PDA

View Full Version : Shannon Brown signs with the Lakers

shep33
08-05-2010, 02:59 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5440224

Kinda surprised he didn't go to NYC, more minutes, more money. But still very nice to see him back in LA.

HeatBBall
08-05-2010, 03:06 PM
I missed his 1hr special for his "decision" lol.

Jays Claw
08-05-2010, 03:07 PM
$4.6 million over a course of two years seems fair enough.

Reyes6
08-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Should've gone to NY imo, but not bad to play for another ring. Not sure if LA fans will love this.

mikantsass
08-05-2010, 03:15 PM
I dont think this matters much for LA. If they lost him, it would not have mattered. Now they retain him, I dont think it really matters. Good to add depth I guess, but Blake will take all of the minutes Brown got last year

Tony_Starks
08-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Right on Shannon!!! I thought New York was going to steal him for a minute but when you count the endorsements, playoff bonus, finals bonus from staying in Hollywood its a wash. Plus he gets a chance for ring #3!

While everyone else is crowning those other guys champs already, quiet as kept the Champions will have quite possibly the best bench in the league. Add Shannon with Blake, LO, Barnes and Caracter..... Very nice!!!

GoatMilk
08-05-2010, 03:21 PM
I dont think this matters much for LA. If they lost him, it would not have mattered. Now they retain him, I dont think it really matters. Good to add depth I guess, but Blake will take all of the minutes Brown got last year
Jordan Farmar is gone, remember?

he'll probably get the same time as he got last year

LakeShowRaider
08-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Now we have the best bench in the league.

GeekInThePink
08-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Congrats, good depth now

JordansBulls
08-05-2010, 03:30 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5440224

Kinda surprised he didn't go to NYC, more minutes, more money. But still very nice to see him back in LA.

When you are a role player and you have gotten titles already, IMO it is better to go somewhere else where you can make more money and get a bigger role.

isuk
08-05-2010, 03:37 PM
When you are a role player and you have gotten titles already, IMO it is better to go somewhere else where you can make more money and get a bigger role.

sure, you might make more money, but if he went to the knicks, he would kind of fall off the map and wouldnt be remembered. if he wins a couple more championships he will be remembered as part of a dynasty. somethings thats better then money

SouljahPhil...
08-05-2010, 03:43 PM

and btw the knicks offer was not that big after all..Its like almost 3 million but for 1 yr only...

championships
08-05-2010, 03:57 PM
I like the guy, He brings the staple center to its feet. Which is hard to do, usually it's too quiet. Crowd gets pumped, players get pumped

StickyGreenFan
08-05-2010, 03:59 PM

really? like we havent heard these 'decision' jokes enough already...

XxigglesphanxX
08-05-2010, 04:03 PM

trevor ariza learned that

and im sure he may have a different mind set now

NYtilIdie
08-05-2010, 04:07 PM
sure, you might make more money, but if he went to the knicks, he would kind of fall off the map and wouldnt be remembered. if he wins a couple more championships he will be remembered as part of a dynasty. somethings thats better then money

Scottie Pippen and Antoine Walker disagree.

GoldenArmor24
08-05-2010, 04:10 PM
:clap: Glad he stayed. Next sign the 2 rookies & this offseason is complete.

Great balance from top 2 bottom. Can't wait for the season to start!:up:

xbrackattackx
08-05-2010, 04:15 PM
I like brown would have rather got another Big but its all good.

Giantwarrior
08-05-2010, 04:24 PM
WHO CARES ABOUT SHANNON BROWN. he's not worth discussing in PSD.

xbrackattackx
08-05-2010, 04:25 PM
WHO CARES ABOUT SHANNON BROWN. he has more rings than anyone on my team.

x2

The Raven
08-05-2010, 04:34 PM
He better start playing more consistent if he wants to be worth what we paid

bignate14
08-05-2010, 04:41 PM
what does mean for Sasha , i hope he's gone , i feel his is very overrated

DieHardColtsfan
08-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Mixed emotions on this. Part of me wanted him on the Knicks, but I also wanted to stay stingy for next off season.

