PDA

View Full Version : Sam Smith: Taj Gibson for Rudy Fernandez offered (It's in Portland's hands)

Highlight
07-31-2010, 04:19 PM
There are rumors that the Bulls could trade Taj Gibson to the Trail Blazers for Rudy Fernandez.
"From what I've heard it's in Portland's hands now for what they want," writes Sam Smith for Bulls.com. "I've heard the Bulls have a pretty good shot, but nothing matters until it's done." Rudy would be a nice fit in Chicago's second unit, where he could get the larger role he has been pining for.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/asksam_100726.html

Stunner
07-31-2010, 04:22 PM
:clap: hope they get Pendergraph back in the deal as well to replace Taj.

Hellcrooner
07-31-2010, 04:23 PM
second unit='?

lol

its brewer or korver who would go to esecond unit.

Stunner
07-31-2010, 04:24 PM
second unit='?

lol

x2

Hellcrooner
07-31-2010, 04:25 PM
wonder wich number he will choose ( i guess bozer keeps 5).

hpe he gets a two digint one isntead of some other ******** 4-16 eruloegue like number

Stunner
07-31-2010, 04:27 PM
6 maybe?

John Walls Era
07-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Like this a bit more for the Bulls. Wouldn't surprise me if the Blazers wanted just a bit more.

Slimsim
07-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Bulls getting rudy makes them a top 3 team in the east and contenders for sure.

Hellcrooner
07-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Rose, Rudy, Deng, Bozer Noah deng and noah priovide the defense rose, boozer, rudy the offense, brewer the efense from the bench and korver the offense from the bench, sounds real good.

phlp_bj
07-31-2010, 04:33 PM
i still see ronnie brewer starting and rudy as the backup sg. brewer is a bigger body and has better defense imo

lavilevi23
07-31-2010, 04:34 PM
I dont like it for the Bulls... What if Boozer gets injured? you have no legit starting PF.. you gonna start Kurt Thomas? and if so then who will back him up? this trade sucks for the Bulls... IMO they already have a nice SG rotation with Korver and Brewer

Stunner
07-31-2010, 04:35 PM
We only have one SG and Korver is a SF. Hope we get Pendergraph back in the deal. Taj and a 1st for Rudy and Pendergraph. Good deal.

Jays Claw
07-31-2010, 04:36 PM
The Bulls would be better off keeping Taj Gibson.

AI4MVP
07-31-2010, 04:37 PM
this would be a great deal for Rudy and for the Bulls

Jewelz0376
07-31-2010, 04:39 PM
Taj Gibson is a good young forward so its too bad they have to give him up, but I think its a good deal for the Bulls...but at the same time they need more shooting because all they have is Korver and maybe Deng can shoot it a little...I think he shot a little over 30% last season from 3..but other than those 2 nothing...

Nocioni5
07-31-2010, 04:39 PM
I want Rudy but I hope Sam Smith is wrong I don't want to give up Taj Gibson. Portland has no need for him and I think Taj would be essential to limit Boozers minutes plus we need insurance in case Boozer where to get injured. I think the Blazers don't have the upper hand and they should get our first round pick for next year and/or James Johnson. But history says that if Sam Smith says it its purely speculation and not high chances of being accurate. He usually post what he would like or what he would think w/ no inside info. IMO worst team beat writer ever.

thekmp211
07-31-2010, 04:40 PM
would be a solid swap for both teams.

Jeff559
07-31-2010, 04:40 PM
Rudy fernandez is overhyped. Bulls get raped.

REALLYYYYY?
07-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Like this a bit more for the Bulls. Wouldn't surprise me if the Blazers wanted just a bit more.

just a bit more as in taj? or just a bit more than taj? i think taj might be too much.

Scarface-Bulls
07-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Brewer would start ahead of Rudy

Stunner
07-31-2010, 04:42 PM
Blazers do need Taj they need a defensive PF to back up LMA. Plus they have no Joel for most of the season. Taj would back up LMA and Oden back up Camby.

abe_froman
07-31-2010, 04:42 PM

:nod:

Kyben36
07-31-2010, 04:43 PM
Taj Gibson is a good young forward so its too bad they have to give him up, but I think its a good deal for the Bulls...but at the same time they need more shooting because all they have is Korver and maybe Deng can shoot it a little...I think he shot a little over 30% last season from 3..but other than those 2 nothing...

Taj is actualy 25, not as young as most peole think, he doenst have the potential to be a starter, but IMO, a guy like Haslem, who is solid, but not a consistant starter IN the NBA. alot of people over rate him, and he is the perfect guy playing behind boozer, but if we have to give him up for a starter, you do it. also, as for shooting, Deng shot like 40 %, but he doesnt take enough 3s to be considered a consistant 3pt threat.

Scarface-Bulls
07-31-2010, 04:44 PM
Portland has no leverage since the Knicks can't offer a first first round draft pick until 2014. The bulls should offer a 1st round draft pick and nothing else.

Kyben36
Blazers do need Taj they need a defensive PF to back up LMA. Plus they have no Joel for most of the season. Taj would back up LMA and Oden back up Camby.

Taj si a defensive PF dude,

NYYCowboys

:nod: x2

Stunner
07-31-2010, 04:46 PM
Taj si a defensive PF dude,

thats what i said they do need him. I was saying they were looking for a defensive PF to back up LMA and Taj is it.

Nets fan 93
07-31-2010, 04:48 PM
Should never give up as much talent as the other teams want. Rudy asked out, his value shouldnt be this high imo. keep taj

HeaTxRipZz
07-31-2010, 04:48 PM
hmmm not so sure how I feel about this move I mean Rudy would be a niceee pick up for us but I don't want to give up Taj. If it happens I guess Taj's minutes can be split between Kurt and JJ off the bench. Either way the team will be fine

I think Rudy should start though and have Brew and Kyle come off the bench lighting it up

Nocioni5
07-31-2010, 04:52 PM
Portland has no leverage since the Knicks can't offer a first first round draft pick until 2014. The bulls should offer a 1st round draft pick and nothing else.

I'm with you on this one except if it took adding James Johnson to sweeten the deal I'd be all for it. I just hate to hurt our Depth (one of our strengths this offseason) and with Boozers track record I would sleep sounder having Taj to fill that role in. I think limiting Boozers min through out the season is key to having him healthy and ready for playoff time.

NYKalltheway
07-31-2010, 04:54 PM
Will he be a starter for Chicago?

Scarface-Bulls
07-31-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm with you on this one except if it took adding James Johnson to sweeten the deal I'd be all for it. I just hate to hurt our Depth (one of our strengths this offseason) and with Boozers track record I would sleep sounder having Taj to fill that role in. I think limiting Boozers min through out the season is key to having him healthy and ready for playoff time.

Exactly, but Sam Smith also was quoted as saying this: "Gibson is hardly an untouchable, but I've heard Portland's main interest is a No. 1. I cannot be see giving Gibson and a No. 1 for Fernandez, but as I said I've heard the Bulls have a strong shot and may be the leader in the clubhouse now for getting Fernandez, though we know it's not a deal until it's a deal."

minervamob
07-31-2010, 04:55 PM
Noooo!

Scarface-Bulls
07-31-2010, 04:56 PM
Portland's main interest is a no. 1 draft pick

Scarface-Bulls
07-31-2010, 04:57 PM
I'd the bulls do get Rudy i'd still see Ronnie Brewer starting ahead of Rudy

nanablvd
07-31-2010, 05:02 PM
Had they known they could get Rudy for Taj before, they would not have signed Korver and instead used his money to replace the loss of Taj with a big. Timing matters a lot in FA

Hellcrooner
07-31-2010, 05:03 PM
bulls should ask for Vitor clavers rights too from portland ( he is a PF)

akesh99
07-31-2010, 05:05 PM
Don't think I like the move for CHI. They lose out on a good big when IMO that is more valuable to that team than another wing player. Plus I can see Rudy bolting back to Europe as soon as his contract is up. It would be a huge disappointment for the Bulls if they were to give up Gibson only to have Rudy for a year, maybe two.

Jonathan2323
07-31-2010, 05:06 PM
I thought the Bulls were high on Gibson, guess not.

Nocioni5
07-31-2010, 05:06 PM
I'd the bulls do get Rudy i'd still see Ronnie Brewer starting ahead of Rudy

I disagree on this with you. Even though I like Brewer and see a ton of potential in Rudy. I would be all for them earning there starting position. With a smart Coach like Thibbs he can best see where each one is needed and on some nights we might need More D on Dominant 2 guard like Wade and on others we might need more spacing to open up the lanes. I think even on a bench role Rudy could get possibly get major min. I would love to see Rose, Rudy, Noah all on the run. Fast breaks :drool:

Scarface-Bulls
07-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Bulls can trade a no. 1 pick for Rudy.....i'd like to keep Taj, but Taj is a luxury to have not a necessity.

Hellcrooner
07-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Don't think I like the move for CHI. They lose out on a good big when IMO that is more valuable to that team than another wing player. Plus I can see Rudy bolting back to Europe as soon as his contract is up. It would be a huge disappointment for the Bulls if they were to give up Gibson only to have Rudy for a year, maybe two.

if he gets 30 mpg and enough touches to average 12 to 15 ppg he wont bolt back to w europe.

also

Rudy is a better defender than Korver and very equal to him in offense.

Rudy is better in offense than brewer and slighly worse in defense.

I dont konow but if im a coach i start the balnced player isntead of the one sided one....

sargon21
07-31-2010, 05:08 PM
i think its a close call, on a good deal or not, i think we'd def. be getting back pendergraph or something in return along with rudy

Scarface-Bulls
07-31-2010, 05:08 PM
Korver can create floor spacing w/ 3's also

abe_froman
07-31-2010, 05:09 PM
Bulls can trade a no. 1 pick for Rudy.....i'd like to keep Taj, but Taj is a luxury to have not a necessity.

with boozer,it kind of is a necessity

Hellcrooner
07-31-2010, 05:09 PM
i think its a close call, on a good deal or not, i think we'd def. be getting back pendergraph or something in return along with rudy

as i said, ask for clvers rights specialy if they want a pick and gbson

Scarface-Bulls
07-31-2010, 05:11 PM
i hardly doubt the bulls would give up Taj for Rudy straight up. No.1 draft pick and the most james johnson. Portland has no leverage to ask for Taj since not many other teams are in a position to trade with portland.

jamesdiego
07-31-2010, 05:12 PM
The OP made this up. Sam Smith never said that the Bulls offered Taj and it's now in Portlands hands. Read the link. You guys are debating this for nothing.

Scarface-Bulls
07-31-2010, 05:13 PM
Keep in mind the bulls would be doing Portland a favor in trading for Rudy.

Scarface-Bulls
07-31-2010, 05:13 PM
Gibson is hardly an untouchable, but I've heard Portland's main interest is a No. 1. I cannot be see giving Gibson and a No. 1 for Fernandez, but as I said I've heard the Bulls have a strong shot and may be the leader in the clubhouse now for getting Fernandez, though we know it's not a deal until it's a deal.

zambo4president
07-31-2010, 05:14 PM
Not Taj! I hate Rudy and love Taj:cry:

setter
07-31-2010, 05:16 PM
i would be fine with this deal as long as the bulls go out and sign anthony tolliver as a back up. In my opinion Tolliver has just as much upside as Gibson, probably more offensive oriented than defensive, but still a solid back up. Minutes will be tight but that would be a stacked team.
Derrick Rose/CJ Watson
Rudy Fernandez/Ronnie Brewer
Luol Deng/Kyle Korver/James Johnson
Carlos Boozer/Anthony Tolliver
Joakim Noah/Kurt Thomas/Omer Asik

thats pretty sick.

DLeeicious
Don't like it for the Bulls. I think Taj is way more valuable right now he is going to get a lot of minutes next season in a back up role for both the 4 and 5 slot. I am a big Taj fan

Red222
fix the thread title its inaccurate

Shonuff
I love Taj. Tough pill to swallow for me to give him him up. I would love to keep Taj on the bench. JMO

AI4MVP
07-31-2010, 05:17 PM
sorry but i dont believe anything sam smith says. ANYTHING

setter
07-31-2010, 05:18 PM
yeah actually sam smith is dumb and so is this thread.

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-31-2010, 05:19 PM
I don't see all the hype about Rudy .. Nothin but a spark off the bench at best. A welcome addition to any team but he isn't that special...

shep33
07-31-2010, 05:19 PM
Gibson is good, don't get why'd the Bulls would give him up. Maybe they trade Gibson and get Shaq?:shrug:

DreStylez
07-31-2010, 05:21 PM
This is only a rumor that they are offering Taj Gibson. I doubt it though as we would be really thin in the Bull's frontcourt. He is also a backup plan if Boozer gets injured since he is known to get injured a lot.

Hiphopopotamus
07-31-2010, 05:22 PM
Does anyone think JJ can back up the 4? I'm not confident in that. If he could then the deal would make more sense. Taj has probably come close to his ceiling, but he could be a guy that goes for 13-9 and plays good D. That isn't such an easy thing to give up. I do like Rudy, just worry about Booz's health like everybody else.

Red222
07-31-2010, 05:23 PM
Does anyone think JJ can back up the 4? I'm not confident in that. If he could then the deal would make more sense. Taj has probably come close to his ceiling, but he could be a guy that goes for 13-9 and plays good D. That isn't such an easy thing to give up. I do like Rudy, just worry about Booz's health like everybody else.

no tolliver or a big from portland would have to come back

Trouble87
07-31-2010, 05:24 PM
good deal for both teams if it goes down

KINGBAIZE
07-31-2010, 05:25 PM
keep taj! ...... Fernandez is decent, but taj is more valuable to our team.

Hiphopopotamus
07-31-2010, 05:27 PM
no tolliver or a big from portland would have to come back

I see. Tolliver would be a nice pick up IMO. If this could happen I'm in

Hokysfan
07-31-2010, 05:29 PM
bulls should ask for Vitor clavers rights too from portland ( he is a PF)

Claver is a SF

Hoopsadvocate
07-31-2010, 05:32 PM
Ewww to that trade. If i were the bulls id much rather keep taj ( and i love rudy)

But reasons taj is more important:

1. Boozer insurance (the guy always gets injured and is only getting older if he goes down there front court is in trouble)

2. They have a decent amount of wings already (Korver and brewer and JJ can all rotate around sg position)

3. Rebounding (he was a big part of their rebounding success last year along with noah he gives there bench a much needed hardworker in the paint)

4. Who do u put in when boozers resting? Kurt thomas? i guess but taj would have been a lot more help off the bench because boozer is not playing near 40 min a game.

Again i like rudy a lot but hes not worth taj on that team though from a HEAT fan perspective i love it lol.

Shonuff
07-31-2010, 05:33 PM

Really? How does a guy that has spent one year in the league already hit his potential? Are you stoned?

blazerman
07-31-2010, 05:33 PM
as i said, ask for clvers rights specialy if they want a pick and gbson

Why would the Blazers want a 1st just to give one away(Claver), not to stupid!

Portland would'nt add another player just for Gibson, Chicago fans like him but he aint all that.

Straight up deal or nothing, Rudy would probably do well next to Rose and could start over Korver anyday.

blazerman
07-31-2010, 05:35 PM
Claver is a SF

Hellcrooner is drunk again!

Nocioni5
07-31-2010, 05:36 PM
Really? How does a guy that has spent one year in the league already hit his potential? Are you stoned?

Taj is 25 He went all his years to college to USC and came out of school a fairly developed player. Most scouts think that he is a very good player but doesn't have that high of a ceiling but this is purely speculation.

Shahrose
07-31-2010, 05:36 PM
i dont want to give up Taj :(

Nocioni5
07-31-2010, 05:39 PM
Why would the Blazers want a 1st just to give one away(Claver), not to stupid!

Portland would'nt add another player just for Gibson, Chicago fans like him but he aint all that.

Straight up deal or nothing, Rudy would probably do well next to Rose and could start over Korver anyday.

Yeah but things don't work that way, Portland has no leverage. Don't forget Rudy Demanded a trade or threatened to go back to Europe. Doesn't give them much room to get them most value out of there player. Trading a player after a down year doesn't help you much either and it not like teams are lining up out side of Portland for him.

blams
07-31-2010, 05:40 PM

He probably has. He's as close to a 'no potential' player as you can find. He's just smart and plays defense. He isn't athletic, and can't shoot. He is ideally a 7th or 8th man on a team.

king4day
07-31-2010, 05:41 PM
Great move for portland since they didn't have much a choice. I don't get it for the Bulls. A strength is now a need at backup Forward and their need is a strength at guard.

Red222
07-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Great move for portland since they didn't have much a choice. I don't get it for the Bulls. A strength is now a need at backup Forward and their need is a strength at guard.

its a rumor thats not a confirmed offer the op got it wrong

Shonuff
07-31-2010, 05:44 PM
He probably has. He's as close to a 'no potential' player as you can find. He's just smart and plays defense. He isn't athletic, and can't shoot. He is ideally a 7th or 8th man on a team.

I disagree. Taj has a decent mid-range game and played very well last year. If he is close to his ceiling than it is pretty high because I feel he can still become a better rebounder and improve his shot. That would put him close to a double-double and that is pretty damn good.

Nocioni5
07-31-2010, 05:46 PM
I disagree. Taj has a decent mid-range game and played very well last year. If he is close to his ceiling than it is pretty high because I feel he can still become a better rebounder and improve his shot. That would put him close to a double-double and that is pretty damn good.

Don't get me wrong He is a great player and it think a very important piece that we need having Boozer as our starting PF. I think his mid-range jumpshot is decent also but he is a smart player with good basketball IQ specially on the defensive end.

biglord
07-31-2010, 05:50 PM
the bulls was going to give up jj and a second rounder for rudy not taj

Scarface-Bulls
07-31-2010, 05:51 PM
Sam Smith is a biscuit head of a Beat writer, he has no "insider" information

Shonuff
07-31-2010, 05:51 PM
the bulls was going to give up jj and a second rounder for rudy not taj

I think that is what most of us bulls fans would want at least. I would like to get Rudy for free too. Not sure it is going to happen.

Scarface-Bulls
07-31-2010, 05:53 PM
More realistic trade is the bulls no. 1 draft pick (not charolette's) and if they want james johnson as a throw in

Shonuff
07-31-2010, 05:56 PM
More realistic trade is the bulls no. 1 draft pick (not charolette's) and if they want james johnson as a throw in

I wish. I don't think that is realistic though.

homestarunner93
07-31-2010, 05:56 PM
second unit='?

lol

Yeah, second unit. Just because he's from Spain doesn't mean he's a great player. Brewer should start over him.

Scarface-Bulls
07-31-2010, 05:59 PM
I wish. I don't think that is realistic though.

Why is it not more realistic? Remember it would be the bulls doing Portland a favor for taking Rudy off their hands. The kinicks seem to be out of it since Portlands' main request is a no. 1 pick and the knicks' first no. 1 pick is not available until 2014.

kidfury
07-31-2010, 05:59 PM
Keep Taj, if chicago is looking at a long playoff run, depth at the big man position is needed.

jamesdiego
07-31-2010, 06:09 PM
LOL at all the people here bashing Sam. He didn't even state or confirm that stupid rumor. He in fact said it was too much to give up Taj for him. Now, who's dumb again?

nolin
07-31-2010, 06:12 PM
We only have one SG and Korver is a SF. Hope we get Pendergraph back in the deal. Taj and a 1st for Rudy and Pendergraph. Good deal.

Gtfoh taj is better than rudy. I can tell your like 10 or 11

DreStylez
07-31-2010, 06:20 PM

That's what I said.:D

Stunner
07-31-2010, 06:23 PM
Gtfoh taj is better than rudy. I can tell your like 10 or 11

Man I am 21 years old. Some Bulls fans are really overating Taj like he is god or sumtin smh. I watched Pendergraph sense A-State kid can play ask the Blazers he has good role player ability and can do all the things Taj do. He is younger and a lil bigger than Taj. And Rudy would do good on this team he has fringe All-Star potential. Taj is 25 years old at best he is Haslem. There are plenty of back-up PF out there that can do a decent job, thats why they are back-ups. Taj will never be a starting PF on a championship team unless u have a stacked team at the PG,SG,SF, and C. Taj and 1st for Rudy and Pendergraph anyday. U are stupid if u think other wise.

