PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love: I feel more appreciated by Team USA than the Wolves

Highlight
08-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Kevin Love said Wednesday that he feels more appreciated by Team USA than he does by the Wolves.
While he backed off his comments a bit throughout the day, they have made their way around the media landscape and owners have to be concerned about another season with him in the Minnesota doghouse. The league's best per-minute rebounder last season played just 29 minutes per game last year.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/john_schuhmann/08/10/love.usa/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

I don't know what the T-Wolves are doing, but they're already a small market team. They need to try to have the best image possible going forward if they ever want to have a big time superstar there again.

SA5195
08-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Ouch...

B.JenningsMVP
08-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Daaaamn

Highlight
08-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Ouch...

That's exactly what I was about to say. Almost put that in the title of the thread.

ManRam
08-11-2010, 10:00 PM
They just traded Al Jefferson, basically a guy that couldn't co-exist with Love. No pun intended, but I think that's a big way of showing love to him. That trade really made it clear that they have faith in him, and want to commit more playing time to him.

I bet he thought about it, then realized that it wasn't a good thing to say...and probably not entirely true.

Team USA probably is showing him love because no one else wants to play for that team right now...

Gators123
08-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Ouch...

This sums it up

gbrl
08-11-2010, 10:01 PM
^ agree, he would be the one traded if they didnt have faith in him

Kakaroach
08-11-2010, 10:02 PM
I've always thought Love just loves (no pun) the media way too much. Expect an apology or I regret those statements kind of thing pretty soon.

spreadeagle
08-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Now with Al Jefferson gone,he should no hes gunna get way more P.T

RadiantShot
08-11-2010, 10:03 PM
I think Kevin Love would feel more loved on a 10 year old recreational team, than the Wolves.

Kashmir13579
08-11-2010, 10:05 PM
LMAO. twolves.... since they don't care about their record or their players...... may the knicks please have wes johnson and jonny flynn?? (for tony douglas or a second round pick that will be used on another PG)

Highlight
08-11-2010, 10:12 PM
They just traded Al Jefferson, basically a guy that couldn't co-exist with Love. No pun intended, but I think that's a big way of showing love to him. That trade really made it clear that they have faith in him, and want to commit more playing time to him.

I bet he thought about it, then realized that it wasn't a good thing to say...and probably not entirely true.

Team USA probably is showing him love because no one else wants to play for that team right now...

What I'm thinking is, there was a lot of drama going on last year, and he made this remark based off that time frame.

The problem is, this hurts the T-Wolves. If their players are saying things like this about the organization, it will surely deter players even more from going there. (Besides the location itself)

Regardless, in the end money and playing time talks, so w/e. Like Kakaroach stated, there's probably going to be an apology because this off-season they've shown a lot of loyalty to him.

RadiantShot
08-11-2010, 10:15 PM
My comment is funny. Someone laugh.

Highlight
08-11-2010, 10:20 PM

*Scrolls up... then laughs*

There you go. :)

spreadeagle
08-11-2010, 10:23 PM

This comment^ actually made me chuckle

THE MTL
08-11-2010, 10:28 PM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/john_schuhmann/08/10/love.usa/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

I don't know what the T-Wolves are doing, but they're already a small market team. They need to try to have the best image possible going forward if they ever want to have a big time superstar there again.

I hope he knows that he is getting cut once Howard, Bosh, Lebron, Wade, Kobe, etc. all come back......then he'll see who really gets the "love".

Anyway, Wolves traded Jefferson for essentially nothing....which means they have faith that K.Love can hold it down.

BrotherRedz
08-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Wolves should trade Love to Memphis for Z-Dolph

Damn Gay Love Combo :)

topdog
08-11-2010, 10:35 PM
We just cleared out Big Al for him... but if that isn't good enough, he can just step aside and let Michael Beasley take over.

Steelers23_06
08-11-2010, 10:35 PM
This comment^ actually made me chuckle

me2 haha. but its sooo ironic that this happened i was just arguing with a twolves homer the other day about how the twolves wont be great because they dont know how to draft and treat their suparstars and build around them. but like 90% of homers on PSD he wouldnt take anyone speaking bad about his team. maybe he will understand it after KG bolted for a ring, and now their supposed to be future kevin love is saying it too. i guarantee he leaves after his contract is up.

