PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Melo leaning towards testing free agency next year

D1JM
08-03-2010, 06:02 PM
AlexKennedyNBA: Sources close to the situation don't expect Carmelo Anthony to sign an extension with the Denver Nuggets this summer.

AlexKennedyNBA: Anthony is leaning towards testing free agency next offseason, said sources on the same day that the Nuggets let go of Warkentien, Chapman.

http://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA

j-bay
08-03-2010, 06:03 PM
teams in the east i can see him with
knicks and wizards

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Something tells me he is gonna treat FA like Lebron did....

Jonathan2323
08-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Knick fans go crazy!!!!

D1JM
08-03-2010, 06:06 PM
he is going to the miami heat for the mle and paul will join in 2012 also for the mle

kozelkid
08-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Then he is going to NY or Washington.

TheFuture6
08-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Not after he wins his first ring this year.

kozelkid
08-03-2010, 06:08 PM

After the reception Lebron got, no one is going to be stupid enough to try out "the decision" again.
Melo also doesn't strike me as such a media whore like Lebron.

D1JM
08-03-2010, 06:09 PM

Maybe? Unless he gets traded to a team he would play for.

Dade County
08-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Good job Melo....... Put your future in your own hands.

The MIAMI WADES
He should go to my hometown:New Orleans w/ Chris Paul

Then It would be

my favorite Team:Miami Heat
vs
My home Team:New Orleans Hornets

For the 2011 -12 NBA Championship
:clap:

HuRRiCaNeS324
After the reception Lebron got, no one is going to be stupid enough to try out "the decision" again.
Melo also doesn't strike me as such a media whore like Lebron.

Im not talking about the decision, im saying hes gonna talk about it non stop and keep the Nuggets hostage like Lebron.

D1JM
08-03-2010, 06:12 PM

or u can add new jersey to that list too

Iron24th
08-03-2010, 06:15 PM
To NY? Maybe.

kozelkid
08-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Im not talking about the decision, im saying hes gonna talk about it non stop and keep the Nuggets hostage like Lebron.

Oh, maybe.
The major difference, however, is that unlike Cleveland, Denver isn't SO dependent on one player. It will hurt obviously if Melo leaves, but there was so much more to the Lebron incident. Given that Lebron was also considered a hometown hero and "one of them". Melo is just another player. A great player obviously, but I'd liken him more to Bosh in that sense.

kozelkid
08-03-2010, 06:17 PM
or u can add new jersey to that list too

Possibly.
I'd view Washington as a dark horse cause he grew up in Baltimore.
NY is the obvious favorite. Obviously big city/biggest stage and already has a star. I like Lopez and Harris more, but Amare is considered a more valuable player cause of his career accomplishments.

D1JM
08-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Oh, maybe.
The major difference, however, is that unlike Cleveland, Denver isn't SO dependent on one player. It will hurt obviously if Melo leaves, but there was so much more to the Lebron incident. Given that Lebron was also considered a hometown hero and "one of them". Melo is just another player. A great player obviously, but I'd liken him more to Bosh in that sense.

I think he gets traded. Better off getting two or three first rounders with a SF packaged then getting nothing in return.

D1JM
08-03-2010, 06:19 PM
hey kozel would you give up noah, deng and picks for anthony and lets say nene?

Purple&Gold24
08-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Not after he wins his first ring this year.

:rimshot:

Lol jk. Hes going to NY. Even though I think Chi would be the best fit.

Sadds The Gr8
08-03-2010, 06:23 PM
he better not go to NY

bkmikeyy
08-03-2010, 06:25 PM

Like every other Bulls fan you are heavily overrating Noah. I'm not even sure he is better than Nene.

j-bay
08-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Melo is from maryland and to play with John Wall man that would be awsome

mikantsass
08-03-2010, 06:27 PM
I can see him coming back east to play for the wiz.... he is from bmore and the wiz have a good young core with Wall, Blatche, and McGee. Plus who knows what they can get for Gilbert.

Khalifa21
08-03-2010, 06:28 PM
:dance:

Come to NY Melo, we'll welcome you with open arms.

D1JM
Like every other Bulls fan you are heavily overrating Noah. I'm not even sure he is better than Nene.

No. Nene has an early termination option next year. If melo was to leave, I think Nene would opt out and still get paid good money somewhere else.

bkmikeyy
If you honestly think Noah and Deng and some late first round picks is the best the nuggets can do for Melo (top 5-6 player in the NBA) and Nene.........

LA_Raiders
08-03-2010, 06:29 PM
I hope he goes to, Orl, NY or Chi...

gbrl
08-03-2010, 06:31 PM
very little chance but damn if he goes to pacers dont know that to say

knickerbockerny
Here we go again!

cmellofan15
Seems like it's between NY and Denver right now.

bkmikeyy
This is why I like the way the Knicks are set up after this summer, they have money for players like Melo but it will no longer be a desperation move to save a franchise and they will be ok if he goes elsewhere, and if by some chance he decides to come Lebron better not count his rings yet.

bkmikeyy
08-03-2010, 06:33 PM
very little chance but damn if he goes to pacers dont know that to say

Lmao

NYMets0507
08-03-2010, 06:35 PM
New York New York!!!

cmellofan15
08-03-2010, 06:36 PM
:laugh2:

it's a cool thought but I don't think Granger and Melo could coexist.

D1JM
08-03-2010, 06:38 PM
i still see it hard seeing melo leaving that big amount of money on the table

ClayMatthews
Everyone knows hes heading back to the great state of wisconsin. Melo to the Bucks.

vinsanity15jp
everyone just discounts new jersey when we are moving to brooklyn and have a way better core than the knicks plus when melo comes next year amare will be like 29 or 30 and he has two bad knees

amare has maybe two good years left in him tops

plus even if we improve we are going to win like 30 something games and have another top five pick whereas the knicks will still have no draft picks

bkmikeyy
08-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Great core nets fan..... I want to see that core win 20 games first. I wanna see the numbers that core puts up in games they actually win. Admit it the Knicks have a better team right now and there no reason to believe it won't be the same in a year. I know you are all excited your team is moving to brooklyn because u think it makes your team important but its not manhattan. You will still be the mets and islanders of the area.

lsslv
08-03-2010, 06:43 PM
everyone knows he is going to miami

bkmikeyy
08-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Nets fan have been real agressive lately... I find this hilarious, the smallest dog always has the biggest bark. Knicks do have a pick next year and since playoffs are a strong possibility a swap (if necessary) with houston won't do much. Keep stockpiling picks, draft is very hit or miss, haven't you noticed the same teams are always in the lottery and only 1-2 are fortunate enough to geta franchise player and get out??? All your overrated young talent can keep getting you 25 wins.

bkmikeyy
08-03-2010, 06:49 PM
amares knees are fine they have a better chance of holding up than you do of having a PF anywhere near the caliber pf that he is. Favors is far from a lock of even being a contributor in the NBAif you really like discussing hypotheticals.

HeaTxRipZz
08-03-2010, 06:51 PM
everyone just discounts new jersey when we are moving to brooklyn and have a way better core than the knicks plus when melo comes next year amare will be like 29 or 30 and he has two bad knees

plus even if we improve we are going to win like 30 something games and have another top five pick whereas the knicks will still have no draft picks

Amare is 27 currently and I will admit the Nets have a nice core but so do the Knicks. I Understand being rivals but there so much NJ fans do not want to admit about the team across the hudson which is that they are much improved

NYYCowboys
08-03-2010, 06:52 PM
i refuse to fall in love again this year only to get dumped next summer like this year :(

....but it's better to have loved and lost then to never loved at all...Let's get MELOOOO

Frankroc_MIYAYO
08-03-2010, 06:53 PM
This is why I like the way the Knicks are set up after this summer, they have money for players like Melo but it will no longer be a desperation move to save a franchise and they will be ok if he goes elsewhere, and if by some chance he decides to come Lebron better not count his rings yet.

Unfortunately, here goes another sad story for N.Y. Fans - just like the hype of Lebron going to N.Y you are about to embark on the same thing for C.Anthony.

Honestly I feel sorry for Knick fans to have to go through that disappointment again.

Good Luck though Knick Fans - maybe Melo likes paying those High Taxes in N.Y and would love the opportunity to go to a worse situation then what he has in Denver and have to battle the likes of Miami - Orlando - Boston - and Chicago instead of just worrying about LA.

But hey maybe you know something I don't?

:confused:

bkmikeyy
08-03-2010, 06:54 PM
No team that had to get hot in march to avoid the worst record in the history of the NBA should be talking trash and saying that their team is great.

Slimsim
08-03-2010, 06:58 PM

LOl you sounding desperate. Trying to make the nets look good by dragging the Knicks down. Nice try though.

NYMets0507
08-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Go ny go ny go

bkmikeyy
08-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Unfortunately, here goes another sad story for N.Y. Fans - just like the hype of Lebron going to N.Y you are about to embark on the same thing for C.Anthony.

