PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever run into an NBA player in public?

Pages : [1] 2

davids22
07-28-2010, 07:00 PM
Ever done it? I mean outside of the stadium and outside of any events/charities that are organized by the team or player. Aka you're walking down the street and bam there's Tracy McGrady, etc.

Most peoples stories will prob be less obscure stars, since the bigger name guys probably only roll in big crews, but thought this would be an interesting thread. So if you've ever ran into one at the store, a restaurant, a bar/club, anything, let's hear it. I guess we'll hear your friends story too if you were unlucky.

My story: I live in Milwaukee. It was a Friday night the night Brandon Jennings dropped 55 against Golden State. There was a party going on at my house that night and everyone was excited about the new kid Jennings since we had just watched the game on tv. It was a few hours after the game that some of us decided to get some food at a local Gyro place that was about 4-5 blocks down the street. Lowandbehold, Brandon Jennings walks in to get some late night food. My friend asked him if he was Brandon Jennings, and BJ couldn't help but grin a little bit while saying "No man I just look like him". Pretty soon everyone in the place realized Brandon Jennings was there and everyone gave him a huge round of applause as he waited for his order to get done. He was just smiling the whole time, you could tell he was excited but was still pretty humble about the whole thing.

Craig Cashoun (the Bucks TV play-by-play announcer) did an interview with Jennings shortly after that night and actually brought up how Jennings had gone to get a bite to eat later that night and had gotten a round of applause from the whole restaurant. Was pretty excited to be a part of that!!!

black1605
07-28-2010, 07:01 PM
Emeka Okafor at the mall. Talked with him for like 20 seconds while he was in line at the ATM.

effen5
07-28-2010, 07:17 PM
I live in the same town as all the Bulls players so I see them quite often.

Last player I ran into was Luol Deng at the ups store lol.

bleedprple&gold
07-28-2010, 07:18 PM
My sister saw Pau and Marc Gasol at the W hotel...she snapped a quick shot of Pau chillin (wish I could attach it)...

Htownballa1622
07-28-2010, 07:21 PM
I met david robinson in bush intercontinental airport in houston.very nice guy.

Mom used to work out at same gym as robert horry and damon stoudemire in houston called FIT.glen davis used to work out with a trainer I worked out with named james.

John Walls Era
07-28-2010, 07:25 PM
I think I saw Craig Smith (how many 6 9 guys do you see on the street) once. I didn't really find it necessary to talk to him though because I wasn't sure if it was him.

Hellcrooner
07-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Yes.

in 1992 i was in the states on holyday i spent a month tehre traveling east west, down and up again ( NJ-SF-L.A-ORL-NJ again) ton of miles :p

When i was in chicago i ran across Horace Grant in the street.

And ive ran plenty of timeaross a "tecnically Nba Player".
Fran Vazquez is from a town 30 miles from where i grew uop so ive seen him in the street many times.

zambo4president
07-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Mo Williams was at the LA Fitness I used to go to in San Diego about a month and a half ago before I moved. I missed him by about 15 minutes but few kids I go to school with were there and they told me about it. I dunno why the **** Mo Williams was in San Diego at LA Fitness but I guess he was. When I was a baby we went on vacation to Hawaii and we walked directly past John Elway.

jmeeks42
07-28-2010, 07:37 PM
I saw Clifford Robinson at my local Sam's Club one time. He was buying an absurd amount of Gatorade.

iam brett favre
07-28-2010, 07:39 PM
i saw michael beasley 2 AM at downtown disney in the parking lot the year he was drafted (2 years ago maybe)

ntat
07-28-2010, 07:40 PM
A lot of times with King's players. I ran into Webber at Friday's and bought him shrimp. I ran into Bobby jackson and summer sanders at a costume shop in Old Sac. I used to date a girl who's Brother In Law was Darius Wright, a proffesional B Ball player(over seas) and got to hang with some lower NBA guys all the time on his summer league(Not NBA summer league). A girl I went to highschool with lived next door to Jason Williams, he shot hoops with us for about 20 min once. And a guy from school lived 5 houses down from Vlade. He had this little old like 1980 Dihatsu in his driveway on blocks for a couple years lol. I used to manage a bar that K Mart came into every Tuesday, he was really nice. Jason Thompson tried to come in a couple times with Ronnie Brown but he was under age, so we told him to get the steppin.

Nets fan 93
07-28-2010, 07:41 PM
I saw Clifford Robinson at my local Sam's Club one time. He was buying an absurd amount of Gatorade.
thats pretty cool. LOL at meeting Luol Deng at a UPS place.

Ebbs
07-28-2010, 07:42 PM
I know its football But I talked with Marcus Allen for like 15 minutes in an airport one time got his autograph too.

knickfan33
07-28-2010, 07:43 PM
met john starks at "meet john starks night"
wilson chandler in penn station, right below the garden, when i was going to work.
Antonio Davis had a baby mama around the block from me when i was a kid.

celtisox41
07-28-2010, 07:46 PM
One time i went to the celtics game and won an autographed ray allen basketball which i bumped into brian scalabrine with. It was great

knickfan33
07-28-2010, 07:46 PM
i saw lebron crying on the corner the other day.. he jsut kept saying "what did i do.....what was i thinking." i gave him a tissue and told him not to worry, scottie pippen was a hall of famer.

serrano275
07-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Patrick Ewing (like 10 years ago) hit on my girlfriend at the time in the seminole mall. When I came back after getting her coffee he made some smarta** remark about me being a nobody and bounced. I was 17 at the time so I thought it was awsome.

In Altamonte Springs, FL there is a "five guys and fries" and I guess Marcin Gortat is a huge fan cause I have been there twice and he was there both times. I didn't bother him cause I hate to bother people when they eat.