Rafer17
08-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Love Kevin.

topdog
08-11-2010, 10:38 PM
LMAO. twolves.... since they don't care about their record or their players...... may the knicks please have wes johnson and jonny flynn?? (for tony douglas or a second round pick that will be used on another PG)

Don't be that guy. Just don't...

topdog
08-11-2010, 10:41 PM
me2 haha. but its sooo ironic that this happened i was just arguing with a twolves homer the other day about how the twolves wont be great because they dont know how to draft and treat their suparstars and build around them. but like 90% of homers on PSD he wouldnt take anyone speaking bad about his team. maybe he will understand it after KG bolted for a ring, and now their supposed to be future kevin love is saying it too. i guarantee he leaves after his contract is up.

Superstars?

KG didn't bolt - get your facts straight.

What's this about treating guys anyway? Because a young unathletic player didn't get the minutes he wanted last year, the team wasn't treating him right. And back to the beginning: are you trying to say Love is a *gulp* "superstar" :facepalm:

RadiantShot
08-11-2010, 10:52 PM
:laugh:

Raidaz4Life
08-11-2010, 10:59 PM
I could potentially see it. Kahn is more interested in his PG's and SF's than Kevin Love.

Khalifa21
08-11-2010, 11:01 PM
He is a stud. He needs minutes and he'll prove it..

Hellcrooner
08-11-2010, 11:08 PM
excellent PR to bring Rubio next year.

Oh wait, maybe that s what he dont want he wants to be the "franchise" playr.

Now on a serious note, he wil get lots pf PT this year and touches enough to put up his 20 and 10 i guess he will feel more loved now.

Hellcrooner
08-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Wolves should trade Love to Memphis for Z-Dolph

Damn Gay Love Combo :)

Nah make it a three way that somehow sends Marc Gasol and Rudy Fernandez to Wolves.

Love to memphis flynn to portland? or something like that.

iced_earth4
08-11-2010, 11:13 PM
You know what... Shut your mouth and play the game. This mother****** makes more money then we'll ever see and he's complaining? What a piece of garbage!

credible55
08-11-2010, 11:33 PM
But he does have a point. He's not gonna get anymore minutes then before maybe less. jefferson could play a bad center. Beasley cant and love shouldnt. i never got y memphis and them traded with each other. minnesota could have used mayo and memphis could used love and never having to spend all that money on randolph.

Kobe5RingKing
08-11-2010, 11:34 PM
everyone here riding him hard

TheTakeOver24
08-11-2010, 11:34 PM
They already have a future star: Michael Beasley... just dont make the guy play defense, or rebound or pass the ball... KLove can do all that instead :D

rabzouz 96
08-11-2010, 11:35 PM
they just traded their best player al jefferson to keep him, how much more appreciated does he want to feel?

The Raven
08-12-2010, 06:44 AM
With the loss of Jefferson, i think added playing time this season will fix that issue

S-Dot
08-12-2010, 09:33 AM
With the loss of Jefferson, i think added playing time this season will fix that issue

Where are they going play Beasley...at power forward or small forward?

xbrackattackx
08-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Suck it up crybaby.

OA SLAY
08-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Kahn traded AlJeff and acquired Beasley cuz he's clueless not cuz he has faith

BOSTON617
08-12-2010, 09:54 AM
he wont have an issue next year

Hellcrooner
08-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Where are they going play Beasley...at power forward or small forward?

As waterboy probably.

S-Dot
08-12-2010, 09:59 AM
As waterboy probably.

1. I wouldn't trust him with that role
2. He is due for a breakout season. I really think he can lead that team in scoring this year, and put up a good rebounding average. Not guaranteeing it, but I think he can.

DaBUU
08-12-2010, 11:33 AM

scrolls up......then gives fake laugh...hahahaha

John Walls Era
08-12-2010, 11:44 AM
You know what... Shut your mouth and play the game. This mother****** makes more money then we'll ever see and he's complaining? What a piece of garbage!