Honestly I feel sorry for Knick fans to have to go through that disappointment again.

Good Luck though Knick Fans - maybe Melo likes paying those High Taxes in N.Y and would love the opportunity to go to a worse situation then what he has in Denver and have to battle the likes of Miami - Orlando - Boston - and Chicago instead of just worrying about LA.

Never said I think he is coming. The future is not as bleak as it was last year so cap space is more about flexibility than desperation. Melo probably won't come but there's always a chance he does though. It is arguable where the better situation is though with Billups having a few years left of being an upper echelon PG.

Slimsim
08-03-2010, 07:04 PM

Melo would be richer than LBJ if he came to NY. Oh and he also wouldn't have to worry about hurricane season.

JerseysFinest
08-03-2010, 07:07 PM
i wonder if they trade him b4 hand to get value and avoid the situation the cavaliers were in this year? IMO, the teams that can offer Denver a nice deal and have assets and cap are Chicago, New Jersey, New York, i don't think they would send him within the same conference.

djeller1139
08-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Denver ought to just trade him now and get some combination Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Anthony Randolph, and picks from NY...

JerseysFinest
08-03-2010, 07:09 PM
if the knicks offered a package of Chandler, Gallo, Curry, Randolph, Douglas, another guy, picks, cash, and a te i can't see Denver saying no.

Frankroc_MIYAYO
08-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Melo would be richer than LBJ if he came to NY. Oh and he also wouldn't have to worry about hurricane season.

Hurricane Season? Seriously Dude that's what you're coming with? WOW!

arkanian215
08-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Great core nets fan..... I want to see that core win 20 games first. I wanna see the numbers that core puts up in games they actually win. Admit it the Knicks have a better team right now and there no reason to believe it won't be the same in a year. I know you are all excited your team is moving to brooklyn because u think it makes your team important but its not manhattan. You will still be the mets and islanders of the area.

Nets fan have been real agressive lately... I find this hilarious, the smallest dog always has the biggest bark. Knicks do have a pick next year and since playoffs are a strong possibility a swap (if necessary) with houston won't do much. Keep stockpiling picks, draft is very hit or miss, haven't you noticed the same teams are always in the lottery and only 1-2 are fortunate enough to geta franchise player and get out??? All your overrated young talent can keep getting you 25 wins.

LOl you sounding desperate. Trying to make the knicks look good by dragging the Nets down. Nice try though.:p

NYYCowboys
08-03-2010, 07:13 PM
if the knicks offered a package of Chandler, Gallo, Curry, Randolph, Douglas, another guy, picks, cash, and a te i can't see Denver saying no.

We'll just wait and sign him in the offseason no biggie.

mikealike305
08-03-2010, 07:14 PM
i hope he goes to NY

JerseysFinest
08-03-2010, 07:15 PM
We'll just wait and sign him in the offseason no biggie.
that's your best bet, cuz that's a lot to give up

NYKalltheway
08-03-2010, 07:17 PM
I would say it's a no contest that he's going to NY, but I'll just stick to "Knicks are favorites to sign him"

bkmikeyy
08-03-2010, 07:17 PM
:p

Clever... nets fans just been talking a lot lately how they are much better than the knicks and I find it funny.

arkanian215
08-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Clever... nets fans just been talking a lot lately how they are much better than the knicks and I find it funny.

Eh everyone's entitled to their opinions.

What?
08-03-2010, 07:36 PM
How predictable was it that this thread was going to be Knicks fans saying Carmelo is coming to NY now. Isn't this the same thing as when there was a rumor that Lebron wanted to go to NY 2 years ago then the next year Knicks weren't even in the picture for most of the offseason

mjqusoldier
08-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Nets Fans are so wack lol why do they think they have a great core but fail to realize they only won 12 games with their so called greta core lmao

NYKalltheway
08-03-2010, 07:40 PM
How predictable was it that this thread was going to be Knicks fans saying Carmelo is coming to NY now. Isn't this the same thing as when there was a rumor that Lebron wanted to go to NY 2 years ago then the next year Knicks weren't even in the picture for most of the offseason

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5567638/lebron_james_mother_glorias_alleged.html

http://socialmediaseo.net/2010/07/09/lebron-james-mom/

http://blogs.babble.com/famecrawler/2010/07/09/did-delonte-west-lebron-james-moms-affair-keep-him-from-the-knicks/

Unlike Lebron, New York is home to Melo and his wife as well needs to be in New York if she wants to progress her MTV career.

Can't see why people bash the Knicks for failing to get Lebron. He had to choose from 6-7 teams. It made more sense to go to NY, but as the theories above say, perhaps it was a reason not to.

Evolution23
08-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Here we go again with the Knicks haters

emnherre
08-03-2010, 07:59 PM

I get the feeling he's coming to NY. leaving 65 million on the table but with the money he'll gain in endorsements plus whwhat his wife will start making it will be more than what he's leaving on the table. Afterwards you'll hear more about cp3.

Hawkeye15
08-03-2010, 08:00 PM
why am I reading trade proposals haha. Why would any GM trade young talent or picks for a player who has made it clear in his actions that he is testing FA?
This summer paved the way for stars leaving, and little teams getting trade exceptions that will end up doing nothing in most cases.

mikealike305
08-03-2010, 08:06 PM

thats what they said about lebron and bosh

Khalifa21
08-03-2010, 08:14 PM
People can see that the Knicks are out and out favorites to get him and course they're gonna hate.

The Knicks were never favorites to get LeBron, Cleveland were favorites to keep him until they lost to Boston. Between the Cavs losing in the playoffs and LeBron signing with the Heat, I don't once remember the Knicks being out and out favorites to sign Bron. It was either the Bulls or Heat.

There is pretty much no competition for Melo, unless teams start clearing cap space in preparation of next summer. There won't be much point though... Pretty much everything is pointing towards Melo signing with the Knicks.

j-bay
08-03-2010, 08:14 PM
the wizards would be a better option then the nets washington and new york are big places and have alot more fans

Hawkeye15
08-03-2010, 08:17 PM
weren't the Knicks the all out favorite to get LeBron?
Who cares. Lets play this season out, and then see where he goes, how bout that?

njnets
08-03-2010, 08:19 PM
hes goin to the nets because hes a brooklyn native! lol hopefully but i highly doubt this unfortunately...

nanablvd
He has been in NY's plan B long ago

dodgerlakertown
Who cares? there is going to be a lockout 2011-2012 season......

mikealike305
08-03-2010, 08:21 PM
People can see that the Knicks are out and out favorites to get him and course they're gonna hate.

The Knicks were never favorites to get LeBron, Cleveland were favorites to keep him until they lost to Boston. Between the Cavs losing in the playoffs and LeBron signing with the Heat, I don't once remember the Knicks being out and out favorites to sign Bron. It was either the Bulls or Heat.

There is pretty much no competition for Melo, unless teams start clearing cap space in preparation of next summer. There won't be much point though... Pretty much everything is pointing towards Melo signing with the Knicks.

what??? did u just say the knicks were never favorites to get LeBron? :facepalm:

JerseysFinest
08-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Nets Fans are so wack lol why do they think they have a great core but fail to realize they only won 12 games with their so called greta core lmao

thanks bruh

nuggetsyankees
08-03-2010, 08:27 PM
he's not gonna make a decision till after the deadline when Denver can ship K-Mart's expiring contract for a big piece

HornetsSolution
08-03-2010, 08:29 PM
The Hornets with Paul. The best option out their.

Kashmir13579
08-03-2010, 08:33 PM
good point. he's from baltimore.

redzone11
08-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Knicks fans are gonna be so pumped up, then he is gonna end up in like Washington or Charolatte or something.

Themighty305
08-03-2010, 08:35 PM
I want Melo to get traded to New York (the real one - knicks) and let the Heat Knicks rivalry start up again. They used to have some fierce battles. I wouldn't mind seeing that again.

Kenny Powders
08-03-2010, 08:36 PM

Then It would be

vs

Chicken or egg?? Either way don't count them.

blastmasta26
08-03-2010, 08:41 PM
what??? did u just say the knicks were never favorites to get LeBron? :facepalm:
I don't think we were ever favorites for LeBron recently. Maybe 2 years ago, when the whole thing started, because we were looking like we were going to have the most cap space. Then Miami and Chicago came in the picture as more likely to land him, not to mention Cleveland, who seemed like having the biggest chance before the playoffs. There was a lot of LeBron to NY speculation going on a few days before the Decision, but it turned out to be nothing more than a smoke screen.

Evolution23
08-03-2010, 08:44 PM
If he comes he comes.. NY doesn't need Melo but it would be nice.

