PDA

View Full Version : Are the Pistons a playoff team now?

fadedmario
08-10-2010, 10:54 AM
There's only 5-6 for sure playoff teams in the east. Detroit had terrible problems with injuries last year. A healthy team could be a much different team. If McGrady stays healthy, are the Pistons a playoff team? Support your answers.

bahama0811
08-10-2010, 11:11 AM
I see zero chance that McGrady stays healthy for a whole season. I do think the Pistons could be a playoff team though. If they can move RIP and get some good pieces back I would like their chances even more.

fadedmario
Stuckey/Bynum/White
Hamilton/Gordon/Daye
Prince/McGrady/Summers
Monroe/Jerebko/Villanueva
Wallace/Maxiell/Wilcox

There's the Pistons lineup. There will probably be a trade involving either Prince or Hamilton though.

Brooklyn Mets
a healthy team could prob grab the 8th spot in the East..
i just dont think theyre done making moves at this point so its still hard to tell..

HowFit
08-10-2010, 11:18 AM
very well possible if they can stay healthy...highly doubt McGrady can stay injury-free thru season

m26555
08-10-2010, 11:19 AM
I really don't think so.

dre1990
08-10-2010, 11:20 AM
IMO we had a good chance before t-mac. I dont think he improves are chances very much

TO Rapz
08-10-2010, 11:21 AM
I dont think so, no.

Gators123
08-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Yes, If they stay healthy they have a chance. But I think they will make another move that will help their chances even more.

ManRam
08-10-2010, 11:23 AM
T-Mac isn't putting any team over the top at all any more. He's just not that player. If they weren't before they signed him (they weren't) they won't be a playoff team all of a sudden after they signed him.

Their front court blows. Another SF/SG isn't what they needed. He'll help in the fact that they have no go-to scorer as is (besides Gordan, who is feast or famine), but Tracy is not really a good go-to scorer anymore.

netsgiantsyanks
08-10-2010, 11:24 AM
a healthy pistons team can probably fight for the 8th seed at best.

mikealike305
08-10-2010, 11:29 AM
no...

a_dub06
08-10-2010, 11:30 AM
At this point id say no, but that is heavily dependant on how Joe handles the whole Rip/Prince situation.

Having the same team with the addition of mcgrady only logjams the 2/3 greater and we still hav no low post presence! Monroe will help our offense and give us rebounds but we still lack a solid big man and i see chemistry becoming an issue with the serious logjam we have.

If Dumars makes some trades to free up time and get some young decent bigs in then its a possibility. But im really ebginning to think we will only get expiring contracts + picks for prince/rip which ultimately will have us lottery bound once again.......

dre1990
08-10-2010, 11:31 AM
he better not choose to wear number 1...

cowboyz180
08-10-2010, 11:32 AM
I think they can make the lower seed... their lineup is not too bad

black1605
08-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Stuckey/Bynum/White
Hamilton/Gordon/Daye
Prince/McGrady/Summers
Wallace/Maxiell/Wilcox

There's the Pistons lineup. There will probably be a trade involving either Prince or Hamilton though.

Charlie-V has to be the most overpaid third string power forward in the league.

Kakaroach
08-10-2010, 11:33 AM
I would highly doubt it. T-Mac would have to be old T-Mac which is unlikely and Ben Gordon and Charlie Vill would have to play much better than they did last year. Not to mention Stuckey trying to play more of a PG role and not try to score as much.

JWO35
08-10-2010, 11:34 AM
They can contend for the 8th spot, but once again I think every Eastern Team has a chance at a playoff spot (except the Cavs). I doubt any Piston fan thinks signing McGrady makes them a playoff team, most of them know the Pistons aren't as bad as their record showed last season...if the team doesn't get the Black Plague again they have a chance.

bkmikeyy
08-10-2010, 11:34 AM
the starting frontcourt of a rookie and a 36 year old that can't score doesn't seem like a recipie for success.

Rangerchick
08-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Stuckey/Bynum/White
Hamilton/Gordon/Daye
Prince/McGrady/Summers
Wallace/Maxiell/Wilcox

Villanueva only the 3rd-string PF? 5-year $40 mil contract and he's buried on the bench? That doesn't seem right.

ManRam
08-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Stuckey/Bynum/White
Hamilton/Gordon/Daye
Prince/McGrady/Summers
Wallace/Maxiell/Wilcox

Is Monroe ready to start?

