PDA

View Full Version : Nrbpa!!!!!!!!!!

jensbalboy
08-07-2010, 01:37 PM
National Retired Basketball Players Association lol :D

what do you guys think hold this during the off-season.Let's start with 6 teams who each play 15 regular season games and there will be two conferences the two best of each coference will go to the play-offs where they will play a best of 3 series.and there will be a west mvp and a east mvp and they both will play in the all-star game the west mvp for the west and the east mvp for the east

a league without big money contracts and no longer than 2 year deals.there will be no nba draft so the players can choose where they will play.

I thin there are some ex-nba players who still wanna play some games I think it is a cool idea imagine that players like Gary Payton,Penny Hardaway,Scottie Pippen,Dennis Rodman wanna do this will that not be cool?:D

Hellcrooner
08-07-2010, 01:41 PM
nah, one team for each nba team and lplayers can only play for one of the teams they PLAYEd for.

BrotherRedz
08-07-2010, 01:47 PM
I rather watch these old superstars vs national teams :D or college teams

RenegadeRiot36
08-07-2010, 02:05 PM
I rather watch these old superstars vs national teams :D or college teams

lmfao that sig is hilareous. delonte was my favorite player on the cavs and now hes gone too. not a good year for me. "I aint' lost at paper rock scissors in 37 years. And I'm only 25."

GyroSlurve
08-07-2010, 02:11 PM
i actually think this would be a pretty fun idea. im sure the league would have its detractors, the quality of play would be much worse and there would always be a risk of injuries with the old guys. however, if you take it for what it would be: glorified pickup games and a way to watch some of our favorite former players lace it up one more time and reminisce about the good old days then its not such a bad idea. as a knicks fan i always felt like allan houston had some more game left in the tank, the stakes were just too high to have him play for the nba team with injuries, multimillion dollar contracts, etc. it would be pretty cool to see him take the court a couple more times, but as of now theres no real outlet for such a scenario.

SiR Lakers III
08-07-2010, 03:28 PM
no.

thekmp211
08-07-2010, 03:59 PM
itll be cool til the first broken hip

jensbalboy
08-07-2010, 04:16 PM
yeah I know it is risky with injuries and all. that is why I say just 15 games and all maybe 9 if it is tho much

NYKalltheway
08-07-2010, 05:19 PM
2 halftimes of 10 minutes each(no quarter breaks)

6 players on each time
3 fouls out

No Michael Jordan allowed! (He beat everyone in his prime, he'll do it again :D)

(This is like a fantasy league right? People come up with weird ideas and post them?)

RollinDeep
08-07-2010, 05:22 PM

6 players on each time
3 fouls out

No Michael Jordan allowed! (He beat everyone in his prime, he'll do it again :D)

(This is like a fantasy league right? People come up with weird ideas and post them?)

Is it physically possible to have 2 halftimes? :p

jensbalboy
08-07-2010, 05:45 PM

6 players on each time
3 fouls out

no I am serious I think the nba can get this done how hard will it be found like 70 ex-nba players who stil want tho play and can play a bit :D

Brooklyn Mets
08-07-2010, 05:46 PM
The insurance on the players would be more expensive than their contracts

NYYCowboys
08-07-2010, 05:55 PM
I'd watch

knicksfan23
08-07-2010, 05:59 PM
The insurance on the players would be more expensive than their contracts

ahaha yeah this is a fail thread