PDA

View Full Version : Eddie House signs with Heat

Pages : [1] 2

king4day
07-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Eddie House has reached agreement on a two-year, $2.8 million deal with the Miami Heat, his agent, Mark Bartelstein tells Y! Sports.

http://twitter.com/wojyahoonba

xbrackattackx
07-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Wow, great signing they are getting deeper.

erik7
07-29-2010, 12:01 PM
LOL @ everyone that said they could sign with Miami because they wouldn't get anyone

Avenged
07-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Great signing, indeed. Eddie could definitely help them since he will be a player to spread the floor. But where are the Heat getting the money to add players?

xbrackattackx
07-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Great signing, indeed. Eddie could definitely help them since he will be a player to spread the floor. But where are the Heat getting the money to add players?

It was a Vet Min. Teams get unlimited amounts of those.

Southsideheat
07-29-2010, 12:03 PM
People don't realized that Eddie House, Ilgalskus, J. Howard would be out of the league if it wasn't for the Heat.

erik7
07-29-2010, 12:07 PM
People don't realized that Eddie House, Ilgalskus, J. Howard would be out of the league if it wasn't for the Heat.

maybe Juan but eddie and big z???

They are still great bench players and role players....

king4day
07-29-2010, 12:08 PM
LOL @ everyone that said they could sign with Miami because they wouldn't get anyone

I can't tell you how tired I am of Heat fans (new ones mainly) making posts like this EVERY time they sign someone.

U MAD??? WE JUST SIGNED A STREAK SHOOTER!!!! U MAD????

Enough already. It's a solid signing.

Southsideheat
07-29-2010, 12:09 PM
maybe Juan but eddie and big z???

They are still great bench players and role players....

are you kidding me? C'mon now. The big 3 are going to have to play at least 42 minutes a game and not get hurt.

Hoopsadvocate
07-29-2010, 12:09 PM

:facepalm:

Ya cause the celtics and cavs werent trying to sign them or anything.

justinnum1
07-29-2010, 12:10 PM
That a boy Pat.

HouRealCoach
07-29-2010, 12:11 PM
House, Miller, and Jones are going to light teams up!

king4day
07-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Looks like the Bulls were the team Miami beat out to get House. I wonder if the offers were the same. He had two really good options.

Chronz
07-29-2010, 12:12 PM
I gotta give House some props, 10 years ago NOBODY would have said hed outlast several young all-stars.

kjoke
07-29-2010, 12:12 PM

thats why he picked the heat over the bulls, cause no team wanted him:rolleyes:

Hoopsadvocate
07-29-2010, 12:13 PM
I can't tell you how tired I am of Heat fans (new ones mainly) making posts like this EVERY time they sign someone.

well after all the crap people talked mainly..

No way lebron goes to miami

No way the big 3 take pay cuts

no way they sign good role players

I think they are entitled to boast a little... i mean there comments only apply to the people who said all the negative things about us not the ones who quietly went about their normal business

tdunk21
07-29-2010, 12:13 PM
good signing ...evrytime i think of eddie house this incident comes into my mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ5TybvBZEA&feature=fvst

:laugh:

tdunk21
07-29-2010, 12:14 PM

:laugh2:

Kakaroach
07-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Another solid bench signing by the Heat, another shooter to help spread the floor.

camador22
07-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Wow, the Heat are turning their bench into one of the best in the league. What a great bench player they added.

blastmasta26
07-29-2010, 12:16 PM
House wasn't that good for us last year, but he'll probably get a lot of open looks in Miami, so it's a good signing for the Heat.

JordansBulls
07-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Good pickup for Miami. This will make it tougher to defend them now that they got another shooter.

king4day
07-29-2010, 12:17 PM

I think they are entitled to boast a little... i mean there comments only apply to the people who said all the negative things about us not the ones who quietly went about their normal business

I just never understood the whole "U Mad" thing. Mad at what?
I understand what ur saying though.

tdunk21
07-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Wow, the Heat are turning their bench into one of the best in the league. What a great bench player they added.

really? u sure about that? think again....

shizzle09
07-29-2010, 12:19 PM

then dont respond to those posters. you just fuel the fire by showing your frustration.

HeaTxRipZz
07-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Great signing for Miami they just got much deeper

kjoke
07-29-2010, 12:21 PM
The Heat are still weighing the possibility of signing free agent Tracy McGrady, league sources said.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsUWwgCo8_CmeYvmkrAM1528vLYF?slug=aw-eddiehouse072910

hmmm,

Baller1
07-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Damn, this was such a great pick-up.

**** you Miami. The rest of the league is going to be **** on, and if you're still not scared of Miami and don't think they're the favorites, then you are simply in denial.

SportsFanatic10
07-29-2010, 12:22 PM
wow this offseason couldn't of gone any better for miami...another outside shooter was needed since miller and jones were the only high percentage ones on the roster. this is great because jones is pretty much useless besides his outside shooting and now he'll hardly see the court at all which is definately a good thing. the last piece of the puzzle is in place...welcome back Eddie! next season i see miami adding a better center with the MLE and the dynasty will truly begin!

SportsFanatic10
07-29-2010, 12:23 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsUWwgCo8_CmeYvmkrAM1528vLYF?slug=aw-eddiehouse072910

hmmm,

NO!!! Don't do it! (mcgrady)

Hoopsadvocate
07-29-2010, 12:23 PM
I just never understood the whole "U Mad" things. Mad at what?

Well the "U mad" thing originated from http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/29358/original/umad.jpg?1260037695.

Miami fans made a variation of it. Basically saying mad because if your putting down another person/team/organization its cause u feel some anamosity towards them for whatever reason (jealousy u didn't get a player, that the team is a powerhouse and threatening your teams chances at a title, u personally never liked the player and just projecting ur hate towards them to the whole organization or w/e) so some of us have tried going the logical route but people keep trying to poke holes/put us down no matter how good we get so we simply are shying away from logic and giving the ignorant answer to combat the ignorant statements ( in as much as a simple non flaming way as possible)

Celtic AL
07-29-2010, 12:24 PM
HOLY BLEEP! this is not good

JordansBulls
07-29-2010, 12:24 PM

hmmm,

I'd be pissed if this happened.

kjoke
07-29-2010, 12:25 PM
I'd be pissed if this happened.

lol i know :p

BALLER71
07-29-2010, 12:25 PM

Mad that your team most likely struck out in Free Agency. Not saying the Suns.

king4day
07-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Well the "U mad" thing originated from http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/29358/original/umad.jpg?1260037695.

Miami fans made a variation of it. Basically saying mad because if your putting down another person/team/organization its cause u feel some anamosity towards them for whatever reason (jealousy u didn't get a player, that the team is a powerhouse and threatening your teams chances at a title, u personally never liked the player and just projecting ur hate towards them to the whole organization or w/e) so some of us have tried going the logical route but people keep trying to poke holes/put us down no matter how good we get so we simply are shying away from logic and giving the ignorant answer to combat the ignorant statements ( in as much as a simple non flaming way as possible)

Sweet lord, then I must be 'mad' at the lakers franchise and their fans :laugh:

Celtic AL
07-29-2010, 12:26 PM
That a boy Pat.

Indeed

Southsideheat
07-29-2010, 12:27 PM
thats why he picked the heat over the bulls, cause no team wanted him:rolleyes:

He'd be our 11th man off the bench and only because Thibs is our coach. He knew he wouldn't get any PT in chicago.

tdunk21
07-29-2010, 12:27 PM

hmmm,

i doubt it happens...coz mcgrady said before he will take less money but he wants to prove he is a starter and wants to start....thats the reason the bulls did not sign him....i think bulls wanted him to come off the bench

BALLER71
07-29-2010, 12:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO8lxCe2WXc&feature=related

O'Reilly was mad.

shep33
07-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Great signing, the only think I'd think we'd have to address about the Heat is their defense. They got a very good offensive team, but they don't really have stoppers on the other end besides Wade.

That's one of the things that might hinder them, I guess they'll be asking Miller, Wade and James to guard the other team's best player all night long. Gonna be really fun and interesting to watch how they buckle down on D.

Still great offensive signing, they now got 3 shooters, but another thing that I have to ask is when is this guy going to play? He's not a good pg, can't handle the ball well at all, and isn't a great passer. He's in this league to score and run off screens. Unless they just move Wade or LBJ to the pg and then House to the 2, that'll kinda make sense.

I think a lot of us, like em or not, want to see how this will work.

Celtic AL
07-29-2010, 12:29 PM
i will say this! People say the c's are old but when i look @ the heats Bench they Got Age! but who do i care there not starting

John Walls Era
07-29-2010, 12:29 PM
Good move.

mikantsass
07-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Good addition, great locker room guy. He will be a fan favorite in no time

king4day
07-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Maybe that's why there's rumor that the Heat may pursue Rivers next year.
If their offense clicks as it should, then they should be able to outscore most opponents regardless. If they become a defensive team too then they're in really good shape.

I think Chalmers and change will be dealt this season for a piece like Battier or someone like that. They'll just go without a legit PG.

Carey
07-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Great signing, He's a high energy, fearless guy that will def. get his share of open looks. Im still curious to see who the defenders are or what type of defense scheme they will employ.

bbblack40

Im not tryin to be funny but it looks like you made this thread.:shrug:

The new heat fans do make it hard i agree because they are showing no class.

kjoke
Great signing, the only think I'd think we'd have to address about the Heat is their defense. They got a very good offensive team, but they don't really have stoppers on the other end besides Wade.

That's one of the things that might hinder them, I guess they'll be asking Miller, Wade and James to guard the other team's best player all night long. Gonna be really fun and interesting to watch how they buckle down on D.

Still great offensive signing, they now got 3 shooters, but another thing that I have to ask is when is this guy going to play? He's not a good pg, can't handle the ball well at all, and isn't a great passer. He's in this league to score and run off screens. Unless they just move Wade or LBJ to the pg and then House to the 2, that'll kinda make sense.

the thing is that both bron and wade have stated that they wanna be the bset defendes in the league and there gonna go out to prove that, and lebron and wade are gonna run the point meaning that there needs to be shotters out there to hit it, house has a 40% 3 point shot

justinnum1

Miami was a top 2(http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/defense-per-game) defense last season, and that was with michael beasley...wade and lebron are DPOY candidates and anthony and chalmers are both great on D...Defense will not be a problem for the Heat.

Celtic AL
07-29-2010, 12:33 PM
the Heat Came out of no where! so that means the heat used up there spots! it looks AI & Tracy have to look some where else

defender4m
07-29-2010, 12:34 PM
good signing

netsgiantsyanks
07-29-2010, 12:35 PM
U MAD!!! lol

Sadds The Gr8
07-29-2010, 12:35 PM
good signing

Melo15
07-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Nice pickup, they're shaping up nicely.

kjoke
07-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Let the threes rain!

shep33
07-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Maybe that's why there's rumor that the Heat may pursue Rivers next year.
If their offense clicks as it should, then they should be able to outscore most opponents regardless. If they become a defensive team too then they're in really good shape.

I think Chalmers and change will be dealt this season for a piece like Battier or someone like that. They'll just go without a legit PG.

Yeah, I look at them on D and I'm still questioning it. Really they have no defensive bigs outside of Anthony, and he's okay but undersized... and really just more of a shot blocker. I love Big Z but we've learned that he can't guard the D12's etc, in this league.

Their perimeter defense is going to be questionable too. Wade is a pretty great defender, but he and James also had guys that would come in and play D on the other team's best wing players most of the time.

I don't know how good Miller is on D, honestly he's been on pretty crappy teams so I haven't really watched him much.

Even if they score a lot of points, they gotta get it together on D... Boston no matter who is Miami isn't gonna give up 100 ppg to them and thats what makes them better than most teams. As we've seen in the last long while, defense has won championships, whether it be LA, Boston, San Antonio, the Pistons, defense always gets it done.

king4day
07-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Im not tryin to be funny but it looks like you made this thread.:shrug:

The new heat fans do make it hard i agree because they are showing no class.

Nah I was just talking about a specific post. If it's a big name like Lebron and Bosh, then I understand it.
I just don't get it when they sign the likes of Juwan Howard and Eddie House.

SportsFanatic10
07-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Miami was a top 2(http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/defense-per-game) defense last season, and that was with michael beasley...wade and lebron are DPOY candidates and anthony and chalmers are both great on D...Defense will not be a problem for the Heat.

Exactly...defense will not be a concern for the heat for the most part at least not on the perimeter. Wade with his steals/blocks and lockdown skills is right up there as far as locking guys down when he needs to, and same for Lebron with his quickness and wingspan for someone his size. The inside is a bit weak since Haslem and Anthony are undersized but they're both tough players and decent defenders (especially Haslem). I just hope Bosh can improve on the defensive end which he should in the Heat's system, then Miami will be a defensive force. Not to mention chalmers, while not the greatest man to man defender he is great at coming up with steals.

Celtic AL
07-29-2010, 12:39 PM
i have a feeling the c's are going to trade for Fernandez

Giants88
07-29-2010, 12:40 PM
Where is Miami finding the cap room to do this?

DR. Pepper
bring on mcgrady next :clap:

kjoke
PG – Arroyo, House and Hasbrouck
SG – Miller
SF – JJones
PF – Haslem / Howard
C – ILgauskas / Pittman / Magloire

that the heat bench so far, maybe not the best, but certainly very good and many on that bench couuld be starters on other teams

Celtic AL
07-29-2010, 12:41 PM
bring on mcgrady next :clap:

not going to Happen!:facepalm:

Da Knicks
07-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Hope things go good for House he know can be used properly since he is a 2 guard trapped in a pg body. He really cant defend so he better be shooting lights out when he comes in.

king4day
07-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Does anyone have the Heat's full roster as of now?
I know a poster had it in their sig as they acquired players. Are they close to 15 players? What does their rotation look like if the season started today?

EDIT: nevermind, Kjoke posted it.

Lakeshow86
07-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Still not as good as lakers. They are loading up with a bunch of hasbeens and neverwas players around their big 3 players.

shep33
07-29-2010, 12:47 PM

Yeah but this is a completely different team now. Bosh or Big Z aren't nowhere near as good as JO guarding the paint. Lebron also had a pretty good defender in Parker take the other teams best player... one on one defense he hasn't impressed me at all in truth, he's a great help defender and he chases down and blocks shots, but we haven't seen him really lock down someone outside of maybe Paul Pierce last year.

Wade is a great defender, he can handle the other team's best player, but they also had Dorell Wright last year, who is a pretty versatile defender.

What I'm basically saying is that we don't know how good this team defensively will be, because they don't have as many guys who are gonna play D on the other teams best players. They (Bosh, Wade, and James), have the burden of playing D on the other teams best players, more than they ever have had to do in the past.

netsgiantsyanks
07-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Still not as good as lakers. They are loading up with a bunch of hasbeens and neverwas players around their big 3 players.

u mad?

SportsFanatic10
07-29-2010, 12:48 PM
This is how it looks on paper right now:

1 - Chalmers/Arroyo
2 - Wade/House/Hasbrouck
3 - James/Miller/Jones
4 - Bosh/Haslem/Howard
5 - Anthony/Big Z/Magloire/Pittman

Wow can't wait for the season to start!

dnewguy
07-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Your 2 major off-season move, Blake and Barnes also belong in that category.

The ChILL
07-29-2010, 12:54 PM
This is how it looks on paper right now:

1 - Chalmers/Arroyo
2 - Wade/House/Hasbrouck
3 - James/Miller/Jones
4 - Bosh/Haslem/Howard
5 - Anthony/Big Z/Magloire/Pittman

Wow can't wait for the season to start!

Good signing by the Heat as they continue to round a pretty formidable bench. I would be a little worried about the defensive prowess of that second line although it's usally easier to play defense with a big lead.

h2r09
07-29-2010, 12:55 PM
i personally find it hilarious how people are questioning the defense. Wade and LEbron are both great defenders. WE have one of if not the best perimeter defenders in the league. And Joel anthony is a great defender and the hate for BOsh is ridiculous. Nobody will give him any respect until he actually does it so im not even going to bother arguing with people. the best part is that he chose us over the bulls. we just need 1 more backup sf who can defend because we have everything else. mcgrady would be great if he would put his ego aside to win like everyone else on the team has.

Jonathan2323
07-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Great signing

Miller and House are going to make it rain!

what54!?
07-29-2010, 12:57 PM
that gives the heat a pretty decent bench. are people thinking that one of the big three aren't gonna be out there with them

DKGiants
07-29-2010, 12:57 PM
u mad?

ur not a MIAMI fan.. your sig has a Nets player in it.. :facepalm: worry about your own teams plz cuz u guys couldnt even win 13 games last year. no front running like half of these NEW Heat fans there are out there :whistle:

Reyes6
07-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Wow, congrats to Heat fans. A great pick-up for any team.

Celtic AL
07-29-2010, 01:06 PM
i personally find it hilarious how people are questioning the defense. Wade and LEbron are both great defenders. WE have one of if not the best perimeter defenders in the league. And Joel anthony is a great defender and the hate for BOsh is ridiculous. Nobody will give him any respect until he actually does it so im not even going to bother arguing with people. the best part is that he chose us over the bulls. we just need 1 more backup sf who can defend because we have everything else. Mcgrady would be great if he would put his ego aside to win like everyone else on the team has.:facepalm:

Jonathan2323
07-29-2010, 01:07 PM
We don't need Mcgrady, unless he wants to watch from the bench.

netsgiantsyanks
07-29-2010, 01:07 PM
ur not a MIAMI fan.. your sig has a Nets player in it.. :facepalm: worry about your own teams plz cuz u guys couldnt even win 13 games last year. no front running like half of these NEW Heat fans there are out there :whistle:

so?? it was a joke, like hardy har har?? dumbass :facepalm:

DKGiants
07-29-2010, 01:08 PM

Still not as good as the Lakers? you drunk buddy? Im a Knicks fan but i've come to realize that the Heat are gonna blow out almost every team in the NBA.. you are hardly gonna see WADEJAMESBOSH in the 4th quarter all year til maybe the last few mins when there bench lets up a few points or maybe not at all some games.

My example to everyone since Miami got Lebron: Lebron won 66 games w/ the Cavs by himself 2 years ago. dont say he had a good team because the players are terrible and you're gonna see why they end up in close to last place in the East this year. you now Add Wade and Bosh(who is overrated a bit and not as good as STAT :)) and all these other good role/bench players and you deff have 70+ wins easily. 75+? could happen. im looking hard at a team that can beat the Heat now cuz I really cant see it except maybe the Lakers, by luck. hope I tought all you fans who cant see the facts.
and I AM MAD :bang: **** u :guns:Lebron lol.

DKGiants
so?? i cant make a joke about the ongoing phrase??? dumbass:facepalm:

no u cant. get 13 wins then maybe

dolfan720
they should sign josh howard

Celtic AL
07-29-2010, 01:09 PM
We don't need Mcgrady, unless he wants to watch from the bench.

Bingo!

what54!?
07-29-2010, 01:10 PM
they should sign josh howardhe's gonna want to go on a team who will give him good PT

Jonathan2323
07-29-2010, 01:11 PM
he's gonna want to go on a team who will give him good PT

He signed with the Wiz

scutch11
house is literally the perfect player to complement wade and lebron, great off the ball pg/three point shooter off the bench. this really sucks i didnt think they'd be able to sign THIS many players (although i agree that big Z is pretty terrible and wont help them that much)

Russollini

I am a Heat fan and went to the U. Every time I see U Mad I think of the Canes. I think it is the Viral Marketing they did in Miami to hype the 3. It is working, it is generating excitement and money for the team, and they can use both.

plpfctn
07-29-2010, 01:12 PM
it's ok for the minimum. house can shoot the three but that's really it. can't play defense, too undersized probably shorter than six feet, can't play the PG, and gets pushed around like a pin ball machine. Heat will have to make serious lineup changes when he's on the court.

Jonathan2323
07-29-2010, 01:13 PM
house is literally the perfect player to complement wade and lebron, great off the ball pg/three point shooter off the bench. this really sucks i didnt think they'd be able to sign THIS many players (although i agree that big Z is pretty terrible and wont help them that much)

Exactly House doesn't need to bring the ball up, LBJ and Wade will do that most of the time. This team is going to be deadly.

scutch11
and if this team doesnt win at least 65 games this year then the big three should be castrated...personally i would love this though :D

_Supreme_
they should sign josh howard

I think he resigned with Washington already?

Besides he wasn't going to sign for the vet minimum anyway and he probably wants more minutes than he would get in Miami.

Rndy
Good pickup for Miami. I really didn't want him on the Bulls.

Zefflin
07-29-2010, 01:14 PM
and all these other good role/bench players and you deff have 70+ wins easily. 75+? could happen.

God I hate the Heat for creating fans that make Laker fans look like mini Hemmingways. And yuck, just yuck. House is the pits. That bench just looks gross. **** the Heat, we'll still 3-peat.

RCarlson85
07-29-2010, 01:15 PM

Are you serious? Do you know anything about these guys? Howard was signed to be a bench player for the Blazers last year, but ended up playing a lot and starting many games when Oden and Pryzbilla got injured. House has been a solid contributor off the bench for many years. Big Z is not a starter at this point, but if he didn't sign with the Heat other teams would have been interested. He will only need to play maybe 15 min off the bench, if that. These guys aren't stars, and no one would claim they are, but they can still help a team win coming off the bench.

netsgiantsyanks
no u cant. get 13 wins then maybe

this is EXACTLY why i dont like knicks fans. cant make a joke without some ****** *** knicks fan pulling the 12 win season outta their ***. lemme ask, is this a response on how bad the nets beat up the knicks over the past decade??? i thought so

Avenged

:nod:

There's like 1 solid Heat poster though, I just can't think of who it is at the moment.

plpfctn
SG – Miller
SF – JJones
PF – Haslem / Howard

that the heat bench so far, maybe not the best, but certainly very good and many on that bench couuld be starters on other teams

none of these players could be starters on other teams. Haslem has an outside change, but not many teams want a 6-8 PF starting.

what54!?
07-29-2010, 01:16 PM
don't let the "new heat fans" get to you king4day. it had to happen

Raidaz4Life
07-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Great pickup for the heat, I really like House.

what54!?
07-29-2010, 01:18 PM
none of these players could be starters on other teams. Haslem has an outside change, but not many teams want a 6-8 PF starting.hey if lebron can lead that scrub team he had two years ago to 65 wins and wade can lead those very scrub teams he had the past two years to 45 wins I like their chances together....and with bosh. All they have to do is gel

RCarlson85
07-29-2010, 01:18 PM

I'm a Heat fan and have never understood the U Mad thing. I think it's stupid. So you're not the only one. Not every Heat fan is like that though.

dnewguy
07-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Nice addition.

leftymo
07-29-2010, 01:19 PM

I agree with that one. I was one of them, but once I found out they traded for Lebron & Bosh, that changed everything.

I still think they lack big time in the front court though.

kjoke
07-29-2010, 01:20 PM
none of these players could be starters on other teams. Haslem has an outside change, but not many teams want a 6-8 PF starting.

:facepalm: haslem started for the heat almost this entire carrer, he got benched last year so they could try to devolp beasly, not because he sucked, plus teams were offering him the full mle, thats starter cash also miller on many teams would be a starter, the rest are solid 7-8th rotation guys

Oakmont_4
07-29-2010, 01:20 PM

Your right they weren't trying to sign him. The Celtics (who know him better than anyone) passed and went with Marquis Daniels. MARQUIS DANIELS.

If that doesn't tell you something then IDK what to tell you. Eddie was a nice shooter for the Celtics when they won their title. He has slowly dipped off since and I think it speaks volumes that nobody had signed him yet. Not even the Celtics who opted to go with a guy that never even saw the floor in the playoffs last season.

Brooklyn Mets
07-29-2010, 01:23 PM
good signing by the Heat

kjoke
07-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Your right they weren't trying to sign him. The Celtics (who know him better than anyone) passed and went with Marquis Daniels. MARQUIS DANIELS.

If that doesn't tell you something then IDK what to tell you. Eddie was a nice shooter for the Celtics when they won their title. He has slowly dipped off since and I think it speaks volumes that nobody had signed him yet. Not even the Celtics who opted to go with a guy that never even saw the floor in the playoffs last season.

marquis averaged 13 and 5 with the pacers the year before, he was a good player for them

Oakmont_4
07-29-2010, 01:25 PM
hey if lebron can lead that scrub team he had two years ago to 65 wins and wade can lead those very scrub teams he had the past two years to 45 wins I like their chances together....and with bosh. All they have to do is gel

The Cavs and the Heat (Prior to this year) had much better players, role players and bench players than this 2010 Miami Heat team. They have a solid 7 guys (Wade, James, Bosh, Chalmers, Miller, Arroyo, Haslem). After them the drop off is significant.

Guys like Z, Howard and House are all washed up. They can still help but don't expect them to be major role players on this team.

Miami glaring hole is at Center. They do not have a proven starting Center (although he does play some nice defense and can block shots) and their 2nd option is big Z, who is pretty much useless on D, can't run, or rebound. He can hit a 15 foot jumper and extend the floor thats about it.

Jonathan2323
07-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Chalmers/House
Wade/Miller/House
LeBron/Miller
Bosh/Haslem
Joel/Big Z

The likely 9 man rotation, just sick.

NYtilIdie
07-29-2010, 01:26 PM
:nod:

There's like 1 solid Heat poster though, I just can't think of who it is at the moment.

Baller71 is pretty cool.

I don't take any Heat fan that has a join date of 2010 serious. Regardless if they joined before July or not I still view them as a bandwagoner.

Plus I never seen so many Heat "fans" in the NBA forum since i've joined PSD.

To stay on topic. An okay signing and nothing more. His shot wasn't falling at all last year and he just chucked away.

Chacarron
Not bad.

Oakmont_4
marquis averaged 13 and 5 with the pacers the year before, he was a good player for them

As a starter yes. But he also averages about 65 games per year. They still went with a guy who is unproven (except for one or two decent years) and is injury prone.

what54!?
07-29-2010, 01:27 PM
The Cavs and the Heat (Prior to this year) had much better players, role players and bench players than this 2010 Miami Heat team. They have a solid 7 guys (Wade, James, Bosh, Chalmers, Miller, Arroyo, Haslem). After them the drop off is significant.

Guys like Z, Howard and House are all washed up. They can still help but don't expect them to be major role players on this team.

Miami glaring hole is at Center. They do not have a proven starting Center (although he does play some nice defense and can block shots) and their 2nd option is big Z, who is pretty much useless on D, can't run, or rebound. He can hit a 15 foot jumper and extend the floor thats about it.

the heat are just gonna use a a 9 or 10 man rotation. no biggie. I agree center is our biggest problem but thats why riley signed all those big men. The heat will have bodies to bang around

plpfctn
:facepalm: haslem started for the heat almost this entire carrer, he got benched last year so they could try to devolp beasly, not because he sucked, plus teams were offering him the full mle, thats starter cash also miller on many teams would be a starter, the rest are solid 7-8th rotation guys

Miller has been coming off the bench his entire career. He may have started for a couple games for the lowly wiz and twolves. And is Haslem starting for the HEat next year? no. The Mavs and Nets wanted him to come off the bench and the Nuggets wanted him to start until Kenyon Martin recovered from his knee injury. Again, NONE of these players could start for any team.

Patsfreak1776
Congrats...you have a guy that can't bring the ball up court to save his life and is a poor shooter. Good job!

GMEN4EVER
07-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Meh...that's my reaction to this. It's an ok signing. House is pretty much done at this point, but you could do worse for a vet min player. He'll shoot them into and out of some games, pretty much what he always does. Nice little bit of energy in short bursts off the bench. Don't expect much from him at this point. He'll give you some great shooting nights, but outside of that his value is very very limited.

Patsfreak1776
07-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Chalmers/House
Wade/Miller/House
LeBron/Miller
Bosh/Haslem
Joel/Big Z

On paper...this rotation has played exactly ZERO games together...ZERO.

SportsFanatic10
07-29-2010, 01:29 PM

Celtics didn't bother with House because they already have a great 3point shooting 2guard in Ray Allen although you wouldn't know it with the way his play dipped in the finals besides that one amazing game. Daniels is the better athlete so they wanted him from what i can tell.

RCarlson85
07-29-2010, 01:30 PM
that gives the heat a pretty decent bench. are people thinking that one of the big three aren't gonna be out there with them

It seems like people don't think about this. There is no way all three will be on the bench at the same time unless it's a blowout. I see Wade or Lebron being on the floor at all times.

mjt20mik
Solid pick up. The only thing the Heat need right now, is a solid defensive big man. Haslem is a warrior and Anthony was pretty solid last year, they need a defensive minded C with some height. They have Z, but I don't know how well he would do against the Dwights / Bynums.

Once they get that center, then it's GG.

Oakmont_4
Chalmers/House
Wade/Miller/House
LeBron/Miller
Bosh/Haslem
Joel/Big Z

You also have Carlos Arroyo who will definatley play more than House...wow some Heat fan you are. Don't even know your own team. Gotta love bandwagon fans.

Joel / Big Z? Sick? haha I think you mean aweful. Thats the worst Center tandem in the NBA. You have 6 quality players and thats it. Most playing the same positions.

1. James SF
2. Wade SG
3. Bosh PF
4. Chalmers PG
5. Miller SF
6. Haslem PF
7. Arroyo PG

Jonathan2323
07-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Miller has been coming off the bench his entire career. He may have started for a couple games for the lowly wiz and twolves. And is Haslem starting for the HEat next year? no. The Mavs and Nets wanted him to come off the bench and the Nuggets wanted him to start until Kenyon Martin recovered from his knee injury. Again, NONE of these players could start for any team.

They don't have to start. Haslem was starter on a championship team, Mike Miller is one of the best 6th man in the league, and Eddie House was the 6th man for the Boston team that won the championship. You don't need great players around Wade, Bosh and LeBron.

Tony_Starks
07-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Solid! I can't front I was wondering how Pat would fill out the roster but whoa they're seriously built for the playoffs with the squad they have. Perfect balance of vets to compliment the core.

Not a HEat fan but I may have to go head on cop that ticket to southbeach to check this out!!!

KmB728
07-29-2010, 01:32 PM

Thank you so much for saying this... i thought i was the only one who noticed it

Jonathan2323
07-29-2010, 01:32 PM
You also have Carlos Arroyo who will definatley play more than House...wow some Heat fan you are. Don't even know your own team. Gotta love bandwagon fans.

Joel / Big Z? Sick? haha I think you mean aweful. Thats the worst Center tandem in the NBA. You have 6 quality players and thats it. Most playing the same positions.

1. James SF
2. Wade SG
3. Bosh PF
4. Chalmers PG
5. Miller SF
6. Haslem PF
7. Arroyo PG

I guess you don't watch basketball because both LeBron and Wade can play PG and bring the ball up with the best of them.

Southsideheat
07-29-2010, 01:33 PM
It seems like people don't think about this. There is no way all three will be on the bench at the same time unless it's a blowout. I see Wade or Lebron being on the floor at all times.

Exactly. They have to play 40 + minutes everynight and not get hurt.

If they were smart, they would start the big 3 for the first quarter, split them up in the 2nd, and 3rd quarter, and file them in altogether at different times in the 4th.

_Supreme_
07-29-2010, 01:34 PM
They don't have to start. Haslem was starter on a championship team, Mike Miller is one of the best 6th man in the league, and Eddie House was the 6th man for the Boston team that won the championship. You don't need great players around Wade, Bosh and LeBron.

I love it when these 12 year old noobs call you a bandwagon fan :laugh2:

SportsFanatic10
07-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Anyone who thinks house won't fit in well with Miami doesn't know what they're talking about. Hes not an all around player but Miami doesn't need him to be. Hes a great clutch spot-up shooter and a good locker room guy who knows his role and for the vet min he's a very nice pickup for the Heat. Him and Miller will see plenty of open looks and they'll knock 'em down at a good percentage and thats all the Heat need. He's also a good hustle player who leaves it all on the court.

Oakmont_4
07-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Celtics didn't bother with House because they already have a great 3point shooting 2guard in Ray Allen although you wouldn't know it with the way his play dipped in the finals besides that one amazing game. Daniels is the better athlete so they wanted him from what i can tell.

Are you kidding me??? Then why did they play on the same team in 08 and 09? Why were they considering signing him if Daniels didn't want to come back? That's the worst reasoning I have ever heard.

HAHAHAH can you believe this guy.

I don't think they would mind subbing a great 3 pt shooter for a great 3 pt shooter...seemed to work quite well in 08.

no no no bud they didn't sign him back for the simple fact that he is no longer any good, nor can he contribute.

Jonathan2323
07-29-2010, 01:36 PM
I love it when these 12 year old noobs call you a bandwagon fan :laugh2:

It doesn't bother me. lol.

They don't know me.

shizzle09
07-29-2010, 01:36 PM
good signing. People who think he will be anything more than a guy who takes 5-6 shots a game on occasion are mistaken. The heat didnt sign him to bring the ball up the court, shot us out of games or anything i've seen posted in here. Simply a guy coach spo can bring in the game to spread the floor.

Oakmont_4
07-29-2010, 01:37 PM
I guess you don't watch basketball because both LeBron and Wade can play PG and bring the ball up with the best of them.

If thats the case why do they have Chalmers and Arroyo...seems like dumb move to sign Arroyo if Bron or Wade are going to play point...dont ya think?

plpfctn
07-29-2010, 01:38 PM

well, your fellow heat compadre said some Heat bench players could start for other teams. I disagreed. James Posey was the sixth man for the celtics.

chrism8188
07-29-2010, 01:39 PM

shut up, lol really, why even give haters the time of day? u mad? mad at what yall dont have a ring yet. and winning games aint nuthin without s ship, im not hating im jus stating facts. i like the heat but all this is childish, you would think some of yall are on the team or sumthing lol boast after the ship thats fair and great. otherwise your hyping up jus like they did oden, and all other busts. im talkin to lakers fans too. but lakers are current champs so they can talk jus a bit.

XxigglesphanxX
07-29-2010, 01:41 PM
who said we wouldnt be deep?

_Supreme_
they didn't sign him back for the simple fact that he is no longer any good, nor can he contribute.

If you really think Boston wouldn't rather have House back for the vet minimum instead of having an Averly Bradley and an Oliver Lafayette as backup point guards then you are smoking too much of the happy stuff.

Oakmont_4
well, your fellow heat compadre said some Heat bench players could start for other teams. I disagreed. James Posey was the sixth man for the celtics.

That is correct

XxigglesphanxX
shut up, lol really, why even give haters the time of day? u mad? mad at what yall dont have a ring yet. and winning games aint nuthin without s ship, im not hating im jus stating facts. i like the heat but all this is childish, you would think some of yall are on the team or sumthing lol boast after the ship thats fair and great. otherwise your hyping up jus like they did oden, and all other busts. im talkin to lakers fans too. but lakers are current champs so they can talk jus a bit.

are you really comparing oden to the miami thrice???

RCarlson85
07-29-2010, 01:42 PM
If thats the case why do they have Chalmers and Arroyo...seems like dumb move to sign Arroyo if Bron or Wade are going to play point...dont ya think?

Lebron and Wade aren't going to start at PG. They will still have someone like Chalmers start at PG. That doesn't mean the "PG" will be bringing the ball up the court every time. Wade and Lebron will be doing that a lot.

plpfctn

you're not thinking about defense. LEbron and Wade can run around all game trying to keep up with quicker PGs. It takes away from their offensive game because they get tired chasing the Rondos, the Roses, the Nelsons. And why are the Heat keeping Chalmers and Arroyo?

_Supreme_

Haslem and Miller are both capable of starting on several other teams in the NBA.

BkOriginalOne
07-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Dammit.
Really hoping for that Lebron Injury now.

SportsFanatic10
07-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Are you kidding me??? Then why did they play on the same team in 08 and 09? Why were they considering signing him if Daniels didn't want to come back? That's the worst reasoning I have ever heard.

HAHAHAH can you believe this guy.

I don't think they would mind subbing a great 3 pt shooter for a great 3 pt shooter...seemed to work quite well in 08.

no no no bud they didn't sign him back for the simple fact that he is no longer any good, nor can he contribute.

LOL Oh House can contribute, but the rest of the team has to be better then the Celtics are. He's a 3pt specialist at this point and the Celtics were looking for more then that since their roster isn't as talented as the Heat. House fits perfectly with what the Heat need at this point. Believe it or not different teams have different needs moron. In 08 they had a better team then they do now so house filled a similar role in Boston in 08 as he will now in Miami.

You'll change your tone when House is knocking down open looks against Boston this coming season. Or is that not considered contributing?

Oakmont_4
07-29-2010, 01:44 PM
If you really think Boston wouldn't rather have House back for the vet minimum instead of having an Averly Bradley and an Oliver Lafayette as backup point guards then you are smoking too much of the happy stuff.

I would say no becuase they could have and they didn't sign him. We have Nate Robinson. Why don't you do some research before you speak. You don't seem to know a whole lot and you make yourself sound like an idiot.

Lafayette and Bradley will get barely any playing time this year, if any. Doc never plays rookies.

We traded House because he was dipping. When we had the chance to sign him back we didn't....hmmm try putting 2 and 2 together bud.

Let me give you a hint... than answer isn't 5

shizzle09
07-29-2010, 01:46 PM

well, take a look at every freaking thread related to the Heat. People filled with Hate and i see Heat fans responding to the hate with that comment. I dont use it but when you see that comment it's likely in response to some idiot running his mouth. How often do you see this???

Non Heat fan: Good signing, solid 3pt shooter.

Heat fan: U Mad?

answer:NEVER

If a heat fan says U mad in response to a poster simply voicing his opinion than thats a different story but i can tell you 95% of the time the post they are responding to contains some sort of hate. Funny how you're not tired of all the hate posts towards the heat but tired of the comment U mad?.

dnewguy
07-29-2010, 01:47 PM
you're not thinking about defense. LEbron and Wade can run around all game trying to keep up with quicker PGs. It takes away from their offensive game because they get tired chasing the Rondos, the Roses, the Nelsons. And why are the Heat keeping Chalmers and Arroyo?

If that's all we're worried about, we won't need Lebron and Bosh....Wade and 4 D league players will beat Rose with the Current Bulls and Wade plus 5 average role players will also beat the other 2 with their current teams.

scutch11
i know the heat fans arent going to shut up, but can they take it easy until we atleast see them PLAY together???

this team hasnt even played one preseason game yet and the heat fans are talking as if theyre the team that just won back-to-back titles. obviously you guys are gonna be good but calm the **** down you're all just coming off as arrogant pricks.

when you actually win a championship fine talk all you want but until then, if you dont have anything to say that contributes to a civil conversation, sit down and shut up

RCarlson85

They aren't going to start at PG. That will be Chalmers. Wade and Lebron will bring the ball up a lot but won't start at PG.

Agar81
07-29-2010, 01:48 PM

Before you facepalm, think about what you are saying. The C's were never interested in signing ANY of these guys so sorry but this goes to you :facepalm:.

Plus, Heat fans need to stop saying "U Mad???" because everyone mocks them for doing so and it just makes all of you look like clowns.

justinnum1

You can exceed the cap with vet min. contracts

Pornstar86

arroyo, haslem, miller, and Z have all been starters within the last 2 years...

plpfctn
07-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Haslem and Miller are both capable of starting on several other teams in the NBA.

MIller has never been a regular starter. And no team wants to start a 6-8 player at power foward unless they're desperate.

shizzle09
07-29-2010, 01:49 PM

chalmers was cheap and Arroyo doesnt turn the ball over. Chalmers still has potential IMO.

mjt20mik
07-29-2010, 01:55 PM
If that's all we're worried about, we won't need Lebron and Bosh....Wade and 4 D league players will beat Rose with the Current Bulls and Wade plus 5 average role players will also beat the other 2 with their current teams.

Seriously. Wow, I feel sorry for those intelligent Heat fans that have to deal with stupidity like this. Have you seen Chicago's team? You can't say that 4 D league players with Wade could beat this years team. That's just a stupid statement.

fresh prince
SG – Miller
SF – JJones
PF – Haslem / Howard

Many?

I see 1 for sure w/ Mike Miller and 2 maybe's in Haslem and Big Z.

Not that the perceived abilty to be able to start on other teams = a good bench anyway but just saying

HowBoutDemBulls
So that is their 15 man roster. They are done adding players.

plpfctn

I can't wait for the Lakers to play the Heat. 2 solid seven footers against a 6-8 "center" and 6-10 PF. It's gonna be like playing the Utah Jazz. I love it.

J_M_B

He signed for the vet. minimum

jmartin80
07-29-2010, 01:57 PM
This is one of the best teams I have ever seen. I couldn't even pull this team off by cheating in a video game. I think this is a great signing for the Heat and I could even see them pulling off the 70 win season.

In the playoffs anything can happen.

And yes, I am mad. So don't ask.

Congrats to Heat fans. I think this sucks for the rest of the league though.

KnickFanSince91
07-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Wow...all this hype for a guy who will never take off his warm ups? House is going to be there to chase a ring and collect a check. He doesn't do anything either way for this team because he'll be lucky to get 5 minutes per week.

That bench does not look good and Destiny's Child are going to have to play 45 mins per night. It'll be interesting to see exactly how things play out.

h2r09
07-29-2010, 01:58 PM
I can't wait for the Lakers to play the Heat. 2 solid seven footers against a 6-8 "center" and 6-10 PF. It's gonna be like playing the Utah Jazz. I love it.

and i cant wait for any team in the NBA to stop all of these guys together. your team couldnt handle any of our big 3 in their career now you expect to stop all of them with good role players and great 3 pt shooters around them. i honestly hope we play the lakers on opening night.

ryang
07-29-2010, 01:58 PM

Congrats on being a Lakers fan and winning all the time but to say the Heat are like the Jazz woooow I think your blinded by Kobe... What are you doing even talking about us if we suck so bad?? When's the last time you went to the Jazz's forum or NBA forum and talked about them???? You probably don't cause your not worried about them I sence a little fear and that's sound's good for every heat fan when it comes from the lakers...

RCarlson85
07-29-2010, 01:59 PM
Seriously. Wow, I feel sorry for those intelligent Heat fans that have to deal with stupidity like this. Have you seen Chicago's team? You can't say that 4 D league players with Wade could beat this years team. That's just a stupid statement.

Yeah this just makes the rest of us Heat fans look bad. Thanks for making an absolutely ridiculous statement.

h2r09
07-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Wow...all this hype for a guy who will never take off his warm ups? House is going to be there to chase a ring and collect a check. He doesn't do anything either way for this team because he'll be lucky to get 5 minutes per week.

That bench does not look good and Destiny's Child are going to have to play 45 mins per night. It'll be interesting to see exactly how things play out.

its completely stupid posts like this why new york sports fans are generally considered obnoxious and just plain stupid. im not even going to bother correcting your post it is just to stupid.

J_M_B
07-29-2010, 02:00 PM
So that is their 15 man roster. They are done adding players.

No, Miami can have up to 20 players in training camp, and the contracts we gave Randolph and Hasbrouck are non-guaranteed.

mjt20mik
07-29-2010, 02:01 PM
and i cant wait for any team in the NBA to stop all of these guys together. your team couldnt handle any of our big 3 in their career now you expect to stop all of them with good role players and great 3 pt shooters around them. i honestly hope we play the lakers on opening night.

Being the Raptor fan that I am, I have seen Bosh abused by Bynum. Can't say much about Lebron vs Lakers or Wade vs Lakers, but Bosh definitely can't handle them.

Jonathan2323
07-29-2010, 02:01 PM
This is one of the best teams I have ever seen. I couldn't even pull this team off by cheating in a video game. I think this is a great signing for the Heat and I could even see them pulling off the 70 win season.

In the playoffs anything can happen.

And yes, I am mad. So don't ask.

Congrats to Heat fans. I think this sucks for the rest of the league though.

Thanks, at least some people are honest and not haters.

ryang
07-29-2010, 02:02 PM

:facepalm: Come on Knick fan's we know your bitter but you shouldn't even be mentioned or talked about and here you come saying E.House will do nothing your right do nothing but hit 3's coming off the bench I'll take it and you would have to oh that's right you got Amare and Felton you should be unstoppable... You will lose to us by 50 do you think your crowd will still cheer for Lebron when he goes off???

mjt20mik
07-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Yeah this just makes the rest of us Heat fans look bad. Thanks for making an absolutely ridiculous statement.

I mean that's what's gonna happen when bandwagoners start coming along. Totally skews the appearance of Heat fans.

PHX2daDEATH
07-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Miami still has a cup cake front line, sure they might win 65+ but it wont matter when Dwight or the Celts are giving LeBron flashbacks while eating up the paint against Christina

Good signing in house..best one so far as far as the developing a bench goes.

justinnum1
07-29-2010, 02:04 PM

lol

tking07
07-29-2010, 02:05 PM
the thing is that both bron and wade have stated that they wanna be the bset defendes in the league and there gonna go out to prove that, and lebron and wade are gonna run the point meaning that there needs to be shotters out there to hit it, house has a 40% 3 point shot

Hey bro your sig should read "Where Haters Happen" not "Where Haters Happens" lol

h2r09
07-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Miami still has a cup cake front line, sure they might win 65+ but it wont matter when Dwight or the Celts are giving LeBron flashbacks while eating up the paint against Christina

Good signing in house..best one so far as far as the developing a bench goes.

dwight sucks against the heat because of Joel. he only averaged 10 and 10 on 40 % shooting.

KnickFanSince91
07-29-2010, 02:06 PM
its completely stupid posts like this why new york sports fans are generally considered obnoxious and just plain stupid. im not even going to bother correcting your post it is just to stupid.

because redundancy and poor grammar is really a sign of intelligence :rolleyes:

You think the 15th man on the roster is going to be a major part of the rotation? Seriously? How many minutes are reserved for the 5th guard Einstein?

Jonathan2323
07-29-2010, 02:08 PM

You think the 15th man on the roster is going to be a major part of the rotation? Seriously? How many minutes are reserved for the 5th guard Einstein?

RCarlson85
07-29-2010, 02:08 PM

When you say 2 solid seven footers I guess you are assuming that Bynum will be healthy? That hasn't happened so that's a big if. He's only played a full season once in his career and that was 4 years ago. Our 6'9" "center" as you say plays better defense than either of your "solid seven footers." I can't wait to play you guys, especially since both games last year went down to the wire and we only had Wade.

mjt20mik
07-29-2010, 02:10 PM
When you say 2 solid seven footers I guess you are assuming that Bynum will be healthy? That hasn't happened so that's a big if. He's only played a full season once in his career and that was 4 years ago. Our 6'9" "center" as you say plays better defense than either of your "solid seven footers." I can't wait to play you guys, especially since both games last year went down to the wire and we only had Wade.

To be honest, I think you guys should just sign Shaq.

:p:D

h2r09
07-29-2010, 02:10 PM

once again, ******** post. just because he was signed last doesnt mean he is going to be 15th in the rotation. he is going to be our 2nd pg who isnt really a pg. so basically he is oging to be in our rotation and get 15-20 mpg and hit 3's galore.

way to represent your fanbase well.

is matt barnes going to be the 15th man because he was the 15th guy to sign? no.

ryang
07-29-2010, 02:11 PM

E.house will be in the rotation... Are you kidding??? sound's like you were joking...

KnickFanSince91
07-29-2010, 02:12 PM
:facepalm: Come on Knick fan's we know your bitter but you shouldn't even be mentioned or talked about and here you come saying E.House will do nothing your right do nothing but hit 3's coming off the bench I'll take it and you would have to oh that's right you got Amare and Felton you should be unstoppable... You will lose to us by 50 do you think your crowd will still cheer for Lebron when he goes off???

So I guess they don't speak English in Miami. WTF are you even talking about?

J_M_B
07-29-2010, 02:12 PM
I mean that's what's gonna happen when bandwagoners start coming along. Totally skews the appearance of Heat fans.

Yeah, we have had so many bandwagon fans that it's really hard to overcome all the stupidity.

They truly make most of us look ********..

Oakmont_4
07-29-2010, 02:16 PM
once again, ******** post. just because he was signed last doesnt mean he is going to be 15th in the rotation. he is going to be our 2nd pg who isnt really a pg. so basically he is oging to be in our rotation and get 15-20 mpg and hit 3's galore.

is matt barnes going to be the 15th man because he was the 15th guy to sign? no.

He is not going to be your 2nd PG...please

PG Chalmers/Arroyo
SG Wade/House
SF James/Miller
PF Bosh/Haslem
C Joel/Z

Its pretty clear cut man, I'm not even a Heat fan or course I'm also not ******** so maybe it is a little hard to understand for you.

Eddie is not going to "hit 3's galore" nor is he going to get as many minutes as you suggest. I recommend you look at his shooting percentages from the last 3 years ... look at the trend and how they drop...quite alarming if you ask me

ryang

Another New York fan talking grammar... This is what I was talking about... I guess your good at grammar and poor on logic... Was this English clear enough for you? Use your spell check to figure it out... House will make a difference by hitting three's and that's it... Got it or do you not speak English?

RCarlson85

I agree. I don't care about bandwagon fans, I expected it when this happened, but just don't run your mouth and say dumb **** and make the rest of us look bad.

mjt20mik
Yeah, we have had so many bandwagon fans that it's really hard to overcome all the stupidity.

They truly make most of us look ********..

LOL. Naw they just screw up their credibility. Most of you guys know what your talking about.

:)

ryang
07-29-2010, 02:17 PM
By this I mean the comment you made above if you don't understand my English..

h2r09

PG Chalmers/Arroyo
SG Wade/House
SF James/Miller
PF Bosh/Haslem
C Joel/Z

Its pretty clear cut man, I'm not even a Heat fan or course I'm also not ******** so maybe it is a little hard to understand for you.

you are clearly not a heat fan if you think arroyo will be in the rotation. he cants shoot 3's and he is bad off the ball. you have literally no idea what you are talking about. what on earth doees arroyo bring that we need? he wont be laying.

J_M_B
So I guess they don't speak English in Miami. WTF are you even talking about?

A lot of us speak spanish down here :D

KnickFanSince91
07-29-2010, 02:19 PM

So the guy with no PG skills will play before Arroyo? To do what? Jack up shot and turn the ball over? This is not 2008. House is no longer an elite shooter and he'll get in the game for garbage time. You do know that he doesn't add anything to the roster except take up space right?

justinnum1
07-29-2010, 02:20 PM
:sigh:

ryang
A lot of us speak spanish down here :D

:laugh2: Or Italian I thought they could read well in New York Guess I was wrong...:shrug:

h2r09
Eddie is not going to "hit 3's galore" nor is he going to get as many minutes as you suggest. I recommend you look at his shooting percentages from the last 3 years ... look at the trend and how they drop...quite alarming if you ask me

yet he hit 45 % of his 3's on the celtics just 2 years ago? how did it drop?

RCarlson85
07-29-2010, 02:21 PM
To be honest, I think you guys should just sign Shaq.

:p:D

Here's my thing. If shaq had not given up on the Heat his last season with the team and then bad mouthed everyone on the way out the door, I would welcome him back. He burned bridges and now I don't want him to ride the big three's coattails and have a chance to get another ring.

ryang
07-29-2010, 02:21 PM
So the guy with no PG skills will play before Arroyo? To do what? Jack up shot and turn the ball over? This is not 2008. House is no longer an elite shooter and he'll get in the game for garbage time. You do know that he doesn't add anything to the roster except take up space right?

So Your saying E.House forgot how to shoot??? Didn't you watch him last year he was on your team??? Or did you not watch because it was to hard for you?

Jonathan2323
07-29-2010, 02:23 PM

The HEAT line-up is versatile you can put House at the PG spot and have LeBron or Wade bring up the ball and have House spot up for 3.

Oakmont_4
you are clearly not a heat fan if you think arroyo will be in the rotation. he cants shoot 3's and he is bad off the ball. you have literally no idea what you are talking about. what on earth doees arroyo bring that we need? he wont be laying.

Since when does a PG need to shoot 3's? His job will be to deliver Wade and Bron the ball and not turn it over. Something he is very good at and something Eddie is not. Eddie is not a great shooter. He will get maybe 5 mins a game.

Your the idiot if you think Arroyo is garbage and wont play. #1 he'd play a signifcant role with several teams and #2 why would he sign with the Heat if there were no room for him, he had other offers.

I'm done arguing with this idiot

h2r09

arroyo isnt going to play. why the **** do you think you know more than i do when i have had season tickets for the past 10 years? arroyo cant shoot, cant defend, and needs the ball in his hands to be productive. that would be why he wasnt in the game when it was on the line last year on a far worse team than this. House will be playing because he doesnt need the ball in his hands to be effective and he is a great shooter when lebron or d wade play pg.

we dont need a traditional backup pg.

lakersfan01
These guys aren't good enough to win while receiving market value. Ouch my elbow hurts LOL. Good stuff.

Oakmont_4
07-29-2010, 02:25 PM
So Your saying E.House forgot how to shoot??? Didn't you watch him last year he was on your team??? Or did you not watch because it was to hard for you?

Look at his shooting percentages over the last 3 years...it drops every year.

Nobody is suggesting he forgot how to shoot...its called old age. He's not as fast, can't get as open anymore. People know his spots and know where to keep an eye on him. SImply he's been figured out and he's getting old. Happens to everyone eventually.

h2r09
Since when does a PG need to shoot 3's? His job will be to deliver Wade and Bron the ball and not turn it over. Something he is very good at and something Eddie is not. Eddie is not a great shooter. He will get maybe 5 mins a game.

Your the idiot if you think Arroyo is garbage and wont play. #1 he'd play a signifcant role with several teams and #2 why would he sign with the Heat if there were no room for him, he had other offers.

wade and bron dont need anyone to deliver the ball to them. jesus christ you are ridiculously stupid. eddie is a great shooter. he shot 45 % just 1 year ago. this past year he shot 40% with the celtics then went to the terrible knicks who have no one who can give him open shots.

Jonathan2323

Arroyo is lucky to have a roster spot. If Chalmers struggles he will get playing time, if not he will play the garbage time.

Eddie House will get 15+ minutes a game. He wouldn't have signed here and taken less money just to sit on the bench.

House was one of the best shooters remaining on the free agent market and had received more lucrative offers from other teams.

But the chance to play a key role in the Heat's rotation and compete for a championship alongside Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh was too much to turn down.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/29/1752129/miami-heat-signs-guard-eddie-house.html#ixzz0v661jKCd

ryang
07-29-2010, 02:26 PM

PG Chalmers/Arroyo
SG Wade/House
SF James/Miller
PF Bosh/Haslem
C Joel/Z

Who is your team?? J.Jones is on the roster too and the last time I checked he can shoot the 3 as well...

KnickFanSince91

PG Chalmers/Arroyo
SG Wade/House
SF James/Miller
PF Bosh/Haslem
C Joel/Z

:clap::clap::clap:

At least I know it's not just me. I don't understand how fans get so sensitive and jump all over somebody when they state the simple truth. Eddie House isn't a game changer...he's not going to win games for them but he's not going to lose them either. He's an old journeyman on the downward slope of his career. There's really nothing special about this signing at all.

Oakmont_4
arroyo isnt going to play. why the **** do you think you know more than i do when i have had season tickets for the past 10 years? arroyo cant shoot, cant defend, and needs the ball in his hands to be productive. that would be why he wasnt in the game when it was on the line last year on a far worse team than this. House will be playing because he doesnt need the ball in his hands to be effective and he is a great shooter when lebron or d wade play pg.

HAHAHAHA :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I know many morons that have season tickets. I didn't realize once you had them for 10 years it came with a manual for every player in the league and your teams strategy. HAHAHA

J_M_B
07-29-2010, 02:27 PM
For the posters that are saying Miami won't play defense..

You do know that the Heat's philosophy is defense? Everything about this organization revolves around defense. Erik Spoelstra will have this team buying in on the defensive side of the ball.

Don't worry about our defense, but by all means keep coming up with ideas for why the Heat won't succeed. :)

jmartin80
07-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Thanks, at least some people are honest and not haters.

I am just an honest hater. ;)

h2r09
07-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Look at his shooting percentages over the last 3 years...it drops every year.

Nobody is suggesting he forgot how to shoot...its called old age. He's not as fast, can't get as open anymore. People know his spots and know where to keep an eye on him. SImply he's been figured out and he's getting old. Happens to everyone eventually.

dude, wtf are you talking about? he shot 39 % in 2007 which is very good. 45 % in 2008 which is incredible, and last year he shot 35% total.

how is that a drop every year.

it is probably because you dont know how to read a career stat line and you are looking at his knicks and celtics line from last year as seperate years.

Oakmont_4
07-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Who is your team?? J.Jones is on the roster too and the last time I checked he can shoot the 3 as well...

The Celtics, so trust me when I say Eddie is no longer the Eddie of 08. I've seen him play more over the past 3 years than anyone else on this board.

MrfadeawayJB
07-29-2010, 02:29 PM
This is a solid signing for the heat. Eddie House is going to have open looks all the time. The hole at C still hurts them, but i would go sign somone like DJ Mbenga for a vet min...he has been on a championship team and could provide defense in spurts for the Heat Frontline.

Oakmont_4
07-29-2010, 02:30 PM
dude, wtf are you talking about? he shot 39 % in 2007 which is very good. 45 % in 2008 which is incredible, and last year he shot 35% total.

it is probably because you dont know how to read a career stat line and you are looking at his knicks and celtics line from last year as seperate years.

A 10% drop in one year is HUUUUGGGGEEE what are you talking about.

_Supreme_
07-29-2010, 02:31 PM
I would say no becuase they could have and they didn't sign him. We have Nate Robinson. Why don't you do some research before you speak. You don't seem to know a whole lot and you make yourself sound like an idiot.

Fact still remains that a wise contender will always choose a proven veteran like House over either of a couple of unproven no-names. Especially if he comes for very cheap.

One bug-a-boo to Nate and you have nobody left.

If that doesn't tell you something then IDK what...

It tells us that Boston needed a backup small forward.

Marquis Daniels is that backup small forward. Of course they gave him priority over a guy at a position they already at least have a backup for. Wtf are you even arguing with the quote above.

Your post also makes it seem like Marquis Daniels is some kind of terrible garbage, and passing House for him makes House even more horrible. This tells me you don't know jack shyt about Marquis Daniels and how he has played in the past.
Talk about doing research. If you had done any you would not talk in a demeaning fashion about Marquis Daniels in the first place.

So I would use the word "idiot" a little more careful if I were you (which, thank God, I am not).

The real reason for your comments: you are just a bit edgy because Miami suddenly threatens your precious Boston Celtics in the East.

Instead of being sportsmanlike and competitive about it in a healthy fashion you chose to come into this thread and try to downplay this signing and the Miami roster. Thát my "friend", makes you a sad individual. Next time you have these urges Google some pictures of fluffy bunnies and hopefully the frustrations will go away.

KnickFanSince91

Ten years going to the games and you still don't know **** about basketball? :facepalm:

Eddie House can't dribble, can't pass, can't defend and can't rebound. The only thing he can do is shoot 3's and he can't even do that very well these days. In order for House to be effective, he has to shoot. You shoot with the ball in your hands. House can't be effective if he doesn't have the ball because he can't do anything else. He is not a great shooter. He is a volume shooter that shoots at a low percentage at this stage of his career. He shot 25% from deep over the last 30 games of the season. Eddie House is not good. Arroyo will be playing more. I'll keep the sentences short. It will help you understand.

Oakmont_4

I think you got those years wrong by the way or you forgot to look at last year.

2008 was 3 years ago - Celtics
2009 was 2 years ago - Celtics
2010 was last years - Celtics/Knicks

DCB/LAL
07-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Matt Barnes definitely helps LA and once again they will be and should be the overwhelming favorites to win the Title.

DCB/LAL
07-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Oops wrong thread. :D

KnickFanSince91
07-29-2010, 02:34 PM

I watched every game for the last 20 years for better or for worse dude...I watched House miss 75% of his 3 pt shots and 70% of his fg's overall. He was downright awful. He's a streak shooter who is more cold than he is hot.

Jonathan2323
Nvm

Oakmont_4
Fact still remains that a wise contender will always choose a proven veteran like House over either of a couple of unproven no-names. Especially if he comes for very cheap.

One bug-a-boo to Nate and you have nobody left.

It tells us that Boston needed a backup small forward.

Marquis Daniels is that backup small forward. Of course they gave him priority over a guy at a position they already at least have a backup for. Wtf are you even arguing with the quote above.

Your post also makes it seem like Marquis Daniels is some kind of terrible garbage, and passing House for him makes House even more horrible. This tells me you don't know jack shyt about Marquis Daniels and how he has played in the past.
Talk about doing research. If you had done any you would not talk in a demeaning fashion about Marquis Daniels in the first place.

So I would use the word "idiot" a little more careful if I were you (which, thank God, I am not).

The real reason for your comments: you are just a bit edgy because Miami suddenly threatens your precious Boston Celtics in the East.

Instead of being sportsmanlike and competitive about it in a healthy fashion you chose to come into this thread and try to downplay this signing and the Miami roster. Thát my "friend", makes you a sad individual. Next time you have these urges Google some pictures of fluffy bunnies and hopefully the frustrations will go away.

I'm sorry Miami Fans (real Miami Fans) that you have to deal with this now.

Focused1
07-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Nice pick up for them

h2r09
A 10% drop in one year is HUUUUGGGGEEE what are you talking about.

how is that dropping every year in the last 3 years though? now you are changing your argument. he shot 40% with the celtics last year. the only reason he was so bad with the knicks is because he gets no open look because the knicks ****ing suck.

ryang
Ten years going to the games and you still don't know **** about basketball? :facepalm:

Eddie House can't dribble, can't pass, can't defend and can't rebound. The only thing he can do is shoot 3's and he can't even do that very well these days. In order for House to be effective, he has to shoot. You shoot with the ball in your hands. House can't be effective if he doesn't have the ball because he can't do anything else. He is not a great shooter. He is a volume shooter that shoots at a low percentage at this stage of his career. He shot 25% from deep over the last 30 games of the season. Eddie House is not good. Arroyo will be playing more. I'll keep the sentences short. It will help you understand.

You know those last 30 games were when he played for the Knicks right??? That's not fair seeings how he was on the Knicks...

J_M_B
Eddie House is going to get his share of open looks from beyond the arc..

This is a great signing for Miami. It's really hard to disagree with that.

_Supreme_
07-29-2010, 02:36 PM
MIller has never been a regular starter.

*Sigh*

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/mike_miller/career_stats.html

Compare GP to GS.

As you can see he has always started most of the games he played throughout his career.

h2r09
07-29-2010, 02:36 PM
I think you got those years wrong by the way or you forgot to look at last year.

2008 was 3 years ago - Celtics
2009 was 2 years ago - Celtics
2010 was last years - Celtics/Knicks

no, you got those years wrong. if you want to put the years in that way, then in 2009 eddie house hit 44% of his 3's which is incredible.

ryang
07-29-2010, 02:37 PM
I watched every game for the last 20 years for better or for worse dude...I watched House miss 75% of his 3 pt shots and 70% of his fg's overall. He was downright awful. He's a streak shooter who is more cold than he is hot.

Im not saying he's awesome in any way shape or form but to say he suck's makes no sence.. He is a decent role player ROLE PLAYER not starter not come off the bench and help us win just come off the bench and score from time to time..

Oakmont_4
07-29-2010, 02:38 PM
how is that dropping every year in the last 3 years though? now you are changing your argument. he shot 40% with the celtics last year. the only reason he was so bad with the knicks is because he gets no open look because the knicks ****ing suck.

You used the wrong years.

2008 = 3 years ago - Celtics
2009 = 2 years ago - Celtics
2010 = last year - Celtics Knicks

And I highly doubt the Celtics trade a player shooting 45% from the field. It didn't just drop because he was on the knicks buddy. Nice try though.

omdigga
07-29-2010, 02:39 PM
eddie house.. they could have done much worse.
hes a good locker room guy, he has a ring, and hes a 3 point threat. what else did they need.
people talking about him not having other skills. its ok, they dont need house to win games for them. hes gonna shoot much better than when he was on the knicks because he thought he had to be the man on the knicks. also, we had him playing pg, bringing up the ball. i dont think he'll have those problems in miami.
solid pickup. heat bench doesnt look as bad as i thought it would.

J$mo0th_3o5
07-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Great signing:clap: Miller and House are gonna make it rain from downtown!

J_M_B
07-29-2010, 02:42 PM

Seriously I've been reading your posts all over this thread and your the one looking like an idiot.

h2r09
07-29-2010, 02:43 PM
ok, whatever, im done with these idiots who seriously think arroyoa will be playing more than eddie house. ask any heat fan and i guarentee you every single one of them will say eddie house will play more.

FNM BOY
07-29-2010, 02:47 PM
People are gonna hate on Miami whatever you guys do...trust me...just get your popcorn ready and prepare yourselves to watch this team slaughter their opponents...dangerous team...and the thing about role players like House... is that their games step up big time when playing with big time players....trust me its gonna be painful for other teams...they know it in their hearts...hate is their way of dealing with what is to come.

KnickFanSince91
07-29-2010, 02:48 PM

You have to be the least intelligent fan I ever come across on this board. The Knicks lost so many games because we got abused in the paint night in and night out, not because we couldn't get open shots. The Knicks were actually in the top 10 in the league with 102 pts/game. The offense was not the problem, it was the fact we gave up 105 every night.

He shot bad with the Celtics too..that's why they gave him away for Nate.

He had plenty of open shots when he played with the Knicks. That wasn't the problem. The fact that he missed most of them was. His legs are going and that's why his shooting is down. Dude is trying to get one more ring before he calls it quits. He's not going to do anything for the Heat. Why can't you see that?

_Supreme_
07-29-2010, 02:50 PM

If this really is the only response to my post you can come up with then I, along with everybody @ PSD reading this thread, now have no other choise than to conclude you are:

A) not interested in a real discussion.

or

B) simply verbally challenged and are not capable of doing any better.

So which one is it?

ryang
07-29-2010, 02:54 PM
People are gonna hate on Miami whatever you guys do...trust me...just get your popcorn ready ands prepare yourselves to watch this team slaughter their opponents...dangerous team...and the thing about role players like House... is that their games step up big time when playing with big time players....trust me its gonna be painful for other teams...they know it in their hearts...hate is their way of dealing with what is to come.

Exactly they still will tell you your wrong though pretty funny...

_Supreme_
07-29-2010, 02:55 PM
Seriously I've been reading your posts all over this thread and your the one looking like an idiot.

Yup, the funniest part about this is that some of these folks are getting owned for everybody to see, and yet they appear to not even be aware of it and continue to make themselves look even worse.

Oakmont_4
07-29-2010, 02:58 PM
If this really is the only response to my post you can come up with then I, along with everybody @ PSD reading this thread, now have no other choise than to conclude you are:

A) not interested in a real discussion.

or

B) simply verbally challenged and are not capable of doing any better.

So which one is it?

I am very interested in having an intelligent discussion, however I have found that to be impossible with Heat fans, regarding their team. It always comes back to I know what's best for my team becuase I'm a fan, or your just jelouse becuase we signed the new big 3, U MAD???

It's pointless. So good day sir, I wish you all the luck in the world next season. Still think you will lose to the Celtics/Magic but who knows, still too early to tell and thats a conversation for another day.

As for this discussion I am done. I have seen Eddie House play more than anyone else on this board over the last 3 years. I know what he brings and I know what he doesn't. I know he's not the same player he was for the Celtics in 2008.

As I said in my orginal post I don't think this is a bad signing by any means but it's extremely annoying when you have Heat fans bragging about signing Eddie House. Or Heat fans that don't even know the other players on the roster. Or Heat fans who think that LBJ is going to play PG and hit Eddie House for open 3's while he's in. It's ridiculous.

Oakmont_4
07-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Yup, the funniest part about this is that some of these folks are getting owned for everybody to see, and yet they appear to not even be aware of it and continue to make themselves look even worse.

Morons do tend to band together...intelligence historically alienates ones self from the masses. So I take that as a compliment.

DCB/LAL
07-29-2010, 03:00 PM
ok, whatever, im done with these idiots who seriously think arroyoa will be playing more than eddie house. Ask any heat fan and i guarentee you every single one of them will say eddie house will play more.

Awe u mad?

USMCLaker
07-29-2010, 03:05 PM

Sounds like U mad.

twoearl
07-29-2010, 03:06 PM
And the Rich get Richer. It's a 98% chance the Heat win it all this year. LA is the NBA's only hope, but a very small one at that.

Jonathan2323
07-29-2010, 03:06 PM
I think everyones mad :shrug:

Avenged
07-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Anyways, it's a solid signing for the Heat considering who's left on the market. Nothing great, but Eddie won't hurt the team.

Southsideheat
07-29-2010, 03:07 PM
17 pages for Eddie House huh. wow.

DaoudS
07-29-2010, 03:09 PM
lol. The Heat's second unit is pretty decent. As long as one of the big 3 is on the floor at all times, the team is going to be vicious.

_Supreme_
07-29-2010, 03:11 PM
I am very interested in having an intelligent discussion, however I have found that to be impossible with Heat fans, regarding their team. It always comes back to I know what's best for my team becuase I'm a fan, or your just jelouse becuase we signed the new big 3, U MAD???

I didn't post like that at all, and yet you responded to my posts the way you did.

Eddie House has been signed as a backup combo guard to shoot (open) 3s, and that is what his one and only role will be on the team.

Having a lineup at times where Lebron and/or Wade distribute the ball and House is in at the same time only to hit 3s is a very realistic scenario. I am not sure why anyone thinks it isn't.

J_M_B
07-29-2010, 03:12 PM

It's pointless. So good day sir, I wish you all the luck in the world next season. Still think you will lose to the Celtics/Magic but who knows, still too early to tell and thats a conversation for another day.

As for this discussion I am done. I have seen Eddie House play more than anyone else on this board over the last 3 years. I know what he brings and I know what he doesn't. I know he's not the same player he was for the Celtics in 2008.

As I said in my orginal post I don't think this is a bad signing by any means but it's extremely annoying when you have Heat fans bragging about signing Eddie House. Or Heat fans that don't even know the other players on the roster. Or Heat fans who think that LBJ is going to play PG and hit Eddie House for open 3's while he's in. It's ridiculous.

You just let everybody know that you don't know what your talking about. Eddie House began his career in Miami, so yes I know exactly what he brings to the table.

What Heat fans don't know our roster? I haven't seen anyone post our depth charts in this thread, besides you. You don't even know our roster, since you forgot 3 or 4 names.

What don't you understand about LeBron playing point guard? Have you heard of a point-forward? Eddie House, Mario Chalmers, or whoever is playing the one can step up beyond the arc, while LBJ creates for others. He's done that his whole career. That's why the Cavaliers got Mo Williams, those point guards don't need the ball in their hands to be affective.

BKNets21
07-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Nice pick up, great bench player.

USMCLaker
07-29-2010, 03:14 PM
And the Rich get Richer. It's a 98% chance the Heat win it all this year. LA is the NBA's only hope, but a very small one at that.

Obi Wan Kenkobe your our only hope.

_Supreme_
07-29-2010, 03:18 PM
What Heat fans don't know our roster?

I think someone posted a 6 or 7 man rotation with House in it and Arroyo was left out.

It appears that made him assume the poster doesn't know the roster and is therefor automatically a bandwagon fan.

J_M_B
07-29-2010, 03:20 PM
I think someone posted a 6 or 7 man rotation with House in it and Arroyo was left out.

It appears that made him assume the poster doesn't know the roster and is therefor automatically a bandwagon fan.

Oh, I see..

Anyways, House will have a key role on this team, regardless what some of these morons say.