BaddNewz
07-31-2010, 06:26 PM
It fills a need so I cant be mad at trading gibson

Hellcrooner
07-31-2010, 06:41 PM
Yeah, second unit. Just because he's from Spain doesn't mean he's a great player. Brewer should start over him.

long time since you quoted me homey.

i think the last time it was when spain lost the first game on the WC against switzerland.

hope you enjoyed the rest of the chamionship!!! :D

Weeducatekids
07-31-2010, 06:42 PM
I want Rudy but I hope Sam Smith is wrong I don't want to give up Taj Gibson. Portland has no need for him and I think Taj would be essential to limit Boozers minutes plus we need insurance in case Boozer where to get injured. I think the Blazers don't have the upper hand and they should get our first round pick for next year and/or James Johnson. But history says that if Sam Smith says it its purely speculation and not high chances of being accurate. He usually post what he would like or what he would think w/ no inside info. IMO worst team beat writer ever.
x2

Hellcrooner
07-31-2010, 06:43 PM
Hellcrooner is drunk again!

he is 6,9 he plays like Garbajosa so he can play both positions.

RCarlson85
07-31-2010, 06:58 PM

How? He hasn't done anything. He has potential, but that's it. If he was that great do you really think the Blazers would trade him or have him coming off the bench like they have. I would rather have Taj Gibson. He's showed more than Rudy has.

RCarlson85
07-31-2010, 07:00 PM

Bingo, my thoughts exactly. I'm not sure why everyone is always so high on European players, especially when they haven't proved anything? I don't get it.

effen5
07-31-2010, 07:13 PM
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu not taj :(

effen5
07-31-2010, 07:16 PM
Man I am 21 years old. Some Bulls fans are really overating Taj like he is god or sumtin smh. I watched Pendergraph sense A-State kid can play ask the Blazers he has good role player ability and can do all the things Taj do. He is younger and a lil bigger than Taj. And Rudy would do good on this team he has fringe All-Star potential. Taj is 25 years old at best he is Haslem. There are plenty of back-up PF out there that can do a decent job, thats why they are back-ups. Taj will never be a starting PF on a championship team unless u have a stacked team at the PG,SG,SF, and C. Taj and 1st for Rudy and Pendergraph anyday. U are stupid if u think other wise.

Taj doesn't need to be a starter...thats the point...He is a VERY SOLID back up PF and he played his *** off last year....Sure his potential isn't high but he is just like joakim, works his *** off, does all the dirty work...those players are very hard to find.

And I think people are overrating Rudy.

JWO35
07-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Rudy ain't going to put them over the top, if anything this hurts the Bulls(makes their Big man depth weak off the bench).

effen5
07-31-2010, 07:21 PM
Rudy ain't going to put them over the top, if anything this hurts the Bulls(makes their Big man depth weak off the bench).

This

I wouldn't offer too much to Portland for a player that doesn't even want to player there

Take JJ + Our first and/or a couple of 2nds but thats it....I wouldn't give up our pick from Charlottes either.

SeoulBeatz
07-31-2010, 07:27 PM
Wow if Taj Gibson is all it takes why aren't my Sixers all over this!?

Taj is nice, but he's a 25 year old second year player.

id be willing to give up Thaddeus Young, Lou Will, or marreese speights just to get this guy

Hellcrooner
07-31-2010, 07:32 PM
lol so rudy isnt god because he didnt start.

People is forgetting the starter for taht position is BRANDON ****ING ROY???????????

homestarunner93
07-31-2010, 07:32 PM
long time since you quoted me homey.

i think the last time it was when spain lost the first game on the WC against switzerland.

hope you enjoyed the rest of the chamionship!!! :D

If only I cared about soccer...

Hellcrooner
07-31-2010, 07:34 PM
If only I cared about soccer...

oh you cared when you went to troll on me on that thread.

Pity it backfired. :p

BEARaBULL
07-31-2010, 07:35 PM
Ok...when I read the title of this thread...I got a little worried because I think Taj is a GREAT role-player. Then I actually read the link and noticed that the title of this thread is completely inaccurate. I would love Rudy, but until we have a great backup for Boozer...I'm not ready to see Taj go. Bring Rudy to Chicago, but be smart please!

Sports Illustrator
07-31-2010, 07:35 PM
I am a bit surprised by Chicago's offer, its a strong offer for sure. I personally think they are better off signing T-Mac and keeping Gibson at the same time. They already have Brewer and Korver at SG and by giving Gibson, they may be hurting their front court bench just a little bit. As for the Blazers, it gives them help off the bench for sure but trading away Rudy Fernandez can still hurt them.

Mplsman
07-31-2010, 07:53 PM
This would be a great pick up for the bulls.

Shonuff
07-31-2010, 07:54 PM
Notice all the haters are Heat and Pistons fans. What's new. lol

VinceCarter
07-31-2010, 07:55 PM
This would be a great trade for the Blazers.

Gators123
07-31-2010, 08:03 PM
Notice all the haters are Heat and Pistons fans. What's new. lol

Pistons fans are hating? Only one Pistons fan posted in here, and he didn't "hate" on anything. Stop trying to cause problems.

Mochalman
07-31-2010, 08:07 PM
if they can get something else with rudy then do it, if not you got to pass.

Stunner
07-31-2010, 08:11 PM
Taj doesn't need to be a starter...thats the point...He is a VERY SOLID back up PF and he played his *** off last year....Sure his potential isn't high but he is just like joakim, works his *** off, does all the dirty work...those players are very hard to find.

And I think people are overrating Rudy.

We can find dirty work players a dime a dozen as well as very solid back-ups. I knw Rudys value but he does have more potential then Taj and Rudy is a starter cal SG in the NBA based off his numbers. This is a fair trade.This is Ben Gordon and Luol Deng trade all over again. Bulls fans falling in love with players and wont trade em.

Stunner
07-31-2010, 08:13 PM
I said it at the end of the season and Im saying it now Taj will be in any or every trade to get a young or starter quailty SG. Unless the other team doesnt need big man help.

Hellcrooner
07-31-2010, 08:15 PM
the thing is the folowing.

taj is a bench lplayer role player 8-9 rotaton in chicago tak woudl be a Bench player in blazers too 7-9 rotation

Rudy is a bench player in portland role 7 to 9 layer but in chicago he coudl end up being anywhere btween Sixth man, Starter or even at best THIRD SCORING option under rose and boozer.

So come on a Posible starter is not worht a BENCH player'?

You can sign 7-9 rotations for vets min a dime a dozen.

