PDA

View Full Version : Nets: One superstar away from contending?

shep33
08-11-2010, 05:38 PM
I look at this team on paper right now, and we see a very young, very talented team:

Lopez
Troy Murphy/Favors
Travis Outlaw/Damion James
Terrance Williams/Anthony Morrow
Devin Harris/Jordan Farmar

So, say they add a Carmelo Anthony next season, if he decides to opt out. I'm not a Nets fan in any way, but they seem to be on the right path, and we have to remember that the owner is willing to spend over the luxury tax.

With a player like anthony on the team, that makes for arguably one of the top frontlines in the NBA, with Lopez, Murphy/Favors (still needs to develop), and Anthony.

Harris is still a very good player, although had an off year last season, and Williams is a player who is going to be capable of putting up very consistent scoring numbers at the 2 spot.

Basically, as the title is asking, are the Nets one very good player away from contending?

Mr Moody
08-11-2010, 05:42 PM
contending for a playoff spot....

netsgiantsyanks
08-11-2010, 05:46 PM
maybe.

thescore53
08-11-2010, 05:48 PM
no.

heattiltheend94
08-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Nope, they have a great young team and can compete with superstar maybe in 3 years.
Should of made poll

shep33
08-11-2010, 05:51 PM
contending for a playoff spot....

See that's what I thought at first, but this team is pretty talented and young.

Again, I'm not a Nets fan, but that frontline with Lopez and Murphy is pretty decent.

Murphy averaged 15 and 10 last year, and he's always been one of the better rebounders around. He shoots a high percentage from 3, so it won't disrupt Lopez inside.

Lopez went for 19 and 9 last season, and everybody knew he was getting the ball. Also averaged 1.7 blocks, so he is a presence in the paint.

I'm just saying, its going to be difficult to outreboud the Nets starting frontcourt this year, plus its not like they're no slouches on the offensive end.

Add in Harris who will likely bounce back, along with an improving Terrance Williams, a sharpshooting Morrow, and somewhat of a deep bench full of youth with guys like Favors, and the Nets almost seem like a well rounded team without one great sf/sg.

Tmath
08-11-2010, 05:55 PM
No too young

OA SLAY
08-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Has everyone forgotten NJN won like 12games last year:confused: Maybe I imagined it:confused:

Bishnoff
08-11-2010, 05:57 PM
I don't think much of Murphy, but when Favors develops they should be one superstar short of contending. They'll need to improve their bench in this time too.

Tqafg96
08-11-2010, 05:58 PM
No....just...no....

Niro
08-11-2010, 05:58 PM
i think a lot of teams are one star away from contending...i mean put lebron on a team and its an insteand contender ;)

JerseysFinest
08-11-2010, 05:59 PM
nice 2 get some love from a non-nets fan, but they still need a few more pieces to be in that CHAMPIONSHIP conversation. That's what we are aiming for anyway. If they got Melo for example, they probably could go as far as the ECF's, but hopefully they can use their assets to acquire a top player around the deadline, then get Melo, then yeah we're talking champs

heattiltheend94
08-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Has everyone forgotten NJN won like 12games last year:confused: Maybe I imagined it:confused:

Harris was out, and they got a lot of new players. Its like saying your Knicks won't be a contender with Melo because they won 29 games last year. Not exactly fair considering that your team got new talent.

JerseysFinest
08-11-2010, 06:00 PM

what does what happened last year have to do with what's happening moving forward?

Khalifa21
08-11-2010, 06:02 PM
No... A 1 year rental of a PF that plays no defense changes nothing. They'll be lucky to sniff the playoffs.

29$JerZ
Any Superstar can make a team a contender. Adding Murphy/Outlaw/Morrow are all solid, that's it.

Hustlenomics

celtics won 17 games before winning the title

heattiltheend94
what does what happened last year have to do with what's happening moving forward?

exactly

netsgiantsyanks
08-11-2010, 06:04 PM

:facepalm: i knew it wouldnt be too long before a dumb knicks fan comes with some bs

D2theJ
08-11-2010, 06:05 PM
The only fans that can say anything in here are Heat, Celtics and Magic.. because if the Nets added Carmelo Anthony to this team I guarantee that they will be the best team in the East after those 3. Williams looks like a star in the making, Favors in another year could be a beast, and you'd have stars in Harris and Lopez with Carmelo the superstar to bring it all together. Plus theyd have a very deep bench (Outlaw, Morrow, Farmar, James) and a winning coach.

JerseysFinest
08-11-2010, 06:08 PM
No... A 1 year rental of a PF that plays no defense changes nothing. They'll be lucky to sniff the playoffs.
playing under one of the top defensive nba coaches will improve his d. and the nets have a very good chance of making the playoffs, just like the knicks, pacers, etc

OA SLAY
08-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Harris was out, and they got a lot of new players. Its like saying your Knicks won't be a contender with Melo because they won 29 games last year. Not exactly fair considering that your team got new talent.

Exactly! And a new coach You need time to mesh. In no way am i hating. Theyre starting from the scratch!

PlezPlayDKnicks
08-11-2010, 06:12 PM
playing under one of the top defensive nba coaches will improve his d. and the nets have a very good chance of making the playoffs, just like the knicks, pacers, etc

I agree. You guys still lack that go to guy. But Ill give credit that Murphy def makes your team more solid.

D2theJ
08-11-2010, 06:13 PM

How did the Celtics win 24 games in 06-07 and 66 in 07-08? Getting star players will do that.

shep33
08-11-2010, 06:15 PM
the Nets are a very intriguing team to go to. This is why...

Obviously, their owner is going to spend as much as he wants in order to bring in the best players. On top of that, players become aquainted with the celebrity lifestyle (Jay Z and all). One of the most interesting aspects of the Nets, is that when they move to Brooklyn and change their names... superstars can become the face of a new franchise, in the great city of New York.

It's really going to be a cool opportunity for players to check out. If that one superstar goes there, like say a Melo, that team will be a top 10 team in the league easily, and the only team with more upside due to their youth might be OKC or maybe Portland.

It'd be interesting in how they match up with the Knicks (culture wise in NYC), and that'd be a really cool rivalry. Brooklyn has what 2.5 million people there... so its going to interesting seeing what happens. If they get a Melo, I really think a player like CP3 would follow. But obviously he has to opt out of his contract in Denver, while the Knicks present a pretty nice scenario for him there as well.

One thing I'd like to ask but It'll probably lead to the possible closing of this thread is this...

If CP3 and Melo went to the Knicks...would they be a better team, than if CP3 and Melo went ot the Nets? I'm not going to answer that, and I don't know if any of us here should either... but its something to think about. They'd definitely play 2 different styles, and really it'd almost be a coin flip to say which team would be better.

OA SLAY
08-11-2010, 06:15 PM
celtics won 17 games before winning the title

Oh yeah! How could i forget? So Outlaw could be like their Ray Allen and Troy Murphy could be their KG. I should really think before i post:confused: silly me!

Klivlend
08-11-2010, 06:17 PM
i think a lot of teams are one star away from contending...i mean put lebron on a team and its an insteand contender ;)

Ya, that's what I first thought when I read this threads title. Aren't most teams one superstar away? Isn't that what makes a superstar a superstar? The ability to to take over games when it counts the most and hit clutch shot? If a team has a player like that (i.e. Kobe, Lebron, Durant, maybe Roy, Dirk, Wade, maybe Pierce, Melo) doesn't that make them a contender?

Klivlend
08-11-2010, 06:20 PM
I don't know how you can vote 'no' on the poll.

Example: The current Nets roster is more talented than any roster LBJ played with on the Cavs and the Cavs were considered contenders. Add LBJ to the current Nets roster and they become instant contenders. Not sure how anyone could deny that.

cheetos185
08-11-2010, 06:22 PM

nah nah it's like saying your heats weren't contenders with wade :)

shep33
08-11-2010, 06:26 PM
nah nah it's like saying your heats weren't contenders with wade :)

That's the point I was trying to get across... Wade, Durant, Melo, Bosh, Dirk, Roy, CP3, D-will, etc. are all superstars on their respective teams...

The Heat were never considered contenders, the Mavs were a somewhat contenders, Toronto wasn't didn't make the playoffs with a "superstar"... so adding a superstar to create a contender is different than saying a superstar will make any team a contender.

xDaDefenderx
08-11-2010, 06:26 PM
not one but maybe a superstar and some other additions. im still wondering why the knicks fans are all so confident.

smith&wesson
08-11-2010, 06:27 PM
I look at this team on paper right now, and we see a very young, very talented team:

Lopez
Troy Murphy/Favors
Travis Outlaw/Damion James
Terrance Williams/Anthony Morrow
Devin Harris/Jordan Farmar

So, say they add a Carmelo Anthony next season, if he decides to opt out. I'm not a Nets fan in any way, but they seem to be on the right path, and we have to remember that the owner is willing to spend over the luxury tax.

With a player like anthony on the team, that makes for arguably one of the top frontlines in the NBA, with Lopez, Murphy/Favors (still needs to develop), and Anthony.

Harris is still a very good player, although had an off year last season, and Williams is a player who is going to be capable of putting up very consistent scoring numbers at the 2 spot.

Basically, as the title is asking, are the Nets one very good player away from contending?

Harris didnt have an off year, he was injured for most of it.

nycclipse110
08-11-2010, 06:29 PM
the nets are a really bad basketball team....

netsgiantsyanks
08-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Oh yeah! How could i forget? So Outlaw could be like their Ray Allen and Troy Murphy could be their KG. I should really think before i post:confused: silly me!

your dumb as hell

NYKalltheway
08-11-2010, 06:31 PM
the Nets are a very intriguing team to go to. This is why...

Obviously, their owner is going to spend as much as he wants in order to bring in the best players. On top of that, players become aquainted with the celebrity lifestyle (Jay Z and all). One of the most interesting aspects of the Nets, is that when they move to Brooklyn and change their names... superstars can become the face of a new franchise, in the great city of New York.

How do you do that?? THERE'S A SALARY CAP ;)

Second part, accepted.

It'd be interesting in how they match up with the Knicks (culture wise in NYC), and that'd be a really cool rivalry. Brooklyn has what 2.5 million people there... so its going to interesting seeing what happens. If they get a Melo, I really think a player like CP3 would follow. But obviously he has to opt out of his contract in Denver, while the Knicks present a pretty nice scenario for him there as well.

I'm pretty sure Brooklyn is a Knicks area. The whole of NY is a Knicks area. To a 95% extent I would say it is. I'm pretty sure the Nets/(new name?) would attract a few people just for proximity reasons, but I pretty much doubt they will form a Brooklyn FANBASE within the next 4-5 years, especially if the Knicks do land Melo and a highly rated PG.

One thing I'd like to ask but It'll probably lead to the possible closing of this thread is this...

If CP3 and Melo went to the Knicks...would they be a better team, than if CP3 and Melo went ot the Nets? I'm not going to answer that, and I don't know if any of us here should either... but its something to think about.

We can never know that and any answer would be completely biased

ntat
08-11-2010, 06:33 PM
They won like 13 games last year.

cheetos185
08-11-2010, 06:34 PM
That's the point I was trying to get across... Wade, Durant, Melo, Bosh, Dirk, Roy, CP3, D-will, etc. are all superstars on their respective teams...

The Heat were never considered contenders, the Mavs were a somewhat contenders, Toronto wasn't didn't make the playoffs with a "superstar"... so adding a superstar to create a contender is different than saying a superstar will make any team a contender.

bosh isn't a superstar ..dirk has proven time to time that he chokes in playoffs and shouldn't be called superstar

nycsports2
08-11-2010, 06:38 PM
2 superstars 1 if somebody turns out on the nets to be the other

heattiltheend94
08-11-2010, 06:40 PM
the nets are a really bad basketball team....

