PDA

View Full Version : Heat @ Lakers Christmas Day

JordansBulls
08-03-2010, 01:44 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/

According to a preliminary 2010-11 NBA schedule obtained by the Sun Sentinel, the Heat will play in Boston and Philadelphia before its home opener. It also will play Christmas Day in Los Angeles against the Lakers.

Jetsguy
08-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Awesome Game I cant wait for this

mikealike305
08-03-2010, 01:48 PM
this is the game i want to see

NYtilIdie
08-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Stern knows X-Mas games are the big rating drawers, he made us watch Lebron vs Kobe last year, he'd be a fool to pass up Wade/Bosh/Lebron vs Kobe this year.

God, I love being right because then I can say "I told you so"

So everybody needs to their b***hing and complaining now.

Sadds The Gr8
08-03-2010, 01:51 PM
sick game.

nickdymez
08-03-2010, 01:53 PM
I dont know why people on here were saying it should be Lakers vs. Celtics on xmas. That would be a stupid game to watch when the heat is out there.

dhopisthename
08-03-2010, 01:53 PM
all think we all figured this would happen

phlp_bj
08-03-2010, 01:56 PM
excited now

Gators123
08-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Nice!

S-Dot
08-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Merry Christmas everyone...a gift from David Stern

LeBitteNoir
08-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Miami opens on the road @ BOS. Plays X-mas @ LAL.

NBA likes the HEAT going on the road. I don't blame them. The hate is going to be delicious.

pippsux
08-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Must see tv!

Niro
08-03-2010, 02:08 PM
best christmas gift

John Walls Era
08-03-2010, 02:13 PM
:clap: good stuff

shep33
08-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Honestly, I don't like the Christmas game... I don't think teams play to their full potential during the holidays. I dunno, thats just my opinion, kinda wish no teams would play on Christmas, cause most players just want to be with their families.

Gibby23
08-03-2010, 02:16 PM

NBA likes the HEAT going on the road. I don't blame them. The hate is going to be delicious.

It is pretty crazy how the NBA ia making ALL teams play 41 road games.

lakers4sho
08-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Blowout win for Miami.

mikealike305
08-03-2010, 02:24 PM
^ u think so?

Melo15
08-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Should be a good game.

Jemikz9Clutch
08-03-2010, 02:33 PM
best christmas gift

agree! might as well buy some tickets now.:)

D1JM
08-03-2010, 02:40 PM

Maybe they want to make sure the bandwagon heat fans will fill up the stadium first. I doubt they want half the stadium empty

Jays Claw
08-03-2010, 02:44 PM
David Stern will throw an erotic party after viewing the television ratings.

MustWinGame7
08-03-2010, 02:52 PM
perfect

D1JM
08-03-2010, 02:56 PM

damn 41 games :speechless:

xmoney328
08-03-2010, 03:03 PM

I'am pretty sure its been like that for a while now...every team plays 41 home and 41 away.

teckmunny
08-03-2010, 03:10 PM
David stern is such a prick man! Christmas is about family u daam ****en bastard! What u talking about heat blowout? Yeah right its all about the lake show! **** queen james!

J_M_B
08-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Maybe they want to make sure the bandwagon heat fans will fill up the stadium first. I doubt they want half the stadium empty

Seriously? Shut up.

I'm tired of morons like you saying Miami can't sell tickets, when they finished this season with a higher attendance then top teams like Orlando, Atlanta, Phoenix and even Houston.

Miami sold out season tickets, before LeBron even commited here.

Dade County
08-03-2010, 03:13 PM
I was kinda hoping, that the league would send the Lakers to miami..... (reason)......

I wanted to see how the lakers would perform against us, with the heat being at home, everybody watching, all the build up before the game...... I wanted to see the Lakers resolve; I really wanted to see if they could beat the Heat on their home court, on that day.

Storch
08-03-2010, 03:16 PM
I want the heat/boston vs lakers everyday of my life

xbrackattackx
08-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Yes!!!!!!!

Go Lakers.

Kingz4L
08-03-2010, 03:30 PM
My only complaint about the Christmas games is why do the Lakers always play at home, the last time they played on the road was like back in 05 or 06, do they want the Lakers to win every Christmas game?

Khalifa21
08-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Bulls @ Knicks and then Heat @ Lakers on Christmas day. Can't wait :jumpy:

fresh prince
08-03-2010, 03:46 PM
My only complaint about the Christmas games is why do the Lakers always play at home, the last time they played on the road was like back in 05 or 06, do they want the Lakers to win every Christmas game?

Yes...

Or it could be there needs to be a double header.One game in the morning on the east coast and then a second game on the West Coast.

Lakers are the preeminent team out WEST SO logically whenever the league can the Lakers will be at home. It also doesnt hurt ratings to continually pan to the sunshine and beach shots in December when most of the country is freezing balls off

blake20696
08-03-2010, 03:52 PM
im gonna try and go to the game as i live in LA

Raidaz4Life
08-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Hopefully they are both undefeated and fully healthy Christmas day.

h2r09
08-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Yes...

Or it could be there needs to be a double header.One game in the morning on the east coast and then a second game on the West Coast.

Lakers are the preeminent team out WEST SO logically whenever the league can the Lakers will be at home. It also doesnt hurt ratings to continually pan to the sunshine and beach shots in December when most of the country is freezing balls off

the lakers are a great team but they are really kind of boring to watch when kobe isnt going off, especially at home.

It is mostly because their arena actually focuses on the game and not what is in the stands, but thaat kind of makes it a little dull on TV. It isnt overly loud, too.

NYYCowboys
08-03-2010, 04:15 PM
This is cool I think both games that I've heard scheduled on Christmas are gonna be good (Lakers/Heat and Bulls/Knicks), but a game that I really wanna see more than these games is LeBron's return to Cleveland it's gonna be absolutely crazy.

Bruno
08-03-2010, 04:16 PM
It'll be goood

JordansBulls
08-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Lakers should be banned for a while for having games on Christmas at home after fans threw stuff on the floor last year.

Jewelz0376
08-03-2010, 04:26 PM
the lakers are a great team but they are really kind of boring to watch when kobe isnt going off, especially at home.

It is mostly because their arena actually focuses on the game and not what is in the stands, but thaat kind of makes it a little dull on TV. It isnt overly loud, too.

The games are always exciting to me because I'm a laker fans, but they do have the worst crowd in the league..Everything there thinks they're too cool to cheer except for the people further up... Sometimes it seems like the Laker fans at the road games are louder than the ones at home...

Jewelz0376
08-03-2010, 04:28 PM
I can't believe people are honestly complaining about the Heat playing @ LA...the Lakers are the champs why would they play on the road?? Like someone else said a big part of it is also them being on the west coast...which helps when they have the triple headers....

GoatMilk
08-03-2010, 04:30 PM
what if it's the new NBA tradition?

in MLB, the Cincinnati Reds open up the season at home, always. no matter what.

not to mention the Lakers are the freaking champs. who cares

and it's just the way things work
you guys complain about everything

honestly, it's 1 game out of 82
i've even heard players say they'd rather have Christmas off. having to play at home on Christmas is probably tougher. Got to get up and go straight to the Arena. game starts at 12 on the West coast.
cant spend the morning with family, the night before you were probably really busy doing holiday stuff, etc

DODGERS&LAKERS
08-03-2010, 04:38 PM
I was kinda hoping, that the league would send the Lakers to miami..... (reason)......

I wanted to see how the lakers would perform against us, with the heat being at home, everybody watching, all the build up before the game...... I wanted to see the Lakers resolve; I really wanted to see if they could beat the Heat on their home court, on that day.

Yeah, I really wished we could see what the Lakers are really made of by playing the two time defending champs on the road as opposed to home.

Wait a minute..........

NYtilIdie
08-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Seriously? Shut up.

I'm tired of morons like you saying Miami can't sell tickets, when they finished this season with a higher attendance then top teams like Orlando, Atlanta, Phoenix and even Houston.

Miami sold out season tickets, before LeBron even commited here.

You guys finished 15th last year and finishing ahead of ATL, PHX and Houston isn't fair to brag about since MIA's arena holds more people then all three teams arenas, but PHX and ORL had a higher percentage of selling out crowds then MIA plus ATL fanbase is nearly non-existent.

For real like someone said, nobody in MIA paid attention to the Heat unless they had "El" in front of their jerseys. You guys sold out season tickets after Lebron signed.

But beat teams like Chicago, NY, LA, Boston and Dallas in attendence then come brag about.

LA_Raiders
08-03-2010, 05:26 PM
lol, another stern move...

I was Hoping LA vs Bos...

Evolution23
08-03-2010, 05:36 PM
yawn im gona fall asleep.. worst series ever... Rather watch Knicks and Bulls

LA_Raiders
08-03-2010, 05:39 PM
You guys finished 15th last year and finishing ahead of ATL, PHX and Houston isn't fair to brag about since MIA's arena holds more people then all three teams arenas, but PHX and ORL had a higher percentage of selling out crowds then MIA plus ATL fanbase is nearly non-existent.

For real like someone said, nobody in MIA paid attention to the Heat unless they had "El" in front of their jerseys. You guys sold out season tickets after Lebron signed.

But beat teams like Chicago, NY, LA, Boston and Dallas in attendence then come brag about.

:clap:

RaiderLakersA's
08-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Predictable. But it doesn't mean anything if the two teams don't meet up in the Finals.

td0tsfinest
08-03-2010, 05:46 PM
can't wait, unless they play before that.

Dade County
08-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I really wished we could see what the Lakers are really made of by playing the two time defending champs on the road as opposed to home.

Wait a minute..........

lol........... (I knew some people wouldn't understand)

In those 2 championships did they have to face a team that had the talent and skill of a Wade/bosh/lebron?........ Thats what I'm talking about funny guy.

I don't think that the lakers can beat the Heat, so I would have been impressed if the lakers could actually pull it off (winning in MIA).... But I am a Miami Heat fan, so what do you expect :D

Purple&Gold24
08-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Blowout win for Miami.

:rimshot:

Iron24th
08-03-2010, 06:18 PM
I hope it will be a win.

championships
08-03-2010, 06:19 PM
There was no doubt that this would be the christmas afternoon game

championships
08-03-2010, 06:22 PM
I think that game will pull in huge ratings, People are curious

ATX
08-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Can't wait for this game! I feel like a kid, just waiting for xmas to get here, but it's so far away.

Jemikz9Clutch
08-03-2010, 10:02 PM
i dont care if the heat are visiting the lakers. it's more comfortable for me coz i get a chance to watch them live in staples. i'll try to buy tickets but i think they are sold out.

still1ballin
08-03-2010, 11:00 PM
I dont know why people on here were saying it should be Lakers vs. Celtics on xmas. That would be a stupid game to watch when the heat is out there.

Love your sig:clap:

still1ballin
08-03-2010, 11:01 PM
I think most Laker fans will look at this as just another game. This is what will happen, if Lakers lose yeah we will be upset like everytime we lose, but we know it won't mean anything while Heat fans will be blowing up the NBA forum claiming that they can beat the lakers and are champions already.

JordansBulls
08-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Big time game.

Wonder why it is Celtics vs Magic again though.

jackdawson
08-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Hopefully they are both undefeated and fully healthy Christmas day.

That would be epic. Would add more fuels to the battle and increase the ratings and hype even more.

jackdawson
08-03-2010, 11:52 PM
I think most Laker fans will look at this as just another game. This is what will happen, if Lakers lose yeah we will be upset like everytime we lose, but we know it won't mean anything while Heat fans will be blowing up the NBA forum claiming that they can beat the lakers and are champions already.

No, that will make some of your buddies stay away from PSD for a week. Don't worry. I am saving some insulting quotes about the Heat just so I can posterize them when the time comes. (Just what happened to Mavrix..lol).

still1ballin
08-04-2010, 12:00 AM
No, that will make some of your buddies stay away from PSD for a week. Don't worry. I am saving some insulting quotes about the Heat just so I can posterize them when the time comes. (Just what happened to Mavrix..lol).