Slimsim
07-31-2010, 08:22 PM
How? He hasn't done anything. He has potential, but that's it. If he was that great do you really think the Blazers would trade him or have him coming off the bench like they have. I would rather have Taj Gibson. He's showed more than Rudy has.

they get deeper that's how.

Rose
Rudy
Deng
Boozer
Noah

That Starting 5 can take Most Elite teams any day. They have a good balance of offense and defense.

bucc4life
07-31-2010, 08:34 PM
T-WOLVES should be jumping all over this??? we have multiple 1st round picks and a opening spot at SG :confused: KAHN!!!!

Shonuff
07-31-2010, 08:36 PM
Pistons fans are hating? Only one Pistons fan posted in here, and he didn't "hate" on anything. Stop trying to cause problems.

Yeah, I'm talking about you. Nothing positive ever comes out of your mouth regarding Chicago. Not that it should but I'm just pointing out the obvious. The glory days are over son.

Hellcrooner
07-31-2010, 08:38 PM
T-WOLVES should be jumping all over this??? we have multiple 1st round picks and a opening spot at SG :confused: KAHN!!!!

what for? he is not a pg and we all know Khan needs some more Pg :p

HowBoutDemBulls
07-31-2010, 08:38 PM
No way should we give up Taj for Rudy

smith&wesson
07-31-2010, 08:43 PM
rose
rudy
deng
boozer
noah

=

bad ***

Redbull
07-31-2010, 08:50 PM
I would much rather keep Taj, they want picks so maybe a 1st rounder and JJ for Rudy.

RCarlson85
07-31-2010, 08:51 PM
they get deeper that's how.

Rose
Rudy
Deng
Boozer
Noah

That Starting 5 can take Most Elite teams any day. They have a good balance of offense and defense.

How do they get deeper by trading one bench player for another? This would give them no one behind Boozer. I think if anything they need more bigs not wing players. That lineup is still not good enough to beat Miami, Orlando, Boston, or Atlanta. They might be able to take the division over the Bucks, but I think even that would be tough.

RCarlson85
07-31-2010, 09:00 PM
I don't think anyone was hating. I'm not sure where that came from. The only thing I've seen is people saying the bulls shouldn't trade for Rudy because they think Taj is better. That's what I said. I'm not sure how that's hating, it's more like a complement to your current player.

BrotherRedz
07-31-2010, 09:08 PM
Do it Bulls, I'll be laughing more if you people say

Rudy > Miller

Damn this is really funny if it happens

But take note, Rudy is injury prone, take the better strong young man instead.
Make better plays for Luol Deng instead, rather than taking another shooter

cutiepie80
07-31-2010, 09:09 PM
This is an awful idea if they get rid of Boozer's backup and he also made the all rookie first team last year.

Bulls need to sign McGrady for cheap and keep everyone else. No sense in trading a pivotal up and coming backup for Boozer who gets injured.

cutiepie80
07-31-2010, 09:11 PM
Rose/Watson
Brewer/McGrady
Deng/Korver/Johnson
Boozer/Gibson
Noah/Asik

That is a top 3/4 eastern team right there.

bucc4life
07-31-2010, 09:20 PM
PG Rubio/Ridnour
SG Rudy/Webster
SF Beasley/Johnson
PF Love/Pek
C Darko/Koufos

lol I see nothing but white guys on the T-Wolves

bucc4life
07-31-2010, 09:25 PM
When Rubio arrives that means J.Flynn will be dealt . . . probably for a big man

Hellcrooner
07-31-2010, 09:26 PM
Do it Bulls, I'll be laughing more if you people say

Rudy > Miller

Damn this is really funny if it happens

But take note, Rudy is injury prone, take the better strong young man instead.
Make better plays for Luol Deng instead, rather than taking another shooter

injury prone??????

only injury he has had ( tht cause dhim trouble to fully heal) wans because of stupid Ariza Assasin kiarate kick when he was in the air.

Mave1002
07-31-2010, 09:46 PM
Id like to see him in Chicago than in any place else. (except over here of course) but yeah, they can make him an instant starter and for sure hed get more playing time.

Very decent starting five with a fairly good bench.

Noah
Boozer
Deng
Rudy
Rose

O.Asik
K.Thomas
Brewer
Korver
Watson

Signing with Miami would be a huge mistake for obvious reasons.:facepalm:

D1JM
07-31-2010, 10:11 PM
we getting shaq baby

swaddell13
07-31-2010, 10:14 PM
anywhere new to let out the potential superstar he is sposed to be

CubsBullsBucs
07-31-2010, 10:15 PM
ehhh i'd rather trade jj than taj. no backup for booz now, dont like this move

Scarface-Bulls
07-31-2010, 10:18 PM
How about Shaq to the Heat sounds great

archangel
07-31-2010, 10:20 PM
We can find dirty work players a dime a dozen as well as very solid back-ups. I knw Rudys value but he does have more potential then Taj and Rudy is a starter cal SG in the NBA based off his numbers. This is a fair trade.This is Ben Gordon and Luol Deng trade all over again. Bulls fans falling in love with players and wont trade em.

x2

Triggerman
07-31-2010, 10:36 PM
NO to this trade!!!! Bulls will have a problem if Boozer goes down!!!! Sign T-Mac & Shaq to minimum deals and be than with it!!!! &%$#@#$ Portland!!!!

Aussy4GM
07-31-2010, 10:38 PM

i agree. i think this is terrible. i honestly feel like Taj Gibson has a way higher ceiling than rudy

Hellcrooner
07-31-2010, 10:48 PM
this is funny
Chicago fans say is a bad trade and tha tprotland asks for too much.

Blazers fans say its too low an offer and that a first must be aded.

wich makes bme understand

1 both fanbases OVERATE their players.

2 the offer actually is probably very acurate

cutiepie80
07-31-2010, 11:00 PM
this is funny
Chicago fans say is a bad trade and tha tprotland asks for too much.

Blazers fans say its too low an offer and that a first must be aded.

wich makes bme understand

1 both fanbases OVERATE their players.

2 the offer actually is probably very acurate

The Bulls got their starting sg, whom I think was a really poor choice because he CAN'T shoot. But, if they give up their backup pf who was our starting pf last year for a whiney backup sg who has proven nothing.......yeah bulls get the worst part of the deal.

Hellcrooner
07-31-2010, 11:01 PM
The Bulls got their starting sg, whom I think was a really poor choice because he CAN'T shoot. But, if they give up their backup pf who was our starting pf last year for a whiney backup sg who has proven nothing.......yeah bulls get the worst part of the deal.

because there arent some dudes out there still unsigned that can play pf???

and dont bulls have thomas signed? he is good enough for a back up.

cutiepie80
07-31-2010, 11:12 PM
because there arent some dudes out there still unsigned that can play pf???

and dont bulls have thomas signed? he is good enough for a back up.

He's our pf for the future too, don't know why you don't value him as high as I do because he would be great for us off the bench.