It's really not a bad team, but it lacks any real front court presence, and there are no go-to scorers really in that starting 5. Rip is better when he doesn't have to create his own looks, same with Tayshaun. Stuckey is good, but his shot his so terrible that it hurts the offense because those said other guys need all the space on the perimeter they can get to get open...and defenses can slough off of Rodney.

A lot of good players and some good depth...but it just doesn't look like a great TEAM.

mynameismo
08-10-2010, 11:36 AM
If they stay healthy.. Yes.. even without McGrady

fadedmario
08-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Is Monroe ready to start?

It's really not a bad team, but it lacks any real front court presence, and there are no go-to scorers really in that starting 5. Rip is better when he doesn't have to create his own looks, same with Tayshaun. Stuckey is good, but his shot his so terrible that it hurts the offense because those said other guys need all the space on the perimeter they can get to get open...and defenses can slough off of Rodney.

A lot of good players and some good depth...but it just doesn't look like a great TEAM.

Rumor is they want to start Monroe from day 1. Our lineup is not set in stone. I was just listing the players on the team to give people an idea of what they had. Villanueva could end up starting. He's lost weight and been working hard this offseason.

Kashmir13579
08-10-2010, 11:42 AM
they have a good young team. minus mcgrady. i really like their PGs

Klivlend
08-10-2010, 11:43 AM
he better not choose to wear number 1...

What other number would he wear? Has he ever worn another number other than 1? I can't picture it. What number did he wear in high school?

tcav701
08-10-2010, 11:45 AM
If they can get some good players for Hamilton/Prince then they could be a 7 or 8 seed...maybe.

Gators123
08-10-2010, 11:46 AM
What other number would he wear? Has he ever worn another number other than 1? I can't picture it. What number did he wear in high school?

I think he's worn the #3 the last couple of years, But Stuckey already wears that.

The Miami Cheat
08-10-2010, 11:47 AM
very well possible if they can stay healthy...highly doubt McGrady can stay injury-free thru season

exactly...if mcgrady gets injured 1st couple weeks of the season...which is likely...pistons are gonna b where they always were....not in the playoffs

arkanian215
08-10-2010, 11:49 AM
A much younger Wallace could work with a guy like CV next to him at the 4. I don't think Big Ben can handle it now. Jerebko doesn't rebound well and neither does CV. Greg Monroe's rebounding rate should translate to the NBA level despite no longer playing center.

DaBUU
08-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Any team in the east can fight for the 8th spot

WeBallin
08-10-2010, 11:53 AM
We make the playoffs only if C vill, Gordon committed to defense, an If Stuckey serious about bein the PG of our Ball club an not just sayin he'll do whatever, an if Joe D moves either Rip or Tay(i vote rip), also i think one or our younger players have to step it up big this year.....ie Daye,Monroe, Summers, one of these guys have to have a break out season if so we'll be better then an 8th seed...

Sadds The Gr8
08-10-2010, 11:56 AM
hell no.

mikantsass
I think they can get in as 7 or 8. They have a solid starting 5 and bench depth

pistonsfanomg
Lets get a Center and then we will talk

Lets trade Tayshaun, and Maxiell for Biendrins.

S-Dot
08-10-2010, 11:59 AM

That would be a great trade for both teams, but dude, the hayden panettiere sig is distracting, makes me forget about basketball lol.

LionBryan
08-10-2010, 12:04 PM
As of today, the Pistons have the worst frontcourt in the NBA easily and an imitation point guard. Not a playoff team. That could change with some moves.

pistonsfanomg
08-10-2010, 12:05 PM
[/B]

That would be a great trade for both teams, but dude, the hayden panettiere sig is distracting, makes me forget about basketball lol.

Not my fault shes beautiful ;)

LOL

mark1125
08-10-2010, 12:13 PM
As the team currently stands, I doubt it.

BUT......

