PDA

View Full Version : Additional part of yesterday's four team trade that fell through.

black1605
08-12-2010, 12:41 PM
A league source says the Charlotte Bobcats wanted to get involved as well, using the non-guaranteed contract of center Erick Dampier to try and get a point guard. Under one scenario, Dampier would have gone to Indiana, the team that originally drafted him in 1996, with T.J. Ford going to Toronto and the Raptors sending guard Jose Calderon to Charlotte.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/david_aldridge/08/11/trade/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

BrotherRedz
08-12-2010, 12:44 PM
LOL

Dampier sucks in his entire career.

I wonder what kept Dallas from keeping him

Hellcrooner
08-12-2010, 12:44 PM
,,,mmmmm why does Cha want Jose?

I mean he is very god at passing, distributing, leading in the flooer, shooting and etc etc.

but he is just average at defense.

Larry Brwon is OBSSESSED with DEFENSE.

so wtf??

ManRam
08-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Wow. A 6-team trade? Has that ever happened before??

Why would Toronto want Ford back? They should be ecstatic he's gone.

ManRam
08-12-2010, 12:46 PM
,,,mmmmm why does Cha want Jose?

I mean he is very god at passing, distributing, leading in the flooer, shooting and etc etc.

but he is just average at defense.

Larry Brwon is OBSSESSED with DEFENSE.

so wtf??

That team seriously lacks offense...and right now, they don't have a starting-caliber PG. They could afford one position being weak defensively. They are the most offensively challenged team in the league. They might be the best defensive team, but you gotta be able to score, and Calderon would have helped.

black1605
08-12-2010, 12:50 PM
That team seriously lacks offense...and right now, they don't have a starting-caliber PG. They could afford one position being weak defensively. They are the most offensively challenged team in the league. They might be the best defensive team, but you gotta be able to score, and Calderon would have helped.

Agreed. I was against the initial deal we had in place. I just thought giving up Diaw and Chandler was a too much just to get Calderon and Evans. This deal could still potentially be pulled off, it would just require the Pacers dumping around two million dollars worth of scrubs.

netsgiantsyanks
08-12-2010, 12:59 PM
tj ford going back to toronto?

Rego247
08-12-2010, 01:08 PM
ford to T. makes a little sense, maybe we buy him out of his contract before the season starts?? i heard there were some rumours that indy wanted to do that.

Klivlend
08-12-2010, 01:19 PM
ford to T. makes a little sense, maybe we buy him out of his contract before the season starts?? i heard there were some rumours that indy wanted to do that.

Ya, I heard that too. I think they offered him $5 million and he did not accept. I think he is scheduled to make around $8.5 million next year

76erEaglePhils
08-12-2010, 01:39 PM
ford to T. makes a little sense, maybe we buy him out of his contract before the season starts?? i heard there were some rumours that indy wanted to do that.he said no and he will do the same if traded to toronto sorry.

76erEaglePhils
08-12-2010, 01:39 PM
charlotte could of had jose before wtf

jezzyman05
08-12-2010, 01:58 PM
you can thank Jordan for that

Heater4life
08-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Wow. A 6-team trade? Has that ever happened before??Why would Toronto want Ford back? They should be ecstatic he's gone.

Heat trade for J-will posey and walker involved 5 teams 13 players i believe. largest as of yet

Highlight
08-12-2010, 02:49 PM
he said no and he will do the same if traded to toronto sorry.

Yeah, a 5 million dollar buyout won't appease him. He knows if he gets bought out, he won't get a contract large enough to make up for the rest of the money that he leaves on the table. He'd rather just make his 8 million sitting on the pine then being bought out.

masalex1205
08-12-2010, 02:55 PM
blah, want no part of Calderon's contract