PDA

View Full Version : Shaq / T-Mac / Allen Iverson = NO LOVE

Frankroc_MIYAYO
08-02-2010, 08:16 PM
What's Going on with these 3 players:

Shaq - First it was Atlanta for sure, then it was Boston who looked at him. What's going on with Shaq? Would love to see him finish his career on Top but don't see too many contending teams taking a chance with the Center that's brought so much to the game.

Tracy McGrady - Okay, thought for sure he was a Bull but then something about a bad workout? Hmm what's going on with that? T-Mac lost it you're telling me? He seems to be a great addition to any bench in the NBA. What's going on there?

Allen Iverson - Really no news on AI other than that he's trying to make a comeback - Please don't go to China AI! The NBA can use you, you just need to find the right fit.

So my question to all PSD users out there:

What are you're predictions/wishes for these 3 individuals?

Here are mine:
1. Shaq - return to LA and make ammends with LA finishing your career with the team that you did the most damage. (Even as a Heat fan I would love to see that!) Although I think he'll end up in Boston (The BIG GREEN)

2. T-Mac - would love to see you in Chicago as I think that would be the best fit for him. However he'll probrobaly end up overseas with S.Marbury

3. A.I. - At first I wanted him in Miami but after I read P.Riley doesn't want any other BIG Names on the roster it makes sense that we passed on the guy. For some reason A.I. I feel would be a great asset to Clevland. He'll probably cost less and is a BIG enough name to fill the seats now that L.James is gone.

What's your take on the situation?

C-Dub
08-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Shaq goes to Denver in s&t involving Afflalo and gets revenge on Kobe and wins a ring.

Tmac goes to the Bulls

AI goes to Denver and wins a ring with Shaq after they lose afflalo

;) wishful thinking.. but AI and Tmac are my 2 favorite players and id love to see this.

cabernetluver
08-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Shaq goes Europe, AI goes to Europe, Tmac goes to ESPN.

NYKalltheway
08-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Shaq goes to Europe(Italy or Turkey, maybe Olympiakos of Greece but they are reducing their overall salary budget). I'm sure he wants to be remembered as a player who won really everything that mattered in basketball, by adding the Euroleague trophy. No real contender can afford him though

Allen Iverson goes to either Europe or China. Possibly China if his demands are too high.

Tracy McGrady finally signs with an NBA team for a 2 year contract then moves to Europe

HabsFan87
08-02-2010, 08:50 PM
What happened with AI with Philly again? Brought the fans out of their seats for once in the last 5 years, I figured it wouldn't hurt to bring him back for another season with the salary he made. What happened there?

Frankroc_MIYAYO
08-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Shaq goes to Europe(Italy or Turkey, maybe Olympiakos of Greece but they are reducing their overall salary budget). I'm sure he wants to be remembered as a player who won really everything that mattered in basketball, by adding the Euroleague trophy. No real contender can afford him though

Allen Iverson goes to either Europe or China. Possibly China if his demands are too high.

Tracy McGrady finally signs with an NBA team for a 2 year contract then moves to Europe

LOL - What's up with Europe getting all of our once great All-Stars?

It's crazy but I think all these European suggestions might be right. Sad really because all 3 of these dudes deserve to be in the NBA. Even if it's by name alone!

cabernetluver
08-02-2010, 08:58 PM
LOL - What's up with Europe getting all of our once great All-Stars?

It's crazy but I think all these European suggestions might be right. Sad really because all 3 of these dudes deserve to be in the NBA. Even if it's by name alone!

Their ego won't let them play for what they would have to take. For example, Shaq is a 10-15 minute backup at best. How much do you pay your relief center who has no upside? 2 million. That is a lot of money, but not compared to what he has been getting.

97NYer
08-02-2010, 09:05 PM
If Shaq ended up in the Euroleague that would be great for basketball there.

mikealike305
08-02-2010, 09:08 PM
retire retire retire

Dade County
08-02-2010, 09:16 PM
I think all 3 of them should go to Charlotte. They will not when a ring, but they can play their ***** off, and make the bob cats into a respectable team. So they can leave the league, with their heads held high, at the end of their carriers.

But if anyone of them wants to win a ring, they need to go to M.i.a or L.A period

promixxer
08-02-2010, 09:17 PM
problem with these players is that there ego will not let them take a back seat. they all want to start or get there minutes.

another Problem is that the best yrs for these guys is long gone on the defensive side of the floor. T-mac can move his feet and shaq is slow as a diesel trying to keep up with fast cars. I will say that AI might have a legit shot but he still demands the ball and most teams don't need that style of play.

smith&wesson
08-02-2010, 09:27 PM
i wanna see ai and tmac sign in clevland and shaq resign there too.

mowill
iverson
tmac
jameson
shaq

off the bench
anthony parker
varagao
hickson

thats a nice 8 man rotation.

both iverson and tmac get to start, and will be happy

Khalifa21
08-02-2010, 09:51 PM

mowill
iverson
tmac
jameson
shaq

off the bench
anthony parker
varagao
hickson

Imagine that team in 2002... :drool:

Frankroc_MIYAYO
08-02-2010, 10:17 PM

mowill
iverson
tmac
jameson
shaq

off the bench
anthony parker
varagao
hickson

You know what I never thought of that. This seems like an excellent idea! But do you think Clevland Owner Dan Gilbert would bye off on that.

Plus it will hinder the development of JJ Hickson and limit the playing time of J.Graham who they are high on. (Don't ask me why:confused:)

Anyway, thanks for the input that does make for good basketball.