Kakaroach
08-05-2010, 04:57 PM
I like it, keep Brown at a fairly good price as compared to all of the other contracts this off-season. Good move by the Lakers.

djlamer
08-05-2010, 05:03 PM
WHO CARES ABOUT SHANNON BROWN. he's not worth discussing in PSD.
you're not worth discussing on PSD
welcome back cannon brown

Teeboy1487
08-05-2010, 05:16 PM
I like this but I'm not too excited. Sure, Shannon is a highlight waiting to happen, but he has to show more consistency and better judgment in the games. At least we got him for the right price. I like that.

Klivlend
08-05-2010, 05:25 PM

How long are these jokes gonna last?

ehehe*D. West railed Ms. James*ehehehe

It's still so funny...damnit

showtym24
08-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Jordan Farmar is gone, remember?

he'll probably get the same time as he got last year

Well barnes might take some from him. Im happy though. Glad we resigned him nothing wrong with depth.

PlezPlayDKnicks
08-05-2010, 05:27 PM
I was hoping to steal him from u guys for the right price. Congrats on resigning him

LA_Raiders
08-05-2010, 05:32 PM
ok

blazerman
08-05-2010, 06:00 PM

I know I would, gotta think of your future.

8kobe24
08-05-2010, 06:15 PM
2+ million per year is a bargain if he can bring that same energy off the bench night in and night out. Welcome back Shannon.

Khalifa21
08-05-2010, 07:18 PM
So glad he didn't come to NY... Roger Mason is a much better player and better fit.

ElMarroAfamado
08-05-2010, 07:29 PM
He better start playing more consistent if he wants to be worth what we paid

that doesnt make sense
he doesnt have to do **** by that rationale

LUKE WALTON makes more than him....
:facepalm:

yes, Luke Walton.

D Roses Bulls
08-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Should've gone to NY imo, but not bad to play for another ring. Not sure if LA fans will love this.

nope..... brown is the type of player that needs to play in a certain type of system to be successful. what did shannon brown do before he went to the lakers? nothing......

MrfadeawayJB
08-05-2010, 07:35 PM
If I was an LA fan I would want the front office to get Vujacic's contract off the books and make a strong push for a player like Delonte West.... even if that means trade sasha for a 2nd round pick or something...that depth would be extra scary...plus it would piss off lebron!

shep33
08-05-2010, 10:18 PM
If I was an LA fan I would want the front office to get Vujacic's contract off the books and make a strong push for a player like Delonte West.... even if that means trade sasha for a 2nd round pick or something...that depth would be extra scary...plus it would piss off lebron!

I'm willing to bet anything except my virginity that Sasha won't be there by the allstar break at the latest. Mitch is gonna package him and a draft pick to anybody just to get his contract off the books.

knicksfan23
08-06-2010, 07:35 AM
this really diappoints me
i just feel that his full potiental wont be made in a laker uniform
i think if he joined a team like the knicks(not sayin that cuz im a fan) he would turn into a better player
thought?

Khalifa21
08-06-2010, 07:42 AM
I'm not disappointed, i'm happy he didn't come to the Knicks.

He would've been commanding more money than Mason and wouldn't have fitted half as well into the system.

BrotherRedz
08-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Good Job LA

Let Shannon Brown Dunk again ok

LOL

bholly
08-06-2010, 07:54 AM
There's already a thread on the very first page of this forum.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519504

knicksfan23
08-06-2010, 08:21 AM
There's already a thread on the very first page of this forum.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519504

my b didnt see it

NBAfan4life
08-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Whats not to like about this deal. He is athletic can play acceptable D and is brought back for a very reasonable price. Plus I am willing to bet his defence only gets better. He is hanging around Kobe and his work ethic will only inspire the young kid along with the fact he will be looking for a payday when that contract is up.

krest213
08-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Good for Brown.
he thought the Market was gonna be like Ariza for him out their
child plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hugbees
08-06-2010, 09:36 AM
:clap: :clap:
Lakers make him look good. If he went to a mediocre/bad team he would of sunk like a rock. His game fits perfectly for that team only. Everyone else can breathe a sigh of relief.

