PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else Sick of Dan Lebatard "latest comments about 4 team trade"

spreadeagle
08-11-2010, 06:14 PM
When asked about the huge trade involving the Hornents.Pacers,Rockets and Nets...he responded "There's only a few teams in the NBA that matter anymore so who cares" and then they moved on. Really? a trade involving Troy Murphy,Trevor Ariza and Darren Collison doesnt matter and isnt news worthy...ITS THE OFF SEASON this news was huge and im not even a fan of any of those teams.This is whats wrong with the "super team" mentality...with another one maybe forming in NY I hope the rest of the NBA still gets coverage. Its turning into the MLB real fast

OA SLAY
08-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Hes an idiot to start
with. Hes always gigling at his own comments cuz he knows how foolish he is and looks.

FakeBlackMamba
08-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Lebaturd is a clown first of all. He is all over Lebricks NuT Sack. who cares what he says.

Caution1011
08-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Dan Lebatard is a homer that's why he says those comments, but i still love him. This is a big trade, but does it mean CP3 stay??? idk if Trevor Ariza is enough for him to stay

69centers
08-11-2010, 06:26 PM
When asked about the huge trade involving the Hornents.Pacers,Rockets and Nets...he responded "There's only a few teams in the NBA that matter anymore so who cares" and then they moved on. Really? a trade involving Troy Murphy,Trevor Ariza and Darren Collison doesnt matter and isnt news worthy...ITS THE OFF SEASON this news was huge and im not even a fan of any of those teams.This is whats wrong with the "super team" mentality...with another one maybe forming in NY I hope the rest of the NBA still gets coverage. Its turning into the MLB real fast

Link or source please??

ChiSox219
08-11-2010, 06:27 PM
I don't know that anyone liked him even before this summer.

spreadeagle
08-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Link or source please??

just saw it on PTI on ESPN,it was on TV so no link...just saw it bout 20 minz ago

Chronz
08-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Seriously, people have been sick of this guy from day 1. I dont know what he covers but its obvious the NBA isnt his forte.

_KB24_
08-11-2010, 06:32 PM
He's getting a little annoying ever since LeCHeat joined Miami.

blazerman
08-11-2010, 06:34 PM
I think that was a great deal for 3 of the 4 teams in that deal and if Dan Li basturd doesnt think that it was news worthy then what makes this fool think his punk*** comments are?

I liked the complexity of the deal and it helped out numerous teams, much more news worthy than LaJoke/Bosh/Wade

Khalifa21
08-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Yeah, LeBatard is a douche.

Caution1011
08-11-2010, 06:37 PM
JUMP OFF THE HEAT.. STOP HATING KUZ THIS ISN'T YOUR TEAM IN YOUR CITY THANX ;) "Lecheat" lmao.... Don't be mad when the Heat step on your team's floor and rapes them

jp611
08-11-2010, 06:40 PM
i never liked this guy in the first place... guys a complete clown

thescore53
doubble rainbow !!!!!!

seriously though he's a huge homer

Ollie Tabooger
yeah he took a shot at the Bucks yesterday, too. He has no credibility whatsoever with covering the NBA, and he's complete douche.

spreadeagle
08-11-2010, 06:42 PM
JUMP OFF THE HEAT.. STOP HATING KUZ THIS ISN'T YOUR TEAM IN YOUR CITY THANX ;) "Lecheat" lmao.... Don't be mad when the Heat step on your team's floor and rapes them

I wanst trying to make this an anti heat thread...im over it.Parody in any league is important...if 20 fan bases in the NBA arent getting the coverage they deserve,it will hurt the entire NBA

Caution1011
08-11-2010, 06:45 PM
yeah he took a shot at the Bucks yesterday, too. He has no credibility whatsoever with covering the NBA, and he's complete douche.

Because Michael Wilbon said the Heat have to watch out for the bucks. No offense but let's be honest they don't stand a chance.

AllKohn
08-11-2010, 06:46 PM

He's just saying what the rest of the world is thinking.

