PDA

View Full Version : Dumars needs to make a trade, Biedrins and Miller could be solid choices.

Sharkaac
08-11-2010, 12:02 PM
The Detroit Pistons have recently acquired Tracy McGrady, 31, at the veteranís minimum of $1.2 million. This free agent pick up is great for the team with a low risk/ high reward opportunity. By acquiring McGrady the Pistons add to the already log jammed Guard position, and it can be reasonable to assume General Manager Joe Dumarsí will need to make a trade to open those positions up.

Itís been long speculated that Dumarsí is looking to possibly move the expiring contract of Tayshaun Prince and/or the three year 25 million dollar contract owed to Richard Hamilton. If trading one or both of these pieces, I would hope the needs of a Center and a True point guard would be addressed. Look no further than Andris Biedrins of Golden State and Andreí Miller of Portland.

Both Biedrins and Miller had documented unhappiness with their rolls on their respective teams last season, and recently it was reported that Biedrins has taken jabs at the players and Warriors management. Miller a 34 year old veteran promised of playing time in Portland was upset when he was asked to be a bench player for the 09-10 season. His playing time picked up towards the middle of last season, due to other player injuries, but with a healthy roster Portland might be looking to move him.

The Pistons have players both the Warriors and Trailblazers might be looking for, Small Guards, Small forwards, and an expiring contract. The warriors have a better young team with acquiring David Lee but they need some veteran playoff experienced help after missing playoffs or being bounced out in the first round in the last years. Acquiring Prince, 31, would give them help at the small forward spot, veteran experience, and a much valued expiring contract. This would make Biedrins, 25, happy going to another team and give the Pistons a young center to go along with their highly regarded 2010 draft pick Greg Monroe, 20.

Portland, much like Golden state, could use a small forward and Hamilton, 32, could fill that need. While Hamilton is a true small guard, he has been known to play both positions, his scoring and play style would complement Brandon Roy in the back court giving Portland more options on offense. Miller, while older, would give the Pistons the true point guard they have been looking for since Chauncey Billups left.

The Pistons have not made a lot of noise in the 2010 offseason, but there is still a lot of time for Dumars to make some. While the acquisition of Biedrins and Miller would make the Pistons a playoff team they wouldnít make it past the first or second round of the playoffs. It would give the Pistons their front court of the future they have been looking for while giving the great fans of Detroit what they deserve; a playoff team and a bright future.

Written by Andrew

Chacarron
08-11-2010, 12:12 PM
I like Stuckey as your PG :shrug:

fadedmario
08-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Sounds good.

Gators123
08-11-2010, 12:14 PM
I don't mind him at PG, but he's more of a SG.

2_Trill
08-11-2010, 12:17 PM
I say Joe keep playing the waiting game and be patient, the offers are only going to increase when the season starts!

2_Trill
08-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Stuckey is good in my book too!

coloradobuff
08-11-2010, 12:20 PM
they will be lucky to make playoffs

fadedmario
08-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Prince and Hamilton's stock have gone up.

levignjw
08-11-2010, 12:21 PM

I agree.

IndyRealist
Rip Hamilton makes 3yr, $38M, not $25M.

awmathewsjr
Prince and Hamilton for Biedrins and Miller dosen't make the Pistons a playoff team, I'm not even sure it makes them better

Gators123
08-11-2010, 12:22 PM

That's not right either. His 3rd year is partially guaranteed.

cantstopthee
08-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Prince and Hamilton's stock have gone up.

doubt that.

IndyRealist
08-11-2010, 12:24 PM
I don't like Rodney Stuckey at PG. He's a SG masquerading as a point.

Gators123
08-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Rip Hamilton makes $38M over 3 years, not $25M. I think he's pretty untradeable.

Wrong again.

IndyRealist
08-11-2010, 12:27 PM
That's not right either. His 3rd year is partially guaranteed.

Well he makes that much until he's cut. But I didn't realize he has a partially garuantee.

TO Rapz
08-11-2010, 12:29 PM
acquire biedrins, i think he s solid to go along with monroe.

markbutter
08-11-2010, 12:34 PM

3rd year of his contract is only partially guaranteed.

As for the proposal, why do we need a 34 yr old PG? Doesn't help much with the learning curve for Stuckey as our PG.

As for Beidrins: sure he gets a double/double if not injured, but some of those stats come from playing Nellie Ball and the last thing we need is another rebounder who can't make his free throws.

