PDA

View Full Version : NESN Article on the Jays

Tony Fernandez
08-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Sorry to make my first post on this board a brand new thread but I thought some of you might enjoy this article from NESN. I am a long-time lurker, and first time poster.

It seems Mat Germain thinks much of the Jays' chances going forward. It's good to see the team getting some recognition abroad.

Feel free to lock this thread if this has already been posted.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/08/slugging-blue-jays-dont-believe-they-are-out-of-playoff-hunt-yet.html

jon32
08-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Cant say that I have seen this posted, good read tho thanks man. Jays are gonna be even better to watch next year

Bob_at_york
08-12-2010, 08:44 AM
I am not sure who the guy is that they interviewed but I am doubting he is an expert. He sounds like he could be just a guy like us. Also I like how he felt he had to give the Red Sox some love because it was a New England outlet

torontosports10
08-12-2010, 09:09 AM
I am not sure who the guy is that they interviewed but I am doubting he is an expert. He sounds like he could be just a guy like us. Also I like how he felt he had to give the Red Sox some love because it was a New England outlet

First off, welcome to PSD to the new fella!

Secondly I agree it sounded like the guy was no more an expert than any of us. But I dont really think he gave out a lot of props to the Red Sox (I didnt read the end). He said we would be right with the Rays and Yanks if Doc was here (sorry but unlikely) and said we have a good chance to finish ahead of the Sox next year(unlikely). He talks about Cap Space, but I think we all know we wont be signing any big name FA this year(pointless until we are ready to compete).

fatkev78
08-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Sorry to make my first post on this board a brand new thread but I thought some of you might enjoy this article from NESN. I am a long-time lurker, and first time poster.

It seems Mat Germain thinks much of the Jays' chances going forward. It's good to see the team getting some recognition abroad.

Feel free to lock this thread if this has already been posted.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/08/slugging-blue-jays-dont-believe-they-are-out-of-playoff-hunt-yet.html

No need to apologize - welcome aboard & thanks for sharing!