PDA

View Full Version : Wells Toe not Fractured

StealingSigns
08-10-2010, 11:21 AM
The Toronto Blue Jays got some good news on Vernon Wells' injured toe on Monday.

Wells, who injured his right big toe after crashing into the wall making a catch during Brandon Morrow's one-hitter on Sunday, underwent an X-ray that confirmed the fact that his toe is dislocated and not fractured.

The club has listed Wells as day-to-day, and it is unclear if Wells will suit up when the Jays face the Boston Red Sox in the first game of their series on Tuesday.

:clap:

scottythegreat1
08-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Im not worried about Vernon missing from that team, we have tons of replacements. Jose Bautista should be batting 4th anyways.

The_905
08-10-2010, 11:36 AM
^ I strongly dissagree, you can not replace his defence and Wells always turns it on around this time of the year..

nithanyo
08-10-2010, 03:25 PM
I would not expect him for the Red Sox series. If he does play this series it would be at DH with possibly Lewis in centre, Bautista in Right and Snider in Left and Lind at first and hopefully JPA catching

Nocturnal Rat
08-11-2010, 12:48 AM
^ I strongly dissagree, you can not replace his defence and Wells always turns it on around this time of the year..

Your are right, it is the defense we will miss most, he is by far the best CF option we have right now, he is very good at tracking down the baseball.