PDA

View Full Version : Cito: I'm Done After This Year

StealingSigns
08-10-2010, 07:36 PM
There was speculation amongst several members of the local media about Gaston's future this week. PTS even asked AA point blank if there was a possibility of Cito returning, citing a "no comment" from Cito earlier in the week when he was pressed for an answer. AA was fairly sure Cito would not be returning, but also said "never say never".

Finally, a definitive answer:

Cito Gaston says he's turned the page on the possibility of managing the Toronto Blue Jays in 2011 and doesn't see a point in returning for another season.

The 66-year-old's future came up again Tuesday after a radio interview on the MLB Network Radio in which host Jim Bowden told Gaston that he thinks "it's unacceptable that you step aside." But both during the interview and speaking later during his session with reporters, Gaston sounded like a man ready to move into the front office to serve as a consultant.

"In my mind, it's pretty final for me, I'm going to leave," said Gaston. "I've said it a few times, I think it's best for the ball club to get someone in here who's going to be here for a few years.

"If I was a little bit younger and going to be around for two or three more years, which I think that would be OK, then I'd probably be kicking and screaming trying to stay here. That's not the case for me. If I do come back, it would only be for one year, so what's that going to do for anybody? ...

"I'm ready to go. No problem."

Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos recently began their search for Gaston's successor by compiling a list of potential candidates from around the majors. Those names will later be narrowed down into a more manageable short list.

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=330134

nithanyo
08-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Didnt we all know this before the season??

bomber0104
08-10-2010, 08:45 PM
thank god

Jays Claw
08-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Yes! :dance2:

StealingSigns
08-10-2010, 09:07 PM

Just glad some decision makers aren't getting any second ideas...

BlueJayFanDan
08-10-2010, 09:27 PM
I have known this for months...

boilerguy2412
08-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Cito could play a valuable role as an advisor. I really think Cito knows the game, he just can't manage worth a crap. Great guy to have around to bouce idea's off of.

StealingSigns
08-10-2010, 10:25 PM
I have known this for months...

There were whispers that suggested otherwise these past couple of weeks here in Toronto.

1hardcore
08-10-2010, 10:40 PM
You could **** on Cito all you want !! I'm sure he can't hear because he's got 2 world series rings plugged into his ears :)

Happy trails old man :)

StealingSigns
08-10-2010, 10:51 PM
You could **** on Cito all you want !! I'm sure he can't hear because he's got 2 world series rings plugged into his ears :)

Happy trails old man :)

And good for him.

It ain't helping the present situation.

nithanyo
08-10-2010, 11:05 PM
I dont undrstand this cito hate. Sure i question his bullpen management sumtimes but other than that i havve absolutley no hate for him like most of the people here.

I remember he was the saviour until May of 09. Then he became equivalent to John Gibbons. I honestly dont get it.

People can say oh he bats Snider 9th. Well im sure Snider is happy to be in the majors and recently he has been moving up in the order

People can say he doesnt pinch hit rookies for vets. Big deal. Im sure he has a plan for it

People can say he doesnt bunt enough. Well im sure we wouldnt be leading te majors in HRs either

Spiderdan22
08-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Cito is the best manager the Jays have had since...well...Cito. And yes...he can manage...those that say he can't...show me your WS Rings.

scottythegreat1
08-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Cito is the reason Adam Lind, Jose Bautista and Travis Snider are actually playing the way they are. If John Gibbons had still been here, Jose Bautista would have been released, and Adam Lind and Travis Snider would STILL be in AAA or playing for another team.

The only thing I dont like about Cito is that he doesnt get ejected from that many games, I just like seeing certain managers get ejected from a game after having some of the arguments they do.

Asham
08-11-2010, 12:31 AM
Alrighity, next blue jays manager = Ozzie Guillen

1hardcore
08-11-2010, 12:59 AM
Alrighity, next blue jays manager = Ozzie Guillen

wont happen :P

MaHaRaJaH
08-11-2010, 03:18 AM
Yes....
Who could replace him?

Goalie31
08-11-2010, 03:41 AM
Cito could play a valuable role as an advisor. I really think Cito knows the game, he just can't manage worth a crap. Great guy to have around to bouce idea's off of.

I believe thats happening, im pretty sure that hes said that hes going to be an advisor.