Mr Moody
08-11-2010, 06:49 PM
It was an obv joke if you watched the show. Don't over react

Caution1011
08-11-2010, 06:52 PM
I wanst trying to make this an anti heat thread...im over it.Parody in any league is important...if 20 fan bases in the NBA arent getting the coverage they deserve,it will hurt the entire NBA

I don't hate on anyone's team. What for??? Espn is like that they love the big names and they are super big homers, but i can't hate because when the Heat were never on Espn I use to hate on Espn. Now lol.... We are on all the time lol. On a serious note that was stupid comment by Lebatard, but it was a good trade for all sides.

heattiltheend94
08-11-2010, 06:59 PM
I don't hate on anyone's team. What for??? Espn is like that they love the big names and they are super big homers, but i can't hate because when the Heat were never on Espn I use to hate on Espn. Now lol.... We are on all the time lol. On a serious note that was stupid comment by Lebatard, but it was a good trade for all sides.

:clap: Felt the same way. ESPN gives waaaay too much attention for MLB and not enough for basketball unless if Kobe or LeBron is talked about. Its not fair to small franchises (like we used to be). Some game recaps would be for ten seconds.

MrfadeawayJB
08-11-2010, 07:00 PM
does anyone still care about mlb?

DWills
08-11-2010, 07:05 PM
i mean seriously only fantasy team owners would really care about this......his comments were spot on.....none of those teams are winning anything this year.....there's like 4 teams in the nba that have a legit shot of winning.....and those 4 arent even the convo, so yea, really nobody cares

Gators123
08-11-2010, 07:08 PM

Yeah, I saw that too.

He does come off as a *******

spreadeagle
08-11-2010, 07:19 PM
It was an obv joke if you watched the show. Don't over react

You know that he actually does think that though..he shouldnt cover NBA

ElMarroAfamado
08-11-2010, 07:27 PM

Calm down Cavs fan from last year...you will go through the season with all his joy and expectations just to have lebrick "rapes" your hopes and dreams with an early exit ...we will see you then...
'
but anyway...dan lebetard has always been cool imo opinion but yeah he has been rather annoying as of late

i hate jay mariotti more tho
i dont understand why he is still o ntelevision :facepalm:

spreadeagle
08-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Calm down Cavs fan from last year...you will go through the season with all his joy and expectations just to have lebrick "rapes" your hopes and dreams with an early exit ...we will see you then...
'
but anyway...dan lebetard has always been cool imo opinion but yeah he has been rather annoying as of late

i hate jay mariotti more tho
i dont understand why he is still o ntelevision :facepalm:

Mariotti is tha worst !

spreadeagle
08-11-2010, 07:33 PM
:clap: Felt the same way. ESPN gives waaaay too much attention for MLB and not enough for basketball unless if Kobe or LeBron is talked about. Its not fair to small franchises (like we used to be). Some game recaps would be for ten seconds.

I hate waiting for my team and then the clip is like one jump shot followed by the score...its way worst here in Canada..you hafta sit through 45 mins of Hockey highlights followed by 2 minutes of entire NBA..thank god for internet

OA SLAY
08-11-2010, 07:53 PM
I hate waiting for my team and then the clip is like one jump shot followed by the score...its way worst here in Canada..you hafta sit through 45 mins of Hockey highlights followed by 2 minutes of entire NBA..thank god for internet

And that 2 min is only raptor related

29$JerZ
08-11-2010, 07:57 PM
He's a huge homer imo, its okay to show some loyalty to your home team but for his job it isn't. Oh well.

Master Mind
08-11-2010, 09:23 PM
All beat writers are homers...

oak2455
08-11-2010, 09:30 PM
He's that sweaty fat guy.....who smells of *** cheese:facepalm:

sargon21
08-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Lebatard is an idiot, and to someone who said he was joking, he was completely serious - check the tape

kingcanadian409
08-11-2010, 09:40 PM
I hate the guy all together. Lol

BALLER71
08-11-2010, 09:41 PM
LOL. The people who are saying he's a a huge homer. OMG, you could not be more incorrect. I love the guy, because like me, who thoroughly enjoy bashing the Dolphins, Heat, and Marlins.

