PDA

View Full Version : Brian Windhorst: T-mac working out for the Cavs ....

JordansBulls
08-09-2010, 11:11 PM
http://twitter.com/pdcavsinsider

#Cavs recently worked out Tracy McGrady, sources say. Just a look, he's not likely to be offered a contract.

asandhu23
08-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Hell yes. can't wait to see T-Mac hit the buzzer beater to knock Miami out of playoffs

Hype
08-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Cavs, offer him a contract. Don't underestimate T-Mac

TheTakeOver24
08-09-2010, 11:52 PM
I know TMac is a Heat hater, but I still want to see him succeed... I think Cleveland would be a really good fit for him.

king4day
08-09-2010, 11:57 PM
great fit if they sign him. I don't get why they wouldn't consider signing him. They just need a star to replace Lebrons production.
No one will of course, but he is a star that can take over games. Probably would mean a playoff berth too.

macc
08-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Its not looking foor for T Mac if he's getting passed up by all these teams hes working out for. At this point the contenders are not looking to have much interest in him.

I'm always hoping T Mac gets close to what he was before. On a average team at least he'll be able to showcase what he has in him still.

Khalifa21
08-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Probably the best fit for both of them... T-Mac needs a starting position and playing time to show if he still has it or not and work for that last big contract, and the Cavs need a player that can create his own shot and a big name to draw in the fans.

JOSKOMANG4
08-10-2010, 12:30 AM
I still believe T-Mac would be a better fit Chicago if he wants to contend for a title. I see the Cavaliers competing for a playoff spot, but lucky if they even get the 7th or 8th seed.

C: Anderson Varejao/Ryan Hollins
PF: Antawn Jamison/J.J. Hickson/Leon Powe
SF: Tracy McGrady/Jamrio Moon/Joey Graham
SG: Anthony Parker/Danny Green/Christian Eyenga
PG: Mo Williams/Ramon Sessions/Daniel Gibson

Hellcrooner
08-10-2010, 12:33 AM
That would be histerical.

Tmac magically revcovers his health and leads the Cavs to the finals defeating the Cheat.!!!!!!!!!

RCarlson85
08-10-2010, 12:43 AM
It would be interesting if they signed him. He would definitely get more playing time than he would if he signed for the minimum on some title contending team, but I don't think he can stay healthy playing starters minutes. If he wants to prolong his career he should go to some good team where he can possibly win a championship while not having to play as big of a role as he has in the past.

RCarlson85
08-10-2010, 12:45 AM
Hell yes. can't wait to see T-Mac hit the buzzer beater to knock Miami out of playoffs

Yeah right. T-Mac signing with the Cavs will not make them a playoff team. With or without him, they won't make the playoffs.

_KB24_
08-10-2010, 12:56 AM
Wow. I say Cleveland JUMP at this and sign him right away. He can be that spark that revives both him and the city of Cleveland at this point. Imagine T-mac hitting a buzzer beater against the Heat! :cool:

lakers4sho
08-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Yeah right. T-Mac signing with the Cavs will not make them a playoff team. With or without him, they won't make the playoffs.

U mad?

Anyways, I think this is good for both sides. TMac gets his minutes. Cleveland gets "someone". For vets min? Hell yes they should take him.

RCarlson85
08-10-2010, 12:59 AM
Wow. I say Cleveland JUMP at this and sign him right away. He can be that spark that revives both him and the city of Cleveland at this point. Imagine T-mac hitting a buzzer beater against the Heat! :cool:

LOL! Imagine T-Mac staying healthy. That's not going to happen, so I wouldn't count on him hitting too many buzzer beaters anymore against the Heat or anyone else.

RCarlson85
08-10-2010, 01:02 AM
U mad?

Anyways, I think this is good for both sides. TMac gets his minutes. Cleveland gets "someone". For vets min? Hell yes they should take him.

Nope, never been mad. As crazy as it sounds, not every Heat fan acts that way. It might be worth the risk for them, I just don't think it means the playoffs for the Cavs. Maybe if he stayed healthy for the whole season and could avg 20+ ppg, but that's a big if.

CubsFanBudMan#1
08-10-2010, 01:02 AM
I gotta believe Tmacs finished, how many teams can he work out for without being offered a contract? That has to say something.

thekmp211
08-10-2010, 01:04 AM
great fit if they sign him. I don't get why they wouldn't consider signing him. They just need a star to replace Lebrons production.
No one will of course, but he is a star that can take over games. Probably would mean a playoff berth too.

did you see tmac play last season? he would have to battle jamario moon for a starting spot and honestly i'm not sure he would win.

this is perfect; two things that no one cares about anymore, together.