We saw Hedo Turk at a retruant getting in his car to leave, when he noticed us talking about him he parked his car, got out and took some picks with me and my wife and the other couple who was with us. I thought that was cool. 3 weeks later he goes to Toronto.

braveniler58
07-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Yep. I was volunteering at a charity even for kids with cancer in Los Angeles, and saw Carmelo Anthony there. Got a picture with him.

knickfan33
07-28-2010, 07:49 PM
i would have begged my girl to have sex with him.

SANDBURG23
07-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Scottie Pippen, he was creating a scene at the Crow bar in Chicago because he didn't like the service. He is a real a-hole in real life.

_Supreme_
07-28-2010, 07:50 PM
We went to Medieval Times last month when one of my little cousins had his birthday, and it turned out Smush Parker was there working as the page who cleans up after the horses.

phlp_bj
07-28-2010, 07:51 PM
ive met ben gordon at tgi fridays

nacdaddy
i saw lebron crying on the corner the other day.. he jsut kept saying "what did i do.....what was i thinking." i gave him a tissue and told him not to worry, scottie pippen was a hall of famer.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

phlp_bj
We went to Medieval times last month when one of my little cousins had his birthday, and it turned out Smush Parker was there working as the page who cleans up after the horses.

ahhaa

TheWatcher34
07-28-2010, 07:52 PM
something like 15 years ago i ran into Dikembe Mutombo at a mall in Berlin. He was a big time player back then. i got a signature card with his autograph :D i was a boy and i remember that i was amazed by his humongeous sneakers, size 55 or so lol

joe-cool
ya i saw julius erving in the st george airport once i talked to him on the plane

DCSportsIsPain
I was on LaPhonso Ellis' team in the pickup game at Highlands Ranch Recreation Center in Colorado when he sustained his career-ending injury.

championships
07-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Quite often actually, I see alot of players walking around the Bellagio, Two years ago I ran into Jermaine O'Neal literally. We both were'nt looking and I ran into him. He didn't say anything but Tim Thomas told me to be careful.

knickfan33
07-28-2010, 07:56 PM
something like 15 years ago i ran into Dikembe Mutombo at a mall in Berlin. He was a big time player back then. i got a signature card with his autograph :D i was a boy and i remember that i was amazed by his humongeous sneakers, size 55 or so lol

i saw dikembo in the super market, i pick up some charmin ultra soft and tried to throw it in his cart, he swatted it away and waved his finger in my face...it was so akward

CQSox305
07-28-2010, 07:56 PM
8 years ago I ran into Jamal Crawford all the time, we used to live in the same building. Ate at the same restaurants, etc.

FachoinaNYY
07-28-2010, 07:57 PM
My brother "met" chris paul and rudy gay in the vegas airport a couple days ago, got a pic with them, pretty cool. Said they were good guys.

drama1386
07-28-2010, 07:57 PM
I ran into Jamaal Magloire at a panera bread when he was on the bucks a few years ago. talked to him for a minute, he shook my hand and that was it. not anyone too exciting but I though it was awesome at the time.

SouthSideRookie
07-28-2010, 07:58 PM
Two different times actually, I saw Olajuwon once at a restaurant and waited for him to finish eating to ask for his autograph, he said "of course", Second time I saw Eddie Johnson at the mall, I said "Eddy Eddy Eddy" referring to the shot he hit at the buzzer in game 4 in 96 against the Jazz in the western conference finals when he played with the Rockets, he said "how u doin"..... Its amazing how one shot in a big moment can leave such a lasting effect.

FachoinaNYY
07-28-2010, 07:59 PM
I also was fairly close with wesley mathews and lazar hayward as I went to school with them, great standup guys btw...

effen5
07-28-2010, 08:00 PM
thats pretty cool. LOL at meeting Luol Deng at a UPS place.

Please,

I also met Marcus Fizer at Jewel (Chicago grocery store) turns out he lives a street away from me

Also met Tyson Chandler at a different Jewel but in the same shopping center as the UPS store at 4am, he just got home from Houston after a game.

Met Ben Gordon at Best Buy

Met Joakim Noah at Northbrook Court with 20 bags filled with Apple crap

Met PJ Brown at Northbrook Court

Met Kirk Hinrich at a golf course in Deerfield

Met Ben Wallace at Old Orchard Mall

Im sure I've met others but can't think from the top of my head....I usually see more Chicago Bears players though then Bulls players.

championships
07-28-2010, 08:00 PM
My brother "met" chris paul and rudy gay in the vegas airport a couple days ago, got a pic with them, pretty cool. Said they were good guys.

The players are always here, even during the season. Thats why I don't get it when people say a team would'nt work here because the players would get in trouble

NotAnotherYear
07-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Eddie Curry at mcdonalds in whiteplains ny...no I'm not kidding

epizo1
07-28-2010, 08:02 PM
I was flying back into Boston from Orlando on July 15 with my wife and kids. It was early in the morning and we were at Orlando International quite early so we sat to eat at a BK. My wife then asks me "Is he famous or something?", pointing over my right shoulder. I look back and there is Dwight Howard taking pics with some fans just a couple tables back. He was just walking through but my wife said when he entered he looked right at me but didn't think anything of it. Why did he glance at me? Probably had something to do with me wearing my Kobe jersey, lol ;) Needless to say I didn't get up to ask for autographs. He zipped right by me.

Raidaz4Life
07-28-2010, 08:03 PM
One time me and my buddy were at Denny's late at night and we saw Roger Mason jr. After he gave the waitress his credit card we called her over (we were good friends with her) and asked the name on the card and she told us then we just grinned.

ruslan898
07-28-2010, 08:04 PM
I met Allen Iverson at Dave and Buster's in Philadelphia and almost got beat up by his body guards for asking Allen for his autograph.. He's such an ***hole.

