PDA

View Full Version : Official Kovalchuk Arbitration Hearing Thread

Confusious
08-03-2010, 04:02 PM
All news in here.

It's starting tomorrow - Wednesday - in Boston. Kovalchuk has delayed his trip to Russia because he will be attending, even though he doesn't have to.

A ruling is likely expected Friday or Saturday.

NJDEVS24
08-04-2010, 11:17 AM
All news in here.

It's starting tomorrow - Wednesday - in Boston. Kovalchuk has delayed his trip to Russia because he will be attending, even though he doesn't have to.

A ruling is likely expected Friday or Saturday.

The NHL has absolutely no ground to stand on here...

deke173
08-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Kovy will be a Devil, but ruling could come as late as Monday because the arbitrator has two business days. He would have Friday and Monday. Hopefully he decides on Friday, the suspense is killing me. Lou also has to then start moving contracts to make space for Kovy and Zach. Interested to see who goes. My guess is Rolston(waives NTC), Zubrus, and/or Salvador. I could care less if Langenbrunner stays or goes.

Lostnearhell
08-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Yeah idk, I've heard the CBA broken down in every possible way, its impossible to know what will happen but I am confident he will be a Devil one way or the other. It's good he is staying there instead of training. I find it really funny ESPN still says he could go to the KHL, they really suck at hockey (ESPN)

deke173
08-04-2010, 01:26 PM
ESPN does suck for not carrying hockey or reporting much on it. I think all hockey fans should boycott ESPN for showing NASCAR, Golf, Poker and Tennis over Hockey!

deke173
08-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Eklund is as dumb as they come. He believes the NHL is going to pull out of the hearing and let the Devils contract stand. He also believes that if they do go through with it and the contract is void, that Kovy will sign with the Kings. What a useless waste of space, but then again, what do you expect from a Flyers Fan?

Lostnearhell
08-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Funny Eklun rumors since the trade deadline

Prior to Kovy signing:
"Gaborik to Kings for Dougherty (sp) and others, Kovalchuk to Rangers, a real positibility"
"LA Kings 98% of signing Kovy tomorrow morning"
"After a night of talks...Kovalchuk to KINGS (e4)"
"Kaberle to San Jose (e4)"
After rejection
"Ilya Kovalchuk is a complete and utter UFA once more. That's right. He could sign with any other team right now."

I can't stand that guy. Go read the Ranger forum on here sometimes they here something from him and think its 100% legit and going to happen. It's quite funny.

Confusious
08-05-2010, 03:41 PM
The grievance hearing in Boston to decide the fate of Ilya Kovalchuk’s rejected contract with the Devils has ended.

System arbitrator Richard Bloch has until the end of business on Monday to submit his decision to the NHL and the NHL Players’ Association. I’m told Bloch’s ruling likely won’t come before Monday, though.

If Bloch decides that the NHL was wrong in rejecting Kovalchuk’s 17-year, $102 million contract, then the league must immediately approve and register the deal, which would make Kovalchuk a Devil until he is 44.

If Bloch rules in favor of the the NHL and that the contract was a circumvention of the salary cap and the collective bargaining agreement, then Kovalchuk will become an unrestricted free agent again. The Devils could be also subject to a fine of up to $5 million and other penalties. Kovalchuk also could be fined.

NJDEVS24
08-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Funny Eklun rumors since the trade deadline

Prior to Kovy signing:
"Gaborik to Kings for Dougherty (sp) and others, Kovalchuk to Rangers, a real positibility"
"LA Kings 98% of signing Kovy tomorrow morning"
"After a night of talks...Kovalchuk to KINGS (e4)"
"Kaberle to San Jose (e4)"
After rejection
"Ilya Kovalchuk is a complete and utter UFA once more. That's right. He could sign with any other team right now."

I can't stand that guy. Go read the Ranger forum on here sometimes they here something from him and think its 100% legit and going to happen. It's quite funny.

This guy is so irrelevant I can't even stand him. Kovalchuk's contract got rejected and two seconds later he says kings, rangers in on kovalchuk. lmao how does he have his own site?

NJDEVS24
08-05-2010, 11:34 PM
This is what I posted in the Rangers forum on this situation in reaction to some of the things they said.

