PDA

View Full Version : What if the pistons decided to keep and pay their young talented bench they had?

LTBaByyy
08-04-2010, 05:55 PM
They couldve had a nice young squad instead of keeping the veterans the last 2 years and adding BG and CV, What do yall think.....

Their line up could be right now:

Stuckey
Affalo
Jeberko
Maxiell
Monroe

Will Bynum
Amir Johnson
Austin Day

Gators123
08-04-2010, 05:59 PM
We traded Darko to the Magic and got the 15th pick (ended up being Stuckey)

And our record would of been different so we probably wouldn't of ended up with Jerebko, Daye, or Monroe.

Highlight
08-04-2010, 06:00 PM
We traded Darko to the Magic and got the 15th pick (ended up being Stuckey)

And our record would of been different so we probably wouldn't of ended up with Jerebko, Daye, or Monroe.

Well said.

Done and done.

LTBaByyy
08-04-2010, 06:01 PM
oh dang lol just a thought though

Highlight
08-04-2010, 06:03 PM
oh dang lol just a thought though

Well at least you got your thoughts answered :D

blazerman
08-04-2010, 06:09 PM
If they had kept everybody, uhh they'd still be middle of the pack.

h2r09
08-04-2010, 06:14 PM
theyd still be a non playoff time

DerekRE_3
08-04-2010, 06:25 PM
They'd still not be good...

zambo4president
08-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Yeah nothing impressive :shrug:

xbrackattackx
08-04-2010, 06:39 PM
I like what the pistons are doing.

DerekRE_3
08-04-2010, 06:45 PM
I like what the pistons are doing.

Paying a shitload of money to Gordon and CV31?

Gators123
08-04-2010, 06:49 PM

Bash them all you want, but they were one of the most injured teams last year, And still won more games then your Kings :)

Dol-Fan
08-04-2010, 06:53 PM
The only people on that list that aren't currently on their roster are Amir Johnson and Afflalo. How would those two make them any better? :confused:

KDM1986
08-04-2010, 07:05 PM
You could what if anything but at the end of the day it means nothing. Also it probably wouldnt have changed too much.

Bryrob58
08-04-2010, 07:07 PM
They couldve had a nice young squad instead of keeping the veterans the last 2 years and adding BG and CV, What do yall think.....

Their line up could be right now:

Stuckey
Affalo
Jeberko
Maxiell
Monroe

Will Bynum
Amir Johnson
Austin Day

:ohno:

Please.

Bryrob58
08-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Hey did you know that if the Pistons drafted Aminu, they wouldn't have Monroe?

LTBaByyy
08-04-2010, 07:13 PM
:ohno:

Please.

okay smart ***

They all had great potential when they all were coming off the bench behind sheed chauncey and all them

DerekRE_3
08-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Bash them all you want, but they were one of the most injured teams last year, And still won more games then your Kings :)

The Kings play in a conference where 50 games gets you the 8th seed. The Pistons play in a conference where 40 is good enough. The Kings also don't have two huge unmovable contracts and have a franchise player who is only 20 and maybe another who is 19. The Kings future is 10x brighter than the Pistons.

pistonsfanomg
08-04-2010, 07:24 PM
bash them all you want, but they were one of the most injured teams last year, and still won more games then your kings :)

got em

Gators123
08-04-2010, 07:27 PM
The Kings play in a conference where 50 games gets you the 8th seed. The Pistons play in a conference where 40 is good enough. The Kings also don't have two huge unmovable contracts and have a franchise player who is only 20 and maybe another who is 19. The Kings future is 10x brighter than the Pistons.

Tayshaun has a expiring contract, I'm not worried about that.

And are you referring to Cousins as a franchise player? Isn't he the same guy that needs a babysitter?

DerekRE_3
08-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Tayshaun has a expiring contract, I'm not worried about that.

And are you referring to Cousins as a franchise player? Isn't he the same guy that needs a babysitter?

All the red flags on Cousins are overblown. He has all the tools to be a complete stud and a franchise big man.

And one expiring contract does not make up for two $50 plus mil contracts.

pistonsfanomg
08-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Can't believe that people think just because DeMarcus Cousins had a good summer league that he will be the best rookie.

Lol Austin Daye in his first Summer League did amazing but did "ok" in the season.

Plus look at the size Cousins was playing against in summer league

We will see how good he is when he plays with the competition

Gators123
08-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Can't believe that people think just because DeMarcus Cousins had a good summer league that he will be the best rookie.

Lol Austin Daye in his first Summer League did amazing but did "ok" in the season.

He only shot 30% in summer league, not really impressed with that.

Gators123
08-04-2010, 07:35 PM
All the red flags on Cousins are overblown. He has all the tools to be a complete stud and a franchise big man.

And one expiring contract does not make up for two $50 plus mil contracts.

Who?