I also met Samuel Dalembert about 4 or 5 times in this bar in Philadelphia. Contrary to Iverson, Dalember is one of the nicest people that I've ever met.

FachoinaNYY
07-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Last one I promise... ive also met kirk henrich several times at his lake house, also a great a guy, always nice and patient with ppl.

ChicagoBulls23
07-28-2010, 08:06 PM
A friend of mine played a pick up game with D Rose when he was in highschool. He called next game and Derrick Rose came in with his possy and asked if he could be on my friend's team. He didn't know who D Rose was at the time so he had the nerve to ask him if he was any good and his possy just laughed. He threw D Rose an alleyoop.

FachoinaNYY
Eddie Curry at mcdonalds in whiteplains ny...no I'm not kidding

And best post in the thread goes to... Hahah amazing.

OneManIsNoMan
Scottie Pippen, he was creating a scene at the Crow bar in Chicago because he didn't like the service. He is a real a-hole in real life.

I used to do all of Scottie's electrical work at his summer home. He was nice to me :shrug:.

He threw a party one summer and I met MJ and Wilkins a few days before the party actually started. I also met Parrish and Wilkins at a gas station and met Ray Allen/Championship trophy before parade.

effen5
Last one I promise... ive also met kirk henrich several times at his lake house, also a great a guy, always nice and patient with ppl.

Seriously? He was a dbag to my friends and I...but this was like 4 years ago.

GinoCochino
07-28-2010, 08:08 PM
I saw Mehmet Okur at the mall a couple of weeks ago. He gave me a dirty look because I had my Kobe Bryant jersey on. So as I left I said "Jazz suck":)

MAC10TIZZY
07-28-2010, 08:09 PM
patrick ewing (like 10 years ago) hit on my girlfriend at the time in the seminole mall. When i came back after getting her coffee he made some smarta** remark about me being a nobody and bounced. I was 17 at the time so i thought it was awsome.

In altamonte springs, fl there is a "five guys and fries" and i guess marcin gortat is a huge fan cause i have been there twice and he was there both times. I didn't bother him cause i hate to bother people when they eat.

We saw hedo turk at a retruant getting in his car to leave, when he noticed us talking about him he parked his car, got out and took some picks with me and my wife and the other couple who was with us. I thought that was cool. 3 weeks later he goes to toronto.1

tcav701
07-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Winter of '08 I saw Rasheed Wallace at a club in Boston. (He played for Detroit at the time and was playing the C's the next day.) Me and my friends were in the VIP with Tracy Bingham who is my friends aunt. Sheed couldnt get up in the VIP and started freaking out. So naturally, me and my friends starting yeliing at him and T'ing him up. This cause everyone in the bar to notice he was there and joined in on the fun. Sheed responded by flipping a table and losing his cool sceaming "******* Boston!!!". (Got a good pic of this on my old cell phone.)

Joke was on us however because i think he went for 19 and 8 the next day in a Pistons afternoon win dispite being drunk and disorderly the night before.

Lakersho
07-28-2010, 08:12 PM
...If you wanna see most of these guy's go to a good strip club when its their birthday, friend of mine is a door gorilla at a club in hollywood area. he see's alot of players , some lakers, alot of dudes from other teams have houses in L A . Summertime he says no tell'n who will walk in. Mello stopped in about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Wouldn't believe him , but he get's pics with most of them...

Tufnel_11
07-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Late 90's, on vacation ran into Danny Manning at a batting cage/go cart place in Phoenix. He was in the cage next to my wife and I. Big dude. Talked to his friend but not him.

Mavrix
07-28-2010, 08:14 PM
JJ Barea at the club a couple of years ago

Nick Fazekas (plays in Europe now) at the mall

Anthony Randolph at the club about a year ago, asked for a picture and he said in a sec. 2 minutes later he left.

MAC10TIZZY
07-28-2010, 08:15 PM

i ran into jameer at ikea, pretty normal and down to earth dude, seen otis at the apple store(mall millenia) i talk to vince carter's high school coach quite a bit, used to serve shaq's mom at a japenese restaruant i used to work at, my girl taught van gundy's kids at a middle school here

fadedmario
07-28-2010, 08:16 PM
I met Chris Webber at Spring Arbor College in Michigan. He was with his brother.

hyb152
07-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Lots.

show34
07-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Ah plenty of them gerome williams chris porter jason caffey alot of them but them 3 i had the pleasure to kick it with and have fun with

netsgiantsyanks
you people are lucky as hell.......i never get to meet anyone:(

JDMac80
Football and baseball but no basketball.

I saw Curtis Martin at Nordstroms about 10 years ago, nice guy. I met Darryl Strawberry while he waited for the hotel guy to get him a cab at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square. Dudes hands are huge, like bear paws.

hyb152
07-28-2010, 08:19 PM
I saw Mehmet Okur at the mall a couple of weeks ago. He gave me a dirty look because I had my Kobe Bryant jersey on. So as I left I said "Jazz suck":)

And you live in utah. You must've jumped on the laker bandwagon since they bullied your jazz the last 3 years straight in the postseason.

tonyvaince
07-28-2010, 08:20 PM
i work at a gas station as a summer job in chicago and i was working a couple weeks ago and as soon as im done taking care of one of the customers i look up n joakim noah is standing there holding two cokes and snickers lol... i have met him before after the bulls playoff win against the cavs last year and honest to god he actually remembered me cause he took my permanent marker and never gave it back lol

one of the nicest guys that i have ever met!!!

netsgiantsyanks
07-28-2010, 08:21 PM
And you live in utah. You must've jumped on the laker bandwagon since they bullied your jazz the last 3 years straight in the postseason.

shut up. this thread isnt for smartass remarks.

hyb152
07-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Yes. Jason Kidd, Bobby Jackson, Stephen Curry, Wally Szczerbiak, Shane Battier, Quincy Douby, Bobby Jackson again, Ray Allen, Travis Outlaw, Spencer Hawes, Ike Diogu, Andrei Kirilenko, and Charles Oakley.