LOL, thats exactly what I mean. Heat fans will go crazy because they beat the Lakers in a regular season game. No worries, save your quotes, I will have mine saved and will unleash them in the playoffs where it all counts.:p

lakers4sho
08-04-2010, 12:03 AM
LOL, thats exactly what I mean. Heat fans will go crazy because they beat the Lakers in a regular season game. No worries, save your quotes, I will have mine saved and will unleash them in the playoffs where it all counts.:p

Screw quotes...show 'em the hardware :cool:

jackdawson
08-04-2010, 12:03 AM

Where did I say regular season :confused: I said "When the time comes" if you missed it.

ElMarroAfamado
08-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Lakers by 21

ElMarroAfamado
08-04-2010, 12:09 AM

the heat are going to be the new age Cavs

best regular season team ...everyone thinking they will win a title, just to dissapoint and get eliminated early from the playoffs.....

I should save that response to be automated because ima use it alot when the season starts

LakeShowRaider
08-04-2010, 12:12 AM
Lakers 101 Heat 100

Kobe game winner over LeBron and Wade...haha JK! that would be cool though!

Can't wait!

still1ballin
08-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Where did I say regular season :confused: I said "When the time comes" if you missed it.

Well this thread is about a regular season game on Xmas day. You said "when the time comes." So I thought you meant when Christmas comes and Heat beat Lakers you will let out the quotes.

still1ballin
08-04-2010, 12:15 AM
Screw quotes...show 'em the hardware :cool:

True, but quotes never hurt:)

J$mo0th_3o5
08-04-2010, 12:18 AM
**** I wanted it to be here, so I can go:mad:

Oh well we're gonna have to spank them up in LA;)

jackdawson
08-04-2010, 12:19 AM
Well this thread is about a regular season game on Xmas day. You said "when the time comes." So I thought you meant when Christmas comes and Heat beat Lakers you will let out the quotes.

No I meant the real time in June. You are a miami native so welcome you to the party next June in South Beach ;)

BrotherRedz
08-04-2010, 12:24 AM
the heat are going to be the new age Cavs

best regular season team ...everyone thinking they will win a title, just to dissapoint and get eliminated early from the playoffs.....

I should save that response to be automated because ima use it alot when the season starts

Where is No Show Mo in the Heat Roster? :eyebrow:

I guess Nowhere right

Wade> No Show Mo
Miller > Weak Sauce AP
Bosh > No defense Jump Shootah Jamison
Anthony ummmmm = Varejao??????? (I still dont know)

See this huge upgrade in LeBron's new team?

shep33
08-04-2010, 12:29 AM

Agreed. Regular season is so overhyped... I mean really its for our entertainment, but those 82 games dont mean anything unless you win 16 in the playoffs.

Avenged
08-04-2010, 12:37 AM
It'll be "just another game" for the Lakers if they lose..

But if they win, it will be like the Lakers just won the championship.

Happens all the time, vice versa as well.

cle12152433
08-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Hell, Cleveland beat LA last year. I hope to god Kobe and co. win. Im tired of all this Miami self title proclamation BS. They forget they havent won ANYTHING....

Still, even if LA loses and wins the finals, it makes it that much sweeter.

LA-DYNASTY248
08-04-2010, 12:40 AM
MUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA! see you guys then!

still1ballin
08-04-2010, 12:44 AM
No I meant the real time in June. You are miami native so welcome you to the party next June in South Beach ;)

Nah, I am looking forward to rocking my Laker jersey all througout Miami like I have the past 2 years. Why stop now?:)

jusscallmez
08-04-2010, 12:46 AM
Looks like I'll be checking out Stubhub.com soon ;)

iDrake v2
08-04-2010, 01:10 AM
Honestly, it was predictable. I'm not complianing. I'm quite excited. All i know is that i'm going to have the popcorn ready :)

The Final Boss
08-04-2010, 01:17 AM

Heat fans have to be real stupid to think the 2X defending Champs who went 7 to beat the hottest team in the playoffs last year (a team better than Miami) need to test their resolve. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

JordansBulls
08-04-2010, 10:37 AM

Going to be tough for you for years man. Lakers fan living in Miami.

Ouch!!!

