08-04-2010, 09:30 AM
should of come to the bulls

more money an more pt

tdunk21
08-04-2010, 09:33 AM
omg....

Giantwarrior
08-04-2010, 09:37 AM
shaq will destroy another team. now the celtics will have the biggest egos in the game. i wonder how that is going to turn out.

mikantsass
08-04-2010, 09:41 AM

more money an more pt

He wants his 5th ring, he wont get that in Chicago

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
08-04-2010, 09:41 AM
their front court is gonna be bending the floorboards

Niro
08-04-2010, 09:44 AM

sigbet he wont get it in boston?

Giantwarrior
08-04-2010, 09:46 AM
the Celtics are so old and going to be sooo SLOW!

BOSTON617
08-04-2010, 09:51 AM
sigbet he wont get it in boston?

the odds of that bet are ridiculous but if we made it to the ecf ill def take you on that ;) but ill sig bet u shaq on the celts will get a ring before lebron on the heat so the next two years shaq will get a ring before lebron

tdunk21
08-04-2010, 09:52 AM
shaq will destroy another team. now the celtics will have the biggest egos in the game. i wonder how that is going to turn out.

i disagree with that.....and i agree with ur sig

redsox0717
08-04-2010, 09:54 AM

Made it to game 7 of the NBA finals. OMG DEY DO OLD AND SLOW

Hellcrooner
08-04-2010, 09:54 AM
good i hope they get rid of the miami Cheat the next to seasons to fall against lakers in the finalls Twice,

BOSTON617
08-04-2010, 10:00 AM
good i hope they get rid of the miami Cheat the next to seasons to fall against lakers in the finalls Twice,

if we see the lakers in the championship there is no way in hell you will stop

j.o, big baby, shaq, sheed (he will come back for playoffs), perk, and kg

playoffs

rond, avery
ray allen, nate
pierce, big baby, daniels
kg, j.o
perkins, shaq

thats crazy size

Rangerchick
08-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Didn't they need to add a C because Perkins is out for most of the season?

Giantwarrior
08-04-2010, 10:07 AM

playoffs

rond, avery
ray allen, nate
kg, j.o
perkins, shaq

thats crazy size

Sheed will be so fat if is not with the team during the season. he will make ZERO impact on the team.

JordansBulls
08-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Miami vs Boston in Round 2.

BOSTON617
08-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Sheed will be so fat if is not with the team during the season. he will make ZERO impact on the team.

ok sheed wasnt that bad during the playoffs like come on man sheed will be a great option to have :rolleyes:

BOSTON617
08-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Miami vs Boston in Round 2.

who you got your money on?

97NYer
08-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Wow Shaq is trash this is terrible.

Perkins/Shaq/J.O
KG/Big Baby

If they are all healthy where the hell do you find PT?

Oakmont_4
08-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Wow Shaq is trash this is terrible.

Perkins/Shaq/J.O
KG/Big Baby

If they are all healthy where the hell do you find PT?

Shouldn't be a problem

Perkins won't be back until late in the season. Once he gets back its not like he's going to jump in and play 30 mins a game anyways. He only logged 27 per game last year.

KG - 25 mins (avg 29 last year)
Shaq - 15-20 mins
Baby - 15 - 20 mins
JO - 20 mins
Perk - 10-15 mins. (avg 27 last year)

PFs (48 total mins avail)
KG - 25 mins
Baby - 15 mins
JO - 8 mins (when Perkins is back)

C - (28 total mins avail)
Shaq - 20 mins
JO - 12 mins.
Perk - 16 mins.

I don't see what the issue is here. They are all older guys (except Perk and Baby) 15-20 mins a game they will give you solid production and will not be worn out for the playoffs. This will also help with fouls seeing Boston is a physical team and their bigs always are in foul trouble.

JordansBulls
08-04-2010, 10:36 AM
who you got your money on?

Miami will be favorites, I have to see how KG comes back.

The Miami Cheat
08-04-2010, 10:38 AM
shaq should've went to the spurs, but i think he'll do pretty good on the celtics

LA_Raiders
08-04-2010, 10:43 AM
The Old getting Older... Shaq is done, they can beat the CHeat with their size, but they can't beat Orlando...