Avenged
08-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Melo could change his mind depending on how the Nuggets do in the postseason.

blastmasta26
08-03-2010, 08:45 PM
If he comes he comes.. NY doesn't need Melo but it would be nice.
If we want to compete, we need him. We can be a playoff team without him, sure, but no way we're going anywhere without a star like Melo.

kjoke
08-03-2010, 08:49 PM
50 50 on if he goes to ny

mikealike305
08-03-2010, 08:52 PM
I don't think we were ever favorites for LeBron recently. Maybe 2 years ago, when the whole thing started, because we were looking like we were going to have the most cap space. Then Miami and Chicago came in the picture as more likely to land him, not to mention Cleveland, who seemed like having the biggest chance before the playoffs. There was a lot of LeBron to NY speculation going on a few days before the Decision, but it turned out to be nothing more than a smoke screen.

NY stoped being favorites when bosh and wade commited to the heat

blastmasta26
08-03-2010, 08:56 PM
NY stoped being favorites when bosh and wade commited to the heat
Before that. Throughout the whole offseason, how many people (besides us Knick fans) actually gave the Knicks a chance at LeBron? Many people didn't even mention the Knicks as a possible destination.

heattiltheend94
08-03-2010, 08:59 PM

Then It would be

vs

They have no money to sign it. :o

ball4reel
08-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Why do us Knick fans always have to defend ourselves? Everyone hates N.Y. and just leave it at that. Lets play the season with the team we have and lets see what happens....

Justintyme
08-03-2010, 09:08 PM

I don't doubt he'll try but he's a scorer and nothing more. Truly nothing more. He doesn't deserve the attention and won't get it.

I still disagree with how lebron handled it though

mikealike305
08-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Before that. Throughout the whole offseason, how many people (besides us Knick fans) actually gave the Knicks a chance at LeBron? Many people didn't even mention the Knicks as a possible destination.

sorry dude but thats wrong.... it was cavs, NY, bulls THEN mia
when wade and lebron commited it was mia, cavs bulls NY

SluggeR
08-03-2010, 09:18 PM
I don't doubt he'll try but he's a scorer and nothing more. Truly nothing more. He doesn't deserve the attention and won't get it.

I agee. Melo is good, but he needs to become more well rounded and affect the game by more than just scoring. He's good don't get me wrong, but I've always considered him a more athletic and more popular Glen "Big Dog" Robinson.

knicks09
08-03-2010, 09:19 PM
This is completely different than the LeBron James situation because unlike LeBron, Carmelo actually said he would love to play in NY with Amare and Tony Parker. Plus he had his wedding in NY when he said that so there's more of a chance of him coming to NY than LeBron

kozelkid
08-03-2010, 09:20 PM

That would be best case scenario for Bulls. Nene (when healthy), is a bargain at his current contract so getting him as well would be pretty damn impressive. And it's certainly debatable between him and Noah.

Khalifa21
08-03-2010, 09:21 PM

Exactly... The Knicks were never favorites to land LeBron.

The Cavs were always ahead of them and unless you were living under a rock for the past two months, pretty much everyone had the Bulls as the favorites to land LeBron before reports came out that he had chosen the Heat. The Knicks were never regarded as his number 1 option.

kozelkid
08-03-2010, 09:22 PM

The name of the game is to score the ball. You act like it's a bad thing or not impressive. Bottom line, he's one of the most prolific scorers in the league. He's top 5 in that department (hell you can make the case that he's top 3). That alone makes him a top 10 player, then add the fact that he's also a pretty damn good rebounder for his position, and he still is one of the most valuable players in this league.

Mr Moody
08-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Not this off season, but in the years leading up to it, all everyone was saying was how Lebron was going to NY in 2010. Then when it became clear that he wanted to play for a contender, he started weighing his options. IMO knick fans are setting them selves up for another disappointment if they think Melo to the knicks is in the bag.

jackdawson
08-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Knicks make the most sense for him. I personally want to see him in NY along with CP3 and STAT. Heat-Knicks renewed rivalry baby!

bkmikeyy
08-03-2010, 09:29 PM

how did the Bulls become favorites over NY after Wade and Bosh signed. Bulls were already ahead of NY according to most writers. Truth is Lebron and the NY media would have been a nightmare and he knew that. I think Melo would be a better fit in NY.

blastmasta26
08-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Knicks make the most sense for him. I personally want to see him in NY along with CP3 and STAT. Heat-Knicks renewed rivalry baby!
That would be fun. Would make my jersey choice pretty tough tho lol

bkmikeyy
08-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Not this off season, but in the years leading up to it, all everyone was saying was how Lebron was going to NY in 2010. Then when it became clear that he wanted to play for a contender, he started weighing his options. IMO knick fans are setting them selves up for another disappointment if they think Melo to the knicks is in the bag.

A lot of things didn;t work NYs way... the draft pick was a flop, all the contract year players underperformed and a bunch of teams cleared space. No one expected the Bulls to have that space, and noone could have foreseen miami being able to sign 3 players when the knicks were the favorites. I think if miami was unable to lure all 3 FAs there is a very good chance he would have went to NY. I also believe the NY media and all the drama Lebron and his crew bring (mom, crew) helped scare Lebron off NY.

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Welcome, welcome, to Orlando, where the music jams slow.

blastmasta26
08-03-2010, 09:35 PM

Bulls had more of a chance than NY the whole offseason. And no one figured Miami, because that was before they had room for 3 guys and people assumed Wade would be best with a big man like Bosh or STAT.

Besides, that's not even the main point. I'm saying the Knicks were never the favorites the whole offseason and got very little recognition as an option. Which is true. Bulls and Cavs got much more attention. Maybe the Heat didn't initially, but that's irrelevant because the Knicks didn't either.

Knickerbocker34
08-03-2010, 09:45 PM
I say he goes to either Nets...Knicks.... OR Wizards.... and given that it would only make sense to go to the team that wins the most games out of those three.... I think the Knicks win more than both of those teams next year although the Nets will be much better... plus now to win a championship you need a great threesome and CP3 said he wants to go to the Knicks also... JUST SAYIN Knicks probly have the best shot as of now but who knows what will happen between now and next June

NYKalltheway
08-03-2010, 10:09 PM
hes goin to the nets because hes a brooklyn native! lol hopefully but i highly doubt this unfortunately...

Brooklyn had only one team when Melo was around, and that's the Knicks (meaning that the whole of NY=Knicks)

Amare & Melo. I like the sound of that. Add a classy PG and a defensive presence in the paint and perhaps a shooter in Gallinari :clap:

jules77
08-03-2010, 10:10 PM
he is going to the miami heat for the mle and paul will join in 2012 also for the mle

can you imagine that? David Stern would have a heart attack!! lol

oak2455
08-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Knicks fans are gonna be so pumped up, then he is gonna end up in like Washington or Charolatte or something.

spell check Charlotte:D

jules77
08-03-2010, 10:17 PM
A lot of things didn;t work NYs way... the draft pick was a flop, all the contract year players underperformed and a bunch of teams cleared space. No one expected the Bulls to have that space, and noone could have foreseen miami being able to sign 3 players when the knicks were the favorites. I think if miami was unable to lure all 3 FAs there is a very good chance he would have went to NY. I also believe the NY media and all the drama Lebron and his crew bring (mom, crew) helped scare Lebron off NY.

Very good assessment of the situation

NoLayupRule1451
08-03-2010, 10:21 PM
AlexKennedyNBA: Sources close to the situation don't expect Carmelo Anthony to sign an extension with the Denver Nuggets this summer.

AlexKennedyNBA: Anthony is leaning towards testing free agency next offseason, said sources on the same day that the Nuggets let go of Warkentien, Chapman.

If Melo comes to NY great....if not..great....I can't go through with the same ride Lebron put us through. Now, Lebron will never be accepted in the Garden as an opponent as he has been prior to this year.

Melo has lived in NY....he knows not to go through all the hoopla.

Go Knicks in 2010-2011.:cool:

mets77
08-03-2010, 10:24 PM
melo to ny

juggla53
08-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Oh, maybe.

gotta dissagree with you there, IMO melo is a guy you can build a championship caliber team around, id put him closer to lebron then bosh. Melo may not be quite as important to denver as lebron was to cleveland but hes pretty damn close, denver was awful before he arrived and if he left their team would plummet to the bottom of the west. Billups is on the decline and k-mart hasnt been the same player from his early days in NJ and i cant see a playoff team being built around JR smith. if he doesnt sign an extension then denver will have to try to make a move in order to convince him to stay which could be difficult due to their lack of young talent because i dont see this team as its currently structured being able to beat LA.

BrotherRedz
08-03-2010, 10:41 PM
I hope Melo go to the Nets but CP3 goes to NY

Still fun for them

Hellcrooner
08-03-2010, 10:43 PM
ok espn 9 pm i guess, next summer.

Hope denver is not as stupid as cleveland and toronto and understdns if the dude AHS NOT SIGNED an extention it means he WONT sign and extension next year and actually trade shim at deadline.

rainbowcow1
08-03-2010, 10:51 PM
yes welcome to the raptors lol :)

Draco
08-03-2010, 10:53 PM
why am I reading trade proposals haha. Why would any GM trade young talent or picks for a player who has made it clear in his actions that he is testing FA?
This summer paved the way for stars leaving, and little teams getting trade exceptions that will end up doing nothing in most cases.

