PDA

View Full Version : LeBron full page ad thanking fans

Wade>You
08-03-2010, 12:12 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/08/lebron_james_takes_out_an_ad_t.html
AKRON, Ohio -- Two days after Zydrunas Ilgauskas took out an ad in The Plain Dealer to thank the fans of Cleveland for their support, LeBron James placed a similar ad in the Beacon-Journal in Akron.

The ad, which runs on the back of the paper's front section, also features photos of James from Akron events. One of the many Akron events James is involved in is his annual bike-a-thon downtown, which takes place this week. James will hand out 400 bikes on Saturday, then join a mile-long ride on South Main Street. In the past, the mile ride was followed by an eight-mile trek, but that has been canceled.

While James praised his hometown of Akron, he made no mention of Cleveland, where he played at Quicken Loans Arena for seven years as a member of the Cavs. He signed with the Miami Heat as a free agent in July.

Here is the text of the ad:

"To My Family, Friends and Fans in Akron:

"For all my life, I have lived in Akron -- and for that, I am truly a lucky man.

"It was here where I first learned how to play basketball, and where I met the people who would become my lifelong friends and mentors. Their guidance, encouragement and support will always be with me.

"Akron is my home, and the central focus of my life. It's where I started, and it's where I will always come back to. You can be sure that I will continue to do everything I can for this city, which is so important to my family and me. Thank you for your love and support. You mean everything to me."

He then signed "LeBron" at the bottom of the ad.I'm guessing that's the next thing of his they'll burn.

xbrackattackx
08-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Well I guess Z should hand him a late pass.

TheHoopsProphet
08-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Took him a whole month to write this public letter to Ohio? If its fashionable to hate lebron then consider me a fashionista.

J$mo0th_3o5
08-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Too bad they won't appreciate it:pity:

Read my sig Cleveland/Akron!

Enemey
08-03-2010, 12:20 AM
lol he is only saying that so he can go back to Akron without being harassed by the state of Ohio .

blastmasta26
08-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Kinda late, don't you think?

SouthSideRookie
08-03-2010, 12:24 AM
Lebron needs to fire his PR person cause they are terrible !

J$mo0th_3o5
08-03-2010, 12:24 AM

Better late than never:shrug:

Avenged
08-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Yeah I was thinking it's a little late as well but better late than never.

Nice words out of him though.

PHX2daDEATH
08-03-2010, 12:28 AM
he should of added "Look foward to seeing you twice a year where I'll rip your hearts out again and pound your beloved Cavs by 40"

TheHoopsProphet
08-03-2010, 12:29 AM
You know something, If I were Lebron (which I may be), I would write a public letter to the city of Cleveland. And there would be no sense of grief, no iota of shame, no sign of appreciation. Just a pure, cold-blooded "F U". What more would he have to lose in PR from that city? Plus it makes for a great marketing move. Keep in mind, villans are just as fun to watch as heroes.

gbpackers12
08-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Burn it. :burn:

RandyOreens
08-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Didnt even mention Cleveland
fans of AKRON

NaccAttack11
08-03-2010, 12:33 AM
Lebron needs to fire his PR person cause they are turrible !

fixed.

MaHaRaJaH
08-03-2010, 12:34 AM

I don't think it was his decision.

NYtilIdie
08-03-2010, 12:37 AM
That sounded a little similar to Amare's thank you letter. Oh well, its whatever.

king4day
08-03-2010, 12:41 AM
lol he is only saying that so he can go back to Akron without being harassed by the state of Ohio .

Pretty much.
I'm really surprised he waited this long.

D1JM
08-03-2010, 12:45 AM

U read mine

Tmath
08-03-2010, 12:45 AM
Lol at not thanking cleveland fans.

Lake_Show2416
08-03-2010, 12:46 AM
nice of NIKE to write something for Cav fans haha.... a month later

Lakersho
08-03-2010, 12:48 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/08/lebron_james_takes_out_an_ad_t.htmlI'm guessing that's the next thing of his they'll burn.

...tHAT OR WIPE THEIR ARSE ON IT AND MAIL IT BACK TO HIM ...:) Fans can get ugly...

Dade County
08-03-2010, 12:50 AM
I kept telling my friends, that lebron has no ties to cleveland. He is a Akron boy, all my friends told me Akron is like only 25min away from cleveland, so he is loyal to cleveland; and they said other things like, the Cavs are the only professional basket ball team in the state, so he should be loyal to them..... (wrong)

It's like I am born in Miami, and I play for a team in ft, lauderdale...... I have no ties to that community (meaning ft, lauderdale). My roots are still in Mia, and this is what some people could not understand. Lebron never had ties to cleveland, he never considered himself from that community. I've been saying this for so long, but my friends called me crazy and selfish.... what ever!

J$mo0th_3o5
08-03-2010, 12:51 AM
U read mine

:rolleyes: Again read my sig.

:eyebrow:

_KB24_
08-03-2010, 12:54 AM
This is just going to add fuel to the fire, literally.

Took him nearly a month to do it. Kudos to the guy who said Lebron needs to hire a better PR rep. His image has gone from hero to zero in less than a month.

astrotown
08-03-2010, 12:54 AM
to little to late

ecorrea
08-03-2010, 12:57 AM
wow his PR is so horrible
:facepalm:

WITZ
08-03-2010, 12:58 AM
His bike-athon in Akron held sometime soon just saying this so he can get some pity , if it was sincere it wouldn't take a month to write a letter queen James is sad.

Cradle_Rock
08-03-2010, 12:59 AM
man cleveland needs to just face the facts that the nets are no longer the worst team in the NBA

sargon21
08-03-2010, 12:59 AM
hahaha right after Big Z does it, his PR prob heard about it (big Z's ad) on PTI, just like I did, and the next thing you know lebron has a full page ad haha

Flamarlins21
08-03-2010, 01:09 AM

But never late is better.

Apophis
08-03-2010, 01:11 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/08/lebron_james_takes_out_an_ad_t.htmlI'm guessing that's the next thing of his they'll burn.

I dont think they will.. From what I read, Akron still loves him....

Took him a whole month to write this public letter to Ohio? If its fashionable to hate lebron then consider me a fashionista.

I think he took his time because of all the bad publicity he was getting.. Im not a Lebron supporter but I think he wanted things to die down first...

and it wasn't to Ohio... It was only to the city of Akron....lmao...

fans of AKRON

Lmao... That is what I find so funny.... Its like FU cleveland... Sorry my Akron fans.... He does still have his ties there and has done alot for the community in Akron...

I don't think it was his decision.

LMAO...

BoltLakerPadre
08-03-2010, 01:13 AM

Weird, the dude ditches town in the douchiest way possible, waits a month, and then copies Big Z. And everyone in Ohio is just supposed to get down on their knees and praise him for being such an upstanding, mature guy? Ha.

shamah115
08-03-2010, 01:13 AM
I bet he didnt even write it...

J$mo0th_3o5
08-03-2010, 01:15 AM
But never late is better.

Touche

Zefflin
08-03-2010, 01:21 AM
Weird, the dude ditches town in the douchiest way possible, waits a month, and then copies Big Z. And everyone in Ohio is just supposed to get down on their knees and praise him for being such an upstanding, mature guy? Ha.

^^

Wade>You
08-03-2010, 01:23 AM
I think it's awesome that he says Akron twice, but not Cleveland. :p

Zefflin
08-03-2010, 01:25 AM
It is awesome.

tredigs
hahahah @ these responses.

Lebron could cure cancer tomorrow and you kids would find a way to spin it into the Devil's work.

He wrote a thank you to his home town, who on the whole probably still (or after time, will) have mad love for him considering all the community service work he does there and the fact that he made their city relevant. Yet you hate on him because his thank you "was too little/too late"?

This wasn't an apology - it was a thank you; He doesn't owe the city a thing. Do you guys hating on him have any idea how much money/community service he has donated to this city? Some of you are so petty and pathetic, it really is hilarious.

SouthSideRookie

I hope no one is dumb enough to think that .

Zefflin
08-03-2010, 01:27 AM

Lebron could cure cancer tomorrow and you kids would find a way to spin it into the Devil's work.

He wrote a thank you to his home town, who probably still has mad love for him considering all the community service work he does there and the fact that he made their city relevant. Yet you hate on him because his thank you "was too little/too late"?

This wasn't an apology - it was a thank you; He doesn't owe the city a thing. Do you guys hating on him have any idea how much money/community service he has donated to this city? Some of you are so petty and pathetic, it really is hilarious.

Man you really care about Lebrons image. You should be his new PR Tre.

DerekRE_3
08-03-2010, 01:30 AM
Actions speak louder than words Lebron.

carter80
08-03-2010, 01:30 AM
You know something, If I were Lebron (which I may be), I would write a public letter to the city of Cleveland. And there would be no sense of grief, no iota of shame, no sign of appreciation. Just a pure, cold-blooded "F U". What more would he have to lose in PR from that city? Plus it makes for a great marketing move. Keep in mind, villans are just as fun to watch as heroes.

you wrong, villians are more fun to watch, I remember watching the last batman and looking foward to each scene the joker was in.

Enemey
08-03-2010, 01:32 AM

:laugh2:

tredigs
08-03-2010, 01:32 AM

The seething hatred/jealousy that people have for him is just ridiculous, and I have to put it on blast when it's about something as innocuous as a "thank you" to his own hometown in their local paper. It would be hilarious to see a public opinion poll comparing the former head of BP versus Lebron, I honestly don't know who would score lower.

This will all change once next season begins, but I'm getting a good laugh out of it right now. Lebron is maybe my 20th favorite player... in the eastern conference. I'm trying to be as nonarbitrary as possible.

Zefflin
08-03-2010, 01:36 AM

I would completely change my opinion from strong dislike to almost love for Lebron if he did that.

This will all change once next season begins, but I'm getting a good laugh out of it right now. Lebron is maybe my 20th favorite player... in the eastern conference. I'm trying to be as nonarbitrary as possible.

I doubt that...I don't even like him at all and I have him higher on my list...

Red222
08-03-2010, 01:37 AM
Its not the same thing he has always separated the 2 FWIW cant say i am shocked

iggypop123
08-03-2010, 01:37 AM

this is maverick carter's time not lebron.

Lakersho
08-03-2010, 01:47 AM
The seething hatred/jealousy that people have for him is just ridiculous, and I have to put it on blast when it's about something as innocuous as a "thank you" to his own hometown in their local paper. It would be hilarious to see a public opinion poll comparing the former head of BP versus Lebron, I honestly don't know who would score lower.

...I Don't know TRE, The way fans and people in general feel about Lebron .Em, might get worse when they actually see him, Especially Cleveland. Lebron , could be in for a rude awaking if he ever tries to go back home . Me myself could careless , He's everyones whippin boy for now. But the forgiven after the season starts , I don't think so...

Public Enemy #1
08-03-2010, 01:48 AM
who cares, it wasn't to Cleveland, it was to the place he grew up in.

avrpatsfan
08-03-2010, 01:49 AM
Lebron has done so much for their city. And they are ungrateful. He has done so much for that city. But he had no reason to stay. Being loyal? It's a ****ing job. He went to a better situation. I think most people don't understand that sports is a business. I don't feel loyal to the company I work with even though it's great. If I moved to Miami and took a better job nobody in the company would resent me. Cleveland fans are just being whiney. And I'm not a Heat fan :)

arkanian215
08-03-2010, 01:52 AM

I think you misread it. It clearly says Akron.

kArSoN RyDaH
08-03-2010, 01:56 AM
Yeah I was thinking it's a little late as well but better late than never.

Nice words out of him though.

him? or someone wrote it for him? lol

tredigs
08-03-2010, 01:56 AM
...I Don't know TRE, The way fans and people in general feel about Lebron .Em, might get worse when they actually see him, Especially Cleveland. Lebron , could be in for a rude awaking if he ever tries to go back home . Me myself could careless , He's everyones whippin boy for now. But the forgiven after the season starts , I don't think so...

