PDA

View Full Version : Pistons Still Shopping Prince, Hamilton

JordansBulls
08-08-2010, 11:15 AM
http://twitter.com/stein_line_hq

Pistons have been shopping Rip and Tayshaun for ages, so logjam at SG and SF might not continue to be logjam if deal ever materializes

Storch
08-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Rip to the lakers would be insane :D

Gators123
08-08-2010, 11:20 AM
I think every Pistons fan appreciates what they have done, but it's definitely time to trade them. They deserve to play for a contender.

Hawkeye15
08-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Prince should be fairly easy to move. Good luck on Hamilton

dnewguy
08-08-2010, 11:26 AM
I think every Pistons fan appreciates what they have done, but it's definitely time to trade them. They deserve to play for a contender.

Thats so true....send Hamilton to Lakers and Prince to bulls.

GraphiiC
08-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Rip to lakers would be sweet for rip but as a detroit piston fan i would be pissed but ehh lets look to the futrue because lebron ****ed up the NBA

NBA-GMaster
08-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Trade Hamilton for a center

Gators123
08-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Trade Hamilton for a center

:pray:

jensbalboy
08-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Not bad idea to trade them,maybe to a team with cap space and the pistons will receive some draft picks I think that is the best idea build the team up with prospects

North Yorker
08-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Just thinking off the top of my head that a Prince-Dalembert swap might work?

Sac could use a legit vet 3 and bring Omri and Greene off the bench. Plus they dont even really need Sammy D with Cousins and Whitside. Det could use a upgrade at C over Wallace. A Dalembert/Munroe pairing doesnt look too bad.

Sixerlover
08-08-2010, 11:47 AM
So are they trying to trade each individually, or use Prince's EC to tempt a team to take on RIP's 4 years? Because solo they should have teams lining up to get Prince. Talented SF on a EC. But RIP's contract is pretty brutal right now.

Giants-49ers-Ws
08-08-2010, 11:49 AM
LARRY RILEY TRADE FOR PRINCE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curry
Ellis
Prince
Lee
Biedrins

that team actually makes playoffs

Gators123
08-08-2010, 11:57 AM
So are they trying to trade each individually, or use Prince's EC to tempt a team to take on RIP's 4 years? Because solo they should have teams lining up to get Prince. Talented SF on a EC. But RIP's contract is pretty brutal right now.

I think Rip has 3 years left and the 3rd year is partially guaranteed.

Raoul Duke
08-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Rip only has two years guaranteed left on his deal. The third is only partially guaranteed, though I'm not sure of the amount.

Regardless, I'd rather Dumars wait it out and look to make a deal closer to the trade deadline. After last season, the value of both players isn't really where it should be. If they can stay healthy until February and they look like themselves, we'll probably get much better offers than anything we're getting right now.

GraphiiC
08-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Lol Joe D i love you

shep33
08-08-2010, 12:07 PM
The Warriors should consider trading for Prince if they have the pieces. Who is their 3 right now? Plus they can always use defense.

Hamilton to the Knicks would be nice...

Felton
Hamilton
Gallo
Stoudemire
Turiaf

I mean this could atleast allow them to trade Chandler if they're looking to get a very good piece by the trade deadline. Even though I like Chandler, he's probably their most talented player that they could give up.

fadedmario
08-08-2010, 12:08 PM

x2.

SA5195
08-08-2010, 12:15 PM
I'll take Prince and his 11mill expiring.

We need a starting 3 anyways.

TheDetroitParty
08-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Why dont we just trade them already??????????

Gators123
08-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Why dont we just trade them already??????????

JD: Absolutely. Thatís a great point. I say this, also, and I think it goes in line with what youíre saying. Sometimes, thereís a time to be patient. For us right now, instead of making a move just to say we made a move, Iím going to be patient right now and make sure whatever we do is the right move for us. If itís not the right fit, if we donít think itís somebody that can come in and help us or if we donít get a trade proposal we think is really good for us, weíre going to be patient. Weíre not going to do anything off the cuff just to say we made a move. Itís not going to happen.

