PDA

View Full Version : A routine day off? or a potential promotion... for Emaus

The_Jet11
08-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Just thought I'd stir the pot on this off-day, with a little Minor-League banter.

I noticed that Brad Emaus is not in the starting lineup today for the 51's. Granted he hasn't had a day off in a while, my immediate reaction must be that he got called up to the big club.

In reality that probably isn't the case, but if the x-rays on Vernon's toe suggest that he'll need a little extra time to recover, it isn't completely out of the question that they'd bring the kid up and offer him a chance to get some time at 3B to get his feet wet.

They could even move Litsch to the 60 day DL and add Emaus to the 40-man without having to lose anyone!

I know EE has been red hot of late (which is a huge bonus!) but why not mix Emaus in there. Again, I'm not saying that Emaus' exclusion from the 51's lineup means that he'll be trying to one-up Arencibia tomorrow (LOL), but I'd love to see the kid get a few AB's!

Who else would like to see him in the show? At the very least, as a September call-up!?

statquo
08-09-2010, 11:00 PM
I'd like to see us field our big league club for this series against the Sox. I know alot of people are whispering playoffs run if we can stay hot, and we have a lot of momentum with the guys in the lineup right now.

I wouldn't mind bringing him up for the west coast swing and give EE a day or two off. A couple at bats and some time on the field wouldn't bother me, for Emaus, but for the BoSox series I'd like to see how we match up.

Bob_at_york
08-09-2010, 11:13 PM
I don't think it is happening. Maybe a september call-up but I expect EE to continue to get playing time.

BlueJayFanDan
08-09-2010, 11:28 PM
I don't think Emaus is coming up right now but that would be sick.

B2theRY
08-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Cito always says

he will never take playing time away from a guy who is entering free agency because thats like taking money out of their pocket.

T.O. Fan
08-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Cito always says

he will never take playing time away from a guy who is entering free agency because thats like taking money out of their pocket.

If you're referring to EE, he's not a pending free agent. He's under team control for 1 more season (2011).