The contracts of Rip & Tay become more valuable as we get near the deadline. Some team that is contending (Orl, Bos, Chi, Dal, perhaps the Clips lookingto the 7 or 8 seed) will need someone like Tay or Rip. Rip can get his points without having to pound the ball in the offense, a perfect fit for Dallas who wouldn't have to take plays away from Dirk, particularly since beubois won't be playing until late Nov or Dec. Pistons could send Tay home to Cali and he could mentor Farouq for a year, we get Jordan and trade exception back.

Joe needs to hang tight. At worst Tay comes off our books, signs somewhere else, SnT or we sign him for less and we open up a bit of cap space, as we're only ~300K over now.

VicRoyJr
08-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Plus they have Bynum who will want more minutes this season at PG, Somebody will have to play the 3 if they want Gordon, Rip and T-Mac on the floor at the same time, Joe D will have to make a trade to open up space at shooting guard, I'm sure he could use Rip or Prince as trade bait to try and bring a talented big man to the Pistons, but Rip's contract is too long, so Prince may be shipped out IMO

PistonsFan14
08-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Just got a text from NBA . com saying several teams are interested and Joe D is "intrigued" by several offers.

iFYouSeekAmy
08-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Warriors aren't trading Biedrins unless they get a Center back.
So if Biedrins is traded,then Monroe, Wilcox, or even Charlie V has to be traded. Biedrins has a hefty contract.. 9mil 4 years remaining. Prince would be a solid acquisition for the Warriors, but then again, Warriors need a Center in return.

Warriors have expirings in Bell, Gadzuric, Vladrad and Brandon Wright.

PistonsFan14
08-11-2010, 12:59 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Detroit-Pistons-trading-Tayshaun-Prince-?urn=nba-261679

just some additional info for who ever cares

Shahrose
08-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Would the bulls do Deng for Prince?

I think Deng is better than Prince, but I would love to get rid of his contract for Prince's expiring

PistonsFan14
So if Biedrins is traded,then Monroe, Wilcox, or even Charlie V has to be traded. Biedrins has a hefty contract.. 9mil 4 years remaining. Prince would be a solid acquisition for the Warriors, but then again, Warriors need a Center in return.

Not to make this a trade thread but this seems legit.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=25x9v38

I would do that with the option for the pistons to swap first rounders with warriors.

levignjw

Take your pick. They both suck dong.

PistonsFan14
08-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Would the bulls do Deng for Prince?

I think Deng is better than Prince, but I would love to get rid of his contract for Prince's expiring

I understand from a bulls standpoint. However, I would take Prince on a contending team over Deng.

Prince has been there done that and can buckle down on a Kobe type player.

Also Deng's contract is ridiculous. There is no way we would take that on, unless you guys threw in a first round choice and took on somone from our team (like a wilcox or charlie V)

Shahrose
08-11-2010, 01:13 PM
I understand from a bulls standpoint. However, I would take Prince on a contending team over Deng.

Prince has been there done that and can buckle down on a Kobe type player.

Also Deng's contract is ridiculous. There is no way we would take that on, unless you guys threw in a first round choice and took on somone from our team (like a wilcox or charlie V)

Yea in that case i dont see it working out b/c we dont need wilcox or V. if anything MAYBE wilcox, but i cant see it getting done

PistonsFan14
08-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Yea in that case i dont see it working out b/c we dont need wilcox or V. if anything MAYBE wilcox, but i cant see it getting done

Yeah me either.

heattiltheend94
08-11-2010, 01:31 PM
just did this in trade machine.
Pistons get Carter, Bass, 1st rounder
Orlando gets: Prince, Hamilton

This allows Orlando to move Lewis to 4 where he prospers. Carter's contract has one more year, so doesn't hamper Detroit, and allows to get out of Hamilton long term deal. This would allow Detroit to get young talent in Bass and 1st, and get bright future with more cap room for next year. This would make Orlando a very big threat to Heat and Lakers.