JD: All along, we were going to look at free agency and trade. Last year we were going to be more heavy in free agency, this year we were always going to be more heavy looking at the trade route to make significant changes to our team. That still holds true right now. Nothing has changed with that. We are actively talking to a lot of people. A lot of ideas have been thrown back and forth, but there has been nothing yet that has made us excited. Wow, hereís a great deal for us to do that will make us a better team. Weíve not gotten that deal yet, so we continue to talk back and forth to a lot of teams.

http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/dumars_100714.html

RedSoxFan2434
08-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Graphiic ur sig is ****ing hilarious.

I herd a rumor of possibly Avery Bradley and Sheed (so he could retire a piston) for Prince. As a celtic fan I don't want to trade Bradley for Prince who is overrated and 30.

Gators123
08-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Graphiic ur sig is ****ing hilarious.

I herd a rumor of possibly Avery Bradley and Sheed (so he could retire a piston) for Prince. As a celtic fan I don't want to trade Bradley for Prince who is overrated and 30.

When was the last time Prince was overrated?

SouljahPhil...
08-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Prince would be easy to move since he is an expiring contract..I expect him to sign with a contender next season...

As for Rip...His value is low as of now..Hope pistons showcase him first..

Would love for LA to have him...Sasha and puke plus 2 1st round for Rip..

But doubt Joe would accept it since the pick is late 1st and he will only save more or less 10 million in salary..

Mishmin
08-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Yeah I think rip and prince are at that stage to move for sure. I'm thinking.. who are detroits untouchables right now anyway? Jerebko?.. Austin Daye..? Stuckey maybe.. but he had that heart issue or whatnot..

Gators123
08-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Tayshauns last 2 months, he was starting to get healthy and was playing very well.

March:

15 PPG
5 RPG
4 APG
51% FG
43% 3PT

April:

17 PPG
5 RPG
4 APG
54% FG
39% 3PT

SouljahPhil...
08-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Tayshaun will be traded..Pistons will get some picks for him...

RadiantShot
08-08-2010, 12:40 PM
OrlandoOrlandoOrlando
:pray:

Kakaroach
08-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Either would be a fantastic addition to a contending team, but I don't think the Jazz need either. Sure Prince would be a great SF for us, but it might cost a bit much. Either way, I hope they play for something this season.

Raoul Duke
08-08-2010, 12:51 PM
who are detroits untouchables right now anyway?

Nobody. We'd trade anyone on our roster if it's the right move.

allan w davis
08-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Trade Rip & Prince for Chris Kamen!!!

ChongInc.
08-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Raptors will take prince for a couple expreibgs in banks and Evans.
Maybe throw in miamis first.

Rafer17
08-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Detroit cant decide whether they want to sneak into the playoffs or start rebuilding....

I think Dumars should say hes sorry and start over

Cracka2HI!
08-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Hamilton for Arenas makes more sense then any deal out there to me!

dbeastly
08-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Get it done Riley :D

Khalifa21
08-08-2010, 01:49 PM
I think finding Prince a new home would be easy, Hamilton not so much (only because of the contract). I really wouldn't mind either at the Knicks.

Jarvo
08-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Just one more run with them all, & see what they do when all of them are 100%. And they are a losing team mid season then trade.

Sadds The Gr8
08-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Rip to the Jazz would be :drool:

markbutter
08-08-2010, 02:23 PM
I agree that Tay's expiring contract should be easier to move. Rip's will be tougher, but at 12.5 this year for a SG who can get 15-18 ppg every nite and doesn't need the ball in his hands to do so isn't as bad a contract, given what has been handed out this summer. If I'm Dallas, I think I make a call to Joe D. He's more consistent than Butler, and Butler is an expiring contract that if things don't work out can probably be mvoed at the deadline. HRip's certainly more reliable scorer than Terry IMHO. Plus I just saw Beubois broke his foot or something and could miss the start of the season. If you're Dallas, would you swap Chandler for Rip and then try like heck to get Dampier back after his buyout from Charlotte.

