PDA

View Full Version : Celts the Best in the East now?

Pages : [1] 2

DRose7
08-03-2010, 07:28 PM
With the Celts front-court of KG, Big Baby, J Oneal, Perkins, Possibly Sheed and the soon to be signed Shaq, are the Celts the best in the East now (Not to even mention Pual Peirce, Ray Allen, and Rondoo) -- are they better than MIA now, i think so

What are your thoughts???

tdunk21
08-03-2010, 07:30 PM
cant say best until the season starts and atleast 20-30 games are played

ClayMatthews
08-03-2010, 07:33 PM
No. A lot of teams in the east have improved in the offseason. Should be an interesting season.

NYKalltheway
08-03-2010, 07:36 PM
The East is gonna be fascinating for the first time in years!
I thought they were the best already, despite the new Miami trio. Took the NBA finals to game 7, I say that's the team to beat.

knickfan33
08-03-2010, 07:36 PM
better then miami? there not even better then CHI

ManRam
08-03-2010, 07:37 PM
I don't think so. Depth means a lot in the regular season, but in the playoffs, it doesn't mean nearly as much. Having 6 solid big men is an asset, but you can only play two at a time. I still think Miami is better, and possibly Orlando if Vince and Shard right the ship.

carter15
Don't think adding J. O'neal and Shaq is going to make a huge difference when determining the best team in the East. It's up to the health of their big 3, and if they get a healthy Perk back later.

LTBaByyy
YES! look at the all the bench in the east (you said best team not starters)

Celts have the best one now, the last 3 people on the celts bench will be Avery Bradley, Von Wafer, Luke Harangody

Harangody was ballin in summer league!!!!

carter15
08-03-2010, 07:38 PM
I don't think so. Depth means a lot in the regular season, but in the playoffs, it doesn't mean nearly as much. Having 6 solid big men is an asset, but you can only play two at a time. I still think Miami is better, and possibly Orlando if Vince and Shard right the ship.

Don't think adding J. O'neal and Shaq is going to make a huge difference when determining the best team in the East. It's up to the health of their big 3, and if they get a healthy Perk back later.

You read my mind ;).

ATX
08-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Sheed is almost certainly not coming back. Shaq hasn't signed yet. JO is washed up, and I don't just say that because he's on the Celtics. I always thought that while watching him on the Heat. He came out of high school and has a lot of miles on those bum knees. He is a terrible rebounder because he can't move well anymore. Perk has proven himself to be an enforcer, but is out for quite sometime rehabbing his injury. The Celtics are a top EC team, and we'll see opening night what happens. Will be even more interesting to see if Shaq does sign there for the vet min.

jackdawson
08-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Yes because they are the reigning EC champions. So they are the best until the next years playoffs.

mikealike305
yes... until they play

tredigs
If they were before, they still are. If they weren't before, then signing the ghost of Shaq won't change that. We'll have to wait to see, but I have a feeling the Heat will be too powerful for the Celtics to handle, even with a weak frontcourt. But at this point it's the Celtics to lose.

LTS
think it will depend on health for this old but solid team but I'll hold my thoughts until we see the teams on the court for 20+ games

Tmath
08-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Imo they already were. They did make the finals last season

Frankroc_MIYAYO
08-03-2010, 07:46 PM
So Miami Heat has the "U Mad" slogan thing going for them right?

So I take it Boston is starting the "U Old" slogan?

C'mon man! Not taking anything from the Celtics because they played well last year and when healthy they are a good unit. But to say that they are the favorites and will beat all the teams in the East despite the leaps teams like Miami have took. I'd say Boston has their work cut out for them.

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Let me get this straight, the washed up JO (coming off one of the worst choking jobs in history) and Shaq (will be 38 years old in march) and the fact all the old dudes on this team will be a year older makes them the best in the East?

If Heat play Miller, Wade and James at the same time, tell me how they are going to defend that? Just look at the match ups man, no team in the East stands a chance against the Heat.

DRose7
08-03-2010, 07:47 PM
better then miami? there not even better then CHI

Eh ima have to disagree, ima bulls fan, but i cant say that. I think Celts would beat us in 6

tredigs
08-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Imo they already were. They did make the finals last season

Well... yeah. But now the only two reasons that 2 of the 3 teams they beat to get there are playing on the same team... with a better supporting cast than either of them ALONE had for their past teams.

No team has made as big an improvement from one season to the next in NBA history, and the Heat actually put up a decent little fight against them in last seasons playoffs - this time around it's going to be much, much different. Plus, barring injury the Heat should have home court throughout the entire playoffs, that means a lot.

Also, there's a more than decent chance that Shaq could actually hurt their team.

RCarlson85
08-03-2010, 07:50 PM
With the Celts front-court of KG, Big Baby, J Oneal, Perkins, Possibly Sheed and the soon to be signed Shaq, are the Celts the best in the East now (Not to even mention Pual Peirce, Ray Allen, and Rondoo) -- are they better than MIA now, i think so

No, you can't say they're best in the East because you haven't seen this current team play together yet. That seems to be everyone's argument for why the Heat aren't the best in the East. It should apply to the Celtics too then. I don't want to hear that the Heat have more new players either, because at this point the Heat have 8 players from last years team and the Celtics have 9 if Sheed resigns. Everyone wants to talk about chemistry issues, well add Shaq to the Celtics where he will be behind Perkins and JO and there could be problems. I see there being more potential for ego problems with a 3rd string shaq than I do with Lebron, Wade, and Bosh playing together.

mikealike305
08-03-2010, 07:51 PM
celts were already better than miami until proven otherwise.... and im a heat fan

LA-DYNASTY248
08-03-2010, 07:53 PM
there very good,but i think heat are to much for em!

mikey03
08-03-2010, 07:53 PM
celts were already better than miami until proven otherwise.... and im a heat fan

THANK YOU. This guy actually has a brain. thanks again

DRose7
08-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Let me get this straight, the washed up JO (coming off one of the worst choking jobs in history) and Shaq (will be 38 years old in march) and the fact all the old dudes on this team will be a year older makes them the best in the East?

Rondo's only getting better, yeah they old but none of the big 3 is officially washed up yet, they def still good to make another run..and JO, ima give him another chance, cuz i dont think MIA was the best environment for him...Shaq could be 80 for all i care, but hes def still good to lock Bosh down..leaving LBJ and Wade -- no way those 2 are gonna have a great time takin it in on that front-line...i think Celts would beat em

mikealike305
08-03-2010, 07:56 PM
THANK YOU. This guy actually has a brain. thanks again

no problem. i tell the truth

m26555
08-03-2010, 07:57 PM
They already were the best in the East before they even signed Shaq.

Vincent33
08-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Celtics are the defending East champs. Adding Shaq makes the team that was a few minutes from winning a title better. Right now they're still the team to beat in the East.

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 08:03 PM
All you need to do is look at the match ups. This is most likely the line-up the Heat will use vs the Celtics

Big Z > Perkins (I doubt Shaq at age 38 is going to be of much use)
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=ilgauzy01&p2=perkike01
Bosh = Garnett (and that's being modest at this stage in their careers)
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=boshch01&p2=garneke01
Miller < Ray Allen
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=millemi01&p2=allenra02
Wade >>>> Rondo (unless you want Rondo to guard Mike Miller who's 7 inches taller?)
Lebron > Pierce
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=piercpa01&p2=jamesle01

The Heat will destroy the Celtics, it's not even close. Maybe that Celtics have a better bench, but the significance of bench players (other than the 6th man) is minimized in the playoffs when superstars can play 40+ minutes. And just think, Big Z, Bosh and Miller can all stretch out to the 3 which spreads the floor so nicely for Wade and Lebron.

Hotone1401
08-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Yes because they are the reigning EC champions. So they are the best until the next years playoffs.

^Exactly:clap:

DRose7
08-03-2010, 08:07 PM
No, you can't say they're best in the East because you haven't seen this current team play together yet. That seems to be everyone's argument for why the Heat aren't the best in the East. It should apply to the Celtics too then. I don't want to hear that the Heat have more new players either, because at this point the Heat have 8 players from last years team and the Celtics have 9 if Sheed resigns. Everyone wants to talk about chemistry issues, well add Shaq to the Celtics where he will be behind Perkins and JO and there could be problems. I see there being more potential for ego problems with a 3rd string shaq than I do with Lebron, Wade, and Bosh playing together.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm: u didnt even need to prove to me your a Heat fan haha

WOW, adding Shaq and JO wouldnt change the style of the Celts...its not even comparable to MIA, where you have three franchise players playing on the same team, that means changing their style of play for all of em to keep the chemistry working...thats why "Heats havent proven their the best"...:facepalm: dont even talk about Egos...SO and JO would not change Celts Chemistry -- in any major way at least. And to ur last statement, JO would play PF, so their would really be no 3 way problem with JO, Shaq and Perkins -- Perkins comes back mid season

NYYCowboys
This is like the 3rd thread I've read about the Celtics being the best in the East today...enough.

Khalifa21
Signing a 38 year old Shaq really doesn't shift the balance of power at the top of the East.

There is very little to choose between the top three of the Heat, Magic and Celts at the moment, and until they've each played about 30 games, we still won't really be able to pick them apart.

mikealike305
All you need to do is look at the match ups. This is the line-up the Heat will use vs the Celtics

Big Z > Perkins (I doubt Shaq at age 38 is going to be of much use)
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=ilgauzy01&p2=perkike01
Bosh = Garnett (and that's being modest at this stage in their careers)
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=boshch01&p2=garneke01
Miller < Ray Allen
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=millemi01&p2=allenra02
Wade >>>> Rondo (unless you want Rondo to guard Mike Miller who's 7 inches taller?)
Lebron > Pierce
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=piercpa01&p2=jamesle01

The Heat will destroy the Celtics, it's not even close.

hmmmm idk about this

Hawkeye15
08-03-2010, 08:10 PM
no, but they are the oldest...
THe C's locker room will smell like ben gay all season long

nickdymez
08-03-2010, 08:11 PM
I like how heat fans come in here and say things like "lets wait till the season starts". But they are already crowning the heat champions.. Funny to me.. And yes this definitely makes them the favorite in the east. Same starting five with the addition of shaq and jo. They are better than the heat at the two positions the heat are weak at. They have the size to match up with Orlando. Size matters gentlemen!

LA_Raiders
08-03-2010, 08:12 PM
5 years ago, hell yeah... Now? No way...

JO, KG are injury prone... and shaq is done...

ntat
08-03-2010, 08:16 PM
2 old broken centers make them better? I think no one knows anything yet because one of these teams has never even played a game yet. lets just wait.

DRose7
08-03-2010, 08:16 PM
All you need to do is look at the match ups. This is most likely the line-up the Heat will use vs the Celtics

Big Z <<<<<<<<<Perkins (Shaqs age 38, but boyyyy is he strong, who on the Heats in gonna stop them endless alley-ops)
Bosh < Garnett (and that's being modest at this stage in their careers)
Miller < Ray Allen
Wade > Rondo (What was up with all those greater than signs, Rondo's one of the best PG in the league, that matchups def not a blowout!)
Lebron > Pierce

:bla: The Heat will destroy the Celtics, it's not even close. Maybe that Celtics have a better bench, but the significance of bench players (other than the 6th man) is minimized in the playoffs when superstars can play 40+ minutes.

