PDA

View Full Version : Are the Pacers gunna scoop one of the Raptors PG's?

spreadeagle
08-06-2010, 08:06 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?STORY_ID=17008&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz0vjsL7gym
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/pacers-still-searching-for-a-point-guard-but-options-are-limited-394970.html

More than 20 point guards have been traded or signed this NBA offseason, further limiting the Pacers' options. The Pacers likely will have to trade for a point guard because they don't have the money or roster space to sign one.

Cross Darren Collison of New Orleans and George Hill of San Antonio off your wish list. Officials from both teams told the Pacers they aren't available. All-Stars Chris Paul and Tony Parker never were an option.

When it's all said and done, embattled point guard T.J. Ford might be running the show again next season.

Here's a look at other possibilities:

Jose Calderon, Toronto

Calderon is a perfect fit for coach Jim O'Brien's system. He can shoot the 3-pointer and distribute the ball. The catch is his contract: three years, more than $29 million.

Jarrett Jack, Toronto

Jack had his best season as a Pacer, starting 53 games and appearing in all 82 during the 2008-09 season. He's familiar with the system, and the Pacers enjoyed playing with him.

I thought it was interesting the Pacers were looking at both Toronto Pg's and Jack did play well for them..Wonder what the trade scenario's would involve from the Pacers side. I dont think they can start Lance Stephenson at the point,hes too raw.Add the fact Toronto's deal to send Calderon to Bobcats fell through and im sure there might be some awkward feelings if he return's to Toronto and they are still wanting to move him

Sly Guy
08-06-2010, 08:15 PM
I hope so. What do you got, Indy? Throw us ur pitch

HoopsMachine
08-06-2010, 08:31 PM
I think that would be interesting if we trade Calderon to the Pacers. He's the reason why we traded TJ in the first place.

gbrl
08-06-2010, 08:33 PM
we will give you back tj hes now an expiring

spreadeagle
08-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Murphy,Rush,Ford,Dunleavy...? players on the pacers that im sure could be had

spreadeagle
08-06-2010, 08:34 PM
we will give you back tj hes now an expiring

No thanks lol maybe in some sort of package..we almost had Tyson Chandler n Diaw for Calderon hes an above average talent at PG IMO

Jays Claw
08-06-2010, 08:38 PM
The Pacers have two large expiring contracts (T.J Ford - $8.5 million & Mike Dunleavy - $10.6 million) that they could use as bait in a potential trade.

Khalifa21
08-06-2010, 08:52 PM
The Pacers have set themselves up great for this offseason, don't wanna ruin it.

spreadeagle
08-06-2010, 09:05 PM
The Pacers have set themselves up great for this offseason, don't wanna ruin it.

Jack only makes 5 mil a yr,good bargain

SA5195
08-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Jack only makes 5 mil a yr,good bargain

I don't think most Raps fans want him gone.

xbrackattackx
08-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Yea, I actually hope Jack gets the nod to start for the Raps he was awesome last season.

IndyFan
08-07-2010, 10:37 AM
pretty sure the pacers have no real interest in calderon. he is just too expensive for what will be an increase of maybe 4 wins next season. plus he takes a huge chunk of indy's cap space for next summer.

jack would be nice. the pacers really seemed to play better with him when he was here. but it appears the pacer front office does not think he is really an NBA level PG. and not worth a serious offer. the pacers would probably trade expirings for JJ, but i just don't see toronto going for that. so until toronto's price comes down or indy's offer improves, ain't gonna be a trade here.

:shrug:

Ragun
08-07-2010, 10:46 AM
id be pissed if the raptors trade jack.

Bryrob58
08-07-2010, 12:13 PM
The Raptors won't trade Jack. He proved that he can be a decent starter, but also is a leader on the floor. I also really like his ability to finish at the rim. Calderon is the guy that will go, but I'm not certain it will be to Indiana. Maybe for Dunleavy, but I don't see any good fits. The Pacers have done so well and creating flexibility, I think they would just rather wait for next years draft to select their PG.

Hellcrooner
08-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Yes trade Calderon to Indiana,

But r gos sake make it for TJ Ford,

If thsoe two have to share a locerk room again they may end up chasi n g each other with Machine guns at night until someones dead.

Let Toronto keep No IQ Jack and see them complain botu him in 2 months.

BHF
08-07-2010, 12:20 PM
id be pissed if the raptors trade jack.

if they trade jack and keep jose i will no longer be a raps fan lol

TO Rapz
08-07-2010, 12:26 PM
i dont see this happening. The pieces coming back from Indiana arent good enough in my opinion compared to the Tyson Chandler deal.

NBA-GMaster
08-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Indy could use Delonte West as their starting PG..

Hellcrooner
08-07-2010, 12:28 PM
i dont see this happening. The pieces coming back from Indiana arent good enough in my opinion compared to the Tyson Chandler deal.

You are rebuilding , so if you get a Expring that covers Jose salary you are more than good.