Shonuff
07-31-2010, 11:35 PM
How do they get deeper by trading one bench player for another? This would give them no one behind Boozer. I think if anything they need more bigs not wing players. That lineup is still not good enough to beat Miami, Orlando, Boston, or Atlanta. They might be able to take the division over the Bucks, but I think even that would be tough.

I don't think anyone was hating. I'm not sure where that came from. The only thing I've seen is people saying the bulls shouldn't trade for Rudy because they think Taj is better. That's what I said. I'm not sure how that's hating, it's more like a complement to your current player.

Seriously, any time I see a Heat fan post it makes me sick. One reason is because there is a good chance they recently became a Heat fan. Two, the act like King ***** now and we're going to have to hear it all season. I don't give a crap what you say. It is all garbage to me.

Rocco007
07-31-2010, 11:59 PM
Rose, Rudy, Deng, Bozer Noah deng and noah priovide the defense rose, boozer, rudy the offense, brewer the efense from the bench and korver the offense from the bench, sounds real good.

-------

I still think Chicago lacks length, defensive muscle and floor leadership...
L.A. would walk though them in a series...

Chronz
08-01-2010, 12:14 AM

Ftw

Stunner
08-01-2010, 12:19 AM
Taj is not the PF of the Future smh to who ever said that in five years he will be 30.

JerseysFinest
08-01-2010, 12:21 AM
i like this 4 chicago, get that extra 3 point shooting and athleticism off the bench, plus they already added a top 10 pf to replace gibson

dabears2010
08-01-2010, 12:27 AM

FAIL. Korver is more of a SG than a SF.

MJ-BULLS
08-01-2010, 12:33 AM
NO to this trade!!!! Bulls will have a problem if Boozer goes down!!!! Sign T-Mac & Shaq to minimum deals and be than with it!!!! &%$#@#$ Portland!!!!

shaq is not coming to Chicago.

bulls got Kurt Thomas instead of him.

TheTakeOver24
08-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Seriously, any time I see a Heat fan post it makes me sick. One reason is because there is a good chance they recently became a Heat fan. Two, the act like King ***** now and we're going to have to hear it all season. I don't give a crap what you say. It is all garbage to me.

that ^ is a beauty of a post right there.
:clap:

mwoodri
08-01-2010, 12:43 AM
I would NOT trade Taj straight up! I would, however, do the following:

1. 2011 1st
2. 2011 1st and 2nd or future 2nd
3. Bobcats 1st 2012-14

If they are going to trade Taj they better get Pendergraph back, but I hope they can get Rudy without giving up Taj.

Rose/Watson
Brewer/Rudy
Deng/Korver
Boozer/Gibson
Noah/Asik/Thoms

That is a pretty solid, well-balanced team.

Giantwarrior
08-01-2010, 12:43 AM
looks like a good even trade.

scutch11
08-01-2010, 12:46 AM
taj is a nice player but i think people on here are overrating his potential...the guy is 25 already, and was projected to come in and contribute right away, but not improve much...looks like the way hes headed right now

rudy has potential, but hasnt contributed the way taj did last year

i think its a solid trade for both teams

justinnum1
08-01-2010, 01:00 AM
lol

hgtiger32
08-01-2010, 01:02 AM

:laugh: :badidea: :drunk: um no. if that was the case the Blazers would be a better team than they have been...nice try though. Last I checked it's Boston, Miami, and Orlando as the top 3. Plus the Bucks will give Bulls a run for their money (no homerism)

kjoke
08-01-2010, 01:04 AM
:laugh: :badidea: :drunk: um no. if that was the case the Blazers would be a better team than they have been...nice try though. Last I checked it's Boston, Miami, and Orlando as the top 3. Plus the Bucks will give Bulls a run for their money (no homerism)

i agree :shrug:

mwoodri
08-01-2010, 01:07 AM
kjoke: why are Bosh, Wade, and James bent over in your sig?

kjoke
08-01-2010, 01:09 AM

i dont think there ar, there heads just down

Davisayan
08-01-2010, 01:28 AM
I'd welcome the trade only because i see Deng getting some PT @ the 4. Although i'd hate to see Taj go, Deng and Taj are just about the same size and Deng is a great rebounding sf. The biggest question is if Boozer gets bit by the injury bug......I wouldn't mind seeing Rose, Rudy, Ronnie, Deng, Noah. Rudy is an assassin from beyond the arc (he holds a record for some 3pt category) but thats not the only thing he does good. He's a good balanced player. If this trade goes through i'd like the bulls to pursue another shot blocker like Louis Amundson to complete the roster at 12.

DeShaun Brown
08-01-2010, 01:52 AM

:clap: I would throw in a 2nd rounder to sweeten the deal.

yoseppii12
08-01-2010, 02:12 AM
I'd welcome the trade only because i see Deng getting some PT @ the 4. Although i'd hate to see Taj go, Deng and Taj are just about the same size and Deng is a great rebounding sf. The biggest question is if Boozer gets bit by the injury bug......I wouldn't mind seeing Rose, Rudy, Ronnie, Deng, Noah. Rudy is an assassin from beyond the arc (he holds a record for some 3pt category) but thats not the only thing he does good. He's a good balanced player. If this trade goes through i'd like the bulls to pursue another shot blocker like Louis Amundson to complete the roster at 12.

I don't know about it. Maybe if there was different circumstances but I feel like Taj played some of the best rookie ball with scoring and rebounding while Rudy is practically forcing a trade because of playing time. Portland should not be able to get someone like Taj- Cheap, consistent, hardworking, lead by example (would of averaged very close to 10-10 if he started all year and/or played more minutes than 29pg i think) For Rudy who shows flashes of scoring ability but ultimately is "thinking about going back to Europe" to force a trade from a promising team in Portland.

Normally off stats this would seem like a fairly even trade both play 25-29 minutes and bring different things to the table. Rudy 38 percent 3 shooting 10ppg and Taj 7.5ppg 7.5rpg.

But I agree with what everyone says about Boozer. He is going to have to take games off. He wont be there for the entire year. Rebounding was the best part of our team last year and he was crucial to that happening. I think Thibs would care more to have Taj then Rudy on his team.

Obviously we need a starting SG but I dont know if Rudy would fill that. If we have him it puts us in a bind because we have two guys that are backup types at one of the most crucial positions on a basketball team.

Keep Taj or trade him at deadline for a better sg than Rudy. Still go for Rudy though just give them less. Do get rid of Taj though if you can pick up Pendergraph along with Rudy but only give 2nd rounder too. I just don't like this trade itd be a side step unless we replaced Tajs spot.

gbrl
08-01-2010, 02:19 AM
i dont think there ar, there heads just down

it looks like they are peeing

Shonuff
08-01-2010, 04:29 AM
that ^ is a beauty of a post right there.
:clap:

Could someone please tell me what was just posted? Sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher to me.

archangel
08-01-2010, 05:14 AM

because they are about to get their daily allowance of butt plunges up there balloon knots from there daddy pat riley. Hahaha

JordansBulls
08-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Not in favor of this. We need as many big guys as possible.

jiggin
08-01-2010, 10:57 AM
only thing i like about Taj is his rebounding.