Hes not demanding a trade. Hes allowed to complain if he thinks the franchise is treating him poorly.

knickerbockerny
08-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Love always felt a way about the T-Wolves, he was puzzled a couple years ago when they selected multiple point guards in the first round.

He also felt away when Darko came out of no where and was starting over him.

Honestly, the T-Wolves need to eliminate the triangle offense and let the young boys run and play.

netsgiantsyanks
08-12-2010, 12:15 PM
michael beasley is probably going to backup kevin love at pf. seeing him at sf will be absolutely terrible.

fadedmario
08-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Kevin Love is going to dominate the boards this year. He's one of my favorite young players.

hgtiger32
08-12-2010, 12:32 PM
they should really just trade rubio and get some good value...

76erEaglePhils
08-12-2010, 01:00 PM
This says alot about there franchise the wolves are the biggest joke in the nba. Also somebody give Kevin Love a hug he really needs some love right now.

BULLSFAN0810
08-12-2010, 01:28 PM
iMO some places shouldnt have a team....OKC is an exception...i dont know who that happened..but if Durant goes i see bad thiungs for them...but i digress. Minnesota should be taken away, they have proven tht even with a big name they wont support. and they have shown in bad times they wont support...so imo screw em move them, Toronto and maybe a few others...no need to waste a team on a city that doesnt attract ballers to stay, and doesnt attract fans.

Beastley8
08-12-2010, 01:36 PM
iMO some places shouldnt have a team....OKC is an exception...i dont know who that happened..but if Durant goes i see bad thiungs for them...but i digress. Minnesota should be taken away, they have proven tht even with a big name they wont support. and they have shown in bad times they wont support...so imo screw em move them, Toronto and maybe a few others...no need to waste a team on a city that doesnt attract ballers to stay, and doesnt attract fans.

While were at it, we need to take away your posting priviledges.

Kevin Love is a *****, plain and simple. He's been *****ing since he came in the league, and it's really annoying. He has this sense of entitlement with him that doesn't really make sense. Now, with that being said, I do believe he needs to play more, but that's why Jefferson was traded... I understand the kid wants to win, but you wouldn't be winning had you stayed in Memphis, either.

As far as your ignorant post, the Wolves actually have a very healthy fan base. Just check out the team forum, it's pretty booming for one of the worst teams in the league.

76erEaglePhils
08-12-2010, 01:45 PM
iMO some places shouldnt have a team....OKC is an exception...i dont know who that happened..but if Durant goes i see bad thiungs for them...but i digress. Minnesota should be taken away, they have proven tht even with a big name they wont support. and they have shown in bad times they wont support...so imo screw em move them, Toronto and maybe a few others...no need to waste a team on a city that doesnt attract ballers to stay, and doesnt attract fans.Maybe they can become new exspansion teams for the wnba.

ElMarroAfamado
08-12-2010, 02:23 PM
kevin love is not that great...he is a mediocre player that shoots ok
eh...

topdog
08-12-2010, 02:44 PM
As far as your ignorant post, the Wolves actually have a very healthy fan base. Just check out the team forum, it's pretty booming for one of the worst teams in the league.

Exactly. We are the definition of "diehard fans." We actually know a thing or two about basketball too unlike many of the posters in here who only come to get the attention their mommies no longer give them.

Things should make a lot more sense in Minny this year and Love will be placated (or Beasley will be just that beastly that it doesn't matter):

Darko (legit center, has talent, drive?)
Love (unless Beasley outplays him for the spot - not counting on it)
Johnson/Beasley (probably Johnson, not sure if Beasley has enough 3 skill)
Webster (why does nobody like this guy?)
Flynn/Ridnour (dynamic pg or technical one? Ridnour probably has it bcuz Flynn may still be out injured)

Highlight
08-12-2010, 02:47 PM
There's no doubt Minnesota should have a team. They have a good fan base there, but it just sucks that this had to happen.

When players complain about small market teams it makes it harder for them to attract great players. Regardless I'm sure sooner or later everyone will forget about this and Love will be happy with his playing time.

topdog
08-12-2010, 02:48 PM
This says alot about there franchise the wolves are the biggest joke in the nba. Also somebody give Kevin Love a hug he really needs some love right now.

