PDA

View Full Version : If Boozer stays in Cleveland, does LeBron?

thekmp211
08-12-2010, 03:37 AM
Everyone remembers Carlos Boozer doing the Cavs a stiff one by going back on a verbal agreement and signing with Utah. At that point, he was a surprise second-rounder who looked like a solid contributor. He has since established himself as a premier post scorer and rebounder.

Now I'm not saying Boozer = Bosh and Wade, but I do wonder if that hypothetical Cavs team would have proven more dangerous, at least in the East. Boozer is certainly a better player than anyone the Cavs have brought in since he left. So, if the LeBron-and-Boozer Cavs win a ship, or if they even get to the finals one or two more times, does The South Beach Talent stay in Cleveland?

BrotherRedz
08-12-2010, 03:46 AM
Damn man, lotsa players will jump to Cleveland if he stayed, like Iverson or Artest, hypothetically though

Knowledge
08-12-2010, 04:22 AM
Lebron would have stayed imo. He wanted to play with other all star caliber/elite players and Boozer would have provided. A Lebron-Boozer-Mo Williams led group could have done a lot of damage.

Minimal
08-12-2010, 04:26 AM
Don't think so..

thekmp211
08-12-2010, 04:52 AM
personally, i think lebron would have had a lot more pressure on him if he had even made the finals again. even without a ring i think he would have stayed.

The Raven
08-12-2010, 06:37 AM
I think he would of stayed if Boozer stayed as well. That would of been another threat for lebron to play with

TheWatcher34
08-12-2010, 06:49 AM
would Lebron have taken a dumb this morning he wouldn't have to take a dumb on south beach in the afternoon!

tcav701
08-12-2010, 07:20 AM
No, the new bug 3 knew they were gonna all sign together when they signed their last cotracts.

tjlipford
08-12-2010, 08:00 AM
Man no. He never wanted to stay. The organization bent over backwards for him every year in trying to make him happy and the team better. Just look back on everything now. Now bosh is saying that he never had a conversation about him coming to Cleveland. What is that about? People act like we were the 6th or 8th seed every year like Toronto or Miami. We weren't, we were always a top seed that needed to just add a couple of parts.

I'm really not that mad at him though. He's better off as a #2 guy anyway as he proved.

Everybody needs to understand he just wasn't staying in Cleveland period.

mark1125
08-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Just make a damn Lebron forum already.

:facepalm:

BOSTON617
08-12-2010, 08:35 AM
i guess you can say that????
but does it matter anymore?

S-Dot
08-12-2010, 09:04 AM
This is really hard to determine, but I would say yes. It still depends on the other help that would be put around those two, and if Boozer would have been as good if he stayed in Cleveland.

xbrackattackx
08-12-2010, 10:05 AM
Nah. He wanted that spotlight and hearing all those things about bigger markets made him all puppy eyed.

NBA-GMaster
08-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Nope!! LeBron will surely stay if he had won a championship last season..

JordansBulls
08-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Everyone remembers Carlos Boozer doing the Cavs a stiff one by going back on a verbal agreement and signing with Utah. At that point, he was a surprise second-rounder who looked like a solid contributor. He has since established himself as a premier post scorer and rebounder.

Now I'm not saying Boozer = Bosh and Wade, but I do wonder if that hypothetical Cavs team would have proven more dangerous, at least in the East. Boozer is certainly a better player than anyone the Cavs have brought in since he left. So, if the LeBron-and-Boozer Cavs win a ship, or if they even get to the finals one or two more times, does The South Beach Talent stay in Cleveland?

Boozer was a 15 and 11 player in Cleveland. I'm not sure if Boozer develops into a star playing with Lebron.

Hangtime
08-12-2010, 01:31 PM
I think the trio of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh has been in the works for quite a while. These guys wanted to play together. I think it was just a matter of how it all could be arranged and where they would play. Or at the very least two of them were definitely going to team up at some point. When the time came and they realized one team could make it happen they jumped on it. As far as Boozer staying in Cleveland, it depends if there was a sense that even with Boozer the team was getting better and able to compete with the likes of Orlando and Boston. But I think regardless when his boys decided to play together and there was room for Lebron to join his decision would have been to leave.