The record doesnt tell the entire story. Look at Celtics, they were 4th in east due to injuries, but they showed the nation by making it to the finals.

Slimsim
08-11-2010, 06:47 PM
This whole NJ nice young core is Overrated. If the Knicks fans talk about their young core after only winning 12 games everyone would call us Delusional. Nets young core is Over hype yes they have brook Lopez and Harris isn't even that young Terrance Williams had show flashes but is still a ? Favors is raw and they signed 3 role players that came off the bench on bad teams not including farmer. You add Carmelo and they become a playoff team but Not contenders.

SouthSideRookie
08-11-2010, 06:49 PM
The only fans that can say anything in here are Heat, Celtics and Magic.. because if the Nets added Carmelo Anthony to this team I guarantee that they will be the best team in the East after those 3. Williams looks like a star in the making, Favors in another year could be a beast, and you'd have stars in Harris and Lopez with Carmelo the superstar to bring it all together. Plus theyd have a very deep bench (Outlaw, Morrow, Farmar, James) and a winning coach.

:facepalm:

Hawkeye15
08-11-2010, 06:49 PM
for a playoff spot, yes. Favors needs to improve, as does Williams, and there defense has a long ways to go

tredigs
08-11-2010, 07:05 PM
If they add a superstar, it means they lost Murphey (he's an expiring, half the reason they signed him). Favors has monster potential, but I'd be pretty impressed if he has come far enough along to be an impact player next season, but if Terrence Williams comes along strong/they run him at the two and they pick up their ideal free agent in 'Melo - they'll have a lineup of:

PG: Harris
SG: Terrence Williams/Morrow
SF: Melo
PF: Favors
C: Brook Lopez

In 3 years that core may be able to contend, sure. A lot of big if's, though - and you can run this type of scenario with virtually every team. But hey, it's something to hope for if you're a Nets fan.

cheetos185
08-11-2010, 07:08 PM
only way they add a superstar is through trade which mean they will have to give up murphy and lopez or favors plus picks or they can always sign superstars past there prime next year AI shaq Tmac :)

tredigs
08-11-2010, 07:10 PM
To be clear I said no: They still need to develop, and need a few things to roll in their favor to be in that type of position (including the signing of a superstar - which for me Melo is on the lower echelon of - and they probably have less than a 20% chance of making that happening regardless).

AddiX
08-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Nets got a nice thing going, but Murphy is a FA after this year. And Harris is a question mark. I know he was injured last year but I've never believed in him as the kind of PG who is going to lead a team.

I really think they should of went after Granger. They need a scorer.

SNYmets86
08-11-2010, 07:21 PM
contending for a title or playoffs???

Klivlend
08-11-2010, 07:30 PM
contending for a title or playoffs???

I always thought the word contender inferred championship

MikeBrown30
08-11-2010, 07:32 PM
12 wins... enough said

netsgiantsyanks
08-11-2010, 07:40 PM
12 wins... enough said

DUMB ***....enough said

15carlos21
08-11-2010, 07:43 PM
isn't every team one superstar away from contending?

OA SLAY
08-11-2010, 07:44 PM
DUMB ***....enough said

did I hear a tear drop from ur eye?

RandyOreens
08-11-2010, 07:56 PM

Nets arent the same team!

All the bad players and coaches are bad
For the past 3 years the nets had the fewest coaches and scouts
They had a coach that never coached a day in his life
Now we have a great coach in Avery, a former coach of the year in Sam Mitchell another head coach for the bucks.
Bobby Simmons
Trenton Hassell
Jarvis Hayes
Tony Battie
Rafer Alston
Eduardo Najera
Keyon Dooling
CDR
Yi
Courtney Lee
Chris Quinn
Josh Boone

Thats 10 players that arent on the team anymore and we kept 4 good players
Harris
Twill
Brook Lopez
Hump

So how can you say its the same team?
When we kept the only good players on the team

Face it Nets are good again! :)

Showmeyourtds
08-11-2010, 07:56 PM
I love all the foolish haters in here. New jersey is slowly assembling pieces for the future and are doing everything the right way. With Murphy as a vet and a valuable trade piece they can make a move for a superstar at the deadline and if they have something left in the off-season and somehow get Melo I would have to put them in the top 5 in the east. Don't think they can win it all but there are always teams that surprise.

netsgiantsyanks
08-11-2010, 07:57 PM
did I hear a tear drop from ur eye?

no....that was me spraying on your girlfriend.:cool:

netsgiantsyanks
08-11-2010, 07:59 PM
i think the knick fans dont remember the nets whooping their teams *** for the past decade. or they dont want to remember.

greg_ory_2005
08-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Um...they don't need anyone else...

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519704

Evolution23
08-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Come one lets get real now... Harris and Lopez are good players but the rest of their supporting cast isn't anything to talk about. If they get another superstar and other good role players then maybe you can talk about contending.

RandyOreens
08-11-2010, 08:04 PM
I love when ever their is a Nets thread Knicks fans come in here because they are jealous of us and like cry when ever we get a player.
Sorry we dont talk about your young pieces oh yeah their is no young pieces. Danillo is garbage who never won anything. Atleast Brook Lopez with the Nets made it to 35 wins 2 years ago.

netsgiantsyanks
08-11-2010, 08:06 PM
I love when ever their is a Nets thread Knicks fans come in here because they are jealous of us and like cry when ever we get a player.
Sorry we dont talk about your young pieces oh yeah their is no young pieces. Danillo is garbage who never won anything. Atleast Brook Lopez with the Nets made it to 35 wins 2 years ago.

dont say that. thats just gonna make knick fans even more pissed off. even though its kinda true. knick fans overhype the **** out of him

29$JerZ
08-11-2010, 08:08 PM
dont say that. thats just gonna make knick fans even more pissed off. even though its kinda true. knick fans overhype the **** out of him

I don't see how a player is kinda garbage after 1 yr of playing. Every team overrates their players.

