PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent left and Cap room breakdown

NBA-GMaster
08-07-2010, 06:33 AM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17026

As of 8/7/10

Point Guards Allen Iverson, Delonte West, Rafer Alston, Tyronn Lue, Damon Jones, Juan Dixon, Earl Boykins, Javaris Crittenton, Chris Quinn, Travis Diener, Anthony Johnson, Kevin Ollie, Antonio Daniels, Earl Watson, Jamaal Tinsley, Marcus Williams

Shooting Guards Larry Hughes, Flip Murray, Devin Brown, Michael Finley, J.R. Giddens, Trenton Hassell, Quinton Ross, Sasha Pavlovic, Damien Wilkins

Small Forwards Tracy McGrady, Jarvis Hayes, Jerry Stackhouse, Adam Morrison, Ime Udoka, Rodney Carney, Tim Thomas, Joe Alexander, Bobby Simmons, Yakhouba Diawara, Devean George, Stephen Graham, James Singleton

Power Forwards Louis Amundson, Joe Smith, Brian Skinner, Fabricio Oberto, Jonathan Bender, Ike Diogu, Brian Scalabrine

Centers Kwame Brown, Earl Barron, Josh Boone, Francisco Elson, Etan Thomas, Primoz Brezec, Jarron Collins, D.J. Mbenga, Steven Hunter, Randolph Morris, Patrick O'Bryant

The following teams are under the cap and their commitments and cap space is listed:

Sacramento Kings
Current Commitments: $43.3 million
Remaining Cap Space: $14.7 million

New Jersey Nets
Current Commitments: $44.0 million
Remaining Cap Space: $13.0 million

Minnesota Timberwolves
Current Commitments: $44.0 million
Remaining Cap Space: $13.0 million

Oklahoma City Thunder
Current Commitments: $50.8 million
Remaining Cap Space: $8.0 million

Cleveland Cavaliers
Current Commitments: $51.0 million
Remaining Cap Space: $6.0 million (if they renounce exceptions)

Los Angeles Clippers
Current Commitments: $52.2 million
Remaining Cap Space: $5.8 million

Washington Wizards
Current Commitments: $53.7 million
Remaining Cap Space: $4.3 million

Chicago Bulls
Current Commitments: $53.8 million
Remaining Cap Space: $4.1 million

New York Knicks
Current Commitments: $55.3 million
Remaining Cap Space: $2.7 million

The following teams still have a portion of their Mid Level-Exception to spend:

Indiana Pacers ($5.0 million)
Charlotte Bobcats ($2.765 million),
Utah Jazz ($2.76 million)
Memphis Grizzlies ($2.7 million)
Golden State Warriors ($2.2 million)
San Antonio Spurs ($1.8 million)
Houston Rockets ($1.5 million)
Toronto Raptors ($0.7 million),
Detroit Pistons ($0.6 million)
Phoenix Suns ($0.5 million),

The Atlanta Hawks, Dallas Mavericks, Denver Nuggets, Detroit Pistons, Golden State Warriors, Houston Rockets, Indiana Pacers, Memphis Grizzlies, New Orleans Hornets, Orlando Magic, Philadelphia 76ers, Phoenix Suns, Portland Trail Blazers, San Antonio Spurs, and Utah Jazz still have their Bi-Annual Exceptions to spend this summer.

JasonJohnHorn
08-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Thanks for posting this. Its very helpful.

I am surprised that the Thunder havent made a run at Boone. He's been a solid rebounder when he gets the minutes, and that is something they desperately need, and I'm sure he wouldnt cost them much. Or even Mbenga just to have a shot blocker coming off the bench. I know he is foul-prone, but he's a hard worker and a big body.

I'm still surprised that Stackhouse and McGrady dont have jobs. I really think the Cavs should make a run at McGrady. They have some cash to throw at him and they can make him a unique offer: Keep the Cavs in the playoffs and prove that you are in the same league as LBJ. I mean, the Cavs built their team around a ball-handing, play-making small forward, and that is what McGrady naturally is, so it seems like a good fit, and should McGrady get the Cavs into the second round... well, that is as far as LBJ got them last year.

Stackhouse would be great on any bench: Spurs, Celtics, Heat, Lakers. And he has seemed willing to take the vet-min, so I'm not sure why nobody has picked him up yet.

And the Spurs need some three-point shooting now that Mason has left and they have watched the likes of Finley, Bowen and Barry retire or leave over the last couple seasons. They used to thrive with their three-point shooting, now it is average at best, and I assume wouldnt mind the vet-min to play for the Spurs, or even both he and Devin Brown (who has already played under Pop) or even Wilkins.

There are still some difference makers out there, like Tim Thomas, Larry Hughes (who could have a positive turnaround in a new system) and a handful of point guards.