Dallas Tx4Life
08-08-2010, 02:28 PM
I agree that Tay's expiring contract should be easier to move. Rip's will be tougher, but at 12.5 this year for a SG who can get 15-18 ppg every nite and doesn't need the ball in his hands to do so isn't as bad a contract, given what has been handed out this summer. If I'm Dallas, I think I make a call to Joe D. He's more consistent than Butler, and Butler is an expiring contract that if things don't work out can probably be mvoed at the deadline. HRip's certainly more reliable scorer than Terry IMHO. Plus I just saw Beubois broke his foot or something and could miss the start of the season. If you're Dallas, would you swap Chandler for Rip and then try like heck to get Dampier back after his buyout from Charlotte.

I wouldn't mind that trade one bit... Rip for Chandler? Sure! As far as going and getting Damp.. HELLLLLLLL NO!!!! But yeah, I like that idea a lot. We need a starting SG way more than our backup C.

RedRicanoBx
08-08-2010, 03:43 PM
id take hamilton :) prince is done...

MacFitz92
08-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Rip is going to Dallas ;)

We need a 2 and can offer expirings and picks. He goes to a contender. Everyone wins :)

Gram
08-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Rip is going to Dallas ;)

We need a 2 and can offer expirings and picks. He goes to a contender. Everyone wins :)

Not only expirings and picks, Roddy Buckets would have to be parta that trade.

PHX2daDEATH
08-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Get Rip and Prince in Orlando please..BOTH of them!

Kakaroach
08-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Not only expirings and picks, Roddy Buckets would have to be parta that trade. Not likely. I'm sure the Pistons just want that contract off of their hands, at least Tay is expiring and they can get something for him. For Rip, expirings will be enough.

BlondeBomber41
08-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Not only expirings and picks, Roddy Buckets would have to be parta that trade.

You're on freakin crack. Roddy isn't going anywhere, especially when its for a 32 year old SG coming off a injury riddled year and a career low FG%.

Gators123
08-08-2010, 09:20 PM
You're on freakin crack. Roddy isn't going anywhere, especially when its for a 32 year old SG coming off a injury riddled year and a career low FG%.

Do you think maybe his FG% was low because he was injured?

JordansBulls
08-08-2010, 09:31 PM

I think Billups helped those guys as players.

ChiSox219
08-08-2010, 09:31 PM

No doubt

Young2Kinsler
08-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Hamilton would be an instant improvement on the SD situation in Dallas.

thekmp211
08-08-2010, 09:56 PM

rip was good before and after chauncey. one could argue they helped him become what he is now.

Mishmin
08-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Rip will be good anywhere he gets traded. He's still solid. And Prince isn't done either as some of you are saying. He's a role player and any contender would want him, for defensive reasons alone. I think he'd blend into the celtics defense perfectly..

TheGsw
08-08-2010, 10:15 PM
If the Dubs get Prince, Imagine:
Curry
Ellis
Prince
Lee
Biedrins

6th- Dorell Wright

BlondeBomber41
08-08-2010, 10:23 PM

Doesn't matter why. He has to prove otherwise for him to get his value back up. Tyson Chandler's value is down big time from what it was two years ago because of low production due to injury so now its on him to get his value back up. Rips value is nowhere near that of Roddy Beaubois.

homestarunner93
08-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Prince to Charlotte for Dampier's unguaranteed contract.:drool:

LA_Raiders
08-08-2010, 11:10 PM
it looks like nobody is interested...