Haha - What did he DO, exactly? Announced his decision to go to Miami on air rather than behind closed doors? He never said a word about the free agency the year leading up to it (even though he was asked about it constantly and it was talked about on air ad nauseam), and it was well within his right to leave an old/struggling "core" of players for whatever team he wanted. Just because he is the best player out there does not mean that he owes any more to the city than any other free agent; I think that's the underlying point that people are missing.

Be disappointed that he left and didn't come to your team? Sure. If you're a CLEVELAND fan it's more than fine to be pissed, but every other teams fans (especially Laker fans who are jumping at the bit to make Lebron the villain) are just a joke, in my opinion. Dislike the dude as a person all you want (I don't particularly like him or hate him), but as annoying as he can be he seems like a pretty good guy when it comes down to it.

*Never once been in trouble with the law (even though his dad's a felon who didn't raise him)
*Never once been accused of infidelity or cheating on another players wife (unlike half the NBA it seems...)
*Never talks bad about anyone, it seems.

I agree that it's fun to have a villain, I just think it's hilarious that THIS GUY is the best people can do.

zambo4president
08-03-2010, 01:58 AM
Not like it was sincere or helps him one bit.

RandyOreens
08-03-2010, 02:02 AM
Lebron has done so much for their city. And they are ungrateful. He has done so much for that city. But he had no reason to stay. Being loyal? It's a ****ing job. He went to a better situation. I think most people don't understand that sports is a business. I don't feel loyal to the company I work with even though it's great. If I moved to Miami and took a better job nobody in the company would resent me. Cleveland fans are just being whiney. And I'm not a Heat fan :)

Same could be said about Red Sox
Hello Babe Ruth and Johnny Damon

GrandDaddyPurp
08-03-2010, 02:14 AM

But never late is better. ;)

TheGsw
08-03-2010, 02:26 AM
He only did this because Big Z did it first. SMH

HakeemTheDream
08-03-2010, 02:32 AM
Kobe was the most hated player in the league after his 2003 rape case, ppl get over these things eventually. The best way to get rid of trolls is to ignore them.

toronto_JazzFan
08-03-2010, 02:36 AM

where u still a celtic fan when they lost over 50 games or something?? im sure u were one of those fans cheering M.V.P in boston for kobe so dont talk they just really passionate thats it. and im not even a cavs fan :rolleyes:

kikeyanez
08-03-2010, 02:36 AM
a little too late dont you think?

Sadds The Gr8
08-03-2010, 02:41 AM
way too late but w/e...he doesn't owe anyone jack ****.

Haha - What did he DO, exactly? Announced his decision to go to Miami on air rather than behind closed doors? He never said a word about the free agency the year leading up to it (even though he was asked about it constantly and it was talked about on air ad nauseam), and it was well within his right to leave an old/struggling "core" of players for whatever team he wanted. Just because he is the best player out there does not mean that he owes any more to the city than any other free agent; I think that's the underlying point that people are missing.

Be disappointed that he left and didn't come to your team? Sure. If you're a CLEVELAND fan it's more than fine to be pissed, but every other teams fans (especially Laker fans who are jumping at the bit to make Lebron the villain) are just a joke, in my opinion. Dislike the dude as a person all you want (I don't particularly like him or hate him), but as annoying as he can be he seems like a pretty good guy when it comes down to it.

*Never once been in trouble with the law (even though his dad's a felon who didn't raise him)
*Never once been accused of infidelity or cheating on another players wife (unlike half the NBA it seems...)

I agree that it's fun to have a villain, I just think it's hilarious that THIS GUY is the best people can do.

+1

SF-GS-SJ408
08-03-2010, 02:42 AM

Seriously this is it. Close thread done deal. Laker fans are so funny they come out in the masses to hate on Lebron, you guys are very insecure fans considering how good your team is...

DWADE4MVP!!
08-03-2010, 03:40 AM
It must be really hard for him becuz when he first came in the league he said im playing for Cleveland my family and the city of akron he was thinking about everyone except himself

Now he finally stopped thinking about everyone except himself he wants to win and win now thats y he took the guaranteed thing and that was Miami

DWADE4MVP!!
08-03-2010, 03:41 AM
Seriously this is it. Close thread done deal. Laker fans are so funny they come out in the masses to hate on Lebron, you guys are very insecure fans considering how good your team is...

just wait till we beat them in the finals watch them all hate on LeBron even more

SupeUnagi
08-03-2010, 03:43 AM
at this point, he cant win for losing
he should just lay low until the season starts, so everybody can see what a good ball player he is

maybe then he'll garner enough positive attention to do these things

Wade>You
08-03-2010, 03:44 AM
Cmon Heat fans, don't go proclaiming we're gonna beat anyone. Let our team do the talking for us, soon enough. And the NBA world will be watching.

SouthSideRookie
08-03-2010, 03:55 AM
just wait till we beat them in the finals watch them all hate on LeBron even more

Wouldnt you agree that whichever team has the best player in any series should be considered the favorite! If the Heat even reach the finals they wont have the best player in the court should it be vs the Lakers, period.

tredigs
08-03-2010, 03:58 AM
Wouldnt you agree that whichever team has the best player in any series should be considered the favorite! If the Heat even reach the finals they wont have the best player in the court, period.

No, that is ******** logic. If that were the case then Michael Jordan should have been the favorite in the 7 years before Pippen + Grant had fully developed along with their other solid role players while he failed to reach a final.

But yes, they will have the best player. I'd argue that they'd have the two best. But if Bynum + Pau are healthy and those are the two teams left at the end, it may not matter. Really though, it will be Pau + Bynum who put the Lakers over the top if that is the case. Wade + Kobe will effectively cancel eachother out. Though Kobe could still shoot 39% in the Finals again and pull another Finals MVP. Shrug

Enemey
08-03-2010, 04:01 AM

Ha I just love it how Heat fans are talking **** before the season even started and seeing how bad their team will be. You guys keep bringing up the Lakers when no laker fans says **** about miami. Lakers are gonna three-peat and it will be even sweeter when Kobes holding that Trophy and points and laugh at Lebron James and Wade.

Enemey
08-03-2010, 04:04 AM
No, that is ******** logic. If that were the case then Michael Jordan should have been the favorite in the 7 years before Pippen + Grant had fully developed along with their other solid role players while he failed to reach a final.

But yes, they will have the best player. I'd argue that they'd have the two best. But if Bynum + Pau are healthy and those are the two teams left at the end, it may not matter. Really though, it will be Pau + Bynum who put the Lakers over the top if that is the case. Though Kobe could still shoot 39% in the Finals again and pull another Finals MVP. Shrug

I think its funny how you whine and complain everyone should get a life and stop talking **** about Lebron , you come running to his aid as soon as someone says anything negative about Lebron but yet you talk **** about Kobe and its ok? HA

Zefflin
08-03-2010, 04:06 AM
Though Kobe could still shoot 39% in the Finals again and pull another Finals MVP. Shrug

Haha I love it! You really should be Lebrons PR man with the way you always edit your posts. I mean he can use a guy that actually double checks his ****.

And for your jab at Kobe, at least he doesn't choke and get swept shooting 35% in the finals...

SouthSideRookie
08-03-2010, 04:11 AM
Haha I love it! You really should be Lebrons PR man with the way you always edit your posts. I mean he can use a guy that actually double checks his ****.

And for your jab at Kobe, at least he doesn't choke and get swept shooting 35% in the finals...

I totally agree, he's always ALL UP lebrons TIP

Enemey
08-03-2010, 04:17 AM
I totally agree, he's always ALL UP lebrons TIP

Exactly.

tredigs
08-03-2010, 04:24 AM

The difference is that there isn't a thread where the trolls bash Kobe in every other post every time I come on this site. (I edit the posts to add thoughts and try to keep the clutter of multi-posts down. But word, hook me up with that PR team and I'll slide you 10% of whatever I make ; )

And as ghost as Lebron was in that finals for his standards, you have to acknowledge that he took a team (as one of the most clear #1 options of all time) to the finals at the age of 22, with a #2 who was LARRY HUGHES. That is ridiculous... the list of players who could pull that off in NBA history is insanely short.

Anyway, I'm not trying to "hate" on Kobe as much as I am putting his accomplishments in perspective. That team goes as their bigs go. If Bynum or Gasol go down, so does the team. Any rational basketball fan understands this about the Lakers. There's enough of a Kobe contingency on here that I don't feel the least bit bad about bringing him down to earth to some of you idol worshipers.

_KB24_
08-03-2010, 04:33 AM
The difference is that there isn't a thread where the trolls bash Kobe in every other post every time I come on this site. (I edit the posts to add thoughts and try to keep the clutter of multi-posts down. But word, hook me up with that PR team and I'll slide you 10% of whatever I make ; )

And as ghost as Lebron was in that finals for his standards, you have to acknowledge that he took a team (as one of the most clear #1 options of all time) to the finals at the age of 22, with a #2 who was LARRY HUGHES. That is ridiculous... the list of players who could pull that off in NBA history is insanely short.

Anyway, I'm not trying to "hate" on Kobe as much as I am putting his accomplishments in perspective. That team goes as their bigs go. If Bynum or Gasol go down, so does the team. Any rational basketball fan understands this about the Lakers. There's enough of a Kobe contingency on here that I don't feel the least bit bad about bringing him down to earth to some of you idol worshipers.

Considering how these past 3 years Bynum has been injured for significant times and has been HURT in both Finals in 09 & 10, we can still hold our own when dealing with injuries. It would be a much bigger blow losing Kobe than either Pau or Bynum in the playoffs. Any rational basketball fan can tell you that. This team goes as far as Kobe goes.

Zefflin
08-03-2010, 04:33 AM
And as ghost as Lebron was in that finals for his standards, you have to acknowledge that he took a team (as one of the most clear #1 options of all time) to the finals at the age of 22, with a #2 who was LARRY HUGHES.

Yes Tre, I will acknowledge that lebron brought a pretty damn crappy team to the finals basically all by himself and then got swept when it mattered the most, I will do that.

For your second paragraph, somebody else will take care of that for me.

Goodnight PSD.

Enemey
08-03-2010, 04:41 AM

The only reason he got to the finals was because the east was so horrible ! The cavs were the second best team in the east with 50 wins and the Pistons were the best team in the east with 53 wins, when Lebron finally met real competition he failed to win 1 game averaging 35% FG. :clap:

Enemey
08-03-2010, 04:42 AM
Considering how these past 3 years Bynum has been injured for significant times and has been HURT in both Finals in 09 & 10, we can still hold our own when dealing with injuries. It would be a much bigger blow losing Kobe than either Pau or Bynum in the playoffs. Any rational basketball fan can tell you that. This team goes as far as Kobe goes.

:clap:

tredigs
08-03-2010, 04:45 AM

Bynum was hurt but still played, and his length made a big difference while he was in there - especially against the Thunder - who they wouldn't have beaten without that length and skill in the low post. Kobe's obviously necessary to them winning also, but absolutely no more so than Pau (and on occasion Bynum. Who they prob could've used against the Celtics in '08, don't ya think). It wasn't just a random circumstance that Gasol lead that team in Win Shares during the regular AND post season - he's their most consistently great player.

Pau + Bynum are now (more than ever) the most key players if they were to play the Heat the finals. If you don't think Wade and Kobe will effectively cancel eachother out, then you're just too biased to argue with. It will be about the other guys.

On that same note, if the Lakers have to play the Rockets or Blazers in the post-season with a HEALTHY Oden or Yao, then I could just as easily see them losing right there. And that would be Kobe's to win or lose given the strength of both teams bigs, so we could really see what he's made of ; ]

Anyway - enough of this tangent - we'll just have to wait for the season to end before this is settled.

tribalpinoy
08-03-2010, 04:52 AM
It's all BS, nothing but damage control. Only Lebron nuthuggers will think it's sincere. It took Maverick and Wes this long to get him to do that and why not an ad in Cleveland, who cares if they burn it. Their arrogance is is extremely insulting. The next few months will be nothing but damge control. We'll be seeing nothing but CaBron doing charity events. I'm sure Spin Doctors are working overtime.