I got Kidd and Curry to sign jerseys of themselves I just happened to be wearing at the time. Talk about coincidence. I do a lot of traveling btw, gotten pretty fortunate. Battier/Szczerbiak/Jackson are really nice guys. Hawes is a sloppy eater. There was rice all over the place when he left.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Jamal Magloire buys at the Lick's I work at.

Seen him twice. Got autographs each time.

blastmasta26
07-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Don't worry, me neither lol

Slimsim
07-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Steve Nash In Manhattan. He fit in well with the NY crowd.

swishaholic
my mom owns a math tutoring center for kids. One day kobe shows up with his 2 daughters to sign em up for a summer session. I met him a couple of days later when he brought em in for the diagnostic test (lol had to leave work for that one). Dude was real respectful of our business and all (random people tried running in to talk to him/get an autograph, and he adamantly told them "this is not the time"). Got a picture with him afterwards

njnets
gallo and marbury work out at NYSC. me and many of my friends have met them. one of my friends has a picture with gallo, its pretty funny considering gallo is like a foot taller.

idk if he still has the house but nate robinson lived in my school district. few kids in my grade lived on the same street and actually played bball at his house.

besides that, unless it was officially set up, nothing else comes to mind.

celtisox41
07-28-2010, 08:25 PM

hahahahahahahaha

daleja424
07-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Glenn Rice and Alonzo Morning at malls

swishaholic
07-28-2010, 08:26 PM
i also saw lechoke walking into a gay club in hollywood, as we were driving by to a straight club lmao (before any of yall try to pull that one). I think it explains a lot. Soon youll see that lebron comes out of the closet, declaring his new "mate" to be chris "avatar" bosh

hyb152
07-28-2010, 08:26 PM
my mom owns a math tutoring center for kids. One day kobe shows up with his 2 daughters to sign em up for a summer session. I met him a couple of days later when he brought em in for the diagnostic test (lol had to leave work for that one). Dude was real respectful of our business and all (random people tried running in to talk to him/get an autograph, and he adamantly told them "this is not the time"). Got a picture with him afterwards

I hate that, when athletes are in their own time like that and people run up to them. I've seen Trent Green, Bill Walsh before he died, and even Oscar de la Hoya but I didn't go bother to ask them for autographs/pics because they were with their families in their own time. People need to learn to respect people's space in certain situations. There's a time and place and if a player is bringing his daughters to tutoring, that's not the time and place. :facepalm:

hyb152
07-28-2010, 08:27 PM
i also saw lechoke walking into a gay club in hollywood, as we were driving by to a straight club lmao (before any of yall try to pull that one). I think it explains a lot. Soon youll see that lebron comes out of the closet, declaring his new "mate" to be chris "avatar" bosh

You're not old enough to get into clubs junior.

bmcpx1034
07-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Me and friend back in the 90's snuck into the Summit (Rockets old stadium) I got too scared of getting caught, but my friend disappeared, and when he came back he had the right shoe of Akeem! That shoe was big

albertc86
Man... I haven't met anyone but Antonio Harvey and that was when he was still with the Lakers. Ages ago... I was only like 7 but I recognized him at a Sports Chalet and asked for his autograph... I think he was surprised anyone recognized him, let alone a little kid.

kEviN21
Corey Brewer at MYSTIC LAKE CASINO at 1 am...Didn't talk to him but I'm 100% sure it was him...funny thing is he had a game the next day and he did poorly lol

Kakaroach
07-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Some years ago when I was a little kid I met AK-47 at the La Salsa here in Utah. Thats back when he was our best player, he was getting to-go but I got his autograph and still have it to this day.

swishaholic
07-28-2010, 08:32 PM
quoting: hyb152

You're not old enough to get into clubs junior.

1) Why you making this personal? Are you related to lebrick?
2) Actually im 23, and so yes im old enough to get into clubs
3) Did you know they just instituted an upper age limit for club entry? No one over 35 (unless its cougars).
4) Nice try though ;)

Gators123
07-28-2010, 08:32 PM

golden_nugget
07-28-2010, 08:33 PM
the building I work at in downtown Denver has a gym owned by Steve Hess, the Nuggets strength and conditioning coach, so I see Nuggets and other NBA players pass through the lobby all the time.

serrano275
07-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Another story I was supose to add. I was stationed in germany a few years back. We went to some town looking for European chicks. We get to a bar and my friend starts hitting on this hot chick and I was talking to one of the friend she came in hear with (she was cute but no where near as hot as the one my friend was working on.)

After an hour the bar tender yells for us to go see him he says "your guys next drink is payed for, what do you want?" so we get our drinks and ask why they are free. He says "He bought them so you guys came get away from those girls."

He is pointing to Dirk Nowintzky who has his arms around both the girls and just throwing his mack game down.

We were half drunk an extreamly pissed but I believe it was his home town cause as soon as we went to step to him like 5 dudes came out of no where and told us to leave.
I have mixed feelings about that, cause player to player, that was a slick move.

Being in the military I got to see a lot of famouse athletes for some reason. And now that I am back home in north Orlando I run into them once in a while becuase the areas most people hang out at in orlando are in a condenced area. If I was in a bigger city like NY or LA I might not see this many people. But then again NY and LA have massive amounts of stars on there own.

swishaholic
07-28-2010, 08:34 PM
but yes, people can be wayyy oblivious/disrespectful when they see a celebrity or athlete. This dude who owned a pizza shop around the corner literally ran inside the center with his framed kobe picture yelling for an autograph. He definitely got told by the Mamba. Then proceeded to claim that his pizza was the best in the city lol

knickfan33
07-28-2010, 08:35 PM
i saw delonte west walking down the street with lebron in a baby bjorn.