Originally Posted by nyr1980
What I don't understand is how people don't see a difference between Kovy's contract and the other large contract signed recently, namely guys like Hossa, Pronger, and Luongo. Kovy's contract is 5 years longer, puts him playing at 44, and is worth over $100 million dollars. That's what makes it different- The obscene length, the obscene amount of total money, and the fact that he's playing at 44 if you believe his contract. You can make a case for a guy playing until 41 or 42- especially a guy like Pronger. And to tell you the truth, even though I dont think this will happen, an argument can be made that guys like Luongo, Hossa, Zetterberg etc. will play until they are 41 or 42- only great players typically play until they are that age, but guess what- these guys are great players. If you look back, plenty of guys have played until 41 or 42, but almost no one has played until 44. Messier played forever, and they had to tear the uniform off of him and he was 43 when he played his last game(Though the official announcement did not come until after his 44th birthday)

I think the arbitrator will rule in Kovalchuk/Devils favor as I don't know that they actually broke any rule. However, the differences between this contract and the others are there. The fact that it puts him at playing to a ridiculous age- and yes an extra 2 or 3 years into his 40's is RIDICULOUS in expectation and there is that much money spread over SO MANY years, it's clear that a contract of that size and lenght is 2 things:
1) Totally an unrealistic covenant that the player cant possibly have any real shot at honoring
2) A clear attempt by all parties to circumvent the rules regarding the cap in the CBA through stretching the contract to a ridiculous amount of time so as to front-load a deal that no one really expects the player to be collecting on in the back end.
The deal is not different from those others in principle- just in terms of money and term of contract. Correct me if im wrong, but in a sports contract, arent those the two most important factors? Food for thought.

So, you can make a case for a guy playing until he is 42 but not 44? That is quite a fine line to draw. Whether someone is 42 or 44 in the NHL in the last year of their deal, it makes no difference. The NHL has absolutely no ground to stand on there.

Second, Ilya Kovalchuk IS a great player, arguably top 3-5 in the game today. Last time I checked Marian Hossa, nor anyone else on your list had have 6 40 + goal seasons, Hossa had 3. Kovy has scored 40 + goals in each of the last five seasons.

It is widely known that it is common for NHL players to play into their forties, and yes GREAT players like kovalchuk, more so than the NBA, MLB, etc.

There is nothing in the CBA that says you cannot pay a player $100 million dollars, make him 44 in the last year of a deal, and make it 17 years. It is just ridiculous to say that kovalchuk cannot possibly play until he is 44 when you are saying that at 42 Hossa, Luongo, Pronger, etc. is definitely acceptable.

If anything, Pronger's deal was the most unnacceptable, he is a banger, a tough, rugged defensemen, he will surely not be the same player at 42, not even close, he's lucky if he doesn't get a buyout, he has more of a chance of sitting next to the GM upstairs learning that position.

If the argument was that Hossa, and all these players got deals until their late 30's and Kovlachuk's deal was until age 44, I could see that point, but they did not, they received deals until age 42, you cannot definitively say that someone can play until he is 42, but absolutely not 44.

"The fact that it puts him at playing to a ridiculous age- and yes an extra 2 or 3 years into his 40's is RIDICULOUS in expectation"- YOU

^Then why is Hossa, Luongo, and Prongers deal acceptable? All 42 in the last year of their deals. All of these deals are also deliberately front-loaded. Therefore, there is virtually no difference between any of the deals in relation to Kovys, as they all have the same concept.

Even with the stretched out deal, Kovalchuk's contract still creates a $6 million dollar per year cap hit, more than Pronger $5 million, Luongo $5.3 million, Hossa $5.2 million, and Savard $5 million.

This deal is really just Lou being Lou-crafty. That is why he is one of the best GM's in the game. He does not back down from anyone, even the NHL. He figured since the NHL does not do its job, he was going to do what everyone else has been doing, without breaking any rules of any kind.

If the NHL was serious about doing its job we would not be having this discussion. They had many chances to put a stop to this but they sat back and did nothing. They should have stepped up and denied the Hossa deal, denied the Pronger deal,denied the Luongo deal, and denied the Savard deal, but they didn't. Now all of a sudden they have a problem, well it's too little too late for them. Lou took advantage of the lack of functioning that goes on in the NHL just like many other GM's, but this time he embaressed them, and rightfully so, maybe now they will start doing their jobs, but unfortunately for them they will have to wait until the next CBA agreement in 2012 to do anything. The NHL made their bed, now they can sleep in it.

Lostnearhell
08-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Dude you had a great argument...you need to realize your fighting rangers fan who don't want to face Kovy and Parise for the next 10 years...your 100% right...hahaha there is 0% chance he goes to the kings that guy listens to Eklund for advise...even if we lose he will be a devil

Do0msday
08-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Dude you had a great argument...you need to realize your fighting rangers fan who don't want to face Kovy and Parise for the next 10 years...your 100% right...hahaha there is 0% chance he goes to the kings that guy listens to Eklund for advise...even if we lose he will be a devil

Ugh, don't even get me started on Eklund. That guy makes up the stupidest rumors I've ever heard. He's a blogger, plain and simple. He creates stuff and tries to pass it as rumors/news. If you want to kill some time...go check out the last, oh...months worth of stuff he's posted. The titles of them are so baffling (and hysterical). He seriously has no idea what he's doing. He just writes about superstar trades that could never happen, but tries to make it sound like he has inside info. Anyone who believes him is a tool.

Confusious
08-09-2010, 02:52 AM
Good news, friends.