Rip to LA for Sasha & Luke

NBA-GMaster
08-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Trade Rip and Stuckey in a three way team deal..
Pistons trade: Rip and Stuckey
Pistons get: Miller and Okafor

Hornets trade: Paul,Okafor and Posey
Hornets get: Hamilton,Oden,Stuckey and Przybilla

Blazers trade: Oden,Miller and Przybilla
Blazers get: Paul and Posey
Blazers should trade Fernandez to Bulls for Gibson(backup center)

But if the Blazers trade Fernadez to the Bulls for the cap space plus 1st rd draft pick (according to Marc Stein)
I will add Batum going to Pistons and Villanueva(backup center) going to Blazers

NBA-GMaster
08-08-2010, 11:41 PM
IF Tmac was sign.. the lineup would be this..
Okafor/Wallace/Wilcox
Monroe/Villanueva/Maxiell
Prince/Jerebko/Summers
McGrady/Gordon/Daye
Miller/Bynum/White

Adding Batum(exchange for Villanueva)..
Okafor/Wallace/Wilcox
Monroe/Maxiell/Jerebko
Prince/Batum/Summers
McGrady/Gordon/Daye
Miller/Bynum/White

idrinkpepsi
08-08-2010, 11:54 PM
Prince would fit well in Golden State.

AddiX
08-08-2010, 11:58 PM
I really enjoyed the Pistons when they had Billups and Sheed. They ripped up a good team over peanuts IMO. They went from model organization to an example of what not to do in a short amount of time.

NBA-GMaster
08-09-2010, 12:07 AM
I really enjoyed the Pistons when they had Billups and Sheed. They ripped up a good team over peanuts IMO. They went from model organization to an example of what not to do in a short amount of time.

Joe made a mistake trading Billups for Iverson..

nanablvd
08-09-2010, 12:09 AM
I think Dallas will be interested. Cuban is always open to risky moves and willing to pay every year.

PrettyBoyJ
08-09-2010, 12:19 AM
nicks should try and get rip

AddiX
08-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Joe made a mistake trading Billups for Iverson..

It was a cap cutting move. It proved terrible because Stuckey didn't reach the potential he was expected and Gordon/Charlie ended up being way overpaid role players.

Paying Gordon and Charlie were moves Zeke would of been proud of.:D

Raps18-19 Champ
08-09-2010, 01:32 AM
They had their chance of getting Rondo and Allen.

They ****ed up.

ILLN355
08-09-2010, 02:20 AM
Doesn't matter why. He has to prove otherwise for him to get his value back up. Tyson Chandler's value is down big time from what it was two years ago because of low production due to injury so now its on him to get his value back up. Rips value is nowhere near that of Roddy Beaubois.

are you guys contending this year or building? i'd give up roddy for rip if i wanted to win

BlondeBomber41
08-09-2010, 04:03 AM
are you guys contending this year or building? i'd give up roddy for rip if i wanted to win

You're not very smart then. Roddy is a future All Star, an elite player. Rip is on his decline, even healthy he isn't worth Roddy.

Regardless, it wouldnt cost Roddy to get Rip.

HouRealCoach
08-09-2010, 04:35 AM
Why did they even give Rip an extension?

HouRealCoach
08-09-2010, 04:37 AM
It was a cap cutting move. It proved terrible because Stuckey didn't reach the potential he was expected and Gordon/Charlie ended up being way overpaid role players.

Paying Gordon and Charlie were moves Zeke would of been proud of.:D

Thats why its hard to believe that they put together Sheed, Ben, PRince, Rip, and Billups

Sandman
08-09-2010, 04:56 AM
vince for both.

aZekuiS
08-09-2010, 04:57 AM
You're not very smart then. Roddy is a future All Star, an elite player. Rip is on his decline, even healthy he isn't worth Roddy.

Regardless, it wouldnt cost Roddy to get Rip.

