PDA

View Full Version : Jays Supassed Expectations?

joshhorvath
08-10-2010, 04:28 PM
If this team can win 90 games or so, do you think there gonna be a hot topic at the end of the season with the fact the jays were supposed to fight the Orioles for last in the division. Insted... the Jays are only 8 games out of the Wild Card, and hey anything is possible, obviosly Halladay was bad luck for the team and we can now have 'fun'.. I just hope the americans can admit they were wrong with the 'expert predictions' they made, and how this was suposed to be a 90 lose season not a 90 win season.

jon32
08-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Ya they've clearly far surpassed most peoples expectations thats for sure. I havent even seen on many shows when they talk about the jays, about how they're doing very good and its a surprise......the experts said it.......but the "experts" will pretend it was never said haha cant admit they were wrong.

wamco
08-10-2010, 04:51 PM
the americans?

jon32
08-10-2010, 05:30 PM
the americans?

ya I shuold prob edit that to include some canadian "experts"

BlueJayFanDan
08-10-2010, 05:47 PM
I remember before the season most experts said we would be worse than the Orioles.

Zaunnie
08-10-2010, 06:10 PM
I wanted them to be worse than the Orioles so they'd get a good draft pick.

nithanyo
08-10-2010, 06:15 PM
There not gonna give a **** about us unless we make the playoffs. Were just gonna be like marlins who give the mets phils and braves a run for their money but we wont get recognized no matter what

BlueJayCarter
08-10-2010, 06:44 PM
If this team can win 90 games or so, do you think there gonna be a hot topic at the end of the season with the fact the jays were supposed to fight the Orioles for last in the division. Insted... the Jays are only 8 games out of the Wild Card, and hey anything is possible, obviosly Halladay was bad luck for the team and we can now have 'fun'.. I just hope the americans can admit they were wrong with the 'expert predictions' they made, and how this was suposed to be a 90 lose season not a 90 win season.

I don't even know how someone can throw Halladay under the bus now that he is gone.

He gave his heart and soul for 12 seasons with the Blue Jays and if we did not have Halladay some of those seasons would have been extremely horrible.

Will we get to 90 wins. Maybe. Will we make the playoffs probably not but there is a chance.

Will it change the projection that Americans state for the Blue Jays in the future? No. They will say it is a fluke until sustained winning seasons or a playoff season or a couple of straight playoff seasons before Americans change their views because in reality if we don't make it to the playoffs this season it will be the seventeenth season of missed playoff ball.

BlueJayCarter
08-10-2010, 06:46 PM
There not gonna give a **** about us unless we make the playoffs. Were just gonna be like marlins who give the mets phils and braves a run for their money but we wont get recognized no matter what

Should have read down before I posted my post.

ChongInc.
08-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Of course they have exceeded expectations. As will the raptors. Toronto sports seam to thrive on low expectations.

H-MYK
08-10-2010, 08:07 PM
I didn't think the Orioles would be the worst team in the majors.

2009mvp
08-10-2010, 10:52 PM
If they win 82 they'll far surpass my expectations. I'll readily admit I expected to see a last place team this season, what they've been able to do thus far really is impressive.

scottythegreat1
08-10-2010, 11:44 PM
ALMOST everyone but a True Blue Jays fan said wed be in last place in the AL East this year....well, I have to admit, I wasnt expecting them to be above .500 at this point, so yes, they certainly have done better than I projected.

wamco
08-11-2010, 08:16 AM
ya I shuold prob edit that to include some canadian "experts"

and europeans, asians, australians, africans and antarticans

JetLi
08-11-2010, 09:47 AM
I'd have to say the Jays are only slightly ahead of my predictions. Despite what everyone said, I felt they were a 85-88win team again...with of course injuries always playing a huge factor in the majors for or against every team. We have to admit, the Jays have had one of the least injury prone lists this year in a long time, I think it has to do with the youth movement, all the worn down, beat up bodies of 10 year veterans just aren't here taking abuse on the harsh Skydome floors...

MaHaRaJaH
08-11-2010, 10:01 AM
I remember before the season most experts said we would be worse than the Orioles.

This

TO Rapz
08-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Our youth movemement excites the **** out of me. :crazy:

wamco
08-12-2010, 08:20 AM
you guys realize that ALL teams have prospects in their minor league system as well, right?

joshhorvath
08-12-2010, 01:41 PM
I don't even know how someone can throw Halladay under the bus now that he is gone.

He gave his heart and soul for 12 seasons with the Blue Jays and if we did not have Halladay some of those seasons would have been extremely horrible.

Will we get to 90 wins. Maybe. Will we make the playoffs probably not but there is a chance.

Will it change the projection that Americans state for the Blue Jays in the future? No. They will say it is a fluke until sustained winning seasons or a playoff season or a couple of straight playoff seasons before Americans change their views because in reality if we don't make it to the playoffs this season it will be the seventeenth season of missed playoff ball.