RandyOreens
08-11-2010, 08:09 PM
I just dont understand why they are so jealous of us because we ruled the tri state area for the past decade in basketball? You see no other teams hate on the Nets more than the Knicks. WHY? Hmmmmm must be jealousy!?

alencp3
08-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Harris-Williams-Melo-Favors-Lopez sounds good

MikeBrown30
08-11-2010, 08:15 PM
DUMB ***....enough said

yes im the dumbass because adding 1 superstar to the Nets will take them from a 12 win team to a 50 win team... no, the Nets won 12 games last year... 12 :facepalm:

RandyOreens
08-11-2010, 08:16 PM
yes im the dumbass because adding 1 superstar to the Nets will take them from a 12 win team to a 50 win team... no, the Nets won 12 games last year... 12 :facepalm:

They lost 12 players from last year ....12 :facepalm:

So yes they will be good this year dont be mad!

What are you a Cavs fan I can say this now they wont win many more then 12....12

OA SLAY
08-11-2010, 08:19 PM

People aren't hating on nets they're just stating they have alot of work to do with or without another asset.we have yet to see them play How much better can they be with new everything ....so get over urself..... and Yes I will accept your apology after they only win 30 games and you feel like a total fool

nanablvd
08-11-2010, 08:20 PM
With Troy's expiring contract they still have the flexibility to tweak their roster next season. Their owner is heading toward the direction he envisions, that is to win in 5 years. I say they will at least be very competitive in 5 years.

D2theJ
08-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Come one lets get real now... Harris and Lopez are good players but the rest of their supporting cast isn't anything to talk about. If they get another superstar and other good role players then maybe you can talk about contending.

The Nets have plenty of other good role players now. Signing Outlaw, Morrow, Farmar and drafting Damion James gives them plenty of solid role players for a team that has other stars. I think Harris and Lopez can be considered stars, Melo would be a superstar, and Terrence Williams and Favors are stars in the making. They are a superstar away from contending, every other part of this team is solid they just need the one big play maker to bring it all together.

There are obviously question marks such as Harris' health and how much TWill and Favors will develop. But the Nets have an owner who is willing to go over the luxury tax so I don't think its out of the question to believe they will go hard after Carmelo and another star through free agency or trade.

vinsanity15jp
08-11-2010, 08:21 PM
all knicks fans do is hate because they cant talk about their own players because they all suck

RandyOreens
08-11-2010, 08:22 PM
People aren't hating on nets they're just stating they have alot of work to do with or without another asset.we have yet to see them play How much better can they be with new everything ....so get over urself..... and Yes I will accept your apology after they only win 35 games and you feel like a total fool

Okay I think your a Knicks fan so let me ask this, how are the Knicks going to win more games this year? Last year Amare could feed the ball to his 3 point shooters without a problem and like every player on PHX could shoot the 3. What makes us think with one superstar the Knicks can contend? They lost Harrigton and Lee who both averaged like 20 pts a game. Who will make up 40 pts for the knicks?
We both cannot speak for the season yet, we havent watched a game of the Nets or the Knicks. All I can say is why do you keep saying 12 games that should be embrassing to you!! Since Nets beat the Knicks twice. Thats 1/6 of their wins is against the Knicks!!

shep33
08-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Bah I hoped it wouldn't come to people arguing... I understand people are going to add in the Knicks to this conversation, but I was trying to talk more about the Nets, their future in Brooklyn, and how the addition of a star player (maybe leading to the addition of another star player) could create the face of a new franchise in New York.

I don't know (more likely I doubt), that a Brooklyn team would get as much love as the Knicks would get... but they have a very solid foundation right now and they'll have cap room for next year as well, to really create something 'sexy' in the league. It could be known as CP3 and Melo's team, or any 2 star players that would want to go there.

If they get 2 "star" type players, they will likely contend in the east, especially due to their age. If they wanted to trade pieces for a great player they could do that as well, I mean they can give up guys like Harris and Favors in order to bring in a high-caliber player in a contract year.

Sandman
08-11-2010, 08:27 PM
i dont know about contending, but the east would start to look like the west at the turn of the last decade.

MikeBrown30
08-11-2010, 08:28 PM
They lost 12 players from last year ....12 :facepalm:

So yes they will be good this year dont be mad!

What are you a Cavs fan I can say this now they wont win many more then 12....12

Actually I am a Bulls fan and happily will take the Central Division and 50 wins

OA SLAY
08-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Okay I think your a Knicks fan so let me ask this, how are the Knicks going to win more games this year? Last year Amare could feed the ball to his 3 point shooters without a problem and like every player on PHX could shoot the 3. What makes us think with one superstar the Knicks can contend? They lost Harrigton and Lee who both averaged like 20 pts a game. Who will make up 40 pts for the knicks?
We both cannot speak for the season yet, we havent watched a game of the Nets or the Knicks. All I can say is why do you keep saying 12 games that should be embrassing to you!! Since Nets beat the Knicks twice. Thats 1/6 of their wins is against the Knicks!!

You must have me confused with someone else or are putting words in my mouth. At no time did I mention the Knicks or am I trying to turn this into a who's better thread.

RandyOreens
08-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Actually I am a Bulls fan and happily will take the Central Division and 50 wins

Taking the Central Division probably
But 50 wins? Nahh

Derrick Rose is good
Boozer is good

I hope Bulls fans start talking about Boozer because when they bought up Noah last year it was annoying how Noah is an all star! What has noah done? He can rebound but cant really score. Hinrich is also gone.

Catfish1314
08-11-2010, 08:32 PM
One superstar away from contending? You could say that about a lot of teams.

OA SLAY
08-11-2010, 08:32 PM
But if anyone wants to make a wager I'm 100% sure the Knicks will be better then the Nets barring major injuries to either teams

RandyOreens
08-11-2010, 08:33 PM
You must have me confused with someone else or are putting words in my mouth. At no time did I mention the Knicks or am I trying to turn this into a who's better thread.