1-Orl
2-Bos
3-Cheat
4-Chi

Celtic AL
08-04-2010, 10:44 AM

:facepalm:

Celtic AL
08-04-2010, 10:44 AM
The Old getting Older... Shaq is done, they can beat the CHeat with their size, but they can't beat Orlando...

1-Orl
2-Bos
3-Cheat
4-Chi

your joking right?:facepalm:

BrotherRedz
08-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Rich gets Richer - Lakers
Old gets Older - Celtics
Cheat gets Titles - Heat
Bulls gets Crap - Bulls

Tmath
08-04-2010, 10:56 AM
I love how everyone is saying they can't beat the Heat when they haven't even played 1 game. For all we know Lebron could get a serious injury this season (jinxed)

BOSTON617
08-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Miami will be favorites, I have to see how KG comes back.

ya your right about kg but i think he can def shut down bosh

Khalifa21
08-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Shaq doing his rounds of the NBA.

Trouble87
08-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Shaq shouldve retired

MaHaRaJaH
08-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Finally, a Shaq not overpaid.

Kakaroach
08-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Thats one hell of a crowded front-court. Still, having Shaq should only help that veteran locker room.

unwantedplayer
08-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Didn't they need to add a C because Perkins is out for most of the season?

Until late Jan-Early Feb.

tredigs
08-04-2010, 11:11 AM
http://www.gameguru.in/images/lotro-angmar-1.jpg

^ Shaq. "The Shadows"; soulless ring hunter. That's what came to mind when I heard this finally went through.

Another entertaining storyline to follow next season, though - I'm glad he signed.

Thats one hell of a crowded front-court. Still, having Shaq should only help that veteran locker room.

I'm not sure I could disagree any more with that statement... They seemed to have pretty great chemistry, and Shaq is a known chemistry disturber.

KDM1986
08-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Rich gets Richer - Lakers
Old gets Older - Celtics
Cheat gets Titles - Heat
Bulls gets Crap - Bulls

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.":facepalm:

JOSKOMANG4
08-04-2010, 11:13 AM
C: SHAQ/Jermaine O'Neal
PF: Kevin Garnett/Glen Davis/Luke Harangody
SF: Paul Pierce/Marquis Daniels
SG: Ray Allen/Von Wafer/Avery Bradley
PG: Rajon Rondo/Nate Robinson

*Kendrick Perkins: Expected to be out 1st half of 2010-2011 season.
*Rasheed Wallace (expected to retire)

I actually wished that the Hawks & Cavs would of made that S&T deal to land Big Diesel in the ATL.

C: SHAQ/Zaza Pachulia
PF: Al Horford/Josh Powell
SF: Josh Smith/Maurice Evans
SG: Joe Johnson/Jamal Crawford/Jordan Crawford
PG: Mike Bibby/Jeff Teague

YOUTH MOVEMENT WOULD OF STARTED IN CLEVELAND

C: Anderson Varejao/Ryan Hollins
PF: Antawn Jamison/J.J. Hickson/Leon Powe/#Jawad Williams
SF: M.WILLIAMS/Jamrio Moon/Joey Graham
SG: Anthony Parker/Danny Green/Christian Eyenga
PG: Mo Williams/Ramon Sessions/Daniel Gibson

Hellcrooner
08-04-2010, 11:16 AM

playoffs

rond, avery
ray allen, nate
kg, j.o
perkins, shaq

thats crazy size

tey can beat heat because they have no legit center.

But Pau and Baynum and Odom are much too fast and movbile for cetls frontcour t to stop

Ragun
08-04-2010, 11:17 AM
great move for the celtics.

the presence of shaq is always huge.

tredigs
08-04-2010, 11:22 AM
tey can beat heat because they have no legit center.

But Pau and Baynum and Odom are much too fast and movbile for cetls frontcour t to stop

Do you just have the fattest fingers on earth, or do you write like this on purpose Crooner? I have to know.

edit: I think Miami with Bosh/Z/Haslem is probably more than enough to "slow" that frontcourt down while Lebron and Wade steamroll through on offense. But, we shall see.