MJ-BULLS
08-12-2010, 01:34 PM
if boozer stayed in Cleveland i could of definitely seen the Cavaliers win a championship, resulting in Lebron staying put.

mikealike305
08-12-2010, 01:43 PM
i'd say yes, but who knowss

Hangtime
08-12-2010, 01:43 PM
With Lebron, Boozer and the current roster he had these previous years I honestly don't think he would have won. Celtics,Lakers , and Spurs were just better overall teams IMHO. And these were the teams he still would have faced. But who knows?

Chacarron
08-12-2010, 01:48 PM
It would only have meant that both would have left this offseason together.

Mr Moody
08-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Just make a damn Lebron forum already.

:facepalm:

lol this

We dont need 2 new lebron threads everyday

mark1125
08-12-2010, 01:56 PM
lol this

We dont need 2 new lebron threads everyday

2 every day? More like 5. They shot down the LeBron forum. Half the mods shut them down and the other half are drinking the Lebron kool aid and let them go. It's silly because all of them end up in insults and bickering.

MacFitz92
I hate "What if" threads.

Brooklyn Mets
no way.. unless Cleveland is in South Beach..

Gators123
08-12-2010, 01:58 PM
I hate "What if" threads.

:nod:

kozelkid
08-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Boozer was a 15 and 11 player in Cleveland. I'm not sure if Boozer develops into a star playing with Lebron.

That's ridiculous, of course he does.
But as for whether he stays, I think that more depends on whether Boozer would have been enough for them to win a few championships. If so? He definitely stays imo and would have joined the ranks of Bird, MJ, Magic etc.
However, he knew the current core couldn't do it, he chickened out and felt that winning a championship ANYWAY possible will satisfy everyone.
With that said, I think he leaves for Brooklyn in 2014 to try to prove everyone wrong about not being able to be the man.

Klivlend
08-12-2010, 03:11 PM
if boozer stayed in Cleveland i could of definitely seen the Cavaliers win a championship, resulting in Lebron staying put.

I can see this being true.

That's ridiculous, of course he does.
But as for whether he stays, I think that more depends on whether Boozer would have been enough for them to win a few championships. If so? He definitely stays imo and would have joined the ranks of Bird, MJ, Magic etc.
However, he knew the current core couldn't do it, he chickened out and felt that winning a championship ANYWAY possible will satisfy everyone.
With that said, I think he leaves for Brooklyn in 2014 to try to prove everyone wrong about not being able to be the man.

But given the current situation, I see this being true.

NYKNYGNYY
08-12-2010, 03:19 PM
who knows...most likeley,he woulda had a championship by now

Khalifa21
08-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Would the chances of Cleveland winning a title have improved? Yes.

Would the Cavs have won a title before 2010 with Boozer? Maybe.

It's all very hypothetical and hard to judge, so you can't give a concrete answer but the chances of him staying would've been sufficiently higher. They would've been higher if Ferry was willing to include Hickson in a deal for Stoudemire and pulled the trigger... But hindsight is 20/20.

Asham
08-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Keep Boozer. Trade Mo williams for Kobe. Trade Delonte West for Dwyane Wade. Then a title comes

Klivlend
08-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Keep Boozer. Trade Mo williams for Kobe. Trade Delonte West for Dwyane Wade. Then a title comes

Exactly! Clearly this guy gets it!

thekmp211
08-12-2010, 03:31 PM
i think i love more than anything people complaining about how dumb threads are while posting in the thread.

IversonIsKrazy
08-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Well think abt all the players that would've never came, the trades that wouldn't go down and etc. It's too tough because once u change something in the past like that, the future of trades would be different.

But if it was the EXACT team, and u put Boozer instead of Jamison (assuming they wouldn't go after Antawn if Boozer was there) I still think he would've left, because I think BOozer would struggle against Boston.

Chronz
08-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Your still clinging to this one?

MrfadeawayJB
08-12-2010, 04:24 PM
If Boozer would have stayed in Cleveland all those years, the cavs might have had a championship! But then he would leave to miami after delivering a title to the cleveland fans..

Drtino
08-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Wow...more Lebron threads about the what ifs?... people need to move forward on this, it doesn't matter now if Lebron would've stayed with Cleveland or not, he has moved on and so many people with the same questions.

A simple answer should be "Yes"... he would've stayed, because of all those " what ifs"...sadly, the simple notion of living in the present will get you back to earth to let you know that he already moved on.