PDA

View Full Version : This Jays team has been so entertaining that I'm over losing Doc

prash
08-04-2010, 01:25 AM
Unbelievable season. At first I was watching and I kept thinking back to last years start at 27-14 and how things went south after that and the Jays never recovered.

Now we lost our ace on the mound and no Glaus/Rolen, but we took two games off the Yankee's in New York. If we can beat the Rays we'll be doing MLB a huge favor since no one in America wants to see those scrubs make playoffs anyway. Boston isn't anything special this year. So called league experters who get paid to watch games thought we'd be craptastic, but here we are 5 games up on .500.

This has been the of the most entertaining seasons in Blue Jays history. I love tuning into watch these guys smoke balls into the stands. Hopefully they can set a franchise record for HR's.

Halladay
08-04-2010, 01:41 AM
I'd say those late 80's early 90's teams were pretty damn entertaining even though I was very young, I can still remember the titles. Home runs are fun to watch but I'd gladly trade in every single one of them to have made the playoffs and kept Halladay. It still bothers me when I see Doc pitching for the Phillies.

Gibby
08-04-2010, 01:45 AM
sucks i havent been able to watch alot games last couple of weeks but soon i will be able to.

treeleaf
08-04-2010, 02:25 AM
trade 30 dings for 8-10 wins anyday

BlueJayFanDan
08-04-2010, 03:43 AM
Still sad without Doc. This team is fun to watch because of the home runs. It's not entertaining when everyone is cold and we see the team strike out all game and not get hits. I would love to add 3 or 4 .300 hitters with some of our power guys. Then we would really entertain.

GrumpyOldMan
08-04-2010, 07:30 AM
This squad is reminding me of the early 80's team with a lot of homegrown guys and young pitching. Lots of fun to watch them then just as it is now. I just hope the results turn out to be similar.

wamco
08-04-2010, 08:05 AM
looking at the attendance figures, I think the original poster is in the minority

Jays Claw
08-04-2010, 11:06 AM
The only reason I'm excited is because of the future. It's no seceret that the Blue Jays have racked up some talented players in J.P Arencibia, Travis Snider, Yunel Escobar, Kyle Drabek, Ricky Romero and etc.

R. Johnson#3
08-04-2010, 12:47 PM
This team is exciting but it would've been more exciting with 10 more wins.

Big Hurt
08-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Team did an unbelievable job harnessing expectations.
OP is thrilled with the season.
By the end of the month the team will be at .500 or slightly below.
If that floats your boat...great.

I prefer some meaningful games in September.

hurleyburley
08-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Many of the "experts" picked this team to be last in the division and even last in mlb. They have achieved much more than anyone expected.

They have a young exciting rotation that is only going to get better. Escobar has brought a new energy to this team. You can see it on their faces. They are confident and not intimidated by anyone. They have some real talent on the cusp and will be with the team next year. Of course, everyone would like to see meaningful games in September, but this is not the year.

But there is no doubt that this team has finally taken a step in the right direction, and next year they will certainly be playing those important games in September.

ah nuts
08-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Unbelievable season. At first I was watching and I kept thinking back to last years start at 27-14 and how things went south after that and the Jays never recovered.

Now we lost our ace on the mound and no Glaus/Rolen, but we took two games off the Yankee's in New York. If we can beat the Rays we'll be doing MLB a huge favor since no one in America wants to see those scrubs make playoffs anyway. Boston isn't anything special this year. So called league experters who get paid to watch games thought we'd be craptastic, but here we are 5 games up on .500.

This has been the of the most entertaining seasons in Blue Jays history. I love tuning into watch these guys smoke balls into the stands. Hopefully they can set a franchise record for HR's.

TV ratings suggest you are right(from the JP years). The jays are on the rise with viewers.

Luca68
08-05-2010, 09:15 PM
yeaa definately im watching a lot more games this season then i did last year its just different there actually exiciting i wait for the games while last season i didnt care as much

ah nuts
08-05-2010, 09:37 PM
3 more words - no jamie campbell

wamco
08-05-2010, 10:15 PM
tv viewers are on the rise because the fans are choosing to stay home and watch it on tv rather than pay to go watch them.

What would make one believe we are going to play meaningful september games at this point exactly?

ah nuts
08-06-2010, 05:15 PM
tv viewers are on the rise because the fans are choosing to stay home and watch it on tv rather than pay to go watch them.

What would make one believe we are going to play meaningful september games at this point exactly?

the Blue Jays are averaging around 500,000 tv viewers per game(300 000ish in 2009).

didn't realize roger's center was so big.

wamco
08-06-2010, 11:27 PM
looked big the last game I was at due to the 30,000 plus empty seats where you could hear a pin drop in between soccer chants.

I'll also believe in that 200k jump when I see a link for it.