No I am not confusing you with anybody, so dont talk to me like im dumb. And whos better is Nets! :)

KickPushCoast
08-11-2010, 08:34 PM
bosh isn't a superstar ..dirk has proven time to time that he chokes in playoffs and shouldn't be called superstar

Dude dirk is an MVP of course he's a superstar. Why don't you watch a playoff game of his when he's dropping 30 on double teams. His team doesn't show up. And also related to the thread topic. Yes they have a great young core add melo and theyre looking really good

OA SLAY
08-11-2010, 08:39 PM
No I am not confusing you with anybody, so dont talk to me like im dumb. And whos better is Nets! :)

Put yo $ where yo mouth is.... A friendly 60$ should settle it. Ima man of my word

JerseysFinest
08-11-2010, 08:44 PM
But if anyone wants to make a wager I'm 100% sure the Knicks will be better then the Nets barring major injuries to either teams

i don't think it's necessary to go as far as wagering money, people are just talking. no one knows. maybe the nets will be better, maybe the the knicks will be better, we won't know until the season starts

RandyOreens
08-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Put yo $ where yo mouth is.... A friendly 60$ should settle it. Ima man of my word

Devin Harris > Raymond Felton
Twill > Toney Douglas
Travis Outlaw < Danillo Gallo
Troy Murphy < Amare
Brook Lopez > Ronny Turiaf

Nets Bench > Knicks Bench
Nets Coaching Staff > Knicks Coaching Staff

Bubba313
08-11-2010, 08:47 PM
I just dont understand why they are so jealous of us because we ruled the tri state area for the past decade in basketball? You see no other teams hate on the Nets more than the Knicks. WHY? Hmmmmm must be jealousy!?

LOl ruled the tri-state area? Then why the **** are you moving into our city?! To alienate your fanbase even more? I'm not a hater of the Nets or anything but the Nets feel entitled to something just because the Knicks have sucked lately. Were still one of the most popular franchises and just because you guys move into our city doesn't mean you'll be anything special. New York is our city and it always will be. Madison Square Garden is the world's most famous arena and hopefully soon the Knicks will be back to deserving it.

vinsanity15jp
08-11-2010, 08:48 PM
nets roster is better so they will win more games than the knicks

RCarlson85
08-11-2010, 08:48 PM
At this point, I think they would need more than just one superstar. I don't feel like anyone currently on their roster would qualify as a superstar. I'm not trying to bring the Nets down or anything. I think they have a great group of young players, but they need a few more years together before they will be contending, even if they added someone like Melo. They have a bright future, but Nets fans just need to be patient for a couple years because they are still really young.

Slimsim
08-11-2010, 08:51 PM

And your proud about that ?

RandyOreens
08-11-2010, 08:54 PM
LOl ruled the tri-state area? Then why the **** are you moving into our city?! To alienate your fanbase even more? I'm not a hater of the Nets or anything but the Nets feel entitled to something just because the Knicks have sucked lately. Were still one of the most popular franchises and just because you guys move into our city doesn't mean you'll be anything special. New York is our city and it always will be. Madison Square Garden is the world's most famous arena and hopefully soon the Knicks will be back to deserving it.

The Nets didnt move for a fan base, they are moving to Brooklyn which isnt that far so they will keep the same fans because Bruce Ratner the former Nets owner pushed for the arena to be built using his company. Thats the only reason he bought the team so he can get a team to play in an arena built by him and his company. Ofcourse the Knicks are popular. We will see in a couple of years because I can say we will be better. Amare is done in 2 years that isnt a future. Who are the Knicks future? Danillo ? HAAAA He wont be anything. O I forgot Toney Douglas the the next ALL STAR PG!!!! If it was so famous and everyone loves it wouldnt Lebron or any free agents sign with the Knicks? Amare signed with Knicks because no other teams wanted to give him a 5 year deal because of his health. Amare WASNT THE KNICKS CHOICE OF A FREE AGENT. They wanted Lebron and didnt have a plan to get him but just tell him he would be playing in NY!!! I remember if Lebron wore a yankee hat Knicks fans would be jumping up HES COMING !! He wore a yankee hat.

dre1990
08-11-2010, 08:54 PM
alot of teams are one superstar away from contention

Slimsim
08-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Devin Harris = Raymond Felton
Twill < Chandler
Travis Outlaw < Danillo Gallo
Troy Murphy < Amare
Brook Lopez > Ronny Turiaf

Nets Bench < Knicks Bench
Nets Coaching Staff < Knicks Coaching Staff

Fixed

NYtilIdie
08-11-2010, 08:58 PM

Thats because nobody cares about the Nets. Honestly does anybody even remember you guys making the Finals in the last decade? I forgot all about it until somebody brought it up in a thread awhile ago.

Even when we sucked we were still talked about more then you guys.

Sorry we dont talk about your young pieces oh yeah their is no young pieces. Danillo is garbage who never won anything. Atleast Brook Lopez with the Nets made it to 35 wins 2 years ago

Anthony Randolph is one of the most talked about prospects on the forum, Chandler gets praised, people love Douglass's defense and most posters want Danilo in any trade their team is involved in.

And last year he regressed to 12 wins, so whats your point?

netsgiantsyanks
08-11-2010, 08:59 PM
:facepalm:

whats so :facepalm: about it?? its true

Bubba313
08-11-2010, 09:01 PM
The Nets didnt move for a fan base, they are moving to Brooklyn which isnt that far so they will keep the same fans because Bruce Ratner the former Nets owner pushed for the arena to be built using his company. Thats the only reason he bought the team so he can get a team to play in an arena built by him and his company. Ofcourse the Knicks are popular. We will see in a couple of years because I can say we will be better. Amare is done in 2 years that isnt a future. Who are the Knicks future? Danillo ? HAAAA He wont be anything. O I forgot Toney Douglas the the next ALL STAR PG!!!! If it was so famous and everyone loves it wouldnt Lebron or any free agents sign with the Knicks? Amare signed with Knicks because no other teams wanted to give him a 5 year deal because of his health. Amare WASNT THE KNICKS CHOICE OF A FREE AGENT. They wanted Lebron and didnt have a plan to get him but just tell him he would be playing in NY!!! I remember if Lebron wore a yankee hat Knicks fans would be jumping up HES COMING !! He wore a yankee hat.