I'm curious to see how this plays out, if the thunder chase after the big man they need to contend, and if the Spurs try to replenish their three-point options, or if contenders like Boston, Miami and LA will add guys like McGrady or Finley to their line-ups.

bholly
08-07-2010, 06:58 AM
Afaik Philly haven't spent any of either the MLE or Bi-annual, but feel free to remind me if they have.
I think storytellers is generally considered a pretty reliable source for this sort of thing:
http://www.storytellerscontracts.info/resources/10-11teamsalaries.htm

marlinsfan24
08-07-2010, 07:00 AM
McGrady's going to sign with the Thunder.

bholly
08-07-2010, 07:15 AM
Oh, you missed this, the list of teams who haven't used any of their MLEs:

With that said, there are still five teams that have their full Mid-Level Exception to spend if they so choose. The Atlanta Hawks, Cleveland Cavaliers, Dallas Mavericks, New Orleans Hornets, and Philadelphia 76ers haven't touched their $5.765 million MLE's this summer.

knicksfan23
08-07-2010, 09:40 AM
listen picking up earl barron isnt the worst thing you can do. when i watched him on the knicks he did good. and i thought rodney carney was good? dont really follow him thought and of courese tmac and ai will go somewhere along with dwest

97NYer
08-07-2010, 09:56 AM
thank you

Drunk Kosar 19
08-07-2010, 10:35 AM
i want Cavs to sign Adam morrison and brian scalabrine, that would be 10x better than that %^# #$%^%$ #&$&# lediva

JerseysFinest
08-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Jarvis Hayes still a FA?

arkanian215
08-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Thanks for posting this. Its very helpful.

I am surprised that the Thunder havent made a run at Boone. He's been a solid rebounder when he gets the minutes, and that is something they desperately need, and I'm sure he wouldnt cost them much. Or even Mbenga just to have a shot blocker coming off the bench. I know he is foul-prone, but he's a hard worker and a big body.

I thought Cole Aldrich was supposed to address those two issues?

arkanian215
08-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Jarvis Hayes still a FA?

Yeah he's an inferior spot up shooter. He didn't even hit his corner 3's last season like he did the previous season. A whole lot of folks are ahead of him at this point. There were rumors of the Celtics looking at him but I don't think that will happen.

Giants-49ers-Ws
08-07-2010, 11:31 AM
warriors should sign t-mac

curry, ellis, mcgardy, lee, biedrins...playoffs

Melo15
08-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Surprised to see T-Mac hasn't signed yet. Thanks for posting this though, it's very useful to see what teams can still pick up some quality pieces.

Sixerlover
08-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Lets all stop overrating T-Mac now. He's no difference maker at this point in his career and if he's in your starting 5.. You have a pretty horrible SF situation going on.

But the Kings, Thunder, Nets and Wolves should just sit on their cap space at this point until the trade deadline mid season.

Melo15
08-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Lets all stop overrating T-Mac now. He's no difference maker at this point in his career and if he's in your starting 5.. You have a pretty horrible SF situation going on.

But the Kings, Thunder, Nets and Wolves should just sit on their cap space at this point until the trade deadline mid season.

To believe he couldn't be a useful player off the bench isn't out of the question though. I think he could actually be pretty productive playing around 15 minutes a night coming off the bench for a contender.

Bryrob58
08-07-2010, 12:09 PM
To believe he couldn't be a useful player off the bench isn't out of the question though. I think he could actually be pretty productive playing around 15 minutes a night coming off the bench for a contender.

I agree. I think that he could be a very nice contributor off the bench for a team like Boston or Chicago. He's valuable because you know he can step in and start if someone gets injured. The only thing that worries me is that nobody has signed him yet. If he was ready to play, don't you think he would have been picked up by now?

beasted86
08-07-2010, 12:29 PM
McGrady sure isn't wanting to come off the bench, and sure as heck isn't wanting to play 15 minutes a game.

That's why he's worthless. He still thinks he's a starter, or at the least should play starter minutes.

NBA-GMaster
08-07-2010, 12:44 PM
T-Mac really wants to pass the 1ST RD of the PLAYOFFS!! that's why he wants to be in a contender team..

The 3 Powerhouse Teams could sign him as backup G/F: Heat, Lakers and Celtics

Contender teams could sign him as a starter:
Magic(Tmac @ SG & Carter @ SF),
Mavericks (moving marion as backup PF,Butler @ SF & Tmac @ SG),
Hawks (moving Williams as backup PF & Tmac @ SF)
Bulls (Tmac @ SG)
Spurs (Tmac @ SG & Ginobili as their 6th man-backup for SG/SF pos)
Nuggets (Tmac @ SG)
Blazers (Tmac @ SF)

NBA-GMaster
08-07-2010, 12:53 PM
McGrady sure isn't wanting to come off the bench, and sure as heck isn't wanting to play 15 minutes a game.

That's why he's worthless. He still thinks he's a starter, or at the least should play starter minutes.

I know he still thinks he's a starter, but he is willing to accept the bench role just to win a championship..

Flojo
08-07-2010, 01:07 PM
I know he still thinks he's a starter, but he is willing to accept the bench role just to win a championship..

If that was truly the case Chicago would have signed him. At the very least they're hesitant - if Mcgrady wants to get signed he needs to COMMIT to a bench role and PLAY towards becoming a starter, as opposed to trying to show he's starter material in training camp. Doesn't seem like he wants to take baby steps though.

masalex1205
08-07-2010, 01:34 PM
great post thanks

Kakaroach
08-07-2010, 01:42 PM
I'm a little surprised Earl Watson hasn't been signed yet. He was pretty decent last season.

dolfan720
08-07-2010, 02:54 PM
best players available

T-Mac
Delonte West
Flip Murry
Micheal Finely
Kwame Brown
Louis Amundson
Earl Watson
Jarvis Hayes
AI