PDA

View Full Version : #10 PG in the NBA? (Volume 3 Edition)

Mile High Champ
08-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Hey guys, Some of you may remember that for the last two years I have conducted a poll at the end of the season that had PSD users vote for the top 10 players at each position. Its is now that time to vote! I would like to start this up once more considering the NBA season is now over and we can get to this discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 2 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best.

PG Rankings DONT FORGET TO VOTE!!

1) Deron Williams
2) Chris Paul
3) Steve Nash
4) Rajon Rondo
5) Derrick Rose
6) Chauncey Billups
7) Russel Westbrook
8) Tony Parker
9) Jason Kidd
10) Tyreke Evans

2009 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
1) Chris Paul
2) Deron Williams
3) Chauncey Billups
4) Tony Parker
5) Steve Nash
6) Derrick Rose
7) Devin Harris
8) Rajon Rondo
9) Jose Calderon
10) Jason Kidd

2008 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
1) Chris Paul
2) Steve Nash
3) Deron Williams
4) Baron Davis
5) Tony Parker
6) Jason Kidd
7) Chauncey Billups
8) Gilbert Arenas
9) Jose Calderon
10) Andre Miller

Mile High Champ
08-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Poll is now up..

I would take Nelson, yes he was hurt last year but he is proven and plays very well on an elite team..

ManRam
08-11-2010, 10:10 AM
I voted Jam-Jam too. When healthy, he's our second best player. He's got amazing chemistry with Dwight, and his shooting and ability to get to the paint are incredible.

I love Curry and Reke, but I want to see them do a bit more first.

And I'm rarely a homer, but I'll be a homer here ;)

S-Dot
08-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Its hard for me to not go with Baron Davis, but I'm picking Brandon Jennings. What he and Bogut did for that Bucks team is pretty impressive.

Man I wish Baron reached his full potential throughout his career. Tough not seeing him as a top 10 PG.

Kashmir13579
08-11-2010, 10:12 AM
a few spots we didnt get to vote for. this list is faulty. there is no way rose is better than parker. not yet.

Mile High Champ
08-11-2010, 10:19 AM
a few spots we didnt get to vote for. this list is faulty. there is no way rose is better than parker. not yet.

What are you talking about? We voted for every poll except number 5. I skipped the one because Rose and Rondo got over 80% of the total vote. Parker had no chance of getting 5..

Fine you like Parker more than rose but the majority of PSD disagrees. Deal with it!

TO Rapz
08-11-2010, 10:29 AM
^owned. but i have to go with reke.

Minimal
08-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Stephen Curry. He finished the season beastly and will be top PG next year.

asyouknw3
08-11-2010, 10:35 AM
what? no love for mario chalmers?

b_russ
08-11-2010, 10:47 AM

:laugh:

arkanian215
08-11-2010, 10:47 AM
I went with Harris here but I think next year Curry will pass him. Devin has the edge on defense and gets 6 fta's a game. Whether it's the system that Curry plays in that makes him look like a worse defender is another question.

BOSTON617
08-11-2010, 10:55 AM

:facepalm:

dre1990
08-11-2010, 11:05 AM
you have tyreke evans on the poll 2wice

alencp3
08-11-2010, 11:09 AM
tyreke leads with 9 i guess

Niro
08-11-2010, 11:13 AM
stephen curry

DaBUU
08-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Jam!

J-Relo
08-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Should be Nelson. But probably won't be. Also Evans > Curry.

tcav701
08-11-2010, 11:25 AM

ew

BkOriginalOne
08-11-2010, 11:26 AM
How is Brandon Jennings not getting any love.

Tyreke is up there twice, so he is technically winning.

Felton is not better than Harris, BJ, Tyreke or Curry.

Khalifa21
08-11-2010, 11:38 AM
I voted Felton because I could... But seriously it's a toss up between Steph and Tyreke.

Steph is the better PG, Tyreke is the better scorer.

Kakaroach
08-11-2010, 11:41 AM
For me its between Devin Harris and Aaron Brooks, but I'll go with Harris as of right now.

Chacarron
08-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Derek Fisher cus I'm a homer. :D

Mr Moody
08-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Devin Harris IMO but it is so close

Avenged
08-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Going with Jameer Nelson again.

D-Will4Prez
08-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Derek Fisher cus I'm a homer. :D

^ Derek Fisher's last fan. :speechless:

YankeesNets11
08-11-2010, 12:49 PM
This year I'll take Harris, but Curry and Jennings will surpass him soon after.

Sadds The Gr8
08-11-2010, 01:40 PM
2 Tyrekes...so he should have 15 votes.

Hustlenomics
08-11-2010, 01:51 PM
this poll is fail

chris34
08-11-2010, 02:10 PM
If Lebron was still in Cleveland, there is no way that Mo is sitting out there with no votes 10 PGs deep.

tredigs
08-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Stephen "The Baby Faced Assassin". The last Team USA point left standing. "Oh but 'Reke was injured Tre". Tre don't be givin' a fyuk 'bout yo injuries mane!

Wet-Net Curry it tis.

AntiG
08-11-2010, 02:49 PM
What are you talking about? We voted for every poll except number 5. I skipped the one because Rose and Rondo got over 80% of the total vote. Parker had no chance of getting 5..

Fine you like Parker more than rose but the majority of PSD disagrees. Deal with it!

A lot of people would have voted Billups over Rose. Just look at how many complaints that were posted after you skipped over that vote. Bygones anyway, what is done is done, but it was kinda BS to do that.

Mile High Champ
08-11-2010, 03:32 PM
A lot of people would have voted Billups over Rose. Just look at how many complaints that were posted after you skipped over that vote. Bygones anyway, what is done is done, but it was kinda BS to do that.

