PDA

View Full Version : any memories of baseball scraps?

nstojic
08-12-2010, 07:52 AM
any favourites?

not your thing?

Lind and Snider have theirs...

ADAM LIND

“I haven’t been in too many brawls but the biggest one I was involved in was when I was 14 years old, a state championship (Indiana). The other guys were really rah-rah and the coaches were about 22, 23 years old and were really crazy. I can’t remember the exact details but it involved players, umpires and parents. And that’s when it gets real bad when parents get involved. You could just feel it brewing. It was intense.”

Lind was also around for the brawl in New York last summer. His most vivid memory wasn’t about the fight on the field, either.

“I just remember a Pepsi bottled being thrown. Now I know when I go to NFL games why they don’t serve bottles. When a bottle is being thrown it’s like a brick being thrown. The bottle landed at my feet.”

TRAVIS SNIDER

“We had a pretty intense fight in 2007 in lower A when I was playing for Lansing Lugnuts. We had a guy on our team hit a mammoth home run and really didn’t show up their pitcher (on the West Michigan Whitecaps). Their pitcher, Casey Fien, decided to take it upon himself to hit our guy who hit the home run the next time he came up. Our team didn’t think it was deserved. We didn’t say a word. An inning later their catcher came up with two outs and we hit him in the backside and it should have been done right there. But he decided to charge the mound. But our pitcher, Eddie Rodriguez, pulled off one of the more impressive displays of defence fighting where he got him in the face with his glove hand so the guy kind of stumbled for a second and then he knocked him out with one punch. “Everything kind of got crazy after that. I got a few punches in and got hit a few times and went down in the eye of the storm before our catcher pulled me out.”

Snider added that although nobody goes looking for a scrap, when one happens it becomes a bonding experience for the team.

“You don’t look for it as a team but after you experience something like that and go through that as a group you kind of look around the clubhouse and know that guys are there for each other. It’s not as prevalent in our sport as say, hockey, but it’s a part of the game that happens every so often. Guys do what they need to do, the message is sent and things are done after that.”http://www.torontosun.com/sports/baseball/2010/08/12/14997081.html

GrumpyOldMan
08-12-2010, 09:28 AM
I remember George Bell running out to the mound to dropkick a pitcher that threw at him. I liked that one.
I also liked watching Robin Ventura charge Nolan Ryan and end up in a headlock getting slapped in the head by Nolan. Great stuff.

nstojic
08-12-2010, 11:17 AM
the ones where a guy charges out and then eats it, are funny as hell...

wamco
08-12-2010, 06:06 PM
albert belle running out and going for the drop kick

albert belle giving the forearm shiver to vina or cora on his way to 2b

albert belle running over trick or treaters with his car

kenny rogers getting dropkicked by a japanese pitcher (not nomo i dont think) along 1b line.

ventura-ryan obviously

delgado saying he was tired of being beaned intentionally, then a few games later was beaned and glared at the pitcher and started walking towards him getting an apology from the pitcher

that minor league player that kicked the catcher first

orioles-yanks brawl looked like alot of hot air till Strawberry came in with a knockout sucker punch on someone. Other team chased him, threw him into the dugout and beat him down.

torii hunter (only time i think this ever happened) picked up the ball and threw it back at the pitcher, hitting him in the stomach. Got tossed, went to other team's locker room after the game to apologize and everyone thought round 2 was coming.

me pummeling a kid, over a girl of course, in highschool getting me a full week of suspension while he got none simply because he was unable to get a punch off . Lame.
all dad said at the time was "did you win", then I got a week off of school, so wasn't all bad at all.

wamco
08-12-2010, 06:07 PM
the ty cobb comeback. Get beaned, do nothing at all, take your base. Next time you are up, bunt down the 1b line, when pitcher bends over to pick up the ball, you spike him in the back.

For real, check out his biography.

1hardcore
08-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Winner!!!

Mark whitten giving jack *** macdowell a shiner !!!:d

Nofear
08-12-2010, 06:19 PM
I remember George Bell running out to the mound to dropkick a pitcher that threw at him. I liked that one.
I also liked watching Robin Ventura charge Nolan Ryan and end up in a headlock getting slapped in the head by Nolan. Great stuff.

The infamous Nolan Ryan noogie. Ryan made Ventura look like he was a ten year old boy and I seriously thought Ryan was going to take him over his knee and give him a bare bum spanking it was that bad.

jon32
08-12-2010, 06:22 PM
My most memorable was'nt much of a fight.....but when Pedro Martinez threw Don Zimmer down haha.

wamco
08-12-2010, 07:25 PM
boo ya

H-MYK
08-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Even though you shouldn't do that, it's kinda funny how Belle tried to run over the trick-or-treaters with his car. But they were egging his house so it was justified. I know, I'm evil.

Stress
08-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Ted Lilly punching John Gibbons in the face after taking out of the game against the A's. I was at that game. They showed Gibbons' bloodied face on the jumbotron. Priceless. Barajas hit a game winning double or homer, i forget. He had a shitload of game winning hits that season.

nstojic
08-12-2010, 08:12 PM
The infamous Nolan Ryan noogie. Ryan made Ventura look like he was a ten year old boy and I seriously thought Ryan was going to take him over his knee and give him a bare bum spanking it was that bad.

that was awesome!!! it's like picking on some old man cause you think he'll be a pushover but instead he's like ex-special forces and beats the snot out of you...in an awkward way, like ryan hahahahah just givin' him the business in that headlock hahahahahahha

nstojic
08-12-2010, 08:14 PM
kenny rogers getting dropkicked by a japanese pitcher (not nomo i dont think) along 1b line.

hahahaha they ran that on the score, in a fight montage.. after the brawl the other day... in slow mo, you can see rogers take that shin/knee, flush in the temple.... that was some pure tae kwon do... hahahahah

Lavy16
08-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Winner!!!

Mark whitten giving jack *** macdowell a shiner !!!:d

My favorite of all time :clap:

Lavy16
08-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Who was it that rushed the mound after getting hit by Todd Stottlemyre and got the living tar kicked out of them???

wamco
08-12-2010, 08:37 PM
the 92 braves?

Zaunnie
08-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Kyle Farnsworth spearing Paul Wilson to the ground and punching the **** out of him
Kyle Farnsworth spearing Jeremy Affeldt to the ground and almost punching the **** out of him.