If Melo knows where he wants to go and that team has the assets to make a deal, then why not?

Go_NUGGETS
08-03-2010, 10:55 PM
This is completely different than the LeBron James situation because unlike LeBron, Carmelo actually said he would love to play in NY with Amare and Tony Parker. Plus he had his wedding in NY when he said that so there's more of a chance of him coming to NY than LeBron

All of you Knicks fans...Please expose where "MELO ACTUALLY SAID HE WOULD LOVE TO PLAY IN NY WITH AMARE AND TONY PARKER"???

None of you Knicks fans can provide evidence of it, because yall so deluded.

And who the hell is the guy who spoke this??? How credible is he??? Until I hear from the Nuggets analysts, this is all desperation and delusion.

THE MTL
08-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Carmelo might possibly become my favorite NBA player (I thought I would never say that). Hopefully CP3 (my current fav player), comes along too.

scutch11
08-03-2010, 11:04 PM
i just read through this, and there are almost as many non knick fans saying melo to ny than actual knick fans.

im not getting my hopes up after this summer, but if he does test free agency i think the knicks would be ONE OF his top destinations...idk this is too early to talk about this

vinsanity15jp
08-03-2010, 11:06 PM
all knicks fans are so blinded by the fact that they got amare and that solves everything last time i checked he ran the pick roll with a top 4 point guard in the league which made him a lot better and his knees are worse then a ninety year old mans and yes the nets did win twelve games last year with a gm as a coach and with yi on our team and with injuries devastating our team throughout the season. There were points during the season that players said they didnt watch film or practice different things to get better because kiki didnt feel it was worth it he was a joke. And the knicks not really having draft picks doesnt help because they cant exactly improve unless melo comes and why wouldnt he choose the better team across the river.

THE MTL
08-03-2010, 11:07 PM
i just read through this, and there are almost as many non knick fans saying melo to ny than actual knick fans.

im not getting my hopes up after this summer, but if he does test free agency i think the knicks would be ONE OF his top destinations...idk this is too early to talk about this

I've noticed that too. I always look for what non-KNick fans say when Knick-related threads r on the gen forum.

bkmikeyy
08-03-2010, 11:09 PM
all knicks fans are so blinded by the fact that they got amare and that solves everything last time i checked he ran the pick roll with a top 4 point guard in the league which made him a lot better and his knees are worse then a ninety year old mans and yes the nets did win twelve games last year with a gm as a coach and with yi on our team and with injuries devastating our team throughout the season. There were points during the season that players said they didnt watch film or practice different things to get better because kiki didnt feel it was worth it he was a joke. And the knicks not really having draft picks doesnt help because they cant exactly improve unless melo comes and why wouldnt he choose the better team across the river.

Shut up already no one cares about the Nets stop bringing them up. No one cares what you think of Amares knees, or your excuses for having one of the worst teams the NBA has ever seen. Nets fans are out of their mind with this better team nonsense, enjoy travis outlaw.

Afridi786
08-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Yeah, if he does hit FA, I'd be surprised if he didn't end up in New York.

8allin
08-03-2010, 11:48 PM
He'll end up doing what Lebron did with the whole big free agency saga and will probably leave Denver for NY.

vinsanity15jp
08-04-2010, 12:01 AM
he is going to the nets and then you can all suck on my junk

papisupremo
08-04-2010, 12:18 AM
he's goin to ny one way or the other, and u know why? cuz lala wants to be on the next season of basketball wives :cool:

scutch11
08-04-2010, 12:22 AM
he is going to the nets and then you can all suck on my junk

nice logic and class... but then again i wouldnt expect more from a net fan

coachkck
08-04-2010, 12:23 AM
Nahh we would still be crushed.. and Alex Kennedy isn't even the Hoopshype nuggets connect - Travis Heath was

We still have two reports from The Denver Post and Fanhouse (From former Rocky Mountain News beat writer) that a source close to him said he is going to sign the extension.. so things are still up in the air

SouthSideRookie
08-04-2010, 12:31 AM
Why would Melo go with the Knicks, you would figure he wants a realistic chance to win a ring.

caddiemaster
08-04-2010, 12:35 AM
I'd like to see him in a warriors uniform!He can come to cali,smoke his brains out and join a great young team!

bkmikeyy
08-04-2010, 12:35 AM
Why would Melo go with the Knicks, you would figure he wants a realistic chance to win a ring.

Just because the name is NEW YORK KNICKS, doesn't mean they will never get good. There is a very good chance they will be a playoff team this year and it can easily be argued that they have a better supporting cast than Denver (considering Billups doesn't have many years left). This years Knick team with Melo is a top 2-3 team in the east.

SouthSideRookie
08-04-2010, 12:38 AM
Just because the name is NEW YORK KNICKS, doesn't mean they will never get good. There is a very good chance they will be a playoff team this year and it can easily be argued that they have a better supporting cast than Denver (considering Billups doesn't have many years left). This years Knick team with Melo is a top 2-3 team in the east.

Are you serious???????????????

bkmikeyy
08-04-2010, 12:44 AM
Are you serious???????????????

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really don't even see a need to explain any of that, because it all makes sense.

Felton/Douglas
Chandler/Azibukee/Walker
Melo/Gallo
Amare/Randolph
Turiaf/Amare/Mozgov

That team wins at least 55 games.

vinsanity15jp
08-04-2010, 12:52 AM
if melo wants to win he should stay in denver because the knicks blow and they are worse than new jersey and when the nets win more games this year i am going to laugh at everyone have fun with the most overrated and overpayed player in the nba

Slimsim
08-04-2010, 12:53 AM

I agree. Why Do people act like Knicks will be bad forever and yet after nets only won 12 games last year majority think they are a playoff team after adding outlaw and morrow ? And here i thought PSD had top notch Knowledgeable Basketball fans.

coachkck
08-04-2010, 12:54 AM
People act like its for sure..

Alex Kennedy isn't even the Nuggets hoopshype writer.. I would love to see his source while Travis Heath was the Nuggets hoopshype writer that actually had connections to the players and Org.

We still have two reports from high quality sources Denver Post and Fanhouse (from former Rocky Mountain News writer) that said sources close to him expect him to sign the extension.. He would be leaving a lot of money on the table especially after the lockout so it's still up in the air it's not certain that he opts out and leave just cause Bron Bron did

Knicks fans just need something to hope for since they can't hope to make the postseason

Slimsim
08-04-2010, 12:55 AM
if melo wants to win he should stay in denver because the knicks blow and they are worse than new jersey and when the nets win more games this year i am going to laugh at everyone have fun with the most overrated and overpayed player in the nba

:confused: I had a hard time understanding this.

SouthSideRookie
08-04-2010, 12:57 AM
yee where would he go then??

Certainly not with the Knicks, not unless they somehow get Chris Paul, but even then they still wouldnt be favored to win it but at least the Knicks would be relevant again.

bkmikeyy
08-04-2010, 12:57 AM
How is Denver a better place to win??
Billups will be 35 YEARS OLD when the 2011 season starts.
I don't even know who their third best player is....J.r Smith?? or Al Harrington?! (lmao)

How is Amare, Gallo, Randolph, Felton, Chandler, Bukee, Douglas, Walker not better than Billpus (35), Harrington, Nene, JR, Martin, Lawson, Anderson, Afflalo?

People really gotta stop looking at the name on the front of the jersey when judging teams, and looking at the names on the back.

vinsanity15jp
08-04-2010, 12:58 AM
morrow was one of the best three point shooters last year and we need a three point shooter because when brook gets triple teamed because he has no shooters and still puts up 19 and 9, morrow should help with the triple teams, and outlaw is one of the best four quater which was our problem closing out games i am not saying those are awesome signs but there team needs and we will compete for the last playoff spot. why is amare such an upgrade over lee, his numbers arent even that much better and amare is coming to play with a far worse point guard, so knicks fans can have fun with his overpayed ***

bkmikeyy
08-04-2010, 12:59 AM
Certainly not with the Knicks, not unless they somehow get Chris Paul, but even then they still wouldnt be favored to win it but at least the Knicks would be relevant again.

Since when do you need 3 top 15 players in the NBA to be RELEVANT?!?! is that like the new thing to do? two and a solid supporting cast is more than enough to be competitive.

And to the Nuggets fan, no one is saying Melo will leave Denver as he probably will stay, however you are wrong about Knicks not being able to make the playoffs this year.

