PDA

View Full Version : Over or Under One Year for Erik Spoelstra?

shep33
08-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Anybody else think that Spoelstra is under the most "heat" for that team? The easy answer is Lebron... but if we look at the Heat's situation, this is a relatively young guy, and I've heard/read stuff about him and Wade having issues from time to time this season. But now with 2 more guys with pretty big ego's (doesn't have to be looked at in a bad way), can he handle coaching these guys?

I think this is the biggest question mark on that team... they got the roster, but teams with exceptional coaches have been the one's winning in the end.

What do you guys think... over or under for Spoelstra being the coach in 2011? And Why?

black1605
08-04-2010, 11:04 PM
he will not be fired mid-season, or before the season....either push, or over

Wade>You
08-04-2010, 11:05 PM
I think this is the biggest question mark on that team... they got the roster, but teams with exceptional coaches have been the one's winning in the end. Not always true, most recently Doc Rivers beat Phil Jackson in his first season with a good team.

shep33
08-04-2010, 11:08 PM
he will not be fired mid-season, or before the season....either push, or over

Bah my bad, I changed the title... haha good point, he wouldn't be fired halfway through.

DerekRE_3
08-04-2010, 11:09 PM
I think Spoelstra has done a pretty solid job with the Heat considering the lackluster talent they have had around Wade the past couple seasons.

shep33
08-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Not always true, most recently Doc Rivers beat Phil Jackson in his first season with a good team.

Yeah true, but at the same time those guys he had were all vets, and Doc won coach of the year back in 2000 with the Magic, so it wasn't like he was a no name before then. But yeah, he's not the sexiest name that people once thought of as for head coaches

ldawg
08-04-2010, 11:11 PM
I would not what his job right now he has more pressure on him than Mr Obama. If they don't win he will be fired and as it is Celtics and Lakers has the better teams and Orlando is right there with them. He should just go ahead and give Pat the play book back now.

WadeBirdman
08-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Im a fan of Spo and would like to see him have success with this team. Hes still young and he is a pretty good coach. I would really like to see him win a few titles.
Im saying over.

dhopisthename
08-04-2010, 11:15 PM
I think the only way spo gets fired is if they lose in the first two rounds

D1JM
08-04-2010, 11:16 PM
he will get fired if miami dont win the championship. I see riley taking over and trying to catch Phil Jackson.

Hellcrooner
08-04-2010, 11:16 PM
year?

he will be out the first time they lose back to back games

Come on, RIley is a man iht a lot of Pride , do you think he woudl ahve pt up all this strategy if he didnt think about coaching it HIMSELF?

He probably is thinking in winin 7 straight so he can be over phil.

as i said, first back to back defeat Spoelstra is out.

MiamiWadeCounty
08-04-2010, 11:17 PM
well u cant answer this now. if they win obiously he stays. if they dont get out of the east hes gone. if they lose in the finals it'll be close. maybe he'd have 1 more year then

kozelkid
08-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Spo appears to be a very knowledgeable guy. Even if Miami chokes (which I think they will), I don't think they will fire him. Now if he doesn't do it in 2 years...
I used to believe that Riley was gonna obviously come back, but it really doesn't appear to be the case. He probably feels too old from the stresses of coaching. Especially if that Doc Rivers rumor is true. I think Riley merely views Spo as his apprentice.

shep33
08-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Yeah this is a tricky situation for him... I actually think if he doesn't win this year he's gone. Like I've said before, he's had some rifts with Wade last season and now add in Bosh and James... more than anything I hope the players listen to him. If they listen to him and allow themselves to be coached this team will be scary.

jackdawson
08-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Anybody else think that Spoelstra is under the most "heat" for that team? The easy answer is Lebron... but if we look at the Heat's situation, this is a relatively young guy, and I've heard/read stuff about him and Wade having issues from time to time this season. But now with 2 more guys with pretty big ego's (doesn't have to be looked at in a bad way), can he handle coaching these guys?

I think this is the biggest question mark on that team... they got the roster, but teams with exceptional coaches have been the one's winning in the end.