Seems that either:
A. Bloch's decision has been leaked on the internet.
B. The Devils have a backup contract already signed with Kovalchuk.

Either way, reliable sources are confirming he's staying with the Devils.

http://i.imgur.com/Go1gT.gif

Get used to seeing more Shoryuken's.

Nascar-NJDevils
08-09-2010, 07:59 AM
I sure hope it's true.

Do0msday
08-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Good news, friends.

Seems that either:
A. Bloch's decision has been leaked on the internet.
B. The Devils have a backup contract already signed with Kovalchuk.

Either way, reliable sources are confirming he's staying with the Devils.

http://i.imgur.com/Go1gT.gif

Get used to seeing more Shoryuken's.

I think B could be realistic, to an extent. I think it'd be that they have a deal in place, but not a contract signed. The reason for that is because the NHL could still fine the Devils up to $5 mil (which would count against the cap) if the rejection is upheld.

I sure as hell hope we keep him. I hate Bettman with a passion...

Embryo
08-09-2010, 04:21 PM
damn this Devils forum is DEAD, where are all the Devil fans? No wonder the Ranger and Flyer fans take over the IZOD Center every time they play the Devils.

Embryo
08-09-2010, 04:24 PM

I don't think that has anything to do with it. Ranger fans are not afraid of the Devils, the Rangers have handled the Devils with no problem since 2005. Rangers need to worry about the Pens and the Flyers, the Devils do not scare Ranger fans at all, get over yourselves.

NASCAR Diva#3
08-09-2010, 05:16 PM
damn this Devils forum is DEAD, where are all the Devil fans? No wonder the Ranger and Flyer fans take over the IZOD Center every time they play the Devils.

They can take over the IZOD Center all they want because the Devils haven't played there since the end of the 2007 season.

Do0msday
08-09-2010, 05:20 PM
They can take over the IZOD Center all they want because the Devils haven't played there since the end of the 2007 season.

Yeah, they can have that wasteland ... The Rock is where it's at ;)

Embryo
08-09-2010, 05:32 PM
..and the Prudential Center.

Freekshow187187
08-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Well rangers should try making the playoffs before they can open their mouths especially since their running their mouth and it's the summer because we all know during the season the talking stops because when you gotta watch your team play it's embarrassing to watch

sportzboy5252
08-09-2010, 05:44 PM
The deal has been nullified... time to go into panic mode!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/news/story?id=5450174

A very big name just hit the free-agent market.

An arbitrator ruled in favor of the NHL on Monday night in their assertion that the New Jersey Devils contract with Ilya Kovalchuk tried to circumvent the league's salary cap rules, sources told ESPN.com. The forward is now an unrestricted free agent and the 17-year, $102 million deal is null and void.

The deal would have paid $95 million over the first 10 years of the deal, with Kovalchuk making just $550,000 a year for the final five years. Kovalchuk, 27, would be 44 years of age if he played through to the end of the deal.

The Devils and the union argued the deal is a just one and that there is no language in the CBA that should prevent the deal from being ratified.

Kovalchuk was traded by the Atlanta Thrashers to the Devils last season.

Arbitrator Richard Bloch began hearing the case last week.

Embryo
08-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Well rangers should try making the playoffs before they can open their mouths especially since their running their mouth and it's the summer because we all know during the season the talking stops because when you gotta watch your team play it's embarrassing to watch

lol wut. The Rangers have made the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years and missed the playoffs by 1 point last season.

Embryo
08-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Kovy is once again an unrestricted free agent.

Freekshow187187
08-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Oh that's impressive almost like are run of making the playoffs 13 straight years and 19 out of 20 years...but 4 out of 5 is good also

Confusious
08-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Memo to NJD Fan:

I dare you not to lose your cool about this decision.

I dare you not to succumb to some baseless paranoid theory of how this decision was "rigged" against your team.

I dare you not to stoop to silly personal diatribes against a professional arbiter whom you do not know, based simply on the fact that he rendered a verdict you do not like.

I dare you not to take a too-easy cheapshot at Gary Bettman, who, you have no proof, was doing anything but what he believed to be in the best interest of the league, regardless if the timing seems unfair.

I dare you to ignore NYR fan, for whom today marks the highlight of his team's summer. ;)

I dare you to ignore LA fan, who STILL feels persecuted by this entire episode.

I dare you to roll with the punches and not panic. In June (no, make that since the day you traded for him), you were told by the "experts" here and in the media that you had little to no chance of retaining Kovy. Then, once you did sign him, your GM and organization was branded "dirty cheaters" by the petty reporters and fans of inferior franchises. Today, they relish in the decision and predict (hope for) more doom and gloom. They are not worthy of your engagment.

Are you up to the challenge?

This will all play out shortly. Hopefully, a deal is negotiated. If so, great. If not, so it goes.

