PDA

View Full Version : Isiah on an NBA and NCAA payroll - One of them needs to stop this?

JDMac80
08-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Please tell me that I am not the only one who thinks that Isiah Thomas coaching FIU and consulting for the Knicks is a total conflict of interest. The NBA needs to deny this hiring. If not, I can't see the NCAA being ok with it. Why has it even gotten this far?

Aside from that, wtf is Dolan thinking bringing him back??? Just when you start to build a little good will with the fans, you go and do this. The guy just doesn't get it.

RuthlessRecordz
08-09-2010, 01:51 PM
With everything that has happened between the Knicks and Isiah Thomas I think they should not have done this, but with that said He's still brings value and experience.

Hype
08-09-2010, 02:34 PM
How exactly does he bring value? By ruining the Knicks? That's some quality value right there!!!!

howierose
08-09-2010, 04:30 PM
He is a terrible coach and should not be part of the Knicks. As a Knicks fan it makes me sick, it also makes me sick that he can be on an NCAA and NBA team payroll, I just heard that Stephon Marbury commented on the Knicks hiring Isiah: "Good Luck New York". Thats an accurate quote from Marbury the China Man himself

mikealike305
08-09-2010, 04:33 PM
i agree... if i were FIU idk if i would like that to much... idk if the NCAA likes it to much...

Hellcrooner
08-09-2010, 04:56 PM
He is a terrible coach and should not be part of the Knicks. As a Knicks fan it makes me sick, it also makes me sick that he can be on an NCAA and NBA team payroll, I just heard that Stephon Marbury commented on the Knicks hiring Isiah: "Good Luck New York". Thats an accurate quote from Marbury the China Man himself

You men he is a terrible GM?

Because he is not a bad coach.

Klivlend
08-09-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm not evena Knick fan and this news is upsetting. He made so many bad moves while he was there. What would they want to 'consult' with him about?

kidfury
08-09-2010, 05:09 PM
It's not just his gm decisions that were a disaster, what about the sexual harrassment law suit that cost the knicks millions. thomas is definitely not a NY Knicks public relations poster boy. Knick ownership HAS to change for the franchise to have any success.

cheetos185
08-09-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm not evena Knick fan and this news is upsetting. He made so many bad moves while he was there. What would they want to 'consult' with him about?

apparently he is still good at finding diamond in the rough (ariza lee chandler) talents thats the only reason i can think of him coming back

JDMac80
08-09-2010, 07:41 PM
apparently he is still good at finding diamond in the rough (ariza lee chandler) talents thats the only reason i can think of him coming back

Couple those moves with picking up eddie curry, not protecting lottery picks in the curry trade, marbury, crawford, trading a promising ariza for steve francis, jared jeffries, jerome james, vin baker...the list goes on.

He did find a few guys in the draft but it seems he is better at scouting college players more than anything else.

Khalifa21
08-09-2010, 07:52 PM
People are putting way too much into this. The guy isn't the GM, he's pretty much a scout.

IndyRealist
08-09-2010, 09:29 PM
People are putting way too much into this. The guy isn't the GM, he's pretty much a scout.

He can't be on an NBA payroll and have regular contact with college players who haven't declared for the draft. It's a violation of NBA guidelines and NCAA rules.

steveshane67
08-09-2010, 10:00 PM
He can't be on an NBA payroll and have regular contact with college players who haven't declared for the draft. It's a violation of NBA guidelines and NCAA rules.

****NEWS FLASH****

college players are in contact with pro "personnel" all the time.

and what if it were allowed, whats the big deal? lets assume he was the coach at UNC, a school that produces a lot of nba talent. its not like the college kids can choose what nba team they will play for, its the other way around.

JasonJohnHorn
08-09-2010, 10:07 PM
I guess, if Thomas is promising positions on the Knicks roster to kids coming to the school, then yeah, there could be a problem. And kids may be more inclined to play for a coach who has pull with a big-market, NBA franchise as they may see it as a way to earn a roster spot on that team. But with the way the draft is set up, there is no conflict as far as the NBA is concerned, though the NCAA may want to consider how Thomas's pull with the Knicks may influence recruiting.