PDA

View Full Version : L.A Lakers VS Miami Heat in NBA Championship?

Frankroc_MIYAYO
08-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Everyone expects the LA Lakers to be representing the West this year in the NBA Finals against:

1. Boston Celtics
2. Miami Heat
3. Orlando Magic

So many ANTI-HEAT Fans out there are stating that the Miami Heat have no chance due to whatever reason:

1. Lack of Chemistry
2. Too Many Ego's
3. No Bench
4. Boston is better
5. Orlando will destroy us

I have lost my breath and my hand hurts from all the constant reasons I think Miami can overcome those hurdles. (3 in particular come to mind...duh)

The real thread here is:
WHAT MAKES EVERYONE SO SURE THAT THE LA LAKERS WILL BE COMING OUT THE WEST?

Think about the strides that other West Coast teams have made and the fact that LA Lakers have holes of their own: I'll spare you the obvious

I believe teams like:

1. Denver (picked up A.Harrington and Melo isn't going anywhere sorry NY)
2. Dallas (picked up T.Chandler and current unit will be playing full season together)
3. OKC (they have your number Old Timers...LOL)
4. Portland (A healthy G.Oden and that team is scary good)
5. Phoenix (so what if Amare isn't there S.Nash makes PF's into Superstars)
6. Houston (Yao is back and eh I guess maybe not Houston...LOL)

But those are 5 legit teams who are hungry and have the pieces to defeat LA

Your thoughts?

cle12152433
08-06-2010, 09:22 PM
im tired of debating this....and camp hasnt started yet. For future reference, will people please stop posting crap like this? Im worn out.

mikealike305
08-06-2010, 09:22 PM
willget closed.... buttt i agree, i think OKC will be really good

lakers4sho
08-06-2010, 09:23 PM
My thoughts? Defending champs, added more, got rid of the scrubs.

GoatMilk
08-06-2010, 09:24 PM
honestly, as of RIGHT NOW, none of those West teams have a chance

Boston and I guess Orlando have somewhat of a chance

still think it's LA/Miami. as least thats my preseason pick

i mean seriously?
Nuggets? these guys overachieved in 09
Thunder? too small still, not ready to beat the Lakers, cmon
Suns? no comment
Blazers? seriosuly? beating the Lakers? no
Dallas? no way man

Avenged
08-06-2010, 09:30 PM
The Lakers have earned the respect that's why they're thought highly of to make it back there.

Meanwhile, the Heat have yet to play together as a team so it's really difficult to put an unproven team in the Finals rather than a team who is proven.

GoatMilk
08-06-2010, 09:32 PM
and not to mention the Lakers have been to 3 straight Finals, with this season's team looking better than those other 3 teams...

LTBaByyy
08-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Miami and LA??????

Dude just stop all this, everyone said lakers and cavs last year just like they are doing the heat and lakers this year

and obviously they didnt get to the finals, PLUS the heat will have x10000 bigger target than the cavs did

Ovratd1up
08-06-2010, 09:34 PM
The real reason Miami might not make it out of the East is because of;

1. Interior Defense
2. Rebounding

These are things that the Lakers don't seem to have a problem with (Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Ratliff). Neither do the Celtics (Garnett, Perkins, O'Neal, O'Neal, Davis) or the Magic (Dwight, Howard, D12). And actually, neither do the Blazers (Oden, Camby, Aldridge, Pryzbilla) or a lot of teams.

topdog
08-06-2010, 09:41 PM
There will be an interesting storyline no matter what, especially if it is the most likely/expected match-ups of Lakers-HEAT or Lakers-Celts (with Shaq-Kobe reborn).

I'm not a big shaq fan, actually the guy is a world class douche in my opinion but he adds to the size of Boston which Miami is going to have trouble with.

kswissdaf
08-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Miami and LA??????

Dude just stop all this, everyone said lakers and cavs last year just like they are doing the heat and lakers this year

and obviously they didnt get to the finals, PLUS the heat will have x10000 bigger target than the cavs did

Ya but this years heat team is x1000000 times better then last years cavs

ink
08-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Pretty sure we've covered this 1,000 times already.