So please. Actually read some of his articles or listen to him in the radio. I'm sure you Lakers fans in California listen to Lebatard :rolleyes:

Derick713
08-11-2010, 09:47 PM
The trade was pretty significant if you understand the NBA. D-Wade isn't the most durable player in the world. If D-Wade was healthy during the 1st and 3rd years of the Shaq/Wade era then the Heat could have 3 titles instead of one. Right now the Heat are the team to beat in the East until the new big 3's option year comes into play. No team can amass the needed talent to defend and compete with the Heat.

The Pacers and Hornets are now very interesting teams. The Pacers have built a good young core with Collison, Granger, Stephenson, George, and Hibbert. Trevor Ariza gives the Hornets a much needed shot of youth, athleticism, defense, and intangibles.

Showmeyourtds
08-11-2010, 09:47 PM
I have an issue with people saying that talking about teams that in your opinion don't have a chance to win is unnecessary. There are fan bases for all teams and they would appreciate a little bit of coverage just as much as the most popular teams fan bases. They probably get 2 minutes of coverage in the off-season and get excited to hear about the state of the franchise and then it gets skipped, I would be angry. I am a lakers fan and I get to see plenty of coverage, but to say since another team isn't as successful and makes a significant acquisition but it doesn't matter is ridiculous.

chicagocubsfan
08-11-2010, 10:04 PM
bill simmons was the same way with the original big 3, so stop complaining. I kind of like lebatard, but he can get a little over excited some times.

spreadeagle
08-11-2010, 10:10 PM
I have an issue with people saying that talking about teams that in your opinion don't have a chance to win is unnecessary. There are fan bases for all teams and they would appreciate a little bit of coverage just as much as the most popular teams fan bases. They probably get 2 minutes of coverage in the off-season and get excited to hear about the state of the franchise and then it gets skipped, I would be angry. I am a lakers fan and I get to see plenty of coverage, but to say since another team isn't as successful and makes a significant acquisition but it doesn't matter is ridiculous.

Agreed..this is the best thing to happen to the pacers since Granger..they will be solid this yr...They have a loyal fanbase show em some love

spreadeagle
08-11-2010, 10:11 PM
The trade was pretty significant if you understand the NBA. D-Wade isn't the most durable player in the world. If D-Wade was healthy during the 1st and 3rd years of the Shaq/Wade era then the Heat could have 3 titles instead of one. Right now the Heat are the team to beat in the East until the new big 3's option year comes into play. No team can amass the needed talent to defend and compete with the Heat.

The Pacers and Hornets are now very interesting teams. The Pacers have built a good young core with Collison, Granger, Stephenson, George, and Hibbert. Trevor Ariza gives the Hornets a much needed shot of youth, athleticism, defense, and intangibles.

You should replace Lebatard!..im sure you would work for less money lol

Celtic AL
08-11-2010, 10:35 PM
All beat writers are homers...

not true! in boston we have this guy named Michael Felger and he hates boston teams 24/7 even tho he works in a boston sports radio station & works CSN NE

spreadeagle
08-11-2010, 10:45 PM
not true! in boston we have this guy named Michael Felger and he hates boston teams 24/7 even tho he works in a boston sports radio station & works CSN NE

lmao you guys have good sports teams whats his prob

oak2455
08-11-2010, 10:49 PM

Ok so Celtics Magic and Bulls go home the Heat are the best in the East:rolleyes:

ManRam
08-11-2010, 10:51 PM
It's funny that most of you actually really have no idea what he said...

It was during the Big Finish, or whatever it's called. He was asked who won that trade. He obviously only had a sentence to express his opinion, so he said something like "Who cares, there are only FIVE teams in the league who have a shot to win" and they moved on.

He wasn't being a homer. He said nothing about Miami. Was it pompous? Sure. Was it anything more than that? No. To an extent, he is right. This trade isn't really making any team really that much better, at least to an extent where they'll contend any more than they already are (or aren't).

And a HOMER? LeBetard is one of the most honest and blunt person in regards to the teams he covers. He bashes those organizations all the time (reasonably-so).

I don't see why a thread about whether or not we are sick of Dan LeBetard is NBA forum-worthy.