If Dumars can turn around and deal Prince and/or RIP for a decent big, then I see them having a legit shot at getting the 7th or 8th seed.

mark1125
08-10-2010, 12:15 PM

Not sure I like that. AB has a bad contract and isn't THAT good IMO. TP is a nice expiring and I think I would rather take a shot at Kaman. Now RIP and Max would make more sense.

thecure
08-10-2010, 12:16 PM
The 8th seed is a crap shoot in the east.
That said, No true center, No true point and a rook who is not yet ready to contribute in a major way, equals a recipe that Joe needs to improve on.

smith&wesson
08-10-2010, 12:17 PM
yes, if hamilton & mcgrady can compliment eachother and build chemistry.
and if mcgrady stays healthy.

shep33
08-10-2010, 12:21 PM
I don't think so. They all have to stay healthy which that team rarely does, plus they gotta move Prince and Rip, or atleast one of them.

Khalifa21
08-10-2010, 12:21 PM
T-Mac doesn't turn one of the worst teams in the league into a playoff team. They're not making the playoffs and they'll be lucky to win 35 games.

thekmp211
08-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Stuckey/Bynum/White
Hamilton/Gordon/Daye
Prince/McGrady/Summers
Wallace/Maxiell/Wilcox

are you nuts? this might be the worst team in the league. they have no true point guard, no go to scorer, no post scorer, no great defenders, no young guys ready to contribute this year, at least not in a playoff-caliber way.

mamba24
08-10-2010, 12:35 PM
they may be a playoff team... like a first round losing playoff team...

mark1125
08-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Honestly, I would much rather see the Pistons deal off RIP and/or TP for picks or prospects than tyr to slide into the 8th seed.

JordansBulls
08-10-2010, 12:42 PM
There's only 5-6 for sure playoff teams in the east. Detroit had terrible problems with injuries last year. A healthy team could be a much different team. If McGrady stays healthy, are the Pistons a playoff team? Support your answers.

Depends. IMO I think they got Tmac to start him.

NBA-GMaster
08-10-2010, 12:43 PM
IMO NO.. But if they can upgrade the PG and C spots (starters).. maybe yes!! and also it depends on McGrady's skill status and Gordon's health status ..

Shammyguy3
08-10-2010, 12:46 PM
No. Every team that made the playoffs last year will still be in the playoffs this year excluding Cleveland. And I think NY will grab the 8th seed. I don't see the Pistons being better than either Charlotte or NY. And, Tmac was a terrible signing for them.

heattiltheend94
08-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Nope, Charlotte is great at rebounding with Dampier, Nazr Mohammad, and Wallace. Pistons do have Ben Wallace, but I don't think he will average more than 7 imo due to him being old. The Knicks improved drastically and have a decent point guard in Felton and they got Stoudemire. The knicks style is to fast, and the old pistons (besides Stuckey) won't be able to keep up. The Heat, Magic, Celtics, Atlanta, Chicago, and Bucks are all better, and I don't feel like explaining why for them too.

StanGreen_
08-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Let's be Real if they get in they aint doing nothing. Rebuild, Your gonna suck for a while. We all go through it, Some more than others..Start cheering for a high lottery pick now.

StanGreen_
08-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Ok,ok They'd be like a top 3 seed in the NBADL playoffs....Maybe

VicRoyJr
08-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Personally I like the move, as a Knick fan I saw flashes of his former self last year, but then he would run out of gas and have to ride the bench for extended periods of time, but if his knee is ready to go and he gets in game shape, the Pistons will have some serious firepower off the bench at the 3 & 2 spots, and even a little time at PG if needed if the Pistons want to play an up tempo style, but can you imagine the Pistons with Rip, Gordon and T-Mac on the floor at the same time, that could be a deadly combination if T-Mac is healthy and regains some of his old form...I like the Move

DreStylez
08-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Maybe. In the East pretty much anything is possible. Love the new additions from the draft; I give them an A grade. I don't get the McGrady signing though when he wanted to start for the Bulls now he wants to come off the bench for a worse team? Pretty good team but I think it's time to trade Hamilton for some front court size to pair with Monroe.

WeBallin
08-10-2010, 01:46 PM
are you nuts? this might be the worst team in the league. they have no true point guard, no go to scorer, no post scorer, no great defenders, no young guys ready to contribute this year, at least not in a playoff-caliber way.