No need to get too high nor too low. I am already hearing that the Devils are in talks with Kovalchuk, and the rumored deal, as of right now, is 13 years, and actually less than the 6M cap hit. Slightly more dollars than LA's last offer. Stay tuned, and I'm sorry if I got any hopes up.

The sources never stated that the Devils would win, just that Kovy is staying with the team.

Confusious
08-09-2010, 08:01 PM
And if it wasn't clear, yes I am a die-hard Devils fan, and I am attempting the challenge.

Freekshow187187
08-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Lol I love it and could do it but already screwed up the ranger mark...their team is so bad that when we can't sign someone, who I just read from Lou statement already stating their in discussions with kovys agent abd believe we will, that they have to talk and it's the summer...it's embarrassing but funny though how hard they try

Do0msday
08-09-2010, 09:11 PM
I can't take up that challenge because I'm too pissed off at how smug so many of these *******s are acting. I hate all these people who are like "told ya so". It gets annoying. I'm sick of others being able to do certain things, yet when the Devils try it...ohhh it's so bad.

Like when Lou got out of Mogilny and Malakhov's cap hits...everyone was on our case then as well. I'm sick of it.

Freekshow187187
08-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Lol I know what you mean it sucks because we have to be the bigger guy and suck it up meanwhile the rest of the league can ****** and complain like babys about every little thing and do certain ***** but when the devils do something whole league is against even though Marian hossas contract he only makes 3.5 million on his last 4 years meaning he makes less then a million a year but he's gonna play until he's 42 and for less then a million but kovy won't because he's on the devils with basically the same type of contract but a little longer

Do0msday
08-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Lol I know what you mean it sucks because we have to be the bigger guy and suck it up meanwhile the rest of the league can ****** and complain like babys about every little thing and do certain ***** but when the devils do something whole league is against even though Marian hossas contract he only makes 3.5 million on his last 4 years meaning he makes less then a million a year but he's gonna play until he's 42 and for less then a million but kovy won't because he's on the devils with basically the same type of contract but a little longer

People keep saying how we're completely pushing the envelope and exploiting the loophole.

1.) If Bettman hadn't been such a little weasel they could have gotten the CBA done and had it double checked to iron out any loophole, but he single handedly screwed up everything by being such a stubborn ***.

2.) I'm sick to death of people acting like the Devils are some scrub organization. It seems like this team gets NO respect. If we do well, oh it's because of our defensive system...same goes for why Marty isn't the "best goalie of all time". People always make excuses to ruin any accomplishment this team ever has. Everything positive has an excuse which negates the value of the accomplishment. Look at this team's track record...the last 2 decades is better than most teams in the whole freaking league, yet we still get the publicity of the current Islanders...

I'm still annoyed with how this entire thing goes down. I think there's a very good chance we'll still get Kovy. I think he realizes that the league has things set up so it's impossible for individuals to get big money. I'm all for a salary cap...but the current size is a joke when you compare the salaries of athletes in other sports. The average salary in baseball is like $3 mil I believe. Kovy's contract would have (on average) had him earn $6 mil a year. One of the best players in the league...arguably the best NHL free agent to hit the market...will earn twice as much as a scrub baseball player. Bettman is a joke.

Confusious
08-09-2010, 11:02 PM
I can't take up that challenge because I'm too pissed off at how smug so many of these *******s are acting. I hate all these people who are like "told ya so". It gets annoying. I'm sick of others being able to do certain things, yet when the Devils try it...ohhh it's so bad.

Like when Lou got out of Mogilny and Malakhov's cap hits...everyone was on our case then as well. I'm sick of it.
Trust me, when it is all said and done, we're going to get the last laugh.

Let the NY/LA fans have their fun while they can.

NJDEVS24
08-10-2010, 12:13 PM
lol wut. The Rangers have made the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years and missed the playoffs by 1 point last season.

Look buddy, the rangers wont be needing to worry about anybody next year, besides beating out the islanders for second to last in the division. The devils have made the playoffs 13 straight years, while the rangers spend all this money and still blow. You guys can't score a goal for ****, and it is hilarious to hear you say you're not scared of the devils, especially when kovy is re-signed. You can keep talking because that is all you seem to have going for yourself, and I don't blame you with a team like that, and ****ing retards running the organization.

NJDEVS24
08-10-2010, 12:22 PM
I don't think that has anything to do with it. Ranger fans are not afraid of the Devils, the Rangers have handled the Devils with no problem since 2005. Rangers need to worry about the Pens and the Flyers, the Devils do not scare Ranger fans at all, get over yourselves.