Roy Halladay deserves to be thrown under the bus, Toronto will be a far more better team then the Phillies in the near Future, while Halladay is wondering why hes never been to the playofs yet, then at the end of his contract he'll go to the Yankess just to go the playoffs, pretty much buying your playoff berth.
But when Halladay was here, he was similar to Bosh, we had to build around him, we had to get FA's that were to old and never performed well, with the exception of Scutaro. Just to keep halladay from leaving this season in FA, but guess what, we all know he was gonna leave, Same with Bosh.. '
Now with Doc gone, we can focus on the game, build with a nice prime core of Lind,Hill,Arencibia, Drabek, Gose and that SS thats only like 19... and others, and dont have to worry about making the playoffs and losing our francise player to FA.. Good riddens Doc is gone, he was BAD LUCK and a Burden for the Toronto Blue Jays.

Asham
08-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Roy Halladay deserves to be thrown under the bus, Toronto will be a far more better team then the Phillies in the near Future, while Halladay is wondering why hes never been to the playofs yet, then at the end of his contract he'll go to the Yankess just to go the playoffs, pretty much buying your playoff berth.
But when Halladay was here, he was similar to Bosh, we had to build around him, we had to get FA's that were to old and never performed well, with the exception of Scutaro. Just to keep halladay from leaving this season in FA, but guess what, we all know he was gonna leave, Same with Bosh.. '
Now with Doc gone, we can focus on the game, build with a nice prime core of Lind,Hill,Arencibia, Drabek, Gose and that SS thats only like 19... and others, and dont have to worry about making the playoffs and losing our francise player to FA.. Good riddens Doc is gone, he was BAD LUCK and a Burden for the Toronto Blue Jays.

Enjoying that crack pipe eh?

adid727
08-12-2010, 05:39 PM

Roy halladay is the best pitcher in the majors. To say he is bad luck does not make sense. If he was still in toronto this season we would be closer to the top of the table. I agree that he had to go, and that we got good prospects in return. but never compare doc to bosh. Bosh is a show off and i never liked him. He left Toronto and was quick to insult the fans and the city for his lack of performance (the "was not the same speech"). While doc sent a letter to the blue jays fans, praising them and the city.

if you did not read his letter read this and never talk bad about doc again, (or compare him to that loser bosh):

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20091222&content_id=7841946&vkey=news_tor&fext=.jsp&c_id=tor

wamco
08-12-2010, 05:49 PM

ban? "lol"

wamco
08-12-2010, 05:50 PM
it doesn't matter if we are better than the phils unless we are playing them in the world series. Passing nyy, bost and tb are the agenda.

joshhorvath
08-14-2010, 01:38 PM
and not this year (maybe) but certainly next year we will be competing for the division and perhaps the wild card, then we can laugh at the Phillies for not getting to the playoffs, then Doc will demand a trade back to Toronto lol

BlueJayCarter
08-14-2010, 02:20 PM

I agree with Asham. You seem to be enjoying something way too much. Can I have some, I am working two twelve hour shifts this weekend.

wamco
08-14-2010, 02:34 PM
it's 4th place, let's not get ahead of ourselves

thecure
08-14-2010, 03:58 PM
it's 4th place, let's not get ahead of ourselves

At the start of the season, a friend and I were watching a game where the Jays were on their way to beating Baltimore.

I said I thought they looked really good.

He said Yep.

I said they are going to be a lot better than most thought.

He said the Jays are going to be the best 4th place team ever.

I agreed.

wamco
08-14-2010, 04:16 PM
step up from 5th to 4th is going to be much easier than step up from 4th to Wild card.

StayOnBoard
08-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Roy halladay is the best pitcher in the majors. To say he is bad luck does not make sense. If he was still in toronto this season we would be closer to the top of the table. I agree that he had to go, and that we got good prospects in return. but never compare doc to bosh. Bosh is a show off and i never liked him. He left Toronto and was quick to insult the fans and the city for his lack of performance (the "was not the same speech"). While doc sent a letter to the blue jays fans, praising them and the city.

if you did not read his letter read this and never talk bad about doc again, (or compare him to that loser bosh):

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20091222&content_id=7841946&vkey=news_tor&fext=.jsp&c_id=tor

This

At the start of the season, a friend and I were watching a game where the Jays were on their way to beating Baltimore.

He said Yep.

I agreed.

and this ^^

The Jays ARE the best 4th place team ever. Its crazy how good the AL East really is...

Poor O's :(

FlakeyFool
08-15-2010, 11:08 PM
you guys realize that ALL teams have prospects in their minor league system as well, right?

and better ones than ours

2009mvp
08-16-2010, 01:03 AM
Wait, that guy is serious?

2009mvp
08-16-2010, 01:04 AM

He said Yep.

I agreed.

Is that some sort of accomplishment?

Shifty1 69
08-16-2010, 08:31 AM
I wanted them to be worse than the Orioles so they'd get a good draft pick.

Cause that would be waaay more fun than this season has been.:rolleyes::facepalm:

MetsLegacy
08-16-2010, 08:36 AM

It's sad, too.

You guys have complied a nice ballclub this year that has taken tons of people by surprise.

Oh, and the Marlins won the World Series in 2003. Just saying.