better chance at winning than the one he was on, and Barkley jumping onto the Rockets, with Pippen, who already had Hakeen and Clyde?

Answer is age. Barkley did it too late and did not get anything out of it.... LeBron and Bosh might actually run the league for awhile if it works out....

this. i love chuck but he's just running his mouth.

dwadefan03
08-12-2010, 07:20 PM
does anyone even take that fool seriously anymore?

AI4MVP
08-12-2010, 07:21 PM
im so proud to say charles barkley was a phoenix sun

Klivlend
08-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Maybe because Wade is shorter than lebron and Bosh. Wade will defer to Lebron, trust me.

My thoughts exactly

bkmikeyy
08-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Someones upset Lebron took his spot in Wade's fave 5

Catfish1314
08-12-2010, 07:25 PM
can. you. read?

that's all im going to say. dont just come at me, read my ****ing post. i said on the COURT. like the basketball court? you know that game with the orange ball and the net?

:laugh: Come at you? Ok tough guy.

LeBron never had an ego on the court, especially not the way Barkely did. So your post is moot regardless of where you're saying he had an ego.

Klivlend
Dude, i just read your post in the other thread about this exact topic. If you're gonna create a second thread on the same topic, at least edit your post a little. This is the identical post. You're just lazy, man

mikealike305
Someones upset Lebron took his spot in Wade's fave 5

Lmao this

Klivlend
08-12-2010, 07:26 PM
O, my bad. I see you created the thread first and then copied your response in the original thread on this topic

John Walls Era
08-12-2010, 07:27 PM
We'll see if he changes him opinion after he watches them play. I believe the Heat are on Thursday a lot.

lavilevi23
08-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Chuck is just jealous because he knows that LeBron did the right move. The same move that he should've done while he still had a chance to lead a team to a championship. He's just pissed he never won anything despite being one of the best PFs of his era. You can't just judge LeBron's decision from Charles Barkley's point of view because LeBron was just tired of having great seasons and not winning ****... Same with Bosh.. It doesnt matter how many MVPs or Allstar MVPs or all that other crap awards you win - unless you win a championship you ain't worth **** in this league and you'll always be remembered as a loser. I get chucks opinion but LeBrons thoughts are exactly the opposite - He prefers getting rings and being remembered as a great player rather than a complete failure and a total loser when it all matters (in the playoffs)...

SouthSideRookie
08-12-2010, 07:29 PM
^^ lol

thekmp211
08-12-2010, 07:30 PM

LeBron never had an ego on the court, especially not the way Barkely did. So your post is moot regardless of where you're saying he had an ego.

i have no interest in acting tough. nothing bothers me more than people who respond to something i didnt say.

of course he had an ego on the court. he has an ego everywhere. he decided to forgo his own personal legacy for the chance to be part of something great. youd be naive to think lebron doesnt have an ego on the court.

pasquale
08-12-2010, 07:30 PM
We are talking about the mentality of a leader, not the talent of a number one option. Wade has it even though he is a pr!ck. Lebron doesnt have it, his actions have proven that, its pretty simple.

the best player always becomes the leader, in fact he must be. . As good as Wade is no one serious can compare him or anyone to Lebron. I am not a fan of Lebron or all these other players in these other sports being so determined to win a championship that they lose focus of everything else.
But heh my BBall team was 2-25 in my senior year while Lebron won two Ohio State championships so maybe there is a reason I dont get this.

Look at Boston where Rondo has become the top dog. You can not lie about who is the best player on a team, so now you hear more about Rondo then any other Celtic, and yes Rondo is now the leader of the Celtics.

heattiltheend94
08-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Charles Barkley is not one to talk considering that he never won a title. LeBron is scared to become like Barkley and never win a title (and supporting Taco Bell when he retires lol)

metsbulls1025
08-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Why do so many people on this forum have problems with separating things. Barkley doesn't hate Lebron, their fans, their organization, or any of their players. All the media and people trashing Lebron has everything to do with his 1 hour special and his constant claim of wanting to be the man only to join up with 2 stars. How people can hate him or anyone else for thinking Lebron was wrong is beyond me.

Catfish1314
08-12-2010, 07:33 PM
i have no interest in acting tough. nothing bothers me more than people who respond to something i didnt say.

of course he had an ego on the court. he has an ego everywhere. he decided to forgo his own personal legacy for the chance to be part of something great. youd be naive to think lebron doesnt have an ego on the court.

Well all basketball players have egos on the court but LeBron's is miniscule compared to what I think you're suggesting.

This is the same guy who took criticism a few years ago for passing to the open player in clutch situations rather than taking the shot himself. Shame on him.

JWO35
Charles Barkley speaks the truth...LeBron couldn't lead a team, so he plays 2nd fiddle to Wade's team :pity:

Avenged
Wow, Chuck! :speechless:

Let em' have it!

blue bleeder09
08-12-2010, 07:35 PM

he never had an ego???? what was the little baby powder BS before the game :facepalm:

Sandman
08-12-2010, 07:36 PM
he never had an ego???? what was the little baby powder BS before the game :facepalm:

Inevitable notion: running off the court like a crybaby after losing to the Magic :cry:

lol and how about CHOSEN ONE tatooed on himself

SouthSideRookie
08-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Chuck is just jealous because he knows the LeBron just did the right move. The same move that he should've done while he still had a chance to lead a team to a championship. He's just pissed he never won anything despite being one of the best PFs of his era. You can't just judge LeBron's decision from Charles Barkley's point of view because LeBron was just tired of having great seasons and not winning ****... Same with Bosh.. It doesnt matter how many MVPs or Allstar MVPs or all that other crap awards you win - unless you win a championship you ain't worth **** in this league and you'll always be remembered as a loser. I get chucks opinion but LeBrons thoughts are exactly the opposite - He prefers getting rings and being remembered as a great player rather than a complete failure and a total loser when it all matters (in the playoffs)...

You're wrong again, first off, its rare that a player of Lebrons caliber has jumped ship on the prime of his carrer, an MVP winner, im sure its probably happened before but im almost sure it hasnt happened to often. Second of all, according to you MVPs "aint worth *******", well all I keep hearing is that Lebron is the best player in the game and Lebron has provent that he is because hes been the MVP twice, im sure they are not basing it on rings cause hes not even in the conversation on that one.

D Roses Bulls
08-12-2010, 07:39 PM

wade is the man in miami...... not lebron. as a miami fan like you say you are, you should know that.

heattiltheend94
08-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Lebron and bosh couldn't lead their teams to a championship so they have to ride someone else's coat tails

No one can lead get a championship by themselves ex: (Kobe first round exits before Gasol). None of the Celtic players could win one by themselves, but won once they came together. That is exactly what the Heat are doing, so I guess I agree with you, LeBron and Bosh couldn't win separately, but there is nothing wrong with teaming up. I'm so sick of saying this:mad:

Catfish1314
08-12-2010, 07:41 PM

On the court. The powder and the "Chosen One" tattoo were a part of his ego off the court. When he's on the court, he's one of the most unselfish players in the league.

Like I said, two or three years ago people were jumping on this guy because he kicked the ball out to open shooters like Daniel Gibson or Donyell Marshall in game-winning situations instead of taking the shot himself. That's what I meant by having an ego. On. The. Court.

SchyGuy11
finally barkley says something that i agree with

thekmp211
Well all basketball players have egos on the court but LeBron's is miniscule compared to what I think you're suggesting.

This is the same guy who took criticism a few years ago for passing to the open player in clutch situations rather than taking the shot himself. Shame on him.

no i do agree. he has always been an incredibly unselfish player for his talents. but, he has also been anointed as the next big thing since he was 16. he has been told by everyone around him that his legacy was to win as the man and be the number one superstar.

in terms of sharing the ball, i think youre right his ego is minuscule. in terms of sharing the glory -- i'm not so sure. for these older guys that need the rings, joining forces is a move of vindication. he's taken a lot of criticism and forgone a lot of potential individual praise in order to achieve greatness.

JWO35
08-12-2010, 07:42 PM
wade is the man in miami...... not lebron. as a miami fan like you say you are, you should know that.

He hopped on the Wagon :whistle:

D Roses Bulls
08-12-2010, 07:42 PM
No one can lead get a championship by themselves ex: (Kobe first round exits before Gasol). None of the Celtic players could win one by themselves, but won once they came together. That is exactly what the Heat are doing, so I guess I agree with you, LeBron and Bosh couldn't win separately, but there is nothing wrong with teaming up. I'm so sick of saying this:mad:

did you not watch the 2006 finals? wade and a cast of players past their prime. wade carried them in the finals and single handily destroyed the mavs by himself.

Hoopsadvocate
08-12-2010, 07:43 PM
wierd. He is to be a Lebrick lover. He would scream at anyone that said that Kobe was better than Lebrick. Well know he might truly be understanding who the real king in the NBA is. Its KB24

Haven't u noticed those are the main ppl who are hating on him his old biggest fans. There dissapointed In him but it's not their decision to make it was lebrons ad it's pathetic to be mad at someone for making a decision about their personal life/career.

D Roses Bulls
08-12-2010, 07:43 PM
He hopped on the Wagon :whistle:

hoped? what did i hope for? :) i never hopped on no heat wagon. i do like wade which has been in my profile since i joined this site but thats it.

RCarlson85
08-12-2010, 07:44 PM

LOL! That's probably true. He wishes he could have won a championship so he's mad at someone taking the best opportunity to do that.

LTS
08-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Barkley had a DUI and he has room to talk??? Lebron I dont belive will be the leader but hay they choose talent over money so stop crying about it he has no obligation to CLE or anywhere eh served his contract. And I think he supported CLE for a 7 years they only had to show up.

Also I have always hated Lebron because of his publicity and early comparisons to MJ so don't think I love the guy its the opposite but besides his lame as TV show he didnt do anything that anyone in the past hasnt already done but that espn special was retarted and uneccisary

RCarlson85

I agree, good points.

Drunk Kosar 19
-this made more pull my C-bark display outta storage...screw u lediva!

SouthSideRookie
did you not watch the 2006 finals? wade and a cast of players past their prime. wade carried them in the finals and single handily destroyed the mavs by himself.

Olajuwon also did it in 94, but yeah, about 06 you would figure that Heat fans would remember that year. If Lebron is the "chosen one" you figure that he would have a ring by now, especially since he played in the pathetic eastern conference.

heattiltheend94
08-12-2010, 07:48 PM

I've said this, but all the Lakers fans say that Shaq helped a lot too. I try not to use this as argument because people accuse of me being a homer

Hoopsadvocate
08-12-2010, 07:49 PM

Come on man get real I'm log time heat fan and even I know situations like the 2006 finals as u described rarely happen when 1 guy single handedly carries the team to a championship there are so many more examples of multiple superstars coming together to win that 1 guy carrying his team so stfu. It's justified it's not out of the ordinary and plenty of ppl have done it just not smart enough to do it in their prime.

D Roses Bulls
08-12-2010, 07:50 PM
I've said this, but all the Lakers fans say that Shaq helped a lot too. I try not to use this as argument because people accuse of me being a homer

no use that argument. shaq didnt even average a double double in the playoffs. wade carried that team. shaq had little effect if any in the post season

heattiltheend94
08-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Come on man get real I'm log time heat fan and even I know situations like the 2006 finals as u described rarely happen when 1 guy single handedly carries the team to a championship there are so many more examples of multiple superstars coming together to win that 1 guy carrying his team so stfu. It's justified it's not out of the ordinary and plenty of ppl have done it just not smart enough to do it in their prime.

thanks for backing me up:)

D Roses Bulls
Olajuwon also did it in 94, but yeah, about 06 you would figure that Heat fans would remember that year. If Lebron is the "chosen one" you figure that he would have a ring by now, especially since he played in the pathetic eastern conference.

:clap:

J4KOP99
I think there are a few missed points when it comes to people defending LeBron.

I don't think anyone here is saying LeBron is a bad player. I constantly see Heat/LeBron fans make the point that LeBron is the best player and how can this move hurt him, it was the "right" move and blah, blah, blah...

