PDA

View Full Version : Hedo Turkoglu defends bosh

thabballfan
08-02-2010, 04:39 AM
Hedo Turkoglu has defended his former teammate chris bosh after Bryan Colangelo accused bosh of quitting on the team.

After seeing what Turkoglu did i respect him on another level now.

hyb152
08-02-2010, 04:43 AM
Its cuz bosh didn't quit. And neither did lebron. Ppl are right when they talk crap about toronto and cleveland's management and player personnel. Nobody wants to play in either place. Their front offices are dysfunctional.

Wade>You
08-02-2010, 04:46 AM
People only started questioning whether LeBron/Bosh quit after their GMs came out. Everyone was oblivious to this possibility before the fact. Things will continue like this as long as the media does the thinking for the people.

John Walls Era
08-02-2010, 05:40 AM
So Hedo is defending Bosh, when Bosh himself didn't even respond to the comments BC made about him not playing when he was healthy. I think Hedo needs to focus more on his present team and less on his former team. It looks to me like hes holding some kind of grudge towards them.

I'm not saying whether Bosh or Lebron quit or not; because I really don't think they gave up. However I don't need anyone telling me this.

PS: The last Hedo defends Bosh thread got deleted.

silverbax
08-02-2010, 06:34 AM
I don't think Bosh needs defending

magichatnumber9
08-02-2010, 06:47 AM
this is the perfect guy to defend him.

D-Train#35
08-02-2010, 06:51 AM
Can't wait til Hedo busts with the Suns too. He didn't like the system in Toronto because he couldn't always have the ball in his hands? Well now he's playing with Steve Nash, good luck being the primary distributer in Phoenix Hedo. And I heard hes playing power forward, this seasons gonna be good for a laugh or two. The Suns are a likeable team, they don't deserve this monstrosity.

John Walls Era
08-02-2010, 06:56 AM
Can't wait til Hedo busts with the Suns too. He didn't like the system in Toronto because he couldn't always have the ball in his hands? Well now he's playing with Steve Nash, good luck being the primary distributer in Phoenix Hedo. And I heard hes playing power forward, this seasons gonna be good for a laugh or two. The Suns are a likeable team, they don't deserve this monstrosity.

Thats going to be a disaster.

bholly
08-02-2010, 07:24 AM
People only started questioning whether LeBron/Bosh quit after their GMs came out. Everyone was oblivious to this possibility before the fact. Things will continue like this as long as the media does the thinking for the people.

I don't think that's quite true - even before the decision people were questioning LBJ and whether he was 'completely there' during the last few games of the Boston series.

John Walls Era
08-02-2010, 08:16 AM
I still don't understand why Hedo is defending Bosh.

Reasons:
1) He must really like Bosh since Bosh just brushed the accusations aside (by not responding to what BC actually said)

2) He must really hate the Raptors

BrotherRedz
08-02-2010, 08:17 AM
@ poster above

#2, if you remember how the organization treated Hedo

John Walls Era
08-02-2010, 08:20 AM
@ poster above

#2, if you remember how the organization treated Hedo

Kind of, I didn't really keep a close watch at what really went on. Apparently Hedo was injured, but they caught him at a club. Don't recall much after that. But if hes still holding a grudge for something like that then he needs to move on. Forgive and forget... doesn't need to bash their organization.

Khalifa21
08-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Hedo needs to justify the contract he was given and stop running his mouth.

Jaji
08-02-2010, 11:10 AM
So Hedo is defending Bosh, when Bosh himself didn't even respond to the comments BC made about him not playing when he was healthy. I think Hedo needs to focus more on his present team and less on his former team. It looks to me like hes holding some kind of grudge towards them.

I'm not saying whether Bosh or Lebron quit or not; because I really don't think they gave up. However I don't need anyone telling me this.

The exact same can be said about the Cavs and Raptors FOs.