So let me get this straight. Because Rip was injured last season, he has zero value and has to prove himself again. But a rookie who has done nothing nor proved anything, is already a superstar. By those standards you would be opposed to trading Roddy for CP3, right? Speaking of injuries, didn't Roddy just break his foot? lol. Your logic is garbage.

aZekuiS
08-09-2010, 04:59 AM

Yeah Billups will make any player better, but Rip and Prince put up similar numbers 2 seasons ago without Billups. They did it with AI and Stuckey going back and forth to the starting PG spot, with AI and Rip going back and forth to the bench, and with a horrible coach.

abe_froman
08-09-2010, 05:12 AM
So let me get this straight. Because Rip was injured last season, he has zero value and has to prove himself again. But a rookie who has done nothing nor proved anything, is already a superstar. By those standards you would be opposed to trading Roddy for CP3, right? Speaking of injuries, didn't Roddy just break his foot? lol. Your logic is garbage.

rookies have upside and are on cheap contracts,rip is on the downside of his career and will be paid alot more.

PHX2daDEATH
08-09-2010, 05:39 AM
Thats why its hard to believe that they put together Sheed, Ben, PRince, Rip, and Billups

that team could of went either way.. Billups had bounced around quite a bit, RIP didn't do well in Washington..Big Ben came out of nowhere.. I think it was the right mix of players believing in Larry...I still think the guys can play.. I've been lobbying for the SUNS to get RIP ever since Joe Johnson left... but now im crossing my fingers so they'll both go to Orlando..they've got that championship experience and leadership that the Magic seem to lack.. Gortat/Carter for Rip/Prince.. salaries match equally..

aZekuiS
08-09-2010, 06:29 AM
rookies have upside and are on cheap contracts,rip is on the downside of his career and will be paid alot more.

yeah, that's basic logic, but coining a player an elite player with endless value before he's done anything is silly.

Assman22
08-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Deng and a pick for Prince. Can't see the Pistons making the deal but they did trade Billups for a washed-up Iverson. The Bulls would rid themselves of Deng's contract and sign Rose/Noah to extensions while keeping the depth intact. Prince has an expiring of $11 mil.

Deng's ridic contract:

2011 - $11.3 mil
2012 - $12.3 mil
2013 - $13.3 mil
2014: $14.3 mil

S-Dot
08-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Prince should be fairly easy to move. Good luck on Hamilton

this. Has anyone expressed interest in either of these two yet?

driz
08-09-2010, 08:41 AM
We have a backlog at the guard position, and if we sign McGrady at the SF position. Trading for other SG or SF doesn't benefit us what so ever. In my opinion, if making a move doesn't allow Ben Gordon to move into the starting lineup, then it isn't fixing much. It'll be moves for picks, or a big man. Guaransheed. Okafor, Kaman, Chandler, Sammy D...bring em on! Also would love some first rounders...we're rebuilding after all. T-Mac would be exclusively for ticket sales. If anyone remembers, T-Macs best days were first round playoff sereis' against the Pistons. He wowed and entertained a LOT of people around here back then...

JordansBulls
08-09-2010, 03:53 PM
this. Has anyone expressed interest in either of these two yet?

Not sure. Only teams who are missing a final piece should however.

JOSKOMANG4
08-09-2010, 04:22 PM
vince for both.

As a magic fan, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat! Money wise, the Magic would also have to put in a small contract(so i threw in Ryan Anderson, PF/SF as well).

Magic Lineup:

C: Dwight Howard/Marcin Gortat/Daniel Orton
PF: Rashard Lewis/Brandon Bass
SF: T.Prince/Quentin Richardson/Stanley Robinson
SG: Rip Hamilton/J.J. Redick/Mickael Pietrus
PG: Jameer Nelson/Chris Duhon/Jason Williams

Pistons Lineup:

C: Ben Wallace/Jason Maxiell/Chris Wilcox
PF: Charlie Villanueva/Greg Monroe/Ryan Anderson
SF: Jonas Jerebko/Austin Daye/DaJuan Summers
SG: Vince Carter/Ben Gordon/Terrico White
PG: Rodney Stuckey/Will Bynum

Pistons would receive Carter's non-guaranteed contract in 2011, which in other words, he won't be a piston in 2011 season.

heattiltheend94
08-09-2010, 04:33 PM
The sad things is that the Pistons turned down Rondo and Allen for Stuckey, Hamilton, and Prince. How times have changed.