Cap'nCrunch40
08-04-2010, 11:26 AM
If They Win The Title This Year I Will **** My Pants. If Perkins Doesn't Get Injured In Game Six , I Can't See Them Signing Both Of These Guys. Maybe There Is A Silver Lining In This Year's Finals Loss.

Avenged
08-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Good signing for the Celtics, adding length never hurts.

I doubt he'll go in there and disrupt the chemistry the Celtics have built, they're a bunch of veteran players who know how to keep players in check. The guy signed for cheap so I'm pretty sure he understands the type of roll he's going to have.

tredigs
08-04-2010, 11:30 AM
^Good point with the ego-check on signing for the vet-min. He's also in a different situation than all the other teams he's shipped to in that they are fresh off a finals appearance, so he might just be content to enjoy the ride and help in any small way he can this year. IF that is the case, then it's going to work out well for them.

Gibby23
08-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Shaq becomes the C's best post player. They now have a guy they can dump the ball to and he can make a strong post move.

Hellcrooner
08-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Do you just have the fattest fingers on earth, or do you write like this on purpose Crooner? I have to know.

edit: I think Miami with Bosh/Z/Haslem is probably more than enough to "slow" that frontcourt down while Lebron and Wade steamroll through on offense. But, we shall see.

small notebok keyboard, keys are semideleted by time, also poured water on it and has some broken keys.

Nightmare.

tredigs
08-04-2010, 11:41 AM
small notebok keyboard, keys are semideleted by time, also poured water on it and has some broken keys.

Nightmare.

hahah ahhh k, thank you.

Hellcrooner
08-04-2010, 11:44 AM
i wonder.....

no 32, no 33, no 34 no 35 .......

what number will he use next=?

30? 31? 36?

hugepatsfan
08-04-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm so giddy right now. Shaq is fat and not that good, but who the **** cares. I love Shaq!!! And now he's on my favorite team!!! Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Tmath
08-04-2010, 11:48 AM
i wonder.....

No 32, no 33, no 34 no 35 .......

What number will he use next=?

30? 31? 36?

truplayer199
08-04-2010, 11:49 AM

playoffs

rond, avery
ray allen, nate
kg, j.o
perkins, shaq

thats crazy size

:facepalm:

Hellcrooner
08-04-2010, 11:50 AM
maybe bird or kevin machalle allow him to use their number like alvan adams allowed grant hill=?

Sixerlover
08-04-2010, 11:53 AM
They would have went 98-0 through the playoffs if this was anywhere in between 2001-2006

Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, KG, Shaq, Jermaine O'Neal, Rasheed Wallace

todu82
08-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Good signing for the Celtics. I think this might make them the #2 team in the East for next year.

jaded01
08-04-2010, 12:10 PM

nor will he get it in boston

Angel2Maverick
08-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Perkins (when he comes back), Garnett, and Shaq are pretty scary mofo's if you ask me :speechless:

69centers
08-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Perkins (when he comes back), Garnett, and Shaq are pretty scary mofo's if you ask me :speechless:

Shaq, Perk, KG, Big Baby, Jermaine O'Neal

Possibly the most formidable frontcourt ever. Name me any 5 people in the world who would want to tangle with these five guys.

Add Brian Scalabrine into that mix, if he comes back for vet's minimum, and lookout NBA!

phoenix_bladen
08-04-2010, 12:50 PM
i think this is a great move

if he disrupts chemistry they will just waive him

but he won't because they got garnett and all these vets plus rivers to keep them in check

hell if they can check wallace and marbury they sure can check shaq

besides shaq didn't make a big fuss last year in cleveland anyways

justinnum1
08-04-2010, 12:51 PM

But he will get it in Boston? Don't forget the Heat picked up a few players

ECF celtics vs. heat should be great.

unleashthebeast
08-04-2010, 01:08 PM
the odds of that bet are ridiculous but if we made it to the ecf ill def take you on that ;) but ill sig bet u shaq on the celts will get a ring before lebron on the heat so the next two years shaq will get a ring before lebron

lol

BOSTON617
08-04-2010, 01:11 PM
lol

we can do it to if youd like

shep33
08-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Good pickup as long as he doesn't start to complain about minutes and stay healthy. Thats a massive frontline which most teams will have a problem dealing with, outside of LA if Bynum is healthy.

