PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to end the Don Nelson era in G.S?

spreadeagle
08-02-2010, 06:35 PM
With Chris Cohan officially out as owner of the Warriors, Bay Area fans are elated hes finally gone. Since they are so happy about the end of his unsuccessful tenure, the fans will have a bit of a honeymoon period with new owner Joe Lacob. While fans will give Lacob a year or two to turn things around, he and his ownership team have important decisions to make right now. The most pressing of those decisions is whether or not to retain Don Nelson for the final year of his contract, something the Warriors should not do.

http://dimemag.com/2010/08/time-to-end-the-don-nelson-era-in-golden-state/

All I know is Don Nelson screws up my fantasy ALL THE TIME am I right!? lol

DerekRE_3
08-02-2010, 06:40 PM
It needed to end like 2 years ago.

djeller1139
08-02-2010, 06:42 PM
It needs to end ASAP. No point in dragging this on any longer...

Sadds The Gr8
08-02-2010, 06:47 PM
It needed to end like 2 years ago.

stole my answer.

KDM1986
08-02-2010, 06:51 PM
It is definitely time for this to end but the problem is who do you hire to take over? I really dont know who would be a good fit for this team. Any ideas?

Khalifa21
08-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Yes... It's been time to end the Don Nelson ever since the failure of a season after the great playoff run.

SNYmets86
08-02-2010, 06:55 PM
is time for him to bounce ... goldenstate got good talents , now they need a good coach to take over

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-02-2010, 06:56 PM
There hasn't been any era in G.S when Nelson was there!

97NYer
08-02-2010, 07:06 PM
They have a very solid core with Curry/Ellis/Lee. They need to learn to play the right way.

Ware_Spencer
08-02-2010, 07:46 PM
They should go after Tyron Corbin (Utah Jazz assistant). They need structure. Corbin has been learning under Sloan for awhile now.

They should focus on doing the pick and roll with Curry & Lee. I think both of them could increase there efficiency. The thing that the Warriors need most is structure. And the Jazz organization of course is very structured. I think running the rest of the system would benefit some of the roles players also. They can still run also but something similar to the Jazz offense. To increase the talents of Curry & Lee. And when the pick & roll does not work the motion offense to free Ellis would be deadly also.

xbrackattackx
08-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Absolutely.

S-Dot
08-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Unfortuantely that team's best year in the last decade was a first round upset over Dallas in 2007. It may be time for them to go in a new direction, especially since they have new ownership.

I love Don Nelson's coaching style, and he has the most wins. Unfortunately, that team isn't getting the playoffs enough

BrotherRedz
08-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Nellie Ball doesnt DIE!!!!

Go replace Stan Van Gundy, Orlando Needs Nellie Ball since that roster can really shoot 3's

Kakaroach
08-04-2010, 11:12 AM
They should go after Tyron Corbin (Utah Jazz assistant). They need structure. Corbin has been learning under Sloan for awhile now.

They should focus on doing the pick and roll with Curry & Lee. I think both of them could increase there efficiency. The thing that the Warriors need most is structure. And the Jazz organization of course is very structured. I think running the rest of the system would benefit some of the roles players also. They can still run also but something similar to the Jazz offense. To increase the talents of Curry & Lee. And when the pick & roll does not work the motion offense to free Ellis would be deadly also. Noooo I want Corbin to take over when Sloan decides to retire. :(

Anyway, it is the end. I've been reading reports he's out of there since the season ended.

IversonIsKrazy
08-04-2010, 03:29 PM
It was fine before, because they didn't really have any pieces to compete or rebuild with. But now with Stephen Curry I think they need a new system with DEFENSE so they can develop Curry with some defense so they can have a very bright future. Of course, it'll be hard to get rid of Donnie, since he said he would coach for Free. They really do need a new system with defense tho.

thekmp211
08-04-2010, 03:42 PM
his run ended after they beat dallas

jackdawson
08-04-2010, 03:44 PM
GS is a miserable team because of him. So he needs to go. He should have gone long time ago.

GSW Hoops
08-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Yes... It's been time to end the Don Nelson ever since the failure of a season after the great playoff run.

GS almost won 50 games the following season :facepalm:

bahama0811
08-04-2010, 04:01 PM
It should've ended a while ago. He's had his moments and the team has been decent but they just need someone new in there.

arkanian215
08-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Wasn't there some stats thing that said Don Nelson was one of the top coaches in terms of adding wins to a team? I forget where it came from but it was definitely brought up on PSD before.

kikeyanez
08-04-2010, 04:14 PM
give him one more year! honor his contract