Think the blazers will pass on this deal. Don't see how it benefits them with what they have on their roster. Their bench has better players already than with more promise than Taj. Unless they want to replace Juwan Howard's back up bench spot with Taj rather than leaving it for Pendergraph/Cunningham to cover.

It would be a backup role for taj with him only getting about 10 minutes of playing time a game...Blazers have too much depth to give him anymore.

kendawg73
08-01-2010, 11:08 AM
This deal sucks balls!!!!! Once you think the Bulls front office has a decent off season, they screw it up by doing this!! Rudy is not that good...atleast Taj has shown he is a decent player and would not be a distraction coming off the bench. Taj is a excellent back-up to Boozer. Rudy will not start over Brewer, and of course he'll start *****ing about his minutes just like in Portland. Horrible move on the Bulls part. I hope this trade does not go through!!!!!!!

Hellcrooner
08-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Now i understnd why you passed on Pau because Deng was an Untouchable :D and then pased on KObe BRYANT becae your young core of Gordon, Hinrich and Deng was too good to break up............

the nightman
08-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Now i understnd why you passed on Pau because Deng was an Untouchable :D and then pased on KObe BRYANT becae your young core of Gordon, Hinrich and Deng was too good to break up............

Why is your typing so god awful? Just type normally please.

We passed on Kobe because he didn't want to play here if Deng was gone, and Deng was part of the deal.

cwltank
08-01-2010, 01:14 PM
taj gibson is a good young forward so its too bad they have to give him up, but i think its a good deal for the bulls...but at the same time they need more shooting because all they have is korver and maybe deng can shoot it a little...i think he shot a little over 30% last season from 3..but other than those 2 nothing...

u have 2 give a little to get a little

AddiX
08-01-2010, 01:33 PM
TBH I think both players are over-rated and I don't think either of them are changing any teams fortunes.

monty77
08-01-2010, 01:34 PM
This deal sucks balls!!!!! Once you think the Bulls front office has a decent off season, they screw it up by doing this!! Rudy is not that good...atleast Taj has shown he is a decent player and would not be a distraction coming off the bench. Taj is a excellent back-up to Boozer. Rudy will not start over Brewer, and of course he'll start *****ing about his minutes just like in Portland. Horrible move on the Bulls part. I hope this trade does not go through!!!!!!!

I think now is the best moment to trade Tj Gibson.

jiggin
08-01-2010, 02:19 PM
At least Rudy has the rookie player 3pt record....thats more than Taj can say....

bodupp311
08-01-2010, 02:20 PM

We didnt "pass" on Kobe. Think(maybe research) before you post.

Chronz
08-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Bulls fans should be all over this, are you ******** me a starter for a backup always works out. Unless you plan on your best player getting hurt otherwise whats the need for a backup PF?

What are you basing your opinion on? What makes Taj decent and how has Rudy not proven himself to be a better player?

bodupp311
08-01-2010, 02:29 PM
[QUOTE=Chronz;14402400]Bulls fans should be all over this, are you ******** me a starter for a backup always works out. Unless you plan on your best player getting hurt otherwise whats the need for a backup PF?

Carlos. Boozer.

Chronz
08-01-2010, 02:30 PM

Spoken like someone who hasnt watched or analyzed the Blazers precarious situation this past year. They GREATLY overachieved, they missed the most amount of games from their core players of all the playoff teams and they still had a comparable record.

kendawg73
08-01-2010, 02:36 PM
At least Rudy has the rookie player 3pt record....thats more than Taj can say....

But Taj had more of an impact on his team. He was a starter, Rudy wasn't. Rudy's 3 point percentage is not worth giving up our back-up power forward who started last year as a rookie. I would rather see them go after Shannon Brown, who shoots decent and has already showed his athleticism. If Rudy is so great why wasn't he starting? The Bulls are also taking a chance of him walking after one season to go play in Europe. So basically if he walks, the Bulls gave up Taj for one season of Rudy. Horrible idea!!!!!

Hellcrooner
08-01-2010, 02:42 PM
But Taj had more of an impact on his team. He was a starter, Rudy wasn't. Rudy's 3 point percentage is not worth giving up our back-up power forward who started last year as a rookie. I would rather see them go after Shannon Brown, who shoots decent and has already showed his athleticism. If Rudy is so great why wasn't he starting? The Bulls are also taking a chance of him walking after one season to go play in Europe. So basically if he walks, the Bulls gave up Taj for one season of Rudy. Horrible idea!!!!!

1 you play rudy, rudy does not go back to europe.

2 taj was a starter, was eh injured at any moment of the season?
who did he have to compete with to be a starter?

Rudy was injured for some time and he has to compete with ****ing brandon roy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

mikeman0000
08-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Bulls would have a really nicely balanced team.

PG: Rose
SG: Brewer/Rudy
SF: Deng/Korver
PF: Boozer
C: Noah

:drool:

Draco
08-01-2010, 02:46 PM

Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually leaves for Spain a la Juan Carlos Navarro

Hellcrooner
08-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually leaves for Spain a la Juan Carlos Navarro

if he is playing 30 mpg ( regarldess of ig its as starter or 6th men) and gets aroudn 12 touches per game he wont walk out.

mrblisterdundee
08-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Just do it. Rudy Fernandez is the reason I'd be willing to trade Brandon Roy for Chris Paul, but Portland can't utilize him properly while it already has the third best shooting guard in the league. Either Portland needs to trade Roy to New Orleans for Paul and make Fernandez the starting two guard, or it needs to make this trade. I hope the former happens, despite how awesome Roy is.

Draco
08-01-2010, 02:50 PM
1 you play rudy, rudy does not go back to europe.

I don't see enough benefit for the Bulls to trade Taj for a player who threatens to leave for Spain if he isn't given minutes.

Hellcrooner
08-01-2010, 02:54 PM
I don't see enough benefit for the Bulls to trade Taj for a player who threatens to leave for Spain if he isn't given minutes.

let me guess if your FA is offering taj is becuse they INTEND to give him the minutes???
adn who assures you if taj is all that you think he wont wak out as soons as he is Fa because he cant start over booz

Hellcrooner
08-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Just do it. Rudy Fernandez is the reason I'd be willing to trade Brandon Roy for Chris Paul, but Portland can't utilize him properly while it already has the third best shooting guard in the league. Either Portland needs to trade Roy to New Orleans for Paul and make Fernandez the starting two guard, or it needs to make this trade. I hope the former happens, despite how awesome Roy is.

agree.

a blazer fan that can see beyond his glasses!!!!!!!:clap:

Draco
08-01-2010, 03:04 PM
let me guess if your FA is offering taj is becuse they INTEND to give him the minutes???
adn who assures you if taj is all that you think he wont wak out as soons as he is Fa because he cant start over booz

The Bulls have 2 PFs and 2 SGs.. this trade would give the Bulls 1 PF and 3 SGs.. I think Taj is a serviceable backup PF that fills a position of need and has no track record of forcing a trade. If the Bulls can get Rudy for a draft pick and/or a more expendable player then I'm in.

