PDA

View Full Version : Shaq on Jimmy Kimmel Live: 2 more seasons (Would like to join Celtics)

Highlight
08-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Shaquille O'Neal reiterated Monday that he wants to play for the two more seasons and that he would like to join the Celtics.

http://espn.go.com/blog/BostonCeltics/post/_/id/4676091/shaq-cs-a-good-program

magichatnumber9
08-03-2010, 09:44 AM
We want Shaq on the Celtics, feeling is mutual. It's the money that is holding this thing up.

BOSTON617
08-03-2010, 09:48 AM
hahaha shaq to the celtics!!!!!!!!

bostncelts34
08-03-2010, 09:50 AM
God yessssss lol....once perk got back...

Rondo/Nate/bradley
Allen/von wafer
Pierce/Daniels
KG/Davis
Perk/Shaq/JO

Dont think you could find a better big man rotaton.

theducksmuggler
08-03-2010, 09:57 AM

Rondo/Nate/bradley
Allen/von wafer
Pierce/Daniels
KG/Davis
Perk/Shaq/JO

probably yes because perk is coming off a knee injury, shaq is old and run down, Jermaine oneal same as shaq. but if they are all healthy then yes they will be quite good, but i just dont see them being dominate

Steelers23_06
08-03-2010, 10:18 AM
STAY FAR AWAY FROM SHAQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was in the same boat. when cleveland was looking into getting him the season before they did i was soooo excited to see what lebron could do with him but he just slowed them down. i feel like him going to a fast paced team is a setup for failure. boston gets alot of points off fast breaks and they set alot of scrrens and run pick and rolls. Shaq does none of that!!! I dont see how this benefits the celtics. The fans hated sheed i heard it on the boston sports radio stations all the time. they said how he couldnt man up, to slow, didnt hustle, and isnt the player he once was. what the eff do they think they are getting out of shaq? this just has disaster written all over it but hey i hope it happens, makes it that much easier for the heat to run circles around them and will build up the hype for the games so bring it on.

Oakmont_4
08-03-2010, 10:36 AM
STAY FAR AWAY FROM SHAQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was in the same boat. when cleveland was looking into getting him the season before they did i was soooo excited to see what lebron could do with him but he just slowed them down. i feel like him going to a fast paced team is a setup for failure. boston gets alot of points off fast breaks and they set alot of scrrens and run pick and rolls. Shaq does none of that!!! I dont see how this benefits the celtics. The fans hated sheed i heard it on the boston sports radio stations all the time. they said how he couldnt man up, to slow, didnt hustle, and isnt the player he once was. what the eff do they think they are getting out of shaq? this just has disaster written all over it but hey i hope it happens, makes it that much easier for the heat to run circles around them and will build up the hype for the games so bring it on.

Shaq would play more with the 2nd unit, which would be more of a half court type offense when they are in the game. Typically when we get fast breaks its Rondo running the court going for a layup or a kick out to Ray Allen so I don't see that as a problem anyways.

At this point I don't count on any production from Perk, if he does play it's an added bonus but I think he would have very limited minutes comming off of that type of an injury.

So you would have KG and JO as your starting bigs and Shaq and Big Baby as your second unit. Big Baby and Shaq would take up sooo much space. Shaq also helps us when we play Orlando, having an extra big and a large body matches the Celtics up with the likes of Orlando and LA. We would be an absolute nightmare for Miami in the paint as well.

Overall I think its a great move. However it would need to be in a S&T with Cleveland. I think Sheed's contract and a 1st round pick next year would get that done. Cleveland would save cap and would get a first rounder for basically nothing. Granted its probably a late first rounder but honestly its basically for free.

avrpatsfan
08-03-2010, 10:42 AM
I'd love him in a Celtics uniform. We do need a good backup center when Perkins is out.

dhopisthename
08-03-2010, 10:43 AM

Rondo/Nate/bradley
Allen/von wafer
Pierce/Daniels
KG/Davis
Perk/Shaq/JO

I like the lakers rotation more

dnewguy
08-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Pretty sure he'll also like to join the Nets.

Wade>You
08-03-2010, 10:48 AM
If Shaq wants to join the Celtics, why doesn't he just sign the contract they're offering him?

Wade_County
08-03-2010, 10:52 AM
This would be a great signing for the Cs, I just have a hard time believing that Shaq and JO can accept coming off the bench. Maybe if it was just Perkins and 1 of the 2 but I would think Davis is the first PF off the bench to replace KG, so which Oneal replaces Perkins once hes heathly?

Steelers23_06
08-03-2010, 10:58 AM
do you notice what you just said. you want shaq to accept a 2nd unit role...not happening. this guy still thinks hes the best he doesnt even think that howard has dethroned him yet to take the superman man name. this is mermaid man from spongebob trapped in supermans body. hes old and washed up. but still thinks he can bang with the best of em. why do u think he demands so much money. bc he refuses to accept that he isnt even close to being what he used to be. although he still can be effective which you saw on game 5 of the celtics series where he was the cavs leading scorer with 21 points and 4 blocks so i think he could work well in the right system but i just dont see boston as that system. they should use that money to get tmac. he said he would take less money to goto a contender and he could fill the gap that t.a. is going to leave. plus give ray allen and pierce's old bones some rest while providing a quality scorer off the bench.