-No one is arguing that he has gotten worse, but instead we are saying(most of us at least) that LeBron has dramatically hurt his chances at becoming the greatest. He, unlike any player of his stature, chose to leave his original team(which had previously had the best record in 2 consecutive seasons) to join a team with arguably the 2nd best player(Wade) and a top 3-5 big man.(Bosh)

How can you guys defend him on this? How can he possibly be looked at as the greatest ever, if he is playing alongside his current teammates?

-To my previous question, I constantly see this as an excuse...

"Maybe he doesn't want to be the greatest and instead wants to win titles. Isn't that what it is about, winning the most titles?"

-Ok, if that is your reason, then you are hurting LeBron even more. Who in their right mind does not want to be the greatest? You're telling me LeBron has his sights set on being the 3rd, 4th, or 5th best of all-time? Where is the competitiveness LeBron? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em...

Now, the constant criticism. I can understand if you don't want to listen to Barkley and say that he basically did the same thing.(which just is not true at all... but whatever)

I guess Magic Johnson doesn't know what he is talking about either because he won titles... who's fault is that?

I guess Michael Jordan doesn't know what he is talking about because... I don't even know how to back this statement up.

How many people need to call out LeBron? These aren't your journalists or your angry NBA GM's... these are some of the greatest competitors of all-time. These are guys that, when the going got tough, they got tougher.

The same things about LeBron are constantly said... only about 8 people from PSD are defending him, aside from that, the majority believes LeBron James is a fool. And to be honest, he isn't doing much to help his image.

Hellcrooner
08-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Chuk shoudl not talk bout this thing.

Trade me from sixers to suns111111

lets jock on hakeem and clyde!!!!!!!!!

RCarlson85
08-12-2010, 07:54 PM

I agree that Lebron has less of an ego on the court than most of the top players in the NBA. That shows in the fact that he is willing to make the pass instead of always having to take the shot himself (KOBE). He likes to get others involved and doesn't mind being a facilitator.

PlezPlayDKnicks
08-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Haven't u noticed those are the main ppl who are hating on him his old biggest fans. There dissapointed In him but it's not their decision to make it was lebrons ad it's pathetic to be mad at someone for making a decision about their personal life/career.

The fans pay his salary , buy his products, and make him a star.. Hardcore Lebron fans have a right to complain. It's like finding out ur hero is a coward.. Lebron made the best bball decision but his true fans have every right to feel disappointed.. I will always admire his game and talent. But his heart is def a ?

thekmp211
08-12-2010, 07:55 PM

you are really, truly one of the worst homers on the site. i can't wait to throw it in your face how d rose has never won a ring with all his help.

SouthSideRookie
08-12-2010, 07:56 PM

I don't think anyone here is saying LeBron is a bad player. I constantly see Heat/LeBron fans make the point that LeBron is the best player and how can this move hurt him, it was the "right" move and blah, blah, blah...

-No one is arguing that he has gotten worse, but instead we are saying(most of us at least) that LeBron has dramatically hurt his chances at becoming the greatest. He, unlike any player of his stature, chose to leave his original team(which had previously had the best record in 2 consecutive seasons) to join a team with arguably the 2nd best player(Wade) and a top 3-5 big man.(Bosh)

How can you guys defend him on this? How can he possibly be looked at as the greatest ever, if he is playing alongside his current teammates?

"Maybe he doesn't want to be the greatest and instead wants to win titles. Isn't that what it is about, winning the most titles?"

-Ok, if that is your reason, then you are hurting LeBron even more. Who in their right mind does not want to be the greatest? You're telling me LeBron has his sights set on being the 3rd, 4th, or 5th best of all-time? Where is the competitiveness LeBron? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em...

Now, the constant criticism. I can understand if you don't want to listen to Barkley and say that he basically did the same thing.(which just is not true at all... but whatever)

I guess Magic Johnson doesn't know what he is talking about either because he won titles... who's fault is that?

I guess Michael Jordan doesn't know what he is talking about because... I don't even know how to back this statement up.

How many people need to call out LeBron? These aren't your journalists or your angry NBA GM's... these are some of the greatest competitors of all-time. These are guys that, when the going got tough, they got tougher.

The same things about LeBron are constantly said... only about 8 people from PSD are defending him, aside from that, the majority believes LeBron James is a fool. And to be honest, he isn't doing much to help his image.

Post of the month!

D Roses Bulls
08-12-2010, 07:56 PM

it barely happens huh? rockets in 94, bulls in 93 when jordan carried his team past the suns and in the clincher game scored every single point besides 5 in the second half. duncan in 99 carried his team when robinson was pretty much almost done. and wade in 2006. the only other teams that won that were loaded with stars was celtics, lakers, pistons, of the 80's and early 90's. lakers of the early part of this decade, and the celtics and lakers of the past 3 years. so pretty much it can happen if a team doesnt stack its self with 3 or more all stars and all first and second team NBA players. oh and when the pistons won in 2005, they didnt have one superstar on that team.

D Roses Bulls
08-12-2010, 07:57 PM
you are really, truly one of the worst homers on the site. i can't wait to throw it in your face how d rose has never won a ring with all his help.

when did i say anything about the bulls on this thread? and what help does rose have? rose is 21 and the best player on his team. so ummmm nice try though.

SouthSideRookie
08-12-2010, 07:59 PM

How can u say that Rose will never win a ring if hes better than anyone on the Knicks roster when taking age and upside into consideration. So I guess the Knicks are gonna win a title here soon and the Bulls wont come close with Rose, hmm.

Hoopsadvocate
08-12-2010, 07:59 PM
The fans pay his salary , buy his products, and make him a star.. Hardcore Lebron fans have a right to complain. It's like finding out ur hero is a coward.. Lebron made the best bball decision but his true fans have every right to feel disappointed.. I will always admire his game and talent. But his heart is def a ?

U know what fair enough u make a more valid point than the idiots who hate on him for not winning by himself or for being a diva when clearly its the media who's making him out to be like that. But like u said it's the best b ball decision so in the end ppl are getting mad at someon for making a smart decision. And that is sad.

D Roses Bulls
08-12-2010, 08:00 PM
How can u say that Rose will never win a ring if hes better than anyone on the Knicks roster when taking age and upside into consideration. So I guess the Knicks are gonna win a title here soon and the Bulls wont come close with Rose, hmm.

ignore that guy, he is just trying to bait. i guess i would too if i had to live with such a crappy team for such a long time.

lavilevi23
08-12-2010, 08:01 PM
You're wrong again, first off, its rare that a player of Lebrons caliber has jumped ship on the prime of his carrer, an MVP winner, im sure its probably happened before but im almost sure it hasnt happened to often. Second of all, according to you MVPs "aint worth *******", well all I keep hearing is that Lebron is the best player in the game and Lebron has provent that he is because hes been the MVP twice, im sure they are not basing it on rings cause hes not even in the conversation on that one.

It has happened (with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for example) and I still think MVP's become meaningless after a copule of years. For example - what will you remember KG for 10 years from now - a Championship in 08 with the Celts of an MVP award in 04 with the Wolves? Will any1 remember A.I 10 years from now? If so then what will you remember him for? a LOSER>?
I think you kinda get my point.
BTW I still think Kobe is the best player IMO...

RCarlson85
08-12-2010, 08:01 PM

I think if there is an example of someone winning by themselves this would be it. People will argue that he had Shaq, but this was the year Shaq started his decline for sure. He was better the year before when Miami lost to Detroit in the ECF. In the finals, it was all Wade for sure.

PLAYERS FAN
08-12-2010, 08:02 PM
I can't wait for NBA basketball on TNT

HoopsDrive
08-12-2010, 08:04 PM

Ever stop to think that maybe he doesn't care about being called the greatest (which was a longshot anyway because of Jordan's greatness)? Maybe he just wants to win as many rings as he wants and he saw the best opportunity in Miami? Maybe he just wants to play alongside his pals in Wade and Bosh? Does it always have to be about the greatest or whatever? No it doesn't. Maybe MJ, Magic, Bird or whomever would not have done it but they're not LBJ.

Why is it the correct decision to stay in Cleveland and tough it out? Because he needs to be competitive? Because he needs to try to beat MJ off the #1 spot on the all-time rankings? Maybe he doesn't care about that kind of stuff. And that is all that matters, what LBJ thinks was best to him, not what other people think.

D Roses Bulls
08-12-2010, 08:04 PM
It has happened (with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for example) and I still think MVP's become meaningless after a copule of years. For example - what will you remember KG for 10 years from now - a Championship in 08 with the Celts of an MVP award in 04 with the Wolves? Will any1 remember A.I 10 years from now? If so then what will you remember him for? a LOSER>?
I think you kinda get my point.
BTW I still think Kobe is the best player IMO...

jabbar when he jumped ship for one was traded, for two was not the same player he was with the bucks. he was still good but not in his prime. people will remember KG if they are old enough like me and watched him play back then. he pretty much proved you can come strait from high school and become a good player. AI never played with anyone in their prime except melo, but iverson was past his prime when he played with melo. iverson single handily took his team to the finals and lost to a lakers team with shaq in his prime.

RCarlson85
08-12-2010, 08:05 PM
no use that argument. shaq didnt even average a double double in the playoffs. wade carried that team. shaq had little effect if any in the post season

I think you're the first non-Heat fan that would ever admit that Shaq played like **** and was total dead-weight in the playoffs/finals. Everyone else likes to claim that he did something and that it wasn't all Wade. I honestly think the Heat were better off when they played Mourning in the playoffs because he at least played some defense.

D Roses Bulls
08-12-2010, 08:06 PM
I think if there is an example of someone winning by themselves this would be it. People will argue that he had Shaq, but this was the year Shaq started his decline for sure. He was better the year before when Miami lost to Detroit in the ECF. In the finals, it was all Wade for sure.

and the only reason miami didnt win that year was because wade was hurt in i believe off the top of my memory the final 2-4 games of the series

RCarlson85
08-12-2010, 08:07 PM

I think you're the first non-Heat fan that would ever admit that Shaq played like **** and was total dead-weight in the playoffs/finals. Everyone else likes to claim that he did something and that it wasn't all Wade. I honestly think the Heat were better off when they played Mourning in the playoffs because he at least played some defense.

avrpatsfan
08-12-2010, 08:08 PM
How are they punks?

J4KOP99
08-12-2010, 08:09 PM
U know what fair enough u make a more valid point than the idiots who hate on him for not winning by himself or for being a diva when clearly its the media who's making him out to be like that. But like u said it's the best b ball decision so in the end ppl are getting mad at someon for making a smart decision. And that is sad.

I don't know if you are watching different things than the rest of us but just where is the media making him out to be something that he is not?

Do we really need to go back and talk about the things he has done in the past few months?

Refresh my memory. Did LeBron James really schedule a 1 hour special on ESPN so he could announce what team he would be playing for? Can you name me some players who have done this in the past?

And to your second point in bold...

Who is saying this is a smart decision? Of course it is great if you are a Heat fan, but why do you get to tell me what is a smart decision? The majority of people think this is a dumb decision... am i missing something? Do you Heat fans know something that I don't?

PLAYERS FAN

Hakeem is the only superstar without a all-star sidekick to win a title. Dallas defense treated Shaq as the number one option not Wade in that Finals.

PlezPlayDKnicks
ignore that guy, he is just trying to bait. i guess i would too if i had to live with such a crappy team for such a long time.

Easy with the Knicks bashing.

D Roses Bulls

yep...... if anyone wants to argue that they can just go to youtube cause the whole series is on there for anyone to watch.

D Roses Bulls
08-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Easy with the Knicks bashing.

sorry :) your fellow boy just kind of went in for no reason on a subject that has nothing to do with this thread.

D Roses Bulls
08-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Hakeem is the only superstar without a all-star sidekick to win a title. Dallas defense treated Shaq as the number one option not Wade in that Finals.

not really...... shaq played like crap all through the 2006 playoffs. so if dallas treated shaq, then i guess every other team treated him too.

RCarlson85
08-12-2010, 08:12 PM
and the only reason miami didnt win that year was because wade was hurt in i believe off the top of my memory the final 2-4 games of the series

Exactly, he got injured in game 5, but they already had that game. He missed all of game 6 and wasn't healthy enough for them to win in game 7.

Jahari Kavi
08-12-2010, 08:12 PM
charles just trying to make headlines......i wouldn't pay much attention to this........

thekmp211
08-12-2010, 08:13 PM

LOL. im not a knicks fan. i shouldnt have even bothered to rile the rose homers, i guess im just irritable today. cant take the usual bs.

J4KOP99
08-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Ever stop to think that maybe he doesn't care about being called the greatest (which was a longshot anyway because of Jordan's greatness)? Maybe he just wants to win as many rings as he wants and he saw the best opportunity in Miami? Maybe he just wants to play alongside his pals in Wade and Bosh? Does it always have to be about the greatest or whatever? No it doesn't. Maybe MJ, Magic, Bird or whomever would not have done it but they're not LBJ.

Why is it the correct decision to stay in Cleveland and tough it out? Because he needs to be competitive? Because he needs to try to beat MJ off the #1 spot on the all-time rankings? Maybe he doesn't care about that kind of stuff. And that is all that matters, what LBJ thinks was best to him, not what other people think.

Did you read the rest of my post? Or did you just think it would be a fun idea to repeat almost everything I said after the bolded part?

What you are doing is giving an excuse for LeBron.

"Maybe MJ, Magic, Bird or whomever would not have done it but they're not LBJ."

Shouldn't this be the other way around? LeBron DID do it, so HE is NOT MJ, Magic or Bird.

Who wants to be them anyway? They're only the greatest players to ever play the game...

I wake up every day and say to myself, hmm, hopefully I'll be the 8th hardest worker today, why be the best?

championships
08-12-2010, 08:16 PM
AHHHHHhahahahahahah. How does it feel to have to constantly defend your team and players Heat fans? Get used to it now.

Master Mind
08-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Lebron is still immature....he should stick with dunking on 7 yr old kids b/c he still is one.

OMG priceless post. :eyebrow:

ATX
08-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Well that's why they call him "Sir" Charles...For his controversial and outspoken comments. Didn't he try to team up and coattail with 2 top 50 players of all time in Olajuwon and Drexler? He's good for a good laugh here and there these days I guess.

slyone_nyc
08-12-2010, 08:18 PM

HOW CAN YOU CONSIDER HIM THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE? he's definitely the best statistical player in the game (not percentage wise) until kobe is no longer kobe, lebron will always be the second best player in the league...

Steelers23_06
08-12-2010, 08:19 PM
lmao i see a whole bunch of haters. everyone is saying that he should have stayed. for what? so a million people could bash him for being great and not winning a ring. if he stayed he wouldnt have one its that simple. nobody wanted to play for cleveland. who cares how mad barkley is? if i was lebron this would mean as much to me as the hair on his ***. barkley was ring chasing too! he played with two of the top 50 players of all time. we bash people for being selfish now adays and this is the most selfless thing anyone has ever done in the league and they still get bashed. and in reality jordan didnt play for one team his whole career now did he? so this faithful mumbo jumbo is bs. you dont even know how this team plays yet and haters are judging. i mean for all we know lebron could have one of the best seasons the nba has ever seen and average a triple double (like the big o) or he could flop but he has shown since he has laced his shoes up for his first nba game against sacremento that he is capable of being "the man". imo people hate great. when kobe was the best player in the league people hated him. before that it was a.i. before that it was shaq. just leave these 3 alone til tipoff the ball dont lie so just see where it bounces before you judge. because last time i checked how many rings exactly does barkley have? oh yea 0 :facepalm:

ldawg
08-12-2010, 08:23 PM
No one said need to win by himself but in everyone eyes Lebron was not just any other player. A play like that don't join a similar player with like skills who is also top 3. Do you hear anyone -itch about Bosh or Pau? No because they are not on that level. Lebron only problem on Cavs was he just did not know how to seal the deal. Cavs was the best regular season team for two straight years. Are you saying if Bosh or Amare joining them they still would not be good?

uchiha
nobody gives a crap about you Barkley, just go away now please

Steelers23_06
HOW CAN YOU CONSIDER HIM THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE? he's definitely the best statistical player in the game (not percentage wise) until kobe is no longer kobe, lebron will always be the second best player in the league...

how is kobe better please tell me. lebron is a better passer, rebounder, he made more threes on a better percentage, made more 15 feet+ shots, better at driving, better at chasing an offensive player down, better dunker, can defend the 4 position.

kobe is better at off the court stuff, he does make teammates better but so did eric snow and avery johnson but at the end of the day are they better than isaiah thomas...didnt think so. so where is your argument that kobe is better tell me? i want to hear this.

lavilevi23
08-12-2010, 08:24 PM
jabbar when he jumped ship for one was traded, for two was not the same player he was with the bucks. he was still good but not in his prime. people will remember KG if they are old enough like me and watched him play back then. he pretty much proved you can come strait from high school and become a good player. AI never played with anyone in their prime except melo, but iverson was past his prime when he played with melo. iverson single handily took his team to the finals and lost to a lakers team with shaq in his prime.

He came off an MVP season and he REQUESTED the trade to either the Knicks or the Lakers. He then won another MVP with the Lakers which proves to you the he was still a great player in his prime.

h2r09
08-12-2010, 08:24 PM

no, lebron is easily the best and most dominating player in the league. kobe may be the most sucessful team-wise but go to any game lebron plays in and you see he is easily the hardest to stop.

td0tsfinest
08-12-2010, 08:26 PM
So I guess the days of "Listen Kenny....Lebron James...Lebron James is the best baksetball player in the world"
are over.
At least Manu hasn't said anything bad about chuck.

Master Mind
08-12-2010, 08:26 PM
How are they punks?

Right

HoopsDrive
08-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Did you read the rest of my post? Or did you just think it would be a fun idea to repeat almost everything I said after the bolded part?

What you are doing is giving an excuse for LeBron.

"Maybe MJ, Magic, Bird or whomever would not have done it but they're not LBJ."

Shouldn't this be the other way around? LeBron DID do it, so HE is NOT MJ, Magic or Bird.

Who wants to be them anyway? They're only the greatest players to ever play the game...

I wake up every day and say to myself, hmm, hopefully I'll be the 8th hardest worker today, why be the best?

Excuse for him leaving Cleveland when his contract was up? I don't need to make him one because there's no need, he didn't do anything wrong.

And you got that bolded part right, not everyone prioritzes this greatness stuff. He had his sights set on other goals such as going to a team where his chances to win multiple rings are maximized and playing with his pals for the foreseeable future.

slyone_nyc
08-12-2010, 08:31 PM

he definitely had an ego on the court, did you forget about the dancing, laughing and all the antic's? i loved how it all disappeared when they played the celtics, he didnt wear his cocky, and confident swagger on the court that series, he looked intimidated and passive...

GoldenArmor24
08-12-2010, 08:32 PM

When you self proclaimed yourself "King James" You care about being the best. When you jump ship after having the best record 2 years in a row & choke 2 win it, you realize you can't be or just quit trying to be & look for more help, also taken your name out of the hat to be mentioned the greatest away.

As for Barkley, I think he is just extremely dissapointed in Lebron because he has called him the best for awhile now. He thought he could be better then Jordan & Jordan didn't quit after struggling the first part of his career. Like Jordan said "you must fail before you can succeed". Jordan stuck with it, Lebron bunked out. Thats why you can't mention them in the same light.

J4KOP99
08-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Excuse for him leaving Cleveland when his contract was up? I don't need to make him one because there's no need, he didn't do anything wrong.

And you got that bolded part right, not everyone prioritzes this greatness stuff. He had his sights set on other goals such as going to a team where his chances to win multiple rings are maximized and playing with his pals for the foreseeable future.

So will you agree with me that he is taking the easy way out?

Nobody on here is saying that his chances to win multiple rings hasn't been maximized, i think that is quite clear. People just think that, with his talent, he could have gone down as one of the all-time greats, in any sport but instead he chose to team up with some of his "pals" who are none other than Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh. (2 of the best in the game currently)

LakersWinAgain
08-12-2010, 08:35 PM

Well said! - btw anyone catch Lebron's bricks at the OH amusement park?!?!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Videos-LeBron-James-is-not-the-MVP-of-amusement;_ylt=AjGaW_5pOB8TWO8JLDUNzq.8vLYF?urn=nb a-261746

Hilarious!

SouthSideRookie
08-12-2010, 08:35 PM
how is kobe better please tell me. lebron is a better passer, rebounder, he made more threes on a better percentage, made more 15 feet+ shots, better at driving, better at chasing an offensive player down, better dunker, can defend the 4 position.

kobe is better at off the court stuff, he does make teammates better but so did eric snow and avery johnson but at the end of the day are they better than isaiah thomas...didnt think so. so where is your argument that kobe is better tell me? i want to hear this.

Kobe>LEGEND=rings 5 Lebron>2time MVP=rings 0

HoopsDrive
08-12-2010, 08:37 PM
When you self proclaimed yourself "King James" You care about being the best. When you jump ship after having the best record 2 years in a row & choke 2 win it, you realize you can't be or just quit trying to be & look for more help, also taken your name out of the hat to be mentioned the greatest away.

As for Barkley, I think he is just extremely dissapointed in Lebron because he has called him the best for awhile now. He thought he could be better then Jordan & Jordan didn't quit after struggling the first part of his career. Like Jordan said "you must fail before you can succeed". Jordan stuck with it, Lebron bunked out. Thats why you can't mention them in the same light.

Sure, everybody cares about being the best at what they do for a living. But does he care enough to have thought better about not leaving Cleveland and hurting his chances at becoming the greatest? Maybe he doesn't, you know, give all that much importance to trying to have his name atop the all-time NBA players ranking. It's clear he prioritized 2 other things:

1) Maximized chances at winning multiple rings.
2) Playing with his pals in the NBA, something that is not always possible when your pals are also some of the best players in the NBA and command such a huge salary.

Somewhere down his wish list, he must have put 'try and be the greatest of all time' but it's clear he doesn't give as much importance to that as the above 2.

MackSnackWrap
08-12-2010, 08:38 PM

I get ur point its wades team but Lebrons the best player on that team PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!!

Heater4life
Here we go again.... :facepalm:

As ill-advised as the decision was, it generated over 2 MILLION dollars for charity. 2 million to kids who dont have squat and it all came from a free agent signing a contract? Listen as bad as it was for Cleveland fans, no one else should be complaining on their behalf. The cause was there and young boys and girls benefited from an oppurtunity that wouldnt arise from any other free agent. The only PUNK is Charles, ****ing hypocrit, spent his whole career with his ego sky high and now wants to talk about morality. Please!

teckmunny
**** queen james! Everybody needs to get off his nutsack! He hadnt done **** so he went went to an all star team practically cause he couldnt win it on his own! And barkley is right about the dancing thing to! He always has to be dancing around like he is a daam clown!****ing young punk needs to recognize he hasnt done ****!

LakersWinAgain
08-12-2010, 08:40 PM
lmao i see a whole bunch of haters. everyone is saying that he should have stayed. for what? so a million people could bash him for being great and not winning a ring. if he stayed he wouldnt have one its that simple. nobody wanted to play for cleveland. who cares how mad barkley is? if i was lebron this would mean as much to me as the hair on his ***. barkley was ring chasing too! he played with two of the top 50 players of all time. we bash people for being selfish now adays and this is the most selfless thing anyone has ever done in the league and they still get bashed. and in reality jordan didnt play for one team his whole career now did he? so this faithful mumbo jumbo is bs. you dont even know how this team plays yet and haters are judging. i mean for all we know lebron could have one of the best seasons the nba has ever seen and average a triple double (like the big o) or he could flop but he has shown since he has laced his shoes up for his first nba game against sacremento that he is capable of being "the man". imo people hate great. when kobe was the best player in the league people hated him. before that it was a.i. before that it was shaq. just leave these 3 alone til tipoff the ball dont lie so just see where it bounces before you judge. because last time i checked how many rings exactly does barkley have? oh yea 0 :facepalm:

Barkley has as many rings as Lebron has.

