PDA

View Full Version : Morrow 1hit CG SO

JetLi
08-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Man... I was on the road all day and was ecstatic to be able to listen to Morrow's performance. All you lucky guys who were at the game, I hope you all can't talk after a performance like that. I was losing my voice in the car with all the cheering and clapping I was doing!

Congrats to Morrow, filthy stuff on the highlights I just watched!

The look on Hill's face in the 9th with 2 out against Longoria said it all, we all wanted the No-hitter for Morrow.

McJoe
08-08-2010, 04:23 PM
That hurt to watch...it was SO close. I really thought Hill was gonna make that play. He got to it but it just didnt happen.

BlueJayCarter
08-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Tough break for Hill and Morrow. I am sure everyone in the stadium and watching the game were willing that the ball stuck in his glove and he could make a play to first. But with the way he dove and Longoria running hard I am still sure Evan would have gotten to first with the ball remaining in Hill's glove as an infield hit.

That was "Ace" stuff by Brandon Morrow. I felt when Cito came out that he was only going to talk to Morrow, which was the case as he left him in, but I was a bit nervous that he was going to pull him.

JetLi
08-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Tough break for Hill and Morrow. I am sure everyone in the stadium and watching the game were willing that the ball stuck in his glove and he could make a play to first. But with the way he dove and Longoria running hard I am still sure Evan would have gotten to first with the ball remaining in Hill's glove as an infield hit.

That was "Ace" stuff by Brandon Morrow. I felt when Cito came out that he was only going to talk to Morrow, which was the case as he left him in, but I was a bit nervous that he was going to pull him.

I didn't have any doubt in my mind that Cito came out just to talk to him, ask him how he's doing, if he's ready to wrap this game up and to just congratulate him on a well pitched game. I would have been pissed if Cito pulled him there.

KadoCH
08-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Little note on Morrow's performance today from ESPN

According to Bill James' metric "Game Score," which is a one number-summary of how good a pitcher's single-game performance is, Brandon Morrow's 17-strikeout, 2-walk, one-hitter on Sunday - which got a score of 100 - is tied for the 4th-best single-game pitching performance since 1920. It was the highest by any pitcher in a single game since Randy Johnson scored 100 in his perfect game back in 2004.

ramz.n
08-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Little note on Morrow's performance today from ESPN

well deserved..now we can see his potential and why he was selected so high..anyone know how brandon league is doing ? :p

BlueJayFanDan
08-08-2010, 07:25 PM
It really was amazing.

Manatoo
08-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Was just an amazing game all around.

H-MYK
08-08-2010, 08:18 PM
I was a bit pissed when Morrow didn't get the no-hitter. I really wanted him to get it, but at least he was impressive. I kinda felt sorry for Hill for not making the play.

wowzman
08-08-2010, 08:58 PM
well deserved..now we can see his potential and why he was selected so high..anyone know how brandon league is doing ? :p

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/players/7464/

League

50 Games
56 IP
47 Hits
27 Runs
20 ER
19 BB
40 K

ERA 3.21
W-L 8-6
2 Saves in 7 Chances

bowser
08-08-2010, 09:37 PM
RE:

According to Bill James' metric "Game Score," which is a one number-summary of how good a pitcher's single-game performance is, Brandon Morrow's 17-strikeout, 2-walk, one-hitter on Sunday - which got a score of 100 - is tied for the 4th-best single-game pitching performance since 1920. It was the highest by any pitcher in a single game since Randy Johnson scored 100 in his perfect game back in 2004.

It was also the best all time non-steriod assisted one game strike out performance by a Jay. Take that, Roger Clemens.

The last two days have been SO much fun to watch! You gotta love the way these guys are playing for each other. If Toronto fans don't start finding their way to ballpark now, they should move the team to Winnipeg :-)

Plat
08-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Tough break for Morrow Hill didn't get to that ball but wow what a performance, one of the best I have ever seen...hopefully this is a sign of things to come for Morrow who has GREAT stuff.

frostilicus
08-08-2010, 10:01 PM
I was there. It was awesome. :)

Bjaxn45
08-08-2010, 10:40 PM
No big deal... lol

Luca68
08-08-2010, 10:51 PM
damn soooo impressed by morrow this game alone gave us the better end of that deal

nithanyo
08-08-2010, 11:26 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/players/7464/

League

50 Games
56 IP
47 Hits
27 Runs
20 ER
19 BB
40 K

ERA 3.21
W-L 8-6
2 Saves in 7 Chances

Wonder if seattle fans are jumping off buildings for that trade. The rest of his numbers average, but the jays seem to have won that trade

nithanyo
08-08-2010, 11:29 PM
damn soooo impressed by morrow this game alone gave us the better end of that deal

did we get anyone else in that trade??

NateyB24
08-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Wonder if seattle fans are jumping off buildings for that trade. The rest of his numbers average, but the jays seem to have won that trade

Not really the other guy in the trade seems promising to us he still has to go through Double A and Triple A but so far he killed Single A and High A.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=chavez001yoh

League on the other hand hasn't lived up to last year but all relievers go through down years.

Im happy for Morrow though.

GrumpyOldMan
08-09-2010, 07:32 AM
I was going to go to the game, but I don't like driving that far in the rain. I wish I risked it though. The rain held off for the most part and I missed an awesome game. Well done Morrow.

Bob_at_york
08-09-2010, 08:27 AM
It was an amazing pitching performance. Watched most of the game.

torontosports10
08-09-2010, 09:03 AM
Damn, Chavez really is tearing it up.

North Yorker
08-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Damn, Chavez really is tearing it up.

Yea, he's looking pretty good, but it's not like he's irreplacable. Heck we dont even knows if he will ever be a full time ML'er.

schenn02
08-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Amazing game.... wowww

miller74
08-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Where are all the guys on here complaining about this trade when it happened? because there were alot of them out there

StayOnBoard
08-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Where are all the guys on here complaining about this trade when it happened? because there were alot of them out there

This ^^

Ill give you a hint... its the same guys who are complaining about the Escobar trade... and the Gose trade... and the Doc Halladay trade.... and basically any trade AA has made.

You can fill in the blanks Im sure :)

3Blueforyou
08-09-2010, 06:59 PM
From the first inning on he had that dirty stuff. You could see in many at bats by rays hitters, there was a lot of guessing going on(jaso comes to mind) and when you throw as hard as morrow does that real tough to hit. Great game morrow and lets hope this is a sign of whats to come.