RaiderLakersA's
08-04-2010, 12:42 PM

Exactly. I'll get excited if we meet up with them in the Finals. It's the only time that it will really matter. Championships are the best bragging rights and the only ones that matter.

jackdawson
08-04-2010, 01:37 PM

Ouch!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

still1ballin
08-04-2010, 02:54 PM

Ouch!!!

Not really, for the past 2 years I've been talking so much smack. Now they have an elite team, if they fail it will be more smack talk. Should be interesting.

JordansBulls
08-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Not really, for the past 2 years I've been talking so much smack. Now they have an elite team, if they fail it will be more smack talk. Should be interesting.

Yeah but if they win, you will hear about it everyday.

jackdawson
08-04-2010, 03:56 PM

He is in denial and will be until it happens.

ryang
08-04-2010, 05:43 PM

What part of MIAMI are you talking smack in??? I wouldn't do that in Carol City, Overtown , ect.... You may not make it out...

El Hombre#5
08-04-2010, 05:48 PM
That's gonna be special.

Can't wait

TheWatcher34
08-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Honestly, I don't like the Christmas game... I don't think teams play to their full potential during the holidays. I dunno, thats just my opinion, kinda wish no teams would play on Christmas, cause most players just want to be with their families.

absolutely agree. i dont know what 95% of you people get so hyped about. there's NOTHING SPECIAL!!!
the only reason they schedule these games on that day is because of TV ratings and $$$.
this is the point where the NBA is not a competition anymore as it is becoming pure entertainment for the whole nation with these blockbuster games on schedule.
i can only imagine players want to spend these couple of days with their families and spend some nights with the hot wife who absolutely appreciates the new luxury car + diamond jewellry she got as a gift.... christmas is the time where players are distracted, they shouldnt be playing games.
the best games happen during the season anyways....

Dade County
08-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Heat fans have to be real stupid to think the 2X defending Champs who went 7 to beat the hottest team in the playoffs last year (a team better than Miami) need to test their resolve. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

This is what I typed to the last guy ..... ENJOY ;)

In those 2 championships did they have to face a team that had the talent and skill of a Wade/bosh/lebron?........ Thats what I'm talking about funny guy.

I don't think that the lakers can beat the Heat, so I would have been impressed if the lakers could actually pull it off (winning in MIA).... But I am a Miami Heat fan, so what do you expect :D

lakers4sho
08-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Nah, I am looking forward to rocking my Laker jersey all througout Miami like I have the past 2 years. Why stop now?:)

Just this past 2 years? Do I smell a bandwagoner over here?

LOL j/k :p

Avenged
08-04-2010, 07:44 PM

He tells us he wears his Laker Jersey but we all know he's really talking about his new Lebron James Miami Heat jersey he just bought. :laugh2:

still1ballin
08-04-2010, 09:21 PM

Thats "IF." But yeah, 2006 was a rough year for me, but its been great out here living in Miami. Its fun though fighting against my Heat friends

lakers4sho
08-04-2010, 09:23 PM
He tells us he wears his Laker Jersey but we all know he's really talking about his new Lebron James Miami Heat jersey he just bought. :laugh2:

haha I wouldn't be surprised muh man

still1ballin
08-04-2010, 09:34 PM
What part of MIAMI are you talking smack in??? I wouldn't do that in Carol City, Overtown , ect.... You may not make it out...

I am not poor dude. I live in the city of Doral

still1ballin
08-04-2010, 09:34 PM

ugh. Never dude!

still1ballin
08-04-2010, 09:35 PM
haha I wouldn't be surprised muh man

:mad:

still1ballin
08-04-2010, 09:36 PM

LOL It does sound like it, but you know me man, full blooded lakers fan all the way!

SiR Lakers III
08-04-2010, 10:25 PM

You don't think the Lakers can beat the Heat even after watching....O games this year. Damn you're an allstar.:facepalm:

SiR Lakers III
08-04-2010, 10:30 PM
He is in denial and will be until it happens.