I fix it up a Lil

dodgerlakertown
08-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Yes

Lakers vs Celtics round 3

DRose7
08-03-2010, 08:20 PM
This is like the 3rd thread I've read about the Celtics being the best in the East today...enough.

shhhh:shush: These arent the Yankees, lol what do u know about the best

oh yeah the knicks, my bad :faint:

MrBigShotBWill
08-03-2010, 08:21 PM
The Celtics are by far one of the best mentality old teams in the league. Past the spurs.

Might as well call them the new Spurs. Young PG Aka Rondo. I would not be shocked if we win the title this year. Two titles out of 4 years! For the So called big three! I'll take it!

Who would not! Really should have 2 rings! Thoe that is why we made the moves we did.

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 08:21 PM
I fix it up a Lil

How can you stay Garnett is still better than Bosh when Bosh has outplayed Garnett in several of their last meetings? Did you even look at that link? Please don't tell me you looked at the stats at the top that included Garnett in his prime, you know Garnett isn't what he used to be right?

As for Rondo being a good defender, that's only in the sense that he lets the player drive past and knocks the ball out of his hands extremely well, but that's not lock down defense so Wade will definitely get his points. Even if Rondo causes Wade to have 5 turnovers a game, Wade will still outscore Rondo by at least 15 points per game.

P.S. I didn't even mention how Phil Jackson exposed how easy it is to beat the Celtics if you simply hang back and let Rondo shoot.

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 08:26 PM
hmmmm idk about this

What's there not to know? The links are right there that show how Lebron destroys Pierce in their recent meetings. That's the main match up right there. And then who will defend Wade? Wade will destroy Rondo. And Bosh has been outplaying Garnett in their last few meetings, it's pretty clear that Garnett ain't what he used to be.

DRose7
08-03-2010, 08:28 PM
As for Rondo being a good defender, that's only in the sense that he lets the player drive past and knocks the ball out of his hands extremely well, but that's not lock down defense so Wade will definitely get his points. Even if Rondo causes Wade to have 5 turnovers a game, Wade will still outscore Rondo by at least 15 points per game.

P.S. I didn't even mention how Phil Jackson exposed how easy it is to beat the Celtics if you simply hang back and let Rondo shoot.

Rondo's a DAMN PG of course Wades gonna outscore him by 15!!:facepalm:

And yeah Phil Jackson exposed em alright, thats why it took em all the way till the 4th Quarter of GAME 7! to finally beat right...

magichatnumber9
08-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Some of you people need to grow the **** up.

Hustlenomics
08-03-2010, 08:32 PM
NOW?! they just won the east..and until they are dethroned of course they are the best in the east

mikealike305
08-03-2010, 08:34 PM
What's there not to know? The links are right there that show how Lebron destroys Pierce in their recent meetings. That's the main match up right there. And then who will defend Wade? Wade will destroy Rondo. And Bosh has been outplaying Garnett in their last few meetings, it's pretty clear that Garnett ain't what he used to be.

stats arnt everything guy, cant just show me a bunch of stats and say the celts arnt even close

hyb152
08-03-2010, 08:37 PM
The celtics are the best team in the East..... for the first half of the season. Once they get worn down, the heat will take over in the post season. Or possibly the magic

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 08:39 PM
stats arnt everything guy, cant just show me a bunch of stats and say the celts arnt even close

The playoffs are a game of match ups, it really doesn't take a genius to figure out that the Heat match up very well against the Celtics with their new additions. Stats or no stats.

DRose7
08-03-2010, 08:41 PM
The playoffs are a game of match ups, it really doesn't take a genius to figure out that the Heat match up very well against the Celtics with their new additions. Stats or no stats.

If u didnt know, REBOUNDS and DEFENSE Wins Championship, explain to me how MIA has that against Celts

mikealike305
08-03-2010, 08:42 PM

i agree the heat match up well against the celtics... what i dont agree with is u saying the heat will destroy them

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 08:43 PM
As for the ppl saying "hey, lets close the thread, Celtics won the East so by the official rules they are still the best in the East" leaves very little room for discussion, and thanks just boring. Lets use a little perspective here, which team matches up the best against the other teams in the East? Last year it was the Celtics, who is it this year? The answer is pretty clear if Lebron plays pg.

mikealike305
08-03-2010, 08:43 PM
If u didnt know, REBOUNDS and DEFENSE Wins Championship, explain to me how MIA has that against Celts

maybe not rebounding but anthony, james, wade and mario all have really good defense

mikantsass
08-03-2010, 08:44 PM

It depends what you mean by "best". Because they certainly are not going to finish with the #1 seed. I can see Orlando, Miami, and Atlanta all having better REGULAR seasons than the C's. Come playoff time, they def have the potential to represent the East in the finals, but I think on paper Miami is still very very scary, and probably the vegas favorites

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 08:45 PM
i agree the heat match up well against the celtics... what i dont agree with is u saying the heat will destroy them

I don't know what you think I meant by destroy, I'm not saying they'll get blown away by 30+ points every game, but basically the Celtics don't have a chance barring one of the big 3 on the Heat get injured.

kjoke
08-03-2010, 08:47 PM
there a great team... will they win the east no, will they be a factor come playoof time and prove last season was no joke, sure

mikealike305
08-03-2010, 08:47 PM
I don't know what you think I meant by destroy, I'm not saying they'll get blown away by 30+ points every game, but basically the Celtics don't have a chance barring one of the big 3 on the Heat get injured.

i still think thats to much to say for right now, maybe after we see the heat play but for now, how can u say the ECF champs has no chance against a team u havnt even seen play?

Avenged
08-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Their frontcourt will help them a lot come playoff considering length is a clear advantage to get to that next level, at least for the Lakers it is. I'm not so sure they're the best team out East but you don't necessarily need to be the best team to make it out of the East.

RCarlson85
08-03-2010, 08:58 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm: u didnt even need to prove to me your a Heat fan haha

WOW, adding Shaq and JO wouldnt change the style of the Celts...its not even comparable to MIA, where you have three franchise players playing on the same team, that means changing their style of play for all of em to keep the chemistry working...thats why "Heats havent proven their the best"...:facepalm: dont even talk about Egos...SO and JO would not change Celts Chemistry -- in any major way at least. And to ur last statement, JO would play PF, so their would really be no 3 way problem with JO, Shaq and Perkins -- Perkins comes back mid season

How does adding the O'neals not change the Celtics at all? They are both gonna want the ball on offense, they're not Perkins who's happy just rebounding and playing D. You don't want to talk about egos now that it's not referring to the Heat? How can you not talk about Egos when Shaq has the biggest ego in the NBA? He causes problems and burns bridges everywhere he goes. He is not all of a sudden just going to sit on the bench and be quiet. You're fooling yourself. JO has never played PF. He has always been a center, so no he wouldn't be PF. If that was the case he would be behind Garnett and Big Baby. He wouldn't have signed on for that. He's also too slow to guard PFs.

Why are you even making a thread about this? Have you finally realized that the Bulls can't compare to the Heat so you have found a new team to talk about that you think can match the Heat?

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Rondo's a DAMN PG of course Wades gonna outscore him by 15!!:facepalm:

And yeah Phil Jackson exposed em alright, thats why it took em all the way till the 4th Quarter of GAME 7! to finally beat right...

Close game or not, that's not the point. Idk about you, but I thought Rondo was going to destroy Fisher and Celtics would win, especially with Bynum being injurd. But thanks to the genius of Phil Jackson, he had Fisher guard Ray Ray instead which worked surprisingly well most games, and he put Kobe on Rondo and let him shoot <-- that strategy was the X-factor in that series. Celtics were supposed to win that (especially with Bynum out) because they matched up better, but then Phil Jacksons strategy made it so Lakers matched up better. I bet you Heat will use that same strategy when they use Wade to defend Rondo (which also allows Wade to leave his man and gamble on steals more).

As for Wade out scoring Rondo by at least 15, my point is - what do Celtics have to make up for those 15 points? Lebron will outscore Pierce by 10. So that's 25 points. Bosh will outscore Garnett by at least 5 so that's 30 points. So tell me, where are Celtics going to make up for those 30 points? Ray Ray can't average 30ppg let alone outscore Mike Miller by that much. Playoffs are about match ups fool, do the math.

pistonsfanomg
08-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Shaq on the Celtics?

Well he's going to mess up their chemistry imho

RCarlson85
08-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Shaq on the Celtics?

Well he's going to mess up their chemistry imho

I'm glad someone else realizes this.

Justintyme
08-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Sure they're the best for now...till the season starts, then it's Miami. Lets look at this, Miami has by far the two best players between the two teams then you have to compare Bosh and KG to decide who is the third best player between the two teams. At this point it's a toss up between those two guys. Then theirs the rest of the role players which are sufficient on both sides. Shaq does not tip the scales by any means sorry! Miami is better, and if anyone wants to argue chemistry go ahead I will not argue back cause it's pointless right now. Wait till the season starts. Miami is way more talented than everyone, that's just the way it is. If anyone wants to argue talent I would love to hear it.

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Bosh is better than Garnett at this stage in their careers, it shouldn't even be an argument unless you're a full blown Celtics homer. No disrespect to the past epic greatness that Garnett once was, but he ain't even a top 3 PF no more.

Avenged
08-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Bosh is better than Garnett at this stage in their careers, it shouldn't even be an argument unless you're a full blown Celtics homer. No disrespect to the past epic greatness that Garnett once was, but he ain't even a top 3 PF no more.

While he may not be top 3 or top 5, Garnett's defense is still good and the Celtics team defense is among the best in the league.

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 09:13 PM
While he may not be top 3 or top 5, Garnett's defense is still good and the Celtics team defense is among the best in the league.

It's not enough to offset the fact they are severely out matched on the offensive end.

DRose7
08-03-2010, 09:13 PM
How does adding the O'neals not change the Celtics at all? They are both gonna want the ball on offense, they're not Perkins who's happy just rebounding and playing D. You don't want to talk about egos now that it's not referring to the Heat? How can you not talk about Egos when Shaq has the biggest ego in the NBA? He causes problems and burns bridges everywhere he goes. He is not all of a sudden just going to sit on the bench and be quiet. You're fooling yourself. JO has never played PF. He has always been a center, so no he wouldn't be PF. If that was the case he would be behind Garnett and Big Baby. He wouldn't have signed on for that. He's also too slow to guard PFs.

Why are you even making a thread about this? Have you finally realized that the Bulls can't compare to the Heat so you have found a new team to talk about that you think can match the Heat?

Just cuz ima Bulls fan doesnt mean I see em winning the East, just yet atleast -- dumbass :facepalm:. I aint no Celts fans, just being honest with how I see the East turning up...unlike u, u Bandwagoonerrr!!

JO never played PF:facepalm: what are u stupid!!! do ur research..and "How does adding the O'neals not change the Celtics at all" i never said that, read carefullly, i said its not gona have a significant change

Shaqs Ego is diminishing, but hey even if u still see him with a big ego, hes a 4x Champion, unlike Wade, LBJ, Bosh...so im sure the Celts would bring that Ego on board, he at least is proven to win..

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 09:16 PM
I remember all that ridiculous hype Rasheed Wallace created when he joined the Celtics. Now a Shaq who will be 38 years old? Don't be ridiculous, he's on his last legs and isn't much of an upgrade over Perkins or anyone else they got at this stage in his career.

Avenged
08-03-2010, 09:17 PM
It's not enough to offset the fact they are severely out matched on the offensive end.

Sure, on paper as a team yes.

But your comparison was Garnett to Bosh, and Bosh is the better player right now, there's no denying it. But good defense by KG could smother Bosh.

DRose7
08-03-2010, 09:22 PM
As for Wade out scoring Rondo by at least 15, my point is - what do Celtics have to make up for those 15 points? Lebron will outscore Pierce by 10. So that's 25 points. Bosh will outscore Garnett by at least 5 so that's 30 points. So tell me, where are Celtics going to make up for those 30 points? Ray Ray can't average 30ppg let alone outscore Mike Miller by that much. Playoffs are about match ups fool, do the math.

U know LBJ,WADE, and bosh are playing for the same team and not for seperate 1's right?? So if u think that Big 3 is gonna blow Boston's one out by 30, u must be crazyy! and unlike MIA, boston does have other players...Nate, Big baby, JO, Shaq, perkins, and yes ray allen to definitely overcome ur made up 30 pt deficit

mcgswfan
08-03-2010, 09:23 PM
The Celts are the best team in the East right now because they are the defending EC champs. Until someone takes them down, they need to still be considered the best team in the EC. They have earned this right, be it by luck or what not, we owe them at least that amount of respect. I hate them too, but I will still give them the credit they deserve.

That being said, when the new season begins, I honestly don't believe that the Celts will have a chance against the Heat in any game they play (barring any serious injuries, of course). Even with the acquisition of JO, if they resign RW and also acquire Shaq. Those three were great players 5-10 years ago, but are nothing more than a shadow of their former selves at this stage in their careers. I think that the Heat will sweep the season series and if they meet in the playoffs, will sweep that series as well.

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 09:23 PM
They're still the best until they're dethroned.

Justintyme
08-03-2010, 09:24 PM

I agree Bosh is certainly better than KG, I was just trying to not provoke the homer comments to distract the truth that Miami is beyond the Celts.

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Sure, on paper as a team yes.

But your comparison was Garnett to Bosh, and Bosh is the better player right now, there's no denying it. But good defense by KG could smother Bosh.

1. Last time they played each other, Bosh scored 20 with 12rebs shooting 70%. Garnett scored 13 and almost fouled out.

2. If Garnett had foul trouble last time he played Bosh, imagine how much foul trouble he'll be subject to with Wade and Lebron attacking the rim? And you know they'll into the lane with Big Z, Bosh and Mike Miller spacing the floor.

3. Bosh is the 3rd option, even though Garnett will contain Bosh a little, it will have little to no impact on the game because Miami will find their scoring with one of the other 2 options (most likely Wade because Rondo isn't great at playing lockdown defense)

unwantedplayer
08-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Close game or not, that's not the point. Idk about you, but I thought Rondo was going to destroy Fisher and Celtics would win, especially with Bynum being injurd. But thanks to the genius of Phil Jackson, he had Fisher guard Ray Ray instead which worked surprisingly well most games, and he put Kobe on Rondo and let him shoot <-- that strategy was the X-factor in that series. Celtics were supposed to win that (especially with Bynum out) because they matched up better, but then Phil Jacksons strategy made it so Lakers matched up better. I bet you Heat will use that same strategy when they use Wade to defend Rondo (which also allows Wade to leave his man and gamble on steals more).

How do you know that this will happen? You don't. It really annoys me when people assume things that might not ever happen. Bosh always gets bullied by KG and it always seems KG gets inside his head. Now Bosh will have to deal with Shaq as well.

Guy, if you want to talk basketball, go ahead. It only makes you look completely blind to the game when you assume what will happen. Sure the Celtics are one year older, but with that comes more experience and a hunger to win another championship.

jon32
08-03-2010, 09:28 PM
**** sakes! miami and now bostons bench alone could kill the raps starters.....gonna be one hell of a ****** year

RCarlson85
Just cuz ima Bulls fan doesnt mean I see em winning the East, just yet atleast -- dumbass :facepalm:. I aint no Celts fans, just being honest with how I see the East turning up...unlike u, u Bandwagoonerrr!!

JO never played PF:facepalm: what are u stupid!!! do ur research..and "How does adding the O'neals not change the Celtics at all" i never said that, read carefullly, i said its not gona have a significant change

Shaqs Ego is diminishing, but hey even if u still see him with a big ego, hes a 4x Champion, unlike Wade, LBJ, Bosh...so im sure the Celts would bring that Ego on board, he at least is proven to win..

Bandwaggoner? Look when you joined PSD...July 2010. That just happens to be the same time that Lebron could have signed with the Bulls and made the bulls relevant, but didn't. I think you should look in the mirror before you start name calling. You're a child if you have to resort to name calling, grow up. It looks like I pushed the right button judging by your response. LOL!!!! You also need to learn grammar and learn how to spell because it's awfully hard to understand what you're even trying to say.

Why don't you do research. JO ISN'T A PF, HE PLAYS CENTER. Maybe before all the injuries he could have played PF, but now he is too old and slow. He would get owned by PFs. You don't even know what you're talking about. Shaq's ego isn't diminishing which is shown by the fact that it took this long for him to sign. He wanted a bigger contract and had nowhere else to turn now. If you don't think that having centers (JO and Shaq) that need the ball and need to be involved in the offense won't be a change then you're ignorant. As far as Shaq being a 4x champ, he's also 38 years old. By the time Wade, Lebron, and Bosh are that old they will have multiple championships.

DRose7
Its also funny how Heat fans hate on Shaqqq so much...the dude won you guys a championship! and now you despise the man..not even LA fans hate shaq as much as ya'll -- and he won em 3

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 09:30 PM
How do you know that this will happen? You don't. It really annoys me when people assume things that might not ever happen. Bosh always gets bullied by KG and it always seems KG gets inside his head. Now Bosh will have to deal with Shaq as well.

Guy, if you want to talk basketball, go ahead. It only makes you look completely blind to the game when you assume what will happen. Sure the Celtics are one year older, but with that comes more experience and a hunger to win another championship.

I definitely agree.
I think Boston wins the front court match-ups (specifically PF & C) pretty easily, but..At the same time, I think Miami technically wins the back-court (PG, SG, and I'm throwing SF in there for the heck of it), argument. Rondo will eat alive the Heat's point-guard though.

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Its also funny how Heat fans hate on Shaqqq so much...the dude won you guys a championship! and now you despise the man..not even LA fans hate shaq as much as ya'll -- and he won em 3

I believe the man you're talking about is named Dwyane Wade.

Aapox
08-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Boston will miss Thibs I think.

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 09:32 PM
I definitely agree.
I think Boston wins the front court match-ups (specifically PF & C) pretty easily, but..At the same time, I think Miami technically wins the back-court (PG, SG, and I'm throwing SF in there for the heck of it), argument. Rondo will eat alive the Heat's point-guard though.

Err.. Heat's pg against the Celtics will be Lebron. Why do you think Heat got Mike Miller after Pat Riley said he's going to make Lebron Magic Johnson? Pierce will guard Lebron so that means Rondo has to guard Wade, and Rondo's defense is not going to eat Wade alive buddy.

RCarlson85
08-03-2010, 09:33 PM

Haha! Another brilliant post. He didn't win us a championship, he went along for the ride. Wade did all the work. He had to have one of the best finals ever in order for the Heat to win. Anyone who watched the playoffs/finals that year would recognize that.

RadiantShot
Err.. Heat's pg against the Celtics will be Lebron. Pierce will guard Lebron so that means Rondo has to guard Wade, and Rondo's defense is not going to eat Wade alive buddy.

Did you read? Apparently not.
I said Rondo would eat the Heat's point-guard alive. If he has to guard Wade, he's not guarding a point-guard, is he? Not only that, but why would that make sense at all? What would their lineup look like? Throw it out there.

Justintyme
How's KG gonna get in Bosh's head when he'll be scrambling all over the paint trying to stop these guys who will be relentless in attack. It seems like folks aren't understanding this crucial fact. What team in the history of basketball has had the ability to attack the basket like the heat have?? I would love to hear something.

unwantedplayer
08-03-2010, 09:34 PM
How's KG gonna get in Bosh's head when he'll be scrambling all over the paint trying to stop these guys who will be relentless in attack. It seems like folks aren't understanding this crucial fact. What team in the history of basketball has had the ability to attack the basket like the heat have?? I would love to hear something.

Theres only one ball.

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Boston will miss Thibs I think.

I completely forgot about that. I'm not sure how many ppl here don't know this, but the genius behind Celtics defense was Thibodeau who left and is now the head coach of the Bulls. That should hurt them a little, especially because Rondo and Garnett are always arguing about defensive rotations - they no longer have Thibodeau to settle those arguments.

unwantedplayer
08-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Err.. Heat's pg against the Celtics will be Lebron. Why do you think Heat got Mike Miller after Pat Riley said he's going to make Lebron Magic Johnson? Pierce will guard Lebron so that means Rondo has to guard Wade, and Rondo's defense is not going to eat Wade alive buddy.

Its actually Mario Chalmers, and Rondo was 1st Team All Defense last year, just saying.

RadiantShot
I'll just reserve the right to say I told (some of you) so, after it doesn't work out as well as expected.

DRose7
Bandwaggoner? Look when you joined PSD...July 2010. That just happens to be the same time that Lebron could have signed with the Bulls and made the bulls relevant, but didn't. I think you should look in the mirror before you start name calling. You're a child if you have to resort to name calling, grow up. It looks like I pushed the right button judging by your response. LOL!!!! You also need to learn grammar and learn how to spell because it's awfully hard to understand what you're even trying to say.

Why don't you do research. JO ISN'T A PF, HE PLAYS CENTER. Maybe before all the injuries he could have played PF, but now he is too old and slow. He would get owned by PFs. You don't even know what you're talking about. Shaq's ego isn't diminishing which is shown by the fact that it took this long for him to sign. He wanted a bigger contract and had nowhere else to turn now. If you don't think that having centers (JO and Shaq) that need the ball and need to be involved in the offense won't be a change then you're ignorant. As far as Shaq being a 4x champ, he's also 38 years old. By the time Wade, Lebron, and Bosh are that old they will have multiple championships.

OH NOO a Heat Fan got his PERIOD!!

You said JO never played PF, dont try to change your words now...your wrong dude!! And yeah Shaqs ego isnt diminishing, thats why he should to be a bench player, in a 4 star team, not to mention taking prob a lil over vet min. He may have wanted more money in the beginning, but find me an NBA player wouldnt -- OH YEAH THAT STUPID HEATS TEAM. Shaq stated a while ago that he didnt care about the money, and would be down 4 role player position, if not he would have signed with ATL or the Knicks for GODSAKE --stop hating on SHAQ dude

unwantedplayer
08-03-2010, 09:37 PM
I completely forgot about that. I'm not sure how many ppl here don't know this, but the genius behind Celtics defense was Thibodeau who left and is now the head coach of the Bulls. That should hurt them a little, especially because Rondo and Garnett are always arguing about defensive rotations - they no longer have Thibodeau to settle those arguments.

And the Celts replace Thibs with Lawrence Frank, another excellent defensive coach.

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Theres only one ball.

Guess what, statistical analysts and shown that the efficiency of players goes up when the usage goes down. You will hardly notice a difference in their numbers.

sixer04fan
08-03-2010, 09:38 PM
The celtics are going to be way to old and slow to beat the heat. And the heat have three players that are better than anyone on the celtics.

DRose7
08-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Haha! Another brilliant post. He didn't win us a championship, he went along for the ride. Wade did all the work. He had to have one of the best finals ever in order for the Heat to win. Anyone who watched the playoffs/finals that year would recognize that.

WTF:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
HOW can you even sayyyy that!!! The nerve of these Heat fans...Yeah Wade did all alright, after Shaq left ya'll havent made it out of the 1st round since

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 09:39 PM
And the Celts replace Thibs with Lawrence Frank, another excellent defensive coach.

Wasn't he fired by the Nets after their 0-16 start? Wow... Celtics fans must be excited!

Justintyme
08-03-2010, 09:42 PM
And another thing, it's stupid to say that the celts will dominate the center position with those has beens. You also have to think both JO & Shaq played in Miami. You don't think Riley and Co. is well aware of how other team's would expose their ex-centers??? And the heat obviously have the tools to do such a thing! Duh.

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 09:43 PM
The celtics are going to be way to old and slow to beat the heat. And the heat have three players that are better than anyone on the celtics.

Another good point by another non-celtic-homer. Celtics are old, and you know this Heat team is going to run like a mofo if the match-up suits it. Pat Riley is the coach of the showtime Lakers, and he already said he'll take over as head-coach if he feels the need to.

Check this fast line-up:

C- Bosh (has improved his strength and defense enough to play a fast ball center)
PF- Haslem
SF- Miller
SG- Wade
PG- Lebron

Celtics will have no answer for this line-up, it's going to be a sweep.

Kashmir13579
08-03-2010, 09:44 PM
yes, miami being a close second. we'll see soon.

DRose7
08-03-2010, 09:45 PM
And another thing, it's stupid to say that the celts will dominate the center position with those has beens. You also have to think both JO & Shaq played in Miami. You don't think Riley and Co. is well aware of how other team's would expose their ex-centers??? And the heat obviously have the tools to do such a thing! Duh.

Word CLE and TOR are gonna expose Bosh and Bron, they def got the tools too:eyebrow:

What toools, please dont say Bosh...Haslem probably, but thats its!

Justintyme
Theres only one ball.

Yes, and when you pass the ball around how does a defense stay in a good enough position to stop an eventual drive to the basket by the best in the biz. You don't need more basketballs for that guy.

Kobe2324
I am not a celts fan at all! but I believe they are the best in the the east. Will they finish withe the best record in the regular season...probly not...but come playoff time, I believe they are better than the Heat and Magic.

Jemikz9Clutch
08-03-2010, 09:46 PM
all i can say is they added a few more sizes and bulk

DRose7
08-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Another good point by another non-celtic-homer. Celtics are old, and you know this Heat team is going to run like a mofo if the match-up suits it. Pat Riley is the coach of the showtime Lakers, and he already said he'll take over as head-coach if he feels the need to.

Check this line-up:

C- Bosh (has improved his strength and defense enough to play a fast ball center)
PF- Haslem
SF- Miller
SG- Wade
PG- Lebron

Celtics will have no answer for this line-up, it's going to be a sweep.

U agree with that dude that Bosh is better than any1 on the Celts!!, wheres my gun when I need it lmao

Justintyme
08-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Word CLE and TOR are gonna expose Bosh and Bron, they def got the tools too:eyebrow:

What toools, please dont say Bosh...Haslem probably, but thats its!

It doesn't take a center to expose a center genius! Who the hell do you think I was talking about? Wow

RCarlson85
08-03-2010, 09:48 PM
OH NOO a Heat Fan got his PERIOD!!

You said JO never played PF, dont try to change your words now...your wrong dude!! And yeah Shaqs ego isnt diminishing, thats why he should to be a bench player, in a 4 star team, not to mention taking prob a lil over vet min. He may have wanted more money in the beginning, but find me an NBA player wouldnt -- OH YEAH THAT STUPID HEATS TEAM. Shaq stated a while ago that he didnt care about the money, and would be down 4 role player position, if not he would have signed with ATL or the Knicks for GODSAKE --stop hating on SHAQ dude

I got my period, that's a funny one. I'm not mad like you, I'm not the one name calling and getting so defensive.

Where did I change my words about JO playing PF. What I said was that he maybe could have played PF before his injuries. I never said he played PF. Learn to read while you are learning grammar and spelling. Shaq wanted more, that's obvious. He now realized he wasn't going to get it and had to settle. That's not him putting his ego aside. It was this or go play in Europe. I can hate shaq if I want to, you need to get off his ****.

I would like to respond to the bold portion of your post, but I really have no idea what it says. People like you who have only been on here a month shouldn't even be allowed to start threads because this is the result.

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 09:50 PM
I am not a celts fan at all! but I believe they are the best in the the east. Will they finish withe the best record in the regular season...probly not...but come playoff time, I believe they are better than the Heat and Magic.

You must be new to the conversation, that's ok, just explain how Celtics will defend Wade and Lebron and Mike Miller when Lebron plays pg?

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 09:50 PM
I got my period, that's a funny one. I'm not mad like you, I'm not the one name calling and getting so defensive.

Where did I change my words about JO playing PF. What I said was that he maybe could have played PF before his injuries. I never said he played PF. Learn to read while you are learning grammar and spelling. Shaq wanted more, that's obvious. He now realized he wasn't going to get it and had to settle. That's not him putting his ego aside. It was this or go play in Europe. I can hate shaq if I want to, you need to get off his ****.

I would like to respond to the bold portion of your post, but I really have no idea what it says. People like you who have only been on here a month shouldn't even be allowed to start threads because this is the result.

You lost the debate after you said that.

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 09:52 PM
RCarlson, I'm getting the impression that Rose guy is a bit of a troll and he's trying to cause trouble by insulting people instead of having a proper discussion, you shouldn't let him get to you.

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 09:52 PM
You must be new to the conversation, that's ok, just explain how Celtics will defend Wade and Lebron and Mike Miller when Lebron plays pg?

Did LeBron himself tell you he's going to play point-guard?
If I recall, Mario Chalmers is the point-guard of that team. They're not going to switch it up.

knickfan33
08-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Eh ima have to disagree, ima bulls fan, but i cant say that. I think Celts would beat us in 6

i don't think the celtics are that good, last season was there last legitimate run for a while, they now have to rebuild around Rondo....

Jemikz9Clutch
08-03-2010, 09:54 PM

let's not say that again coz the celtics proved to the people that they can still play last season. i can't say that they are that old. pierce and allen showed that they can still run the fast break. and lets not forget grand theft rondo and nate robinson that they are fresh legs who can also run. you dont need all five players to run the fast break.

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 09:55 PM
If I recall, Mario Chalmers is the point-guard of that team. They're not going to switch it up.

Really, because Pat Riley said he's going to make Lebron Magic Johnson. What position did Magic Johnson play again?

Look, Pat Riley is no Mike Brown, he knows how to optimize mismatches and he'll be sure to let Spoelstra known or take over and do it himself. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that playing Miller, Wade and Lebron at the same time creates a lot of mismatches for the Celtics (because it's so easy to defend Rondo if you hang back and let him shoot) let alone most teams out there. Chalmers will play pg so he can defend the quicker pg's, but they don't have to do that vs the Celtics. Get me?

knickfan33
08-03-2010, 09:56 PM

wade should play PG... he's the only one in that line up who is a weak oustide shooter....back to the topic

_KB24_
08-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Still stand by what I say, the Celtics are the only team that can beat the Lakers in a playoff series.

DRose7
:cheers:

You lost the debate after you said that.

knickfan33
Really, because Pat Riley said he's going to make Lebron Magic Johnson. What position did Magic Johnson play again?

Look, Pat Riley is no Mike Brown, he knows how to optimize mismatches and he'll be sure to let Spoelstra known or take over and do it himself. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that playing Miller, Wade and Lebron at the same time creates a lot of mismatches for the Celtics (because it's so easy to defend Rondo if you let him shoot).

all 5

RCarlson85
08-03-2010, 09:58 PM
WTF:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
HOW can you even sayyyy that!!! The nerve of these Heat fans...Yeah Wade did all alright, after Shaq left ya'll havent made it out of the 1st round since

It is easy to say that. Anyone who isn't an idiot could see that Wade carried the Heat to the championship. Shaq was the star when he played for the Lakers and he led them to championships, but he was past his prime by the time he came to Miami. I'm not saying shaq didn't help for the years he was on the Heat. You said he carried/lead the Heat to a championship. No, the Heat haven't had as good of a team since the championship, no one would argue that. Even having shaq past his prime was better for Wade than any of the teammates he's had until now.

The bold statement by you is probably the most ignorant statement I have ever seen on here. I haven't taken anything you have said to this point seriously and I'm certainly not going to start now. This statement obviously shows that you have no idea what you are saying.

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 10:00 PM
let's not say that again coz the celtics proved to the people that they can still play last season. i can't say that they are that old. pierce and allen showed that they can still run the fast break. and lets not forget grand theft rondo and nate robinson that they are fresh legs who can also run. you dont need all five players to run the fast break.

The playoffs are about match-ups, and last year Celtics matched up very well against the top teams in the East, and this time the Heat match up better if Lebron plays pg. So if you know how to judge match ups, just do it.

knickfan33
08-03-2010, 10:01 PM
It is easy to say that. Anyone who isn't an idiot could see that Wade carried the Heat to the championship. Shaq was the star when he played for the Lakers and he led them to championships, but he was past his prime by the time he came to Miami. I'm not saying shaq didn't help for the years he was on the Heat. You said he carried/lead the Heat to a championship. No, the Heat haven't had as good of a team since the championship, no one would argue that. Even having shaq past his prime was better for Wade than any of the teammates he's had until now.

The bold statement by you is probably the most ignorant statement I have ever seen on here. I haven't taken anything you have said to this point seriously and I'm certainly not going to start now. This statement obviously shows that you have no idea what you are saying.

shaq was still the most dominant center in the laugue when heat won.....
wade still was leader of team... but every title team needs the big man.... shaq,duncan,garnett,wallace,gasol.... all this decade....

think bosh was the mistake the heat made... he is too soft, not nearly as tough as anyone in that group

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 10:01 PM
all 5

hahah funny. What position was he most known for playing? Come on buddy, you got this!

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 10:02 PM

Look, Pat Riley is no Mike Brown, he knows how to optimize mismatches and he'll be sure to let Spoelstra known or take over and do it himself. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that playing Miller, Wade and Lebron at the same time creates a lot of mismatches for the Celtics (because it's so easy to defend Rondo if you hang back and let him shoot) let alone most teams out there. Chalmers will play pg so he can defend the quicker pg's, but they don't have to do that vs the Celtics. Get me?

When did he say this?
I don't recall him ever saying such a thing.
Either way, he'll realize how much of a failure it is when LeBron starts playing Point-Guard, and the small-forwards, or guards, on the other team, a.k.a. Kobe, Pierce, Roy, Durant, etc. All exploit the match-up. If LeBron plays point-guard, he's going to be guarding a speedy Rondo. Yes, LeBron is fast, but he'll be using a lot of energy on the defensive end keeping up. Who are they going to put on Durant? Wade? Haha. That's laughable.

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Bosh is not soft anymore, he got a lot stronger and improved his defense significantly last season.