Slimsim
08-04-2010, 01:00 AM

And how do you know this ?

vinsanity15jp
08-04-2010, 01:01 AM
you talk about nets overrating there young talent = thats all knicks fans do gallinari is no where near the guy you jerk him off to be and i dont know if anyone else on your roster that has even close to the talent a the left nut of brook lopez

nuggetsyankees
08-04-2010, 01:03 AM
in NJ's defense, they got Favors as well

bkmikeyy
08-04-2010, 01:03 AM
morrow was one of the best three point shooters last year and we need a three point shooter because when brook gets triple teamed because he has no shooters and still puts up 19 and 9, morrow should help with the triple teams, and outlaw is one of the best four quater which was our problem closing out games i am not saying those are awesome signs but there team needs and we will compete for the last playoff spot. why is amare such an upgrade over lee, his numbers arent even that much better and amare is coming to play with a far worse point guard, so knicks fans can have fun with his overpayed ***

Brook put up 19 and 9 because he had to, the team won 12 games when he did so, clearly not a good idea to have him as the first option. Morrow is a decent signing, not something that puts you over the top ask GS, and Outlaw is just a ridiculous absurd and ******** signing Nets fans are REALLY overrating him. Lee got his numbers stat stuffing on an awful team, was one of the worst defenders at his position in the NBA (the larger more physical Amare, even though not a good defender, is a huge upgrade in the paint on D and offense), Amare is also a leader and a winner and regardless of what people that hate NY say, when healthy is a top 12 player in the NBA. He has also played at least 79 games 3 of the last 4 seasons so there is no reason to say he wont continue to do that.

SouthSideRookie
08-04-2010, 01:05 AM
Im just saying that I would think Melo would want to win a ring, I think the Knicks are ok but not a situation Melo can evaluate and think hes the missing piece to a chamionship squad.

bkmikeyy
brook lopez the big talent that won 12 games yay. Promise you Gallo can average 20 ppg on a pathetic 12 win team also. Last year was basically Gallos rookie year, to say he isn't going to be good is dumb.

bkmikeyy
Im just saying that I would think Melo would want to win a ring, I think the Knicks are ok but not a situation Melo can evaluate and think hes the missing piece to a chamionship squad.

You haven;t named a SINGLE place with cap space for him (that wouldn't have to trade this "championship" talent) that gives him a better chance.

Slimsim
08-04-2010, 01:06 AM
in NJ's defense, they got Favors as well

Yes and we have Landry fields and he performed Better than favors in the summer league.

Slimsim
08-04-2010, 01:09 AM

Why can't he win a ring in NY ? Do you believe that the Knicks would be bad forever ? Teams have stretches where they struggle some longer than others. Let me ask you a question Back in 2007 did you think the Celtics would ever win a championship ?

vinsanity15jp
08-04-2010, 01:10 AM
you guys are ******** and i am done arguing with people that think that the nets dont have a better future than the knicks its not even close so have fun with amare and his bad knees and his overrated self, he played in a system that inflated offense system and with an amazing point guard, and sorry raymond felton isnt even good enough to start over at least 3/4 of the leagues point guards maybe even worse because my opinion is that he is a bench player

coachkck
08-04-2010, 01:12 AM
LOL @ this turning into which last place team is better thread

cle12152433
08-04-2010, 01:15 AM
Theres a nice big throne and a crown waiting in Cleveland for ya:cool:

vinsanity15jp
08-04-2010, 01:15 AM
i love melo hope he stays in denver dont need another miami with the knicks with chris paul plus i hate knicks fans because they jerk off non talent and the overpaying of a overrated player

vinsanity15jp
08-04-2010, 01:16 AM
petro is better than eddy curry lol

vinsanity15jp
08-04-2010, 01:17 AM
its funny how you pick the worse of the signings to help yourself feel better about your bottom dwelling team

Slimsim
08-04-2010, 01:17 AM
you guys are ******** and i am done arguing with people that think that the nets dont have a better future than the knicks its not even close so have fun with amare and his bad knees and his overrated self, he played in a system that inflated offense system and with an amazing point guard, and sorry raymond felton isnt even good enough to start over at least 3/4 of the leagues point guards maybe even worse because my opinion is that he is a bench player

If you was smart you would stfu wait till the nets prove they can win with Brook Lopez as there Number 1 before talking about other teams who you claim is worse than NJ and yet won 17 more games than them. And with less younger talent and a bunch of guys playing for another contract. Have a good day sir.

bkmikeyy
08-04-2010, 01:18 AM
petro is better than eddy curry lol

Eddy Curry is just a place holder for Melo =], Petro is your big summer acquisition.

oOo Rhino oOo
Lmao, here we go again lol. This goes all day

SouthSideRookie
Why can't he win a ring in NY ? Do you believe that the Knicks would be bad forever ? Teams have stretches where they struggle some longer than others. Let me ask you a question Back in 2007 did you think the Celtics would ever win a championship ?

Of course the Knicks wont be bad forever, I just think that he wont have a realistic shot at winning there, not unless the Knicks would also sign Paul. So you're saying that you would be favored over the Heat ?

boriquaabe
08-04-2010, 01:19 AM

Lol so Nash is the amazing one but Amar'e is overrated?

And Ray Felton isn't good enough to start for the Heat,Grizzlies,Wolves,Hawks,Raps,Bobcats,Cavs and the PAcers? That's more than 3/4 of the league. And honestly I would start him before that overrated bum Devin Harris.

bkmikeyy
08-04-2010, 01:20 AM
its funny how you pick the worse of the signings to help yourself feel better about your bottom dwelling team

Farmar and Outlaw were just as bad or pointless. I liked Dooling more than Farmar. Outlaw for 7 million, give me Hayes and CDR for half price. Morrow is a nice bench player, not going to give you the necessary 30 extra wins to make the playoffs.

Slimsim
08-04-2010, 01:20 AM
i love melo hope he stays in denver dont need another miami with the knicks with chris paul plus i hate knicks fans because they jerk off non talent and the overpaying of a overrated player

Can you remind me who NJ sign this summer ? Because I'm sure i haven't Heard about it on ESPN.

bkmikeyy
08-04-2010, 01:22 AM
Of course the Knicks wont be bad forever, I just think that he wont have a realistic shot at winning there, not unless the Knicks would also sign Paul. So you're saying that you would be favored over the Heat ?

no team can possibly put together a more "talented" team than the heat...but yes that is a contender. That would be the best 1-2 behind the Lakers and the Heat with a MUCH better supporting cast ( players 4-12) than the Heat. In fact that would be a close series, with Miami the favorites.

Slimsim
08-04-2010, 01:23 AM

Haven't seen The heats play yet. And if the Knicks by some miracle get paul and Melo then the bench players would be the key factor to who wins in the east.

SouthSideRookie
08-04-2010, 01:25 AM
no team can possibly put together a more "talented" team than the heat...but yes that is a contender. That would be the best 1-2 behind the Lakers and the Heat.

Does Dwight Howard , Derrick Rose plan to retire after this season?

vinsanity15jp
08-04-2010, 01:26 AM
the knicks pick can be switched with the rockets so they cant get a lottery pick

bkmikeyy
08-04-2010, 01:27 AM
Does Dwight Howard , Derrick Rose plan to retire after this season?

I forgot that Howard and Rose play on the same team... sorry.

bkmikeyy
08-04-2010, 01:28 AM
the knicks pick can be switched with the rockets so they cant get a lottery pick

unless the rockets don't make the playoffs.....highly doubt rockets will be a high seed in the West. In fact getting a 7-8 seed is a lot easier in the east, so don't be shocked if rockets don't switch.

SouthSideRookie
08-04-2010, 01:29 AM
I forgot that Howard and Rose play on the same team... sorry.

Ummm, those two players are actually better than anyone on your squad, should I keep mentioning more players?

Slimsim
okay so the hawks have bibby so yes felton sucks, wolves have johnny flynn so yes felton sucks, the grizzlies have oj mayo and conley, so yes felton sucks, the cavs have mo williams so ya felton sucks and didnt the bobcats have felton and didnt resign him so obviously they have someone better and the heat have chalmers and he is clutch so i would take him over felton and the pacers i dont care so suck it

You really know nothing about basketball. Your throwing an internet tantrum by saying dumb things. Congrats this one post made me lose what ever respect I had for NJ fans.

vinsanity15jp
if yao plays the will make the playoffs and even if he doesnt they have a nice team that will sneak in

bkmikeyy
08-04-2010, 01:31 AM
Ummm, those two players are actually better than anyone on your squad, should I keep mentioning more players?

Thats wonderful....
except you are missing the point. IF melo is a knick (hypothetical) the order top 2 players (2 stars and a solid supporting cast, which knicks have btw, are usually what a team needs to compete) on a team goes like this:

Lebron-Wade
Kobe-Gasol
Melo-Amare

Howard/Rose does not work for this scenario since they are on different teams...

SouthSideRookie
08-04-2010, 01:35 AM
Thats wonderful....
except you are missing the point. IF melo is a knick (hypothetical) the order top 2 players on a team goes like this:

Lebron-Wade
Kobe-Gasol
Melo-Amare

Howard/Rose does not work for this scenario since they are on different teams...

I said Dwight and Rose because I think the Bulls and Magic would probably be favored anyway. New York is in for a big dissapointment, im not sure what your expectations are in regards to Amare, but theres a reason why alot of fans think the max Amare got is redicilous.