FACarey1981
08-06-2010, 09:59 AM
They needed him, there's no doubt! Wouldn't be the same team without him. :clap:

Giants-49ers-Ws
08-06-2010, 10:25 AM
good resigning, lakers are very deep

GSW Hoops
08-06-2010, 10:59 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't NBA players get paid additional money for each playoff game?

If that's correct, a player like Brown would make more money on a winning team that advances deep into the playoffs (like the Lakers) even if his contract is smaller.

This is all I could find on the topic: http://forums.interbasket.net/f6/nba-players-paid-extra-money-for-9832/

GSW Hoops
08-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Think about this: If you're a professional athlete, you want to win, so why would you want to leave the back-to-back champs?

The Lakers are the rockstar team of the NBA right now. Hard to give that up.

Focused1
08-06-2010, 11:30 AM
nope..... brown is the type of player that needs to play in a certain type of system to be successful. what did shannon brown do before he went to the lakers? nothing......

I hear you, but that is why he should have moved on to show the world what he's learned. IMO he's set his Salary at that rate for good. So what happens next time around when he's a free agent, as a owner and a general manager would you give him more than 2 mil a yr .............NOPE

He should know that his "style of play" players come and go and in this financial market were in he probably should have said, I've help the Lakers win a championship and now it's time to do me and get a lil more money too.

Lakersho
08-06-2010, 11:43 AM
I'm willing to bet anything except my virginity that Sasha won't be there by the allstar break at the latest. Mitch is gonna package him and a draft pick to anybody just to get his contract off the books.

...I think the, " Luke Walton " fiasco will play out first. Sasha,emmm, was playing good and then the ankle while playin the clippers. If luke med. retires, sasha might stay. Its not that easy to teach our offence on the fly . Some pick it up fast , others like ,brian cook, farmar,morrison, never did or will . I dont know Shep33 , Your right the Virginity bets a risky one...:) Hell he could be packing his bags now...

JOSKOMANG4
08-06-2010, 11:51 AM
C: Andrew Bynum/Theo Ratliff
PF: Pau Gasol/Lamar Odom/Derrick Caracter
SF: Ron Artest/Matt Barnes/Luke Walton/Devin Ebanks
SG: Kobe Bryant/Sasha Vujacic
PG: Derek Fisher/Steve Blake/Shannon Brown.

DMasta718
08-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Good for the Lakers. Didn't really want him here.

numba1CHANGsta
08-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Lakers have the best starting 5, head coach, and bench in the NBA, the only team that could beat them are themselves

shep33
08-06-2010, 02:46 PM
...I think the, " Luke Walton " fiasco will play out first. Sasha,emmm, was playing good and then the ankle while playin the clippers. If luke med. retires, sasha might stay. Its not that easy to teach our offence on the fly . Some pick it up fast , others like ,brian cook, farmar,morrison, never did or will . I dont know Shep33 , Your right the Virginity bets a risky one...:) Hell he could be packing his bags now...

Haha man don't get me wrong, I'm a Sasha supporter... the guy seals game 7 of the finals, plays pesky D, runs the offense better than most players on our bench, and he seems like a great teammate.

But I understand its a business too, and Sasha is taking in a lot of money. Lakers are already in the luxury tax, and by trading Sasha they'll get a lot of money off of their cap. If we could keep Sasha I'm all in, but it seems extremely unlikely unless he's going to be our 3rd pg or 3rd sg, and really no 3rd string guy should be getting paid that much. Its unfair to Sasha too, I really think he can play good minutes in this league, but now he's playing behind Fish, Blake, Kobe, Brown, and maybe even Barnes if he takes the 2 spot from time to time.

But yeah, I really wish we could keep him, but it just looks unlikely at the moment.

The Walton thing is tricky... I don't know whats happening with him, cause we can't really trade him cause nobody would bite with all his injuries, he really has to retire if we were to get money back from him... which seems unlikely. He's making good money, don't see why he'd give that up.