Celtic AL
08-04-2010, 01:50 PM

3 words ALL STAR GAME!

NickyNick
08-04-2010, 01:52 PM

is your sig suppose to say "witnessed" and not "witnedssed"

PapelbonLester
08-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Shaq aint nuttin but a ROLE PLAYER, they lost the finals because Perkins got injured. Now that wont happen. BUT they wont reach the finals because of DWADE and LBJ

PapelbonLester
08-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Good signing for the Celtics. I think this might make them the #2 team in the East for next year.

2nd Team??? are u serious. You arnt the best unless you beat the best. Going into the season they are the EC Champs. AKA Number 1. Since when are the magic better?

asandhu23
08-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Anti - LeDouche teams are lining up. :clap::clap::clap: well done, Shaq.

RaiderLakersA's
08-04-2010, 02:54 PM
The more I think about it, the more I like it.

Rondo to Shaq has much more punch than Rondo to Perk. The Celts could use a big body in the post. No offense to KG, but he seemed to tire out at the tail end of the season. You have to have the threat of a punishing inside game and I think Shaq even at his advanced age can still bring that.

And if the Lakers and Celtics do make it to the Finals, it would be bananas.

PLAYERS FAN
08-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Lakers quest for three peat just got harder.

calakers
08-04-2010, 03:19 PM

more money an more pt

kobe is a better man to man defender than wade and kobe can shoot way better than wade kobe is more clutch than wade. pau gasol is better than bosh just cause he has more taller than bosh so it would easier to score on bosh and defend him .

IversonIsKrazy
08-04-2010, 03:20 PM
A frontcourt rotation of Shaq/Garnett Perkins/JO Sheed/Big Baby is amazing.
Orlando won't stand a chance against the Celtics. Miami will be interesting, but I still think Celtics can make one more Finals run, I wonder is Lakers can beat them again. Bynum will HAVE TO stay healthy and be a presence in the Finals to beat the C's. Lakers-Celtic final re-match in 2011!

hugepatsfan
08-04-2010, 03:29 PM

Of all the teams interested in Shaq, BOS is far and away his best shot at a ring.

Celtic AL
08-04-2010, 03:41 PM
it looks like Shaq to boston hit a little snag! heres some tweets from Mannix and Blakely

#Celtics and Shaq's camp still negotiating. As we saw with Paul Pierce earlier this summer, it can get a little messy before deal is done.

http://twitter.com/SherrodbCSN/status/20326842386

Bos. Herald reporting deal w/Shaq not done, with Shaq balking at minimum. Sources tell SI internally Celtics not unanimous on Shaq, either

http://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/status/20326259831

lakersfan01
08-04-2010, 03:51 PM
most people in the lakers forums are all happy that shaq signed with your celtics. imo, the lakers were too proud and stubborn to sign shaq. 1.4 million vets minimum, how could they go wrong with that. that's a big front line. at least you guys should beat lebron again, this time with the heat. maybe his elbow will "hurt" again haha lame excuse. wow celtics got shaq for 1.4 million, what a steal. shaq wants his 5th ring like kobe. shaq is going to prove his value come playoff time. you guys are serious about winning the size and rebounding war! there's alot of egos to put aside though. jermaine o'neal and shaq, probably both eventually coming off the bench? perkins has a lot of pride too, he might not be happy if he doesnt get his starting job back. allen, pierce, and garnett are the perfect example of being unselfish though, so they will probably make sure those guys dont get out of hand.

Hellcrooner
08-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Lakers quest for three peat just got harder.

or easier since they can take out the cheat and their 399393939393 star fouls called in their favour per game

Hellcrooner
08-04-2010, 03:59 PM
most people in the lakers forums are all happy that shaq signed with your celtics. imo, the lakers were too proud and stubborn to sign shaq. 1.4 million vets minimum, how could they go wrong with that. that's a big front line. at least you guys should beat lebron again, this time with the heat. maybe his elbow will "hurt" again haha lame excuse. wow celtics got shaq for 1.4 million, what a steal. shaq wants his 5th ring like kobe. shaq is going to prove his value come playoff time. you guys are serious about winning the size and rebounding war! there's alot of egos to put aside though. jermaine o'neal and shaq, probably both eventually coming off the bench? perkins has a lot of pride too, he might not be happy if he doesnt get his starting job back. allen, pierce, and garnett are the perfect example of being unselfish though, so they will probably make sure those guys dont get out of hand.
nothing lik gtht.

we didnt sign him because someone didnt want us ti sign him, and ensured we would nto sign him with his stupid chatter and babbling after the finals.

I just hope his stiupid one up smarthmut does not cost us the next two rings. becuase later with two more mle players the heat wont be beatable,

D1JM
08-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Contrary to recent reports, negotiations between the Celtics and Shaquille O’Neal are still far from resolution. According to a league source, the NBA legend still appears to be balking at what the Celtics are willing to give - a one-year deal worth the veteran’s minimum of $1.39 million. O’Neal, frustrated by a dwindling field of suiters that may only include the Celtics and possibly the Hawks at this point, is still attempting to get more money out of the C

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...ill-up-in-air/

Hellcrooner
08-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Contrary to recent reports, negotiations between the Celtics and Shaquille O’Neal are still far from resolution. According to a league source, the NBA legend still appears to be balking at what the Celtics are willing to give - a one-year deal worth the veteran’s minimum of $1.39 million. O’Neal, frustrated by a dwindling field of suiters that may only include the Celtics and possibly the Hawks at this point, is still attempting to get more money out of the C

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...ill-up-in-air/

they will sign and trade scalabrine to celeveland ona one year contract and then waive scal back i gss

lakersfan01
08-04-2010, 04:13 PM
nothing lik gtht.

we didnt sign him because someone didnt want us ti sign him, and ensured we would nto sign him with his stupid chatter and babbling after the finals.

I just hope his stiupid one up smarthmut does not cost us the next two rings. becuase later with two more mle players the heat wont be beatable,

The celtics got better with Shaq signing. Period.

Celtic AL
08-04-2010, 04:19 PM
if he signs with the hawks its waste of 2 years

Highlight
08-04-2010, 04:24 PM
As of Wednesday afternoon, nothing had been finalized on Shaquille O'Neal joining the Celtics as the two sides continued to negotiate.
In a shocking development, Shaq is reportedly angling for more than the veteran's minimum of $1.4 million. It sounds like a deal should still get done, but nothing is set in stone yet as discussions continue.

http://twitter.com/SherrodbCSN/status/20326842386

The Celtics have officially signed Shaquille O'Neal.
Terms of the deal haven't been disclosed, but it's possible that Shaq managed to coax more than the $1.4 veteran's minimum out of the Celtics before signing. Either way, he's expected to come off the bench for his new team as he embarks on his 19th NBA season.

TheWatcher34
08-04-2010, 04:51 PM
he has accumulated soo much money in his career..but i am sure they'll find a way, he'll end up wearing green

TheWatcher34
08-04-2010, 04:54 PM
OOH wait, it's official
http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/press_release/press080410-celtics-sign-shaq.html

welcome to Beantown,Shaq!!

/close thread.

TheWatcher34
08-04-2010, 04:55 PM
here's the link http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/press_release/press080410-celtics-sign-shaq.html

:up:

GSW Hoops
08-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Add another case of Geritol to the Celtics' offseason shopping list.

Catfish1314
08-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Turn back the clock 7 years and imagine this team: Shaq - Garnett - Pierce - Allen, with JO off the bench.

JerseysFinest
08-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Turn back the clock 7 years and imagine this team: Shaq - Garnett - Pierce - Allen, with JO off the bench.