In denial? Haha. Miami has yet to win a game. Ima laugh my *** off when Boston smacks that *** opening night. smh

jackdawson
08-04-2010, 11:46 PM
In denial? Haha. Miami has yet to win a game. Ima laugh my *** off when Boston smacks that *** opening night. smh

Because Miami has played 82 games right?:rolleyes: Get your head straight. 2 more days till the weekend. So it's too early buddy.

dodie53
08-05-2010, 03:07 AM
as expected

ryang
08-05-2010, 11:44 AM
I am not poor dude. I live in the city of Doral

What does poor have to do with it I just stated that you sound so cocky about running your mouth here in MIAMI but yet you only do it in Doral have fun telling your golf buddies about the Lakers but come tell a real HEAT fan in C.C. oppy, goons pincrest ect and see if your still talking or able to I should say...

Dade County
08-05-2010, 11:49 AM
You don't think the Lakers can beat the Heat even after watching....O games this year. Damn you're an allstar.:facepalm:

Thank you ........

But I'm more like a Hall of famer :D

hype707
08-05-2010, 12:12 PM
I hope Lebron is hurt and Bosh is having Women troubles when this happens

still1ballin
08-05-2010, 02:35 PM
What does poor have to do with it I just stated that you sound so cocky about running your mouth here in MIAMI but yet you only do it in Doral have fun telling your golf buddies about the Lakers but come tell a real HEAT fan in C.C. oppy, goons pincrest ect and see if your still talking or able to I should say...

Really!? In Miami? Where?

mikealike305
08-05-2010, 02:38 PM

right here! still ballin? are u ever goin to stop? lol jk fan of 2pac?

mikealike305
08-05-2010, 02:40 PM
miami is a poor city... its not like it looks on t.v... other than south beach and coral gables the rest is pretty much a hood... the real fans dont have money for season tickets... i know i dont

JordansBulls
08-05-2010, 05:21 PM
miami is a poor city... its not like it looks on t.v... other than south beach and coral gables the rest is pretty much a hood... the real fans dont have money for season tickets... i know i dont

Miami is a great city you mean.

still1ballin
08-05-2010, 05:43 PM
right here! still ballin? are u ever goin to stop? lol jk fan of 2pac?

LOL yeah I am, I guess you can say that by my username.

GoldenArmor24
08-05-2010, 06:21 PM

Or they did it because the Heat aren't proven yet so they got to pay they're dues.
Once they prove something they will end up @ home for games like this.

Klivlend
08-05-2010, 06:36 PM

Boring. I love watching games on holidays. Don't feel bad for them, they're millionaires. The off-season is like a holiday every day for them and their families

fadedmario
08-05-2010, 06:48 PM
12/25 + kush = good times :)

ryang
08-05-2010, 07:07 PM

183 rd and 37th (douglas) if you ever wanted to show how proud you were of the Lakers and how you don't think there are Heat fan's here go there and speak about it see what happens... Not a threat by the way but go to a real place not Doral and voice your opinions... Were you living here when we won in 06??? We were all over the place even Doral...

still1ballin
08-06-2010, 12:17 AM
183 rd and 37th (douglas) if you ever wanted to show how proud you were of the Lakers and how you don't think there are Heat fan's here go there and speak about it see what happens... Not a threat by the way but go to a real place not Doral and voice your opinions... Were you living here when we won in 06??? We were all over the place even Doral...

Yeah I was, and yeah I notice when they all came out like little bugs, but after that year it seems they went back to their homes.

celticsfan336
08-06-2010, 12:37 AM
lol........... (i knew some people wouldn't understand)

in those 2 championships did they have to face a team that had the talent and skill of a wade/bosh/lebron?........ Thats what i'm talking about funny guy.

I don't think that the lakers can beat the heat, so i would have been impressed if the lakers could actually pull it off (winning in mia).... But i am a bandwagonmiami heat fan, so what do you expect :d

fixed

Jonathan2323
08-06-2010, 12:41 AM
fixed

So if your a HEAT fan, you are a bandwagon fan. Just wanted to clarify with you.

nanablvd
08-06-2010, 12:45 AM
As expected. Lakers' loss is also an expectation cuz of their history on Christmas days. Lakers are still the team to beat though regardless of Christmas Day's result.

cle12152433
08-06-2010, 12:48 AM
I was going to type something, but nevermind....

JordansBulls
08-07-2010, 07:35 AM
So if your a HEAT fan, you are a bandwagon fan. Just wanted to clarify with you.