MackSnackWrap
Sure, everybody cares about being the best at what they do for a living. But does he care enough to have thought better about not leaving Cleveland and hurting his chances at becoming the greatest? Maybe he doesn't, you know, give all that much importance to trying to have his name atop the all-time NBA players ranking. It's clear he prioritized 2 other things:

2) Playing with his pals in the NBA, something that is not always possible when your pals are also some of the best players in the NBA and command such a huge salary.

Somewhere down his wish list, he must have put 'try and be the greatest of all time' but it's clear he doesn't give as much importance to that as the above 2.

THis is so true. he doesnt care about being the man anymore. he went to wades team and took way less salary,ruined his leagacy all for having a chance to win a ring. Lebron is still the best player on miami but its wades TEAM!

Steelers23_06
everyone is making it seem like these guys are just the greatest that came together and decided to play on the sole purpose of winning. that is a huge reason but i bet the biggest part that factered into this was the fact that these three are friends. everytime they goto the other ones city they would hang out. in the offseason they would chill with each other. i have a best friend and every chance we have ever had to work together we would. we've had like 7 jobs together. who wouldnt want to work with their best friend it makes it easier and funner to goto work so you think this doesnt apply with the nba. these guys are friends that see each other at every big event that has to do with the nba so you think they didnt say hey this would be soooo much fun to play with each other. i would do the same exact thing and if any person says that they wouldnt play with 2 of their best friends really doesnt value friendship and laughter and just having a good time. i guarantee if lebron didnt do this he would regret it for the rest of his life. i know if i turned down the chance to play with 2 of my friend that happened to be 2 of the top ten scorers of the league i would regret that everyday i had to put on a cavs jersey.

HoopsDrive
So will you agree with me that he is taking the easy way out?

Nobody on here is saying that his chances to win multiple rings hasn't been maximized, i think that is quite clear. People just think that, with his talent, he could have gone down as one of the all-time greats, in any sport but instead he chose to team up with some of his "pals" who are none other than Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh. (2 of the best in the game currently)

Yes, I'll agree with you on everything there.

D Roses Bulls
08-12-2010, 08:41 PM
He came off an MVP season and he REQUESTED the trade to either the Knicks or the Lakers. He then won another MVP with the Lakers which proves to you the he was still a great player in his prime.

and jordan won mvp past his prime. yes jordan was still the best player in the NBA at the time, but still was not the same jordan he was in 93. I didn't say he wasn't good, but he was a lot better IMO and in his prime with the bucks. wasnt trying to take anything from him, but his and lebrons circumstances were different. the bucks could of said no to the trade but they didnt.

GoldenArmor24
08-12-2010, 08:42 PM

I don't have a problem with his choice if he's happy great for him, but that is what seperates him from the greats, MJ,Magic,Bird, Hakeem,Kobe,Wade & so on.

HoopsDrive
08-12-2010, 08:45 PM
I don't have a problem with his choice if he's happy great for him, but that is what seperates him from the greats, MJ,Magic,Bird, Hakeem,Kobe,Wade & so on.

Fair enough there.

GoldenArmor24
08-12-2010, 08:49 PM
everyone is making it seem like these guys are just the greatest that came together and decided to play on the sole purpose of winning. that is a huge reason but i bet the biggest part that factered into this was the fact that these three are friends. everytime they goto the other ones city they would hang out. in the offseason they would chill with each other. i have a best friend and every chance we have ever had to work together we would. we've had like 7 jobs together. who wouldnt want to work with their best friend it makes it easier and funner to goto work so you think this doesnt apply with the nba. these guys are friends that see each other at every big event that has to do with the nba so you think they didnt say hey this would be soooo much fun to play with each other. i would do the same exact thing and if any person says that they wouldnt play with 2 of their best friends really doesnt value friendship and laughter and just having a good time. i guarantee if lebron didnt do this he would regret it for the rest of his life. i know if i turned down the chance to play with 2 of my friend that happened to be 2 of the top ten scorers of the league i would regret that everyday i had to put on a cavs jersey.

I think it's a change of times as well. I agree with you it def was a big factor, but Michael & Barkley are really close friends they never joined forces. They're old school. It's the begining of the new era I believe. Like the rumors of Amare,Carmelo & Paul teaming up in NY. Other then the officiating this is why the NBA will never be as great as it was in the 80's & 90's imo.

LakersWinAgain

Now you're just lobbing softballs. How is Kobe better than Lebron?

1. Kobe was the main option on a title-winning team. Lebron has zero titles and zero wins in a title game.
2. Kobe made the playoffs with a guy named Smush as his backcourt mate.
3. Kobe DOESN'T dance around on the court snapping phony pictures during a game nor act like a clown. KOBE is focused!
4. Kobe motivates his teammates to be better, work harder, and play more intelligently than without him (ask his fellow TEAM USA teammates - Lebron, Bosh, Wade included).
5. Kobe DOESN'T quit. Lebron quits on his team.

Unfortunately Heat fans are blinded by pure statistics and are impervious to to the intangibles.

LayZbone
"I thought that his little one-hour special was a punk move.
Understandable. I agree. Bad advice from Lebron's ******** people.

I thought them dancing around on the stage was a punk move
The show for the fans? lol Stop hating Chuck. That was just the Heat trying to get the fans excited about Heat basketball. This is the biggest free agent hall of all time!!! And it has the potential to be one of the greatest teams ever. Is that not something to celebrate about? The season doesn't start for a while. This "show" was just something to get the fans excited and the city talking. Have you seen how fast season tickets sold out?

and I thought he should've stayed in Cleveland.
Uh-huh, with Dan Gilbert and that pathetic front office and pathetic city. He stayed for 7 years....and his play has put him in the company of guys like Jordan, Magic, Oscar Robertson, Bird (statistically, and in terms of breaking all sorts of records).....this isn't an opinion. There is hard evidence to support that lebron is one of the greatest basketball talents of all time. Cleveland failed to surround him with anything remotely resembling another all-star (don't you dare say Mo Williams, or the dinosaur Shaq). Everyone of the all-time greats (Jordan, Bird, Magic, Parish, etc) that are criticizing Lebron had hall-of-fame level help to win titles.

Him joining Dwyane Wade's team was very disappointing to me."
I can understand this point of view as well. I'm not gonna hate. But this IS the best position for him to win multiple championships.....something he's always wanted, but now has to get to a late start thanks to Cleveland. It may be Wade's team now, but Lebron is the best player in the world. Wade will be his sidekick as he gets older and loses some of his explosiveness. We'll see what people say once Lebron starts throwing up triple-doubles in the playoffs and grabbing Finals-MVP trophies. This could and probably will be the best duo of all time.....uh, trio.....sorry Bosh.

For those saying that this will hurt Lebron's case to be the best, you make very compelling arguments. You're probably right. But there are too many variables to consider before I submit to that conclusion. We haven't even seen this team play yet. What if Lebron puts together a string of amazing championship runs, hitting game-winners, posting up historic stats and dominating the playoffs the way nobody has ever seen? We just don't know. What if towards the end of their contracts, Wade is closer to the level that Paul Pierce/Manu Ginobili are now (past his prime, putting up 19/5/5) and Lebron is still the best player in the NBA....leading the Heat to more titles?

This is a very unpopular decision for Lebron right now. I'm just not convinced that the haters will still feel the same when this is all over. My guess, right now, is that Lebron will end up being one of the top 10 greatest players ever after he retires.

Bishnoff
08-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Chuck's got this one right.

Heater4life
08-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Chuck's got this one right.

Chuck is a walking contradiction... just like most of guys. Their punks, yet EVERYONE in here wanted these guys!!!! EVERYONE!!!

:violin:

Steelers23_06
08-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Kobe>LEGEND=rings 5 Lebron>2time MVP=rings 0

career wise yes ill give it to kobe all day he has had the more glamorous career i wont say lebron is better but to say today, this second i have to say lebron and until someone gives me proof as to why im not agreeing. imo since lebron won his mvp he has been better but before that when kobe was dropping the ridiculous 81 points and 60+ i would say him. but times change.

marlinsfan24
08-12-2010, 08:58 PM
If Barkley ever said a positive thing about the Miami Heat in his lifetime, I'd give the guy some credibility, but everything he ever says is anti-Heat, so I throw anything he says right out the window.

king4day
08-12-2010, 08:59 PM

I disagree. The hate isn't towards his talent. Everyone knows he's the best behind Kobe.
The hate is towards his ego and the ESPN special. I don't get why some people are having such a hard time comprehending this...including Lebron.

marlinsfan24
08-12-2010, 09:00 PM
I disagree. The hate isn't towards his talent. Everyone knows he's the best behind Kobe.
The hate is towards his ego and the ESPN special.

I hated and still to an extent hate Lebron James, but he put aside his ego to go to Miami and play for Wade's team.

m26555
So you seriously believe that Shaq didn't open Wade up A LOT during the playoffs? Give me a break. Saying he had "little effect if any" is absolutely asinine.

GoldenArmor24
career wise yes ill give it to kobe all day he has had the more glamorous career i wont say lebron is better but to say today, this second i have to say lebron and until someone gives me proof as to why im not agreeing. imo since lebron won his mvp he has been better but before that when kobe was dropping the ridiculous 81 points and 60+ i would say him. but times change.

I don't think it's a wrong answer if you call Lebron the best or Kobe the best but I will take Kobe in the playoffs everytime.

thecure
I love this guy.

Nobody says like Sir Charles.

Right or Wrong.

marlinsfan24
08-12-2010, 09:02 PM
So you seriously believe that Shaq didn't open Wade up A LOT during the playoffs? Give me a break...Saying he had "little effect if any" is absolutely asinine.

No doubt Shaq opened a lot up for Wade, but their were also key stretches when Shaq fouled out of a game and Wade was on the court without him. Shaq helped Wade a lot, but Wade willed that team to the championship. Jordan-esque really.

dodie53
08-12-2010, 09:02 PM
sugar rush chuck?

Super.
08-12-2010, 09:05 PM
The hate is towards his ego and the ESPN special. I don't get why some people are having such a hard time comprehending this...including Lebron.

This This This This This This This

BrotherRedz
08-12-2010, 09:06 PM
First signs of Old School never respects New School

Was in 2004 Olympics, the Reason why TEAM USA LOST, dont you ever forget, was Larry Brown for decreasing playing time of these new kids, of the sole purpose of "PUNISHING THEM".

Old generation personalities gonna hate. Remember that. They are afraid of their legacies which might be forgotten especially with the awesomeness of Miami Trio hype has created

oak2455
08-12-2010, 09:08 PM

what was he like 50(33) not in the prime of his career and a meltdown in the playoffs lil different....:speechless:

Heater4life
08-12-2010, 09:10 PM

Because its not a big deal!!!!! the only people who should be hurt is cleveland, everyone else is a hypocrit who would have smiles if he chosse their team. In addtion, the man raised 2 million for needing kids over a decision??? yet, our society is too selfish and self-absorbed to think beyond sports and whine over their disappointment. You guys act as if his act was an abamination, he left town on national tv. BIG DEAL! its wasnt well thought out but nothing worth relegating the man as classless.

Lakerfan8032
08-12-2010, 09:11 PM

Barkley was traded to both Phoenix and Houston and Pippen came to the Rockets when Chuck was already there. LeBron was free to go wherever he wanted and chose Miami. He was not traded there or drafted there. I don't have a problem with him going to Miami but how he did it was definitely a punk move as was all the dancing but maybe I'm just out of touch with what is hip and how free-agency is normally conducted.

Basically, your point is pointless. If someone already pointed that out than I apologize for being redundant.

fadedmario
08-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Lebron is a *****. Good for Chuck

Heater4life
08-12-2010, 09:14 PM
what was he like 50(33) not in the prime of his career and a meltdown in the playoffs lil different....:speechless:

Yea....he retired as a nobody that didnt win anything when Barkley dies 50 years from now whos going to remember his stat sheet?