I think they should focus on their current players and not former players (who were both offered max contracts by their former teams the way :rolleyes:). It looks like they're holding some kind of grudge towards them.

xbrackattackx
08-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Cute.

kozelkid
08-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Maybe I'll take it more serious when it won't come from another quitter.

xbrackattackx
08-02-2010, 12:10 PM
maybe i'll take it more serious when it won't come from another quitter.

zing!

phoenix_bladen
08-02-2010, 12:19 PM
it's funny it is coming out of all ppl .... hedo

this guy was a complete bust with Toronto and he underperform just look at his stats last year a huge drop from his previous 3-4 seasons

this guy slacked off And he's now complaining?

td0tsfinest
08-02-2010, 12:30 PM
A gentleman in the raptors forum said it perfectly,

Is this the only shot Turk made all year?

Geargo Wallace
08-02-2010, 12:39 PM
A gentleman in the raptors forum said it perfectly,

lol he's taking a lot of shots this offseason. Too bad his FG% is still low.

Bosh did quit. LeBron didn't.

Bosh was cleared to play and didn't. If your team is that close to making the playoffs and you choose not to play than its safe to assume that you don't care about your current team, and you don't care where this franchise is headed. No question if Bosh played those last 6 games it would be Toronto in the playoffs, not Chicago.

Sadds The Gr8
08-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Maybe I'll take it more serious when it won't come from another quitter.

x 8 million

Geargo Wallace
08-02-2010, 12:46 PM
x 8 million

X 53 million if you know what I mean. (the amount of money that Hedoodoo Turky**** is stealing from NBA franchises)

Sadds The Gr8
08-02-2010, 12:50 PM
X 53 million if you know what I mean. (the amount of money that Hedoodoo Turky**** is stealing from NBA franchises)

:laugh:

blastmasta26
08-02-2010, 12:53 PM

That's not true, I mean some people have noticed only after GMs have said, but some people were aware during the playoffs. I remember many people (including myself) didn't buy the LeBron elbow injury entirely and said something else was wrong, maybe a psychological issue. And after I think Game 5 against Boston, more people noticed it. It was clear how passive he was at the end of that series as well. When it comes to Bosh, I didn't follow the situation at all, but if he really didn't play despite having medical clearance to do so, then that would definitely be considered quitting.

Raph12
08-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Of course he is, he used the Magic to raise his stock and is now in TO playing a ***** role, Bosh is doing the exact same thing. Playing as a 3rd option will put Bosh right in his place, as a role player.

smith&wesson
08-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Hedo needs to justify the contract he was given and stop running his mouth.

x2

ink
08-02-2010, 01:12 PM

I haven't read a single post in this thread yet, and I'm going to see whether the thread should remain open or not.

But this statement just isn't true. I remember clearly wondering what was up when Lebron switched to his left hand for FTs in the Celtics series, and there were lots of questions and whispers from Raptors fans after the ASG with Bosh. Sadly, there has been a lot of speculation about their integrity for some time. It was apparent that a deal between the three was struck during the All Star break. That has disappointed a lot of people and angered others too. So, no, the media is not doing the thinking for the people. The fans that follow these teams were ahead of the media. We know our teams.

Anyway, back to Turkoglu. He should just move on. Some say he disgraced himself in Toronto. I don't quite agree, but he definitely didn't earn his contract. He is undoubtedly still trying to cover for embarrassing himself. Nothing can cover for that except playing better and redeeming himself in PHX. But he definitely has a lot of redeeming to do.

smith&wesson
08-02-2010, 01:13 PM
hedo the same guy who showed up to training camp saying he is too tired to run with the rest of the team. so he goes in to the season out of shape and playing like hot garbage.

hedo, the same guy that calls in sick and doesnt play a game and then gets caught at a club in the same night and gets suspended for it. and then complains about the suspension for the rest of the season.

this guy is the biggest clown, chris bosh was cleared to play and didnt thats all BC said .. even bosh didnt deny that. so whats this turkey talking about.

ink
08-02-2010, 01:18 PM
What makes this thread different than the other Bosh/Hedo thread that was closed is that no one is insulting any other posters or dissing their city or country. We have seen enough of that. If that starts up again, the thread will be closed.

Try to go easy on the player hate people. You can make your points about what they did or didn't do wrong with strong arguments instead of bashing. Thanks.

the_jon
08-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Who defends Hedo?

smith&wesson
08-02-2010, 01:31 PM
What makes this thread different than the other Bosh/Hedo thread that was closed is that no one is insulting any other posters or dissing their city or country. We have seen enough of that. If that starts up again, the thread will be closed.