Where have you been? The devils have been and will always be the better team. Oh yeah, you mean the pens who were 0-6 against the devils last year? Hahaha

deke173
08-10-2010, 09:16 PM

First off, the Devils play in Prudential Center (The Rock) and you Ranger fans can keep filling up our seats and paying our player's salary. We thank you for it. Player's salary? That is what players receive for actually performing throughout the year. The reason you guys jump at a chance to see regular season games is because we save our money for playoffs tickets. Playoff tickets? Thats what you purchase when your team actually makes the playoffs and is a Stanley Cup contender year in and year out. Stanley Cup? That's the trophy you recieve when you win the championship, something we've accomplished three times since your last Cup. I bet we win it another three times before you guys ever win one again. So shut your mouth and keep over paying our washed up players (Scott Gomez) and old timers (John McLean, Bruce Driver, Bobby Holik) for your garbage entertainment.

Do0msday
08-11-2010, 02:01 AM
First off, the Devils play in Prudential Center (The Rock) and you Ranger fans can keep filling up our seats and paying our player's salary. We thank you for it. Player's salary? That is what players receive for actually performing throughout the year. The reason you guys jump at a chance to see regular season games is because we save our money for playoffs tickets. Playoff tickets? Thats what you purchase when your team actually makes the playoffs and is a Stanley Cup contender year in and year out. Stanley Cup? That's the trophy you recieve when you win the championship, something we've accomplished three times since your last Cup. I bet we win it another three times before you guys ever win one again. So shut your mouth and keep over paying our washed up players (Scott Gomez) and old timers (John McLean, Bruce Driver, Bobby Holik) for your garbage entertainment.

I'm sure the Rangers were disappointed that the Kovy deal was rejected. I'm sure the Dolans were already discussing a deal on how they could sign him when he's 44 :)

NJDEVS24
08-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Kovy's mother says she believes a deal will be re-worked with the devils

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/devils/kovalchuk_in_russia_in_good_spirits_OHIMrUTWWTxjtR cl243JoI

Also, they are very close I heard, and they might have had a deal in place in case the 17 year one got voided and now they're possibly just ironing out the details and could be done by this weekend.

Do0msday
08-12-2010, 09:24 PM
It sounds accurate. I'm sure Lou and company were working on a deal in case the original was rejected. However, I think it won't be nearly as long and not sure if it could be as much money. I think that the max years they'd go is 10, maybe 12...but with the way that Bettman is cracking down on the front loaded contracts who really knows what they could get away with now. I'm hoping that it's something that'd be like $6.5 mil a year, max, in terms of a cap hit...

treeleaf
08-13-2010, 01:45 PM
NEW JERSEY IS A JOKE
talk about all your eggs in one basket
ur team is going to suck with or without kovy next year.
tell this guy to **** off and start building a balanced team
unless he score 80 goals AND plays defense you guys have no shot

Do0msday
08-13-2010, 02:35 PM
NEW JERSEY IS A JOKE

You call us a joke, yet you can't even spell words right and *obviously* have no clue what you're talking about. I'm guessing you're a Leafs fan? Hmm, I wonder what our record was compared to yours...;)

Plus it's looking more and more like Kovy will come back to the Devils. Plus don't you contradict yourself? You say we'll suck without Kovy, yet you also say we're putting all our eggs in the basket for him. You do realize we didn't have him for some of the season right? We had a pretty good record before getting him...

Brodeur is still an elite goalie (I don't care what anyone says). Parise is a rising star. A-Train is going to completely revamp the defense, Zajac is a solid center, Elias is still capable of putting up numbers. Oh yeah, and then we've got some young guys who could get a chance (like Josefson and Tedenby, not to mention several others).

So please stop coming into our forum and spewing this crap. You make yourself look like a little prick.

Freekshow187187
08-13-2010, 02:36 PM
NEW JERSEY IS A JOKE

Hmmmm your trying to tell a franchise that was built on being a balanced team what their doing wrong to a gm who made this franchise great and were taking advice from a Toronto fan.....when's your last cup? Lol aren't you the guy that posted kaberle is getting lowballed is underrated as a defensemen.....he's all offense look at his plus minus and he's one of the softer defenders in the league lol talk about jokes that whole franchise is a joke it's sad that Burke thinks he can help it

Confusious
08-14-2010, 02:16 AM
NEW JERSEY IS A JOKE
Lol. Just wait.

When Kovy signs with NJD and if they have playoff success down the road, the barage of infantile whining about how the Devils "cheeeeeated" their way to a Cup will be ear shattering and insufferable.

...Which is why I hope and pray for such an occurrence.

The baseless ramblings of paranoid, petty people with persecutuion complexes and a proclivity to "hate" should be ignored at all costs.

