PDA

View Full Version : How many NBA records will the Heat break this year?

erik7
07-29-2010, 01:00 AM
Just as the title states, how many NBA records will be broken this year by the Heat?

You have LBJ possibly being the first to average a triple double since Oscar (possibly having more of every stat)

You have a possible margin of victory record

You have a possible win loss record

You have a possible most points averaged between three players

You have a possible lowest opponent ppg

ECT...

So let me know realistically how many and what NOTABLE records you think will be broken

Cano24
07-29-2010, 01:05 AM
I hope all three suffer career ending Knee injuries....well maybe not wade becuase all he did was resign with his team but Lebron and Bosh are ******* and have to ride D Wade's coat tails to a championship

SugeKnight
07-29-2010, 01:06 AM
lol

SugeKnight
07-29-2010, 01:07 AM
not 1, not 2, not 3, not4, not 5, not 6, not 7

SouthSideRookie
07-29-2010, 01:08 AM
Only record I seriously see them breaking is Attendance record !

Shahrose
this is REALLY hard to say because there are SOOOOO many records around that its hard to say. for example, theres probably a record for:

most pts for a SG/SF combo
most pts for a SG/PF combo
most pts for a SF/PF combo

you know what i mean?

erik7
Cano24: way to be a typical hater instead of actually answering the question in a mature manner...whether its 0 or 5 or more, state why not any or what it will be if it's not 0

erik7
07-29-2010, 01:10 AM
this is REALLY hard to say because there are SOOOOO many records around that its hard to say. for example, theres probably a record for:

most pts for a SG/SF combo
most pts for a SG/PF combo
most pts for a SF/PF combo

you know what i mean?

I am talking about obvious records that are known and will stand out for awhile...like the few examples I gave

Wade>You
07-29-2010, 01:10 AM
I hope all three suffer career ending Knee injuries....well maybe not wade becuase all he did was resign with his team but Lebron and Bosh are ******* and have to ride D Wade's coat tails to a championshipThanks for your support. :)

Hoopsadvocate
07-29-2010, 01:28 AM
I hope all three suffer career ending Knee injuries....well maybe not wade becuase all he did was resign with his team but Lebron and Bosh are ******* and have to ride D Wade's coat tails to a championship

LMAO so then no good players are allowed to sign to a team with another good player. RIGHT that makes sense your a joke.

BullsFan_1
07-29-2010, 01:30 AM
Christ...

Cano24
07-29-2010, 01:33 AM
LMAO so then no good players are allowed to sign to a team with another good player. RIGHT that makes sense your a joke.

that is not what I am saying at all....just dont have any respect for lebron taking the easy way out and they way he did it....Miami is and always will be Wade's team and LeBron just jumped on his coat tails becuase he knows he cant win by himself

Cano24
07-29-2010, 01:34 AM
Cano24: way to be a typical hater instead of actually answering the question in a mature manner...whether its 0 or 5 or more, state why not any or what it will be if it's not 0

oh sorry they will break lots of records but noone is going to care if they cant beat the Lakers at the end of the season

SouljahPhil...
07-29-2010, 01:37 AM
attendance record..

Hoopsadvocate
07-29-2010, 01:38 AM
that is not what I am saying at all....just dont have any respect for lebron taking the easy way out and they way he did it....Miami is and always will be Wade's team and LeBron just jumped on his coat tails becuase he knows he cant win by himself

okay but bosh?? so he wasnt allowed to join the team now either??

Cano24
07-29-2010, 01:39 AM
okay but bosh?? so he wasnt allowed to join the team now either??

I dont care about bosh he is not on the same level as Lebron

Wade>You
07-29-2010, 01:39 AM
Wade would tell you he doesn't care about it being his team. He's more than willing to give up that title for the opportunity to win a championship. He did it with Shaq, and he came off the bench for Team USA.

Hoopsadvocate
07-29-2010, 01:42 AM
I dont care about bosh he is not on the same level as Lebron

well u included him in your post :confused: hence why i said u must think its not okay for anyone good to team up with dwyane then. if every good player is just gonna get heckled by people like u for joining another good player on their team.

Cano24
07-29-2010, 01:43 AM
Wade would tell you he doesn't care about it being his team. He's more than willing to give up that title for the opportunity to win a championship.

Wade will still be taking the last shot in a must win situation....Lebron was supposed to be the best player ever yet he felt he needed to go with two other superstars to win a championship....IMO he took the easy way out and I dont have any respect for him for doing that plus his whole hour long douche fest didnt help him any, glad I was at a AAA baseball game instead of watching that

Cano24
07-29-2010, 01:44 AM
well u included him in your post :confused: hence why i said u must think its not okay for anyone good to team up with dwyane then. if every good player is just gonna get heckled by people like u for joining another good player on their team.

sorry for the confusion I just dont like Bosh and think he is the softest big man to play in the NBA

Hoopsadvocate
07-29-2010, 01:45 AM
sorry for the confusion I just dont like Bosh and think he is the softest big man to play in the NBA

Ahh ok fair enough.

Wade>You
07-29-2010, 01:48 AM
The funny thing is no NBA all-star / superstar feels the way these fans do. None of the superstars have said anything bad about the big 3 joining up.

Amare, Melo, and CP3 want to form a big 3.

DIRK NOWITZKI said he would've seriously considered joining LeBron and Wade in Miami if we didn't have our sights set on Bosh.

Obviously the big 3 in Boston all said they would've joined up earlier if they'd knew it be this good.

Bulls best/2nd best player Rose and Carlos Boozer didn't say anything bad.

In our own division, Dwight Howard and Joe Johnson haven'tt said anything. Don't doubt that they'd both like to play for a big 3.

All I hear of current players crying is bench players like JJ Reddick or average starting role players like Joakim Noah.

Great players currently playing don't have the same mentality that the fans on this board think they do.

erik7
07-29-2010, 01:48 AM
Wade will still be taking the last shot in a must win situation....Lebron was supposed to be the best player ever yet he felt he needed to go with two other superstars to win a championship....IMO he took the easy way out and I dont have any respect for him for doing that plus his whole hour long douche fest didnt help him any, glad I was at a AAA baseball game instead of watching that

:facepalm:

how many games are going to go down to the "final shot" where the Heat are tied or down???

I am pretty sure that Wade, Bron and Bosh will be sitting most fourth quarters or end of 4th quarters...

He took the best opportunity to win now and later and picked it...he took a lose lose situation and was selfish about it, picking the choice that mad HIM happy...who cares what you or anyone else says...

Cano24
07-29-2010, 01:50 AM
The funny thing is no NBA all-star / superstar feels the way these fans do. None of the superstars have said anything bad about the big 3 joining up.

DIRK NOWITZKI said he would've seriously considered joining LeBron and Wade in Miami if we didn't have our sights set on Bosh.

Obviously the big 3 in Boston all said they would've joined up earlier if they'd knew it be this good.

In our own division, Dwight Howard and Joe Johnson haven'tt said anything. Don't doubt that they'd both like to play for a big 3.

All I hear of current players crying is bench players like JJ Reddick or average starting role players like Joakim Noah said anything bad.

Great players currently playing don't have the same mentality that the fans on this board think they do.

MJ said he wouldnt have done it but I guess he doesnt count for anything and havent Rondo and Howard both talked trash about the Heat?...and I never claimed that the players feel the same way that I do

jackdawson
07-29-2010, 01:51 AM

Honest question here: Do you have a life?

Lakersho
07-29-2010, 01:51 AM
...DDAAAMMMBBBB !!! I hear ya but , damb...

Wade would tell you he doesn't care about it being his team. He's more than willing to give up that title for the opportunity to win a championship. He did it with Shaq, and he came off the bench for Team USA.

...Sure he does,and it is his team. lebron knows this and dont care. This way everyone wont be so down on him , not being the no. 1 guy and all if by chance they dont get the ship... You could see the last two years ,the stress Lebron had in the playoffs. He knew he couldn't do it being the man... Not trying to fight , just my opinion...

Cano24
07-29-2010, 01:52 AM
:facepalm:

how many games are going to go down to the "final shot" where the Heat are tied or down???

I am pretty sure that Wade, Bron and Bosh will be sitting most fourth quarters or end of 4th quarters...

He took the best opportunity to win now and later and picked it...he took a lose lose situation and was selfish about it, picking the choice that mad HIM happy...who cares what you or anyone else says...

well when the Lakers are beating them in the Finals who do you want taking that last shot Bron or Wade.....I am taking Wade.....If it makes bron happy good for him but his image as the face of the NBA on a global level went out the window and any chance of he had of being recognized as the best player ever is also gone.....Lebron had the chance to show everyone he was the King and take the Cavs to the top without the help of two other superstar players and proved to everyone that he is Prince James and hoped on Wade's coat tails

Wade>You
07-29-2010, 01:53 AM
Wade will still be taking the last shot in a must win situation....Lebron was supposed to be the best player ever yet he felt he needed to go with two other superstars to win a championship....IMO he took the easy way out and I dont have any respect for him for doing that plus his whole hour long douche fest didnt help him any, glad I was at a AAA baseball game instead of watching thatNot necessarily, many players have hit big shots for Miami during Wade's tenure, Udonis Haslem being one of them. I'm even willing to bet Udonis took more big shots for Miami last season than Wade did.

IMO, it's always been about whoever has the open look with Wade.

Cano24
07-29-2010, 01:55 AM
Honest question here: Do you have a life?

you are right I am sorry....let me be like the rest of the world and get down on my knees and worship the Miami Thrice

Penetra8r
07-29-2010, 01:56 AM
Only record I seriously see them breaking is Attendance record !

This is the best post.

jackdawson
07-29-2010, 01:57 AM
you are right I am sorry....let me be like the rest of the world and get down on my knees and worship the Miami Thrice

Yea, you are hoping three superstars get injured just because they didn't go to your team. That says it all. I mean what a pathetic life you have!

Cano24
07-29-2010, 02:00 AM
Yea, you are hoping three superstars get injured just because they didn't go to your team. That says it all. I mean what a pathetic life you have!

first of all it was a Joke I dont want them to all get hurt (it would be funny as hell but I dont wish anyone to lose the ability to make a living), plus I have to live with a heat fan and I am just tired of hearing about it so the sooner it ends the bettermy pathetic life will be

Lakersho
07-29-2010, 02:02 AM

All I hear of current players crying is bench players like JJ Reddick or average starting role players like Joakim Noah.

...Honestly, Magic Johnson, M J , Charles barkley, Reggie Miller, they all said he screwed up and became D .Wades robin. that he was supposed to be THE CHOSEN ONE ,alpha dogg on the team HE help build and TOOK all the way to the championship trophy presentation... So your wrong on the hall of famers and all. Kobe , and Melo have to much class to says smack about it. They'll Make their points in the game... Do you really think none of the best players in the game , THINK it wasn't a coward move ?

John Walls Era
07-29-2010, 02:09 AM
Team Records Include:

* Best record

*Worst record

*Best home record

*Worst home record

*Best road record

*Best road record (41 games)

*Worst road record

*Longest winning streak

*Longest home winning streak

*Longest road winning streak

*Longest losing streak

*Best start (41 games)

*Worst start (41 games)

*Best finish (41 games)

*Worst finish (41 games)

*Best starts (number of losses)

*Worst starts (number of wins)

*Largest average point differential

*Largest average margin of victory

*Most points per game

*Fewest points per game

*Most consecutive 100 point games

*Most consecutive games with fewer than 100 points

*Most steals per game

*Fewest steals per game

*Fewest blocks per game

*Undefeated months (min. 12 games)

(Source:WIKI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_records#Season_2))

I could definitely see them breaking a few of these (2-3); but wouldn't be surprised if they break 0 records. Most of these have been here for quite awhile.

Heater4life
07-29-2010, 02:11 AM
back on topic......

I would say zero. I wouldnt give an estimate to how many they can break because i have not seen them play together as of yet. But i do believe if theres any team the has the ability to be a record breaking team its the Heat.

JiffyMix88
07-29-2010, 02:11 AM
wouldn't that suck if the team plane crashed and then everyone will be saying "What would have been.."?

but they will break all records possible

What?
07-29-2010, 02:14 AM
The question is kind of a bad one and you have to make alot of assumptions to answer it of the ones you listed the most likely will be Lebron averaging a triple double. am assuming he plays point and with that frontline Lebron could actually average 10 rpg but that is really unlikely

That defense defiantly isn't the best ever...

No chance to average most points among 3 players don't know what the exact record is but probably around 90ppg for all 3 players

OregonLakerFan
07-29-2010, 02:28 AM
The only record that matters is wins and that only counts if you add 14 more in the post season. I don't think they will break the Bulls but you can prob write them in for 65 w/ no injuries

Cano24
07-29-2010, 02:31 AM
wouldn't that suck if the team plane crashed and then everyone will be saying "What would have been.."?

but they will break all records possible

and I was out of line for suggesting career ending injuries

knickfan33
07-29-2010, 02:34 AM
aybe some gets an individual record, thats about it....no way lebron averages triple double by the way....all three players should see stat decline if succesful

Wade>You
07-29-2010, 02:40 AM
...Honestly, Magic Johnson, M J , Charles barkley, Reggie Miller, they all said he screwed up and became D .Wades robin. that he was supposed to be THE CHOSEN ONE ,alpha dogg on the team HE help build and TOOK all the way to the championship trophy presentation... So your wrong on the hall of famers and all. Kobe , and Melo have to much class to says smack about it. They'll Make their points in the game... Do you really think none of the best players in the game , THINK it wasn't a coward move ?Check the last sentence you quoted me ... :rolleyes:

And no, I don't think great NBA players think it was a coward move. That's also in the post you quoted me on.

Gibby
07-29-2010, 02:50 AM

Wade recruited Lebron. So he basically did the same. all 3 knew they were going to join the same team. i dont see how you can blame one and not the other.

Cano24
07-29-2010, 02:53 AM
Wade recruited Lebron. So he basically did the same. all 3 knew they were going to join the same team. i dont see how you can blame one and not the other.

Wade was not looked at as the Chosen one and Wade did not pack up and move to a new city

ink
07-29-2010, 02:57 AM
Thanks for your support. :)

While I don't support people making comments wishing injury on players, what do you honestly expect? People are absolutely sick of this topic. What a ridiculous thread to start.

If someone has to start a thread like this, please start it in the team forum, not here.