Force25
07-28-2010, 08:35 PM
When i saw this thread i realized ive seen/met a couple.
At first when i was invited to very special event where we line up to give fives to the players of the miami heat when they enter the court. There i saw all players of 05/06 Heat Team.
Next are former players. hopefully that counts
Tim hardaway - i was going for a quick run and there i saw tim running too in Pinecrest.I was suprised he wasnt that tall. We talked for a little bit. Nice guy.
Alonzo Mourning - I was at Whole Foods and saw him there. Very nice. But if he is not in the mood, then not really nice. lol
Jermaine oneal(still playing) - saw him at the movies. asked for a pic n he was very cool with it. That day i watched paranormal activity and oneal was sitting two seats away to my right. lol. couldnt help but notice he was texting a lot cause of the light. lol My teacher works as a statistics for every heat home game. i told her i met jermaine and she asked me if he was nice. I told her yes and she said thats good cause sometime most of them are jerks outside the court.
Brian Grant - Went to block buster and saw a very big guy with big hair. i wasnt sure it was him. i went to the line n he was front of me. he left and i asked the cashier is that was brian grant. and she said yeah. i ran out and yelled out brian grant. he turned around and waved.
ive met other sports players like a-rod(visited school) and mike lowell(church every sunday offseason).

jrm2054
07-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Dejuan Blair went to high school close to me he is only a year older i used to see him around all the time and actually played a pick up game at the park be4 with him and sam young.

jdub747
07-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Ronnie Price he was doing his thing wit his big homie, really nice guy though talked to him for a couple of minutes. it was the night after he got that big block in the playoffs on Luke Walton. he's actually alot bigger than he looks on the court

Trouble87
07-28-2010, 08:41 PM
I went to school with Sebastian Telfair for a year... We were cool until his senior year of high school

Chris Taft was a childhood friend of mine

met Lance Stephenson at Rucker Park though a friend

thats about it, never been lucky with meeting celebs or pro athletes

rpj2k
07-28-2010, 08:42 PM
David Lee on 5th Ave...he was pretty cool. Anthony Mason in front of Jacob the Jewelers store. He was real cool. He stopped and talked about a couple mins.

kingkenny01
07-28-2010, 08:43 PM
last night i lit up a blunt with michael beasly , we was chopped as a *****
after i got my dog lassie and had him fight mike vick's dog

Hype
07-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Does Dale Ellis count?

The Final Boss
07-28-2010, 08:51 PM
My brother knocked out Matt Barnes last year at Al & Ed's Auto Sound on Lincoln Blvd. in Marina Del Rey, CA. Before Brian Cook was traded a few seasons back my little brother asked him how he's in the NBA and Cook's friends laughed at Cook. Lmao

PC
07-28-2010, 08:51 PM
I saw Keith Van Horn at blockbuster's once

DfanAlways
07-28-2010, 08:52 PM
Living in L.A. has it's perks.
Although, when back home in Saginaw, I've met Jason Richardson.
And when I was a little kid I met Mark Macon haha at the Fashion Sq. mall.

Out here in L.A. I met Omeka Okefor [and Master P... hey.. he played basketball too man haha] before he was drafted at the 3rd street mall.
I met Desmond Mason on the courts in Venice.
I didn't meet him, but saw Chris Kaman at Venice too. He was surrounded by people so I kept walking.
I met Kenny Smith at Coffee bean... his wife is gorgeous. AND, I saw them power walking in the mall together before the mall opened haha.
I didn't meet him, but Mark Jackson was also in that mall.
I met Lamar Odom at Toi Rockin' Thai.
I met Cuttino Mobley at the Revlon Cancer walk at USC.

Kevj77
07-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Never, but I did get to talk to Barry Bonds in Arco Arena at a Kings/Lakers game. He was courtside with the Maloofs and left his seat at halftime. My seats were about 6 rows below the luxury boxes. I heard some commotion and turned around there was Bonds with the owners of the Kings in a box right behind me. My friend asked him if he was going to sign with the A's. He said he was old and flashed a smile. I asked him if he was rooting for Kobe. He said something like he was there with the Maloof what do you think.

AntiG
07-28-2010, 08:54 PM
ran into Keith Van Horn, Todd McCullough and Brian Skinner out in Coconut Grove (near Miami) a few years back. Tall MFers.

Shaq a couple years ago when he visited my company.

Met David Robinson a month ago when he visited my company.

mudvayne387
07-28-2010, 08:56 PM
I met david robinson in bush intercontinental airport in houston.very nice guy.

Mom used to work out at same gym as robert horry and damon stoudemire in houston called FIT.glen davis used to work out with a trainer I worked out with named james.

I'm calling BS !

TheGsw
07-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Seen Ron Artest up in Reno at a arcade.

goose15
07-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Clyde Drexler at Newark Airport

Rndy
07-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Does Eddy Curry having a restraining order on me count?

jrm2054
07-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Does Eddy Curry having a restraining order on me count?
WHY? lol just curious.

Rndy
07-28-2010, 09:02 PM
WHY? lol just curious.

No idea man. You think picking up his kids from school so he has time to work on his jumpshot. Thank god the Bulls traded him such a hard ***!

Btw this is a joke just incase PSD frowns upon attempted kidnapping of children. I approve the Amber Alert folks.

irobson
07-28-2010, 09:02 PM
i met walt williams at an airport he gave my sister an autograph and a picture...he was nice

Frezhnitz
07-28-2010, 09:04 PM
I've seen all of them. Yepp on TV. :)

vash9
07-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Shaq in Vegas at Caesar's Palace.

i didn't say a word or waved at him.

just saw him.