Hellcrooner
08-01-2010, 03:06 PM
The Bulls have 2 PFs and 2 SGs.. this trade would give the Bulls 1 PF and 3 SGs.. I think Taj is a serviceable backup PF that fills a position of need and has no track record of forcing a trade. If the Bulls can get Rudy for a draft pick and/or a more expendable player then I'm in.

im hearing pendengraph woudl be heading chicago way.

daricoliver
08-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Im sick of all the Rudy, Rudy, Rudy love out there. I am ready for it to be over already. I hope he gets traded so we can stop hearing about it. Rudy is nothing more than a sixth man, offense off the bench. He is not a starter, not now, and no time soon. He is not a good defensive player and would not pair well with Rose in that regard. I think CJ Watson can actually play the 2 guard a bit, so they're not as thin there as people think.

redwhitenblue
08-01-2010, 03:23 PM
im hearing pendengraph woudl be heading chicago way.
Great, he'd instantly be the worst F/C on the team. Worse than Kurt Thomas, Omer Asik, Noah/Boozer/Deng.

Now if any of the latter 3 get injured, which they do yearly, we're looking at major time for Kurt Thomas.

Hellcrooner
08-01-2010, 03:24 PM
deng can play some pf too.

Kakaroach
08-01-2010, 03:40 PM
I don't see why the Bulls make this move at all. Give up a solid young big man who did great last year in return for a wing when you already have a good wing situation with Deng/Korver/Brewer.

daleja424
08-01-2010, 03:45 PM
the bulls need a starting two-guard IMO and a guy that can put the ball in the basket. I think Korver and Brewer are both good niche players, but Rudy gives them a new demension. You are talking about trading a backup PF (and a guy that will always be a backup since they just inked Boozer for 5 years) for a starting 2 guard. Get that done.

goblazers7
08-01-2010, 03:46 PM
I like it For both teams

Miller/Bayless/Johnson
Roy/Mathews/Williams
Batum/Babbitt/Cunningham
Aldridge/Gibson/Pendergraph
Oden/Camby/Pryzbilla

I say Pryz is going to be gone soon.

redwhitenblue
08-01-2010, 03:48 PM
the bulls need a starting two-guard IMO and a guy that can put the ball in the basket. I think Korver and Brewer are both good niche players, but Rudy gives them a new demension. You are talking about trading a backup PF (and a guy that will always be a backup since they just inked Boozer for 5 years) for a starting 2 guard. Get that done.
Rudy won't be the auto-starter if he comes, he has to beat out Brewer for that position. You're talking about trading the backup PF to a front court with injury histories to bring in a 3rd SG.

kjoke
08-01-2010, 03:55 PM
meh, bulls get weaker i think but stillhow many minutes would taj play for the bulls, thomas would be a slid back up, i can see why the bulls would do that

ChicagoBulls24
08-01-2010, 08:17 PM
fan: "Let's play the "IF" game. If the Bulls get Fernandez in a sign and trade, where does that put the Bulls in the Eastern Conference? I know it would depend on what they send to Portland and I'm hoping Gibson is not included. It would give them great depth at the SG and SF position. Deng, Korver, Brewer and Fernandez is pretty deep and would be very productive! What are the odds of a trade going through?"

Sam: "From what I've heard it's in Portland's hands now for what they want. I've heard the Bulls have a pretty good shot, but nothing matters until it's done. Let's not overstate Fernandez, who always has sounded better than he has performed. But he'd be an excellent addition, and as I wrote Monday the No. 1 guy I'd still pursue."

Sorry but no where in here does it say Taj for Rudy was offered. Sam just talks about how we have a good shot at landing Fernandez. I don't believe the Bulls even want to get rid of Taj IMO.

Khalifa21
08-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Taj is a good player but why would Portland do this?

They have a crowded front court as it is with LaMarcus Aldridge, Greg Oden, Marcus Camby, Joel Pryzbilla and Pendergraph and Dante Cunningham developing.

Just doesn't make any sense for Portland to be honest.

kendawg73
08-01-2010, 10:30 PM
deng can play some pf too.

Deng also has a problem with staying healthy too. So lets say we do trade Taj for Rudy, and Boozer ends up hurt and so does Deng (which is almost guaranteed considering his previous years with injuries) that puts Kurt Thomas playing PF at a lot of minutes....not good. Rudy is not worth the Bulls giving up depth, especially when the player is talented and has played well. Now if the Blazers want one of the Bulls picks...then I'm okay with that.

BradyIsTheMan12
08-01-2010, 11:04 PM

Disagree completely..You do realize Paul wouldn't want to come to Portland if Roy is gone, right?

J_M_B
08-01-2010, 11:11 PM
The Bulls are better off keeping Taj..

Aapox
08-01-2010, 11:17 PM
The Bulls are better off keeping Taj..

/thread

cutiepie80
08-02-2010, 12:50 AM
Sign McGrady and keep a vital part off the bench in Gibson. Bulls just need to take a chance and see what McGrady can do.

SANDBURG23
08-02-2010, 01:10 AM
bulls getting riped off.

SchyGuy11
08-02-2010, 01:14 AM
i don't want to lose taj

KDM1986
08-02-2010, 01:26 AM
If getting rudy means losing taj then forget it. Taj stepped up big time for The Bulls last year. Not worth losing the best big we have coming off the bench to grab rudy who hasnt exactly been stellar for Portland.

tredigs
08-02-2010, 01:52 AM

That's Stephen Curry's record at this point.

Rudy's 24 and has yet to show that he can do much of anything besides launch three's (albeit real well), so I'm not sure why they'd need that on their team when they've already signed Korver to come off the bench. They also would have a thin/injury prone low block (whereas Portland has Aldridge/Oden/Camby/Przybilla).

This trade makes both teams worse, I would be pretty surprised if there was even any truth behind it.

ChiSox219
08-02-2010, 01:53 AM
Stupid trade for Bulls

Sam Smith is a fan.

dodie53
08-02-2010, 04:20 AM
why would the blazers need another big?

xbrackattackx
08-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Guess this fell though.

blazerman
08-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Disagree completely..You do realize Paul wouldn't want to come to Portland if Roy is gone, right?

Im starting to wonder if that guy is a pure dingbat!

I think that guy has a bigger hardon for Rudy than Hellcrooner.