BOSTON617
08-09-2010, 04:52 PM
The sad things is that the Pistons turned down Rondo and Allen for Stuckey, Hamilton, and Prince. How times have changed.

this :clap:

IversonIsKrazy
08-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Kenyon Martin for RIP?
Tony (expiring) for Prince
Milsap for RIP?
Gortat + Bass for RIP?

DE9394
08-09-2010, 05:20 PM
^ id do any of those just to get them off my team

blazerman
08-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Pryzbilla and R Fernandez for Prince (he was injured most of last season as well and bulging disks are always suspect). maybe a pick as well.

John Walls Era
08-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Houston should get in on this if they can. Add some depth to an already pretty well rounded team.

CubsFanBudMan#1
08-09-2010, 06:20 PM
bulls dont need prince but id take rip on the cheap

fadedmario
08-09-2010, 06:31 PM
If the Pistons worked something out with the Lakers, that would be pretty cool. Prince is from Compton. Prince would make the Lakers alot better.

JordansBulls
08-09-2010, 10:27 PM
The Nuggets should jump on this or try to get Vince.

Scarface-Bulls
08-09-2010, 10:41 PM
R.I.P rip

Mplsman
08-09-2010, 10:43 PM
They are probably shopping the entire roster.

NBA-GMaster
08-09-2010, 10:58 PM
To make it better, trade Rip, Prince and Stuckey for Carter, Nelson and Pietrus..

GonRoo
08-10-2010, 02:58 AM
If the Pistons worked something out with the Lakers, that would be pretty cool. Prince is from Compton. Prince would make the Lakers alot better.

Clippers sounds more possible..

Prince for Kaman..

Straight up.

Prince goes to LA..

Kaman (a michigander) comes to Detroit and is a legit 7 footer.

BlondeBomber41
08-10-2010, 03:26 AM

He doesn't have zero value, but his value is very low. Certainly not that of a future stud PG. Between his injuries, his age, his awful year and his contract the Pistons would be lucky to just get out from under his contract.

Roddy isn't a rookie. He was last year, and had a great year. Everytime he came into the game he was fantastic, including a 40 point game. He was so good he is the favorite to steal Caron Butlers starting SG spot.

I wouldnt be opposed to trading Roddy for Chris Paul, but it would make me slightly nervous. Well worth the risk though.... you comparing Rip Hamilton to Chris Paul is the worst "garbage" I have ever heard though.

thekmp211
08-10-2010, 07:21 AM
He doesn't have zero value, but his value is very low. Certainly not that of a future stud PG. Between his injuries, his age, his awful year and his contract the Pistons would be lucky to just get out from under his contract.

Roddy isn't a rookie. He was last year, and had a great year. Everytime he came into the game he was fantastic, including a 40 point game. He was so good he is the favorite to steal Caron Butlers starting SG spot.

I wouldnt be opposed to trading Roddy for Chris Paul, but it would make me slightly nervous. Well worth the risk though.... you comparing Rip Hamilton to Chris Paul is the worst "garbage" I have ever heard though.

roddy is great, and has more value than rip, but it remains to be seen if he's a stud or not.

xbrackattackx
08-10-2010, 10:31 AM
I would love to see Rip,Prince and Maxiell for Carter and Bass swap.

pistonsfanomg
08-10-2010, 12:04 PM
To make it better, trade Rip, Prince and Stuckey for Carter, Nelson and Pietrus..

sure

aZekuiS
08-10-2010, 03:18 PM

Well watching him play in summer league I wasn't impressed at all. To me he's on the same level as Jared Bayless, a guard with potential. Not even sure if i'de trade Will Bynum for him.

JordansBulls
08-10-2010, 06:59 PM
I would love to see Rip,Prince and Maxiell for Carter and Bass swap.

I wouldn't trade Vince for that.