Did you mean WADE having issues with Spolestra?? That's absolutely wrong. He loves Spo and actually convinced Bron to play under Spo. WADE is the biggest Spo supporter on the franchise and he will make sure Spo has this full season to prove himself. I agree he will be gone if we don't win this year..but that's not likely :)

shep33
08-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Did you mean WADE having issues with Spolestra?? That's absolutely wrong. He loves Spo and actually convinced Bron to play under Spo. WADE is the biggest Spo supporter on the franchise and he will make sure Spo has this full season to prove himself. I agree he will be gone if we don't win this year..but that's not likely :)

See I dunno man, I read articles like the one's below stating otherwise.

http://www.allbusiness.com/sports-recreation/sports-recreation-events/13914759-1.html

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/02/16/are-dwyane-wade-and-spoelstra-on-the-same-page/

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/02/wade-no-beef-with-spoelstra/

I just remember there being a rift between them during the season... only thing is he's got to deal with 3 guys who all have egos (not necessarily a bad thing individually), but can the big question is if he's gonna be able to handle that talent.

jackdawson
08-04-2010, 11:37 PM
See I dunno man, I read articles like the one's below stating otherwise.

http://www.allbusiness.com/sports-recreation/sports-recreation-events/13914759-1.html

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/02/16/are-dwyane-wade-and-spoelstra-on-the-same-page/

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/02/wade-no-beef-with-spoelstra/

I just remember there being a rift between them during the season... only thing is he's got to deal with 3 guys who all have egos (not necessarily a bad thing individually), but can the big question is if he's gonna be able to handle that talent.

I don't know about these articles. I follow Heat reporters and all they have said thus far is that Wade is the reason why Spo will remain the coach and he is the one who convinced LeBron that Spo can get it done. Only time Wade questioned Spo during the season when he said our offense was too predictable and since he was right Spo made adjustments. I can't recall any other issues between them. We Heat fans in general know that Wade is gonna be mad upset if Spo doesn't get chances to prove himself.

Knickerbocker34
08-04-2010, 11:40 PM
he has one year to win a championship.... with this team they wouldnt give him a chance to mess up twice

shep33
08-04-2010, 11:46 PM
I don't know about these articles. I follow Heat reporters and all they have said thus far is that Wade is the reason why Spo will remain the coach and he is the one who convinced LeBron that Spo can get it done. Only time Wade questioned Spo during the season when he said our offense was too predictable and since he was right Spo made adjustments. I can't recall any other issues between them. We Heat fans in general know that Wade is gonna be mad upset if Spo doesn't get chances to prove himself.

Cool to know, I just remember some rumblings thats all, maybe just people blowing stuff out of proportion.

Drunk Kosar 19
08-05-2010, 12:04 AM
Ricky Ricardo

ragee
08-05-2010, 12:32 AM
I think Spoelstra has done a pretty solid job with the Heat considering the lackluster talent they have had around Wade the past couple seasons.
True but although Riley is one hell of a GM, he is still a douche... If he smells championship near his team, he would find a way to coach and that would be firing poor Spoelstra... Then go back upstairs when everything turns to $#it... I sure hope I am wrong... I think Spoelstra can coach the Heat...

THE MTL
08-05-2010, 01:02 AM
I think anyone could coach of team of Lebron and Wade. Those guys are VERY HIGH IQ players which makes coaching a easy. However, he is not the big time EXPERIENCED coach that should be coaching this team.

If Riley does come back, he would def put Eric on the assistant coaching staff. He is nothing more than Riley's apprentice.

DerekRE_3
08-05-2010, 02:32 AM
True but although Riley is one hell of a GM, he is still a douche... If he smells championship near his team, he would find a way to coach and that would be firing poor Spoelstra... Then go back upstairs when everything turns to $#it... I sure hope I am wrong... I think Spoelstra can coach the Heat...

Yeah we'll just see what happens. I hope Spoelstra does well, and if Riley pulls that **** on him I'm sure he will find another job pretty quickly. If Vinny Del Negro can get rehired as a coach...Spoelstra should have no problem.

sargon21
08-05-2010, 03:34 AM
i'll go with the ole' Wilbon push... I think they dont make it out of the east this year, and then Riley comees in to take all their credit for the future sucess

Knick4Knack
08-05-2010, 03:56 AM
:burn:

He's toast....

robdizzle3
08-05-2010, 04:00 AM
Pat Riley will come down when the Heat are 24-3 and Erik will come down with an "illness' that will end his career, but will be coaching the Clippers next season.