PDA

View Full Version : Tolliver to sign with Wolves

IOWA29
08-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Chris Tommason, Senior NBA Writer

Forward Anthony Tolliver, one of the top free agents left out of a very thin crop, has reached an agreement to sign with Minnesota.

Tolliver's agent, Larry Fox, told FanHouse on Friday his client will join the Timberwolves. While Fox wouldn't discuss terms, sources said he'll get a two-year deal that could be worth as much as $4.8 million when incentives are considered.

"He's really excited,'' Fox said. "He can play (power forward) for them and be a stretch (small forward).''

The 6-foot-9 Tolliver, 25, averaged 11.7 points and 7.0 rebounds last season in 46 games with Portland and Golden State. Take away a scoreless two games with the Trail Blazers early in the season and he averaged 12.3 points and 7.3 rebounds in 44 games with the Warriors.

Golden State had strong interest in re-signing Tolliver. But in the end the Timberwolves, which had cleared a spot for Tolliver by trading Ryan Hollins last week, were thought to be the better option.

"They really wanted him,'' Fox said of the Timberwolves. "It was like college recruiting. We were out there last Sunday, and they took us to a Twins game.''

Tolliver has played two NBA seasons after being undrafted out of Creighton. He spent parts of 2008-09 with Cleveland and San Antonio. After being waived last December by Portland, he finally got his chance after he joined the injury-riddled Warriors last January.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/08/06/agent-tolliver-to-sign-with-minnesota/

Hawkeye15
08-06-2010, 04:45 PM
whatever

IOWA29
08-06-2010, 04:46 PM
what? lol.

Hawkeye15
08-06-2010, 04:46 PM
I will defend against any outlandish comments against the Wolves or Kahn, as usual. But this was simply a 2 year deal at low money to add more depth at all three frontcourt positions. Adds shooting, rebounding, and tenacity. Anyone who goes undrafted, plays D League, and makes it plays hard.
Nothing special. The Wolves also needed to make another signing to get to the cap minimum, so this is it.

IOWA29
08-06-2010, 04:48 PM
solid signing though. Tolliver did well with teh Warriors last year.

PlezPlayDKnicks
08-06-2010, 04:51 PM
This was a solid signing.... Tolliver plays hard

GSW Hoops
08-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Tolliver is a solid player. Good addition for the Wolves.

PlezPlayDKnicks
08-06-2010, 04:55 PM
I think Kahn should look at Earl Barron if u guys have room for another big. He's solid and crashes the boards hard with a good mid range shot...

nanablvd
08-06-2010, 04:56 PM
that's how Don Nelson does favors to and takes care of nobodies. Nelson's inclination of playing anyone with speed in the run and gun system allows not only young players to thrive overstatedly but also other teams to get to know the players.

uptownfan
08-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Craig Smith 2.0 for Minny.

Spreefor3!!!
08-06-2010, 05:03 PM
LOL Anthony Tolliver sucks. I've watched him play every single game as a Warrior and I can tell you now that he is not worth 4 million.

tredigs
08-06-2010, 05:10 PM
LOL Anthony Tolliver sucks. I've watched him play every single game as a Warrior and I can tell you now that he is not worth 4 million.

No, but he probably is worth 2 million - which is what he's getting per year. His FG% is not indicative of his shooting being that he's a PF. The dude launches threes - probably too many for his own good (though he did hit 37% from 3 in the D-League). He's a fine rebounder who can stretch the floor with his shot, solid free throw shooter for a big - and he does have a pretty damn smooth stroke when he's on - so the potential's there, just gotta find the consistency. Good bench option, imo.

Spreefor3!!!
08-06-2010, 05:22 PM
No, but he probably is worth 2 million - which is what he's getting per year. His FG% is not indicative of his shooting being that he's a PF. The dude launches threes - probably too many for his own good (though he did hit 37% from 3 in the D-League). He's a fine rebounder who can stretch the floor with his shot, solid free throw shooter for a big - and he does have a pretty damn smooth stroke when he's on - so the potential's there, just gotta find the consistency. Good bench option, imo.

Hes making $4.8 altogether and Im laughing at the fact that any team would sign him to a multi year deal-which is beyond me but I guesss thats what happens when D-Leaguers play for golden state.

Like I said before, in an uptempo system where you are allowed to jack up shots and a team with absolutely no bench due to injury (we had an 8 player roster last season), someone is bound to look like a good player. Tolliver was given minutes that no other team would have given an unathletic d-leaguer with no defense and who is a streak shooter. ANd believe me, his stroke is far from 'sweet'

Im glad GS didnt resign him. The $4 million that would have gone to Tolliver could have been spent on Anthony Morrow.

Ragun
08-06-2010, 05:28 PM
decent. nothing big.

GSW Hoops
08-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Hes making $4.8 altogether and Im laughing at the fact that any team would sign him to a multi year deal-which is beyond me but I guesss thats what happens when D-Leaguers play for golden state.

Like I said before, in an uptempo system where you are allowed to jack up shots and a team with absolutely no bench due to injury (we had an 8 player roster last season), someone is bound to look like a good player. Tolliver was given minutes that no other team would have given an unathletic d-leaguer with no defense and who is a streak shooter. ANd believe me, his stroke is far from 'sweet'

Im glad GS didnt resign him. The $4 million that would have gone to Tolliver could have been spent on Anthony Morrow.

You're talking like Tolliver got a massive deal. He's getting $2 million per season for two years, not a huge investment.

boeknows
08-06-2010, 05:39 PM

He is making $4.8 million over 2 years and there are incentives in that. He might make less than 2 mil each year but we dont know the incentives and how much they are worth.

IOWA29
08-06-2010, 05:47 PM
lol. yeah, under 2M per year is so damn big of a contract. That prolly just pushed the whole organization back. lmao.

Spreefor3!!!
08-06-2010, 05:53 PM
lol. yeah, under 2M per year is so damn big of a contract. That prolly just pushed the whole organization back. lmao.

Um isnt it already pushed back? lmao

Tolliver still isnt worth the money. $4.8 for an inconsistent big man...but I guess if Kahn is happy with him and his point guards..whatever.

BTW-isnt shaq earning $3 million with Boston?

Hawkeye15
08-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Um isnt it already pushed back? lmao

Tolliver still isnt worth the money. $4.8 for an inconsistent big man...but I guess if Kahn is happy with him and his point guards..whatever.

BTW-isnt shaq earning $3 million with Boston?

you are aware that the Wolves were under the threshold of the salary cap minimum, and that Toliver was one of the best FA's left, right?
Of course you are...

Spreefor3!!!
08-06-2010, 06:00 PM
you are aware that the Wolves were under the threshold of the salary cap minimum, and that Toliver was one of the best FA's left, right?
Of course you are...

LOL the best FA's? Have you even seen him play aside from 1 or 2 games?

I am aware that David Khan traded Al Jefferson for nothing, signed Ramon Sessions and then traded him to the Cavs because of the Ridnour signing, couldnt convince Ricky Rubio to play for him, pissed Chris Webber off by comparing him to Darko Milicic,traded the 16th pick + Gomes for Martell Webster, AND OVERPAID DARKO and some Russian guy... the list goes on.

David Kahn= Biggest idiot GM in the NBA

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-06-2010, 06:01 PM
He played well for the Warriors (ye their the warriors but their still an NBA team people) so I guess 2m this year and next year is fine, no big deal.

But I can see how everyone would trash any move from Khan considering the horrible moves he's made so far.

Hawkeye15
08-06-2010, 06:07 PM

I am aware that David Khan traded Al Jefferson for nothing, signed Ramon Sessions and then traded him to the Cavs because of the Ridnour signing, couldnt convince Ricky Rubio to play for him, pissed Chris Webber off by comparing him to Darko Milicic, AND OVERPAID DARKO and some Russian guy... the list goes on.

are you looking for an education?
In fact, never mind, not worth my time

Spreefor3!!!
08-06-2010, 06:10 PM
are you looking for an education?
In fact, never mind, not worth my time

Am I looking for an education? LOL thats a good comeback :clap:

Sarcasm btw

boeknows
08-06-2010, 06:16 PM

I am aware that David Khan traded Al Jefferson for nothing, signed Ramon Sessions and then traded him to the Cavs because of the Ridnour signing, couldnt convince Ricky Rubio to play for him, pissed Chris Webber off by comparing him to Darko Milicic,traded the 16th pick + Gomes for Martell Webster, AND OVERPAID DARKO and some Russian guy... the list goes on.

You should be talking about overpaying guys. You starting center makes $9 mil this season. Your starting PF makes $10.8 mil this year and your backup center makes over $7. Kindof funny since our starting center and our backup cost less than your starting center.

boeknows
08-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Am I looking for an education? LOL thats a good comeback :clap:

Sarcasm btw

Believe me if he wanted to he could take you to school on how many things were wrong with your post. He held off just so he didnt make you look like a dumbass in the post.

DeyAce
08-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Crown em

Spreefor3!!!
08-06-2010, 06:21 PM
You should be talking about overpaying guys. You starting center makes $9 mil this season. Your starting PF makes $10.8 mil this year and your backup center makes over $7. Kindof funny since our starting center and our backup cost less than your starting center.

First off,the Warrirors didnt sign David Lee or Dan Draduzric. They both came to GS via trade. Sure it was a S&T for Lee but he is an ALL-STAR. Darko is a BUST who hasnt even proven that he is worth the money that Kahn gave him

So whats your point exactly? Biedrins (when healthy) and David Lee are waaaay better than Darko Milicic and that Russian dude...if you think otherwise then you are an idiot.

IOWA29
08-06-2010, 06:30 PM
our PF and starting C are Klove and Darko. Not "some russian Guy" and Milicic.

IOWA29
08-06-2010, 06:31 PM
our backup PF is Beasley also btw.

And we are paying him im guessing 1.5-1.8M per year, with incentitives or however you spell it. Shaq is how old? Tolliver is 25 and has some upside, ill take him for what we paid him, he can play SF and PF. Pretty sure he can play some C too, but i doubt we play him there.

boeknows
08-06-2010, 06:32 PM
First off,the Warrirors didnt sign David Lee or Dan Draduzric. They both came to GS via trade. Sure it was a S&T for Lee but he is an ALL-STAR. Darko is a BUST who hasnt even proven that he is worth the money that Kahn gave him

So whats your point exactly? Biedrins (when healthy) and David Lee are waaaay better than Darko Milicic and that Russian dude...if you think otherwise then you are an idiot.

If your going to compare the guys then u better compare Love and Milicic with Biedrins and Lee. Otherwise your just comparing our starting center and backup PF with your starting center and starting power forward. But anyways with Love and Milicic i do believe right now the warriors guys are better. Love and Lee are about a wash but Biedrins when healty is better than Milicic. But our starting frontcourt makes a lot less than yours. Yours makes almost 20 mil compared to ours that makes almost 9 mil.

IOWA29
08-06-2010, 06:33 PM
and, you dont know anything about how Darko played for the Wolves last year. He was solid when he came here, so we maybe overpay him a lil, but we get a 7 footer that was solid for us last year.

Khalifa21
08-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Meh, ok signing. Good guy to have as a third string big man.

Lloyd Christmas
08-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Tolliver rules. Min will like him for sure. He had some huge rebounding games last year and has respectable outside shot for a power forward. It will be interesting to see if his game translates to the triangle offense. Either way, 4 mil is pocket change for an NBA franchise, so there is ittle risk.

Lloyd Christmas
08-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Meh, ok signing. Good guy to have as a third string big man.

Am I the only one who hates it when people use this word?

thekmp211
08-06-2010, 07:47 PM
he will be a nice look for the wolves off the bench.

thekmp211
08-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Am I the only one who hates it when people use this word?

no just the only person who'd bother to mention it. who cares.

Lloyd Christmas
08-06-2010, 08:08 PM
no just the only person who'd bother to mention it. who cares.

Well played. I don't really care, just wondered if I was alone in this. Its like when people use "fail" or even worse "epic fail". I don't punch through walls when I read these things, I just get annoyed.

PHX2daDEATH
08-06-2010, 08:10 PM
i thought tolliver was DEAD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGQaxdykWtM

thekmp211
08-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Well played. I don't really care, just wondered if I was alone in this. Its like when people use "fail" or even worse "epic fail". I don't punch through walls when I read these things, I just get annoyed.

lol no i do know what you mean. for me, it's the phrase "and it's not even close"

Fireworld
08-07-2010, 03:06 AM
Sota is just dumb. no one knows what the heck they're doing!!

HouRealCoach
08-07-2010, 03:54 AM
Over the last couple of years Min has become the worst Franchise in the NBA... I cant trust anything these fools do