Try to go easy on the player hate people. You can make your points about what they did or didn't do wrong with strong arguments instead of bashing. Thanks.

you know i defended hedo all season long ,,, but now even i have to admit this guy is real douche bag or better yet a douche bucket

ink
08-02-2010, 01:43 PM
you know i defended hedo all season long ,,, but now even i have to admit this guy is real douche bag or better yet a douche bucket

That's true. I was just making a general comment because people were asking about the thread. I don't like his comments much either and he'd do himself and all of us a big favour by concentrating on basketball. He's in no position to talk about anything right now.

Rego247
08-02-2010, 02:04 PM
that's true. I was just making a general comment because people were asking about the thread. I don't like his comments much either and he'd do himself and all of us a big favour by concentrating on basketball. He's in no position to talk about anything right now.

x10

ntat
08-02-2010, 02:06 PM

No. people called LBJ out the second it happened.

ntat
08-02-2010, 02:10 PM
lol he's taking a lot of shots this offseason. Too bad his FG% is still low.

Bosh did quit. LeBron didn't.

Bosh was cleared to play and didn't. If your team is that close to making the playoffs and you choose not to play than its safe to assume that you don't care about your current team, and you don't care where this franchise is headed. No question if Bosh played those last 6 games it would be Toronto in the playoffs, not Chicago.

Maybe thats true, but i also know Webber came back to early and gave his knee no chance to heal correctly. He did it for the team, and it ended up ruining the chemistry that year and his knee shortened his career.

Chronz
08-02-2010, 02:13 PM

Bosh defended everything he needed to. The only thing left was whatshisface talking down on Bosh's tolerance for pain and that is entirely subjective. We dont know the kind of pain he was in, and neither does whatshisface, and whenever there is swelling there is chance for injury.

But since when is experiencing "only limited swelling" the same as being healthy? You can question his manliness if you want, but not his devotion to the team. Anyone who played as well as he did to even get the Raps in the position to make the playoffs deserves more credit than being labeled a quitter.

Chronz
08-02-2010, 02:17 PM
It was apparent that a deal between the three was struck during the All Star break. That has disappointed a lot of people and angered others too. So, no, the media is not doing the thinking for the people. The fans that follow these teams were ahead of the media. We know our teams.
What made it so apparent, why were so many Rap fans thinking he would stay if it was that obvious? How come Miami landing all 3 was seen as a longshot?

JonnyBrav000
08-02-2010, 02:22 PM

No this is not true, anyone who watched the Cavaliers elimination game vs the Celtics this past season knew Lebron quit on his team. He wasn't the only one, Mo Williams did the same, but 5 minutes left in the fourth Lebron was scared to take shots, and was not moving as quickly as he normally does. People don't say Lebron quit because some stupid GM or owner said so, it's because Lebron didn't give his all and was frustrated by the tough play of the Celtics and he came to grips with losing and going home while time was still on the clock. So don't assume for us.

xbrackattackx
08-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Hedo can't play defense :)

SouthSideRookie
08-02-2010, 02:33 PM
No this is not true, anyone who watched the Cavaliers elimination game vs the Celtics this past season knew Lebron quit on his team. He wasn't the only one, Mo Williams did the same, but 5 minutes left in the fourth Lebron was scared to take shots, and was not moving as quickly as he normally does. People don't say Lebron quit because some stupid GM or owner said so, it's because Lebron didn't give his all and was frustrated by the tough play of the Celtics and he came to grips with losing and going home while time was still on the clock. So don't assume for us.

Agree, thats the last I remember about Lebron on the court, also leaving the court and taking off his jersey as fast as he possibly could and throwing it on the ground on his way to the locker room. Anyways, on Hedo, yeah hes the last one who should be badmouthing an organization that signed him to a redicilous contract.

Lakersho
08-02-2010, 02:35 PM
...Every thread, I cant see the point of turning every thread into the heat , this or the heat that , give it a break already...

ink
08-02-2010, 03:07 PM
What made it so apparent, why were so many Rap fans thinking he would stay if it was that obvious? How come Miami landing all 3 was seen as a longshot?