I don't know... I think the 76ers being stuck w/ Brands giant contract while he sits on the bench is pretty funny :laugh2:

Knock knock. Who's there? Oh wait, that wasn't a knock - it was Brand's fat *** plopping down on the bench.

Hawkeye15
08-12-2010, 02:49 PM
first off, he did correct his statement, and demonstrated that he wasn't saying what many here are implying.
Now, the Wolves have shipped off Jefferson, a clear sign they plan to start Love and PF and use him as their premier player. Beasley was a no brainer, you don't pass up talent like that for two 2nd rounders. Beasley will either start at SF, or be a backup. In no way, shape, or form, has Beasley earned the right to start over Love.
This just goes to show why I have been all over Love's nuts (go ahead, make a joke) since college. His skill set is and elite skillset valuable in any league in the world. The Wolves would be wise to play him 35 mpg, and run the offense through him off the high post, cutting low post.

76erEaglePhils
08-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Exactly. We are the definition of "diehard fans." We actually know a thing or two about basketball too unlike many of the posters in here who only come to get the attention their mommies no longer give them.
Things should make a lot more sense in Minny this year and Love will be placated (or Beasley will be just that beastly that it doesn't matter):

Darko (legit center, has talent, drive?)
Love (unless Beasley outplays him for the spot - not counting on it)
Johnson/Beasley (probably Johnson, not sure if Beasley has enough 3 skill)
Webster (why does nobody like this guy?)
Flynn/Ridnour (dynamic pg or technical one? Ridnour probably has it bcuz Flynn may still be out injured)You are nothing but, a clueless homer your just mad because people are telling it like it is about your team and, you can't take it sorry get some counseling dog.

Hawkeye15
08-12-2010, 02:56 PM
You are nothing but, a clueless homer your just mad because people are telling it like it is about your team and, you can't take it sorry get some counseling dog.

TopDog, myself, and a few others in the Wolves forum would smash on your all day in a basketball conversation dude. Stop it here, and I will too. You dont know the first thing about the Wolves. I can probably tell you more about the Sixers than you can. So just go away on this subject.

76erEaglePhils
08-12-2010, 03:02 PM
I don't know... I think the 76ers being stuck w/ Brands giant contract while he sits on the bench is pretty funny :laugh2:

Knock knock. Who's there? Oh wait, that wasn't a knock - it was Brand's fat *** plopping down on the bench.knock knock who's there? Oh wait that wasn't a knock. It was david Kahn's worthless *** cleaning out your empty championship trophy case that has eluded your so pathetic frachise for it's entire worthless existence.

76erEaglePhils
08-12-2010, 03:04 PM
TopDog, myself, and a few others in the Wolves forum would smash on your all day in a basketball conversation dude. Stop it here, and I will too. You dont know the first thing about the Wolves. I can probably tell you more about the Sixers than you can. So just go away on this subject.ooooh your a tough one you and, top duech bag.

Tony_Starks
08-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Im in cali and have watched Love play since the UCLA days. He needs to shut up and put up. He hasn't proved anything yet on any level....

76erEaglePhils
08-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Im in cali and have watched Love play since the UCLA days. He needs to shut up and put up. He hasn't proved anything yet on any level....agree

FadeAwayLikeMJ
08-12-2010, 03:14 PM
As waterboy probably.

you kiddin me??

with all that weed hes smokin hes gonna drink all the damn water. cotton mouth is a mutha!!

76erEaglePhils
08-12-2010, 03:17 PM
first off, he did correct his statement, and demonstrated that he wasn't saying what many here are implying.
Now, the Wolves have shipped off Jefferson, a clear sign they plan to start Love and PF and use him as their premier player. Beasley was a no brainer, you don't pass up talent like that for two 2nd rounders. Beasley will either start at SF, or be a backup. In no way, shape, or form, has Beasley earned the right to start over Love.
This just goes to show why I have been all over Love's nuts (go ahead, make a joke) since college. His skill set is and elite skillset valuable in any league in the world. The Wolves would be wise to play him 35 mpg, and run the offense through him off the high post, cutting low post.How has Love earned the right to start over anybody what has he proven or are you just saying that because your all over his nuts?