I mean, the last time the Devils had a bad year and missed the playoffs was 1996, when you were most likely still a toddler. So, I'll excuse everything you said.

treeleaf
08-14-2010, 11:28 AM
lawl ok balk all u want wont save ur horrid D
AND the reason i say u suk with or without IK is kus YOU GUYS DONT NEED another top forward howabout getting ur AWFUL D looking better with all that $ ur putting in IK
U guys would be good again if u dont put all ur eggs in IK and think that Anton is going to be the nekts jesus savior lets be realistic toronto is going forward lookslike NJ is stuk in reverse Kabs Beach Lebda Shen Gunar Phanuef hahaha our D ***** on ur who do you got ..........o yea greenee hahah
balance is what u guys used in the past and balance is what you guys ulti lak right now

treeleaf
08-14-2010, 11:30 AM
PLAYOFFS YEAH RIGHT BRODEUER 10 years ago wouldnt get yall there
the truth is defense is the core of a club anyone who thinks you got good D is retarted

treeleaf
08-14-2010, 11:32 AM
sorry for being realistic

NJDEVS24
08-14-2010, 12:22 PM
NEW JERSEY IS A JOKE

You are a ****ing moron. We made the playoffs 13 straight years dumbass, your *** canadien leafs suck, don't ever post here again when you have no clue what you're talking about. Putting all our eggs in one basket? Yeah because we don't have parise, elias, langenbrunner, zajac, volchenkov, marty, and the best gm in the history of sports. The devils are a first class organization, obviously something you know nothing about. Go **** yourself and get your facts straight. We have one of the most balanced teams in the NHL, and again your leafs ****ing suck. Oh, and we sucked last year with or without kovy right? Get a ****ing clue loser. Look, don't worry about our team and worry about your pathetic little team, you can come in here when you make the playoffs 13 straight years, win a cup in the next decade, and are actually a better team, but until then do not talk. We know people are jealous of getting one of the best players in the league and you seem to have a pretty hard time dealing with it, all i can say is too bad and deal with it. I guess you're forgetting about Josefson, Tedenby, Urbom (a young promising defensemen), andy greene is improving. You know you are to stupid when you are saying the team who had the best GAA last year has a terrible defense. Just stop talking.

It isn't even worth wasting my time talking to you that is how wrong and retarted you are.

Do0msday
08-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Geez, can you get banned already? You're baiting to the extreme. You come into another team's forum and starts badmouthing them. And you're ****ing ******** to boot. First off, you can't spell AT ALL and it makes me want to severely maim you for being that bad. I didn't know Canada's educational system was worse than the one in the US. Secondly, you keep *****ing and moaning about OUR defense, saying that's our biggest problem. Uh........you do realize the Devils were scored on the LEAST amount of time out of every single team in the NHL, right? 191 goals allowed. Glorious Toronto allowed 267. Oh yeah, and Toronto only scored 214 goals compared to the 222 the Devils scored. However, the 222 was tied for last (with the Rangers and Islanders) for goals for in the conference. Add Kovalchuk for the entire season and that's another 30-40 goals alone. We could have the most goals scored and the least goals allowed in the conference. That spells playoffs.

Oh yeah, and I forgot you hate our defense so very much. We lost Paul Martin to the Pens...but guess what...we replaced him with the ****ing A-Train! He'll make our defense more physical and block tons of shots on his own. He's an upgrade over Martin (for a tad cheaper too). Then there's the Tallinder addition which, in my opinion, makes someone like Salvidor expendable so we can get create more cap space.

And finally. 10 years ago Brodeur wouldn't have gotten us to the playoffs? 10 years minus 2010 = 2000. 2000 = Stanley Cup, *****! Just cus your team hasn't won in god knows how long doesn't mean you can come in here and run your mouth. Maybe if you had actually had, you know, facts to back up your rambling then it'd be one thing. Instead you come in here, talk ****, have zero facts, can't even spell simple words right, and make yourself look like a dumb little *******. Go have fun cheering for your team.

Freekshow187187
08-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Plus we have a few upcoming defensemen eckford urbom and corrente plus green is young this guy is a idiot and I thought rangers fan were the worst at least they know their team sucks

NJDEVS24
08-14-2010, 03:47 PM
NEW JERSEY IS A JOKE

Did we suck last year? Get the **** out of here, you know nothing.

treeleaf
08-14-2010, 04:53 PM
LOl banned for being brutaly honest not gonna happen
all i say is that u guys r loading up on forwards and u got 1 proven nhl D
get a life yall marty the old aint gonna get on the point and play 2ndand3rd line shutdown so who will

Freekshow187187
08-14-2010, 05:06 PM
To be brutaly honest you to be right about something we got three defensemen who are NHL proven volchenkov talliender Greene this alone is already a improved defense from last year and we were 1st in goals against so what willl happen now with better dman? Hmmm and now we have young guys possibly coming up oh and most of are team are two way players that contribute to defense plus Marty is still being Marty so i think you better worry about getting a decent goaltender before you judege the greatest goaltender ever and judge how good are team is when the last three four years are team was judge by the experts to not even make the playoffs while those same years winning division titles

Do0msday
08-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Brodeur is still great. Look what he did last year:

- Most minutes of any goalie
- Most wins
- 3rd in GAA (.02 behind Ryan freaking Miller)
- 1st in shutouts
- Only 6 OT losses (to put that in perspective Miller had 8, Nabokov/Lundqvist/Kiprusoff had 10 a piece)

So we improve our defense from last year. Our lines are stronger and we've added more dimensions to them (aka A-Train's puck blocking ability). We have guys who can play defense AND move the puck. Marty was still better than nearly every other goalie in the entire freaking game last year. Our defense was good before and now it's even better. Add Kovy for an entire year and I guarantee we score at least 40 more goals this upcoming season.