8allin
08-11-2010, 01:58 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=28xkpu5

Pistons
Stuckey/(Adkins?)
Gordon/Miles
Jerebko/McGrady/Summers
Brand/Villenueva
Okur/Wallace/Maxiell

KaganRS
08-11-2010, 02:21 PM
just did this in trade machine.
Pistons get carter, bass, 1st rounder
orlando gets: Prince, hamilton

this allows orlando to move lewis to 4 where he prospers. Carter's contract has one more year, so doesn't hamper detroit, and allows to get out of hamilton long term deal. This would allow detroit to get young talent in bass and 1st, and get bright future with more cap room for next year. This would make orlando a very big threat to heat and lakers.

lol

Sharkaac
08-11-2010, 05:50 PM
I would also like to point out that the Hornets are just going through with a Trade leaving only 2 guards on their roster; Marcus Thornton and Chris Paul. This might lead to picking up Emeka Okafor for Rip Hamilton. This would be great for NO and good for the Det.

djeller1139
08-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Biedrins + Someone for Prince/Rip + Monroe

Gators123
08-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Biedrins + Someone for Prince/Rip + Monroe

No thanks. Chances of Monroe being traded are slim to none.

heattiltheend94
08-11-2010, 05:55 PM
I would also like to point out that the Hornets are just going through with a Trade leaving only 2 guards on their roster; Marcus Thornton and Chris Paul. This might lead to picking up Emeka Okafor for Rip Hamilton. This would be great for NO and good for the Det.
That would be good, but then NO needs a Center. If pistons added Maxiell, then I guess it could work.

Sharkaac
08-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Also, I would like to clarify trading Prince for Biedrins, and Hamilton for Miller, would need other pieces. It wasn't meant to be a straight up trade. I also think there are some other solid alternatives you have all suggested. I just felt those two trades would be possible and not be a "Dream" trade like Hamilton for Chris Paul and David West or something! haha

Sharkaac
08-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Yeah, including Maxiell would probably been necessary in most of the trade scenarios.

djeller1139
08-11-2010, 06:13 PM
No thanks. Chances of Monroe being traded are slim to none.

Don't see the point in trading for Biedrins then. He has 4 years left and a 9mil/year contract and is only 24...It'd be worse to sit on that deal and start Monroe, you'd be better off letting Prince expire.

Prince and Monroe makes sense - Prince is expiring, and Monroe is a replacement. Biedrins + could include Brandan Wright, trade exception(s), and/or pick(s). I think it's a really good match, I've preached this since before the draft even.

fadedmario
08-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Don't see the point in trading for Biedrins then. He has 4 years left and a 9mil/year contract and is only 24...It'd be worse to sit on that deal and start Monroe, you'd be better off letting Prince expire.

Prince and Monroe makes sense - Prince is expiring, and Monroe is a replacement. Biedrins + could include Brandan Wright, trade exception(s), and/or pick(s). I think it's a really good match, I've preached this since before the draft even.

Monroe has the potential to be a allstar. Biedrins is nothing more than a role player. Detroit won't trade Monroe. :facepalm:

iFYouSeekAmy
08-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Monroe has the potential to be a allstar. Biedrins is nothing more than a role player. Detroit won't trade Monroe. :facepalm:

He had All-star considerations 3 years ago. He's a double-double guy, as well.

iFYouSeekAmy
08-11-2010, 07:30 PM

And expirings.

theprince
08-11-2010, 07:55 PM
I think the Prince for Biedrins works for both sides. Pistons get a defensive big man who rebounds whilst Prince instantly becomes the best defensive player at Golden State plus they also get cap flexibility. There would be no need to send a centre given Lee is slated to play there but if we wanted to rid ourselves of Maxiell's contract we could throw him in for Radmanovic's expiring contract.

As for Rip I saw posted earlier a suggestion of sending him to either New Orleans or Dallas. With the Hornets recent trade it appears that cost cutting is no longer an issue so Okafor will be staying put. As for Dallas, a trade for Chandler and his expiring contract makes sense for both teams. Pistons get a defensive centre who rebounds plus cap flexibility whilst Dallas get the scorer they desire and can have Terry coming off the bench.

Now if the Prince trade goes down then perhaps Chandler is no longer needed and we look to somewhere like Sacramento or New Jersey who are screaming out for shooters who can give us young players, draft picks and cash in return.

If the Hamilton trade goes down first then I reckon you hold onto Prince until the trade deadline as he will only become more valuable and can continue to start for us in the meantime.

caddiemaster
08-11-2010, 08:20 PM
You can have beans!Will take either from you!

JWO35
08-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Nobody wants Andre Miller
I'll rather hold onto Rodney Stuckey...

B.JenningsMVP
08-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Thoughts??
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521749

Gators123
08-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Yeah, we don't need Miller. He's in his mid 30's

Lloyd Christmas
08-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Unless Brandon Wright can play center, I don't think the Warriors can trade Biedrins for Prince. It seems like a good trade and would leave GS with around 24 million in expirings, but nobody wants to sign a free agent deal with the warriors so what's the point?