:speechless:

would've destroyed every team in the NBA

GSW Hoops
08-04-2010, 05:00 PM

I'm pretty sure all of those players have been in multiple all-star games, and I think Shaq, JO and Garnett have been all-star starters.

Highlight
08-04-2010, 05:03 PM
OOH wait, it's official
http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/press_release/press080410-celtics-sign-shaq.html

welcome to Beantown,Shaq!!

/close thread.

Yeah, its a done deal.

He probably had to stick with the minimum then. If he wanted more money, a sign and trade would have to be completed.

j-bay
08-04-2010, 05:07 PM
:speechless:

would've destroyed every team in the NBA

including todays heat?:speechless:

Strumpy
08-04-2010, 05:11 PM
:dance:
:dance::dance::dance:

Highlight
08-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Terms of the deal haven't been disclosed, but it's possible that Shaq managed to coax more than the $1.4 veteran's minimum out of the Celtics before signing. Either way, he's expected to come off the bench for his new team as he embarks on his 19th NBA season.

Highlight
08-04-2010, 05:13 PM

Nighthawk
08-04-2010, 05:28 PM
so excited about this signing. His numbers last season were simiilar to Perk last season. Now we get him off the bench.

Kashmir13579
08-04-2010, 05:29 PM

they were slow already. i personally would love it if kobe and shaq (on the cetlics!) met up in the finals. great for the game. and obviously shaq-fu is chasin titles again, good for him.

xbrackattackx
08-04-2010, 05:30 PM
I like it.

blazerman
The Celtics are getting older and older. Shaq will throw off the chemistry of that team. I think they'll appreciate Perkins even more when he returns.

Hawkeye15
not sure what will hurt the Celtics defense more. The loss of Tom T, or the addition of Shaq

TheWatcher34
08-04-2010, 05:42 PM
The Celtics are getting older and older. Shaq will throw off the chemistry of that team. I think they'll appreciate Perkins even more when he returns.

older and older and worse and worse and no team chemistry an more and not a chance...
did you have a flashback to last midseason??

you are living in the past, stop it!

Ray still is a sharp shooter most 3s made in finals history and that was couple of months ago.
Pierce still has his mid range game going, he will be in good shape this season.
Rondo is a top 3-5 Pg in this league and he's getting better every year.
Garnett will be better than last year due to the fact that he's one year removed form surgery.

Perkins always was well appreciated in Boston, there is no doubt that he's on of the top 3-5 big men in the league (defensively).
and especially since he didnt play in that game 7 loss, Celtics nation knows what they were missing.

what does Shaq have to do with it???

Doc has proven in two seasons that he is able to handle their egos. and they're all grown men, not like heated heads acting up because they're in puberty.

i'll give you a point when u start criticizing the FT% between Rondo, Shaq and Perkins!

other than that your post was pretty bad.

El Hombre#5
08-04-2010, 05:46 PM
I know a lot about Shaq and I know that he is no where near the same player he once was, however, I do think he's going to be a really good addition for the Celtics.

Him and KG up top, healthy? still, even them being as old as they are, STILL scary IMO.
With Rondo, Allen, Pierce.. and Nate, J.O, Rasheed & Big Baby coming off the bench..

Look out Miami, you gotta get past the East FIRST before you talk start talkin' Lakers.

jojoe1188
08-04-2010, 05:53 PM

well considering he had zero impact during the regular season last year and a relatively good playoffs i'll take my chances

miamiflorida
08-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Shaq complains to much and his ego is to big. No WAY this works...

heattiltheend94
08-04-2010, 05:55 PM

I will take that sig bet.

jojoe1188
08-04-2010, 05:59 PM
including todays heat?:speechless:

a lineup of shaq garnett pierce allen 7 years ago would be the best team of all time. who would score in the post with KG and shaq in their prime playing D? and the opposing D would be so sucked into the middle pierce's mid range game and allen's 3 point shooting would just take over, not to mention the buckets shaq and KG would put in

HakeemTheDream
08-04-2010, 06:42 PM
I will take that sig bet.