1. What makes you think in a couple of years the knicks won't be popular when we've suffered through 10 years of ******** just to be in playoff contention now?

2. You will be better if what? - Favors reaches his potential? T-Will reaches his potential? Devin Harris gets back to form?

Well looks like we have the same problem considering Gallo is 21 and entering his 2nd actual year. TD is not the savior but a solid backup. We have Azubuike, Randolph, Chandler, Mozgov, and Walker all possible contributors under 25.

3. Amare was our choice for FA. We make the deal with Amare to force Lebrons hand. If he really wanted to come he would of came with Amare as his Max. We all knew Bosh was going to follow his buttbuddy Wade and I'm more than happy considering Amare averaged over 24 and 8 the last half of the season and took his team to the WCF.

4. Stop acting like you know anything about basketball when you talk about the Knicks and mention Toney Douglas of all people. We have young players with short contracts with the ability to maneuver in Free Agency and position ourselves for a great future. Not saying the Nets don't, but don't attack the Knicks for no reason.

RandyOreens
08-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Thats because nobody cares about the Nets. Honestly does anybody even remember you guys making the Finals in the last decade? I forgot all about it until somebody brought it up in a thread awhile ago.

Even when we sucked we were still talked about more then you guys.

Anthony Randolph is one of the most talked about prospects on the forum, Chandler gets praised, people love Douglass's defense and most posters want Danilo in any trade their team is involved in.

And last year he regressed to 12 wins, so whats your point?

If nobody cares then why do you talk about us? So since nobody talks about us you have to? The only people that talk Knicks are the people laughing at their pathetic franchise or knicks fans talking about Lebron James. Anthony Randolph won like 20 games with Golden State so he must be great. I never hear a Danillo trade where people want him. Face it Knicks have nobody!

I dont remember Pacers, Sixers in the finals either they are never talked about because it isnt present time and they didnt win.

97'bulls
08-11-2010, 09:03 PM
No, they are not a superstar away from contending.

Slimsim
08-11-2010, 09:05 PM

Be realistic you can't talk **** after a 12 win season. The knicks won more games than NJ with less younger talent and a punch or stat padding Expiring contracts.

vinsanity15jp
08-11-2010, 09:07 PM
knicks also had an actual coach

NYtilIdie
08-11-2010, 09:08 PM

Because the dude said T-Will>Douglass when Douglass proved last year he was a better player. T-Will is immature and caused frustrations for the coaching staff with his style of play and even refusing to switch it up when they asked him to take less jumpshots.

Douglass is more clutch, better defense, quicker and is a better shooter.

Also Douglass is coming off the bench so the correct comparison would be Chandler and T-Will which is Chandler>T-Will because Chandler is more proven and is better then him in everything except 3 pt shooting.

So our bench is Douglass, Azu, Randolph, Mosgov and Walker>Farmar, Favors, Petro, and who ever the hell is on your team.

RandyOreens
08-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Be realistic you can't talk **** after a 12 win season. The knicks won more games than NJ with less younger talent and a punch or stat padding Expiring contracts.

The Knicks had David Lee and Al Harrigton.
The Nets had so many expiring contracts why do you think only 4 people are back from last year? Its not the seam team I wouldnt be talking if it was the same team that won 12 games. Its not! Atleast the Nets got a draft pick this year!!

Slimsim
08-11-2010, 09:09 PM
If nobody cares then why do you talk about us? So since nobody talks about us you have to? The only people that talk Knicks are the people laughing at their pathetic franchise or knicks fans talking about Lebron James. Anthony Randolph won like 20 games with Golden State so he must be great. I never hear a Danillo trade where people want him. Face it Knicks have nobody!

I dont remember Pacers, Sixers in the finals either they are never talked about because it isnt present time and they didnt win.

This is a thread about NJ am i correct ? So if a Knicks fan comes in and give their opinion about the Topic doesn't mean were taking Shots at your team Grow up.

RandyOreens
08-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Because the dude said T-Will>Douglass when Douglass proved last year he was a better player. T-Will is immature and caused frustrations for the coaching staff with his style of play and even refusing to switch it up when they asked him to take less jumpshots.

Douglass is more clutch, better defense, quicker and is a better shooter.

Also Douglass is coming off the bench so the correct comparison would be Chandler and T-Will which is Chandler>T-Will because Chandler is more proven and is better then him in everything except 3 pt shooting.

So our bench is Douglass, Azu, Randolph, Mosgov and Walker>Farmar, Favors, Petro, and who ever the hell is on your team.

Anthony Morrow- Lead the league in 3 pt % 2 years ago

All those guys on your bench havent won anything in their career, Walker sat on the bench on Boston so he doesnt count.

Bubba313
08-11-2010, 09:13 PM
The Nets had so many expiring contracts why do you think only 4 people are back from last year? Its not the seam team I wouldnt be talking if it was the same team that won 12 games. Its not! Atleast the Nets got a draft pick this year!!

LOL Al Harrington is a poor man's Zach Randolph = biggest black hole

David Lee, although a player I will always love played 0 defense. And gave up more than he could contribute. Definetly happy with Amare.

Oh yea and at least the Nets spent their cap room on Travis Outlaw, Jordan Farmar, and Anthony Morrow. Don't attack the Knicks not having a pick considering we picked up Amare and Ray Felton. Yes, Favors will be good but don't act like our off-season was not better than yours. Plus we did have a draft pick, three actually in Rautins, Fields, and Jordan

Fields looking like a solid player.