IversonIsKrazy
08-10-2010, 01:28 AM
Probably the only team that I can truly see him fitting in. They need a talented player at the wing, they get that in Tmac. I would rather see him signing in Cleveland than Detroit, although both are horrible cities to live in ;)

0nekhmer
08-10-2010, 01:33 AM
T-mac needs a FULL D wade come back year

NBA-GMaster
08-10-2010, 06:03 AM
:speechless: :pity: :rimshot:

Jenceman
08-10-2010, 06:22 AM
I've been saying this for awhile. Cleveland would be the perfect place for Tmac to revive his career. Even if he averaged 18 5 and 5 that team probably makes the playoffs and he gets a nice contract next summer.

TheWatcher34
08-10-2010, 06:41 AM
in Cle T-Mac would be the go to guy and "the man"..so that would be a good fit.

GraphiiC
08-10-2010, 07:06 AM
He's going to Detroit.

Nuff Said.

You will see by end of the week.

J-Relo
08-10-2010, 07:16 AM

well Cavs won't get to the playoffs, so where T-mac is going to sign?

JasonJohnHorn
08-10-2010, 07:53 AM
This would be the best situation for both parties. T-Mac gets a chance to prove that he's got it. The Cavs built a team around a play-making/ball-handling SF, and that is exactly what T-Mac is. If he can get the Cavs into the playoffs (which I think is realistic as their front court is still solid: Varajao, Jamison, Hickson) and possibly into the second round, it will redeem him is the eyes of many (including myself- I've never though highly of him) and justify comments made by Cavs owner by illustrating that James could have done more for the team if a player, like McGrady, who is past his prime can lead the team as far into the playoffs as James did.

This is where I was hoping McGrady would go, and for the first time in my life, I actually want to see him make it work. I'm a Raptors fan and never liked the way he left the team and the things he had to say about the Raptors, but I feel really bad for Cleveland and I'd like to see that city have something to be happy about this season.

JordansBulls
08-10-2010, 08:29 AM
Haha, T-Mac filling Lebron's shoes.... I would rather see McGrady alongside Kobe & Pau in L.A.

I think Tmac in Dallas or San Antonio is the best for him. Why go to a team that won back to back titles without you?

S-Dot
08-10-2010, 08:52 AM
I think Tmac in Dallas or San Antonio is the best for him. Why go to a team that won back to back titles without you?

I really think the pace at which San Antonio plays will benefit him. He won't have as much pressure because he'll have Manu and Richard Jefferson playing the wings as well. And he can provide another scoring option for a team that needs it. I wonder why T-Mac's agent nor the Spurs have looked into this.

Mishmin
08-10-2010, 09:09 AM
One year you're the most feared team in the nba, the next you're trying to sign tracy mcgrady. Sad days for cavs. That being said, this would be the system for his game to work in. It'd be now or never tmac.

beasted86
08-10-2010, 09:20 AM
T-Mac is done.

beasted86
08-10-2010, 09:22 AM
I really think the pace at which San Antonio plays will benefit him. He won't have as much pressure because he'll have Manu and Richard Jefferson playing the wings as well. And he can provide another scoring option for a team that needs it. I wonder why T-Mac's agent nor the Spurs have looked into this.

Because this fool still thinks he should be playing 30+ minutes a game, and he wouldn't get close to that on the Spurs.

Hill, Ginobili, and Jefferson all get 30 minutes a game and will man the SG, SF position.

97NYer
08-10-2010, 09:34 AM
I still believe T-Mac would be a better fit Chicago if he wants to contend for a title. I see the Cavaliers competing for a playoff spot, but lucky if they even get the 7th or 8th seed.

C: Anderson Varejao/Ryan Hollins
PF: Antawn Jamison/J.J. Hickson/Leon Powe
SF: Tracy McGrady/Jamrio Moon/Joey Graham
SG: Anthony Parker/Danny Green/Christian Eyenga
PG: Mo Williams/Ramon Sessions/Daniel Gibson

That looks like an 8 seed if you ask me.

BOSTON617
08-10-2010, 09:37 AM
That would be histerical.

Tmac magically revcovers his health and leads the Cavs to the finals defeating the Cheat.!!!!!!!!!

this... that would be incredible

GunFactor187
08-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Tracy McGrady has reach agreement on a one year, $1.3 million contract with the Pistons, league sources tell Y! Sports. Story soon on Y!

12 minutes ago via web
Retweeted by 79 people

- via Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski's Twitter

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/20795829331

Gators123
08-10-2010, 10:11 AM
http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/20795829331

Now lets hope for a trade :pray:

ManRam
08-10-2010, 10:12 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-mcgradypistons081010

He's joining the Pistons.