DRose7
08-03-2010, 10:03 PM

Im not even gonna waste my time replying to most of what u just said..as for your last comment..WTF does PSD Age have anything to do with who cant and who can post Thread..if a dude has an idea to share, let em share it, no if, ands or buts, ive seen worse post by people who have been here for years...its you Heat fans f*cking it all up...get lost...my grammars and spelling are readible -- its internet slang, if you cant read it sorry for you, i aint gonna learn shyt schools out!

knickfan33
08-03-2010, 10:04 PM
i know... lebron is definetly the closest thing to magic im not denying that....
ohnestly though, i really think wade needs to be that teams PG for the most success.... everyone else in that lienup are good outside shooters except wade, let him drive and dish...

RCarlson85
RCarlson, I'm getting the impression that Rose guy is a bit of a troll and he's trying to cause trouble by insulting people instead of having a proper discussion, you shouldn't let him get to you.

I agree. I enjoy having a good sports argument but he's making it hard because he doesn't seem to want to engage in an adult discussion.

knickfan33
Bosh is not soft anymore, he got a lot stronger and improved his defense significantly last season.

no

DRose7
08-03-2010, 10:05 PM
shaq was still the most dominant center in the laugue when heat won.....
wade still was leader of team... but every title team needs the big man.... shaq,duncan,garnett,wallace,gasol.... all this decade....

think bosh was the mistake the heat made... he is too soft, not nearly as tough as anyone in that group

This dude knows what he's taking about :hi5:

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 10:05 PM
When did he say this?
I don't recall him ever saying such a thing.
Either way, he'll realize how much of a failure it is when LeBron starts playing Point-Guard, and the small-forwards, or guards, on the other team, a.k.a. Kobe, Pierce, Roy, Durant, etc. All exploit the match-up. If LeBron plays point-guard, he's going to be guarding a speedy Rondo. Yes, LeBron is fast, but he'll be using a lot of energy on the defensive end keeping up. Who are they going to put on Durant? Wade? Haha. That's laughable.

Err... Magic Johnson played pg but he didn't defend the pg's. Wow... must I break it down for you? We're talking about vs the Celtics here, and Wade will be defending Rondo the same way Kobe defended Rondo while Lebron defends Pierce. And if you need me to find you the link of when Pat Riley said he'll make Lebron Magic Johnson, I can. Just prove you're not a troll first, none of that "haha that's laughable" trash talk because that's not how men discuss things.

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 10:06 PM
I agree. I enjoy having a good sports argument but he's making it hard because he doesn't seem to want to engage in an adult discussion.

That's so contradictory. Most of your point was correct, but then you told him to 'hop off his dick,' and 'I can ride him all I want.'

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 10:10 PM
That's so contradictory. Most of your point was correct, but then you told him to 'hop off his dick,' and 'I can ride him all I want.'

In his defense, he didn't start the insults. I know that doesn't make it right, but I'm just saying, there's more than 1 bad guy here.

RCarlson85
Im not even gonna waste my time replying to most of what u just said..as for your last comment..WTF does PSD Age have anything to do with who cant and who can post Thread..if a dude has an idea to share, let em share it, no if, ands or buts, ive seen worse post by people who have been here for years...its you Heat fans f*cking it all up...get lost...my grammars and spelling are readible -- its internet slang, if you cant read it sorry for you, i aint gonna learn shyt schools out!

I can read slang and shortcuts, just not misspelled words and incomplete sentences. People who are new, like you, seem to jump on with some "great idea" when in reality they have no idea what they are saying. You're evidence of this. I would never have said anything about you only being on here for a month if you didn't accuse me of being a bandwagon fan. I think the person who joined last month, right around the free agent signing period, would technically be the bandwagon fan if anyone.

P.S. I recommend summer school.

Kashmir13579
drose7, i've read back till about page six; and to be honest, your really embarrassing yourself. you havent had one sound arguement out of your 324 posts in this thread. mostly your just name calling and instigating. i'm curious as to how people are getting so angry when its clear you have a tenuous grip on the english language. i've been banned B4 because i lost my cool when dealing with another knowledgeable bulls fan; and its just not worth it.

RadiantShot
Err... Magic Johnson played pg but he didn't defend the pg's. Wow... must I break it down for you? We're talking about vs the Celtics here, and Wade will be defending Rondo the same way Kobe defended Rondo while Lebron defends Pierce. And if you need me to find you the link of when Pat Riley said he'll make Lebron Magic Johnson, I can. Just prove you're not a troll first, none of that "haha that's laughable" trash talk because that's not how men discuss things.

Must you break what down...I'm just saying. More than likely, it's not just one game.
You must really underestimate Rondo then..And yes, please, find me the article of Riley saying he'll make LeBron Magic Johnson. And, the whole thing will be confusing. If they pull it off, they'll do a damn good job, but again, it varies, and I don't know if Pat will really want to go that route. And it was laughable. What would you prefer I say? "You're an idiot." ? Definitely not.

knickfan33
08-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Anthony randolph

Lakersfan1985
08-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Of course the celtics are the best in the east. They are the defending east champs and until beaten they will be the best in the east.

DRose7

funny how its only the Heat fans getting offended...you guys knew you were gonna start trouble the moment you guys heard "Celts" "Best" and"East"...so dont come around saying im trolling and starting shyt, if you look thru, the immaturity was started by Heat fans -- I just retaliated back..Grow up or just get out

HakeemTheDream
Must you break what down?
You said LeBron would play point-guard.
Must I break it down for YOU?
You must really underestimate Rondo then..And yes, please, find me the article of Riley saying he'll make LeBron Magic Johnson. And, the whole thing will be confusing. If they pull it off, they'll do a damn good job, but again, it varies, and I don't know if Pat will really want to go that route. And it was laughable. What would you prefer I say? "You're an idiot." ? Definitely not.

Like I said, first prove that you're not a troll. If Magic Johnson could play pg, why can't Lebron? Don't you know that being a pg doesn't mean you have to defend pg's? Kobe defended Rondo in the finals, does that make Kobe a pg? If you don't understand what I'm saying here with these semi-rhetorical questions (I'd love to hear your answer if it differs from mine), I'm going to assume you're either too ignorant to have a conversation with, or you're simply a troll messing with me.

Hangtime
08-03-2010, 10:13 PM
As far as this potential Shaq signing goes I don't care for this move. One of the things the Celtics do well is ball movement and penetration largely because of Rondo. Shaq becomes a liability because he takes up so much space when he camps down in the post. I liked the Celtics better not making this move. He is much slower at his age now. They should concentrate more on better defenders in the perimeter who can knock shots down. Shaq will do what he does best anyways and thats take half the season off and make his claims of delivering titles when playoffs come.

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Like I said, first prove that you're not a troll. If Magic Johnson could play pg, why can't Lebron? Don't you know that being a pg doesn't mean you have to defend pg's? Kobe defended Rondo in the finals, does that make Kobe a pg?

Why would I be trolling..?
I'm asking for simple evidence. I'm not trolling at all.
It's true. If Magic can play point-guard, so can LeBron, heck, LeBron played Point-guard a good portion of his freshman year in the league. I'm not debating that fact at all. I just wanted evidence; after all, you did say you would link me. And the Kobe thing doesn't have legs in this argument. This is about LeBron and the Heat.

Eagles4Lyfe
LOL the celts were already and still are the best in the eastern conf who is better than them:S

RCarlson85

First off I said I can hate him if I want. Secondly, I can only be an adult for so long, I have to speak a language he will understand.

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 10:17 PM
First off I said I can hate him if I want. Secondly, I can only be an adult for so long, I have to speak a language he will understand.

My apologies. Forgot. I have that tendency.
Anyway, I agree, and for one, I didn't read all the way back. I'm just telling you, your argument was completely fine, and if you leave those unnecessary comments out, you're taken a lot more serious around here. Your opinion is much more respected too.

knickfan33
08-03-2010, 10:18 PM
funny how its only the Heat fans getting offended...you guys knew you were gonna start trouble the moment you guys heard "Celts" "Best" and"East"...so dont come around saying im trolling and starting shyt, if you look thru the immaturity was started by Heat fans -- I just retaliated back..Grow up and just get out

THE HEAT fans really do act like they won something already, the only city i've ever heard of that give their players a parade and keys to the city just for signing..... noone hates you because your that good, we hate you cause you act like you won something and you didn't.....
once again, you may have bought yourself 2-3 titles in the next 5 years, then you will have 33 year old wade with 31 bosh and lebron and no draft picks.... and all the heat fans on this forum will dissapear during your decade of Knick like mediocrity.

at least wait till your team does something to act like winners.

unwantedplayer
08-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Like I said, first prove that you're not a troll. If Magic Johnson could play pg, why can't Lebron? Don't you know that being a pg doesn't mean you have to defend pg's? Kobe defended Rondo in the finals, does that make Kobe a pg? If you don't understand what I'm saying here with these semi-rhetorical questions (I'd love to hear your answer if it differs from mine), I'm going to assume you're either too ignorant to have a conversation with, or you're simply a troll messing with me.

He clearly asked you to post the article where Riley said he was gonna make LBJ another Magic Johnson. We all know James' capabilities of being a playmaker and we all know what type of player he is. If anyone is acting like a troll, it is you. You are continuing to post post information that is false and it seems to me that your knowledge of the game is very poor. RadiantShot is making a very good argument and you are not supporting it very well.

RCarlson85
08-03-2010, 10:19 PM
drose7, i've read back till about page six; and to be honest, your really embarrassing yourself. you havent had one sound arguement out of your 324 posts in this thread. mostly your just name calling and instigating. i'm curious as to how people are getting so angry when its clear you have a tenuous grip on the english language. i've been banned B4 because i lost my cool when dealing with another knowledgeable bulls fan; and its just not worth it.

LOL!!! That's hilarious!

HakeemTheDream
It's true. If Magic can play point-guard, so can LeBron, heck, LeBron played Point-guard a good portion of his freshman year in the league. I'm not debating that fact at all. I just wanted evidence; after all, you did say you would link me. And the Kobe thing doesn't have legs in this argument. This is about LeBron and the Heat.

I was under the impression you thought Lebron playing pg was laughable. Very well, if you can see that it's not laughable at all when Wade defends the pg (especially when that pg can't shoot, so Wade can hang back), then here it is

“LeBron would be Magic (Johnson)...” Riley said in the latest issue of Sports Illustrated, repeating what he told King James during Miami’s three-hour presentation in downtown Cleveland on July 2.

“He actually liked that conversation. He lit up and he said that would be great if ‘I didn’t have to score’ (a lot), that he could be maybe the first guy since Oscar Robertson to be a (consistent) triple-double guy.”

http://thelakersnation.com/blog/2010/07/18/pat-riley-used-the-lakers-to-lure-lebron-to-miami/

happy?

Lakersfan1985

Magic was a completely different player than Lebron and any person that says otherwise I would be confused and would love to hear your reasoning on how. I honestly don't think Lebron could play pg like Magic, not even close.

unwantedplayer
08-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Magic was a completely different player than Lebron and any person that says otherwise I would be confused and would love to hear your reasoning on how. I honestly don't think Lebron could play pg like Magic, not even close.

Ding, ding.

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 10:20 PM
I was under the impression you thought Lebron playing pg was laughable. Very well, if you can see that it's not laughable at all when Wade defends the pg (especially when that pg can't shoot, so Wade can hang back), then here it is

http://thelakersnation.com/blog/2010/07/18/pat-riley-used-the-lakers-to-lure-lebron-to-miami/

happy?