SouthSideRookie
08-03-2010, 04:52 AM
Im not a Laker fan, but you know why the hell I respect Kobe, cause he has not only won, but hes done it against the best, unlike Lebron that gets off against garbage and once he runs up against elite teams he cant man up. I guess 5 rings is meaningless then huh! im not trying to be all up Kobe's but its dumb how someone can be all up on Lebron when he's never won a damn thing.

SF-GS-SJ408
08-03-2010, 05:05 AM
Im not a Laker fan, but you know why the hell I respect Kobe, cause he has not only won, but hes done it against the best, unlike Lebron that gets off against garbage and once he runs up against elite teams he cant man up. I guess 5 rings is meaningless then huh! im not trying to be all up Kobe's but its dumb how someone can be all up on Lebron when he's never won a damn thing.

Who DOESN'T respect Kobe?!
You guys take this way too far. Lebron is the better player in 2010, Kobe has(d) the better teammates and was the better player throughout most of the 2000's. Laker fans get all touchy about the subject now, because they have now had their last hurrah. Phil is gone after next year, Kobe will be 33, Artest 32, Gasol 32. It's a new decade and the times have changed. The Lakers dominated the 2000's and now it is the young guns turn to dominate this decade. Please with all due respect to Laker fans, just give it up. You guys have 1-2 more realistic chances to get another ring, but you have to beat a remarkably well put together and far younger team. You guys had your time in the early part of the decade with the 2 best players in the game now let the Heat fans have theirs. Stop with the jealousy and hatred it gets everyone no where. I'm a Warriors fan, you'd think we would be jealous of you guys having seen you win year after year in our division, our state, but rather than soaking in jealousy the Warrior fans I know still watched every year and got to see amazing basketball. Now Laker fans, once you get off of Kobes jock, open your eyes and watch the present and future of basketball in front of you, that is, the Miami Heat and OKC Thunder. Lebron and Durant.

tredigs
08-03-2010, 05:06 AM

You don't understand basketball bro, or what it is that I've been saying this entire time for that matter (which was that the hate he gets about his character is ridiculous, that has nothing to do with his game). But I'm going to quote your own post in this thread to prove why you're so lost when it comes to the game as a whole:

Wouldnt you agree that whichever team has the best player in any series should be considered the favorite! If the Heat even reach the finals they wont have the best player in the court should it be vs the Lakers, period.

^Nobody who truly understands the game would ever write something like that, so I don't know what to say to you to understand my points, but I'll just say this: It's a game of matchups (exploiting mismatches, which involves solid coaching), defense (especially from the bigs) and chemistry way more so than it is "who's got da best player wins!". Once you have those other three things down, then the team with the best player should win. But if not? You're S.O.L. Lakers have all these things, guess what players former team didn't?

It's not about "being on someonez nutz!", I'm just calling it as I see it. Kobe's still a great player who I have nothing but respect for, he just gets jocked a little too hard for his own good by some of the idol-worshipers on here.

tredigs
08-03-2010, 05:11 AM
You guys take this way too far. Lebron is the better player in 2010, Kobe has(d) the better teammates and was the better player throughout most of the 2000's. Laker fans get all touchy about the subject now, because they have now had their last hurrah. It's a new decade and the times have changed. The Lakers dominated the 2000's and now it is the young guns turn to dominate this decade. Please with all due respect to Laker fans, just give it up. You guys have 1-2 more realistic chances to get another ring, but you have to beat a remarkably well put together team. You guys had your time in the early part of the decade with the 2 best players in the game now let the Heat fans have theirs. Stop with the jealousy and hatred it gets everyone no where. I'm a Warriors fan, you'd think we would be jealous of you guys having seen you win year after year, but rather than soaking in jealousy the Warrior fans I know still watched every year and got to see amazing basketball. Now Laker fans, once you get off of Kobes jock, open your eyes and watch the present and future of basketball in front of you, that is, the Miami Heat and OKC Thunder. Lebron and Durant.

Good stuff, spot on. I'm a Warriors fan too - we got it ; ]

Trouble87
08-03-2010, 05:31 AM

^ exactly

SF-GS-SJ408
08-03-2010, 05:33 AM
Good stuff, spot on. I'm a Warriors fan too - we got it ; ]

Man, I hate LA and everything it stands for, it's sports teams, it's celebrities, how crowded it is, but I am a realist I see things how they are and I don't have a biased opinion. As a true to the bone LA hater I thoroughly enjoyed watching Kobe and Shaq absolutely demolish the NBA. Some hated it, yes, usually the jealous and bitter. As much as I would have loved to watch the Lakers lose all 5 titles they won in the 2000's, I was witness to remarkable skill on the court, the most dominant big man in years if not ever and a budding superstar on the same court. I wish people could put ego aside some times and just marvel at what is put in front of them. Sure, it is ALWAYS the right thing to do to root for your team, but even in defeat, why can't people just recognize greatness when it is put in front of them?

People make threads here arguing who will be the "alpha-male" on this Heat team. Who will take the shot at the end of the game. For one, who cares? For two, you have two of the most unselfish players in the NBA on the court 2/3 of the best players in the entire world do you really think they would take a shot that is highly contested when they could just dish it off to a teammate for a better shot? I know Kobe would take the shot regardless, but that is why I believe Lebron James is the better basketball player and why I think he is more entertaining. They are both in it to win it, but Lebron does it in a far different manner. He is so much better at getting his teammates involved, so much more efficient with the basketball and he limits the same mistakes that Kobe makes by getting teammates involved when necessary rather than trying to be the "alpha-male". If you guys get off on watching 1 dude show off to his All-Star teammates trying to prove he is the alpha male taking 30 shots a game then by all means go ahead and keep thinking he is the best player. I happen to like a different brand of basketball than you guys have put together in LA. Sure I love watching the talent, but there is better talent out there in 2010. You guys and all Lebron haters think of his move to Miami as "running to a superstar", I think of it as maximizing his true talents and skills (Playmaking AND Scoring) and in the end giving him a BETTER chance to become the GOAT than he ever would have had being "THE" guy in NY,CHI or CLE.

D Roses Bulls
08-03-2010, 05:53 AM

boooooooooo............. kobe>lebron

cmellofan15
08-03-2010, 05:57 AM
I hate the fact that Kobe is brought up in every thread about LeBron. some of these Lakers fans have serious inferiority complexes.

Enemey
08-03-2010, 06:33 AM
I hate the fact that Kobe is brought up in every thread about LeBron. some of these Lakers fans have serious inferiority complexes.

It's too bad it wasn't a laker fan who brought up Kobe's name in this thread or any other other thread that has to do with Lebron. People who defend Lebron try to divert the hate to Kobe which I think is Hilarious, they're not used to this hate.

SF-GS-SJ408
08-03-2010, 06:44 AM
It's too bad it wasn't a laker fan who brought up Kobe's name in this thread or any other other thread that has to do with Lebron. People who defend Lebron try to divert the hate to Kobe which I think is Hilarious, they're not used to this hate.

Actually you're right.. Some guy named Hakeem the Dream brought it up. This was also after about 5 pages of 10+ Laker fans bashing Lebron for simply thanking his hometown.

Kobe was the most hated player in the league after his 2003 rape case, ppl get over these things eventually. The best way to get rid of trolls is to ignore them.

hyb152
08-03-2010, 06:47 AM

LOL you couldn't be more wrong my friend.

fire2last
08-03-2010, 06:47 AM
fans of AKRON

Exactly...he played for the Cleveland Cavs...not the Akron Cavs. Most of Akron still supports LeBron....it's CLE fans he probably should have done this to.

Maybe a full page article in the CPD saying how he's sorry for giving CLE a one hour middle finger on national tv...it would be a start.

hyb152
08-03-2010, 06:49 AM
The only reason he got to the finals was because the east was so horrible ! The cavs were the second best team in the east with 50 wins and the Pistons were the best team in the east with 53 wins, when Lebron finally met real competition he failed to win 1 game averaging 35% FG. :clap:

You're not very bright are you? You do realize that when he made the finals, his starting backcourt was Eric Snow and Jiri Welsch. Or wait, it might have been sasha pavlovic.... It's a miracle he even got that team to the 2nd round, let alone the NBA finals. If it werent for that 48 pt game, Detroit wouldve made it. Coaches and color commentators in the nba say that james even getting that sorry squad to the finals was a WIN in his book.

SF-GS-SJ408
08-03-2010, 06:53 AM
Exactly...he played for the Cleveland Cavs...not the Akron Cavs. Most of Akron still supports LeBron....it's CLE fans he probably should have done this to.

Maybe a full page article in the CPD saying how he's sorry for giving CLE a one hour middle finger on national tv...it would be a start.

Why don't you cry some more Cleveland, please. Since Lebron owes you guys so much... come on. Sorry your city is on the verge of collapse, but to continue crying about an athlete leaving your city a month later is pathetic. Who cares how he did it would you not be crying still if he did it by morse code through a discreet radio station in the suburbs of Cleveland? You guys need to focus on more important things, like your collapsing economy.

hyb152
08-03-2010, 06:53 AM

It's no point to compare Lebron and Kobe BECAUSE kobe has had great, great teams. Lebron hasn't had any quality teammates. I'm not knocking kobe, but he'll be the first to tell you how good his team is. If lebron had shaq in his prime and gasol, it's pretty obvious he wouldve won titles by now. But when you have devin brown, washed up wally szczerbiak, and washed up ben wallace as STARTERS, you're not gonna win any rings. Kobe had Shaq and Gasol, two dominant post players to carry the load. Who was james's "dominant" post player? Varejao? Gooden? Donyell Marshall? Anyone with a brain would realize that yes, kobe's great, but you can't say kobe's better than lebron JUST BECAUSE he's won. Now if lebron actually had some quality teammates and still lost, then you can say kobes better cuz he won. But that hasn't happened, so there's no point in comparing the two until their careers are over.

Khalifa21
08-03-2010, 06:55 AM
Kinda late LeBron... I think you've already burnt your bridges.

mynameismo
08-03-2010, 06:55 AM
Good luck..

hyb152
08-03-2010, 06:59 AM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Kobe didn't choke in the finals (except for game 7) and neither did lebron. lebron was a 1 man show facing the spurs dominant defense. Popavich is the ultimate strategizer. I can tell you didnt even watch the 2007 finals. The spurs were basically triple-teaming James because they knew his other starters DAMON JONES, JIRI WELSCH, DONYELL MARSHALL, and DREW GOODEN weren't gonna do anything.

Let's compare finals squads.

Kobe: Gasol, Artest, Bynum, Fisher
Lebron: Ilgauskus, Marshall, Snow, Gibson

Kobe's bench: Odom, Brown, Vujacic, Farmar
Lebron's bench: David Wesley, Pollard, Damon Jones, Devin Brown, Gooden

......WOW........

Nuff said. Look, i dont care about lebron or kobe. I dont like or dislike either of them. But i dont let me pride or hatred towards players control me so I make dumbass posts on here like most lebron haters or kobe lovers. Lebron didnt choke, he was getting man handled by 3 defenders at once.

Mr.ATLHawks
08-03-2010, 07:38 AM
I think this was big of Lebron. He didnt owe them ****. I mean c'mon, did Kobe apologize for being a pompous little *****, snithching, and possibly breakign up a dynasty by getting Shaq traded? No...But we all learn to forgive and forget these superstars idiosyncrasies b/c they do one thing well and thats play basketball. So EVERYONE needs to shut the **** up with all this BS and "Play Basketball"

Mr.ATLHawks
08-03-2010, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by Enemey
The only reason he got to the finals was because the east was so horrible ! The cavs were the second best team in the east with 50 wins and the Pistons were the best team in the east with 53 wins, when Lebron finally met real competition he failed to win 1 game averaging 35% FG.