Vincent33
08-03-2010, 10:58 AM
If Boston signs/trades for Shaq, I would expect him to start, but Lil' O'neal would get more minutes. It would be interesting to see how Doc would handle a rotation when Perkins gets back. I'm sure Rondo wouldn't mind having Shaq as well and actually seeing the center catch a great pass and finish strong rather than fumbling and bumbling with it (Sorry Perk but you have awful hands).

numba1CHANGsta
08-03-2010, 11:14 AM
The Celtics, where ancient history happens :D

uprightciti
08-03-2010, 11:20 AM
the c's would do well with shaq and i think rondo, nate, paul, garrnett, allen, oneail, big baby, and perk would love to have him there.

i would loooooooove to see shaq and kobe in the finals

its very possible
seeing how those guys in miami
will all fight for dear life for 82 games

xbrackattackx
08-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Me and My friend were smoking a blunt and talking about Shaq on the Celtics and how if Shaq comes, I think Wallace stays. You guys will def be the Bad Boy team since it consist of Shaq,Wallace,Garnett,JO,Rondo and Perkins. Tough dudes. Also I don't see a lot of Celtic games here in LA. DO you guys think you will sign another SF, or just Keep Daniels backing that up?

DAZELD
08-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Shaq is all hype at this point

Somebody like Joel Przybilla who does his work and shutsup, is twice as effective as him

Wade>You
08-03-2010, 11:37 AM
the c's would do well with shaq and i think rondo, nate, paul, garrnett, allen, oneail, big baby, and perk would love to have him there.

i would loooooooove to see shaq and kobe in the finals

its very possible
seeing how those guys in miami
will all fight for dear life for 82 gamesTissue? :cry:

Giantwarrior
08-03-2010, 11:41 AM
shaq will ruin the locker room. not a good signing. to many egos.

also, shaq will hate the idea of coming off the bench when Perk is back.

this will be the Celtics downfall...next to age of course. (and KG's weak knees)

Super.
08-03-2010, 11:52 AM
shaq will ruin the locker room. not a good signing. to many egos. also, shaq will hate the idea of coming off the bench when Perk is back.

this will be the Celtics downfall...next to age of course. (and KG's weak knees)

Didn't they say that about Marbury? and Robinson?

Bring the Big Diseil to Boston, my favorite basketball player!

lakers4sho
08-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Did the Celtics finally dethrone the Spurs as the team of grandpa's?

BkOriginalOne
08-03-2010, 12:25 PM

There is a world of difference between Mike Brown and Doc Rivers.
Also, Shaq played fine in the playoffs.
I say, let him play home games and save him for the post season.
In fact, Doc Rivers should be Greg Poppavich-ing his rotation. Save the vets for the post season.

YoungOne
08-03-2010, 12:29 PM
I like the lakers rotation more

lakers just have 2 bigmen..

Meriweather31
08-03-2010, 12:29 PM
I Think We Can All Agree That Rondo Would Love Shaq On The Celtics. Shaq Actually Delivers In The Playoffs (Unlike Jermaine O'Neal), And He Actually Plays Offense (Unlike Perk). I Think He Would Also Be A Fan Favorite For Us, It's Just The Money That Is Preventing This From Happening.

Focused1
08-03-2010, 12:30 PM
If Shaq wants to join the Celtics, why doesn't he just sign the contract they're offering him?

TRUE...lol

Khalifa21
08-03-2010, 01:36 PM

Rondo/Nate/bradley
Allen/von wafer
Pierce/Daniels
KG/Davis
Perk/Shaq/JO

This isn't 2002... That's one of the oldest, slowest, most injury prone frontlines i've ever seen.

There will be huge chemistry problems when Perk returns aswell, with both O'Neals still wanting sufficient playing time.

Jack Daniels
08-03-2010, 02:37 PM
This isn't 2002... That's one of the oldest, slowest, most injury prone frontlines i've ever seen.

There will be huge chemistry problems when Perk returns aswell, with both O'Neals still wanting sufficient playing time.

Still confused as to why everyone keeps underestimating the Celtics and overlookin them. They may be old, but they've been that way the last 3 seasons and it seems to have worked out much better than you all are giving them credit for. I'm not gonna look past them until THEY give me a reason too.

Jemikz9Clutch
08-03-2010, 02:56 PM

agree. news about shaq is that he wants a "healthy slice" of playing time and be a starter. that's why the hawks are having second thoughts about him other than money. he also wants more touches of the ball in offense.

as for jermaine,he also wanted more touches on the ball. i remember him complaining about the heat's commitment to scoring in low post.

but i think there's no problem on the low post scoring coz they play half court basketball.

unwantedplayer
08-03-2010, 02:56 PM

Yet they have overcome huge egos in Marbury and Robinson, and made it to the finals 2 times in the past 3 years. Alright, whatever you say.

tking07
08-03-2010, 02:59 PM

Change teams once Lebron left?

Jemikz9Clutch
08-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Yet they have overcome huge egos in Marbury and Robinson, and made it to the finals 2 times in the past 3 years. Alright, whatever you say.

you have a point. if shaq comes to the celtics, lets hope they overcome the big egotist