Slimsim
08-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Kevin Love might be that player that once He's a FA he will Look for another team to play for. Not sure if The wolves Organization should put so much trust into this guy even though he has potential.

Mplsman
08-12-2010, 03:27 PM
This says alot about there franchise the wolves are the biggest joke in the nba.

Says the Sixers/ Eagles fan. :facepalm:

76erEaglePhils
08-12-2010, 03:30 PM
They got rid of the wrong player Jefferson was 10x better than love after giving him a new contract they move him wtf. If that dosen't look like a franchise that has no clue of what they are doing than I just don't know. They constantly make dumb moves that make no basketball sense.

76erEaglePhils
08-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Says the Sixers/ Eagles fan. :facepalm:says the sixers fan to the wolves fan who's team does nothing to improve their team but draft and, sign point guards:facepalm:.

IversonIsKrazy
08-12-2010, 03:48 PM
He wasn't getting much love when Big AL was there, but now that they traded him, why would he say this?? THey did it so he can be their big man. Whatta spoiled little brat, it's like throwing a punch at the Minny organization. But im pretty sure he regrets saying this already

Hype
08-12-2010, 03:51 PM
The sixers might have won w/ Barkley and Iverson but now what? Just like the Wolves have won w/ KG and Cassel. Not really understand all the unyeilding hatred toward the Wolves, we almost won a championship w/ Cassel/Spree/and KG, then McFail messed it up w/ the Jaric trade and we had to start over. Who would you rather have, a highly overpaid Iggy, a highly overpaid Brand and some fillers on a bad team, or a group of youth, highly drafted players all fighting for their NBA lives? We'll have the same record so you might as well get off your high horse. The sixers are HORRIBLE, seriously, horrid.

As for Love, cry about it. Maybe if you played better you wouldn't be in this situation. It'll be funny if/when Love gets cut from Team USA, keep your conversations in house ya dick.

Hype
08-12-2010, 03:53 PM
It's Beasley's time to shine anyways. A few ping pong balls drop differently we wouldn't even be having the lovely conversation.

Chronz
08-12-2010, 04:01 PM
How has Love earned the right to start over anybody what has he proven or are you just saying that because your all over his nuts?

Over anybody? Hes proven alot more to start over alot of players so not naming someone doesnt help your point. Besides hes proven ALOT, atleast compared to Beasley.

Mplsman
08-12-2010, 04:02 PM
says the sixers fan to the wolves fan who's team does nothing to improve their team but draft and, sign point guards:facepalm:.

Hmm... what assets would I rather have:

Sixers- Iggy, Turner, Holiday, Hawes, Nocioni, Brand- and $13mil over cap thanks to Elton Brand $16+ mil a year and rising:facepalm:

or

Wolves- Love, Beasley, Wes Johnson, Rubio, Flynn, Brewer, Webster and $20 mil cap space.

:punish

Sixerlover
08-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Hmm... what assets would I rather have:

Sixers- Iggy, Turner, Holiday, Hawes, Nocioni, Brand- and $13mil over cap thanks to Elton Brand $16+ mil a year and rising:facepalm:

or

Wolves- Love, Beasley, Wes Johnson, Rubio, Flynn, Brewer, Webster and $20 mil cap space.

:punish

Sixers. Holiday, Turner, Iguodala, Young, Speights, Hawes, Williams, Meeks is better young talent than Flynn, Love, Beasley, Johnson, Brewer and Webster. Rubio counts when you guys either trade him, or he's in a Minny jersey. Time will tell with him

Sixerlover
08-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Says the Sixers/ Eagles fan. :facepalm:

The Eagles were one of the most successful franchises of the decade, much better than the Vikings were in the 2000's. That statement makes no sense. And the Sixers and T-Wolves were in very simular situations during the KG / AI era.. Only the Sixers have been to the playoffs 3 times post AI era, while the T-Wolves have been accumulating lottery picks with no improvement.

A facepalm can go both ways

Tony_Starks
08-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Over anybody? Hes proven alot more to start over alot of players so not naming someone doesnt help your point. Besides hes proven ALOT, atleast compared to Beasley.