ElMarroAfamado
07-28-2010, 09:07 PM
my friend said he saw baron davis at a comic book store or something on melrose earlier this year...and him and baron were walking up to each other and he asked baron for an autograph and that he just said "nah man" and didnt even give him dap that he just poked out his elbow at him

ElMarroAfamado
07-28-2010, 09:08 PM
i also saw Keith Closs at Fox Hills mall once

the nightman
07-28-2010, 09:08 PM
saw dwade at a club down in miami. started talking to him a bit, he bought me some shots and then i bought him a few. we went clubbing together and hopped to a few different clubs. we were wingmen for the night and had a 4 some with two other girls. amazing experience.

DenButsu
07-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Saw Dikembe Mutumobo at a Sunday brunch buffet in Greenwood Village (suburb of Denver) once, probably around 92-93 or so. Went up to get some more food at the same time as him just to see in person how tall he was, but he was with his family and I didn't want to disturb them so I didn't try to say hi or ask for an autograph or anything. Maybe I was a little starstruck/intimidated, too. :cool:

Also, not NBA, but I was at a bar, probably around 97/98 or so, and Peter Forsberg and some other Avs came in, about 4 of them. They were all wearing black trenchcoats, which we thought was pretty dorky. But of course, they were getting lots of love.

Gambeezy
07-28-2010, 09:10 PM
I walked right behind Shawn Marion for a block or two on Ocean Drive in South Beach when he played for the Heat, briefly haha.

I ate Sushi at a restaurant in South Beach and my table was right next to Shaun Livingston's table. Needless to say, I didn't feel the need to ask for an autograph.

At a club called Karu and Y in Downtown Miami, I was in VIP with Hines Ward, Emeka Okafor, and Shawn Merriman (Chargers) random group of guys I know. The funny thing was the Heat were playing the Bobcats the next day. Good to know where Emeka's priorities lie during the Season. Bum. They had every girl in VIP around their table. I was butt hurt.

gmckenziejr82
07-28-2010, 09:12 PM
i saw dikembo in the super market, i pick up some charmin ultra soft and tried to throw it in his cart, he swatted it away and waved his finger in my face...it was so akward

I almost cried when I read that...too funny man
:laugh::laugh:

KeepMonta#8
07-28-2010, 09:13 PM

nick bush
07-28-2010, 09:14 PM
I know this has nothing to do with sports but i Meat Aaron Carter at shopping town mall in Syracuse hanged out with him for about a half hour, and then i met Coach Jim boeheim of Syracuse at diner.

tribalpinoy
07-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Met Chris Mihm at a bar. He was cool.

Mochalman
07-28-2010, 09:21 PM
I know this has nothing to do with sports but i Meat Aaron Carter at shopping town mall in Syracuse hanged out with him for about a half hour, and then i met Coach Jim boeheim of Syracuse at diner.

i wouldnt brag about meeting aaron carter, esp. if he was desperate enough to hang out with someone he doesnt know for a half hour

still1ballin
07-28-2010, 09:22 PM
J.R. Reid at the LAX airport.

Hitman21
07-28-2010, 09:23 PM
i ran into byron russell at the mall

ran into juan dixon a few times my apt bldg/clubs

brendan haywood at the club

allen iverson at taj mahal in AC

greivas vasquez at the wiz game one nite and in a college park bar

i used to valet for red auberbach on a daily basis..cheapest guy i knew may he rip

ran into shaq at a club

shook hands with antawn jamison

i see george muresan all the time..hes kinda hard to miss:

other sports...:
i see alex ovechkin and all the caps in dc clubs all the time man they know how to party...always with the sexiest girls

shawne merriman

chris horton..he tried to say it wasnt him but i called him out...

carlos rogers..real cool dude

vernon davis a few weeks ago...probably one of the nicest athletes i met..he stoped n talked to me and my friends for a while

also ran into tyson and hollyfield..not at the same time though

nick bush
07-28-2010, 09:29 PM
well the thing is I played air hockey agents him and there was allot of people watching us and the I had to get my sister an autograph for her and then my brother played agents him in rush we both bet him it was fun i had a good time hes a down to earth type of cool guy.

the nightman
07-28-2010, 09:32 PM
i helped artest get into this exclusive club one time too, so him and i are pretty tight. we go clubbing every now and then, but he cramps on my style. a little too pushy with the girls. i usually take a few shots with him then ditch him.

Ramon Nivar
07-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Shawn Bradley once. Truth is, I've probably seen, met and played with a ton of NBA players but didn't know because I have no clue what they look like. Only reason I recognized Bradley is because you don't miss a 7'6" guy in a suit.

airforceones25
07-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Tayshaun Prince..

I wasn't paying attention texting and walked right into the dude at South Coast Plaza mall in OC.. I told him that was a blocking foul he was moving his feet and he laughed then we went our seperate ways.

KKell2507
07-28-2010, 09:50 PM
I actually pissed next to Andray Blatche in the bathroom last night at the Nats Braves game. Was my highlight of the night since Strasburg *****ed out and wasted my money.

I also have played tons of pickup games with Larry Sanders and Eric Maynor. Of course Im a VCU student and this was before they were both drafted and were still at VCU.

Bruno
07-28-2010, 09:52 PM
I've ran into Mark Jackson one two separate occasions in the west San Fernando Valley (LA Suburb).

1st- Saw him buy over $1,000 dollars worth of knock-off watches from my old boss.
2nd- At Dicks sporting goods right after the 2009 finals.

I also saw Derek Fisher at Dicks sporting goods but didn't talk to him.

wadecounty305
07-28-2010, 09:56 PM
i smoked pot with micheal beasley and mario chalmers at south beach once at 2 AM

WarriorNation
07-28-2010, 10:04 PM
I met Mikael Pietrus after a home game while he was with the warriors. He rolled up in his ride and was actually the only one who stopped to talk to the fans. More than a couple people said "you're my favorite player" and he was like, yea, sure that's what you said to all the other guys as they passed by.. (With his thick french accent) Haha! Really nice guy, took the time to take pictures with the crowd including myself.