Yes, I'm very happy. Thank you for posting what I asked for three pages ago. :cool:
Also, I'm not a troller. You may have gotten the impression...I guess I could have come off that way, but again, yeah, apologies.

OC Knights #11
08-03-2010, 10:21 PM
i hate the heat just like most people. But the Celtics' are not the best team on paper. On paper they are an old team with washed up former all-stars. But the thing is last season they went all the way to the finals. Can't count them out.

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 10:22 PM

LeBron can't play it LIKE Magic, but he can play the position. There's no denying that at all.

RCarlson85
My apologies. Forgot. I have that tendency.
Anyway, I agree, and for one, I didn't read all the way back. I'm just telling you, your argument was completely fine, and if you leave those unnecessary comments out, you're taken a lot more serious around here. Your opinion is much more respected too.

I appreciate that. I had a weak moment.

RadiantShot
He clearly asked you to post the article where Riley said he was gonna make LBJ another Magic Johnson. We all know James' capabilities of being a playmaker and we all know what type of player he is. If anyone is acting like a troll, it is you. You are continuing to post post information that is false and it seems to me that your knowledge of the game is very poor. RadiantShot is making a very good argument and you are not supporting it very well.

When UWP is on your side, everything feels better. :o

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 10:23 PM
I appreciate that. I had a weak moment.

It's okay. Don't we all? Haha. It's all good. I'm sure I would have a few, especially if I was arguing with a person like...Uhm, well, yeah, I'll stop now. ;)

Lakersfan1985
08-03-2010, 10:25 PM
As far as who the best in the east is, well clearly it is the celtics. When the playoffs started I was telling a bunch of people don't sleep on the celtics. And sure enough they made it too the finals.

Hangtime
08-03-2010, 10:25 PM
I will say only because of the respect of being the defending Eastern champs, yes they are the team to beat. Certainly not because of a potential Shaq sighning. I do think the threeheaded monster in Miami will pose a formidable challenge to them. Boston is a veteran squad who knows how to turn it on come playoffs. The question is can the aging group be healthy again at that point?

Lakersfan1985
08-03-2010, 10:26 PM
LeBron can't play it LIKE Magic, but he can play the position. There's no denying that at all.

True, but I think him playing pg would hinder the team more than help them.

DRose7
08-03-2010, 10:27 PM
I can read slang and shortcuts, just not misspelled words and incomplete sentences. People who are new, like you, seem to jump on with some "great idea" when in reality they have no idea what they are saying. You're evidence of this. I would never have said anything about you only being on here for a month if you didn't accuse me of being a bandwagon fan. I think the person who joined last month, right around the free agent signing period, would technically be the bandwagon fan if anyone.

P.S. I recommend summer school.

Yeah I joined PSD around NBA's July FA just to prove to people online, that I have never seen before in my life, that i am and will always be a BULLS FAN...good point!!!:clap:

And if you could read slang, you would know that purposely missed spell words are slang -- their quicker, shorter and dont distort it's actually meaning. LOOK AT YOU HEAT FANS, your turning a Celts convo into a debate over grammar and spelling, its clear you guys fight over the smallest things...LIKE I SAID GROW UP OR JUST GET OUTTT

RCarlson85
08-03-2010, 10:28 PM
It's okay. Don't we all? Haha. It's all good. I'm sure I would have a few, especially if I was arguing with a person like...Uhm, well, yeah, I'll stop now. ;)

Lol. It does get hard sometimes, we just have to do the best we can to stay focused. It's nice to come across reasonable people on here like yourself. I look forward to some great Heat/Magic battles this year!

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Yeah I joined PSD around NBA's July FA just to prove to people online, that I have never seen before in my life, that i am and will always be a BULLS FAN...good point!!!:clap:

And if you could read slang, you would know that purposely missed spell words are slang -- their quicker, shorter and dont distort it's actually meaning. LOOK AT YOU HEAT FANS, your turning a Celts convo into a debate over grammar and spelling, its clear you guys fight over the smallest things...LIKE I SAID GROW UP OR JUST GET OUTTT

Sorry, this agitates me.
It's "they're."

RCarlson85
08-03-2010, 10:30 PM

I don't care if you're a bulls fan or how long you've been a bulls fan. If you don't want people to question your loyalty, don't question theirs. It's as simple as that. I'm through talking to you about this.

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Lol. It does get hard sometimes, we just have to do the best we can to stay focused. It's nice to come across reasonable people on here like yourself. I look forward to some great Heat/Magic battles this year!

Amen to that brother. :cheers:
Can't wait for the new rivalry. Should be great!
And thanks for the compliment. I try. When I started out, I was VERY immature. Took me a few months to actually get into the scheme of things. From there, it's smooth-sailing. Likewise to you as well; good poster.

blams
08-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Heat are easily the best

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 10:31 PM
i hate the heat just like most people. But the Celtics' are not the best team on paper. On paper they are an old team with washed up former all-stars. But the thing is last season they went all the way to the finals. Can't count them out.

It's all about match ups. Last year Celtics matched up really well against the elite teams in the East, but this year Heat match up better so the tables have turned.

DRose7
08-03-2010, 10:34 PM

:facepalm: We'll I guess PSD is gonna need to kick you out again! IDK what your tryna start, but if you want start some stupid shyt, get to the back of the line, behind all the other heat fans

PS I dont even have close to 324 post, you must have mistaken me for the Bulls fan that got you kicked out in the first place :D -- I really wanna make the second...Get lost

DRose7
08-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Sorry, this agitates me.
It's "they're."

Lol yeah my bad on that one!

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Lol yeah my bad on that one!

It's all good.
I'm a complete grammar Benedict as of late, sadly.

Hangtime
08-03-2010, 10:36 PM
It's all about match ups. Last year Celtics matched up really well against the elite teams in the East, but this year Heat match up better so the tables have turned.

I agree. The post season is where matchups become very important as well as coaching. If Miami utilizes the talents they have aquired right they will beat the old three of Boston in a series.

Mr Haha
08-03-2010, 10:39 PM
I do believe the Celts are the best team in the East for a number of reasons. Mostly, because they are a tested unit who function highly as a team. They have the age concerns, but as was proved last season, their vets know how to leave enough in the tank over the course of a season and dominate in the playoffs. This is a distinct contrast to the Heat, a team STACKED with unbelievable talent, and who will be nearly impossible to defend on the wings if, and only if, they somehow gel together, which in my opinion is a big if.

Lakersfan1985
08-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Celtics have the advantage over the heat when it comes to the pf position the pg and the center position. Not so sure about the bench considering that there still is signings going on. Overall I think the Heat and Celtics are almost equal considering how good wade and lebron are, so it's close.

gfixer33
08-03-2010, 10:40 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 10:41 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm glad we have insightful posters such as yourself.

Hangtime
08-03-2010, 10:42 PM
I really like the Eddie House signing for the Heat. They have made excellent additions to the bench.

BrotherRedz
08-03-2010, 10:44 PM
I just hope Celtics fans wont cry if half of their team is injured that's why they lost

Alright?

They knew already beforehand Age is a FACTOR

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Celtics have the advantage over the heat when it comes to the pf position the pg and the center position. Not so sure about the bench considering that there still is signings going on. Overall I think the Heat and Celtics are almost equal considering how good wade and lebron are, so it's close.

How do Celtics have an advantage at the PF position? Garnett ain't what he used to be. Plus Bosh outplayed Garnett big time the last time they met, which was actually in 2009. Come playoff time, Garnett is 2 years older and further past his prime than the last time they met, while Bosh is 2 years more developed and closer to his prime (most players prime is when they're 27) so Bosh will probably outplay Garnett again and again

Hangtime
08-03-2010, 10:49 PM
It's clearly a last run at a title for them if they are not gonna get younger. The Heat and Bulls have gotten much better. Orlando is still a force. And if the Knicks are able to capitalize on some key free agent additions next year you can start to throw them in the mix.

Ragga
08-03-2010, 10:50 PM
If Ainge can convince Rasheed to postpone retirement or trade his contract for another "piece" this team will be great.

Hangtime
08-03-2010, 10:52 PM
The mileage keeps running on those knees of Garnett as well. the guy will be a sixteen year vet soon. Imagine having to run up and down that floor with that Miami crew in a series.

Hangtime
08-03-2010, 10:53 PM
If Ainge can convince Rasheed to postpone retirement or trade his contract for another "piece" this team will be great.

Rasheed looked like he was done in the playoffs. Stick a fork in him.

Lakersfan1985
08-03-2010, 10:53 PM
How do Celtics have an advantage at the PF position? Garnett ain't what he used to be. Plus Bosh outplayed Garnett big time the last time they met, which was actually in 2009. Come playoff time, Garnett is 2 years older and further past his prime, while Bosh is 2 years more developed and closer to his prime (most players prime is when they're 27)

Its really not about skill level all the time. Yes bosh is more athletic and younger, but hasn't proven anything. And on top of all that he doesn't have the heart garnett has. I'm a big laker fan and I hate the C's but I have to respect garnett and how he gave it his all in the finals. Not saying Bosh wont get there but he is not there yet.

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Its really not about skill level all the time. Yes bosh is more athletic and younger, but hasn't proven anything. And on top of all that he doesn't have the heart garnett has. I'm a big laker fan and I hate the C's but I have to respect garnett and how he gave it his all in the finals. Not saying Bosh wont get there but he is not there yet.

Not there yet? Can't you see Garnett ain't what he used to be? If Bosh can clearly outplay Garnett at this stage in their careers, and he proved that the last time they played, what more do you want?

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 10:56 PM

This.
If that was true...Orlando wouldn't have gotten wiped out as badly.

fishfan79
08-03-2010, 10:57 PM
shaq is a difference maker?

Lakersfan1985
08-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Not there yet? Can't you see Garnett ain't what he used to be? If Bosh can clearly outplay Garnett at this stage in their careers, and he proved that the last time they played, what more do you want?

I want to see Bosh win defensive player of the year, I want to see him win the MVP and I want him to win a playoff series. That's what I want.

ClutchLikeKobe
08-03-2010, 11:02 PM
I see Miami having the best record in the East. I see Boston having a mediocre reg season req, but I do see them both playing each other in the semi or ecf. I say defense wins championships and we all know Boston can do it, Boston in 6 or 7 over Miami.

Hangtime
08-03-2010, 11:05 PM
I think joining forces with 2 megastars like Wade and James he has clearly accepted a different role than he had in Toronto. He is on a contender for the first time in his career and it frees him up to be even more of a threat inside.

Lakersfan1985
08-03-2010, 11:06 PM
People can make the arguement that Bosh is better than Garnett. Fine I will give them that one but when you compare Bosh to someone like Pau Gasol that's a different story. Gasol in my mind is the best all around pf in the NBA mainly because Ducan appears to be on the decline; however, if Gasol wins one or two more than he could be in the conversation as the greatest pf to play the game.

avrpatsfan
08-03-2010, 11:08 PM
People will continue to count us out but that's fine. This team is better than last years team. For now we are the best just like the Lakers are in the Western Conference. Nobody has taken our crown yet. I don't think the Celtics will be #1 at the end of the season but that doesn't matter. It's the playoffs that matters.

jdmd3
08-03-2010, 11:09 PM
They are the best in the East now. They went to the finals & forced a closely fought 7-game series when nobody thought they would do anything. They're a hard nosed bunch that plays relentless defense & unselfish basketball. If they do sign Shaq & Perk returns healthy they'll have an imposing set of interior players that can play physical against any team. The main key is their health & Shaq's attitude with his new team.