Slimsim
08-11-2010, 09:13 PM

You do Know the Knicks had a second round Player who out perform Majority of the lottery picks in the summer league.

netsgiantsyanks
08-11-2010, 09:14 PM

with 2 of them going aganist your team. and also, our team was injured for a good part of the year. i think only 8 players were dressed for a good 2 weeks, and they fought their ***** off. and we were in close games all year long. just couldnt finish. so be quiet if you dont know what your talking about.

Slimsim
08-11-2010, 09:15 PM

All those guys on your bench havent won anything in their career, Walker sat on the bench on Boston so he doesnt count.

So you think the nets are going to win a championship because farmer has 2 rings ? :facepalm:

ball4reel
08-11-2010, 09:15 PM
yes the nets are one superstar away from being a contender, But what superstar wants to play in N.J.? Lets revisit this when they move to BK and change there name.

RandyOreens
08-11-2010, 09:20 PM
yes the nets are one superstar away from being a contender, But what superstar wants to play in N.J.? Lets revisit this when they move to BK and change there name.

Thats crazy how its all about where they play...but anyway there is nothing wrong with New Jersey considering how all the Yankees live in NJ all the Knicks live in NJ. Jayz, Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, Britney Spears, Rev Run, Juelz Santana, Diddy, Fabalous all live in NJ in the same county that the Nets last season played in. I am sure Carmelo would rather play for his home town in Brooklyn and define a new team that he can call his own.

Slimsim
08-11-2010, 09:22 PM
with 2 of them going aganist your team. and also, our team was injured for a good part of the year. i think only 8 players were dressed for a good 2 weeks, and they fought their ***** off. and we were in close games all year long. just couldnt finish. so be quiet if you dont know what your talking about.

Your talking like your nets just went to the NBA finals. Until they get a record that's not in the teens you shouldn't be talking about anyone else team.

NYtilIdie
08-11-2010, 09:27 PM

I never talk about the Nets, but when you guys bash us every chance you get then im going to bring you guys up. Pathetic franchise? We've been to the Finals 6 times, won twice and was one of the most liked teams in the late 80's to the late 90's. One bad decade and we're "pathetic"? Tell me how's your guys championship case looking? Were more talked about because we're from New York people rather talk about a NY team then a dead city called NJ which is exactly why you guys are moving to Brooklyn so the casual fan will finally reconize you.

So what if Anthony Randolph won 20 games, they didn't focus their offense around him so you can't put the blame on him. He was the 4th guy on their offense behind Azu, Ellis and Curry. So if wins matter so much to you I guess we can call Brook Lopez a loser since he was one of the main offensive weapons you guys ran the offense through and he only won 12 games. Really? Go ask T'Wolve fans on who they want if they were to trade Rubio to the Knicks.

If you don't remember the 76ers making the Finals then I guess your basketball history doesn't go far back. They gave the Lakers their only lose that post-season and A.I. dropped 41 points in Game 1 and did the famous "step" over Tyronne Lue.

The reason nobody remembers you guys in The Finals is because you guys didn't put up a fight, you got sweeped in your first Finals and you let Duncan get a quadruple-double against you guys which the only reason people remember you guys being in The Finals.

ball4reel
08-11-2010, 09:28 PM
All the stars do not live in NJ alot of them live in westchester and the one's that do live in NJ is because it is cheaper to live.

RandyOreens
08-11-2010, 09:31 PM
I never talk about the Nets, but when you guys bash us every chance you get then im going to bring you guys up. Pathetic franchise? We've been to the Finals 6 times, won twice and was one of the most liked teams in the late 80's to the late 90's. One bad decade and we're "pathetic"? Tell me how's your guys championship case looking? Were more talked about because we're from New York people rather talk about a NY team then a dead city called NJ which is exactly why you guys are moving to Brooklyn so the casual fan will finally reconize you.

So what if Anthony Randolph won 20 games, they didn't focus their offense around him so you can't put the blame on him. He was the 4th guy on their offense behind Azu, Ellis and Curry. So if wins matter so much to you I guess we can call Brook Lopez a loser since he was one of the main offensive weapons you guys ran the offense through and he only won 12 games. Really? Go ask T'Wolve fans on who they want if they were to trade Rubio to the Knicks.

If you don't remember the 76ers making the Finals then I guess your basketball history doesn't go far back. They gave the Lakers their only lose that post-season and A.I. dropped 41 points in Game 1 and did the famous "step" over Tyronne Lue.

The reason nobody remembers you guys in The Finals is because you guys didn't put up a fight, you got sweeped in your first Finals and you let Duncan get a quadruple-double against you guys which the only reason people remember you guys being in The Finals.

Well ask Tim Donaghy that since its been talked about the refs wanted the Lakers to win. What makes you think Randolph will be built around? Everytime the Knicks get someone they go crazy. I remember Larry Hughes was going to be awesome for the Knicks he was going to take them back on track. Same with Harrigton and Tmac!

fadedmario
08-11-2010, 09:33 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::laugh:

Nets will improve by 8 wins this year. That will give them 20 wins. They are going to contend for the first pick next year. That's it. :facepalm:

RandyOreens
All the stars do not live in NJ alot of them live in westchester and the one's that do live in NJ is because it is cheaper to live.

Yes Alpine New Jersey average home 4.4 million and NJ having highest income taxes is cheaper? Go to school get an education nobody lives in those little houses next to each other in NY but a bunch of poor hood rats. Everyone lives here because its nice!!!! People like living in the suburbs!

VinceCarter

No, we all know that and all of the knowledgable NBA followers know how to look deeper.

For you...:facepalm:

Highlight
08-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Being one superstar away from contending could be said about a lot of teams.

netsgiantsyanks
08-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Your talking like your nets just went to the NBA finals. Until they get a record that's not in the teens you shouldn't be talking about anyone else team.

:facepalm: you didnt get the point of that post did you??? im done with you

NYtilIdie
08-11-2010, 09:36 PM

But what has he won? Since you love bringing up wins so much tell what makes Morrow so special since he hasn't won anything?

