PDA

View Full Version : Magic vs Heat To Start The Season

DAZELD
08-02-2010, 11:18 AM
http://www.iamagm.com/news/2010/08/02/magic.open.new.arena.matchup.heat

This is a good look I think for the NBA. New arena. Florida rivalry.

Kingdre619
08-02-2010, 11:21 AM
"The season-opening Heat-Magic game will be played on Thursday, Oct. 28, and broadcast on TNT"
http://www.iamagm.com/news/2010/08/02/magic.open.new.arena.matchup.heat

This is a good look I think for the NBA. New arena. Florida rivalry.

cant wait

SB1
08-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Good way to start the season

BrotherRedz
08-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Good to see how Heat will matchup against Big Dwight and Shooters

and to see if Eric Spo will stupidly double-teaming Dwight

xbrackattackx
08-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Let's go Magic!

HOZ THE KNICK
08-02-2010, 11:27 AM
nice!

Brooklyn Mets
08-02-2010, 11:28 AM
good matchup but Heat Lakers would be better

ManRam
08-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Amazing!!

It will be the best 1-0 start to the season ever when we win ;)

xbrackattackx
08-02-2010, 11:29 AM

Slow down Bruh Bruh, we gotta have something for Christmas.

kjoke
08-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Amazing!!

It will be the best 1-0 start to the season ever when we win ;)

yep the heat are gonna pummle the magic :D

Derick713
08-02-2010, 11:30 AM
It's a very interesting match-up. It'll be interesting to see how the Celtics scheme to defend the Heat. Can't wait to see the Heat play the Lakers.

Out of the match-ups this is the one that provides the least amount intrigue. The Heat only have to worry about the Lakers, Celtics, and Magic in that order. The Magic will be a good match-up since they won't be overwhelmed by the Heat's athleticism. I imagine the Lakers and Celtics will have a hard time dealing with the Heat's athleticism.

All I know is that most of Sports Nation can't wait to see this team play. I think there are many who are looking past the NFL season to see this team play.

Niro
08-02-2010, 11:32 AM
nice cant wait

97NYer
08-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Slow down Bruh Bruh, we gotta have something for Christmas.

It's Lakers/Thunder on Christmas

goeatfish63
08-02-2010, 11:47 AM
anyone know when the full schedule is released?

Melo15
08-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Should be a good way to start the year off.

blastmasta26
08-02-2010, 11:51 AM
It's a very interesting match-up. It'll be interesting to see how the Celtics scheme to defend the Heat. Can't wait to see the Heat play the Lakers.

Out of the match-ups this is the one that provides the least amount intrigue. The Heat only have to worry about the Lakers, Celtics, and Magic in that order. The Magic will be a good match-up since they won't be overwhelmed by the Heat's athleticism. I imagine the Lakers and Celtics will have a hard time dealing with the Heat's athleticism.

All I know is that most of Sports Nation can't wait to see this team play. I think there are many who are looking past the NFL season to see this team play.
You don't think Miami has to worry about Orlando as much as Boston? What about Dwight, whether or not he has a post game by then, he will be hard to handle. Miami has very little interior defense outside of Joel Anthony.

king4day
08-02-2010, 11:58 AM
I don't get this at all.
No matter who you put the Heat against to start the year, it will draw crazy good ratings.
Why waste it against Orlando in the season opener?

Kashmir13579
08-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Nice..

srfr4life
08-02-2010, 12:04 PM
I don't get this at all.
No matter who you put the Heat against to start the year, it will draw crazy good ratings.

Why is it wasted by Orlando? Is this because you don't care much for Orlando? Or cause you don't think it's a worthy match up?

Dade County
08-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Their bringing thee SHOW, to O town on opening day. The orlando fans should be very excited by this. I can see bad blood, manifesting from this game though. This is going to leave a bad test in the orlando fans mouth, when all is said and done.

GO Heat !!!

Jack Daniels
08-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Why is it wasted by Orlando? Is this because you don't care much for Orlando? Or cause you don't think it's a worthy match up?

Don't take that statement personal, I think he was saying from a marketing standpoint, the Heat/Magic game is a ratings getter so why use this card that early when the heat could play anyone in the opener and get massive ratings because a ton of people want to see this group play together.

blastmasta26
08-02-2010, 12:06 PM
I think he's saying Orlando is a good team, and you don't need to put a good team like Orlando against Miami since everyone will want to see the game. So he's saying a matchup like this should happen later.

camador22
08-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Great opening day matchup. It should've been Boston and Miami to kick off the season or Miami at Cleveland :)

dhopisthename
08-02-2010, 12:08 PM
I don't get this at all.

I agree. assuming that these teams will be good for the whole year they would have gotten good numbers almost any game that they played although they will have 3 more games which is probably why they had these two play, with the nba hoping it isn't a blowout either way

xbrackattackx
08-02-2010, 12:09 PM
it's lakers/thunder on christmas

<3333

Lord Leoshes
08-02-2010, 12:10 PM

They are saving that one for Christmas.

srfr4life
08-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Don't take that statement personal, I think he was saying from a marketing standpoint, the Heat/Magic game is a ratings getter so why use this card that early when the heat could play anyone in the opener and get massive ratings because a ton of people want to see this group play together.

I guess you can tell I'm a little passionate about my team. I'll go with what you and Nino Brown say. Benefit of the doubt.

king4day
08-02-2010, 12:11 PM

Sorry I should have been more clear.

Orlando is guaranteed to draw good ratings against the Heat no matter when they play each other.
I'm most definitely looking forward to this game.
I'm talking TV perspective. They could put the Heat against the Dleague Select team and have a record rating night.

Jack Daniels
08-02-2010, 12:15 PM
I guess you can tell I'm a little passionate about my team. I'll go with what you and Nino Brown say. Benefit of the doubt.

No worries, it's better to be passionate than complacent...

Lord Leoshes
08-02-2010, 12:15 PM
You don't think Miami has to worry about Orlando as much as Boston? What about Dwight, whether or not he has a post game by then, he will be hard to handle. Miami has very little interior defense outside of Joel Anthony.

We were 3rd in the league last year with Beasley, & Q as our starting F's & Arroyo starting at PG most of it as well.

The Heat franchise is built on it,s defense, & defense has never bin the problem.

offense was the problem, & it doesn't look like that will be a problem now either.
:eyebrow:

king4day
08-02-2010, 12:16 PM

Trust me it's gonna be a great game and I'll be pullin for Orlando as I have the last couple years.
The big advantage this gives the Magic is, if the Heat chemistry isn't there yet, Orlando might roll over them. Counts as a division game win and it's a game the Magic might struggle with or lose later in the year when Miami's chemistry is in place (not to say the Heat can't or won't win this one anyway).

Khalifa21
08-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Great opening game... Can't wait.

Raph12
08-02-2010, 12:34 PM
That's good, then we can say we were the first team to give "Miami Thrice" a loss.

S-Dot
08-02-2010, 12:40 PM

Is this confirmed?

ManRam
08-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Sorry I should have been more clear.

Orlando is guaranteed to draw good ratings against the Heat no matter when they play each other.
I'm most definitely looking forward to this game.
I'm talking TV perspective. They could put the Heat against the Dleague Select team and have a record rating night.

Your logic is right, but even though it is the Heat, and they'll pull in a rating higher than any of the Finals games last year regardless of who they play in game 1, matching them up verse Orlando, in their new stadium, is still a great idea.

The league would love nothing more than seeing this rivalry really grow into something amazing. This matchup will provide more talk, hype and speculation leading up to the game and after the game pertaining to how good the Heat are because they are playing a great team (even though concluding anything after their first game is just a stupid thing to do). The hype meter is undoubtedly higher. If the Heat were playing the Pacers, they'd still draw a big crowd, but the spotlight won't be any bigger than game 1 of the Heat's season (until the playoffs)...so I think the NBA made the right decision here. You want to come out of the gates with as big of a bang as possible, and this is probably the best way to achieve that (sans maybe them playing LA, but they should save that).

It's great for Orlando too. The new stadium will get a lot more attention than it would otherwise because of this game.

Sadds The Gr8
08-02-2010, 12:41 PM
great game.

srfr4life
08-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Trust me it's gonna be a great game and I'll be pullin for Orlando as I have the last couple years.
The big advantage this gives the Magic is, if the Heat chemistry isn't there yet, Orlando might roll over them. Counts as a division game win and it's a game the Magic might struggle with or lose later in the year when Miami's chemistry is in place (not to say the Heat can't or won't win this one anyway).

Now that is an excellent point.

Master Mind
08-02-2010, 12:55 PM
I would have probably went Miami @ New York, or even Miami @ Cleveland :p

But nonetheless I expect Orlando to bring their A game, wouldn't want to lose the first game at the spanking new arena.

Baller1
08-02-2010, 01:10 PM

**** yeah. I didn't hear this, but I can't wait for that.

Slimsim
08-02-2010, 01:10 PM
I can't wait till basketball season

h2r09
08-02-2010, 01:21 PM
that is pretty stupid to not have the heat''s first game at home. really stupid in fact.

MagicHero3
08-02-2010, 01:32 PM
IM SO EXCITED. this is ridiculous. The crowd will be NUTS in this game, def will be a factor.

goeatfish63
08-02-2010, 02:00 PM
IM SO EXCITED. this is ridiculous. The crowd will be NUTS in this game, def will be a factor.

i think it'll be a mix considering miami is only a 4 hour drive from orlando

scutch11
08-02-2010, 02:02 PM
realistically the only matchups that would be better than this are lakers-heat or cavs-heat in cleveland (that one is gonna be WILD)

this is a great one to start i cant wait!!!

mikealike305
08-02-2010, 02:05 PM
That's good, then we can say we were the first team to give "Miami Thrice" a loss.

lol na chill....... its going to be a good game tho

Jonathan2323
08-02-2010, 02:05 PM
3 months away :sigh:

AT least football season is coming up.

mikealike305
08-02-2010, 02:08 PM
realistically the only matchups that would be better than this are lakers-heat or cavs-heat in cleveland (that one is gonna be WILD)

this is a great one to start i cant wait!!!

what?? lakers heat i understand but did u just say cavs heat would be a better match up?? how would the best team in the NBA beating up on the worst team be a good match up? i guess if u like drama and soap opras maybe but a real NBA fan doesnt care for that game

king4day
08-02-2010, 02:14 PM
i think it'll be a mix considering miami is only a 4 hour drive from orlando

Plus, Heat fans will be craving to see their teams first game. So there will be a ton of Miami fans there.

Focused1
08-02-2010, 02:23 PM
The Battle of Florida Right Off The Bat. NICE

still1ballin
08-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Go Magic!!!

Ignite the Blue!!

justinnum1
08-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Pretty sure Wade and Lebron both avg like 30ppg against the magic. Just saying neither will have any trouble getting there shots.

DaBUU
08-02-2010, 02:32 PM
GO MAGIC! Hope Dwight knocks one of the pointer sisters on their ***

mikealike305
08-02-2010, 02:34 PM
3 months away :sigh:

AT least football season is coming up.

im soooooooooooooooooooooooo happy football season is coming! its been killing me

xbrackattackx
08-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Go Magic!!!

Ignite the Blue!!

xbrackattackx
08-02-2010, 02:35 PM
that is pretty stupid to not have the heat''s first game at home. really stupid in fact.

Why? They shouldn't cater to a team just because of who is on it.

It was Magic turn to host. Get over it.

h2r09
08-02-2010, 02:37 PM
As @briancmahoney notes, the rumored Heat-Magic game on 10-28 wouldn't be announced by league tomorrow. Likely the 2nd game for both teams.

John Hollinger on Twitter

Like I said, this wont be the first game, mostly because it doesnt make sense for either team.

HouRealCoach
08-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Heat shouldve started the season off against the Knicks...

They should have this on Christmas and on December 30th they should face Cleveland in Cleveland

MLK day Mia vs. LAL

Khalifa21
08-02-2010, 02:51 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/index.ssf/2010/08/miami_heat_at_cleveland_cavali.html

Heat @ Cavs is being rumored as the season opener now.

Wow... Imagine that.

h2r09
08-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Why? They shouldn't cater to a team just because of who is on it.

It was Magic turn to host. Get over it.

Because the magic wouldnt want to open their new arena against a power house and it makes 0 sense to open the heat on the road.

scutch11
08-02-2010, 03:00 PM
what?? lakers heat i understand but did u just say cavs heat would be a better match up?? how would the best team in the NBA beating up on the worst team be a good match up? i guess if u like drama and soap opras maybe but a real NBA fan doesnt care for that game

i should have phrased that better, a game that would be almost if not equally entertaining would be heat-cavs

obviously it would be a beat down but you wouldnt be interested in seeing lebron go back to cleveland? they burnt his jersey lol. i cant imagine the crazy **** that would go down

but yes magic-heat is obviously a much better game

scutch11
08-02-2010, 03:01 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/index.ssf/2010/08/miami_heat_at_cleveland_cavali.html

Wow... Imagine that.

BOOM! haha there we go backin me up

Wade_County
08-02-2010, 03:02 PM

Wow... Imagine that.

Scary thought, Lebron going to need a Kevlar uniform.

mikealike305
08-02-2010, 03:03 PM
i should have phrased that better, a game that would be almost if not equally entertaining would be heat-cavs

obviously it would be a beat down but you wouldnt be interested in seeing lebron go back to cleveland? they burnt his jersey lol. i cant imagine the crazy **** that would go down

but yes magic-heat is obviously a much better game

lol ohh ok i understand, yea from that aspect i agree

h2r09
08-02-2010, 03:08 PM
if i was gilbert in cleveland i would either not serve beer or make it extremely expensive for the heat games. It could get dangerous.

Wade_County
08-02-2010, 03:09 PM
if i was gilbert in cleveland i would either not serve beer or make it extremely expensive for the heat games. It could get dangerous.

he'll probably be handing it out himself.

mets77
08-02-2010, 03:12 PM
heat at cavs would be insane

Khalifa21
08-02-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm praying that's the opening game... It would be perfect, especially if the Cavs pulled off an upset.

justinnum1
08-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Do they use metal detectors at that game?

greek miami hea
08-02-2010, 03:22 PM
nice...im lookinf forward to that game....i guess its gonna be a 10 point differece miami heat win

Wade_County
08-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Do they use metal detectors at that game?

they will be.

BkOriginalOne
08-02-2010, 03:30 PM
LMAO. ORlando is going to win.

Ethix11
08-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Great game. Your going to have to be really good because the 3 guys are gonna bring it on day 1.

da wood
08-02-2010, 03:43 PM
i like this game

h2r09
08-02-2010, 03:45 PM
this isnt true.

SedanoShow My TV source tells me Turner wants Heat to host Celtics & Boston not happy about defending Eastern Champs opening on the road

Jorge Sedano from Miami radio station

RCarlson85
08-02-2010, 03:45 PM

Boston worries me more than Orlando. If Dwight isn't playing well or he is in foul trouble, Orlando is screwed. Both of those things happened last year when Miami and Orlando played. JO and Anthony stopped Howard on offense and Wade got Howard in foul trouble. Now add Lebron and Bosh to the mix and Orlando doesn't really worry me. Boston is more of a complete team and doesn't depend so much on one star.

mikealike305
08-02-2010, 03:56 PM
not to worried about dwight... with wade and lebron driving to the rim he will be in foul trouble by the half

Jonathan2323
08-02-2010, 04:01 PM
SedanoShow
My TV source tells me Turner wants Heat to host Celtics & Boston not happy about defending Eastern Champs opening on the road

Lakersho
08-02-2010, 04:13 PM
yep the heat are gonna pummle the magic :D
...If the Heat win it isn't a big deal, If Orlando wins, all the forums are gonna be going crazy on the topic, and the media . Truth be told , its only one reg. season game...

Boston worries me more than Orlando. If Dwight isn't playing well or he is in foul trouble, Orlando is screwed. Both of those things happened last year when Miami and Orlando played. JO and Anthony stopped Howard on offense and Wade got Howard in foul trouble. Now add Lebron and Bosh to the mix and Orlando doesn't really worry me. Boston is more of a complete team and doesn't depend so much on one star. ... Wisely stated , Celtics have quietly put more QUALITY with what they already have . They're a handful when healthy and hittin on all cylinders...

SouthSideRookie
08-02-2010, 04:14 PM
he'll probably be handing it out himself.

:cheers:

godolphins
08-02-2010, 04:14 PM
the magic will start their season 0-1

Wade>You
08-02-2010, 04:36 PM
The league would love nothing more than seeing this rivalry really grow into something amazing.I can attest to the NBA wanting to pit the Heat in the middle of every rivalry. Ex, they wanted us to open up against the Bulls in our season opener and in the 2007 playoffs. They send us refs that allow the Bulls to mug our players while blowing the whistle any time we made an attempt at playing defense. They're allowed to beat up on our players, while Joey Crawford just waits for any one of our players to show signs of frustration so he can toss them out.

The league is the one that creates these rivalries, I don't really see a rivalry between us and Chicago that wasn't fabricated.

Orlando is more of a real rival than Chicago.

Wade>You
08-02-2010, 05:07 PM
I bet Otis Smith, Stan 'the Van' Gundy, and JJ Reddick are hating life right now. All that trash talking in the offseason, they're careers and hopes for a title ends sooner than they expected.

Red222
08-02-2010, 05:34 PM
The new $480 million Amway Center will hold 18,500 for basketball games. The arena will host the 2012 NBA All-Star Game.
The season-opening Heat-Magic game will be played on Thursday, Oct. 28, and broadcast on TNT.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/article/2010-08-02/sbj-magic-open-nba-season-new-arena-against-heat:eyebrow:

Mr Moody
08-02-2010, 05:43 PM
:facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
08-02-2010, 05:53 PM
GO MAGIC..... and anyone who has actually paid attention to my threads knows I am a Magic fan.

Public Enemy #1
08-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Rather it be Heat vs Lakers/Cavs/Celtics but whatever.

http://i35.tinypic.com/33z5tlx.jpg

Wade>You
08-02-2010, 05:55 PM
From the Department of Redundancy Department: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=518033

pandoro1969
08-02-2010, 07:52 PM
cant wait. as a NY'er im gonna have to root hard for Orlando on this night.