DerekRE_3
08-04-2010, 07:39 PM

Nobody said he'd be the best rookie, but I'd put a lot of money on him being the best big man out of the draft this year and in the future as well. You just had to watch what he did specifically to get why people think he will be a stud. He's huge (6'11 285 with a 7'5 wingspan), he's strong, and he plays with intensity. He averaged a rebound every 2 minutes in college, which is ridiculous. He is already a great rebounder on the defensive and offensive glass. Not only that, he has a ton of skill as well. He can shoot out to 20 feet, he has great vision and is a gifted passer, and he has advanced post moves and footwork. Add in that he is still 19 years old, and you have yourself a potential franchise big man.

1-800-STFU
08-04-2010, 07:40 PM
The Pistons are probably in the worst financial situation of ANY NBA team and they will suck for long periods on time, no matter what.

JWO35
08-04-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm still pissed we traded Affalo for cap space to sign Chris f'n Wilcox :pity:
Other than that, we still have all those guys..except that walking foul machine Amir Johnson.

I don't get why people claim the Pistons don't have a bright future...Gordon and Villanueva's contracts actually look decent seeing that Darko is getting 5mil/yr and Rudy Gay of all people gets a max deal.

Khalifa21
08-04-2010, 07:43 PM
That team would challenge the Sixers 9 loss record.

DerekRE_3
08-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Who?

Ben Gordon: 5 years/$55 mil
Charlie V: 5 years/$35\7 mil

I thought CV31 made more but those are still two bad contracts to have and there is really no question as to who has the better future between the Kings and Pistons.

I don't remember who said it, but the whole argument that the Pistons had a better record than the Kings, therefore they are in better shape is terribly misguided.

2008-2009 Season
Oklahoma City Thunder: 23-59
Detroit Pistons: 39-43

Pretty sure right after that season ended everyone would have said that the Thunder were in way better shape and had a better future than the Pistons.

Gators123
08-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Ben Gordon: 5 years/$55 mil
Charlie V: 5 years/$35\7 mil

Well now its.....

4 years/44 mil
and
4 years/28 mil

;)

Bryrob58
08-04-2010, 07:53 PM
okay smart ***

They all had great potential when they all were coming off the bench behind sheed chauncey and all them

:laugh2:

All of those players save Monroe were picked at 15 or lower. Great potential. Just stop.

Bryrob58
08-04-2010, 07:55 PM
What if they picked Melo? What if they resigned Okur? Things change. That team you posted would win about 30 games, tops. A bunch of bench players, IMO.

oOo Rhino oOo
08-04-2010, 08:56 PM
What happened to summers?

Gators123
08-04-2010, 09:00 PM
What happened to summers?

He's still on the team.

briansc88
08-04-2010, 09:16 PM
The kings might be good but they also might leave sacramento for las vegas

nearyG
08-04-2010, 09:21 PM
one of the worst moves for them in rebuilding mode was to give away amir johnson, basically for nothing. He had a great year with the Raptors off the bench and could be a starter this year and definately could be a starter on Detroit (no doubt about it)....instead detroit over-paid for two of the most over-rated, selfish players in the league in ben gordon and charlie villaneuva....everyone used to say how good Joe Dumars was as a GM...this guy is still paying Ben Wallace...who are they buddies or something??? the guy trades billups for iverson which is one of the worse trades (if not the worst) in the past decade...and why do u sign ben gordon when u got crazy money invested in richard hamilton already...who pays over 10 mill for a bench player?? this franchise might be in worse shape than the knicks or nets or even NEW ORLEANS (they still have chris paul)....that is sad, i really enjoyed watching them when they were contenders...

ps...i always forget to mention that dumars drafter darko....wow...this guy isnt fired???

imagine detroit fans...what it could have been:

C Wallace-Maxiell-Wilcox
PF Monroe-Johnson-Wilcox
SF Prince-Jerebko-Casspi
SG Wade-Hamilton-Stuckey
PG Billups-Stuckey-Bynum

aZekuiS
08-04-2010, 09:23 PM

The Kings are paying F. Garcia 24M over the next 4 seasons, & Udrih 22M over the next 3, that's 46M owed to garbage. That's worse than anything Detroit has. Also, you're franchise player is a headcase and a loser who drives his cousin around to kill someone and was caught swerving between lanes @ 130 mph. You're other franchise player apparantly has the personality of child who sulks and complains during summer league and needed his high school coach to baby sit him. Keep those piles of trash on your team and see where it gets you. You're team hasn't won a championship since 1951, and the Kings probably won't even make the playoffs within the next 5 years. Don't worry about the Pistons, buddy - unlike the Kings, they have a history that proves they know what they're doing.