If you dont like it, don't vote. I have skipped over polls in the past due to the results of previous polls. How did you expect Billups to beat rose? Was every person who voted for Rondo going to all of the sudden vote for Billups? Don't think so..

In poll number 4, Rondo had 144 votes. Rose had 91 and Billups 14. Rose and Rondo had 87% of the total vote. It was a simple decision to save time...Billups was not catching Rose..

AntiG
08-11-2010, 03:45 PM
If you dont like it, don't vote. I have skipped over polls in the past due to the results of previous polls. How did you expect Billups to beat rose? Was every person who voted for Rondo going to all of the sudden vote for Billups? Don't think so..

In poll number 4, Rondo had 144 votes. Rose had 91 and Billups 14. Rose and Rondo had 87% of the total vote. It was a simple decision to save time...Billups was not catching Rose..

Given that the majority of Rose voters are Chicago Bulls homers that would vote Rose over CP3 and Deron as well, it would have been VERY close, especially given that people that vote for Rondo tend to appreciate him for being such a well-rounded pure PG that Billups also is as well. That's 144 swing voters (58% of the voters) which the majority may have swung to Billups for all we know.

tredigs
08-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Stephen Curry is better than Devin Harris fellas - both last year, and going forward.

Such a better shooter, and came along amazingly well as an elite passer/playmaker as the season progressed. Harris is too injury prone, anyway - hasn't even made it to 70 games since the '06-07 season.

DaBUU
08-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Given that the majority of Rose voters are Chicago Bulls homers that would vote Rose over CP3 and Deron as well, it would have been VERY close, especially given that people that vote for Rondo tend to appreciate him for being such a well-rounded pure PG that Billups also is as well. That's 144 swing voters (58% of the voters) which the majority may have swung to Billups for all we know.

unnecessary Bulls fan bashing, hatred once again spouting forth from a Hater. Worry about Rondo looking awful for team USA and DRose clearly outplaying that lil alien looking mofo.

heattiltheend94
08-11-2010, 04:01 PM

He was being sarcastic:facepalm:

thescore53
08-11-2010, 04:01 PM

thescore53
08-11-2010, 04:03 PM
He was being sarcastic:facepalm:

i though to. but then i checked his join date which led me to believe he's dead serious

AntiG
08-11-2010, 04:03 PM
unnecessary Bulls fan bashing, hatred once again spouting forth from a Hater. Worry about Rondo looking awful for team USA and DRose clearly outplaying that lil alien looking mofo.

lol I'm certainly not a Rose hater, quite the opposite, I just wanted the vote to be done fairly.

Now the Bulls fan bashing... that's well deserved... as elegantly displayed by your comment. :laugh2:

BenFrank
08-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Aaron Brooks is better than Stephen Curry...

Steelers23_06
08-11-2010, 04:13 PM
i dont see how mo has no votes. yea he isnt the best but imo hes a top 10 pg. he did all he could in the last game for the cavs until stalling out in the 2nd half. but i dont see how the point guard of the team with the best record for the past 2 seasons doesnt get one vote aside from me.

MelkyNYY
08-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Is Rajon Rondo really number four on this list? You would think more would be required from the PG position than a guy who can't hit jumpshots and had one hot postseason stretch.

Good defender, good vision, can take it to the basket - fails at every other facet of the game. Baron Davis is a better player. So is Devin Harris. Can we try and not just focus on his one hot stretch in the playoffs?

tredigs
08-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Is Rajon Rondo really number four on this list? You would think more would be required from the PG position than a guy who can't hit jumpshots and had one hot postseason stretch.

Good defender, good vision, can take it to the basket - fails at every other facet of the game. Baron Davis is a better player. So is Devin Harris. Can we try and not just focus on his one hot stretch in the playoffs?

Hahahah... jokes? One of the elite playmakers in the game, elite rebounding from the point and can take it to the hoop at will (with efficiency). Add to that him being a top defensive point (the all league 1st teams weren't for charity in his case), and you've got yourself a top 4 point. And "one hot playoff stretch"?? I'm assuming you're talking about this year - so how are you so quick to dismiss the virtual triple-double he AVERAGED last season in their playoff run?

Baron Davis and Dev. Harris are better. Wow - got jokes.

Aaron Brooks is better than Stephen Curry...
Negative. I'd like to hear the argument though... I do like Brooks.

IversonIsKrazy
08-11-2010, 04:38 PM
I got Devin Harris for this spot. To be honest, I have him over J-Kidd, healthy Harris VS a current Kidd, I would rather have Harris, which is what everyone was saying a year after the trade. Curry + Evans still have to grow a bit more, another year under their belt they'll both be in the top 10. But for now, I would have Harris at #9, then Kidd at #10.

Harris will re-establish himself next year and prove that he is an elite PG again in this league.

tcav701
08-11-2010, 05:11 PM

Its not 2006 anymore bud...

VinceCarter
08-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Devin Harris.

Steelers23_06
08-11-2010, 05:16 PM

this comes from a fan that prob watches ONLY playoffs because if you watched the whole season youd see that alot of the times rondo was the spark that provided then energy. rondo has flourished while playing aside 3 HOFers just like everyone said he would. its been great watching he morph into the great PG that he is today.

X12Celtics3
08-11-2010, 05:18 PM
I voted Nelson... as good as I think that Curry, Evans, and Jennings will be later in their careers, I wouldn't pick any of them over Nelson and Harris quite yet. I think that all three of them are likely to be far better than those two, just not quite yet. I particularly like Jennings out of the group, although it seems the majority of PSD prefers Curry and Evans.

Purch
08-17-2010, 01:30 PM

:rolleyes:

millerandco
09-11-2010, 06:59 AM
how areJ ameer Nelson and Brooks even close?

Jays Claw
09-11-2010, 11:13 AM
I'd go with Devin Harris here.