Slimsim
08-04-2010, 01:36 AM
Thats wonderful....
except you are missing the point. IF melo is a knick (hypothetical) the order top 2 players (2 stars and a solid supporting cast, which knicks have btw, are usually what a team needs to compete) on a team goes like this:

Lebron-Wade
Kobe-Gasol
Melo-Amare

Unless Howard Decide to sign with the bulls in 2012. that would eliminate orlando from the list of top teams.

bkmikeyy
08-04-2010, 01:39 AM
I said Dwight and Rose because I think the Bulls and Magic would probably be favored anyway. New York is in for a big dissapointment, im not sure what your expectations are in regards to Amare, but theres a reason why alot of fans think the max Amare got is redicilous.

so you take Derrick Rose over Melo AND Amare?? Ill take Amare for 20 million over Lee or Boozer for 16, it really doesn;t make that big of a difference when guys like Petro are getting almost 4 mill a year and guys like Outlaw are getting 7.

Slimsim
08-04-2010, 01:41 AM
I said Dwight and Rose because I think the Bulls and Knicks would probably be favored anyway. New York is in for a big dissapointment, im not sure what your expectations are in regards to Amare, but theres a reason why alot of fans think the max Amare got is redicilous.

That's were your wrong. The Knicks had guys like Marbury, Curry, Jeffries, Jerome James malike Rose. So how is the possibility or getting a top 10 talent be disappointing ? The fact that were in the conversation to get a guy like Melo is far from Disappointing. If we don't get Melo Can't miss what you never had. If we do get melo well :D

SouthSideRookie
08-04-2010, 01:47 AM
so you take Derrick Rose over Melo AND Amare?? Ill take Amare for 20 million over Lee or Boozer for 16, it really doesn;t make that big of a difference when guys like Petro are getting almost 4 mill a year and guys like Outlaw are getting 7.

Melo over Rose is a though one, depends on the team and if that team is a contender or not. On Amare, just in last years playoffs he had more than one game where he just grabbed 3 rebounds, hes not a good defender I actually watched in frustration because theres times when this guy obviously just goes through the motions.

bkmikeyy
08-04-2010, 01:51 AM
Melo over Rose is a though one, depends on the team and if that team is a contender or not. On Amare, just in last years playoffs he had more than one game where he just grabbed 3 rebounds, hes not a good defender I actually watched in frustration because theres times when this guy obviously just goes through the motions.

Pau and Bynum were just too much for him. This is the same guy that averaged 26 and 10 the last 3 months of the season. Not saying he is the Knicks savior but he is a very big rebuilding piece and when that other superstar decides to join him Knicks will be a contender. Nash and Amare made the Conference Finals held their own, why cant Melo and Amare do the same?

Slimsim
08-04-2010, 01:54 AM
Pau and Bynum were just too much for him. This is the same guy that averaged 26 and 10 the last 3 months of the season. Not saying he is the Knicks savior but he is a very big rebuilding piece and when that other superstar decides to join him Knicks will be a contender. Nash and Amare made the Conference Finals held their own, why cant Melo and Amare do the same?

It's not the fact that they Can't. It's the fact that Some people don't want it to happen. The guys is a rockets fan he want the Knicks to fail to get high picks.

SouthSideRookie
08-04-2010, 01:57 AM
It's not the fact that they Can't. It's the fact that Some people don't want it to happen. The guys is a rockets fan he want the Knicks to fail to get high picks.

Well for starters, we'll get this years pick if im not mistaken, so what does that have to do with the Knicks getting Melo next year?

bkmikeyy
08-04-2010, 02:00 AM
Well for starters, we'll get this years pick if im not mistaken, so what does that have to do with the Knicks getting Melo next year?

You get a swap option this year and get next year's.

SouthSideRookie
08-04-2010, 02:00 AM
And besides, I dont think we are keeping the two picks from NY, I think the Rockets will probably make a big trade and include those picks.

HornetsSolution
08-04-2010, 02:54 AM
yee where would he go then??

Ummmm Bulls,Jazz,Trail Blazers,Hornets to name a few...

isuk
08-04-2010, 03:10 AM
hes going to the lakers. its obvious

bigmac8675
08-04-2010, 03:17 AM
As long as he isn't a douche like Lebron about the whole FA thing... then more power to him.

esewicked13
08-04-2010, 04:03 AM
Melo stays in denver

esewicked13
08-04-2010, 04:04 AM
Melo is loyal and denver will pull off a big trade at the trade deadline bringing in another star to help!!! Which will then make for a long playoff run which leads to melo stayin in denver...he's not a crybaby like lebron

Mochalman
08-04-2010, 05:04 AM
Nothing wrong with testing the waters and seeing what kind of interest he can get. I say he leaves Denver but not sure where.

DWADE4MVP!!
08-04-2010, 05:08 AM
hes going to new york with paul to compete with Miami's big three

t2a2e9j12
08-04-2010, 05:44 AM
Sources: Melo leaning towards testing free agency next year was the the thread not who is better or who can insult another fans team more SHUT UP unless you have something beside insult to spit out everyone can believe what they want about thier team it thier right talk basketball not crap

Nate David+ Co.
08-04-2010, 06:06 AM
dear nets fans,
what did amar'e do on his way from phx to nyc that suddenly makes him overrated? please tell me. because we match the nets in almost every aspect. gallo=lopez we have randolph chandler and walker you have morrow outlaw etc...we have felton you have harris..only thing your missing is a allstar. we have one. i think amar'e got around 20 PPG ( omg with out nash!!) the year b4 nast came with marbury as his pg. now idk if he's gonna make us amazing but he is dominant..when you get someone like that please hit me back up. i'll be waiting...

Justintyme
08-04-2010, 08:40 AM
The name of the game is to score the ball. You act like it's a bad thing or not impressive. Bottom line, he's one of the most prolific scorers in the league. He's top 5 in that department (hell you can make the case that he's top 3). That alone makes him a top 10 player, then add the fact that he's also a pretty damn good rebounder for his position, and he still is one of the most valuable players in this league.

The dude shoots more than any of the other top scorers. More shots more points usually. If he shot higher tha 45% from inside the arc then that would be a diffrerent story. All those extra misses are possible points his teammates might score. The name of the game is to win not just score. You don't have to score as much if you have a great defense and don't turn the ball over much.

Name me some pure scorers that have won championships

NBAKID7
08-04-2010, 09:06 AM
I think that there is a good chance that he will go to the KNICKS!!!!!!!!!!!We have to wait and see.........................

97NYer
08-04-2010, 09:37 AM
NY/NJ/Washington I would think have the best chance via free agency.

twoearl
08-04-2010, 09:44 AM
hes going to new york with paul to compete with Miami's big three

That is EXACTLY where he is going. CP3 said it at Melo's Wedding, now we are starting to see the moves.

BrotherRedz
08-04-2010, 09:47 AM
LOL

Brooklyn New York Nets , not New York Knicks

You guys need to learn the difference, Brooklyn is his hometown BTW

king4day
08-04-2010, 09:51 AM
dear nets fans,
what did amar'e do on his way from phx to nyc that suddenly makes him overrated? please tell me. because we match the nets in almost every aspect. gallo=lopez we have randolph chandler and walker you have morrow outlaw etc...we have felton you have harris..only thing your missing is a allstar. we have one. i think amar'e got around 20 PPG ( omg with out nash!!) the year b4 nast came with marbury as his pg. now idk if he's gonna make us amazing but he is dominant..when you get someone like that please hit me back up. i'll be waiting...

If you mean Brook Lopez then you're a bit off on this one. Lopez, at this pace, is gonna be an allstar center in the near future. Gallo doesn't play the same position and is a completely different player. But for comparison purposes, Lopez has Gallo right now, by miles.

Giantwarrior
08-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Brooklyn is where he is born. Here in NYC everyone follows the knicks. brooklyn Nets may win some fans over, but they will still be reguarded as the NJ Nets. Melo grew up a Knick fan.

I think he will be in a Knicks uniform. I dont think other teams will trade for him because he will bold for NYC.

Raoul Duke
08-04-2010, 09:52 AM
I don't have time to properly sift through all 14 pages of this thread, but I haven't seen anyone offer a believable scenario where Melo leaves 20+ million dollars a year on the table so that he can risk signing for a lot less.

Rangerchick
08-04-2010, 09:58 AM
I wish DAL could get him but even after all our FA's leave after the season we'll still be right around the cap for '11-'12. We'll still have Terry's $11 mil, Marion's $8 mil, Kidd's $8.5 mil, etc. on the payroll for '11-'12, ugh. If we could miraculously pull off a sign-and-trade somehow, but the only way will probably be to dangle Terry's and Kidd's expirings and DEN is not going to want them. Who the hell would want those two geezers? We're screwed.

goose15
08-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Melo belongs in NY

Giantwarrior
08-04-2010, 10:03 AM
LOL

Brooklyn New York Nets , not New York Knicks

You guys need to learn the difference, Brooklyn is his hometown BTW

To everyone here in NYC and all the 5 boroughs all still look at the NJ Nets as the NY Nets. everyone who grew up here in the last century are Knick fans.