LakeShowRaider
08-04-2010, 09:28 PM
That lineup is ****in GARBAGE....a nice young lineup is the Thunder

Gators123
08-04-2010, 09:29 PM
one of the worst moves for them in rebuilding mode was to give away amir johnson, basically for nothing. He had a great year with the Raptors off the bench and could be a starter this year and definately could be a starter on Detroit (no doubt about it)....instead detroit over-paid for two of the most over-rated, selfish players in the league in ben gordon and charlie villaneuva....everyone used to say how good Joe Dumars was as a GM...this guy is still paying Ben Wallace...who are they buddies or something??? the guy trades billups for iverson which is one of the worse trades (if not the worst) in the past decade...and why do u sign ben gordon when u got crazy money invested in richard hamilton already...who pays over 10 mill for a bench player?? this franchise might be in worse shape than the knicks or nets or even NEW ORLEANS (they still have chris paul)....that is sad, i really enjoyed watching them when they were contenders...

LMAO@ everything in that post, especially the bold part. Your obviously a Toronto fan. AMIR IS TRASH. Don't talk about Dumars overpaying anybody becuase CV and Amir have the same contract. I can't believe a Raptors fan is talking about the Pistons. Have fun watching your team win 20 games.

ps...i always forget to mention that dumars drafter darko....wow...this guy isnt fired???

imagine detroit fans...what it could have been:

C Wallace-Maxiell-Wilcox
PF Monroe-Johnson-Wilcox
SF Prince-Jerebko-Casspi
SG Wade-Hamilton-Stuckey
PG Billups-Stuckey-Bynum

You do understand that the Pistons record would of changed, which means their Draft picks would of changed, right?

You should pay attention to your own GM before you talk about Dumars.

fadedmario
08-04-2010, 09:34 PM

Gordon makes 10 and CV makes 7. Thats not that much with all the money being spent on bums this offseason

GuySir
08-04-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm just waiting for this thread to morph into the Rodney Stuckey debate.... you know it's coming

The Final Boss
08-04-2010, 09:36 PM
shoulda woulda coulda

fadedmario
08-04-2010, 09:38 PM
In the last 25 years I think only 7 teams have won a title. If your a fan of a team that doesn't belong to that group of seven. Shut the **** up. The Pistons will be fine. We've won 3 during that time. I can't believe a Kings and Raptors fan are talking ****. What have your franchises ever done?

Gators123
08-04-2010, 09:40 PM
In the last 25 years I think only 7 teams have won a title. If your a fan of a team that doesn't belong to that group of seven. Shut the **** up. The Pistons will be fine. We've won 3 during that time. I can't believe a Kings and Raptors fan are talking ****. What have your franchises ever done?

Thank you..

RAPTORS fan talking ****??? LMAO this is funny

BlazingJ
08-04-2010, 09:44 PM
As a blazers fan I really admired your 2004 team. the lineup of billups hamilton prince wallace and wallace was just perfection. Blazers kinda have a similiar lineup. Pistons have been good for years until now btw..

fadedmario
08-04-2010, 09:47 PM
As a blazers fan I really admired your 2004 team. the lineup of billups hamilton prince wallace and wallace was just perfection. Blazers kinda have a similiar lineup. Pistons have been good for years until now btw..

If Oden plays healthy for 82 games you guys will be a very good team. Maybe even have a shot at winning the west.

lionsfanphil
08-04-2010, 09:56 PM
I too am a fan of the pistons but and I am not a huge fan of the moves dumars has made but he traded away our best player once( grant hill) and brought in some bench players and well traveled ones to put together a hell of a run of almost a decade. I will be excited to see this team stay healthy but do agree we need some big guys. Hopefully we can thin out our SGs and or SFs to get a big. In regards to the blazer fan. I love the makeup and youth of your team they are one of my favs to watch. I would love to see you guys put it all together

LTBaByyy
08-04-2010, 10:01 PM
One of the mods, close this thread haha i didnt think it would turn into a argument between kings-pistons-raps fans

it was a minor thought haha

fadedmario
08-04-2010, 10:10 PM
One of the mods, close this thread haha i didnt think it would turn into a argument between kings-pistons-raps fans

it was a minor thought haha

Maybe you should stop making so many threads. 61 in a month. :facepalm:

Do you need the attention or something?

Bryrob58
08-04-2010, 10:21 PM

+1. I was gonna say this but he already called me a smartass so why bother.

IversonIsKrazy
08-04-2010, 11:25 PM
They'd still suck. This is one of the worst "what if"

LTBaByyy
08-04-2010, 11:32 PM

Thats funny bc your replying and commenting in a thread i made??

Your the one giving me attention and go look at all the threads i made, atleastttttttttttt 3 pages on all of them :)

fadedmario
08-05-2010, 12:41 AM
Thats funny bc your replying and commenting in a thread i made??

Your the one giving me attention and go look at all the threads i made, atleastttttttttttt 3 pages on all of them :)

Someone had to call you out

S-Dot
08-05-2010, 03:30 PM
tradng Billups hurt them the most...an irreplaceable leader IMO for that team. He should have retired a Piston, especially after his performance in the 2004 Finals.

xbrackattackx
08-05-2010, 04:16 PM

Exactly.