Solid move! Lets wait till were out of gas to make something out our careers. KG said it best, dont do something tommorow when you can get it done today, loyalty only goes as far as your talents take you, when their gone (talents) so is the loyalty.

You guys dont like it? tough. It was a smart move regardless of your opinions. (it wouldve been smart for him to go to chicago as well, even new york; they were all in better positions than cleveland)

madvillian9
08-12-2010, 09:15 PM

we all know that the rockets would not have won those years if "you know who's" father wasnt killed. they should put an * by those years. should have been an 8 peat

Big Zo
Chuck never won ****, so maybe he should have joined two other superstars.

tredigs
Understandable. I agree. Bad advice from Lebron's ******** people.

The show for the fans? lol Stop hating Chuck. That was just the Heat trying to get the fans excited about Heat basketball. This is the biggest free agent hall of all time!!! And it has the potential to be one of the greatest teams ever. Is that not something to celebrate about? The season doesn't start for a while. This "show" was just something to get the fans excited and the city talking. Have you seen how fast season tickets sold out?

Uh-huh, with Dan Gilbert and that pathetic front office and pathetic city. He stayed for 7 years....and his play has put him in the company of guys like Jordan, Magic, Oscar Robertson, Bird (statistically, and in terms of breaking all sorts of records).....this isn't an opinion. There is hard evidence to support that lebron is one of the greatest basketball talents of all time. Cleveland failed to surround him with anything remotely resembling another all-star (don't you dare say Mo Williams, or the dinosaur Shaq). Everyone of the all-time greats (Jordan, Bird, Magic, Parish, etc) that are criticizing Lebron had hall-of-fame level help to win titles.

I can understand this point of view as well. I'm not gonna hate. But this IS the best position for him to win multiple championships.....something he's always wanted, but now has to get to a late start thanks to Cleveland. It may be Wade's team now, but Lebron is the best player in the world. Wade will be his sidekick as he gets older and loses some of his explosiveness. We'll see what people say once Lebron starts throwing up triple-doubles in the playoffs and grabbing Finals-MVP trophies. This could and probably will be the best duo of all time.....uh, trio.....sorry Bosh.

For those saying that this will hurt Lebron's case to be the best, you make very compelling arguments. You're probably right. But there are too many variables to consider before I submit to that conclusion. We haven't even seen this team play yet. What if Lebron puts together a string of amazing championship runs, hitting game-winners, posting up historic stats and dominating the playoffs the way nobody has ever seen? We just don't know. What if towards the end of their contracts, Wade is closer to the level that Paul Pierce/Manu Ginobili are now (past his prime, putting up 19/5/5) and Lebron is still the best player in the NBA....leading the Heat to more titles?

This is a very unpopular decision for Lebron right now. I'm just not convinced that the haters will still feel the same when this is all over. My guess, right now, is that Lebron will end up being one of the top 10 greatest players ever after he retires.

Solid, unbiased post. And I think the last sentence would require a career ending surgery for it not to become fact. He is well on his way - as much as Lakers fans or other haters alike want to jump at the chance to question his "heart", etc. the fact of the matter is that he's one of the most clutch (in fact THE MOST CLUTCH <- fact. Not opinion) player in the league and consistently puts up some of the best playoff numbers of all time - only MJ is in his realm from a wing position when it comes to the number of consistently brilliant games he's come up with in the post-season.

Both of these guys caught hell for coming short of championships with mediocre to piss poor supporting casts - well, now they've joined forces - and it's not going to be pretty for the rest of the league. Do I wish he went to the Bulls? Sure, but at this point I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show. Kobe had better hope Pau and Bynum come up huge (if they can even get past the Thunder), that's all I'm going to say.

edit: As for Chuck - this might be a bit of bitterness being that he went down as a perennial loser. Great player, but that probably does haunt him. He never had a top 10 player in the league along his side like Jordan did, and I'm thinking it's a mix of jealousy/resentment. I can respect that opinion.

Steelers23_06
08-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Now you're just lobbing softballs. How is Kobe better than Lebron?

1. Kobe was the main option on a title-winning team. Lebron has zero titles and zero wins in a title game.
2. Kobe made the playoffs with a guy named Smush as his backcourt mate.
3. Kobe DOESN'T dance around on the court snapping phony pictures during a game nor act like a clown. KOBE is focused!
4. Kobe motivates his teammates to be better, work harder, and play more intelligently than without him (ask his fellow TEAM USA teammates - Lebron, Bosh, Wade included).
5. Kobe DOESN'T quit. Lebron quits on his team.

Unfortunately Heat fans are blinded by pure statistics and are impervious to to the intangibles.

im gonna contradict everything you just said.
1. lebron carried a team to a championship by himself kobe hasnt. its not his fault that he hasnt a had a team like kobe.
2. oh yeah boobie and gooden are great:eyebrow:
3. so having a good time is bad. that made magic johnson a bad player because he liked having fun.
4. http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/015/438tftqe.asp lebron was the leader so how do you sound? lebron can lead he led the horrible cavs to the best record 2 straight seasons but better teams beat the better player come playoffs. its a 7 game series the better team always triumphs.
5. when did lebron quit? are you talking about the last game of the celtics series? 27 points, 19 rebounds, and 10 assists. your right proof of a quitter. lol this guy

no valid points. give me a valid point.

jiggin
08-12-2010, 09:16 PM
good ol' charles, always telling it like it is no matter if its politically correct or not.

This isn't breaking news, anyone outside of Miami or florida already knows his actions are all about him, his ego ect...

Barkley just spelled it out and wanted to make sure LBJ nows how he feels too. Since LBJ could give a rats *** about anyone but himself...it shouldn't bother him too much.

BrotherRedz
08-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Barkley was traded to both Phoenix and Houston and Pippen came to the Rockets when Chuck was already there. LeBron was free to go wherever he wanted and chose Miami. He was not traded there or drafted there. I don't have a problem with him going to Miami but how he did it was definitely a punk move as was all the dancing but maybe I'm just out of touch with what is hip and how free-agency is normally conducted.

Basically, your point is pointless. If someone already pointed that out than I apologize for being redundant.

UMMM NO SANE NBA PLAYER WANTS TO BE PART OF CLEVELAND ANYWAY

See their unlucky history :rolleyes:

And people who leave Cleveland for the greater pasture gained success

SEE RON HARPER, Epic Success ( Bulls - Lakers )

From other Cleveland Sports

Cleveland also had Bill Bellichik. He got fired by the Browns, then went on to win three Super Bowls with the Pats. Manny Ramirez wasn't resigned by the Indians, but did get picked up by Boston, where he led the Sox to their World Series win.

People have this notion

And any time you feel like whining about your team' misfortune, just remember that it could always be worse: you could be from Cleveland. :p

madvillian9
08-12-2010, 09:20 PM
bottom line is that its a cop out. youre biased if you cant see it that way or just plain ********. someone made this analogy before on here before. its like lebron was playing contra and couldnt beat it, so he entered in the code(went to miami-up up down down left right left right b a select start.)

madvillian9
08-12-2010, 09:21 PM
1. lebron carried a team to a title by himself kobe hasnt. its not his fault that he hasnt a had a team like kobe.
3. so having a good time is bad. that made magic johnson a bad player because he liked having fun.
4. http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/015/438tftqe.asp lebron was the leader so how do you sound? lebron can lead he led the horrible cavs to the best record 2 straight seasons but better teams beat the better player come playoffs. its a 7 game series the better team always triumphs.
5. when did lebron quit? are you talking about the last game of the celtics series? 27 points, 19 rebounds, and 10 assists. your right proof of a quitter. lol this guy

im not gonna even mess with this one. someone else can

Heater4life
08-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Solid, unbiased post. And I think the last sentence would require a career ending surgery for it not to become fact. He is well on his way - as much as Lakers fans or other haters alike want to jump at the chance to question his "heart", etc. the fact of the matter is that he's one of the most clutch (in fact THE MOST CLUTCH <- fact. Not opinion) player in the league and consistently puts up some of the best playoff numbers of all time - only MJ is in his realm from a wing position when it comes to the number of consistently brilliant games he's come up with in the post-season.

Both of these guys caught hell for coming short of championships with mediocre to piss poor supporting casts - well, now they've joined forces - and it's not going to be pretty for the rest of the league. Do I wish he went to the Bulls? Sure, but at this point I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show. Kobe had better hope Pau and Bynum come up huge (if they can even get past the Thunder), that's all I'm going to say.

edit: As for Chuck - this might be a bit of bitterness being that he went down as a perennial loser. Great player, but that probably does haunt him. He never had a top 10 player in the league along his side like Jordan did, and I'm thinking it's a mix of jealousy/resentment. I can respect that opinion.

Damn not only is that love from a Bulls fan, but its a reasonable fan who isnt hating and just wants his team to compete. Look foward to seeing Heat v Bulls.

jiggin
08-12-2010, 09:23 PM
so funny how heat fans defend him...wonder if they would be defending him had he gone to another team.

See...thats how you can tell if your a homer or not. Would you be backing his actions if he played for another team? Seriously?

effen5
08-12-2010, 09:24 PM
1. lebron carried a team to a title by himself kobe hasnt. its not his fault that he hasnt a had a team like kobe.

Okay, Lebron is good, damn good, but he can not win 60+ games by himself...so to say he had a ****** team is ****in ********...

Thats like say the Dallas Mavs have a ****** team but they win 60+ games every year....we all know thats not true, we all know Dirk has a ton of help.

You guys are underrating the Cavs team imo. No one can win 60+ games in a season on their own.

BrotherRedz
08-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Okay, Lebron is good, damn good, but he can not win 60+ games by himself...so to say he had a ****** team is ****in ********...

Thats like say the Dallas Mavs have a ****** team but they win 60+ games every year....we all know thats not true, we all know Dirk has a ton of help.

You guys are underrating the Cavs team imo. No one can win 60+ games in a season on their own.

LoL Take out LeBron they might not even make it to the playoff
See how many times LeBron needs to bail them out, on his own, or even win at least 35

Seriously WHO IS THE 2nd Best player? (Varejao) 3rd Best? (Delonte West)

I'm Sad about Dallas though, they really have a problem somewhere "Marion" for me.

Nikeman
08-12-2010, 09:28 PM

This post gives me the impression that you are a bandwagon Heat fan bro..

The Heat are and will be WADE's team no matter what.. LBJ may put up better stats and win the awards, but to true Heat fans, this is and will be Wade's team!

effen5
08-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Because its not a big deal!!!!! the only people who should be hurt is cleveland, everyone else is a hypocrit who would have smiles if he chosse their team. In addtion, the man raised 2 million for needing kids over a decision??? yet, our society is too selfish and self-absorbed to think beyond sports and whine over their disappointment. You guys act as if his act was an abamination, he left town on national tv. BIG DEAL! its wasnt well thought out but nothing worth relegating the man as classless.

You know what would be more impressive? If he raised 2mil without a camera and nobody knew that he raised 2 mil for kids. Instead of attention whoring then saying Hey I raised 2 mil for kids so don't worry it evens out!

king4day

There's other ways to do it. For example. Don't lead teams on to think u'll sign with them. Tell all the teams in advance and then do a special about the experience of free agency. The sponsors were gonna pay no matter what. They didn't know how many people would watch. I most certainly woulda watched the whole free agency experience special. I liked Lebron and defended the hell out of him against the Kobe lovers over the years. But as a person, he struck out.

BrotherRedz

The Heat are and will be WADE's team no matter what.. LBJ may put up better stats and win the awards, but to true Heat fans, this is and will be Wade's team!

Wade is just the franchise player, but not the best player

"SEE BOSTON CELTICS REALITY"

Wade fans will slowly swallow this truth

GoldenArmor24
08-12-2010, 09:30 PM
UMMM NO SANE NBA PLAYER WANTS TO BE PART OF CLEVELAND ANYWAY

See their unlucky history :rolleyes:

And people who leave Cleveland for the greater pasture gained success

SEE RON HARPER, Epic Success ( Bulls - Lakers )

From other Cleveland Sports

Cleveland also had Bill Bellichik. He got fired by the Browns, then went on to win three Super Bowls with the Pats. Manny Ramirez wasn't resigned by the Indians, but did get picked up by Boston, where he led the Sox to their World Series win.

People have this notion

And any time you feel like whining about your team' misfortune, just remember that it could always be worse: you could be from Cleveland. :p

Thats why if he had won only 1 in Cleveland (I honestly think he could have won 1 plus if he didn't give up so easy) it would mean ALOT more then if he wins 7 or 8 combined in Miami he claims they will win.

hugepatsfan
08-12-2010, 09:31 PM

Exactly. The leader is not always the best player. That's why Lebron **** on his legacy with this move. Going to a team where he is not the face of the franchise kills him.

People need to get over it though. Lebron could have been one of the best to ever play the game, mentioned w/ the Magics and the MJs. But e chose not to. If he's not up to the challenge, he doesn't owe it to us to go for it.

effen5
08-12-2010, 09:31 PM
LoL Take out LeBron they might not even make it to the playoff
See how many times LeBron needs to bail them out, on his own, or even win at least 35

Seriously WHO IS THE 2nd Best player? (Varejao) 3rd Best? (Delonte West)

I'm Sad about Dallas though, they really have a problem somewhere "Marion" for me.

And lets take out Mj from the Chicago Bulls, hell lets take out their two best players MJ and Pippen off the Bulls who do you have left from that 72-10 roster?

Rodman
Kukoc
kerr
Longley
Buchelor
Jason Caffey
Ron Harper

Could that team make it to the playoffs?

tredigs
08-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Damn not only is that love from a Bulls fan, but its a reasonable fan who isnt hating and just wants his team to compete. Look foward to seeing Heat v Bulls.

Warriors fan, actually - I just wanted LBJ to go to the Bulls out of all the possible teams. But I'm looking forward to see Heat-Bulls too, actually. Joakim Noah + Boozer are going to give the Heat some hell down low - it will make the games interesting. Though Deng will be abused by Lbj, and D. Rose can't quite handle Wade if that's how they decide to match it up.

effen5
08-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Exactly. The leader is not always the best player. That's why Lebron **** on his legacy with this move. Going to a team where he is not the face of the franchise kills him.

People need to get over it though. Lebron could have been one of the best to ever play the game, mentioned w/ the Magics and the MJs. But e chose not to. If he's not up to the challenge, he doesn't owe it to us to go for it.

x2

No more of this King James ********
No more of this Chosen One ********

Your not that kind of guy LBJ

Its fine you want to win titles but you will never be the best so take your ego down about 20 notches.

LayZbone
08-12-2010, 09:34 PM
so funny how heat fans defend him...wonder if they would be defending him had he gone to another team.

See...thats how you can tell if your a homer or not. Would you be backing his actions if he played for another team? Seriously?

I'd say that "the decision" was a terrible move, which I'm saying now. I'm also open to the idea that this could hurt his legacy in some ways, depending on how things play out. However, I would still support his decision to leave Cleveland, and say that there was nothing wrong with the "three kings" show that the Heat threw for the fans. I already broke it down in my previous post. I'm not just blindly defending Lebron, I met Chuck half-way.

Flip it around. How many Bulls/Knicks fans would be defending him if they landed all 3 targets? Thats just the way the world works man. Every single loyal fan of 1 team is a homer to some extent. The trick is to be intelligent, and back up your claims, rather than just say "Lebron is the GOAT"- Heat fan or "LeQueen!!!"- Bulls fan.

oak2455
08-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Yea....he retired as a nobody that didnt win anything when Barkley dies 50 years from now whos going to remember his stat sheet?

Solid move! Lets wait till were out of gas to make something out our careers. KG said it best, dont do something tommorow when you can get it done today, loyalty only goes as far as your talents take you, when their gone (talents) so is the loyalty.

You guys dont like it? tough. It was a smart move regardless of your opinions. (it wouldve been smart for him to go to chicago as well, even new york; they were all in better positions than cleveland)

You must have just started watching the NBA... because Charles was a Beast and top 50 player guess that means nothing.......

hugepatsfan
08-12-2010, 09:36 PM
x2

Its fine you want to win titles but you will never be the best so take your ego down about 20 notches.

Finally, someone that sees this like I do. Lebron marketed himself as the "Next One." But the first chance he got, he ran away from all of that. That's why this move makes him a coward and a quitter in my eyes. It's not that he joined Wade/Bosh in MIA - that just means he cares about winning. But if you market yourslef as the next MJ and then give up that chase at the first chance you get, you quit on the legacy you tried to build.

BrotherRedz
08-12-2010, 09:36 PM
And lets take out Mj from the Chicago Bulls, hell lets take out their two best players MJ and Pippen off the Bulls who do you have left from that 72-10 roster?

Rodman
Kukoc
kerr
Longley
Buchelor
Jason Caffey
Ron Harper

It seems your point is that Team Bulls has a much talented team than Cavs, since you need to take out 2 players

oak2455
08-12-2010, 09:38 PM

Rodman
Kukoc
kerr
Longley
Buchelor
Jason Caffey
Ron Harper

why even entertain these Heat fans I'm a Knicks fan who knows and seen MJ and company live in person and nobody could hold MJ's jock or that Bulls teams from that 72-10 season.....not even close dont even go there:)

BrotherRedz
08-12-2010, 09:38 PM
You must have just started watching the NBA... because Charles was a Beast and top 50 player guess that means nothing.......

Karl Malone is better than him, but most people already forgotten about Karl Malone and even John Stockton

It's just about a matter of time, if people dont see his face on TV, he'd be forgotten

0 rings = Who the heck are you?

effen5
08-12-2010, 09:40 PM
I'd say that "the decision" was a terrible move, which I'm saying now. I'm also open to the idea that this could hurt his legacy in some ways, depending on how things play out. However, I would still support his decision to leave Cleveland, and say that there was nothing wrong with the "three kings" show that the Heat threw for the fans. I already broke it down in my previous post. I'm not just blindly defending Lebron, I met Chuck half-way.

Flip it around. How many Bulls/Knicks fans would be defending him if they landed all 3 targets? Thats just the way the world works man. Every single loyal fan of 1 team is a homer to some extent. The trick is to be intelligent, and back up your claims, rather than just say "Lebron is the GOAT"- Heat fan or "LeQueen!!!"- Bulls fan.

Difference is at least LBJ would have been the MAN on the Bulls or Knicks...obviously if Wade didn't decide to join...

I think the problem is that LBJ made himself look like he is the King of Basketball but then completely shitted on himself after joining Wade, sure its a good move but its not a good move after he calls himself the chosen one or King James...

effen5
08-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Karl Malone is better than him, but most people already forgotten about Karl Malone and even John Stockton

It's just about a matter of time, if people dont see his face on TV, he'd be forgotten

Umm nobodys forgotten the Mailman or the HOF Stockton...

Its more like

New Generation = Screw the old timers its all about LBJ CP3 DWade

They don't give a **** about players of the 80s and 90s

Myself watching basketball in the 90s, I have tremendous respect for a player like Stockton and Malone

hugepatsfan
08-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Difference is at least LBJ would have been the MAN on the Bulls or Knicks...obviously if Wade didn't decide to join...

I think the problem is that LBJ made himself look like he is the King of Basketball but then completely shitted on himself after joining Wade, sure its a good move but its not a good move after he calls himself the chosen one or King James...

You = Genius

oak2455
08-12-2010, 09:43 PM

sorry dont have that short of a memory guess you might....well sorry I remember a lot sorry :D

effen5
08-12-2010, 09:43 PM
It seems your point is that Team Bulls has a much talented team than Cavs, since you need to take out 2 players

:sigh:

You just don't get it. You need solid ROLE players to win 60+ games

The Bulls had that
The Mavs had that
The Cavs had that

To say the Cavs had a ****** team because you can't name one other all star after LBJ is a ****** excuse.

Hiphopopotamus
08-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Effen is dropping truth bombs today! Love it!

effen5
08-12-2010, 09:45 PM
You = Genius

Heat fans don't understand that

Thats the biggest knock on LBJ

He better not call himself King James
He better not call himself the Chosen One

and if he wins a title as another "Role Player" if you can call him that, than great, you won a title but you will never be in the same class as MJ or even KB for that matter.

slyone_nyc
08-12-2010, 09:45 PM
why even entertain these Heat fans I'm a Knicks fan who knows and seen MJ and company live in person and nobody could hold MJ's jock or that Bulls teams from that 72-10 season.....not even close dont even go there:)

no team could run with them that year, but im proud to say my knicks whopped them by 32 to give them 1 of there 10 losses.

effen5
08-12-2010, 09:47 PM
BTW, imo, LBJ winning a title will be like Arods 600 HR, no one will give a ****.

hugepatsfan
08-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Heat fans don't understand that

Thats the biggest knock on LBJ the rest of the board has on LBJ.

He better not call himself King James
He better not call himself the Chosen One

and if he wins a title as another "Role Player" if you can call him that, than great, you won a title but you will never be in the same class as MJ or even KB for that matter.

I wouldn't say he's a role player. He is the best player on MIA. But Wade is the leader. Wade is the face of the franchise because of his history. To me, being the greatest player ever is heavily based on intangibles as well as skill. Lebron will never match up to the MJs of the world because he is not the leader of his team, despite being the best player.

rhymeratic
LeBimbo is a punk and pulled a punk sissy move. He's a coward and we all know it. It's just a shame in these times, a lot of kids are raised soft and don't grow up to become MEN/LEADERS.

Lebozo the clown is a follower, he ain't no leader and I pray EVERYDAY that he never even SNIFFS an NBA Finals as a member of the Heat.

effen5
I wouldn't say he's a role player. He is the best player on MIA. But Wade is the leader. Wade is the face of the franchise because of his history. To me, being the greatest player ever is heavily based on intangibles as well as skill. Lebron will never match up to the MJs of the world because he is not the leader of his team, despite being the best player.

Agreed

effen5
08-12-2010, 09:49 PM
LeBimbo is a punk and pulled a punk sissy move. He's a coward and we all know it. It's just a shame in these times, a lot of kids are raised soft and don't grow up to become MEN/LEADERS.

Lebozo the clown is a follower, he ain't no leader and I pray EVERYDAY that he never even SNIFFS an NBA Finals as a member of the Heat.

Why is Duhon always drunk in his pictures?

oak2455
08-12-2010, 09:49 PM
no team could run with them that year, but im proud to say my knicks whopped them by 32 to give them 1 of there 10 losses.

they were lethal what a team we did come close though really close......Charles Smith:mad::mad:

TheWatcher34
08-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Barkley does whatever makes his job secure.

TheWatcher34
08-12-2010, 09:51 PM
^^ and he always has an unique argument. that is why he's cool......

LayZbone
08-12-2010, 09:51 PM

That's where the problem lies, I agree. People are mad about the decision, but they're really bashing Lebron simply because Dwyane Wade is too good of a teammate. Wade's my favorite player of all time, so I love the credit he is getting. We have to see how this plays out. This coming season is going to be nuts, because it's kind of a talent-overload. But that won't last (I keep pointing to Wade's career mileage, even though I hope he never retires). Now, and especially as the years go by, Lebron will be the biggest reason for the Heat's success.

oak2455
08-12-2010, 09:52 PM

Agreed:clap::clap: LMAO

Livefrom21Five
08-12-2010, 09:56 PM
BTW, imo, LBJ winning a title will be like Arods 600 HR, no one will give a ****.

^^ this

Avenged
08-12-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm on the Bulls bandwagon myself.

And I don't know who this Effen guy is but good job. :up:

effen5
08-12-2010, 09:57 PM
That's where the problem lies, I agree. People are mad about the decision, but they're really bashing Lebron simply because Dwyane Wade is too good of a teammate. Wade's my favorite player of all time, so I love the credit he is getting. We have to see how this plays out. This coming season is going to be nuts, because it's kind of a talent-overload. But that won't last (I keep pointing to Wade's career mileage, even though I hope he never retires). Now, and especially as the years go by, Lebron will be the biggest reason for the Heat's success.