Melo is a free agent next season. and the NJ Nets will still be the NJ Nets next season. the title of Brooklyn doesnt mean anything here.

MagicHero3
08-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Melo will probably stay in the West. I think he'll stay with Denver in fact

Da Knicks
08-04-2010, 10:11 AM
:pray:I think come Feb we will know for sure if he stays or goes...please come to ny.

GMEN4EVER
08-04-2010, 10:21 AM
This one is directed at king4day:
Lopez is a pretty over rated center. I'm sorry, the man can't be that good if his team wins 12 games. He's not overly athletic, he doesn't rebound well for a center, and his blocking ability is slightly above average, nothing more. In 37 min per game he put up 8.6 rebounds per game. Amar'e had more than that and people are bashing his rebounding. Lol. Love the bias there. Oh, and scoring 18.8 points per game isn't that hard when your team has nobody else to take the shots! He shot 50 percent from the field, that's below average for his position.

The only reason he put up good numbers this year was because he had a higher usage rate then he rightfully should have had. He's a quality starting center, nothing more. Stop making him out to be this perenial all star. He'll be lucky to make 2 of them in his career. He's an average center defensively, and an above average to good center offensively. Problem is, with the lack of elite athleticism he's probably very close to being as good as he'll ever be. I don't mind people saying he's a quality center, but don't go crazy saying he's going to be this awesome force for years.

nystandup
08-04-2010, 10:27 AM

It's funny this guy has an inferiority complex. Out of all the teams in the league THE NETS are the only team in which the Knicks can talk trash to....so for you to argue that your 12 win team has a better upside than a team that won more games than you did last year and had a better offseason than you did is just you being a HATER. BTW that billboard put up outside MSG did wonders for your team...:facepalm:

devv83
08-04-2010, 10:38 AM
The dude shoots more than any of the other top scorers. More shots more points usually. If he shot higher tha 45% from inside the arc then that would be a diffrerent story. All those extra misses are possible points his teammates might score. The name of the game is to win not just score. You don't have to score as much if you have a great defense and don't turn the ball over much.

Name me some pure scorers that have won championships

Yeah because Melo didnt shoot over 45% last yr and he didnt have a career high of 49% from the field a cpl yrs ago, and he doesnt grab 7 boards and dish out 3 apg per game. Stop it

bkmikeyy
08-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Ummmm Bulls,Jazz,Trail Blazers,Hornets to name a few...

Can't offer him max, not sure about the Bulls. Bulls if they are under the cap are the only option I can think of that has a better team, I'm not positive they can though.

BrotherRedz
08-04-2010, 10:48 AM
To everyone here in NYC and all the 5 boroughs all still look at the NJ Nets as the NY Nets. everyone who grew up here in the last century are Knick fans.

Melo is a free agent next season. and the NJ Nets will still be the NJ Nets next season. the title of Brooklyn doesnt mean anything here.

I guess you dont care about Melo's hood then, that's disrespect to Melo's hood dawg :speechless:

oak2455
08-04-2010, 11:37 AM
This whole thing will play out one way or another but if hes going to choose between the Knicks and the Nets and he grew up a Knick fan well where do you think hes going:confused: Plus not to be mean but there will be no Knick fans becoming Net fans and if they do they are just fair weather fans.......just like that team that put together the suppose Dream Team:eyebrow: going Forward there is a lot between now and 2011 enjoy the rest of your summer:D

scutch11
08-04-2010, 12:08 PM
i dont think melo would have to leave 20 mil on the table...pretty sure he can work out a sign and trade similar to the way that lebron bosh and amar'e did, where the nuggets get a huge trade exception and maybe some picks

HornetsSolution
08-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Can't offer him max, not sure about the Bulls. Bulls if they are under the cap are the only option I can think of that has a better team, I'm not positive they can though.

Bulls- can do a sign and trade
Jazz- has 17.8 mil coming off the books with Andrei Kirilenko, CJ Miles (3.7mil)
Blazers- have Joel Przybilla(7.4mil),Andre Miller (ETO,7.8mil), Rudy Fernandez(ETO, 2.1mil), Nicolas Batum (ETO, 2.1mil)
Hornets- Peja Stojakovic (14.2mil), Darius Songaila (4.8mil), Julian Wright (RFA 2.8mil will most likely declined it) and David West (EPO, 8.2mil will make less money next year)

All teams can dish out a max contract. It will be battle if he becomes a free agent. Don't think its a guarnteed that New Yorks gets him just because he's from New York. With the new CBA, I don't think he a be able to get 20 +mil a year.

JerseysFinest
08-04-2010, 12:27 PM
This one is directed at king4day:
Lopez is a pretty over rated center. I'm sorry, the man can't be that good if his team wins 12 games. He's not overly athletic, he doesn't rebound well for a center, and his blocking ability is slightly above average, nothing more. In 37 min per game he put up 8.6 rebounds per game. Amar'e had more than that and people are bashing his rebounding. Lol. Love the bias there. Oh, and scoring 18.8 points per game isn't that hard when your team has nobody else to take the shots! He shot 50 percent from the field, that's below average for his position.

The only reason he put up good numbers this year was because he had a higher usage rate then he rightfully should have had. He's a quality starting center, nothing more. Stop making him out to be this perenial all star. He'll be lucky to make 2 of them in his career. He's an average center defensively, and an above average to good center offensively. Problem is, with the lack of elite athleticism he's probably very close to being as good as he'll ever be. I don't mind people saying he's a quality center, but don't go crazy saying he's going to be this awesome force for years.

i'm not trying 2 start anything here, but you can't really compare amare and lopez. lopez is a center who plays more traditional, and amare is an athletic pf. he's pretty young too, and he still is improving. and you don't need to be overly athletic to be dominant at that position. it def helps lol, but the best example is Tim Duncan. He will be amongst the top centers in the nBA one day, but no one is denying that Amar'e is better.....for now

GMEN4EVER
08-04-2010, 12:38 PM
i'm not trying 2 start anything here, but you can't really compare amare and lopez. lopez is a center who plays more traditional, and amare is an athletic pf. he's pretty young too, and he still is improving. and you don't need to be overly athletic to be dominant at that position. it def helps lol, but the best example is Tim Duncan. He will be amongst the top centers in the nBA one day, but no one is denying that Amar'e is better.....for now

You think I was trying to compare Lopez to Amar'e? I was just using Amar'e as an example of how Lopez isn't a good rebounder. People bash Amar'e for not rebounding a lot but he still put up better numbers in the rebounds department than Lopez did. All I was saying there is that Lopez is very over rated, no comparison to Amar'e at all, they're completely different players.

BkOriginalOne
08-04-2010, 12:47 PM
I could see him NY.
But don't count out The Bulls who should have some cap space and could move Deng.

This would be better than Cp3, Melo and AMare IMO

Rose
Rudy/Brewer
Melo
Boozer
Noah

bkmikeyy
08-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Bulls- can do a sign and trade
Jazz- has 17.8 mil coming off the books with Andrei Kirilenko, CJ Miles (3.7mil)
Blazers- have Joel Przybilla(7.4mil),Andre Miller (ETO,7.8mil), Rudy Fernandez(ETO, 2.1mil), Nicolas Batum (ETO, 2.1mil)
Hornets- Peja Stojakovic (14.2mil), Darius Songaila (4.8mil), Julian Wright (RFA 2.8mil will most likely declined it) and David West (EPO, 8.2mil will make less money next year)

All teams can dish out a max contract. It will be battle if he becomes a free agent. Don't think its a guarnteed that New Yorks gets him just because he's from New York. With the new CBA, I don't think he a be able to get 20 +mil a year.

sign and trade clearly kills the argument that they have more talent than the Knicks. Knicks can sign him and keep most of their roster.

bkmikeyy
08-04-2010, 12:56 PM

Tim Duncan also averaged 21 and 12 his rookie year and carried a team that won 20 games (i know robinson didnt play but still) before he got there to a title his sophomore year, can't compare lopez and duncan.

HornetsSolution
08-04-2010, 01:06 PM
sign and trade clearly kills the argument that they have more talent than the Knicks. Knicks can sign him and keep most of their roster.

So can the Hornets,Jazz and Blazers. The only team that would have to do a sign and trade is the Bulls if he wanted to go their. The rest of the teams I name and players I name or in contract year. They have a better roster than what the Knicks have.

Perl567
08-04-2010, 01:13 PM
This is not a credible source. Even if he did say this, Denver will have a new FO and will make some moves to improve the team. Melo is a star. Kroenke is a huge b-ball fan and axed his FO once he heard this 'rumor'.

Denver will have a plan and bring in the pieces to make a championship team, or trade him to a team that gives us quality players back, or a ton of high draft picks (this is NOT going to be the Knicks- it just won't happen).

Here's some headlines for you... I can source them if you want.