Led the league in 3 pt% 2 years ago thats key part of that whole sentence.

So just because Farmar rode the coatails of Kobe, Gasol, Bynum and Artest to 2 Rings makes him better then our entire bench? Favors hasn't proved anything and Petro is a scrub. Azu is a terrific defender, great 3pt shooter and GS fans did nothing but praise him when he was traded to us, Walker dropped numerous 20 pt. games when he arrived in NY, Douglass has proved he was clutch, great shooter and a great defender, Randolph has the same potential to be something great like Lopez possibly even better, he's athletic and can rebound.

Im not even mentioning Mosglov because he hasn't proven anything yet.

So yes, Knicks bench>Nets bench.

netsgiantsyanks
08-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Yes Alpine New Jersey average home 4.4 million and NJ having highest income taxes is cheaper? Go to school get an education nobody lives in those little houses next to each other in NY but a bunch of poor hood rats. Everyone lives here because its nice!!!! People like living in the suburbs!

im sorry but what does have to do with anything?? and dont bash new york, its a great place to live in. its just the knicks. lol

RandyOreens
08-11-2010, 09:37 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::laugh:

Nets will improve by 8 wins this year. That will give them 20 wins. They are going to contend for the first pick next year. That's it. :facepalm:

I dont know why we always have this discssion with each other
No you are mad because another team is passing the pistons and they resigned Ben Wallace. You are not in this conversation you already lose! Detriot is done!! I like Stuckey thats it

oak2455
08-11-2010, 09:42 PM

29---- 12 big difference btw injuries happen in all sports cant wait for Heat excuses......:eyebrow:

ball4reel
08-11-2010, 09:43 PM
So now alpine NJ is the nicest place to live, thats funny, All was said is that There are no superstars that want to play in NJ.Just remember We have condo's In Manhattan that are worth more then 4.4mill so we will keep our hood rats and you keep your sewage

VinceCarter
08-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Fixed

Did you just say Devin Harris=Raymond Felton?!?! :facepalm:

RandyOreens
08-11-2010, 09:45 PM
So now alpine NJ is the nicest place to live, thats funny, All was said is that There are no superstars that want to play in NJ.Just remember We have condo's In Manhattan that are worth more then 4.4mill so we will keep our hood rats and you keep your sewage

It actually is the nicest place to live its was actually rated number 1 in nicest places to live. You can look it up!!!
NY is nice to visit not live

Slimsim
08-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Did you just say Devin Harris=Raymond Felton?!?! :facepalm:

They are both Second tier PG.

NYtilIdie
08-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Well ask Tim Donaghy that since its been talked about the refs wanted the Lakers to win. What makes you think Randolph will be built around? Everytime the Knicks get someone they go crazy. I remember Larry Hughes was going to be awesome for the Knicks he was going to take them back on track. Same with Harrigton and Tmac!

Oh, please only King fans can use that as an excuse, fact is the Lakers were the better more dominant squad then the Nets. I never said Randolph would be the focus of the offense I said you can't blame Randolph for GS only having 20 wins because he was the 4th option on offense. Randolph will be one of our cornerstones, but not someone we'll run the offense through thats why we have Amare.

Larry Hughes was good for us, he helped us get a winning record in December last year, but just went back into a funk when he got injured then he fell out of rotation. We never thought Harrington was going to "take us back" as you claim, he had a low basketball IQ, was a blackhole and didn't play defense. Same with T-Mac, he had one good game but we never claimed he would be our savior, he just played the leader role which is all we asked for him to do.

We never went crazy over the trades we made because they were nothing more then 2 year-1 year rental.

Slimsim
08-11-2010, 09:48 PM
It actually is the nicest place to live its was actually rated number 1 in nicest places to live. You can look it up!!!
NY is nice to visit not live

So i'm guessing Newark And Camden NJ are Top 5 Vacation Spots ?

RandyOreens
08-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Oh, please only King fans can use that as an excuse, fact is the Lakers were the better more dominant squad then the Nets. I never said Randolph would be the focus of the offense I said you can't blame Randolph for GS only having 20 wins because he was the 4th option on offense. Randolph will be one of our cornerstones, but not someone we'll run the offense through thats why we have Amare.

Larry Hughes was good for us, he helped us get a winning record in December last year, but just went back into a funk when he got injured then he fell out of rotation. We never thought Harrington was going to "take us back" as you claim, he had a low basketball IQ, was a blackhole and didn't play defense. Same with T-Mac, he had one good game but we never claimed he would be our savior, he just played the leader role which is all we asked for him to do.

We never went crazy over the trades we made because they were nothing more then 2 year-1 year rental.

Okay well thats false
Anyway I am leaving I have better things to take care of...I win the debate I had better points and the Nets are just better.
So
YOU LOSE
GOOD DAY SIR!

VinceCarter
08-11-2010, 09:51 PM
They are both Second tier PG.

I wasn't aware Devin Harris had dropped a tier :eyebrow:

Even if he did it doesn't matter Harris is clearly better tha Felton.

Slimsim
08-11-2010, 09:56 PM
I wasn't aware Devin Harris had dropped a tier :eyebrow:

Even if he did it doesn't matter Harris is clearly better tha Felton.

top Tier

Cp3
D. Williams
Rondo
Rose
Nash

Harris is Good but he won't have his way with Felton Like he did with Duhon.

RandyOreens
08-11-2010, 10:00 PM
top Tier

Cp3
D. Williams
Rondo
Rose
Nash

Harris is Good but he won't have his way with Felton Like he did with Duhon.

Harris beat Felton twice this year so he might!!

VinceCarter
08-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Harris beat Felton twice this year so he might!!

And Harris had an off year last year (when he was playing).

He's definitely going to be more like 08-09 Harris than 09-10 Harris if he stays healthy. He's got a much more talented team and a great coaching staff.

ManRam
08-11-2010, 10:25 PM
This thread has been severely derailed.