The about face was bizarre. Just before the ASG in the media scrums and for months leading up to it, Bosh said he wanted to be the man. When asked where he was going to go in free agency, he said "maybe I want to be the man, have my own franchise". The day before the trade deadline he went down with a minor injury. In fact it was so mild that he went on to play the rest of the game when it happened. The next day the MRI came back negative, the doctors indicated that the swelling was minimal, and cleared him to play. We did not know that officially. We just waited for him to return, and his return stretched out longer and longer. There was tons of speculation either that something far more serious had happened, or that he was tanking. That's when the suspicions started, and at the very least, that's when some Raptors fans started to say "enough is enough" with Bosh's yearly visit to the IR. Then when he went down again with 5 games left in the season, he didn't even bother to sit on the Raptors bench until the final home game. He didn't even show. That just doesn't happen. As much as Turkoglu got mocked for not wanting to play with a mask, Bosh didn't even try, and didn't even sit with his teammates while he recovered. Because he basically no longer had any teammates. He checked out before the season ended. And he completely misses the point when he says that he always plays hard. Sure he does. When he is on the court. But the issue that Raptors fans have is why a mild ankle injury kept him out for 6-7 games and why he disappeared completely with 5 games to go after taking an elbow to the face. If it was because he didn't look all that pretty, I'm sure he saw how pretty Ginobili and Nash were when they sustained facial injuries and kept playing. Competitors do what they can to stay in the game, at the very least leaders sit with their teammates. After 6 1/2 seasons of being the "upright guy", he has disappointed a lot of people. Expressing that disappointment is not so outrageous.

ink
08-02-2010, 03:09 PM
...Every thread, I cant see the point of turning every thread into the heat , this or the heat that , give it a break already...

This actually has more to do with the Raptors.

koreancabbage
08-02-2010, 03:18 PM
says the man who said the Raptors "never used his skills" corrrectly. that's a huge excuse.

oh come on, people could tell by the body language and the lack of skill why you sucked.
only reason Hedo did so well was b/c of Howard. him and his inflated stats and huge contract. horrible signing by the Raptors organization

kozelkid
08-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Bosh defended everything he needed to. The only thing left was whatshisface talking down on Bosh's tolerance for pain and that is entirely subjective. We dont know the kind of pain he was in, and neither does whatshisface, and whenever there is swelling there is chance for injury.

But since when is experiencing "only limited swelling" the same as being healthy? You can question his manliness if you want, but not his devotion to the team. Anyone who played as well as he did to even get the Raps in the position to make the playoffs deserves more credit than being labeled a quitter.

You should look at his splits by month then.
Just because Bosh is talented enough to be better than most players in this league even at 80% effort, doesn't make him any less off a quitter. Call it what you want, but it's fairly obvious Bosh gave up down the stretch. With Lebron it might be a little trickier only because he might have in fact had that elbow injury. Regardless, the way he played game 5 and 6 also makes me think he quit.
However, fans have every right to be upset the way Bosh played down the stretch.

ink
08-02-2010, 03:30 PM
You should look at his splits by month then.
Just because Bosh is talented enough to be better than most players in this league even at 80% effort, doesn't make him any less off a quitter. Call it what you want, but it's fairly obvious Bosh gave up down the stretch. With Lebron it might be a little trickier only because he might have in fact had that elbow injury. Regardless, the way he played game 5 and 6 also makes me think he quit.
However, fans have every right to be upset the way Bosh played down the stretch.

Or didn't play or show when he could have, which is really the point.

Chronz
08-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Damn...... pretty good reasons.. Ill be back when I find something out that you 2 didnt know.

PS I WILL be BACK

HeaTxRipZz
08-02-2010, 03:59 PM
I have to agree with Turk on this just on the fact that I don't feel it's right to speak negatively on a player once he is gone. I have no problem with fans being upset that's natural but I'm starting to hate this trend that GM's and Owners only want to speak bad on a player once he leaves. I always learned if there was a problem you speak on it then and there not when they person leaves.