Lakersfan1985
08-03-2010, 11:09 PM
This.
If that was true...Orlando wouldn't have gotten wiped out as badly.

Could you be more clear on your comment?

Hangtime
08-03-2010, 11:13 PM
They are the best in the East now. They went to the finals & forced a closely fought 7-game series when nobody thought they would do anything. They're a hard nosed bunch that plays relentless defense & unselfish basketball. If they do sign Shaq & Perk returns healthy they'll have an imposing set of interior players that can play physical against any team. The main key is their health & Shaq's attitude with his new team.

As soon as they go on a four or five game slide Shaq will start grumbling about not getting the touches. He just won't accept a minimal role in his declining years. Celts better off without him.

Hustlenomics
08-03-2010, 11:13 PM

wow someone please close this thread:facepalm:

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 11:14 PM
Could you be more clear on your comment?

Basically, what was stated was that skill isn't always the main aspect. Team-work, etc, has to come into play. I think Orlando was a deeper team than Boston last year, but got cleaned out by Boston's team-work, and coaching.

Lakersfan1985
08-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Basically, what was stated was that skill isn't always the main aspect. Team-work, etc, has to come into play. I think Orlando was a deeper team than Boston last year, but got cleaned out by Boston's team-work, and coaching.

Of course, I completely agree with you. The Celtics were the more prepared team, and that's why they won. For that reason I am not going to declare the Heat the champs because they have to go out and do the work first.

Jonathan2323
08-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Kendrick Perkins is the latest Celtics player to sound a cautionary note about the Heat. ``It won't just be as if you're going to get three All-Star players and then you win a championship,'' he told ESPN and Dime magazine. ``Who's going to make the extra pass? Who's going to make the defensive plays? This is a grown man's league and other teams are getting better, too. It's going to be a hard challenge [for Miami].''
Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/03/1759934_p2/fasano-has-opportunity-to-show.html#ixzz0vbUIaJv3

Oh i can't wait!!!

Hangtime
08-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Can't wait for opening night.

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 11:43 PM
I want to see Bosh win defensive player of the year, I want to see him win the MVP and I want him to win a playoff series. That's what I want.

So are you telling me Shaq would beat Dwight in a match up because he has more accomplishments? Or Iverson would beat Cp3 in a match up today because he has a MVP? Garnett ain't what he used to be, why is that so hard to understand..

kozelkid
08-03-2010, 11:43 PM
I think it's amazing how many people aren't believing in Boston. I would have loved to hear people's opinions on Boston had Boston beat LA in game 7 (damn near too).

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 11:53 PM
I think it's amazing how many people aren't believing in Boston. I would have loved to hear people's opinions on Boston had Boston beat LA in game 7 (damn near too).

I thought Boston would have wont he championship, they matched up very well against all the elite teams but then Lakers changed that when they deployed the "let Rondo shoot" strategy which no coach has ever thought of until now surprisingly.

Now that the "let Rondo shoot" strategy is out there, plus Celtics no longer match up better than everyone else because Miami can use Lebron at pg which causes mismatches, it's a completely different ball game buddy. So don't be so amazed, the playoffs are all about match-ups.

k24springs
08-03-2010, 11:58 PM
I'm a Magic fan but, Boston is the team to beat in the East right now until someone knocks them out. I mean Rondo, Allen, Pierce, Garnett, and even Perkins to an extent have been together for quite sometime now. They even were 4 points away from being champions. When that team plays together and start locking teams down they can beat anybody(even though they should've kept Tony Allen). Remember they dont even need home-court advantage because they've proven they can beat any team on the road. They have definitely earned my respect because I even thought they were done but boy was I wrong. All in all they still are the team to beat.

Hustlenomics
08-03-2010, 11:58 PM
I thought Boston would have wont he championship, they matched up very well against all the elite teams but then Lakers changed that when they deployed the "let Rondo shoot" strategy which no coach has ever thought of until now surprisingly.

Now that the "let Rondo shoot" strategy is out there, plus Celtics no longer match up better than everyone else because Miami can use Lebron at pg which causes mismatches, it's a completely different ball game buddy. So don't be so amazed, the playoffs are all about match-ups.

you're dumb, lol people been letting rondo shoot all this time stop acting like it was just now thought of

Lakersho
08-04-2010, 12:14 AM
... RadiantShot , Thats what I've been telling some of the heat faithful. Sure they are old, sure your guys can jump out of the gym. Whatever ,reg. season is one thing and playoffs is another. Come playoff time ,the celtics use the game tapes and make adjustments to everything that worked for your teams reg.season success, and take all or most of that away. Your coach is the one in the hot seat then. What plays can i get a score, Ect. Ect Ect. Under estimate them ,I DARE YOU...

People will continue to count us out but that's fine. This team is better than last years team. For now we are the best just like the Lakers are in the Western Conference. Nobody has taken our crown yet. I don't think the Celtics will be #1 at the end of the season but that doesn't matter. It's the playoffs that matters.
... I don' really LIKE the Celtics , But if the heat, and any other East teams think it's gonna be a cakewalk going through C's in the playoffs they are delusional. If C's get shaq, ya i know he's a shell of what he was. But He'll beat the crap out of any center for 20 to 25 a game and he will score and draw fouls , then you have perk, sheed, J.O. to throw at who ever else . Let'm hate , I guess they don't know DEF. and STEADY scoring wins in playoffs , not tomahawk dunks... OH YA, C'S are the EC Champions , until taken out in the playoff they earned the no.1 spot... C's dont need no.1 to win tho look at last year, how'd that turn out ???

HakeemTheDream
08-04-2010, 12:16 AM
you're dumb, lol people been letting rondo shoot all this time stop acting like it was just now thought of

I'm not talking about just letting him shoot sometimes, I'm talking about standing 3 yards back and letting him shoot every single time as an actual team strategy. Clearly Mo Williams and the Cavs didn't do that otherwise Rondo wouldn't have destroyed them like he did

kozelkid
08-04-2010, 12:20 AM
I'm not talking about just letting him shoot sometimes, I'm talking about standing 3 yards back and letting him shoot every single time as an actual team strategy. Clearly Mo Williams and Jameer Nelson didn't do that, otherwise Rondo wouldn't have destroyed them like that

Giving Rondo 3 feet isn't anything new. Orlando and Cleveland did the same. The difference is that Kobe is a good defender, while neither Jameer and Mo are.

Iron24th
08-04-2010, 12:24 AM
Yeah boston could be better than miami and orlando.

HakeemTheDream
08-04-2010, 12:29 AM
Boston can be better than Orlando because they match up well, Perkins can defend Dwight without double team help. Boston doesn't match up well against Miami at all.

Bos 232
08-04-2010, 12:31 AM
nice to see some there are still some objective fans out there. Fans of the best team in the NBA (the Lakers) show that they have intelligent fans who know the game. Miami will be a difficult team to beat for the C's, but some of you delusional heat fans think that they have already won the ********** championship!

HakeemTheDream
08-04-2010, 12:33 AM
Giving Rondo 3 feet isn't anything new. Orlando and Cleveland did the same. The difference is that Kobe is a good defender, while neither Jameer and Mo are.

I didn't see Mo giving Rondo 3 feet, Rondo was consistently blowing past Mo and getting layups because Mo was trying to stay close to him. Bryant was barely playing defense, he was literally just letting him shoot and protecting the lay up. Bryant could have camped under the ring and there would have been the same results.

cle12152433
08-04-2010, 12:37 AM
Garnett and Perkins are going to trash Bosh and Z.

HakeemTheDream
08-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Garnett and Perkins are going to trash Bosh and Z.

Is that why Bosh trashed Garnett last time they played? Garnett got 12 points and fouled out, Bosh got 20 points shooting 70%

cle12152433
08-04-2010, 12:42 AM
Is that why Bosh trashed Garnett last time they played? And Perkins averages 7ppg?

WOW YOU ARE A WORM! Way to edit your post last second. FYI, Z has never "trashed" Perkins

#1giant fanatic
08-04-2010, 12:43 AM
as a laker fan yes i think the celtics got much better and it will be another lakers vs. celtics again. miami heat wont even be close to the second round of the playoffs next season because of there bench players they got a bunch of old left overs on the bench.

omagicdon
08-04-2010, 12:45 AM
keep on sleepn on the MAGIC Fools!!!!!

HakeemTheDream
WOW YOU ARE A WORM! Way to edit your post last second. FYI, Z has never "trashed" Perkins

Wtf, http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=perkike01&p2=ilgauzy01

troll

cle12152433
Is that why Bosh trashed Garnett last time they played? Garnett got 12 points and fouled out, Bosh got 20 points shooting 70%

Give it up. You have edited that post 4 times since I made the above post. I caught you fare and square. Face it. You have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

Secondly, if you are making a point over one game, then that proves my point. You dont know what you are saying, and again you had to look that up after you made your previous post, which was WRONG

JordansBulls
08-04-2010, 12:47 AM

No. The Heat will more than likely be the #1 seed and the favorite. It will be like 2005 with Detroit and Miami. Detroit won it all in 2004 but in 2005 Miami had the better record and better stars.

cle12152433
08-04-2010, 12:48 AM
hmmm....maybe because Perkins time has been cut throughout the past 3 years with KG, Leon Powe, and Big Baby, and because Z has started the games? (hence another reason the Celtics continuously won)... Your little fact website that you had to find after you edited your post 4 times doesnt say that, does it?

#1giant fanatic
08-04-2010, 12:50 AM
No. The Heat will more than likely be the #1 seed and the favorite. It will be like 2005 with Detroit and Miami. Detroit won it all in 2004 but in 2005 Miami had the better record and better stars.

i do not think miami will be #1 seed and the favorite with the big 3 and a weak bench they have to earn it first to be #1

cle12152433
08-04-2010, 12:52 AM
Wtf, http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=perkike01&p2=ilgauzy01

troll

Take a seat scrub. Garnett averages less minutes but still scores more points with a better pct.

HakeemTheDream
08-04-2010, 12:52 AM
Give it up. You have edited that post 4 times since I made the above post. I caught you fare and square. Face it. You have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

Big Z has clearly outplayed Perkins several times in their career and here's solid proof http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi

Just so everyone else knows, I don't respond to trolls, so don't be surprised if I completely ignore anyone who acts like this fool here.

HakeemTheDream
08-04-2010, 12:54 AM
What's up with ppl comparing Garnett's stats in his prime to Bosh's? Don't ppl realize Garnett isn't what he used to be? Wow... good luck with Garnett averaging 25ppg and 14rebs again. Hey? Why don't they get Bill Russell to come out of retirement and average 25 rebounds while you're at it?

cle12152433
08-04-2010, 12:54 AM
Big Z has clearly outplayed Perkins several times in their career and here's solid proof http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi

Just so everyone else knows, I don't respond to trolls, so don't be surprised if I completely ignore anyone who acts like this fool here.

No, you wont respond because I caught you changing posts and you dont wanna man up and accept the fact you are wrong.

soonabooma
08-04-2010, 12:56 AM

Whoever said the Heat passed them in the first place?