Raph12
08-02-2010, 10:22 PM
They all join Starbury and dominate China:
PG - Marbury
SG - Iverson
SF - McGrady
PF - W/E
C - Shaq

BkOriginalOne
08-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Iverson has gotten the least amount of love.
Shaq has gotten a lot of love, actually. Playing with Kobe, Wade and Lebron all in the last 7-8 years.
Even Tmac got sent to a promising place. Injury is the only thing holding back.
Iverson, is too old to do ALL of the things you used to do. Still, he could easily be a 15-20 point 6 assist player of the bench, but no one is even asking. That's no love.

Vikingfan84
08-02-2010, 10:35 PM
I think them all uniting in Cleveland sounds the best. And they all can be starters. Great idea!

mikealike305
08-02-2010, 10:40 PM
I think them all uniting in Cleveland sounds the best. And they all can be starters. Great idea!

would be very interesting

Vikingfan84
08-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Iverson has gotten the least amount of love.
Shaq has gotten a lot of love, actually. Playing with Kobe, Wade and Lebron all in the last 7-8 years.
Even Tmac got sent to a promising place. Injury is the only thing holding back.
Iverson, is too old to do ALL of the things you used to do. Still, he could easily be a 15-20 point 6 assist player of the bench, but no one is even asking. That's no love.

Out of the 3, Iverson offers the most. I think he would be a great fit in Miami either as the starting PG or the 6th man. At least he's willing to come off the bench.

I still think Iverson should just go back to Philly where the fans appreciate him. I think that's best for all of these aging veterans. Go back to where the fans enjoyed you and understand what you bring to the table. Even if you can't do what you used to, they know what you were once capable of and won't get on your back too much.

The Hawks could pick up Shaq and T-Mac. It would fill the arena.

Bibby
JJ
T-Mac
J-Smoov
Horford

The question is, can Tracy keep up? LOL!

Shaq should go back to Orlando and take Penny Hardaway with him. LOL! Maybe even T-Mac with his cousin VC!!!

Bruno
08-02-2010, 10:55 PM
My question is, what was the last year a potential core trio of Shaq/Iverson/T-Mac would have been favorites to win the title?

2007, or do we have to go back further? 2007 is the last year that trio could have been legitimate title contenders, if all healthy.

RenegadeRiot36
08-02-2010, 11:10 PM
its weird, the same thing is happennig in the nfl. old superstars are getting no love whatsover for some reason. teams want to see what their young talent can do

Geargo Wallace
08-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Shaq to Chi town

Cap'nCrunch40
08-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Shaq = I Hope He Retires, But I'd Say He Goes To Boston Or A Smaller Market Team Like Atlanta Or Cleveland.

Tracy = I Think He Signs With A Contender , As He Tries To Prove That He Still Got It.

A.I. = I Hope He Signs With The Heat, They Give Him The Best Chance To Win, Sign With Them Or The Lakers Haha But Seriously, Probably A Small Market Team, Like The Minnesota Khan's Or The Bobcats.

Cradle_Rock
08-02-2010, 11:19 PM
i don't think bulls is the best fit for t-mac. he can still play, like in his debut game with the knicks, he lit up. if he can just find a team that doesn't have that go to scorer, then he can do some good for that team.. allen iverson i think can still be an elite. people are really underrating how good he really was and still is. i think he is better than some of the starting point guards right now.

xbrackattackx
08-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Indeed. No Love.

REALLYYYYY?
08-03-2010, 12:41 AM
bulls need to just sign t-mac already

nearyG
08-03-2010, 12:53 AM
they will all sign with the same team....they are the new big three...lol

FOBolous
08-03-2010, 01:02 AM
AI and Tmac are not getting any interest from teams because both of their egos are too big and they have trouble accepting lesser roles. both of them expect to either be "the man" on whatever team they're play for and that's just not going to happen. they need to learn to be better team players and accept whatever role teams give them or else they'll end up like Marbury.

SMH!
08-03-2010, 01:43 AM
Man i want all these guys to sign somewhere at least!

illegallover
08-03-2010, 03:19 AM
These guys get no love because they have gotten lazy and out of shape.
Look at Ray Allen the consummate peferectionect, he has more work ethic in his pinky, than these 3 egomaniacs

djeller1139
08-03-2010, 03:48 AM
I wish the Warriors would have signed Iverson instead of Jannero Pargo :sigh:

Flojo
08-03-2010, 04:14 AM
What's Going on with these 3 players:

Tracy McGrady - Okay, thought for sure he was a Bull but then something about a bad workout? Hmm what's going on with that? T-Mac lost it you're telling me? He seems to be a great addition to any bench in the NBA. What's going on there?

What's your take on the situation?

Pretty sure nothing went wrong with the workout, per say. Bulls just aren't confident that he'd willingly accept a role on the bench, especially after his per/post workout interviews where he said he feels up/wants to start. An article did come out today saying that the Bulls haven't fully ruled him out though.

In the end, I hope he ends up with Chicago. If we can convince him to play 10-15 off the bench to start, he could really contribute, while building up to a starting position if he appears up to it. Rudy is arguably a better fit, but he's not worth Taj.

JayW_1023
08-03-2010, 04:46 AM
any team with these three guys joining forces will have godawful chemistry. won't happen.

Cradle_Rock
08-03-2010, 09:07 AM
I wish the Warriors would have signed Iverson instead of Jannero Pargo :sigh:

but i think i remember AI saying he didn't wanna get benched, and well stephen curry is kinda their star player.

YW8
08-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Imagine if you will, being a season ticket holder of the team with the worst record in the NBA, going into the off season you have enough cap space to be in the LeBron sweepstakes and all you have to show for it are 3 former Timberwolves and Brian Cook. You have just experienced NBA purgatory, the LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS.
We could have signed SHAQ, T-MAC and AI; but NO!! Why would Donald Sterling want to put an intriguing, fun experiment on the court for a year, when there is always a chance to be in the lottery next year?