If you all of a sudden started posting once the Heat got Bosh and Lebron then yes.

Dr.J>YOU
09-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Heat will beat the ********* out of the Lakers.

Avenged
09-05-2010, 11:08 PM
^^ Yep, wouldn't doubt it for a Christmas game.

Lakers will end up with the trophy at the end so that's all that matters. ;)

camador22
09-05-2010, 11:40 PM

I have to disagree with you there. Brickell and Aventura are nice as well and a little north of Miami you have Weston, South West Ranches, Boca, Coral Springs, Parkland which are all very nice areas. Miami is not by any means a poor city.

still1ballin
09-05-2010, 11:45 PM

:dance:

shep33
09-06-2010, 12:02 AM

Haha, man I hate the Christmas game... the most overrated game of the year. Teams don't play to their fullest potential, especially the home team due to them being with their families and stuff.

The L Train
09-06-2010, 12:18 AM
I have to disagree with you there. Brickell and Aventura are nice as well and a little north of Miami you have Weston, South West Ranches, Boca, Coral Springs, Parkland which are all very nice areas. Miami is not by any means a poor city.

Almost none of the places you mentioned are actually Miami dude. Some of them are almost two hours north of Miami. Nice areas tho, yes.

I live in South Florida and I hate when everything gets lumped together and called Miami when we're not even in the same county.

MTar786
09-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Lakers should be banned for a while for having games on Christmas at home after fans threw stuff on the floor last year.

im sure bulls fans would throw things too if ur team was getting cheated

Dr.J>YOU
09-06-2010, 12:50 PM

Lakers will be out in round 1 this year watch.

Afro
09-06-2010, 01:04 PM

:rimshot:

dewikwoseisbeta
09-06-2010, 02:00 PM
It'll be "just another game" for the Lakers if they lose..

But if they win, it will be like the Lakers just won the championship.

Happens all the time, vice versa as well.

I really hate comments like this. You know for a fact this game will be playoff atmosphere and every game matters in the regular season, escpecially when you are playing a team fighting with you for HCA in the finals. Lakers know how important HCA is and thats why it wont just be "another game". Same goes or the Celtics fans that always say they bomb the regular season to save energy for the playoffs; we know that isn't the case. Every team wants HCA advantage and thats why games like this are the most important.

h2r09
09-06-2010, 02:04 PM

i live in parkland and my dad owns an office in coral springs and on a good night that is an hour away from the stadium. boca is even further.

TheWatcher34
09-06-2010, 02:46 PM
christmas games suck!
the players aren't focused.
they have other things in mind, family, kids, the hot wife has some new dessous, etc.
Laker fans will start throwing foam on the court again..watch out!!
people like to overrate this game..nevertheless everybody is watching and Stern has dollar signs in his eyes.

michael811
09-06-2010, 02:48 PM
I really hate comments like this. You know for a fact this game will be playoff atmosphere and every game matters in the regular season, escpecially when you are playing a team fighting with you for HCA in the finals. Lakers know how important HCA is and thats why it wont just be "another game". Same goes or the Celtics fans that always say they bomb the regular season to save energy for the playoffs; we know that isn't the case. Every team wants HCA advantage and thats why games like this are the most important.

Tell that to Cleveland which had homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs the last two years. Orlando beat the Lakers both times they played them the year they lost to them in the finals. Titles are won in June not in December

SouthSideRookie
09-06-2010, 02:49 PM

Yeah but he is right about one game, in a long series the depth of a team usually will be a huge factor in a series, no doubt Lakers would have the edge there. It should be a good game, hopefully both teams are at full strenght.

For championship teams it doesn't matter where you play, away or home, sure at home would be better but for proven teams it's really not a problem to have to win on the road as it has been proven time after time.

Avenged
09-06-2010, 03:00 PM

What I'm trying to say is that the guys don't care if they lose during Christmas especially since the Lakers are back to back champions. A loss in the regular season doesn't mean much to championship contending teams as long as they're not losing in June. If the Lakers lose on Christmas, they have to get back to work since their will be another game in a couple days.

Same can be said about Miami, I really doubt they'll act as if their season is over if they lose on Christmas.