;)

Bos 232
08-04-2010, 12:56 AM
hakeem, do you believe half the ******* you type? Talk about bandwagoners. Did you become a fan when they signed lebron? According to you, the Heat should just be crowned 2010-2010 NBA Champs now! People like you and "some" other heat fans on here give trues fans of the team bad rep. It's ok to defend your team, but to say the celtics have no chance is just ridiculous!

HakeemTheDream
08-04-2010, 01:00 AM
hakeem, do you believe half the ******* you type? Talk about bandwagoners. Did you become a fan when they signed lebron? According to you, the Heat should just be crowned 2010-2010 NBA Champs now! People like you and "some" other heat fans on here give trues fans of the team bad rep. It's ok to defend your team, but to say the celtics have no chance is just ridiculous!

I'm a Rockets fan buddy, playoffs are a game of match ups and the only team that can match up against the Heat is the Lakers. That's my unbiased analysis, don't even trip.

cle12152433
08-04-2010, 01:01 AM

And he edits posts so it makes it look like he has all the facts. In minutes he edited one post 4 times to make me look like a fool, but I caught him.

Regardless, the facts are KG is tougher, plays with a higher intensity level, and even at 33?-34? STILL HAS BETTER STATISTICS. So i dont know what all this prime garbage is hes talking about? I guess one game makes a career....

#1giant fanatic
08-04-2010, 01:03 AM
I'm a Rockets fan buddy, playoffs are a game of match ups and the only team that can match up against the Heat is the Lakers. That's my unbiased analysis, don't even trip.

im a lakers fan..how can you say the heat can match up with the lakers if the big 3 havent even played the lakers before

Bos 232
08-04-2010, 01:05 AM
people say kg is gonna be worse than last year cuz hes one year older? Sorry, but he is going to be alot better than last year because his surgically repaired knee will finally be close to 100%

cle12152433

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

You mean you WERE a Rockets fan, but then LeBron went to South Beach?

nevermind the fact that the Miami bench is practically on life support and Ray Allen is a better 3 point shooter than James, Wade, and Miller.

Nevermind the fact that the Celtics have Rajon Rondo AND Paul Peirce (who I might add has matched up again LeBron almost every playoff game and WON EVERY SERIES)

And, as mentioned earlier nevermind the fact that Kevin Garnett is better than Chris Bosh. And thats a proven.

did I mention Doc Rivers was better than Erik Spoelstra?

HakeemTheDream
people say kg is gonna be worse than last year cuz hes one year older? Sorry, but he is going to be alot better than last year because his surgically repaired knee will finally be close to 100%

I doubt that.

cle12152433
08-04-2010, 01:08 AM
to say the Celtics cant match up is asanine.

And everyone forgets the "other" Florida team. The same team that knocked out Lebron.

Howard, Lewis, Nelson, Carter. Jeez. Thats a solid lineup too. Get your facts straight.

Bos 232
08-04-2010, 01:08 AM
i get it now, you are now a fan of the heat because you know the rockets cant beat the lakers.

cle12152433
08-04-2010, 01:12 AM
I doubt that.

:eyebrow: okay?

Thats...a...good post...

mynameismo
08-04-2010, 01:15 AM
Last time I checked, we were the Eastern Conference champs.

Unless Miami, Orlando or Chicago dethrone us, we're considered the best in the east.

cle12152433
08-04-2010, 01:16 AM
last time i checked, we were the eastern conference champs.

Unless miami, orlando or chicago dethrone us, we're considered the best in the east.

thank you

CubsFanBudMan#1
08-04-2010, 01:18 AM
not for long, their to old and to many up and coming teams like miami and the bulls

HakeemTheDream
08-04-2010, 01:20 AM
Last time I checked, we were the Eastern Conference champs.

Unless Miami, Orlando or Chicago dethrone us, we're considered the best in the east.

Last time I checked, this is a discussion forum so we're allowed to discuss who we think will win the East next year. If you check out the match ups, considering that Lebron can play pg vs Boston, it's pretty clear that Miami have the match up advantage. Playoffs are all about the match-ups baby, that's why Celtics got to the finals last year (they matched up real well against everyone they faced, too bad Ray Allen got shut down by Fisher which shocked me). Miami is the new Boston.

cle12152433
08-04-2010, 01:26 AM
considering that Lebron can play pg vs Boston, it's pretty clear that Miami have the match up advantage.

Yep, you said it. Hold the phones everyone. I didnt see it but Hakeem here said it happened. LeBron wiped the floor with Rondo. Sorry I must have been playing NBA 2k10 and not known it....Wait, the Cavs won the Finals right?

:pity:

mynameismo
08-04-2010, 01:35 AM
Last time I checked, this is a discussion forum so we're allowed to discuss who we think will win the East next year. If you check out the match ups, considering that Lebron can play pg vs Boston, it's pretty clear that Miami have the match up advantage. Playoffs are all about the match-ups baby, that's why Celtics got to the finals last year (they matched up real well against everyone they faced, too bad Ray Allen got shut down by Fisher which shocked me). Miami is the new Boston.

The title of this thread ask is "Celts the Best in the East now?"

I just said they've always been since they were the EC Champs. FACT.
When did I mention to not discuss this? The season hasn't even started yet. Your opinions are based on the FUTURE, mine is on what's at PRESENT.

DKGiants
08-04-2010, 01:41 AM
the celtics.. you expect these old douche's to win more regular season games then the HEAT?? wont happen. Heat should set a new Wins record or at least tie it. but it'll be good to see all these good teams try n battle the Heat.. and no the Heat are still the best. they got 2 monsters in LBJ and DDDDDWADEEE(2 top 5 players) and 1 alright douche in bosh.

cle12152433
08-04-2010, 01:42 AM
the Heat are still the best.

no.

Hotone1401
08-04-2010, 04:00 AM

Well since Lebron can't shoot, I would lay off of him and give him the shot while limiting his options. I would stay at home on Miller and play off Wade but at the same time stay attached to him if he slashes to the basket because Wade can't shoot either. They aren't unstoppable buddy and a coach like Rivers or Phil will expose their weaknesses. Until Lebron develops a pure and consistent shot, there will always be a way to guard him with team defense. You can't argue that because his shortcomings as a basketball player are repeatedly exposed every every year. Great ****in athlete though.

You're really sensitive about this Shaq deal with the Celtics. You're so convinced that Wade led Shaq to another title but Wade hasn't done anything since Shaq has left. Now in reference to what the other guy was saying, I don't believe he said Shaq led Wade to a title either, but it was clear to everybody watching that the importance of both players was equal. Do you honestly believe Wade would have had that great performance in the Finals if Shaq wasn't demanding a double and triple team so Wade could go one on one all day against the Mavs? And you totally disregard Shaq's defense that postseason. The biggest thing was Shaq was not the numbers but instead his presence, it was always a huge factor because he demanded attention. How else was Haslem available to grab all the offensive rebounds in the final possessions of games? Because his man was trying to put a body on Shaq right?

Don't discredit Shaq anymore please because you are really proving yourself to be clueless about the game of basketball. Everybody knows Shaq's presence is a factor and always has been even in his Laker days. Shaq's a winner and it's a proven fact. Wade hasn't won without Shaq and that's not a knock against Wade because he is a wonderful player who hasn't had much help as of late. It won't be easy getting past the Celtics this season as many HEAT fans believe and if your players had your mentality and arrogance than they themselves will be in for a rude awakening. Just stop please. You sound like a moron and you should go back to the HEAT forum where it will be the only place where anybody agrees with you. :facepalm:

HakeemTheDream
08-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Well since Lebron can't shoot, I would lay off of him and give him the shot while limiting his options. I would stay at home on Miller and play off Wade but at the same time stay attached to him if he slashes to the basket because Wade can't shoot either. They aren't unstoppable buddy and a coach like Rivers or Phil will expose their weaknesses. Until Lebron develops a pure and consistent shot, there will always be a way to guard him with team defense. You can't argue that because his shortcomings as a basketball player are repeatedly exposed every every year. Great ****in athlete though.

You're really sensitive about this Shaq deal with the Celtics. You're so convinced that Wade led Shaq to another title but Wade hasn't done anything since Shaq has left. Now in reference to what the other guy was saying, I don't believe he said Shaq led Wade to a title either, but it was clear to everybody watching that the importance of both players was equal. Do you honestly believe Wade would have had that great performance in the Finals if Shaq wasn't demanding a double and triple team so Wade could go one on one all day against the Mavs? And you totally disregard Shaq's defense that postseason. The biggest thing was Shaq was not the numbers but instead his presence, it was always a huge factor because he demanded attention. How else was Haslem available to grab all the offensive rebounds in the final possessions of games? Because his man was trying to put a body on Shaq right?

Don't discredit Shaq anymore please because you are really proving yourself to be clueless about the game of basketball. Everybody knows Shaq's presence is a factor and always has been even in his Laker days. Shaq's a winner and it's a proven fact. Wade hasn't won without Shaq and that's not a knock against Wade because he is a wonderful player who hasn't had much help as of late. It won't be easy getting past the Celtics this season as many HEAT fans believe and if your players had your mentality and arrogance than they themselves will be in for a rude awakening. Just stop please. You sound like a moron and you should go back to the HEAT forum where it will be the only place where anybody agrees with you. :facepalm:

Dude, wake up, Shaq will be 38 years old and ain't what he used to be. Whatever he does well on the offensive end will be negated by the fact he can't run anymore, and the fact he can't come out to contest Big Z's shot. Garnett ain't what he used to be either, but more on that in a sec.

Sorry, tell me again who you think Rondo is going to defend? This is a guy who doesn't play lock-down defense very well, he mainly lets players drive past and knocks the ball out from behind them with his long arms - that style of defense is going to make it easy for Lebron or Wade to get to the basket. Speaking of that, the fact Big Z, Bosh and Miller all space the floor out to the 3 will make it easier for Lebron and Wade to attack the basket. Last time Garnett played Bosh, he got fouled out with 12 points. Just imagine how much more foul trouble he's going to have now with not 1, but 3 wolverines slashing 24/7.

P.S. If you want to have a grown-up conversation, please refrain with the belittling comments otherwise don't comment at all. Continue with them and you will no longer be responded to.

twoearl
08-04-2010, 09:40 AM
I think people are REALLY over rating Jermaine Oneal. The dude hasn't been relevant since what 2003? The bottom line is that Boston's big 3 is getting old. MIA big 3 is better than Boston's at this point in their careers.

MagicHero3
08-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Shaq will retire with the Celtics if he plays. That team has so much age, that halfway thru the season they will be tiring. If they can handle the physicality of the playoffs, they have a good chance. Especially with Rondo being the beast he is.
I dont think this makes them the #1 in the East.

Since no one has played a game this season yet, I would put up a 3-way tie of Boston, Orlando and Miami.

BOSTON617
08-04-2010, 09:56 AM

this!
its a sad day when a laker and celtic fan agrees lol

SchyGuy11
08-04-2010, 10:04 AM

this

Giantwarrior
08-04-2010, 10:08 AM
DAMN!.... the Celtics look great on paper right now.

10 years ago.

Da Knicks
08-04-2010, 10:14 AM
If this was 5 years ago they would have the best team in the nba too bad its not 5 years ago.

Mc Lovin
08-04-2010, 10:19 AM
They already were the best in the East before the Shaq signing. They've showed in the past they can contain Lebron, Wade, and Bosh and added some major pieces of they're own.