I second that!

michelangelo
08-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Mixed feelings. Boston got a great deal signing him to the minimum. On top of that Doc personally lobbied to get him on the team. He must know a thing or two that we don't.

But he's been a liability to his previous two teams. He's very slow, very inconsistent, clogs up the lane for younger slashers, constantly cries about minutes and touches.

He's getting slower, less mobile, and less athletic.

I don't see how he helps this team?

showtime24
08-04-2010, 07:17 PM
nice!

boston gets older again lol

whos next AI?

MU and UW Fan
08-04-2010, 07:19 PM

playoffs

rond, avery
ray allen, nate
kg, j.o
perkins, shaq

thats crazy size

Big Baby at sf? Lol.

John Walls Era
08-04-2010, 07:27 PM
So we calling him the Big Shamrock now?

Duddy
08-04-2010, 07:28 PM

I'll take the bet too...

tjlipford
08-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Good sign by Boston. U just can't count Boston out. They have crazy size now. Tough front court. KG, Perkins, JO, big baby and now Shaq. It's gonna be interesting this year

bagwell368
08-04-2010, 07:31 PM

Mah...

play Shaq against the 2nd stringers, he'll body the heck out of them, and get lots of bunnies. I figure 18 min a game as a high. Kareem couldn't run his last 6 years or so, and he was still effective, and his team was one of the great fast breaking teams since the 60's. Obviously keep him away from Rondo/fast break offense.

michelangelo
08-04-2010, 08:06 PM
KG and Shaq are no longer KG and Shaq. They have the names but not the games.

Shaq is going to be a disruptive force, playing only intermittently and grumbling in a passive aggressive fashion about "touches" and how he's not getting them.

He could invite jealousy since he's constantly playing to the media as well.

Even if he does dictate the attention of an occasional double team, Boston doesn't have a range of perimeter guys to keep teams honest in half court sets.

The key for Boston this year is if Rondo can become a legitimate perimeter scorer and shooter. Right now, he's a fearless slasher, but in the postseason this can lead to lots of turnovers when teams clamp down in the paint.

I'm still rooting for the C's and I'm sure they'll find a way to make another deep run...

I know a lot about Shaq and I know that he is no where near the same player he once was, however, I do think he's going to be a really good addition for the Celtics.

Him and KG up top, healthy? still, even them being as old as they are, STILL scary IMO.
With Rondo, Allen, Pierce.. and Nate, J.O, Rasheed & Big Baby coming off the bench..

Look out Miami, you gotta get past the East FIRST before you talk start talkin' Lakers.

michelangelo
08-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Kareem had the sky hook-impossible to defend. Shaq's signature is to body up and dunk. But he doesn't have the speed or hops to do that on any kind of a regular basis. The drop step is gone too: the speed and agility have dropped off too sharply, I'm afraid.

He's big and he will score, but he'll be injured a lot, in and out of the lineup, and therefore possibly disruptive.

I trust Doc though. He'll get the job done.

Mah...

play Shaq against the 2nd stringers, he'll body the heck out of them, and get lots of bunnies. I figure 18 min a game as a high. Kareem couldn't run his last 6 years or so, and he was still effective, and his team was one of the great fast breaking teams since the 60's. Obviously keep him away from Rondo/fast break offense.

Rego247
08-04-2010, 08:20 PM
if its for the min, then i gotta say how come shaq gets the min, but JO gets 12 mill? now im not saying shaq should get that amount, but if u gave me a choice on who to give the min, it would be JO. but thats me.

regardless, good move for the cetlics, i wanna see how rivers manages the minutes though.

championships
08-04-2010, 08:23 PM

LOL. Or Boston

letsgobrownies7
08-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Whoever says that Shaq will screw with the team chemistry are way off base. I heard the same shhit last year when Boston picked up Sheed and he didn't disrupt the team any like people said he would. Rondo will have a hayday dishen the rock to Shaq! Go Celtics!!!

jigsaw32
08-05-2010, 03:04 AM
So we calling him the Big Shamrock now?

Shrek - He's big and green