Yeah the East was horrible with the defending champion Detroit Pistons who destroyed the Lakers...STFU...******

Mr.ATLHawks
08-03-2010, 07:42 AM

Yeah lets not talk about Kobe shooting 6-24 in this years Game 7 of the finals..Its not like he led them to the victory. He was very instrumental throughout the playoffs but was vintage Kobe by far...And if you remember correctly Spurs were triple-quadruple teaming lebron...

SF-GS-SJ408
08-03-2010, 07:43 AM
yeah the east was horrible with the defending champion detroit pistons who destroyed the lakers...stfu...******

lol :)

SF-GS-SJ408
08-03-2010, 08:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chdWSvVkeV4&feature=related

Case Closed/

Enemey
08-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Yeah the East was horrible with the defending champion Detroit Pistons who destroyed the Lakers...STFU...******

Yeah the east was Horrible in 2007 . The east best team had won 53 games and the second best team had won 50 games , 50 games in the west would have been 7th or 8th seed .

How were the pistons the defending champions? They won in 2004 not in 2006. :facepalm:

Enemey
08-03-2010, 08:50 AM
Yeah lets not talk about Kobe shooting 6-24 in this years Game 7 of the finals..Its not like he led them to the victory. He was very instrumental throughout the playoffs but was vintage Kobe by far...And if you remember correctly Spurs were triple-quadruple teaming lebron...

Yeah lets not start talkin about LBJs 4-18 shooting vs spurs, lol he got doubled team a couple times, they put Bruce Bowen on him and shut him down, Bowen made Lebron shoot bricks all game and when LBJ tried to get to the rim he gets blocked by Duncan. He was trying to go 1v5 and failed horrible. He was trying to do the samething against the spurs what he did to the pistons.

Enemey
08-03-2010, 08:52 AM
You're not very bright are you? You do realize that when he made the finals, his starting backcourt was Eric Snow and Jiri Welsch. Or wait, it might have been sasha pavlovic.... It's a miracle he even got that team to the 2nd round, let alone the NBA finals. If it werent for that 48 pt game, Detroit wouldve made it. Coaches and color commentators in the nba say that james even getting that sorry squad to the finals was a WIN in his book.

LBJ choked in game 6 and Gibson scored 30 for them to advance to the finals.

SF-GS-SJ408
08-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Yeah the east was Horrible in 2007 . The east best team had won 53 games and the second best team had won 50 games , 50 games in the west would have been 7th or 8th seed .

How were the pistons the defending champions? They won in 2004 not in 2006. :facepalm:

I was waiting for someone to catch that one...:) but either way just look at Lebrons game 5 performance vs that pistons team that was inhuman

SF-GS-SJ408
08-03-2010, 08:57 AM

He still went 20/14/8 and they won by 16 points.. He almost had a triple double and this was an off night LOL

Might I add he also held Tayshaun Prince to 1-10 FG and 5 Points...

S-Dot
08-03-2010, 08:59 AM
He constantly makes his clear that it's Akron that he's from, not Cleveland. I really feel he only cares for Akron...which is fine if thats how he truly feels. We can't change it.

Jaji
08-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Notice he said AKRON and not Cleveland.

Jaji
08-03-2010, 09:03 AM

Wait, didn't Kobe just choke in game 7? :shrug:

ntat
08-03-2010, 09:06 AM
This dude cant even post a thank u without following another player?! Jesus Christ....
But honestly, its about a gajillion days over due, and the fact that hewaited this long and then did it immediately after Z did it makes it suspect. I think he did it just as a small way to due some damage control in the home town.

ntat
08-03-2010, 09:12 AM
I kept telling my friends, that lebron has no ties to cleveland. He is a Akron boy, all my friends told me Akron is like only 25min away from cleveland, so he is loyal to cleveland; and they said other things like, the Cavs are the only professional basket ball team in the state, so he should be loyal to them..... (wrong)

It's like I am born in Miami, and I play for a team in ft, lauderdale...... I have no ties to that community (meaning ft, lauderdale). My roots are still in Mia, and this is what some people could not understand. Lebron never had ties to cleveland, he never considered himself from that community. I've been saying this for so long, but my friends called me crazy and selfish.... what ever!

lol are u really comparing ur highschool team and u and ur link to the community to LBJ and his link to Cleveland and him playing in the PROs? hahahaha
That analogy is awful man. LBJ was the posterboy for the community, he became the most famous player in the league there, and he embraced that image there and used it in his favor to make money. While you on the other hand, commute to play highschool ball or maaaaaaaaaybe JC ball, the community doesnt even know u r there, let alone lean on u as a city. Why, why why of all the comparisons u could have made, why did u really have to compare urself to LBJ man?! lol

RaysFan
08-03-2010, 09:13 AM

Why should Cleveland appreciate it?

Jaji
08-03-2010, 09:17 AM

You're absolutely right. I spent a lot of my childhood in Akron and Cleveland might as well be on a different planet. If anything, Cleveland is a rival to Akron. No one from Akron (at least in me and LeBron's demographic) likes Cleveland. People who think he has loyalty to Cleveland don't have an effing clue. Unfortunately you can post that a million times and they still won't get it :facepalm:.

Jaji
08-03-2010, 09:20 AM
lol are u really comparing ur highschool team and u and ur link to the community to LBJ and his link to Cleveland and him playing in the PROs? hahahaha
That analogy is awful man. LBJ was the posterboy for the community, he became the most famous player in the league there, and he embraced that image there and used it in his favor to make money. While you on the other hand, commute to play highschool ball or maaaaaaaaaybe JC ball, the community doesnt even know u r there, let alone lean on u as a city. Why, why why of all the comparisons u could have made, why did u really have to compare urself to LBJ man?! lol

LeBron has as many ties to Cleveland as Bosh has to Toronto. They both played in those respective cities for 7 years. That's IT. LeBron is not from Cleveland, he's from Akron. It's a different city, where most 20 something African Americans don't even like Cleveland. How do I know? I have family in Akron and spent many summers there growing up. Cleveland was never mentioned in a positive light.

Mr.ATLHawks
08-03-2010, 09:26 AM

So a division is "horrible" if the teams records are closer together then a division were 2-3 teams are heads and tails above the others?

SF-GS-SJ408
08-03-2010, 09:31 AM
So a division is "horrible" if the teams records are closer together then a division were 2-3 teams are heads and tails above the others?

Dude, Toronto was the 3rd seed that year. The man has a point about the conference, but that is not to take anything away from the Pistons, they were a da-mn good team

Mr.ATLHawks
08-03-2010, 09:32 AM
I was waiting for someone to catch that one...:) but either way just look at Lebrons game 5 performance vs that pistons team that was inhuman

Yeah my mistake but Miami won the previous year and they are an East Team...so its still not a valid arguement that the East was weak.

2009-2010 Los Angeles Lakers Boston Celtics 4-3 Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles
2008-09 Los Angeles Lakers Orlando Magic 4-1 Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles
2007-08 Boston Celtics Los Angeles Lakers 4-2 Paul Pierce, Boston
2006-07 San Antonio Spurs Cleveland Cavaliers 4-0 Tony Parker, San Antonio
2005-06 Miami Heat Dallas Mavericks 4-2 Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
2004-05 San Antonio Spurs Detroit Pistons 4-3 Tim Duncan, San Antonio
2003-04 Detroit Pistons Los Angeles Lakers 4-1 Chauncey Billups, Detroit Pistons
2002-03 San Antonio Spurs New Jersey Nets 4-2 Tim Duncan, San Antonio
2001-02 Los Angeles Lakers New Jersey Nets 4-0 Shaquille O'Neal, Los Angeles
2000-01 Los Angeles Lakers Philadelphia 76ers

2 Different conference 2 different styles of basketball. The East has never been weak and will never be weak.

Jaji
08-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Yeah my mistake but Miami won the previous year and they are an East Team...so its still not a valid arguement that the East was weak.

2009-2010 Los Angeles Lakers Boston Celtics 4-3 Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles
2008-09 Los Angeles Lakers Orlando Magic 4-1 Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles
2007-08 Boston Celtics Los Angeles Lakers 4-2 Paul Pierce, Boston
2006-07 San Antonio Spurs Cleveland Cavaliers 4-0 Tony Parker, San Antonio
2005-06 Miami Heat Dallas Mavericks 4-2 Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
2004-05 San Antonio Spurs Detroit Pistons 4-3 Tim Duncan, San Antonio
2003-04 Detroit Pistons Los Angeles Lakers 4-1 Chauncey Billups, Detroit Pistons
2002-03 San Antonio Spurs New Jersey Nets 4-2 Tim Duncan, San Antonio
2001-02 Los Angeles Lakers New Jersey Nets 4-0 Shaquille O'Neal, Los Angeles
2000-01 Los Angeles Lakers Philadelphia 76ers

2 Different conference 2 different styles of basketball. The East has never been weak and will never be weak.

And notice how only 2 teams from the "all powerful" West have even won a title this decade :rolleyes:.

Mr.ATLHawks
08-03-2010, 09:38 AM
And notice how only 2 teams from the "all powerful" West have even won a title this decade :rolleyes:.

Exactly...I dont see how having 3 great teams make it a "great" conference. The East "used" to be very balanced and you had 3-4 teams all competing every year. Now, supposedly, the East is alot stronger but lets face any team not named Miami or Boston is not going to make the Finals. If The knicks get Paul and Melo the Eats will no longer be competitive...every one will be playing for 4th seed and below.

Kenny Powders
08-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Who cares??? Lebron really should just keep quiet until the season starts. Every time he states something publicly, he gets bashed. When will he learn to just shut up.

The main problem with him, is that he is an egotistical media whore. Honestly who has their own hour long show to announce where he is "going to take his talents". Get over yourself. Granted you are probably the best individual player in the league, but you have won nothing.

He has gone back on his word atleast twice (going to win at least one championship for Cleveland, wants to be the leader of his own team). The guy's word holds no merit anymore.

Its speaks volumes about what is wrong with the NBA when three superstars can join the same team to try and get a title, when its obvious two of them couldn't LEAD their respective teams to the promise land.

Another beef I have is what was with the introduction of the three when they signed with the Heat. Wasn't sure if I was watching a concert/ High school prep rally, or if three grown men signed a free agent deal. No wonder 95% of fans want them to lose.

I guess I do care.

Jaji
08-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Who cares??? Lebron really should just keep quiet until the season starts. Every time he states something publicly, he gets bashed. When will he learn to just shut up.

The main problem with him, is that he is an egotistical media whore. Honestly who has their own hour long show to announce where he is "going to take his talents". Get over yourself. Granted you are probably the best individual player in the league, but you have won nothing.

He has gone back on his word atleast twice (going to win at least one championship for Cleveland, wants to be the leader of his own team). The guy's word holds no merit anymore.

Its speaks volumes about what is wrong with the NBA when three superstars can join the same team to try and get a title, when its obvious two of them couldn't LEAD their respective teams to the promise land.

Another beef I have is what was with the introduction of the three when they signed with the Heat. Wasn't sure if I was watching a concert/ High school prep rally, or if three grown men signed a free agent deal. No wonder 95% of fans want them to lose.

I guess I do care.

That's because so many people are absolutely ridiculous.

PlezPlayDKnicks
08-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Lebron is a bball player. He's shown on a few occasions that he isn't very classy. The media just wants to portray him that way. It's not his job to pretend to be something he's not. His job is to entertain by playin ball. People were led to believe he was a Grant Hill personality type when he's far from that. But he's not the worst either. He's a 25 yr old with power and money surrounded by yes men. What do people expect.

Kenny Powders
08-03-2010, 09:52 AM
That's because so many people are absolutely ridiculous.

Thats true in a sense. But you have to understand that many people seen Lebron as the heir-apparent. Even more so the Kobe. What he done stung a lot of people around the league. The way he went about it completely tarnished his image. The fact that he went back on his word adds to that. He should just lay low until the season starts and let his game do the talking. Every time he opens his mouth, something negative will come out of it. Its the nature of the beast that he, and he alone, created. He made his bed.

Mr.ATLHawks
08-03-2010, 09:57 AM

I guess I do care.

Well honestly man no Player has ever been so coveted, so followed in the media as LBJ. Kobe had alot of hype coming out of high school but he was a #18 pick with all that hype and I dont remember seeing any games of his from High School. Everyone telling your the greatest to ever to do it will eventually get to the most humble of mans head. I mean Jesus Christ ESPN has been broadcasting his games since he was in 9th Grade. I do agree they should not be allowed to do this or the NBA will become the MLB, but how do they stop it?

b_russ
08-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Sad thing is, nothing he says or does will change people's minds.

Jaji
08-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Thats true in a sense. But you have to understand that many people seen Lebron as the heir-apparent. Even more so the Kobe. What he done stung a lot of people around the league. The way he went about it completely tarnished his image. The fact that he went back on his word adds to that. He should just lay low until the season starts and let his game do the talking. Every time he opens his mouth, something negative will come out of it. Its the nature of the beast that he, and he alone, created. He made his bed.

Meh, I don't see him as going back on his word. That's like saying Shaq went back on his word when he said he would win a ring for the king. He had a goal, and they couldn't get it done. It happens.

And while some people may have a negative opinion of him now, that will change very soon. Especially once they start winning. Kobe was accused of rape and everyone hated him. He lost endorsement deals and millions of dollars. X amount of years later and I don't think anyone even remembers those days. Cheating on your wife, consensual or not, is worse than what LeBron did so I have no doubt the world will get over this.

Kenny Powders
08-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Well honestly man no Player has ever been so coveted, so followed in the media as LBJ. Kobe had alot of hype coming out of high school but he was a #18 pick with all that hype and I dont remember seeing any games of his from High School. Everyone telling your the greatest to ever to do it will eventually get to the most humble of mans head. I mean Jesus Christ ESPN has been broadcasting his games since he was in 9th Grade. I do agree they should not be allowed to do this or the NBA will become the MLB, but how do they stop it?

I guess I should rephrase that. He should be surrounded by people who have half a brain. How many people actually seen a positive coming out of "The Decision". It was doomed right from the start.

The NBA is different from baseball in a few ways, baseball rosters are so much bigger than basketball rosters, three superstars will not make a dynasty. But that is not saying baseball does not have its faults.

I am not sure how you fix it. Maybe you have player rankings, ala the Elias system in baseball, and your only allowed so many type a players, etc. Obviously, I just thought of this, so no berate me, please. But something has to be done.

Basketball players, more than any other sport crave the lime light. They want to go to the major markets. In every other sport, the superstars are spread out throughout the league.

Jayrock
08-03-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm surprised he didn't turn his apology into a 1 hour media cluster-****.

Kenny Powders
08-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Meh, I don't see him as going back on his word. That's like saying Shaq went back on his word when he said he would win a ring for the king. He had a goal, and they couldn't get it done. It happens.

And while some people may have a negative opinion of him now, that will change very soon. Especially once they start winning. Kobe was accused of rape and everyone hated him. He lost endorsement deals and millions of dollars. X amount of years later and I don't think anyone even remembers those days. Cheating on your wife, consensual or not, is worse than what LeBron did so I have no doubt the world will get over this.

Shaq wouldn't have won Lebron a title, it would have been the other way around. Lebron was the star.

I agree, what Lebron has done in no way compares to what Kobe did. But there are two sides to every story, and Kobe was never convicted, so to be politically correct, he never raped her. I don;t condone what he did though. I don't agree with adultery, but it runs rampant in major sports.

The thing that makes these two different is that every fan will see Lebron in a Heat jersey winning the majority of his 82 games in a season. Its hard to forget about that.

Enemey
08-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Exactly...I dont see how having 3 great teams make it a "great" conference. The East "used" to be very balanced and you had 3-4 teams all competing every year. Now, supposedly, the East is alot stronger but lets face any team not named Miami or Boston is not going to make the Finals. If The knicks get Paul and Melo the Eats will no longer be competitive...every one will be playing for 4th seed and below.

2007 Eastern Conference Standings
1. Detroit Pistons 53 29
2. Cleveland Cavs 50 32
3. Toronto Raptors 47 35
4. Miami Heat 44 38
5. Chicago Bulls 49 33
6. New Jersey Nets 41 41
7. Washington Wizards 41
8. Orlando Magic 40 42
9. Indiana Pacers 35 47
10. Philadelphia 76ers 35 47
11. Charlotte Bobcats 33 49
12. New York Knicks 33 49
13. Atlanta Hawks 30 52
14. Milwaukee Bucks 28 54
15. Boston Celtics 24 58

Look how bad those teams were. The Cavs were the second best team in the east and like everyone said it was a one man team . Toronto Raptors didn't even make past the first round same with the Heat the defending champs lost in the first round because they were on the decline. The only decent team was the pistons. You call that balanced?

The early 2000's you had the Lakers,Spurs, Mavericks, Trailblazers, Suns, Timberwolve's, Kings etc . These were all the elite teams.

While the East you had teams like Nets the highest wins they ever had was 52 while being the #1 seed and the pistons thats it.

After MJ retired in 1998 the east are 3-9 in finals vs the west And TWO of them were UPSETS.

Mr.ATLHawks
08-03-2010, 10:17 AM
I guess I should rephrase that. He should be surrounded by people who have half a brain. How many people actually seen a positive coming out of "The Decision". It was doomed right from the start.

The NBA is different from baseball in a few ways, baseball rosters are so much bigger than basketball rosters, three superstars will not make a dynasty. But that is not saying baseball does not have its faults.

I am not sure how you fix it. Maybe you have player rankings, ala the Elias system in baseball, and your only allowed so many type a players, etc. Obviously, I just thought of this, so no berate me, please. But something has to be done.

Basketball players, more than any other sport crave the lime light. They want to go to the major markets. In every other sport, the superstars are spread out throughout the league.

I agree on most of your points but lets face it the media has hyped, and even NBA teams cleared room for 2 years trying to throw money at Lebron. Although, I am not in disapproval/approval of "The Decision" it was for a good cause and he raised a lot of money for the Boys and Girls Club. Obviously, the city of Celeveland felt betrayed due to them feeling some sort of "ownership" to Lebron James since he was born close to there. I for one knew he wasnt going back when i saw him rip that jersey off when they lost to the Celtics. Now I know it might have been emotional but it sure didnt look like he had a "Oh well we'll get them next year" attitude. I dont blame him for any of his decisions and from what I have heard Lebron has advisors but in the end he makes all his own decisions. Love him or hate him I guess....To me Chris Bosh is an excellent player but by no means a superstar like everyone makes him out to be.

Jaji
08-03-2010, 10:19 AM

I did :D. The reason is, it was the most anticipated announcement pretty much in league history. As a big time LeBron fan, I was looking forward to the day he got out of Cleveland pretty much since they won the lottery in 03. "The Decision" gave me a specific day and time to learn the destination. It was kind of like the draft or something. Instead of any day, any time, and some random announcement or text message from a friend, I knew on July 8th, after 10 PM I would know. I didn't even watch the thing, I was just looking forward to, well, the decision.

avrpatsfan
08-03-2010, 10:21 AM
where u still a celtic fan when they lost over 50 games or something?? im sure u were one of those fans cheering M.V.P in boston for kobe so dont talk they just really passionate thats it. and im not even a cavs fan :rolleyes:
Yes I was actually. And I would never chant MVP to Kobe. The main reason that happened because a lot of Lakers fans came up to Boston and most of the Celtics fans left. I have been a Celtics fan my whole life thank you. And none of this has to do anything with my original post.

avrpatsfan
08-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Same could be said about Red Sox
Hello Babe Ruth and Johnny Damon
Not really. Babe Ruth and Johnny Damon didn't put Boston on the map. And I didn't burn my Johnny Damon jersey when he signed with our biggest rivals in the biggest rivalry in sports. And Babe Ruth? What did he do for Boston? I don't resent Ruth at all.

avrpatsfan
08-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Man this thread is going to get closed soon.

Kenny Powders
08-03-2010, 10:25 AM
I did :D. The reason is, it was the most anticipated announcement pretty much in league history. As a big time LeBron fan, I was looking forward to the day he got out of Cleveland pretty much since they won the lottery in 03. "The Decision" gave me a specific day and time to learn the destination. It was kind of like the draft or something. Instead of any day, any time, and some random announcement or text message from a friend, I knew on July 8th, after 10 PM I would know. I didn't even watch the thing, I was just looking forward to, well, the decision.

Haha of course you did. I just think there could have been a better way for him to go about it. The show was a farce. I am sure many people were looking forward to HIS decision, not THE decision.

Jaji
08-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Shaq wouldn't have won Lebron a title, it would have been the other way around. Lebron was the star.

I agree, what Lebron has done in no way compares to what Kobe did. But there are two sides to every story, and Kobe was never convicted, so to be politically correct, he never raped her. I don;t condone what he did though. I don't agree with adultery, but it runs rampant in major sports.

The thing that makes these two different is that every fan will see Lebron in a Heat jersey winning the majority of his 82 games in a season. Its hard to forget about that.

I'm not saying Kobe raped her. Chick was obviously a gold digging ho looking for a payday. But Kobe definitely gave himself a black eye for doing something that was obviously immoral.

LeBron had every right to switch teams. Scores of players do it every year.

And it's interesting you say Shaq wouldn't have won one for LeBron. Do you think he won one for Wade? He definitely helped, no matter how good a Finals series Wade had. The Heat were not a championship team before Shaq got there. He did more for Wade than any stat sheet will ever show. He gave Wade confidence, without which, nothing would ever be accomplished. He was the one hyping Wade up before any media outlet, saying he was better than Kobe even though Wade had shown nothing to support that claim at the time. I compare Wade and Shaq to a father lifting his son up closer to the basket to make the shooting easier. Sure the kid put the ball in the hoop, but it wouldn't have happened without daddy. And of course 20 and 10 and drawing constant double teams helps.

Jaji
08-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Haha of course you did. I just think there could have been a better way for him to go about it. The show was a farce. I am sure many people were looking forward to HIS decision, not THE decision.

Yeah I agree the show was a bit much. That's probably why I didn't watch it. But I loved how I knew when the decision was going to be made. It gave me something to look forward to that day. That was the positive from it IMO.

Kenny Powders
08-03-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm not saying Kobe raped her. Chick was obviously a gold digging ho looking for a payday. But Kobe definitely gave himself a black eye for doing something that was obviously immoral.

LeBron had every right to switch teams. Scores of players do it every year.

And it's interesting you say Shaq wouldn't have won one for LeBron. Do you think he won one for Wade? He definitely helped, no matter how good a Finals series Wade had. The Heat were not a championship team before Shaq got there. He did more for Wade than any stat sheet will ever show. He gave Wade confidence, without which, nothing would ever be accomplished. He was the one hyping Wade up before any media outlet, saying he was better than Kobe even though Wade had shown nothing to support that claim at the time. I compare Wade and Shaq to a father lifting his son up closer to the basket to make the shooting easier. Sure the kid put the ball in the hoop, but it wouldn't have happened without daddy. And of course 20 and 10 and drawing constant double teams helps.

I understand and agree that Lebron has every right to switch teams, but the way he went about it is what really upsets me. I don't know him personally, but some of his actions have influenced the way I think about him.

The 2006 Shaq and the 2010 Shaq were completely different players. He was 37 when he was in Cleveland. Granted he would have been a father figure, but he has become, somewhat, a shell of his former self.

TheTakeOver24
08-03-2010, 10:42 AM

He wrote a thank you to his home town, who on the whole probably still (or after time, will) have mad love for him considering all the community service work he does there and the fact that he made their city relevant. Yet you hate on him because his thank you "was too little/too late"?

Jaji
08-03-2010, 10:44 AM
I understand and agree that Lebron has every right to switch teams, but the way he went about it is what really upsets me. I don't know him personally, but some of his actions have influenced the way I think about him.

The 2006 Shaq and the 2010 Shaq were completely different players. He was 37 when he was in Cleveland. Granted he would have been a father figure, but he has become, somewhat, a shell of his former self.

Oh absolutely. Shaq is almost a joke now. In Miami he was the 2nd best C in the game at the time behind Yao. Sadly, he may be around 5th now but that just shows you how few quality centers there are today. But yeah, there's no comparing Shaq in Miami to Shaq in Cleveland. I just don't like how people say Wade won it by himself when the Heat couldn't get past the 2nd round before Shaq got there and haven't been out of the 1st since he left. Shaq was huge part of that championship team. He was more of a mascot in Cleveland :laugh2:.

Pistol_Pete
08-03-2010, 11:02 AM

Yeah, that's what happens when your marketing/management/pr/etc are all people from high school with no actual training or experience.

Honestly, it's a slap in the face. Amare did it to the fans of Phoenix about a month ago. Z did it a few days ago and now LeBrons follows. Maybe he meant to do it all along, maybe not. Whatever it is, he nows looks like he he just did it to look good and I actually think it makes him look worse.

Edit: Wow. I guess I missed a part of the story, a big part. The ad was in the Akron paper NOT Cleveland, and did not that "Cleveland" fans. Don't know how I could miss that, but now it looks even worse to me.

xbrackattackx
08-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Man you really care about Lebrons image. You should be his new boyfriend Tre.

xbrackattackx
08-03-2010, 11:18 AM

Yea okay. Last season everyday We/Lakers Fans got on someone was posting something about how the Cav's are gonna win it all.Kobe's too old. And Lebron is Better then Kobe. And Kobe Rape's people. And other asinine comparisons until we won again and Lebron left his team. Well Kobe got a chance to be hated on now it's Lebrons turn. Lebron doesn't check this board so hes not gonna see you defending him and send you a message thanking you, or a picture of his lower lip quivering. So you can knock off acting like this guy is your "20th" favorite player, and go ahead and put your "Bandwagon Heat Fan" sig and show your newly acquired heat colors proudly.

Wade>You
08-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Not really. Babe Ruth and Johnny Damon didn't put Boston on the map. And I didn't burn my Johnny Damon jersey when he signed with our biggest rivals in the biggest rivalry in sports. And Babe Ruth? What did he do for Boston? I don't resent Ruth at all.Prove a point and burn your Johnny Damon jersey, you can be like all the cool people in Cleveland (make sure you video tape so we can all see).

:)

Dade County
08-03-2010, 11:35 AM

LOL...... everything that you just typed was crazy........ I would never want to be LBJ....... God has a plan for me, and playing sports is not in those plans.

I was letting it be known, that lBJ has no ties to cleveland, he is from Akron, and his actions and the news article proves that.

You would like him to have loyalty to cleveland but he does not and never will, don't get mad at me; point your anger at Lebron james....... smh.

What the hell are you talking about, me playing high school ball, and my community, where did that come from....... Seriously are CRAZY? :confused:

xbrackattackx
08-03-2010, 11:37 AM
LOL...... everything that you just typed was crazy........ I would never want to be LBJ....... God has a plan for me, and playing sports is not in those plans.

I was letting it be known, that lBJ has no ties to cleveland, he is from Akron, and his actions and the news article proves that.

You would like him to have loyalty to cleveland but he does not and never will, don't get mad at me; point your anger at Lebron james....... smh.

What the hell are you talking about, me playing high school ball, and my community, where did that come from....... Seriously are CRAZY? :confused:

I think he's mad at you dade.

Dade County
08-03-2010, 11:41 AM

You're absolutely right. I spent a lot of my childhood in Akron and Cleveland might as well be on a different planet. If anything, Cleveland is a rival to Akron. No one from Akron (at least in me and LeBron's demographic) likes Cleveland. People who think he has loyalty to Cleveland don't have an effing clue. Unfortunately you can post that a million times and they still won't get it :facepalm:.

Thank you :clap: ..... people just don't understand.

I think he's mad at you dade.

I think he is another HATER mad at lbj ............ and he is redirecting his anger at me...... smh!

Ray_R
08-03-2010, 11:58 AM
The should of stated that on his hour special.

Brooklyn Mets
08-03-2010, 12:13 PM
he is just trying to save face..
burn the letter hahaa :smoking:

dbeastly
08-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Lakers fans you have no reason to hate Lebron, so just STFU.

scutch11
08-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Yeah, that's what happens when your marketing/management/pr/etc are all people from high school with no actual training or experience.

Honestly, it's a slap in the face. Amare did it to the fans of Phoenix about a month ago. Z did it a few days ago and now LeBrons follows. Maybe he meant to do it all along, maybe not. Whatever it is, he nows looks like he he just did it to look good and I actually think it makes him look worse.

Edit: Wow. I guess I missed a part of the story, a big part. The ad was in the Akron paper NOT Cleveland, and did not that "Cleveland" fans. Don't know how I could miss that, but now it looks even worse to me.

this. through this whole thing thats really been a major point, that its apparent that his pr and marketing is run by 25 year olds.

i wonder how his cavs teammates feel about all of this. for the last two years weve been spoonfed about how close lebron and his teammates are, with the pictures before games and everything, and he didnt mention them once in the decision

i would love to see how they play against him when the heat play the cavs, in terms of physicality and everything else

Big Quett
08-03-2010, 01:29 PM
this

Sadds The Gr8
08-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Lakers fans drink haterade daily. They **** talk about Lebron, Celtics, the Heat, the Mavs...anyone pretty much.

20GoodTimes20
08-03-2010, 01:45 PM
classless

Giantwarrior
08-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Lebron should have made a sequel to "the Decision"

and make another 1hr special called, "The Apology."

JonnyBrav000
08-03-2010, 01:50 PM

Lebron is a copy cat, Big Z did this first and he actually meant it, Lebron probably wanted to slight Cleveland by doing this.

JonnyBrav000
08-03-2010, 01:51 PM

LOL hilarious

MackSnackWrap
08-03-2010, 02:14 PM
he should of added "look foward to seeing you twice a year where i'll rip your hearts out again and pound your beloved cavs by 40"

lmfao

tredigs
08-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Yea okay. Last season everyday We/Lakers Fans got on someone was posting something about how the Cav's are gonna win it all.Kobe's too old. And Lebron is Better then Kobe. And Kobe Rape's people. And other asinine comparisons until we won again and Lebron left his team. Well Kobe got a chance to be hated on now it's Lebrons turn. Lebron doesn't check this board so hes not gonna see you defending him and send you a message thanking you, or a picture of his lower lip quivering. So you can knock off acting like this guy is your "20th" favorite player, and go ahead and put your "Bandwagon Heat Fan" sig and show your newly acquired heat colors proudly.

So your hero got "bashed" by the resounding majority of the league when they correctly called Lebron the better player, and now you're taking the opportunity to jump on the Lebron-hate bandwagon because "itz our turn!". Gotchya - Just wanted to make sure that was as juvenile as it sounded when I first read it. Go ahead and believe that I'm some huge Lebron/Heat fan if it lets you sleep like a baby, but it won't change the fact that nearly every impartial/intelligent NBA fan on this board backs up my side. The bitter (half the Bulls fans), the younger and the Laker's fans are having a field day with the blind hate, though - while we're laughing at you guys for how childish and jealous you are that FOR ONCE a "Super-Team" wasn't created in L.A.

Melo15
08-03-2010, 02:40 PM

Lol well played man.

TheBay30
08-03-2010, 03:29 PM
**** lebron

Jaji
08-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Lebron is a copy cat, Big Z did this first and he actually meant it, Lebron probably wanted to slight Cleveland by doing this.

Did you just say "copy cat"? :laugh2:

SupeUnagi
08-03-2010, 04:56 PM
it's dying down. i guess the media needed someone else to beat up on since brett was taking so long

they'll make up for all of this when lebron is number one on every sportscenter top 10 and the comparisons to jordan will no doubt favor him again as well

they have done the same thing to brett since his first retirement.
and of course the casual fans will follow the media as they always do, leading to "the king" reclaiming his throne

SundaeBest
08-03-2010, 06:46 PM

If we suffer from an inferiority complex, then you suffer from a superiority complex....your team hasn't won diddly yet and you're acting as if it's a sure thing they'll make the Finals, let alone win.

lakersfan211
08-03-2010, 09:17 PM

the 3 butt-buddies dont stand a chance against us in a 7 game series , save this .

lakersfan211
08-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Lakers fans you have no reason to hate Lebron, so just STFU.

everyone hates him accept you people in miami .

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Should have said that after you bit your lip on national television whilst telling people you were going to take your talents to South Beach.

Too Little, Too Late (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=224cFIIDHNA)

dtmagnet
08-03-2010, 10:14 PM
He copied Roy Halladay.

SouthSideRookie
08-03-2010, 10:15 PM
You don't understand basketball bro, or what it is that I've been saying this entire time for that matter (which was that the hate he gets about his character is ridiculous, that has nothing to do with his game). But I'm going to quote your own post in this thread to prove why you're so lost when it comes to the game as a whole:

^Nobody who truly understands the game would ever write something like that, so I don't know what to say to you to understand my points, but I'll just say this: It's a game of matchups (exploiting mismatches, which involves solid coaching), defense (especially from the bigs) and chemistry way more so than it is "who's got da best player wins!". Once you have those other three things down, then the team with the best player should win. But if not? You're S.O.L. Lakers have all these things, guess what players former team didn't?

It's not about "being on someonez nutz!", I'm just calling it as I see it. Kobe's still a great player who I have nothing but respect for, he just gets jocked a little too hard for his own good by some of the idol-worshipers on here.

Damn homegirl you're still running that little mouth of yours, you're worst than my girlfriends. I would figure anyone can see im a Rocket fan, out of all fans you're dumb enough to think a Rocket fan wouldnt know about mismatches or chemistry also plays a role in a series. Keep spitting against the wind with you're nonsense, it's actually becomed hilarious for alot of us.

SouthSideRookie
08-03-2010, 10:19 PM
You guys take this way too far. Lebron is the better player in 2010, Kobe has(d) the better teammates and was the better player throughout most of the 2000's. Laker fans get all touchy about the subject now, because they have now had their last hurrah. Phil is gone after next year, Kobe will be 33, Artest 32, Gasol 32. It's a new decade and the times have changed. The Lakers dominated the 2000's and now it is the young guns turn to dominate this decade. Please with all due respect to Laker fans, just give it up. You guys have 1-2 more realistic chances to get another ring, but you have to beat a remarkably well put together and far younger team. You guys had your time in the early part of the decade with the 2 best players in the game now let the Heat fans have theirs. Stop with the jealousy and hatred it gets everyone no where. I'm a Warriors fan, you'd think we would be jealous of you guys having seen you win year after year in our division, our state, but rather than soaking in jealousy the Warrior fans I know still watched every year and got to see amazing basketball. Now Laker fans, once you get off of Kobes jock, open your eyes and watch the present and future of basketball in front of you, that is, the Miami Heat and OKC Thunder. Lebron and Durant.

I see TRE has a sister joined her to be on Lebums tip, What, you got his left sack and TRE has the right one, lol, its all good sisters, I guess all that losing you see with your Warriors got to you !

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Damn homegirl you're still running that little mouth of yours, you're worst than my girlfriends. I would figure anyone can see im a Rocket fan, out of all fans you're dumb enough to think a Rocket fan wouldnt know about mismatches or chemistry also plays a role in a series. Keep spitting against the wind with you're nonsense, it's actually becomed hilarious for alot of us.

Tredigs is smarter than a good 95-97% of the NBA forum community. Just saying.

SouthSideRookie
08-03-2010, 10:34 PM

LOL, thats like saying Lebum is the classiest guy in the NBA

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 10:38 PM
LOL, thats like saying Lebum is the classiest guy in the NBA

I'll acknowledge three things :

a.) You called him LeBum. Very immature. I don't like the guy, but that's just inappropriate.

b.) Your join date is July 2010. You haven't been here NEARLY enough to know who the good posters are. Tre is one.

c.) You have a little over 2 hundred posts. You still haven't learned your way.