And yes...you can get banned for what you're saying. You're trying to bait people here into unsound arguments. It's 1 thing to have a discussion or debate; it's another to come in and bash another team just for the sake of starting ****. Not that you being banned would mean much ... You've got 30ish posts and the IQ to match. It'd sure be nice to not have to read the crap you spew though. It's rather annoying since you know absolutely NOTHING about this team.

NJDEVS24
08-14-2010, 08:21 PM
get a life yall marty the old aint gonna get on the point and play 2ndand3rd line shutdown so who will

Let me be brutally honest, you know nothing and the devils are a hundred times better than your ***** team and **** off, you have no facts, go get some and get a life .

Devs&Mets
08-15-2010, 04:33 AM
God I just had to figure out my old password for this site and this account, I could not just stand by while some Canadian imbred spew venom towards a great team and even greater fans.

Unfortunatly, we can't all have an IQ of 30 (which by the way was the amount of games the Leafs won last year). So you can go back to your mediocre team with their mediocre organization and watch one of the NHL's greatest teams make it to the playoffs every single year, while you sit in last place and wallow in self pity

Robbw241
08-15-2010, 10:00 AM
^Win

Parise4life
08-16-2010, 06:43 PM

This guy is a complete idiot. Please don't stereotype all canadians becuase of this idiot. I am canadian BUT I am even a bigger devils fan. I found myself cheering for team USA in the olympics and was the ONLY one cheering when Zach tied it up (well up here anyway :) )

I am from near Toronto and I can tell you if you think rangers fans are dumb you should see leafs fans. these guys blindly follow what ever the media says which is always "This years Leafs will contend" ha what a joke. Also they will mock ANY other team. I get ragged on everytime I go out with my Devils jersey on but I don't care I wear that NJ proud.

"in Lou we trust"
so say we all

Freekshow187187
08-17-2010, 02:44 AM
This guy is a complete idiot. Please don't stereotype all canadians becuase of this idiot. I am canadian BUT I am even a bigger devils fan. I found myself cheering for team USA in the olympics and was the ONLY one cheering when Zach tied it up (well up here anyway :) )

I am from near Toronto and I can tell you if you think rangers fans are dumb you should see leafs fans. these guys blindly follow what ever the media says which is always "This years Leafs will contend" ha what a joke. Also they will mock ANY other team. I get ragged on everytime I go out with my Devils jersey on but I don't care I wear that NJ proud.

"in Lou we trust"
so say we all

No problem with canadians it's only the leaf fans...I got plenty of Canadian friends...lol sounds familiar but got few friends who are from Calgary and obviously obsessed with the flames but their cool as **** plus their smart

Confusious
08-17-2010, 03:11 AM
As a Canadian, it's very rare to know smart hockey fans. They exist, but they are biased beyond measure to their mediocre teams.

Freekshow187187
08-17-2010, 07:20 AM
True most of the time I can appreciate their passion but sometimes their just too stupid not talking about Canadian just any die hard hockey fan can be so passionate which makes this such a greT sport but sometimes their just ********

Devs&Mets
08-18-2010, 07:20 PM
^Win

:D I try

NJDEVS24
08-20-2010, 11:31 AM

Hahaha this is like an orioles fan coming into the yankees forum and trying to say they're better and the yankees suck and have no future. :surrender:

Confusious
08-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Okay, presenting the Confusious Two-year Cap Plan. This is based on a couple of assumption's, mainly that the kids are ready on time.

Year 1:
-Kovalchuk is signed to a contract with a 7 million dollar cap hit.
-Rolston and Zubrus are moved for Cap Space, Prospects, and/or picks.
-Corrente is ready to step into the lineup
-We sign a legitimate 4th line center for about 1 million dollars.