Met Rudy Gay and Patrick O' Bryant at Tao in Vegas. They were with a couple hot females and Rudy was looking pretty sharp, no homo. On the other hand POB had on a pink shirt with suspenders on and looked a little squarish, lol.My friend and I shook hands with Rudy, talked to him for a couple minutes but paid no attention to Patrick O' Bryant. More than likely he thought we didn't know who he was. Haha

I saw JR Smith and Dahntay Jones at LAX, the club, not airport, in Vegas. I yelled out JR's name but he didn't hear or pay no attention to me. Then I yelled out "LAKERS", (at this point I only wanted to get his attention) and he quickly turned around like who the hell said that and looked at me, be honest I almost shat my pants. Dude tweets out gang signs on Twitter I don't wanna mess with him. Lol

Ray_R
07-28-2010, 10:08 PM

LOL My teacher told me that he like that in person.

Hellcrooner
07-28-2010, 10:14 PM
i forgot i also ran across Charlie Bell in the bakry shop once when he played for Breogan in spain.

sp1derm00
07-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Once in Vegas, I was reading a menu outside a restaurant when my friend taps my shoulder and goes, "Hey look, it's Greg Oden" and right when I look up, he's passing by me. Dude was HUGE and walking with a slight limp.

Another time, I went to watch Avatar at LA Live, and I see out of the corner of my eye, this huge guy at the ticket booth machine next to me, and I recognized him. Freaking Blake Griffin!!! He had no limp.

And being a huge Laker fan, when my girlfriend was at UCI for grad school, all her friends told me about how Kobe goes to their gym often. One of them even helped guide Kobe parking his Bentley into a tight parking spot.

I watch games nonstop during the season. I go to as many Laker games as I can. Seeing them in person, the really big dudes like Oden and Griffin really makes me appreciate the smaller players in the league. I mean CP3 is a 6 footer, just like me, and he schools these guys every time he steps on the court.

ntat
07-28-2010, 10:38 PM
My brother knocked out Matt Barnes last year at Al & Ed's Auto Sound on Lincoln Blvd. in Marina Del Rey, CA. Before Brian Cook was traded a few seasons back my little brother asked him how he's in the NBA and Cook's friends laughed at Cook. Lmao

I dont believe that for a second. Why would Matt Barnes waste his time and scrap with some ghetto nobody in an audio store?

metsfanssince05
07-28-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm not sure if this counts but earlier this morning (NHL) I had a dream that my idol bobby ryan walked into my house and told me to give me to give me give me your shoes or il blow your head off.. I woke up I almost jizzed my self because I love him so much (:.

2 weeks ago (baseball) during the all-star brake I was in in the Bahamas airport, and my brother pointed and it was Mariano Reveria, I walked over and shook his hand and had a 5 minute convo. He stayed in the Atlantis. Then in the air port coming home, he was on our plane, I was wondering why he was on this crappy plane, hes a friggen billionair..

When I was 11, my grandpa worked in MSG and during a Ranger game, I got to get autographs by almost every ranger and during the intermission I got to ride the zamboni. Same thing about the Knicks, I got there autographs by every one.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-28-2010, 10:50 PM
i wouldnt brag about meeting aaron carter, esp. If he was desperate enough to hang out with someone he doesnt know for a half hour

lmao!

donald6998
07-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Chris Wilcox at a Ruby Tuesday I worked at in Myrtle Beach. He had just bought a summer house and his real estate agent was actually there at the same time. The hostess sat him in a tiny booth but he didn't complain. He tipped really good, like 20 bucks on a 50 dollar check

Htownballa1622
07-28-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm calling BS !

Lol.i swear.i know its funny cuz hesfat but he would be jogging up and down hills near downtown houston at the bayou with a trainer named james.i figured he came here because he went to lsu. There was an nba tv show showing it too called nba fit.this is the year of his rookie year.

R.I.P.#34
07-28-2010, 11:06 PM
Bill Russel was at my brother's college graduation, (I think his son was graduating). I didn't try to talk to him though, because he was already in a conversation with several people.

DieHardColtsfan
07-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Ok let me see if I can remember the year.. I think it was approx 6 years ago. Right before Ron Artest was dealt to the Kings.

I was 16 years old working at a clothing store (Kamp) in Queens New York (steinway street). It's not a surprise to see Ron Artest in Queens, heck he still has a place in Queensbridge I believe. I know his brother still lives there. But, its not like he's spotted everyday. Anyways. I had a very cut and dry job at this retail store, stand around and help customers etc, but when there weren't any people in the store (small store) we would talk (co-workers). So I remember it was nearing the trade deadline and there was speculation that Isiah Thomas would want Ron Artest for the Knicks. I was literally telling my friend how I would love to bring him home and watch him play for the Knicks and he freaking walks into the store during the middle of the conversation. I was just talking about him and he walks in!! It was very freaky. I remember It was Channing Frye and Nate Robinson's rookie year, because I went up to him to help him and asked "so you headed to the Knicks?" He said "Tell your boy Isiah to call." One of the two body guards insinuated "Channing Frye alone aint gunna cut it." (In regards to his price). Im not star struck usually, I've helped rappers and a few other notable people in this same store, but it was just very freaky.

Atticus Finch
07-28-2010, 11:16 PM
I've met Derek Fisher, Kareem rush, devean George tons of times, Chris mihm, Doug Christie, and Corey maggette. I live half a mile from where the Lakers practice.