SouthSideRookie
08-03-2010, 10:39 PM

But yes, they will have the best player. I'd argue that they'd have the two best. But if Bynum + Pau are healthy and those are the two teams left at the end, it may not matter. Really though, it will be Pau + Bynum who put the Lakers over the top if that is the case. Wade + Kobe will effectively cancel eachother out. Though Kobe could still shoot 39% in the Finals again and pull another Finals MVP. Shrug

We all come here and give our opinions, but obviously someone here gets bent out of shape if someone disagrees, no need to say retarted. Every damn forum the same thing happens, I've never said anything but I dont appreciate someone trying to get personal, maybe its the time of the month for them but thats not my problem or fault.

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 10:43 PM
We all come here and give our opinions, but obviously someone here gets bent out of shape if someone disagrees, no need to say retarted. Every damn forum the same thing happens, I've never said anything but I dont appreciate someone trying to get personal, maybe its the time of the month for them but thats not my problem or fault.

While I do agree his approach was immature, yours was just as immature back. Ever heard of the phrase, "That makes you just as bad as them." That holds true. If you just leave him with that statement, he'll look a lot stupider. I like tre, but saying that's ******** logic is a bit out there.

SouthSideRookie
08-03-2010, 10:48 PM
While I do agree his approach was immature, yours was just as immature back. Ever heard of the phrase, "That makes you just as bad as them." That holds true. If you just leave him with that statement, he'll look a lot stupider. I like tre, but saying that's ******** logic is a bit out there.

Lets just agree to disagree, the short time ive been here ive seen him do the same to alot of others. Ive never said anything but him using the "retarted logic" I didnt appreciate. BTW, number of posts is nothing but a number, belive me, ive seen people with thousands of posts say things like the Knicks will win ring this year!

29$JerZ
08-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Akron, Akron, Akron
No Cleveland :shrug:

RadiantShot
08-03-2010, 10:54 PM
Lets just agree to disagree, the short time ive been here ive seen him do the same to alot of others. Ive never said anything but him using the "retarted logic" I didnt appreciate. BTW, number of posts is nothing but a number, belive me, ive seen people with thousands of posts say things like the Knicks will win ring this year!

Well, when you're around here longer, you're taken a lot more seriously. I know it's a big stereo-type, but it happens. And if you want to 'agree to disagree,' that's fine. I'm just saying the logic behind his posts are usually spot-on.

Melo15
08-03-2010, 10:56 PM
I live in Akron and on a couple of the local radio stations they asked the listeners whether or not they still liked LeBron and would root for him, best responses ever lol. Needless to say he doesn't have much love even in Akron right now.

If he really goes through with his bike-a-thon Saturday he is an idiot. Does he realize how truly dangerous that could be for him? I get that its just sports and all but these are Cleveland fans and they're downright crazy. For his sake he should just cancel it.

SouthSideRookie
08-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Well, when you're around here longer, you're taken a lot more seriously. I know it's a big stereo-type, but it happens. And if you want to 'agree to disagree,' that's fine. I'm just saying the logic behind his posts are usually spot-on.

They must make sense to you but not to me, your opinion, its all good, imagine if we all had the same opinion or beliefs, how borring !!!

Zefflin
08-03-2010, 11:00 PM

Damn...where have I been for all of your good posts Tre?? You holding out on me?

Haha, I love f-ing with him...all in good fun T.

Avenged
08-03-2010, 11:05 PM

Like Radiant has said, Tre is certainly one of the better posters on this forum. Though I can understand your frustration since he usually has a grudge against the Lakers and the fans. :p

SouthSideRookie
08-03-2010, 11:07 PM
BTW, I dont in any way form my opinion or beliefs by what i read on here, I come here to read others peoples opinion and state my own. So I really could care less if anyone disagrees with me or im not taken serious. Thats life in general, cant live it based on others opinion, anyways lets get back to topic

tredigs
08-03-2010, 11:49 PM

I'm a complete a-hole sometimes, especially when somebody writes something that I consider to be... illogical ("********" was def brash and immature, so apologies that it offended you). I'm all for people having opinions, but if they're just flat wrong and it's said with an emphasis (!!!) that I consider ignorant or trollish, then I have trouble holding myself back.

Just read Avenged's posts; the guy's a Laker fan yet somehow I still enjoy reading what he has to say [especially when he calls me a better poster ;] - so it's not about your opinion, it's about the reasons and the way it's said.

If there were more posters like that than this entire forum would benefit greatly (no hate on Miami whatsoever, but the influx of stupid/trollish around here has been getting a little intense over the last month or two).

Am I rambling? I think so. That's all I have to say on the matter.

edit: Although I WILL say that this place would benefit so much from a "Lebron James" sub-forum, then I wouldn't have to read this **** every time I'm on here - as he's the polarizing figure behind most of the ridiculous threads on here. I'm serious about that, too. The quality of content on the main forum would be way higher if that existed. I'll even promise never to enter it -- oh and Zefflin, **** off ; ]

cle12152433
08-04-2010, 12:24 AM
I live in Akron and on a couple of the local radio stations they asked the listeners whether or not they still liked LeBron and would root for him, best responses ever lol. Needless to say he doesn't have much love even in Akron right now.

If he really goes through with his bike-a-thon Saturday he is an idiot. Does he realize how truly dangerous that could be for him? I get that its just sports and all but these are Cleveland fans and they're downright crazy. For his sake he should just cancel it.

+2

People who arent from Ohio dont get it. "Oh Akron is half an hour away blah blah blah". NO. Akron, Canton, Youngstown, and Cleveland are all part of this little inter-connected circle. Dont tell the people there they arent connected to Cleveland.

We will always get shots in the mouth from people who dont get it. We will get over it, and every time a north-east Ohioan sees a post like that, they will laugh, but sadly people wont understand how idiotic they are when they say Lebron is from Akron, not Cleveland.

Its almost like a person being from the North side of Chicago (Cubs territory) playing for the White Sox, leaving VIA FA, and people saying he wasnt connected to the Sox. Same goes for a Yankees player being from Queens.

So all you who say Akron isnt connected to Cleveland. You are WRONG.

Wanna challenge me on this? Go ahead. I dont care. No matter what you say, your wrong.

If you think I am being a dick, I apologize if I have offended you. But I have continuously see posts like that since BEFORE the "Lebronathon", and its BS.

papisupremo
08-04-2010, 01:21 AM
+2

People who arent from Ohio dont get it. "Oh Akron is half an hour away blah blah blah". NO. Akron, Canton, Youngstown, and Cleveland are all part of this little inter-connected circle. Dont tell the people there they arent connected to Cleveland.

We will always get shots in the mouth from people who dont get it. We will get over it, and every time a north-east Ohioan sees a post like that, they will laugh, but sadly people wont understand how idiotic they are when they say Lebron is from Akron, not Cleveland.

Its almost like a person being from the North side of Chicago (Cubs territory) playing for the White Sox, leaving VIA FA, and people saying he wasnt connected to the Sox. Same goes for a Yankees player being from Queens.

Wanna challenge me on this? Go ahead. I dont care. No matter what you say, your wrong.

If you think I am being a dick, I apologize if I have offended you. But I have continuously see posts like that since BEFORE the "Lebronathon", and its BS.

there it is.

lebron will never be half the man kobe is. and im a knicks fan who spent most of the last decade hating on kobe. but lebron's lack of loyalty and competitive drive is what i dislike about him. look at ron artest, he's been tryin to play for the knicks since he got drafted. and when i get drafted by the knicks, ill never leave cuz thats been my dream since a lil kid. anyone ever see that movie mr deeds? nuff said!

Sadds The Gr8
08-04-2010, 03:01 AM

im in the 3-5%. Just sayin.:cool:

mistrghetto
08-04-2010, 03:03 AM
blame dan gilbert

isuk
08-04-2010, 03:03 AM
**** lebron. hes a ****ing *****

_KB24_
08-04-2010, 03:12 AM
The guy definitely needs new PR. Kornheiser ripped on Queen James today on PTI.

rhaas74
08-04-2010, 06:42 AM

They are aloud to do that on ESPN? I didn't know it was possible.

S-Dot
08-04-2010, 08:36 AM

Do you know where I can find that. Korheiser and Wilbon usually make great points.

_KB24_
08-04-2010, 07:22 PM
They are aloud to do that on ESPN? I didn't know it was possible.

I didn't know they were "aloud" to as well :laugh2:

nastynice
08-04-2010, 08:33 PM

seriously, i love watchin lebron ball he's nice with it, but wow this summer he has just been possibley the dumbest athlete to ever play bball...

nastynice
08-04-2010, 08:42 PM
even though i practice all the time, i cant even shoot a basket when i play bball

Jaji
08-04-2010, 11:32 PM
+2

I disagree. I spent a lot of time in Akron growing up and most people in me and LeBron's demographic (20 something year old African American males) hate Cleveland. All the time I spent in Akron, I never heard one good thing about Cleveland. Never met one Cavs or Browns fan (although I do know some Indian fans, weird). LeBron has made it clear that he considers Akron his home, not Cleveland and that's what I saw my entire youth, the "eff Cleveland" mentality. Might be different outside of that demographic but LeBron's attitude is consistent with what I saw growing up.

Jays Claw
08-05-2010, 12:34 AM
It's too late to try and pacify the angry fans of Cleveland. Oh wait, I mean Akron. ;)

cle12152433
08-05-2010, 12:59 AM
I disagree. I spent a lot of time in Akron growing up and most people in me and LeBron's demographic (20 something year old African American males) hate Cleveland.

Im sure Akron is made up of more than just 25 year old black people

All the time I spent in Akron, I never heard one good thing about Cleveland.

I dont believe this at all.

Never met one Cavs or Browns fan (although I do know some Indian fans, weird)

Im sure they are there.

_KB24_
08-05-2010, 01:46 AM
I disagree. I spent a lot of time in Akron growing up and most people in me and LeBron's demographic (20 something year old African American males) hate Cleveland. All the time I spent in Akron, I never heard one good thing about Cleveland. Never met one Cavs or Browns fan (although I do know some Indian fans, weird). LeBron has made it clear that he considers Akron his home, not Cleveland and that's what I saw my entire youth, the "eff Cleveland" mentality. Might be different outside of that demographic but LeBron's attitude is consistent with what I saw growing up.

That makes no sense. The Browns are worshipped in the Greater Cleveland area, even with their dismal success.

cle12152433
08-05-2010, 11:47 AM
that makes no sense. The browns are worshipped in the greater cleveland area, even with their dismal success.

+2

Chacarron
08-05-2010, 11:49 AM
How sweet. Lebron is a good man :rolleyes:

The Miami Cheat
08-05-2010, 11:56 AM
he couldn't even mention cleveland just akron

Wade>You
08-05-2010, 11:58 AM
he couldn't even mention cleveland just akronIt's always been like that with LBJ, is this the first time you notice he always talks about Akron and never Cleveland?

Six Pack
08-05-2010, 12:07 PM
The bitter people around here are now calling LeBron the new Scotty Pippen, a sidekick.

Jaji
08-05-2010, 01:01 PM
That makes no sense. The Browns are worshipped in the Greater Cleveland area, even with their dismal success.

I'm speaking from experience. Primary source. How much time have you spent in NE Ohio? Okay.

Lebromer
08-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Great apology. Doubt it will make a difference though.
Some people are very bitter.

Baller1
08-05-2010, 01:44 PM
You people are unbelievable. The man apologized, what the **** more do you want him to do? He made one mistake, ONE. I'll admit, he should've never done "The Decision", but that is no reason for the entire NBA fanbase to completely shun and disappreciate the man. I honestly think it's unfair and pathetic.

_KB24_
08-05-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm speaking from experience. Primary source. How much time have you spent in NE Ohio? Okay.

Seems like you need to get out more often, kid. Browns fans are some of the most die-hard fans in the entire nation. How can a municipal in a larger county not be rooting for the same team in terms of fans? Thats like the Seahawks aren't rooted for in Redmond because they are not in "Seatlle".

Jaji
08-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Seems like you need to get out more often, kid. Browns fans are some of the most die-hard fans in the entire nation. How can a municipal in a larger county not be rooting for the same team in terms of fans? Thats like the Seahawks aren't rooted for in Redmond because they are not in "Seatlle".