Here is the Line-up.
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($3.125m) / Travis Zajac ($3.887m) / Mattias Tedenby ($0.875m)
Ilya Kovalchuk ($7.000m) / Jacob Josefson ($0.900m) / Jamie Langenbrunner ($2.800m)
Patrik Elias ($6.000m) / Jason Arnott ($4.500m) / David Clarkson ($2.666m)
Rod Pelley ($0.550m) / 4th Line Center ($1.000m) / Vladimir Zharkov ($0.850m)
P-L Letourneau-Leblond ($0.525m) / Tim Sestito ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN
Anton Volchenkov ($4.250m) / Andy Greene ($0.737m)
Bryce Salvador ($2.900m) / Henrik Tallinder ($3.375m)
Colin White ($3.000m) / Matt Corrente ($0.821m)
Mark Fraser ($0.500m)

GOALTENDERS
Martin Brodeur ($5.200m) /Johan Hedberg ($1.500m)

BUYOUTS: Jay Pandolfo ($0.833m) / Andrew Peters ($0.166m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,463,334; BONUSES: $905,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,841,666

Year 2:
-Assuming the Cap stays the same (it will likely go up a bit based on history and the League will be signing a new TV deal for this season).
-Performance bonus cushion goes away because it is the last year of the CBA.
-Zach Parise gets a matching 7 million cap hit extension.
-Andy Greene gets an extension worth 4,000,000.
-Salvador (or White) is traded for cap space, prospects, or picks.
-Urbom is ready to step in and fill that vacant role.
-The Devils let Jason Arnott walk and Henrique is ready to fill that slot.
-Langenbrunner is re-signed to a 1-year, 2-million dollar deal.
-Devils sign a back-up goalie to a more affordable deal (about 800k).

Here is the year 2 lineup:
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Travis Zajac ($3.887m) / Mattias Tedenby ($0.875m)
Ilya Kovalchuk ($7.000m) / Jacob Josefson ($0.900m) / Jamie Langenbrunner ($2.000m)
Patrik Elias ($6.000m) / Adam Henrique ($0.845m) / David Clarkson ($2.666m)
Vladimir Zharkov ($0.850m) / 4th Line Center ($1.000m) / Rod Pelley ($0.550m)
P-L Letourneau-Leblond ($0.525m) / Tim Sestito ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN
Anton Volchenkov ($4.250m) / Andy Greene ($4.000m)
Henrik Tallinder ($3.375m) / Alexander Urbom ($0.870m)
Colin White ($3.000m) / Matt Corrente ($0.821m)
Mark Fraser ($0.500m)

GOALTENDERS
Martin Brodeur ($5.200m) /Back Up Goalie ($0.800m)

BUYOUTS: Jay Pandolfo ($0.833m) / Andrew Peters ($0.166m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,416,667; BONUSES: $1,002,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $983,333 + What ever the cap goes up by.

After that the Devils have 9 million dollars coming off the cap between the Buyouts, Marty, and White. There is also a new CBA coming into place though so one doesn't know what is going to happen with that.

Also remember that over the next two years the kids are probably going to push some of the guys going for cap space off the roster anyways.

Freekshow187187
08-22-2010, 01:33 PM
I agree completely with almost everything except maybe a couple changes on the lines and not resigning langenbrunet but that's why I think signing kovy would be a good thing so we can get rid if some vets and start bringing in some youth and obviously let Johnny mac work with them...also would like to give eckford a try since he can move the puck up and got some offensive skill plus he was a ahl allstar not like that means too much but would Like to try him out

Do0msday
08-22-2010, 02:34 PM
I definitely think this team could use some youth. We may not have a farm that's as highly touted as other teams, but it's definitely solid. There's a lot of talented guys. Josefson is very intriguing and the speed of Tedenby...I'm not going to lie...I've been dying to see him ever since we drafted him and saw all those vids of him. That guy is FAST!!!

I really think people underestimate this team. Look how consistent the Devils have been. They always seem to be a contender and having Kovy from day 1 means big, big numbers from him.

Confusious
08-22-2010, 08:26 PM
I agree completely with almost everything except maybe a couple changes on the lines and not resigning langenbrunet but that's why I think signing kovy would be a good thing so we can get rid if some vets and start bringing in some youth and obviously let Johnny mac work with them...also would like to give eckford a try since he can move the puck up and got some offensive skill plus he was a ahl allstar not like that means too much but would Like to try him out
I'm sure you don't like the idea of Elias and Arnott on the third line. Just imagine how much open ice they'd have, since they'd be facing most teams third lines. They'd be unstoppable, and it would be the best third line in the league.

On paper, no team can match our depth. I really want to utilize our left wing depth, not hinder it by forcing Elias to play out of position.

Also, I think Langenbrunner signed for one more year will mean Palmieri will be ready to take his spot after that contract.

Robbw241
08-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Yah I'm thinking Elias and Arnott will be on the 3rd line with Clarkson

Freekshow187187
08-24-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm sure you don't like the idea of Elias and Arnott on the third line. Just imagine how much open ice they'd have, since they'd be facing most teams third lines. They'd be unstoppable, and it would be the best third line in the league.

On paper, no team can match our depth. I really want to utilize our left wing depth, not hinder it by forcing Elias to play out of position.

Also, I think Langenbrunner signed for one more year will mean Palmieri will be ready to take his spot after that contract.

No I get that I agree just not sure lol but I feel clarkson could take Jamie spot next year just cause look how well he was before he got injured on pace for 20-25 goals and 50-60 points just how I feel about that but I'm pretty biased cause I hate Jamie lol