PDA

View Full Version : Did the NBA schedule fewer back to backs to protect Kobe?

pcrawley
08-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Is the league scheduling fewer back-to-backs for the Lakers to protect Kobe Bryant?

Call me a conspiracty theorist all you want, but I think it's a reasonable assumption.

After all, it's not as though the Lakers are coming off a demanding season of back-to-backs--they had 20 last season, putting them right at the league average. And the distribution of back-to-backs is hardly equal across the league--more teams get screwed with high totals of back-to-backs than blessed with low totals (as you can see here).

Add to that the fact that Kobe has played nearly as many NBA minutes, 45,177 including playoffs, as Michael Jordan did at the end of his career, 48,484, and I feel there's reason to be suspicious.

http://www.neontommy.com/news/2010/08/nba-protecting-kobe-bryant

tredigs
08-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Let's assume the answer's yes, and it can proven (which it isn't, and it can't), what do you ultimately take away from it? That the league tries to cater to its superstars? This is already known.

And why is this aimed directly at Kobe, anyways? It couldn't be aimed at Tim Duncan? Yao Ming?

Dumb article.

ManRam
08-10-2010, 09:55 PM
No. I bash Kobe as much as anyone, but scheduling is tough...and the Lakers did not have an easy schedule last year. As a Magic fan, we might have gotten the toughest schedule of any team...but no way was the schedule made to benefit Kobe.

And being the resident Kobe-hater (withing objectivity), anyone that says otherwise is beyond the level of Kobe hating.

IamKaiserSoze
08-10-2010, 09:56 PM
silly, silly article

Faycem
08-10-2010, 09:57 PM
Because they screwed us 2 years in a row with so many back2backs, it's unfair not keeping screwing us this year? Pointless.

TO Rapz
:facepalm:

tredigs
No. I bash Kobe as much as anyone, but scheduling is tough...and the Lakers did not have an easy schedule last year. As a Magic fan, we might have gotten the toughest schedule of any team...but no way was the schedule made to benefit Kobe.

And being the resident Kobe-hater (withing objectivity), anyone that says otherwise is beyond the level of Kobe hating.

I thought this was my crown?!

But seriously, this is taking Kobe conspiracy to another level.

ManRam
08-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Okay. Closing this in 3....2.....1.

Conspiracy at its finest. If me and my man tredigs say so, it is so.

:love: