PDA

View Full Version : 590 Scott Downs interview

nstojic
08-04-2010, 07:45 AM
mods, you can move it... I heard this on the radio, yesterday, found it interesting...

Enjoyed it cause Downs is an articulate guy and he gets quite candid.. seems like a stand up guy... glad he's on this team...

http://www.fan590.com/media.jsp?content=20100803_224803_5376

torontosports10
08-04-2010, 07:57 AM
Hope he enjoys his next few months in Toronto, and he is a great guy. However when push comes to shove im more excited for the two picks we will get for him.

wamco
08-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Is that really comparable value? I could see when it came to scutaro coming off a career year, but downs in on a whole other level than that.

nstojic
08-04-2010, 08:07 AM
^^true and you can never count on picks, turning into anything.. it's just more rolls of the dice.. i like the mentoring of purcey.. makes you pull for humble guys like downs...

torontosports10
08-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Is that really comparable value? I could see when it came to scutaro coming off a career year, but downs in on a whole other level than that.

The reason he wasnt dealt at the deadline is because the picks had more value then what other teams were offering.

If there is one thing we have plenty off it is arms. We have great depth for our bullpen and to be able to get two early picks for Downs is definalty worth it imo.

I say David Purcey is doing a hell of a job showing that he can step right into the void.

Manatoo
08-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Wow that's surprising, he never gives interviews during the season.

Eagles4Lyfe
08-04-2010, 11:49 AM
well if deck doesnt sign and with our own first round pick we can end up having 3 first round picks this year and some sandwich picks within the first and second round..Thats pretty hefty and would really be amazing..I would love to keep downs but hes 33 and like you guys say purcey seems like a good young replacement who if he keeps up what hes doing can more than fill the void