Now on to Bosh end of it. From what I heard and gathered it does sound like he started to give up on the team and his heart was no longer there. Now the problem with that is when you are the franchise player of a team there is no room for you to give up in important stretches. As good as bosh is it showed his not exactly that true Go-to guy so Miami is probably the most perfect fit for him with their roster.

ink
08-02-2010, 04:10 PM
I have to agree with Turk on this just on the fact that I don't feel it's right to speak negatively on a player once he is gone. I have no problem with fans being upset that's natural but I'm starting to hate this trend that GM's and Owners only want to speak bad on a player once he leaves. I always learned if there was a problem you speak on it then and there not when they person leaves.

Now on to Bosh end of it. From what I heard and gathered it does sound like he started to give up on the team and his heart was no longer there. Now the problem with that is when you are the franchise player of a team there is no room for you to give up in important stretches. As good as bosh is it showed his not exactly that true Go-to guy so Miami is probably the most perfect fit for him with their roster.

I agree with a lot of what you've said here. But regarding the bolded part, we can't assume that the GM and player had no discussions while he was with the team. "Hey Chris, you gonna play tonight?" "Chris, the doctors cleared you to play" "Hello, Mr. Bosh, how is your face healing? Could you join us in streetclothes on the bench to show the fans you're still part of the team?" That kind of thing. :cool: The other thing is that with a pending free agent and franchise player it is a very delicate balance: you need to try to keep their mind open to your franchise while there's still the smallest amount of hope they might re-sign with your club.

Finally, if you look at what Colangelo said, he really only confirmed what people suspected. It's not like he said Bosh is a traitor. He just said that his franchise player checked out mentally after the ASG and he has a pretty strong sense that a pact was made there between the three musketeers. Bosh, and athletes like him, shouldn't think they can just get away with some of the stuff they pulled this season. I think what they've done deserves to be called out.

The sad thing was that it could have been done differently, and they really should have had better advice from their handlers and agents. Bosh could easily have carried himself with class right through to the end and been fully respected, as he deserved to be up to last February.

As for Turkoglu, I wouldn't necessarily want him to watch my back if I were Bosh. I'm not sure he has the credibility to actually help matters.

greek miami hea
08-02-2010, 04:12 PM
i got to respect hedo :)

LTS
08-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Props to Hedo

HeaTxRipZz
08-02-2010, 04:23 PM
I agree with a lot of what you've said here. But regarding the bolded part, we can't assume that the GM and player had no discussions while he was with the team. "Hey Chris, you gonna play tonight?" "Chris, the doctors cleared you to play" "Hello, Mr. Bosh, how is your face healing? Could you join us in streetclothes on the bench to show the fans you're still part of the team?" That kind of thing. :cool: The other thing is that with a pending free agent and franchise player it is a very delicate balance: you need to try to keep their mind open to your franchise while there's still the smallest amount of hope they might re-sign with your club.

Finally, if you look at what Colangelo said, he really only confirmed what people suspected. It's not like he said Bosh is a traitor. He just said that his franchise player checked out mentally after the ASG and he has a pretty strong sense that a pact was made there between the three musketeers. Bosh, and athletes like him, shouldn't think they can just get away with some of the stuff they pulled this season. I think what they've done deserves to be called out.

The sad thing was that it could have been done differently, and they really should have had better advice from their handlers and agents. Bosh could easily have carried himself with class right through to the end and been fully respected, as he deserved to be up to last February.

As for Turkoglu, I wouldn't necessarily want him to watch my back if I were Bosh. I'm not sure he has the credibility to actually help matters.

I can definitely respect this post and you are probably right he was probably checked up on. It's kind of hard to call when select details are revealed ya know?

I think my biggest problem as far as GM's and Owners speaking negatively on players doesn't even go to Colangelo. Me and my cousin were arguing about this 3 days ago for about 3 hours straight. He feels players are treated poorly etc etc and I think otherwise. But back to my point my anger is probably more towards what Dan Gilbert did to Lebron with that whole letter and that crazy stuff. I don't quite agree with what Colangelo did either but I don't feel it was anything close to extreme as the situation with the Cavs' organization.

If he spoke to Bosh during that period of time that would say even more to me about him as a person and player but as I said before it just shows he isn't that Franchise Go-to guy like everyone thought ya know? The boy can play, I'm not saying that but he is more of a 2nd option to me just because of the leadership he lacks