Yeah I'd probably start Love over B-Easy for the simple fact that I've seen what Beasley did with a starting spot and it was pretty pathetic.

At the same time I have to believe there's something that the coaching staff is seeing in practice with Love to where he's been unable to lay claim to a consitent starting spot yet on a horrible team. His intensity and work ethic were questioned at UCLA, maybe that has something to do with it.

At any rate this year should be a clean slate for both!

justinnum1
08-12-2010, 04:26 PM
By the end of next season, Love will be backing up Beasley.

Sixerlover
08-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Love should start over Beasley no questions asked. He rebounds like a machine, something you want from a front court player.

king4day
08-12-2010, 05:41 PM
I don't get why Love thinks this. Jefferson was traded specifcially to help Love grow. Something must have happened behind the scenes.

76erEaglePhils
08-12-2010, 05:44 PM
The sixers might have won w/ Barkley and Iverson but now what? Just like the Wolves have won w/ KG and Cassel. Not really understand all the unyeilding hatred toward the Wolves, we almost won a championship w/ Cassel/Spree/and KG, then McFail messed it up w/ the Jaric trade and we had to start over. Who would you rather have, a highly overpaid Iggy, a highly overpaid Brand and some fillers on a bad team, or a group of youth, highly drafted players all fighting for their NBA lives? We'll have the same record so you might as well get off your high horse. The sixers are HORRIBLE, seriously, horrid.

As for Love, cry about it. Maybe if you played better you wouldn't be in this situation. It'll be funny if/when Love gets cut from Team USA, keep your conversations in house ya dick.You didn't almost win s**t you didn't even make it past the 1st round and, if you did you didn't get farther than that. I'm not by any means making the sixers a better team but, we are no Minnesota get that right boy. I don't care if my horse is 2 inches higher I won't get off it to the likes of the twolves.

76erEaglePhils
08-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Over anybody? Hes proven alot more to start over alot of players so not naming someone doesnt help your point. Besides hes proven ALOT, atleast compared to Beasley.You give both players the equal amount of playing time and, you will see a huge difference. So I don't see where you say Alot when both players were in different situations.

Pornstar86
08-12-2010, 05:58 PM
excellent PR to bring Rubio next year.

Oh wait, maybe that s what he dont want he wants to be the "franchise" playr.

Now on a serious note, he wil get lots pf PT this year and touches enough to put up his 20 and 10 i guess he will feel more loved now.

hes not going to be the go to guy with Beasley there...Kahn already stated that Beasley will be the go to guy, so Love must really be pissed considering Beasley is a PF, not s SF, which i think most people believe he is

heattiltheend94
08-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Beasley could take away some minutes from Love. I see Love getting same amount of minutes as last year. He would of had less minutes, but Jefferson was hurt for part of the year He deserves way more, but it is Kahn.

Mplsman
08-12-2010, 07:38 PM
You didn't almost win s**t you didn't even make it past the 1st round and, if you did you didn't get farther than that. I'm not by any means making the sixers a better team but, we are no Minnesota get that right boy. I don't care if my horse is 2 inches higher I won't get off it to the likes of the twolves.

We lost to the Lakers in the Western Conference finals get it right junior. If the sixers were in the west they'd be kicking rocks with the same record as us, not the east where sub .500 teams can make the playoffs.

Hawkeye15
08-12-2010, 07:39 PM
ooooh your a tough one you and, top duech bag.

nah, but you have nothing in your posts with rational, and then attack a third party poster comment on the Wolves forum being active, and you bash the response. On top of that, I have seen nothing in your posts that would lead me to believe you deserve respect for basketball intelligence. So if you would like to actually debate basketball, than do so, or go away.

Hawkeye15
08-12-2010, 07:40 PM
How has Love earned the right to start over anybody what has he proven or are you just saying that because your all over his nuts?

give me your evaluation of Love's game please. I am interested to see what you are made of

Hawkeye15
08-12-2010, 07:43 PM
You give both players the equal amount of playing time and, you will see a huge difference. So I don't see where you say Alot when both players were in different situations.

again, you are posting in pure irrationality. Love has outplayed Beasley pretty easily since they both entered the NBA. Please show me how I am wrong here