Do you think everyone would bash Wade if he joined LBJ in Cleveland?

ldawg
08-12-2010, 09:58 PM
he definitely had an ego on the court, did you forget about the dancing, laughing and all the antic's? i loved how it all disappeared when they played the celtics, he didnt wear his cocky, and confident swagger on the court that series, he looked intimidated and passive... i thought only me notice that, dude was running from the ball...lol

fin_frenzy_84
08-12-2010, 09:59 PM
He is a punk!!!!

BrotherRedz

LoL People will still hate LeBron for recruiting great players. Haters gonna hate anyways.

It's going to be good as a bad guy anyways

effen5
LoL People will still hate LeBron for recruiting great players. Haters gonna hate anyways.

It's going to be good as a bad guy anyways

Read the question...would people bash Wade? Not lbj.

D Roses Bulls
So you seriously believe that Shaq didn't open Wade up A LOT during the playoffs? Give me a break. Saying he had "little effect if any" is absolutely asinine.

go back and watch the tape and then get at me. hell go on youtube, the whole 6 game series is on youtube. prove me wrong and prove your other fellow heat brothers wrong who agreed.

LakersWinAgain
08-12-2010, 10:01 PM
1. lebron carried a team to a championship by himself kobe hasnt. its not his fault that he hasnt a had a team like kobe.

Uh...just so you know....contradiction is a logical incompatibility between two or more propositions.

1. So you're #1 and my #1 don't contradict each other because I said Kobe was the main option on a title winning team and did not say anything about ONLY getting to the finals. Nor did I mention that Kobe carried his team to the finals all by himself...that's just ridiculous.

2. Smush started. I believe Larry Hughes was Lebron's backcourt mate.

3. Difference between having a good time (i.e. smiling) and clowning. If you can't distinguish then you probably have a tough time distinguishing between driving with 1 beer in your system and driving with 20 beers in your system.

4. I'm talking about the Celtic series period. Further proof that statistics don't carry the day, but continuity, hard work, and drive win championships.

Lebron's a statistical machine...but so was AI & AI and Lebron have the same number of titles.

LayZbone
08-12-2010, 10:01 PM

As a Heat fan, I'd bash the **** out of Pat Riley for all his empty promises lol. But Wade? I dunno. He already won one in 06. They'd probably blame the Heat as well for not giving him any help these past couple seasons. Thats how I feel about the Cavs. If Wade did "the decision" they'd bash him.

But no, He already proved himself in 2006 so I don't think they'd bash him as hard.

ldawg
08-12-2010, 10:02 PM
D wade proves he know how to win, does Lebron?

Steelers23_06
08-12-2010, 10:02 PM

Rodman
Kukoc
kerr
Longley
Buchelor
Jason Caffey
Ron Harper

do you see what your saying? your saying lets take the 2 top 20 players of all time team off of a roster. and your prob. too young to remember but chicago made the playoffs without jordan. ill make a sig bet to see if the cavs make the playoffs if they do i will put in whatever you want. common you really want to compare the 72-10 bulls to the cavs who were 66-22 which was only 6 games away? you guys really dont understand how good lebron was and how bad the cavs were. you will see my friend you will see

BrotherRedz
08-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Uh...just so you know....contradiction is a logical incompatibility between two or more propositions.

1. So you're #1 and my #1 don't contradict each other because I said Kobe was the main option on a title winning team and did not say anything about ONLY getting to the finals. Nor did I mention that Kobe carried his team to the finals all by himself...that's just ridiculous.

3. Difference between having a good time (i.e. smiling) and clowning. If you can't distinguish then you probably have a tough time distinguishing between driving with 1 beer in your system and driving with 20 beers in your system.

4. I'm talking about the Celtic series period. Further proof that statistics don't carry the day, but continuity, hard work, and drive win championships.

Lebron's a statistical machine...but so was AI & AI and Lebron have the same number of titles.

Same crap, different people, same goals, wanted to steal the star player's spotlight

Ummm when does Lakers or even Jordan era Bulls fans want to start Mike Brown vs Phil Jackson argument :facepalm:

GoldenArmor24
08-12-2010, 10:06 PM
:sigh:

You just don't get it. You need solid ROLE players to win 60+ games

The Bulls had that
The Mavs had that
The Cavs had that

To say the Cavs had a ****** team because you can't name one other all star after LBJ is a ****** excuse.
He might not be able to but I can. Antwain Jameson & Big Z @ one point(who is now on the heat that alot of heat fans are excited about this year)

72-10 All I got to say is I will never forget that team & have boat loads of respect for.. How can you not? lol

Lebrons mentality compared to MJ's & Kobes imo. (Kobe is still 2nd to MJ imo)

MJ:mad:
Kobe::mad:
"King James"::ohno:

LayZbone
08-12-2010, 10:07 PM
As a Heat fan, I'd bash the **** out of Pat Riley for all his empty promises lol. But Wade? I dunno. He already won one in 06. They'd probably blame the Heat as well for not giving him any help these past couple seasons. Thats how I feel about the Cavs. If Wade did "the decision" they'd bash him.

But no, He already proved himself in 2006 so I don't think they'd bash him as hard.

Actually, I think Wade would get bashed for misleading the Heat and the public. Because everyone thought he was going to sign in Miami, and he constantly stated that he wanted to stay here. But in the end, the blame would have to lie with the heat for not getting it done.

mikealike305
08-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Lol this is getting funny

ldawg
08-12-2010, 10:09 PM
I always thought D-wade was the better Player than Lebron at present. Always thought Lebron had the most potential of any player i have seen. But Lebron proves he is a Punk and has no heart who can't lead a team. So he has now been down graded to just another good player get in line that list raps around the building.

effen5
08-12-2010, 10:11 PM
do you see what your saying? your saying lets take the 2 top 20 players of all time team off of a roster. and your prob. too young to remember but chicago made the playoffs without jordan. ill make a sig bet to see if the cavs make the playoffs if they do i will put in whatever you want. common you really want to compare the 72-10 bulls to the cavs who were 66-22 which was only 6 games away? you guys really dont understand how good lebron was and how bad the cavs were. you will see my friend you will see

I do know bulls made the playoffs, and we probably shoulda gone to the ECF if there wasn't a blown call on Pip I believe but I do remember watching that game.

But do you see what I am saying? You still need solid role players to win 60+ games....

BrotherRedz
08-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Read the question...would people bash Wade? Not lbj.

Same people hating at LeBron, doesnt matter, they still wish him to fail :facepalm:

Wade doesnt matter much since he already got a ring argument

GoldenArmor24
08-12-2010, 10:13 PM

I remember no problem & remember Pippen acting like a kid when Phil wanted Toni K to take the last shot.(which he did & won the game) Remember How Pippen sat out final play? Wouldn't happen wit Mike around.

effen5
08-12-2010, 10:15 PM
I remember no problem & remember Pippen acting like a kid when Phil wanted Toni K to take the last shot.(which he did & won the game) Remember How Pippen sat out final play? Wouldn't happen wit Mike around.

lmfao I remember that too. Pip benched himself. Oh good good memories.

Steelers23_06
08-12-2010, 10:15 PM

lmao he doesnt even have a job. so lebron should win a championship with hughes...that just made my day it made me laugh so hard. did you see kobe getting rings with smush NO he didnt even make it out the first round. we've seen players in the nba like a.i. before. tell me anyone that you can even compare to lebrons style of play? and how did he quit? 19 points 19 rebounds and 10 assists how is that a quitter. what more do you want from a player?

Mikeleafs
08-12-2010, 10:16 PM
I thought that his little one-hour special was a punk move. I thought them dancing around on the stage was a punk move, and I thought he should've stayed in Cleveland. Him joining Dwyane Wade's team was very disappointing to me[/B]."

Some wise words by Sir Charles!! :)

effen5
08-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Same people hating at LeBron, doesnt matter, they still wish him to fail :facepalm:

Wade doesnt matter much since he already got a ring argument

Umm no, if LBJ stayed with the Cavs, the only time I would want him to fail is when he played with the Bulls....

I would have tremendous respect for him if he actually won a title for Cleveland.

Steelers23_06
08-12-2010, 10:17 PM

your missing the point they were still contenders without mike can you say the same for the cavs? :eyebrow:

ldawg
08-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Wade and Bosh no problem but Lebron? punk

BrotherRedz
08-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Umm no, if LBJ stayed with the Cavs, the only time I would want him to fail is when he played with the Bulls....

I would have tremendous respect for him if he actually won a title for Cleveland.

Ummmm I'm pertaining to Knicks Bulls Nets fans he teased during free agency, and of course, the warm love of LA fans ;)

BrotherRedz
08-12-2010, 10:26 PM

Obviously a LeBron hater by heart

LOL BOSH NO PROBLEM, since he's the least talented of the 3 anyways

oak2455
08-12-2010, 10:29 PM

yup... fill you in Wade was on the team already and Bosh, hes just a sidekick and LBJ well hes the KING the Chosen one the greatest thing since slice bread....so he ran ran to Miami :D

mikealike305
08-12-2010, 10:29 PM
He needs to shut up and go eat a 5 buck box

GoldenArmor24
08-12-2010, 10:36 PM
your missing the point they were still contenders without mike can you say the same for the cavs? :eyebrow:

Without Mike they wearn't contenders, just a playoff team. The east has gotten better this year but in the bottom end? Even with Cavs in rebuilding mode def still have a chance to make the playoffs. Contender no? Playoffs yes. Sound familiar?

ecorrea
08-12-2010, 10:41 PM

that hate will still be there

Sandman
08-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Without Mike they wearn't contenders, just a playoff team. The east has gotten better this year but in the bottom end? Even with Cavs in rebuilding mode but def still have a chance to make the playoffs. Contender no? Playoffs yes. Sound familiar?

i dont think you can even start to compare antawn jamison to scottie pippen.

BrotherRedz
08-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Without Mike they wearn't contenders, just a playoff team. The east has gotten better this year but in the bottom end? Even with Cavs in rebuilding mode def still have a chance to make the playoffs. Contender no? Playoffs yes. Sound familiar?

1.) HEat
2.) Boston
3.) Bulls
4.) Orlando
5.) Bucks
6.) Hawks
7-8) Bobcats, Pistons, Knicks

I dont see Cavs being ahead of any of these teams, especially with the potent talents these teams gained

Please be realistic enough LOL, stop lying to yourself

Sandman
08-12-2010, 10:46 PM
that hate will still be there
quit hating on the hate.

he lost a crapload of brownie points with the move he pulled.

people are going to express their distaste.

people are going to wish him to fail.

he's a man, he can take it. and he deserves it. and it sounds like he's ready to let it fuel the fire.

BrotherRedz
08-12-2010, 10:48 PM
quit hating on the hate.

he lost a crapload of brownie points with the move he pulled.

people are going to express their distaste.

people are going to wish him to fail.

he's a man, he can take it. and he deserves it. and it sounds like he's ready to let it fuel the fire.

LOL Hating everyday is bad for the health :p

Sandman
08-12-2010, 10:48 PM
1.) HEat
2.) Boston
3.) Bulls
4.) Orlando
5.) Bucks
6.) Hawks

I dont see Cavs being ahead of any of these teams

Please be realistic enough LOL

yeah they won 55 and 47 without mike. i dont see the cavs coming close to that.

AND... its not like Mike just came back and they went 72-10. They picked up Rodman the same year.