Magic Johnson believes LeBron will be a Knick

RYAN FELDMAN: LeBron will be a Knick

Jared Dudley, Chad Ochocinco Announce LeBron James to Sign With Knicks

New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman predicts LeBron James will be a Knick.

Stock Market Bets LeBron Will Be A Knick

Don't believe propaganda- it's how the masses get duped into stupid things.

bkmikeyy
08-04-2010, 01:14 PM
So can the Hornets,Jazz and Blazers. The only team that would have to do a sign and trade is the Bulls if he wanted to go their. The rest of the teams I name and players I name or in contract year. They have a better roster than what the Knicks have.

If West does not opt out... which he probably wont, Hornets have around 9 million to spend if I'm not mistaking. If they trade West or West just leaves, I'm not sure you can call the Hornets a much better option than the Knicks either. Jazz have Deron, Al, Okur and Milsap signed for around 47 million so they don't have cap either. If portland keeps Oden they have 50+ tied up for Oden, Roy, Camby, Mathews and Aldridge...

You can't just count up the expirings and think thats what your team can offer, many teams are already over the cap to begin with.

bkmikeyy
08-04-2010, 01:28 PM
I forgot to mention that Marcus Thornton will be up for a payday too, unless you guys want to let him go, he will probably cost 4-5 million. So to have space for a max, West would have to be traded and Marcus be let go. So in this case you are also significantly slimming the talent level and not making the Hornets that good of a place to win.

HornetsSolution
08-04-2010, 01:42 PM
If West does not opt out... which he probably wont, Hornets have around 9 million to spend if I'm not mistaking. If they trade West or West just leaves, I'm not sure you can call the Hornets a much better option than the Knicks either. Jazz have Deron, Al, Okur and Milsap signed for around 47 million so they don't have cap either. If portland keeps Oden they have 50+ tied up for Oden, Roy, Camby, Mathews and Aldridge...

You can't just count up the expirings and think thats what your team can offer, many teams are already over the cap to begin with.

What? The Hornets will have about 22mil in cap space with or without D West opt out and about 50mil if they keep the hard cap. If you don't think Hornets roster is better than Knicks than something is really wrong. Maybe you rite about the other teams but like I said before, if they keep the hard cap than they wouldn't have to give up much because they will have space.

bkmikeyy
08-04-2010, 01:57 PM
What? The Hornets will have about 22mil in cap space with or without D West opt out and about 50mil if they keep the hard cap. If you don't think Hornets roster is better than Knicks than something is really wrong. Maybe you rite about the other teams but like I said before, if they keep the hard cap than they wouldn't have to give up much because they will have space.

Hornets roster as is is better. please explain to me how they have 22 million though and STILL have a better roster than the Knicks when they do....
If the cap is 57 million
Pail - 16.4
Okafor - 12.6
West- 7.5
Posey - 7
Brackins, Pondexter, Gray - 4
Collison I think can be resigned after Melo because he is restricted.
Thornton - assume he gets 4 you guys wont let him walk
1st round pick + cap hold -3

thats about 53-54 million....
I highly doubt you will be able to trade Posey for an expiring this year, so West (trading him for an expiring wont be that easy) and thornton would have to be let go and you guys would still be a little short of the max. Add the fact that Paul doesn't HAVE to stick around the year after Melo is a free agent and can possibly join forces with him elsewhere, the Hornets are far from an ideal place for Melo.

KNIXX46
08-04-2010, 03:08 PM
ny better roll out the red carpet for this fool...

HornetsSolution
08-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Hornets roster as is is better. please explain to me how they have 22 million though and STILL have a better roster than the Knicks when they do....
If the cap is 57 million
Pail - 16.4
Okafor - 12.6
West- 7.5
Posey - 7
Brackins, Pondexter, Gray - 4
Collison I think can be resigned after Melo because he is restricted.
Thornton - assume he gets 4 you guys wont let him walk
1st round pick + cap hold -3

thats about 53-54 million....
I highly doubt you will be able to trade Posey for an expiring this year, so West (trading him for an expiring wont be that easy) and thornton would have to be let go and you guys would still be a little short of the max. Add the fact that Paul doesn't HAVE to stick around the year after Melo is a free agent and can possibly join forces with him elsewhere, the Hornets are far from an ideal place for Melo.

Yeah you is rite about the cap and I'm wrong. But don't think the hornets can't do a sign and trade type deal and don't think the hornets don't have a shot in this. Most of the players but Amare have sign for 14.5 or just about. Plus they have some teams that mite be willing to take Posey or Okafor for a young and up in comers. You really don't don't what Melo is looking for.

bkmikeyy
08-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Yeah you is rite about the cap and I'm wrong. But don't think the hornets can't do a sign and trade type deal and don't think the hornets don't have a shot in this. Most of the players but Amare have sign for 14.5 or just about. Plus they have some teams that mite be willing to take Posey or Okafor for a young and up in comers. You really don't don't what Melo is looking for.

Melo is getting max, only reason Lebron, Wade and Bosh didn't is because they wanted to play together and take paycuts. I'm, not discounting any team from having a shot at Melo, just saying the Knick roster is solid for him because they don't really have to give up any of their core to get him, while most teams would.

youknowwho1975
08-04-2010, 05:12 PM
What do you think is going to happen? I firmly believe that if Carmelo Anthony does not sign his 3 year extension with the Denver Nuggets he will definitely be a New York Knickerbocker in 2011!

"Anthony is leaning towards testing free agency next offseason, said sources

on the same day that the Nuggets let go of Warkentien, Chapman."

23 hours ago via web.

Alex Kennedy

Go_NUGGETS
08-04-2010, 05:14 PM
He'll stay in Denver.

beasted86
08-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Old topic
:horse:

blazerman
08-04-2010, 05:57 PM

The Blazers should get a deal done for Paul by the deadline then go after Melo in a sign and trade next summer, not to crazy sounding but it could be possible.

How about a Paul, Roy, Melo wing with Oden in the Paint. Im sure Aldridge,Bayless,Batum,Miller, Pryzbilla and a few others would be gone along with picks but crazier things have happened, take Miami for instance.

HornetsSolution
08-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Melo is getting max, only reason Lebron, Wade and Bosh didn't is because they wanted to play together and take paycuts. I'm, not discounting any team from having a shot at Melo, just saying the Knick roster is solid for him because they don't really have to give up any of their core to get him, while most teams would.

Also Boozer took 14.5. We really don't know how much the max would be at this point. With the new CBA it could be 14.5 or cheaper. Of course he is going to get a max deal but how much we really don't know. And you can see that its not just about money. Its about winning which is why alot of teams can get Melo if he doesn't sign.

Brooklyn Mets
08-05-2010, 12:18 PM
#MeloToNY

Justintyme
08-05-2010, 03:29 PM
He's going to NYC for sure to team up CP3 & Amare. They'll be good but nothing like what has been created down in south beach.

mikealike305
08-05-2010, 04:00 PM
if i were melo i would go to the knicks in a NY min lol

Tony_Starks
08-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Don't be fooled by bogus "inside sources." Melo has been secluded on Honeymoon status this whole time so wherever this so-called inside info is coming from aint him!

If he has an agent with at least half of brain, and I understand that he does, he will sign the extension before the NBA passes the new CBA which will limit how much $$ max players can get going forward. But whats the rush, he's got all year to do it? You guys act like if he doesn't sign today that the sky is falling.

.....in the meantime Im sure he's quite content to watch his honey get a tan from the island sun as thirsty teams fantasize about a pipedream that will never be fulfilled!

Go_NUGGETS
08-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Don't be fooled by bogus "inside sources." Melo has been secluded on Honeymoon status this whole time so wherever this so-called inside info is coming from aint him!

If he has an agent with at least half of brain, and I understand that he does, he will sign the extension before the NBA passes the new CBA which will limit how much $$ max players can get going forward. But whats the rush, he's got all year to do it? You guys act like if he doesn't sign today that the sky is falling.

.....in the meantime Im sure he's quite content to watch his honey get a tan from the island sun as thirsty teams fantasize about a pipedream that will never be fulfilled!

CostanzaNumba0
08-05-2010, 04:14 PM
cue the knicks rumors...im sick of everyone using my hometown team as a bargaining chip, what does the wizards cap look like for next year?

xbrackattackx
08-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Lakers need him we are the oldest team ;)

khalil72
08-05-2010, 04:24 PM
He's heading to the Knicks. I can see the Knick-Heat rivarly heating up again.

The Raven
08-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Thats a shame for the Nuggets if he in fact does leave

PlezPlayDKnicks
08-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Old topic
:horse:

Let's talk about the Heat!!!! Or lebron , or each player the heat signs 4 their bench...

Jus jokes lol!!!!!!!

Mudvayne91
08-05-2010, 05:45 PM
oh well, hopefully the league goes into a lockout. the way it is ran is a joke. multiple rumors of refs rigging the game, players trying to get away with murder in fa/demanding trades and if you're not a huge market team, the likelihood of you winning is very small. something needs to change.