Well you oudl be more thang good if you handt extended a sueperstupid extension to your back up PF

TO Rapz
08-07-2010, 12:45 PM
I dont agree with the amount of money given to Amir, but it was that kind of offseason for everyone so your point is invalid. Also, we are looking for a true centre, a STAR small forward, and a true point guard. So if the Pacers are willing to deal with Roy Hibbert and send him back to us, then I would be all for it. I doubt that they would be willing to deal with their rook Paul George but him and Granger are VERY intriguing.

Hellcrooner
08-07-2010, 12:51 PM
I dont agree with the amount of money given to Amir, but it was that kind of offseason for everyone so your point is invalid. Also, we are looking for a true centre, a STAR small forward, and a true point guard. So if the Pacers are willing to deal with Roy Hibbert and send him back to us, then I would be all for it. I doubt that they would be willing to deal with their rook Paul George but him and Granger are VERY intriguing.

Oh yeah i can see that totally happening.

Pacers trading their star or their future for a players raptor fans dont believe is a starter :rolleyes:

ankit
08-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Heres a trade that makes sense, calderon, jack, two first for Danny Granger. Excellent trade for the raptros gets rid of two underacheiving point guards. Good for the pacers they solidify their pg positin and just fo clearin cap space we can take TJ back. :cool:

masalex1205
08-07-2010, 01:08 PM

come on dude

jtrinaldi
08-07-2010, 01:13 PM
so did the bucks,they will be able to sign mello:dance:

OT Thriller
08-07-2010, 01:18 PM

Realistically, I feel this move makes the most sense for the Pacers. But West's character off the court will probably prevent this from happening. The Pacers are still cautious of signing troubled players after the brawl incident. BUT he is a point guard and he is better than what they have now.

gwrighter
08-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Heres a trade that makes sense, calderon, jack, two first for Danny Granger. Excellent trade for the raptros gets rid of two underacheiving point guards. Good for the pacers they solidify their pg positin and just fo clearin cap space we can take TJ back. :cool:

:facepalm: X1000 for so many reasons.

Trouble87
08-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Lance Stephenson is on that team, he might surprise a few fans in Indy

The Panch
08-07-2010, 01:29 PM

I wouldn't mind that as a Pacers fan, well as long as he stays away from other players moms, :D

NBA-GMaster
08-07-2010, 01:31 PM
I wouldn't mind that as a Pacers fan, well as long as he stays away from other players moms, :D

haha!! :D

Bryrob58
08-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Lance Stephenson is on that team, he might surprise a few fans in Indy

I'm pretty sure they know what's up.

TO Rapz
08-07-2010, 01:45 PM
come on dude

What? Im not saying its going to happen or anything? As a matter of fact it makes NO sense for Indiana to trade away their future, but im not saying straight up for Calderon, we have an extra 1st rounder, and expirings like Reggie Evans. Im just saying that Indiana has FEW attractive pieces, and those are the pieces that the Raptors and any other NBA team should look towards. I m not a fan of a straight up financial deal, I d rather keep Jose. But if its a blockbuster involving multiple players, picks and a TPE, im all for it.

SpeedyRecovery
08-07-2010, 01:56 PM
raps want roy hibbert back, no question about it! we drafted him and never should have let him go.

NBA-GMaster
08-07-2010, 01:57 PM
As of today, there are 3 teams who are in need of a PG.. Pacers, Kings and Bobcats..

Raptor-54
08-07-2010, 01:59 PM
^^ Kings have Tyreke Evans.

Rebelo
08-07-2010, 02:52 PM
LOL... If I were Indiana I would be hesitant to even give up an expiring. Keep the expiring and sign a better PG than Calderon in the offseason. We Raptors fans seem to over value our players. Which ever team takes Calderon will be sending another bad contract maybe not as bad but bad unless our way.

Kashmir13579
08-07-2010, 04:37 PM
i thought lance stephenson was "amazing" or something?

IndyFan
08-07-2010, 04:50 PM
LOL... If I were Indiana I would be hesitant to even give up an expiring. Keep the expiring and sign a better PG than Calderon in the offseason. We Raptors fans seem to over value our players. Which ever team takes Calderon will be sending another bad contract maybe not as bad but bad unless our way.

just my opinion, but this is exactly what the pacer front office thinks. :nod:

calderon would be a nice fit for indiana. but he is going to take up almost $10M in cap space for the next 3 yrs. that is just too much for what he does. especially if the NBA addopts a hard cap next year.

:shrug:

gbrl
08-07-2010, 04:52 PM
^ pgs not his natural position and either way we dont want to throw him to the wolves needs time to develop

IndyFan
08-07-2010, 04:53 PM
i thought lance stephenson was "amazing" or something?

amazing enough to get a multi-year contract as a 2nd round pick. :nod:

had a nice summer league. looked like he could play the point. :pray:

but until the regular season starts it is hard to tell. let's see him bring the ball up against rondo before we get to amazing.;)

:laugh2: