PDA

View Full Version : Article On Bautista Concerning Seizing Chances

BlueJayCarter
08-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Read this article on the Blue Jays website. Not a bad article on Bautista and how he has seized his chance that has been given to him. I just hope if Toronto does sign him for three to four years that a similar level of production can be made as pitchers will attempt to change to Bautista's new approach like they have done to Lind.

Anyway here is the link

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100805&content_id=13058950&vkey=news_tor&fext=.jsp&c_id=tor

nithanyo
08-06-2010, 01:04 AM
A lot of the credit goes to cito for sticking with him. Cito is a really good manager. If he can manage the pen better he could be one of the best managers in baseball

Halladay
08-06-2010, 01:48 AM
A lot of the credit goes to cito for sticking with him. Cito is a really good manager. If he can manage the pen better he could be one of the best managers in baseball

But Cito isn't a good manager IMO. When he won those titles back in the day it's because he had so much skill to work with that I think just about anyone with baseball knowledge could have won a title with those teams. I'm not trying to come off that Cito is an idiot but time and time again since he's come back, he's been awful for the rebuilding situation as well as being a poor decision maker. He's the kind of manager you bring in if your on the verge of winning a world series not a manager you want to have when you've got a team rebuilding. He could get away with making bad decisions back in the 90's because there was so much skill and plenty of vets. Now, he doesn't have those options. He's working with raw players who are young for the most part. Another observation about him: he certainly seems to have favorites, a mistake by any manager. When you create a lineup, you make the lineup so it gives you the best chance to win. He sort of reminds me of a teacher with their pets.

BlueJayCarter
08-06-2010, 08:23 AM
You are right, Cito has made mistakes and he had an awesome line-up in 92 and 93, but at any time they could have imploded and not won anything. And even though as you say he plays favorites sticking with players over younger more suited players I don't know if we would be where we are 56-52 with another manager and get the same kind of production out of some of the players, pitchers and fielders, that we have had with Cito.

miller74
08-06-2010, 09:03 AM
im not a fan of cito thinking at times but both times he took this team over he made them better in 89 and 08

nithanyo
08-06-2010, 11:57 AM
You are right, Cito has made mistakes and he had an awesome line-up in 92 and 93, but at any time they could have imploded and not won anything. And even though as you say he plays favorites sticking with players over younger more suited players I don't know if we would be where we are 56-52 with another manager and get the same kind of production out of some of the players, pitchers and fielders, that we have had with Cito.

i noticed he does play favorites sometimes. I had this feeling that he favors Lind over Snider. But other than that i dont think he plays favs. He also sticks it out with his vets alot longer and doesnnt pinch hit em for youger guys. But thats just my opinion.

I like how he lets his young starters stick it through tough situatiions which has actually helped em.

The best thing about Cito is how he sticks with a player if he sees potential in them.

boilerguy2412
08-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Cito is a great coach but a bad manager,

I would not expect the same out of Jose next season, i think he's a .250, 25 hr, 70 RBI guy.

BlueJayCarter
08-06-2010, 12:19 PM
25 Home Runs will be excellent production, and if he keeps his average around .250 to .265 he might be in the range of 80-90 RBI's. Not bad for a career journeyman before he came to Toronto.

La11
08-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Read this article on the Blue Jays website. Not a bad article on Bautista and how he has seized his chance that has been given to him. I just hope if Toronto does sign him for three to four years that a similar level of production can be made as pitchers will attempt to change to Bautista's new approach like they have done to Lind.

Anyway here is the link

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100805&content_id=13058950&vkey=news_tor&fext=.jsp&c_id=tor

3-4 years when anthony gose(player you hate) comes up to the big leagues

BlueJayCarter
08-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Read my first posts when the Gose trade occured. I said I reserved judgement I did not hate it and I did not love it, and still don't like it because it was too much risk. Gose has been playing well right now but he is no where near MLB ready while Wallace has been doing okay at the Show with the Astros.

On another point, I and no one should be hating on a player especially a minor leaguer because they deserve a shot at the majors, if they make it great, if not then loss to their MLB club, which in Gose's case is the Blue Jays.

As A.A had an awful trade deadline, this trade just added onto it (my opinion). I unlike Toronto GM lover-boys don't want to give this GM a free ride on every single move and would like to question every move and give him props when he does stuff correctly, up until the Gose-Wallace trade, with A.A's draft, trades and signings he had been spot on (A). Unlike other people who were posting on twitter, here and Blue Jays Banter saying questioning his logic, I liked the selections he was making.

So move on noob and eat facepalm :facepalm: or go back to your A.A pajama party while I kick it back with sunglass emote.:cool:

And this is the one and only time I am going to defend myself on this board reguarding Gose, I don't need to justify my opinion to you or your friend StayonBoard.