Are you nutz????? the worst team in the league is still NY when was the last time the Knicks went to the playoffs? i don't care how much cap space they got don't care about the the free agent signing on a roster full of 3rd an 4th tier players all in efforts to land star players, an still ya'll suck when the last time u seen NY hoist up a NBA title???? an i'm 30 so please tell me i was at least able to know what basketball was when they did when a chip i think Phil jackson was on the roster then......

kozelkid
08-10-2010, 01:48 PM
For this particular team, I thought Tmac was a terrible choice. He'd make sense for a team like Cleveland, but not Detroit.
Even healthy, I think that team has one of the worst records. Besides Gordon, there isn't much there to like for Detroit, unless Monroe becomes a stud.

miamiflorida
08-10-2010, 01:49 PM
8th seed means you play the heat.... They should rebuild

kozelkid
08-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Are you nutz????? the worst team in the league is still NY when was the last time the Knicks went to the playoffs? i don't care how much cap space they got don't care about the the free agent signing on a roster full of 3rd an 4th tier players all in efforts to land star players, an still ya'll suck when the last time u seen NY hoist up a NBA title???? an i'm 30 so please tell me i was at least able to know what basketball was when they did when a chip i think Phil jackson was on the roster then......

Knicks are absolutely better and I say this as someone who hates both teams.
They finally at least have the right personnel for their system. You can't say the same thing for Detroit. They are WAY too perimeter heavy as it is, too many players that demand minutes and the ball and not enough defense.

C-Wick925
08-10-2010, 01:59 PM
exactly...if mcgrady gets injured 1st couple weeks of the season...which is likely...pistons are gonna b where they always were....not in the playoffs

:confused::confused:

when have the pistons always been not in the playoffs? what team do you like because last time i checked in the last decade the pistons were top 3 in wins for regular season and the most wins for the playoffs...

We have missed the playoffs once in atleast the last 8 years so a couple years of rebuilding doesent hurt us... how many playoff games have you been able to go see in your home town?

go root for your bucks or bobcats douche

WeBallin
08-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Knicks are absolutely better and I say this as someone who hates both teams.
They finally at least have the right personnel for their system. You can't say the same thing for Detroit. They are WAY too perimeter heavy as it is, too many players that demand minutes and the ball and not enough defense.

yeah you right Amere if thats how you spell his name, has been a defensive stopper since comin into the league, Why do you think they a whole lot better, Nash Got Amere his big payday right? ok so Nash is no longer there no Felton will be his PG an soon as the knicks fan turn on Amere holla at me......

Baller1
08-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Honestly, I see no chance that the Pistons will be in the playoffs. But we'll see i guess.

kozelkid
08-10-2010, 02:28 PM
yeah you right Amere if thats how you spell his name, has been a defensive stopper since comin into the league, Why do you think they a whole lot better, Nash Got Amere his big payday right? ok so Nash is no longer there no Felton will be his PG an soon as the knicks fan turn on Amere holla at me......

They don't need to be a defensive monster to make the playoffs. If they are good enough offensively, they will make the playoffs and the Knicks have that firepower with Amare, Gallinari, Chandler Felton and potentially Randolph .Detroit doesn't. And Amare posted big offensive numbers before Nash even arrived to Phoenix. Knicks are simply a much more balanced team and a proven system in play that will get wins. I don't think they will do much in the playoffs, but they certainly have a good chance a making them. Pistons, on the other hand, are in limbo and have a better chance at the lottery.

WeBallin
08-10-2010, 02:44 PM
They don't need to be a defensive monster to make the playoffs. If they are good enough offensively, they will make the playoffs and the Knicks have that firepower with Amare, Gallinari, Chandler Felton and potentially Randolph .Detroit doesn't. And Amare posted big offensive numbers before Nash even arrived to Phoenix. Knicks are simply a much more balanced team and a proven system in play that will get wins. I don't think they will do much in the playoffs, but they certainly have a good chance a making them. Pistons, on the other hand, are in limbo and have a better chance at the lottery.

Defense wins games an at that salary that the Knicks gave Amere he'd better be able to play defense, he'll be expouse this season watch an see, this one of the lesson to be learned for Amere that the grass isn't always greener on the other side, an for those other players you speak of.....Until there's a player in place that makes every one accountable on the team as players NY fate is as just as good as ours here in detroit.....watch an see

kozelkid
08-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Defense wins games an at that salary that the Knicks gave Amere he'd better be able to play defense, he'll be expouse this season watch an see, this one of the lesson to be learned for Amere that the grass isn't always greener on the other side, an for those other players you speak of.....Until there's a player in place that makes every one accountable on the team as players NY fate is as just as good as ours here in detroit.....watch an see

You are mistaking me for someone who thinks that Amare was worth the contract or that he's an elite player. He's not and he's overpaid. At the same time, he is just enough for the Knicks along with the Lee trade to at least make them a 7th or 8th seed.

goblazers7
08-10-2010, 03:04 PM
yeah i guess

Klivlend
08-10-2010, 03:32 PM
I think he's worn the #3 the last couple of years, But Stuckey already wears that.

Ah yes, you are right. On the Knicks he was #3

http://nbcsportsmedia4.msnbc.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/spt-knicks-bad-100223.widec.jpg

KNIXX46
08-10-2010, 03:33 PM

Detroit and ny need work. Detroit more so. It'll be a while before either team is back on top. Just the way it is.

SNYmets86
08-10-2010, 03:40 PM
tmac had one good game with us...the other games it was like i didnt see him there that knee of his was acting up.. if pistons are healthy they might get to the playoffs

TheDetroitParty
08-10-2010, 03:53 PM
No, they are still not in contention because adding a washed-up players doesnt make any difference, i just think it is a waste of cap and money.

PACKIN-HEAT36
08-10-2010, 04:05 PM
not even close!

king4day
08-10-2010, 04:06 PM
It's possible. The back end of the top 8 for the east is weak. Anyone can get in. I hope McGrady has a great year and makes those other teams kick themselves for not taking a chance using the vet min.

WeBallin
08-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Detroit and ny need work. Detroit more so. It'll be a while before either team is back on top. Just the way it is.

Totally agree.....

MagicHero3
08-10-2010, 04:30 PM
No, Detroit was just trying to sell their team. Yes, they signed T-Mac.
No, T-Mac is not the piece(s) to the puzzle they need, but it does help.
No, they will not make the playoffs

mark1125
08-10-2010, 04:34 PM
not even close!

Heat fans with join dates after July 2010 have zero credibility.

mark1125
08-10-2010, 04:36 PM
As said prior.....if the roster remains as it is. They won't get in.

However, if they move Prince/Rip for a decent big and they stay moderately healthy I don't see why not. The East isn't exactly deep. It's just top heavy.

IversonIsKrazy
08-10-2010, 04:37 PM
I don't think so. The 7th & 8th spot are up for grabs and can go to anyone, but I just can't see them healthy. Tmac no way, their young guys won't get too many mins, Stuckey can't run the PG, Prince is aging, their post scoring is a joke, unless Greg Monroe makes an immediate impact.

MackSnackWrap
08-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Not evn close.... Mcgrady wont make you guys into a contending team LMFAO

REALLYYYYY?
08-10-2010, 04:46 PM
they could take miami

IndyRealist
08-10-2010, 04:58 PM
I don't think they make 8th seed. Too much of their talent is tied up at SG/SF. Rodney Stuckey's not really a PG. Ben Gordon, Rip Hamilton, and Charlie Villaneuva are tying up far too much money. I don't think they make the playoffs again until the title team is completely gone, except maybe Ben Wallace.

Dumars gave horrible contracts to Rip, Gordon, and Villaneuva (and possibly Stuckey, depending on your opinion of him). Now he's trying to unload them after only a year in. I don't think any team in the NBA will bite.

tigers.6
08-10-2010, 05:00 PM
i feel that with the signing of tmac prince and/or hamilton are gone. if he stays healthy, which i believe he will this year, and same with the rest of the team, ill say 7th.

Gators123
08-10-2010, 05:00 PM
I don't think they make 8th seed. Too much of their talent is tied up at SG/SF. Rodney Stuckey's not really a PG. Ben Gordon, Rip Hamilton, and Charlie Villaneuva are tying up far too much money. I don't think they make the playoffs again until the title team is completely gone, except maybe Ben Wallace.

Dumars gave horrible contracts to Rip, Gordon, and Villaneuva (and possibly Stuckey, depending on your opinion of him). Now he's trying to unload them after only a year in. I don't think any team in the NBA will bite.

Dumars is only trying to get rid of Rip and Prince. But your right, Pistons can't start the full rebuilding process until both Rip and Prince are gone

Stuckey is still on his rookie contract.