Again, I'm speaking from experience. Primary source. How much time have you spent in NE Ohio? Okay.

grandelement
08-06-2010, 12:00 AM
Cavs and haters are just like a dog barking and howling at the moon(lbj) now Those dogs don’t even know why they are barking and howling at the moon. The moon (LBJ) don’t care. The moon(LBJ) is so far away. The dog can’t touch the moon(LBJ). The dog can’t shut the moon(LBJ)off. The moon (LBJ) just sits there and SHINES REGARDLESS And Eventually, the dog's will get tired of barking, and they, too, has to admire at the moon(LBJ) as it shines So Just let the moon (LBJ) shine, dog's Just let the moon SHiNe lOl

GSW 2013 CHAMPS
08-06-2010, 12:35 AM
Legacy ruined.

cle12152433
08-06-2010, 12:45 AM
You people are unbelievable. The man apologized, what the **** more do you want him to do? He made one mistake, ONE. I'll admit, he should've never done "The Decision", but that is no reason for the entire NBA fanbase to completely shun and disappreciate the man. I honestly think it's unfair and pathetic.

When was this?

ldawg
08-06-2010, 05:30 AM
Dang why Miami no Boston Lakers?

Baller1
08-06-2010, 12:08 PM
When was this?

When was what?

Melo15
08-06-2010, 12:45 PM

I've spent my entire life here in NE Ohio and you couldn't be further from the truth. Akron has become huge fans of the Cavs since LeBron joined them and have been huge Browns fans since I was born. To say that we never have anything nice to say about Cleveland is as far away from the truth as you can be man. Sure we joke about Cleveland but we still like Cleveland. The community feels like he chose Miami over everyone here because guess what.............he did. Guess who was at most of Cavs games? Akron residents. LeBron has many times said he wanted to bring a championship to Cleveland and everyone in this area believed him. They feel betrayed, they praised him like a king and covered up a lot of wrong doings and then he leaves them.

I work at a sports store in Akron and as you can imagine I get a good variety of fans from the area and I was curious how they would respond. I really thought the people in this area were more LeBron fans instead of being true Cavs fans but it seems to be the opposite. For every person that comes in saying that they still like LeBron at least 30 people come in saying they hate him.

Jaji
08-06-2010, 01:12 PM
I've spent my entire life here in NE Ohio and you couldn't be further from the truth. Akron has become huge fans of the Cavs since LeBron joined them and have been huge Browns fans since I was born. To say that we never have anything nice to say about Cleveland is as far away from the truth as you can be man. Sure we joke about Cleveland but we still like Cleveland. The community feels like he chose Miami over everyone here because guess what.............he did. Guess who was at most of Cavs games? Akron residents. LeBron has many times said he wanted to bring a championship to Cleveland and everyone in this area believed him. They feel betrayed, they praised him like a king and covered up a lot of wrong doings and then he leaves them.

I work at a sports store in Akron and as you can imagine I get a good variety of fans from the area and I was curious how they would respond. I really thought the people in this area were more LeBron fans instead of being true Cavs fans but it seems to be the opposite. For every person that comes in saying that they still like LeBron at least 30 people come in saying they hate him.

I'm talking about people in me and LeBron's demographic: 20 something year old African American males. I know LeBron didn't grow up a Cavs fan, he was an MJ fan. And out the scores and scores of 20 something year old African American males, none of them like the Cavs either. I said "I don't know any Cavs fans from Akron who fall into that demographic" and you're telling me I'm wrong? So I do know some 20 something year old African American males who like the Cavs??? Hmmmm, that's news to me. But thank you for informing me of that :rolleyes:.

Jaji
08-06-2010, 01:19 PM

And also, what part of NE Ohio are you from? Akron specifically? Because that's specifically what I'm talking about: Akron. And like you yourself said, many Akron residents became fans of the Cavs since LeBron joined the team. This means they're not true Cavs fans.

And LeBron said he wanted to bring Cleveland a ship because he did want to. It didn't happen. Karl Malone wanted to bring Utah a championship too. Barkley wanted to win one, so did Reggie Miller. Wanting to win one doesn't mean its going to happen.

And he did choose Miami over NE Ohio. So what? Who wouldn't? My cousins in Akron would LOVE to move to Miami. Does that make them bad people?

td0tsfinest
08-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Is Lebron trying to one up Z?

Almost a month late. When Bosh left Toronto, he had a letter for the fans the day after.

BOSTON617
08-06-2010, 01:43 PM
And also, what part of NE Ohio are you from? Akron specifically? Because that's specifically what I'm talking about: Akron. And like you yourself said, many Akron residents became fans of the Cavs since LeBron joined the team. This means they're not true Cavs fans.

And LeBron said he wanted to bring Cleveland a ship because he did want to. It didn't happen. Karl Malone wanted to bring Utah a championship too. Barkley wanted to win one, so did Reggie Miller. Wanting to win one doesn't mean its going to happen.
And he did choose Miami over NE Ohio. So what? Who wouldn't? My cousins in Akron would LOVE to move to Miami. Does that make them bad people?

good comparison..... nicley said

cle12152433
08-06-2010, 01:59 PM

How are you comparing Lebron to Malone and Miller?

Malone played almost twenty years in Utah and then played a meaningless and unproductive season in LA. Miller retired a Pacer.

LeBron decided he didnt want to work at it and quit.

tredigs
08-06-2010, 02:48 PM
How are you comparing Lebron to Malone and Miller?

Malone played almost twenty years in Utah and then played a meaningless and unproductive season in LA. Miller retired a Pacer.

LeBron decided he didnt want to work at it and quit.

Listen dude, that sucks that you're from Cleveland and you guys were so g'damn attached to this kid - but he tried. He put up one of the best 7 year stretches that the NBA has ever seen, and played out of his mind 95% of the time during the playoffs as well. When year after year you're stuck with a cast that you can't count on to bail you out offensively if you're not feeling it, I'm sure that wears on a player. The guy wanted to play with people who could HELP HIM WIN, and I'm sure that he also thought he would have a lot more fun with his life living in Miami than ****ing Cleveland. Can't say I blame the guy.

Also, Malone played for one of the top organizations (coaching/management) in the league and alongside a top 3 point guard of ALL TIME. I'm sure that helps ease the pain of not wanting to look for other help mid-way through your career. God I hope Cleveland gets the #1 draft pick so that city doesn't commit mass-suicide.

shep33
08-06-2010, 03:09 PM
LBJ needs new advisors... I think we can all agree on that.

DCsports
08-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Is Lebron trying to one up Z?

Almost a month late. When Bosh left Toronto, he had a letter for the fans the day after.

Toronto wasn't burning his jersey 5 minutes after he left.

CrotchetyOldMan
08-06-2010, 03:24 PM

Dude...whatever, you've never even been to Akron in your life...must be some kind of baitin miami fan...either that or you've just never left your mom's basement in Akron in your whole life...I grew up in Akron, lived there almost 30 years and recently moved, and ALL the people I know including your demographic of 25 year old African American Males were and are Cleveland fans...Browns and Cavs particularly...Where are YOU really from?...Pittsburgh?

CrotchetyOldMan
08-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Cavs and haters are just like a dog barking and howling at the moon(lbj) now Those dogs donít even know why they are barking and howling at the moon. The moon (LBJ) donít care. The moon(LBJ) is so far away. The dog canít touch the moon(LBJ). The dog canít shut the moon(LBJ)off. The moon (LBJ) just sits there and SHINES REGARDLESS And Eventually, the dog's will get tired of barking, and they, too, has to admire at the moon(LBJ) as it shines So Just let the moon (LBJ) shine, dog's Just let the moon SHiNe lOl

Uhhh...yeah...Moon still plays for the Cavs...what the hell are you talking about...

Dallas Tx4Life
08-06-2010, 03:29 PM
I can't believe this was such big news.... :facepalm: "He didn't say Thanks, Cleveland!!!!" Let's break into live **** just so people hear about this! :facepalm: X 10

JuggernautJ
08-06-2010, 07:35 PM
:bla:

Jaji
08-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Dude...whatever, you've never even been to Akron in your life...must be some kind of baitin miami fan...either that or you've just never left your mom's basement in Akron in your whole life...I grew up in Akron, lived there almost 30 years and recently moved, and ALL the people I know including your demographic of 25 year old African American Males were and are Cleveland fans...Browns and Cavs particularly...Where are YOU really from?...Pittsburgh?

Maaaan STFU! Don't tell me where I'm from or where I've been. I'm from Buffalo, NY. I couldn't care less about hating on your garbage Browns or your garbage Cavs. I've been to Akron probably hundreds of times. 90 W to 271 to 77. I know that route like the back of my hand. My cousins grew up on Dover off of Copley Rd. 3 of them went to Central Hower High School and one went to Buchtel. Their grandfather and mother both teach at Akron U which is a dumb name because its really the University of Akron, not Akron University.

And anyone who has seen me post on this site knows I'm not a Heat fan, I'm a LeBron fan and its because of my Akron roots.

Now, are there any other WRONG assumptions you'd like to make?

DeyAce
08-06-2010, 08:47 PM
December 2nd...thats all what matters.

cle12152433
08-06-2010, 08:48 PM
December 2nd...thats all what matters.

Nah....nobody is tuning in to watch the actual game, they just wanna see a riot....

stawka
08-06-2010, 08:51 PM
What I find disturbing is 2 months ago when LeBron was a Cav, PSD was filled with "Cleveland is a shithole. Nobody would want to play there. Don't be surprised if LeBron leaves too".

Now it's all about "ZOMG bro. LeBron left Cleveland, he is a dog, that's his hometown. I hate LeBron".

Can anyone care to explain?

cle12152433
08-06-2010, 08:52 PM
What I find disturbing is 2 months ago when LeBron was a Cav, PSD was filled with "Cleveland is a shithole. Nobody would want to play there. Don't be surprised if LeBron leaves too".

Now it's all about "ZOMG bro. LeBron left Cleveland, he is a dog, that's his hometown. I hate LeBron".

Can anyone care to explain?

Anyone who said that were probably Cleveland haters, just like people now are Miami haters....

DeyAce
08-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Nah....nobody is tuning in to watch the actual game, they just wanna see a riot....

True that. I wanna buy tickets so bad, but I'm sure its already sold out.

cle12152433
08-06-2010, 09:05 PM
True that. I wanna buy tickets so bad, but I'm sure its already sold out.

Nah, single game tix aint on sale yet. Plus theres ebay, stub hub, and ticketmaster. You could easily scalp, but I wouldnt cuz you will pay $500 a ticket behind a beam....

Move in quickly and you should be okay...I on the other hand am gonna sit in my living room and cuss and scream and throw whatever I want and not risk being thrown out....

mikealike305
08-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Nah, single game tix aint on sale yet. Plus theres ebay, stub hub, and ticketmaster. You could easily scalp, but I wouldnt cuz you will pay $500 a ticket behind a beam....

Move in quickly and you should be okay...I on the other hand am gonna sit in my living room and cuss and scream and throw whatever I want and not risk being thrown out....

lol we should start an over/under on how many people get arrested or kicked out of that game, or better yet over under on how far into the game before its canceled lol

cle12152433
08-06-2010, 09:10 PM
lol we should start an over/under on how many people get arrested or kicked out of that game, or better yet over under on how far into the game before its canceled lol

Im telling you 10 cent beer night is the way to go....

Jaji
08-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Im telling you 10 cent beer night is the way to go....

:cheers:

cle12152433
08-06-2010, 09:30 PM
:cheers:

:drool:

eric1501
08-06-2010, 09:55 PM
but never late is better.

drake!!! Beast!!!

Melo15
08-06-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm just waiting for whenever they do the "kiss cam" during the games. You know d*** well Gilbert is going to have them put a picture of Delonte and Gloria up there lol.

kntresistheheat
08-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Actual footage of lebron thanking Akron and Cleveland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COsX7WEJrZ8