Jamballin L@KER
09-06-2010, 03:06 PM
I cant wait 4 this game

97NYer
09-06-2010, 03:08 PM
I'll be watching.

JARVIS123
09-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Who is the Boston,L.A.?

JARVIS123
09-06-2010, 03:13 PM
We aint worried 'bout none of those. They not even a big mac,they're small frie.

still1ballin
09-06-2010, 03:17 PM

Hawkeye15
09-06-2010, 03:27 PM

you are not bashful, are you?

The Lakers seperated themselves from the rest of the west even more this summer. They will be very difficult to beat in the west come playoff time

Dr.J>YOU
09-06-2010, 08:10 PM
you are not bashful, are you?

The Lakers seperated themselves from the rest of the west even more this summer. They will be very difficult to beat in the west come playoff time

Seattle 1994 was hands down the favorite as was Dallas in 2007.

dewikwoseisbeta
09-06-2010, 08:17 PM
What I'm trying to say is that the guys don't care if they lose during Christmas especially since the Lakers are back to back champions. A loss in the regular season doesn't mean much to championship contending teams as long as they're not losing in June. If the Lakers lose on Christmas, they have to get back to work since their will be another game in a couple days.

Same can be said about Miami, I really doubt they'll act as if their season is over if they lose on Christmas.

Both teams will be going at it with their best. They wont act as their season is over but it would be a heartbreaker to most. We all know Lakers fans will just say "it's only the regular season" but Miami fans will have a different approach because they have something to prove. They really want to win that game; Its a statement game.

dewikwoseisbeta
09-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Tell that to Cleveland which had homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs the last two years. Orlando beat the Lakers both times they played them the year they lost to them in the finals. Titles are won in June not in December

There is no telling what Cleveland would have done had they gotten to the finals. Especially since they would have controlled HCA and did sweep L.A during the season.

MTar786
09-06-2010, 09:16 PM

lakers were favorites to come out of the west in 08 and 09.. what happened there?

lakers became the favs to come out of the west in the middle of the 07-08 season and what happened there?

lakers were favs coming into the 99-00 season, same with 01, not sure about 02. they were favs to come out in 04.

what was the outcome? they all have the same answer.

for u to say the lakers will lose in the 1st round just like that is absolute monkey piss. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

still1ballin
09-06-2010, 11:05 PM

then don't watch

XJW18
09-06-2010, 11:32 PM
yay

king4day
09-07-2010, 12:08 AM

Neither team had a player like Kobe Bryant.

Avenged
09-07-2010, 12:19 AM
Both teams will be going at it with their best. They wont act as their season is over but it would be a heartbreaker to most. We all know Lakers fans will just say "it's only the regular season" but Miami fans will have a different approach because they have something to prove. They really want to win that game; Its a statement game.

Well there you go.

As Laker fans, we know this game really means nothing in the long run considering we've experience 2 championships the past 2 years.

Yes, I'm sure every Laker fan wants the Lakers to beat the Heat during Christmas, heck as fans we want our teams to go undefeated.. But we can stomach a loss.

2 seasons ago the Magic swept the Lakers in the regular season but ended up beating them in the postseason.

RaiderLakersA's
09-07-2010, 12:14 PM

It's a measuring stick game for the coaches and players. A loss will signify to the players on either team that they have work to do. Fortunately, it's only Christmas, and there will be ample time to get better as a squad. I could also see a loss as a major inducement for one of the GM's to make a mid-year acquisition.

As for the respective fanbases responses, you've nailed it. If my Lakers lose, oh well, it's just a game. If the Lakers win, it will be strictly fly swatter material for those pesky, boastful Heat fans that keep buzzing around this and other forums as though they've already won the O'Brien Trophy.

The Miami Cheat
09-07-2010, 12:27 PM
this game is gonna b great..cant wait for it

mikealike305
09-07-2010, 12:29 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhh i cant wait!!!!

Lebron > Wade
09-07-2010, 12:38 PM
December is so far away

Raidaz4Life
09-07-2010, 01:21 PM

Spoilers!!!! Well... looks like there is no reason for me to watch anymore....

xbrackattackx
09-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Spoiler Alert, Laker's Win by 10.