SA5195
08-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Maybe. But T-Mac won't be a part of the teams success (if they have any) IMO.

j-bay
08-10-2010, 05:25 PM
they are saying t-macs knees are shot

BIG-D
08-10-2010, 05:28 PM
lol no

j-bay
08-10-2010, 05:31 PM
lol no

yes they are

mark1125
08-10-2010, 06:27 PM
they are saying t-macs knees are shot

And who exactly is "They"? Bill Plaschke on Around the Horn?

dtmagnet
08-10-2010, 06:31 PM
No, their offseason from last year ruined them for a few years.

j-bay
08-10-2010, 06:37 PM
And who exactly is "They"? Bill Plaschke on Around the Horn?

yes

fadedmario
08-10-2010, 06:41 PM
yes

:laugh:

1-800-STFU
08-10-2010, 07:09 PM
There is a reason no one has signed him at this point. He's not some best kept secret, Mcgrady is done. Reporters said at the Bull's workouts that he looked painfully bad. Why the Bulls didn't sign him.

That being said I dont see the Pistons being better than 10th in the east. No true PG, no real center(Ben Wallace is cooked), no post scoring(and dont say Charlie V). Aside from some nice guard depth with Bynum I dont see much to like.

mark1125
08-10-2010, 07:27 PM
There is a reason no one has signed him at this point. He's not some best kept secret, Mcgrady is done. Reporters said at the Bull's workouts that he looked painfully bad. Why the Bulls didn't sign him.

That being said I dont see the Pistons being better than 10th in the east. No true PG, no real center(Ben Wallace is cooked), no post scoring(and dont say Charlie V). Aside from some nice guard depth with Bynum I dont see much to like.

I pretty much agree with what you said. However, if Dumars can (and it being speculated locally) spin Rip and/or Prince for a talented big, they may seize the 8th spot.

Pistons would be best served to unload Prince and Rip for picks and expirings. McGrady is just filler and will be dealt (if effective) or let loose in off season (if not).

NYYCowboys
08-10-2010, 07:27 PM
If they make the playoffs it won't be because of T-mac I guarantee that.

Super.
08-10-2010, 07:28 PM
McGrady isn't putting anyone over the hump.

No f'ing way

ManRam
08-10-2010, 07:29 PM

You know what else looked painfully bad? Last season with the Knicks.

I love T-Mac. He's one of my 5 favorite players ever. But I really don't think he has anything left in the tank, which is a shame. He played night in and night out, sacrificing his body for terrible Magic teams. I really think, and if you ask anyone around the Magic organization, especially the beat writers, they'll agree.

Gators123
08-10-2010, 07:34 PM
John Jackson of the Chicago Sun-Times, meanwhile, seems to believe the issue has more to do with McGrady’s personality than his physical ability:

During his workout Monday at the Berto Center, Tracy McGrady showed he has made physical progress since last season and is capable of being a contributor to the Bulls next season, according to a source.

http://chicago.sbnation.com/2010/7/27/1590457/Tracy-McGrady-Bulls-Workout-nba-free-agent

MJ-BULLS
08-10-2010, 07:38 PM
I just cant see the pistons making the playoffs, not saying this because the pistons are our rivals, because the pistons are a mess. T Mac is washed up and isn't the same player he used to be.

fadedmario
08-10-2010, 07:41 PM
I just cant see the pistons making the playoffs, not saying this because the pistons are our rivals, because the pistons are a mess. T Mac is washed up and isn't the same player he used to be.

But if the Bulls signed him he would be a all-star.

normandale56
08-10-2010, 07:48 PM
I am personally cheering against all bottom feeders for the league. I hope they make a few more bad player moves and possibly another big fight to drive down attendance.
If them or the Kings would just go another few years of bad basketball and drive down crowds then Seattle has a chance to get a team back.

Number2Pick
08-10-2010, 07:50 PM
I am personally cheering against all bottom feeders for the league. I hope they make a few more bad player moves and possibly another big fight to drive down attendance.
If them or the Kings would just go another few years of bad basketball and drive down crowds then Seattle has a chance to get a team back.

this is just sad

fadedmario
08-10-2010, 07:51 PM

Mike Illitch (Tigers and Wings owner) just put his name in for ownership of the Pistons. The Pistons are heading to downtown Detroit if they go anywhere.

MJ-BULLS
08-10-2010, 07:51 PM
But if the Bulls signed him he would be a all-star.

no chance, he would of been a complementary player coming off the bench. most likely to backing up RB.

Gators123
08-10-2010, 07:54 PM

this is just sad

Very sad. I think this might count as baiting Piston and Kings fans.