Steelers23_06
08-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Without Mike they wearn't contenders, just a playoff team. The east has gotten better this year but in the bottom end, Even with Cavs in rebuilding mode(they still have 1 allstar caliber player) but def still have a chance to make the playoffs. Contender no? Playoffs yes. Sound familiar?

your saying mo willaims is an all star calibu point guard?:laugh: common the one that he made was because of an injury he didnt even get a vote for top ten point guard aside from me. the seaon that jordan left they won 55 games the season without him they only won 2 more than that so whats your point? have you seen the starting lineup?
mo/parker/moon/hickson/varejao you realy think that compares to them

Sandman
LOL Hating everyday is bad for the health :p

I hate 3 times a day to help keep my bones strong.

dbeastly

Does this have something to do with Wade wasting your team's time so you can't pick up any top tier free agents?

zo649117
08-12-2010, 10:51 PM
wierd. He is to be a Lebrick lover. He would scream at anyone that said that Kobe was better than Lebrick. Well know he might truly be understanding who the real king in the NBA is. Its KB24

Funny you mention "lebrick", I thought he was Lebron or even Le-Bomb. Since you want to be cute, let's be cute. Last year your team were champs, this year by default your new team name is the Los Angeles Fakers: As in pretenders. Act cute all you want, but Kobe is busted with injuries, Bynum is a young man with bad knees ALREADY and will get hurt 14 games into the season. Your bench was a fluke. As soon as your team starts to stink Artest will be running around your locker room naked. AND BTW, you are not the best team in the NBA, WE ARE, and guess what you aren't second either cause the CELTICS ARE WAY BETTER THAN YOU!!

#1 Heat

#2 Boston Diabetics

#3 Los Angeles Fakers

:speechless:

Heater4life
08-12-2010, 10:51 PM
There's other ways to do it. For example. Don't lead teams on to think u'll sign with them. Tell all the teams in advance and then do a special about the experience of free agency. The sponsors were gonna pay no matter what. They didn't know how many people would watch. I most certainly woulda watched the whole free agency experience special. I liked Lebron and defended the hell out of him against the Kobe lovers over the years. But as a person, he struck out.

Every buisness man and for that matter every other free-agent to date keeps there options open and discusses possbilities regardless if they plan to sign a deal or not. So leading on is a stretch IMO, everyone saved money for him, and he gave them an oppurtunity to court him. They dont need a decision on point. As far as letting them know before hand, the only team applicable for that is Cleveland. You dont owe Chicago, New York, nor Jersey a notification, they can find out just as they did when wade said he was coming to Miami. I dont think it was as EGO driven as everyone makes it seem. but thats my opinion.

Wade and Bosh did the same thing yet they didnt garner the criticism, they came out on tv and announced their decision. Lebron is the one with the target on his back because he was the prized possesion.

Jonewok
08-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Let's be real here, in a time in our world where people are living on the streets with no health insurance and money to buy food, the way Lebron acted was down right dirty.

Sandman
08-12-2010, 10:54 PM
Every buisness man and for that matter every other free-agent to date keeps there options open and discusses possbilities regardless if they plan to sign a deal or not. So leading on is a stretch IMO, everyone saved money for him, and he gave them an oppurtunity to court him. They dont need a decision on point. As far as letting them know before hand, the only team applicable for that is Cleveland. You dont owe Chicago, New York, nor Jersey a notification, they can find out just as they did when wade said he was coming to Miami. I dont think it was as EGO driven as everyone makes it seem. but thats my opinion.

^^ what he said

It's in his best interest to lead on as many people as he can. In this form, it's purely business. And a team that thinks they were suckered or anything like that probably arent run very well.

MJ-BULLS
08-12-2010, 10:59 PM
i hate Charles, but the man is saying the truth.

but of course, heat fans believe other wise.

Aapox
08-12-2010, 11:02 PM

Another ignorant post about 90's basketball. I'm only 22 and I don't remember much, but don't talk about things like you know them if you don't. The 1993-1994 Pippen-led Bulls were 1 bad foul call away from being in the NBA finals. I'd consider that a contender.

GoldenArmor24
08-12-2010, 11:02 PM
i dont think you can even start to compare antawn jamison to scottie pippen.

I think if Antawn played with Mike you could, but thats why we can't. I like Pippen the defender more, but who has more 50 pt games between the 2? More Rebounds better 3pt%?

Pippen career stats:1,178gms, 16.1ppg,6.4rbs, Orbs,1.80,1.9stls,.8blk FG% .473
3ptfg%.326

Antawn career stats: 864 Gms, 19.8 ppg, 8.1rbs,Orbs,2.6 1.0stl, .4blk FG%.456
3ptfg% .347%

Twan can play 3 or 4. Pippen 3 or 2. Considering one played with Mike & one didn't.. What is your honest oppinion?

MrfadeawayJB
08-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Charles Barkley weighed in Wednesday on a recent Twitter statement by LeBron James. Barkley, a TNT analyst and former NBA All-Star, said he hopes James remembers Barkley's critical comments and called a couple of James' more significant actions this summer "punk" moves.

"I heard about LeBron's little tweet today that he's remembering everybody who said anything bad about him," Barkley said Thursday on ESPN Radio 103.3 FM in Dallas/Fort Worth. "And he said 'everybody.' Well, I want him to make sure that he puts my name on that (list).

"I thought that his little one-hour special was a punk move. I thought them dancing around on the stage was a punk move, and I thought he should've stayed in Cleveland. Him joining Dwyane Wade's team was very disappointing to me."

lol chawles bawkley

MrfadeawayJB
08-12-2010, 11:05 PM
^^^^^^^^^^but what he said is true

GoldenArmor24
08-12-2010, 11:12 PM
your saying mo willaims is an all star calibu point guard?:laugh: common the one that he made was because of an injury he didnt even get a vote for top ten point guard aside from me. the seaon that jordan left they won 55 games the season without him they only won 2 more than that so whats your point? have you seen the starting lineup?
mo/parker/moon/hickson/varejao you realy think that compares to them

Actually, Jamieson is the one I was talking of. Ya know the one Lebron wanted in Cleveland?

ElMarroAfamado
08-12-2010, 11:13 PM

people like him lebron james because he dunks....
besides dunks and layups he doesnt have much of a game
we are in the right to hate

blue bleeder09
08-12-2010, 11:13 PM
he hopped on the wagon :whistle:

lmao :d

Hangtime
08-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Barkley has always been one to speak his mind even when he puts his foot in his mouth. I don't agree with him saying Lebron should have stayed in Cleveland because he had every right to go where he wanted. I agree with Barkley about the special especially when it was to announce to the world his attention to go to Miami. It was an unnecessary spectacle. However if Lebron feels that's his best chance at a ring then more power to him.

GoldenArmor24
08-12-2010, 11:22 PM
1.) HEat
2.) Boston
3.) Bulls
4.) Orlando
5.) Bucks
6.) Hawks

I dont see Cavs being ahead of any of these teams, especially with the potent talents these teams gained

Please be realistic enough LOL, stop lying to yourself

The top part no but the bottom? wide open imo. Who did the Bobcats gain this year? The Pistons signed T-mac, woah,look out,(not dissing the pistons just the T-mac signing itself thats really potent?) They have a nice core but shopping Hamiltion & Prince? They still need time to gel if they do or don't do those trades. the Knicks went from worst n the nba to a playoff team? come on! I love the moves they made but they neeed time to grow together. I can see the bobcats but thats the thing you never know in sports. I really wouldn't be suprised to see the Cavs. get in, I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't.

marlinsfan24
08-12-2010, 11:27 PM
x2

mikealike305
08-12-2010, 11:30 PM
5 buck box, it rocks it rocks

Wade>You
08-12-2010, 11:32 PM
"I thought that his little one-hour special was a punk move."

The revenue generated from The Decision went towards charity. How much money has Barkley thrown away gambling that could've gone towards charity? Barkley's stupid, but now he doesn't think donating money to charity is a good cause.

BrotherRedz
08-12-2010, 11:32 PM
people like him lebron james because he dunks....
besides dunks and layups he doesnt have much of a game
we are in the right to hate

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Watch this please :facepalm: BronBron Done this in a short span of time

16 straight points
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGowrwFLU4o

24 straight points
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU-R5TsFbD8&feature=related

No wonder I love calling these LeBron haters IGNORANT

still1ballin
08-12-2010, 11:33 PM
NBA fans think Chuck is "da man!"

Heat fans think Chuck is dumb, stupid and no one takes him serious

BrotherRedz
08-12-2010, 11:35 PM
NBA fans think Chuck is "da man!"

Heat fans think Chuck is dumb, stupid and no one takes him serious

LOL Chuck sucks at gambling like Jordan

iggypop123
08-12-2010, 11:38 PM
heat fans- **** barkley.
all other fans- i love charles barkely

Melo15
08-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Man LeBron's decision was turrible, I mean that was just knuckle headed turrible.

GoldenArmor24
08-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Another ignorant post about 90's basketball. I'm only 22 and I don't remember much, but don't talk about things like you know them if you don't. The 1993-1994 Pippen-led Bulls were 1 bad foul call away from being in the NBA finals. I'd consider that a contender.

Contenders in the EAST SURE but You think the Bulls would have beat the Rockets? w/o Jordan @ that? come on man, Who would have covered Hakeem? Mike left, the east couldn't win, he came back & what happened? He retires again & which conference has more titles since 99? the West! W/O MJ & those Bulls teams the east was nothing. Expansion year being in the weaker conferance, MJ,Pippen & Rodman & Phil =a Great bench on your team = 72-10

Hindy27
08-12-2010, 11:42 PM
These Heat fans are contradicting themselves anyway...

They say he put his ego to the side when he signed with Miami.
Then they say if you have no rings you are no one.

He might have stayed in Cleveland if his ego wasn't so damaged from choking out of the playoffs and not winning anything. Lets face it, any player in the GOAT talk should get at least 1 ring after leading their team to the best record in the league 2 seasons in a row.
Although 66 and 61 wins is apparently 'toughing it out'. In Miami he'll only be getting a few more, so getting 70 wins for the season will be slightly better than 'toughing it out'.:D
He has gone to Miami to win rings, to be someone. He has no rings, so he is no one according to Heat fans, so he goes there to get rings to be someone. Yet, they say that isn't ego driven.

Doesn't that mean that he went to Miami because of his ego and the need to be considered one of the best?
Oh that's right Heat fans are now saying that he doesn't want to be one of the best.:facepalm: he apparently joined Miami to not be one of the best ever players.

Miami won't dominate the season much more than Cleveland have, even if they get an MJ/Bulls like 72 wins. That's not a huge amount in front of what he has been getting. The difference is that he will be holding Wade's hand while Wade drags him through the playoffs and finals.

BrotherRedz
08-12-2010, 11:46 PM
These Heat fans are contradicting themselves anyway...

They say he put his ego to the side when he signed with Miami.
Then they say if you have no rings you are no one.

He might have stayed in Cleveland if his ego wasn't so damaged from choking out of the playoffs and not winning anything. Lets face it, any player in the GOAT talk should get at least 1 ring after leading their team to the best record in the league 2 seasons in a row.
Although 66 and 61 wins is apparently 'toughing it out'. In Miami he'll only be getting a few more, so getting 70 wins for the season will be slightly better than 'toughing it out'.:D
He has gone to Miami to win rings, to be someone. He has no rings so he is no one according to Heat fans, so he goes there to get rings to be someone. Yet, they say that isn't ego driven.

Doesn't that mean that he went to Miami because of his ego and the need to be considered one of the best?
Oh that's right Heat fans are now saying that he doesn't want to be one of the best.:facepalm: he apparently joined Miami to not be one of the best ever players.

Miami won't dominate the season much more than Cleveland have, even if they get an MJ/Bulls like 72 wins. That's not a huge amount in front of what he has been getting. The difference is that he will be holding Wade's hand while Wade drags him through the playoffs and finals.

LOL MO Williams is the choker BTW
You're an obvious hater
I cant wait to see how the Heat will dismantle that Record 72-10 and put you all to shame for talking crap

Win a few more? I guess you are just lying to yourself then

I never knew Wade = Mo , Bosh = Jamison, Oh Z = Z , Miller = Anthony Parker (SARCASTIC INTENDED)

Comparison of other players... Anthony to Hickson, Haslem to Varejao, Jones to Moon, House to Boobie

All I see is a major upgrade

Wade>You
08-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Charles Barkley personifies the sore loser in every bitter fan out there. I think it's great. :p

BrotherRedz
08-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Charles Barkley personifies the sore loser in every bitter fan out there. I think it's great. :p

He aint got no rings joining with Moses and Erving , and to the Suns :p