NiTEFuRY
08-10-2010, 08:01 PM
No way they are making the playoffs - and thats a good thing. They need to draft another solid player to compliment their core and develop together like the Hawks or the Thunder

ManRam
08-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Mike Illitch (Tigers and Wings owner) just put his name in for ownership of the Pistons. The Pistons are heading to downtown Detroit if they go anywhere.

That would be great...

Jester4k0
08-10-2010, 08:08 PM
With zero bonified, current NBA stars and a developmental setup.....they could overproduce and sneak into the 8 spot----a spot reserved for those in NBA hell. Perpetual NBA mediocrity is not my idea of a good time.

Rebuild for the future or hang onto the past---be decisive. Remember the franchise is on the block, as well. Either way, there will be a complete overhaul this season.

Faycem
08-10-2010, 08:12 PM
when you are "in the mood for trades" involving your best players, you are not looking for being competitive. I think they would be more confortable being a lottery team for rebuilding purposes than being a playoff contender.

CORB1d
08-10-2010, 08:13 PM
TMac fits well with the city of Detroit, old and broken down.

JAZZNC
08-10-2010, 08:51 PM
They sure don't look to smart for their off-season acquisitions last year.

Too many guys playing the same position. Why the ever traded Chauncey I will never, ever know. Ain't been worth a damn since he left.

Kakaroach
08-10-2010, 08:54 PM
The Pistons are the perfect example of why you shouldn't be so desperate to get expiring contracts. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.

But no, I'd be very surprised if they were even in the playoff picture.

knicks09
08-10-2010, 09:01 PM
No

DerekRE_3
08-10-2010, 09:29 PM
nope

mark1125
08-10-2010, 09:48 PM
TMac fits well with the city of Detroit, old and broken down.

Wow.....what dynamic insight. :facepalm:

Join date of July 2010. Wonder who your team is.

dodie53
08-10-2010, 10:02 PM
healthy is a very big issue

markbutter
08-10-2010, 10:16 PM
I don't think the pistons get the 8th seed, the front court needs some help.

Ben at the 5 and Monroe at the 4 will work in some instances, with Monroe at the 5 and sometimes CV at the 4 for scoring. TMac gives them somebody with the second unit who can create his own shot. Only Bynum and perhaps Gordon could do that prior to his signing.

They need to flip Tay/Prince for a true 5 or something close so Wallace can come off the bench and just rebound for the second unit. Perhaps Okafor or Gortat.

As for Stuck, his outside shot is alot better than Rondo's. Take a look at game 7 and count how many times kobe went under the screen at the elbow. Christ, how do you think he got 15 rebounds? 11 on the defensive end.

Team*Chicago
08-10-2010, 10:17 PM
If they are planning on knocking the Knicks out of the way the may have a chance but they aren't going to make the playoffs at the moment or the near future.

PBG
08-10-2010, 11:06 PM
joed pulls, yet another swift one on the nba, by acquiring 2 first rounders for tmac to a contender at the deadline. such baffoons these gms are now a days.

gbrl
08-10-2010, 11:17 PM
they have a chance, but its gonna be a challenge especially with a rookie starting and an aged wallace

PBG
08-10-2010, 11:19 PM
they have a chance, but its gonna be a challenge especially with a rookie starting and an aged wallace

big ben dont age... he just becomes more beastly!

fadedmario
08-10-2010, 11:31 PM
If Prince gets moved I bet McGrady ends up starting.

deaner
08-10-2010, 11:53 PM
The T-Mac signing isn't about on the court basketball.... It smells of a desperate move to increase the piston brand for resale.

blastmasta26
08-10-2010, 11:58 PM
Not really. Pistons were decent, but I didn't think they were gonna be a playoff team this upcoming season. T-Mac hardly changes things.

1-800-STFU
08-11-2010, 12:01 AM
If Prince gets moved I bet McGrady ends up starting.

Yeah....thats not a good thing.

McGrady's knees cringe at this statement.

JJ_JKidd
08-11-2010, 01:32 AM
Just because of a $1.3M acquisition? Uh-uh :facepalm:

fadedmario
08-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Yeah....thats not a good thing.

McGrady's knees cringe at this statement.

We have the best trainer in all of basketball (Arnie Kander). Don't be surprised if McGrady plays in 80 games this year.