Agar81
07-28-2010, 11:20 PM
I met Kevin Ollie at Jim Calhoun's Basketball Camp. He shook my hand and I talked to him for a few seconds and he was a really nice guy.

I also forgot to say I talked with Jerome Dyson there also and walked by Ater Majok and he's wicked tall.

G-Bay New J
07-28-2010, 11:20 PM
i smoked pot with micheal beasley and mario chalmers at south beach once at 2 AM

I buy my pot from Michael Beasley.

rabueed
07-28-2010, 11:22 PM
Once in Vegas, I was reading a menu outside a restaurant when my friend taps my shoulder and goes, "Hey look, it's Greg Oden" and right when I look up, he's passing by me. Dude was HUGE and walking with a slight limp.

Another time, I went to watch Avatar at LA Live, and I see out of the corner of my eye, this huge guy at the ticket booth machine next to me, and I recognized him. Freaking Blake Griffin!!! He had no limp.

And being a huge Laker fan, when my girlfriend was at UCI for grad school, all her friends told me about how Kobe goes to their gym often. One of them even helped guide Kobe parking his Bentley into a tight parking spot.

I watch games nonstop during the season. I go to as many Laker games as I can. Seeing them in person, the really big dudes like Oden and Griffin really makes me appreciate the smaller players in the league. I mean CP3 is a 6 footer, just like me, and he schools these guys every time he steps on the court.

it wasn't a bentley, it was his lambourghini murcielago. I would know, because I was there. I was a student at UCI, I talked to him for a few minutes and whatnot. He says he goes to UCI gym in the mornings, like really early, about 6 AM or so generally (I was there at 10 AM) for about 3 times a week. He plays basketball in this court that's cut off specifically for him. Everyone goes to the second floor to look down at him while he's playing, it's pretty cool. One time when I wasn't there, I guess he took Ron Artest with him as well.

I've also known Paul George (drafted by Indiana in this year's draft) because he used to come to our liquor store when he was younger. He lives in the same town as me, I played ball with him at the park once or twice when he was younger. Guy's pretty cool, I took a pic with him recently when he came back from Indiana after he was drafted and before summer league for proof. I'll put it on here if anyone asks.

spreadeagle
07-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Ran into Doug Christie once then his wife told me to step off:(

dhalvarez
07-28-2010, 11:27 PM
I saw a few ex raptors, including Vince Carter at the club he owned in Toronto.

Damon Stoudamire and Marcus Camby at a tatoo parlour my friend owns.

I sold a pair of prada shoes to Kevin Willis.

Morris Peterson, was easy to spot once in a while in Yorkville.

I even saw Chauncey Billups at Union Station, back when he was a Raptor.

Always wanted to bump into Matt Bonner on the Toronto Transit. one day maybe.

krest213
07-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Penny Hardaway
use to see him at LA fitness down in coral springs FL
I remember once he cross me over so bad, but i manage to recover and swat his lay-ups
and i turn and look at him and said Get some hops ol man lol.

FreeMik3Vick7
07-28-2010, 11:31 PM
I was at a Milwaukee Brewers game on easter of last year against the cubs and i literally ran into Marcin Gortat of the Orlando Magic in the brewers pro shop. They were in town to play the bucks the next night. I don't know how i didnt see him he's like 7 feet tall lol

toronto_JazzFan
07-28-2010, 11:31 PM
In toronto we see hakeem olajuwan all the timeat the mosque, and you guys will probably not believe me but hakeem olajuwan came to my house cuz him and my uncle know each other personally he bought my uncle his car lmao but yea honestly we ate dinner together and he stayed at our place for like 3-4 hours. ive also met mamadou n'dayie again he knows my uncle personally and i also went to pape sows condo and had dinner with him cuz like the other 2 he knows my uncle personally he had a blonde gf i remember. i have also met vince carter, i was like 12-13 that time maybe even less lol i dont remember but hes just like watsup kid and shook my hand this was right after a raptors win he was injured tho at the time

dhalvarez
07-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Saw Stephane Marbury at a club in Toronto.

A member of his entourage tried hitting on my ex-girlfriend. She didn't know who Marbury was, but thought they were all a bunch of losers.

G-Bay New J
07-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Penny Hardaway
use to see him at LA fitness down in coral springs FL
I remember once he cross me over so bad, but i manage to recover and swat his lay-ups
and i turn and look at him and said Get some hops ol man lol.

Lieeeee

MrfadeawayJB
07-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Trenton Hassell from the Nets lives like 5 minutes away from me in a middle class neighborhood...We see him at target and stuff all the time... Also i once saw Ryan Gomes from the T-wolves in town for an aau tournament that his team was in...the team was the connecticut select and they played team melo in the champ. but unforutunatley melo wasnt here :(

The Mecca
07-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Bumped into Rip Hamilton outside Central Park in NYC, didn't realize it was him till I looked back to see he was getting on the team bus leaving their hotel.

oballerc75
07-28-2010, 11:40 PM
i was hoopin at a park in south sac earlier this summer, and there some kids birthday party going on, and out of nower, bobby jackson comes with his whole family, he shot around for a minute... missed like 15 straight shots and was like "man, its cause we playing in da streets, if we were on a hardwood court i wouldnt miss"

MU and UW Fan
07-28-2010, 11:50 PM
Brandon Jennings at local gyro place at like 3 am.
Wes Matthews quite a few times down at MU
Andrew Bogut. He used to live a block away from my parents house.
Mo Williams. My dads co worker used to be neighbors with him.

NYYCowboys
07-28-2010, 11:55 PM
I met Charlie Villanueva at a Yankees game once. Met Ron Artest on the St. John's campus. And I saw Danilo Gallinari in Penn Station once. Also I visited my friend at Georgetown a few years back and we were walking home from the bar, and saw Patrick Ewing Jr. walking home with some hoodrat under his arm, and my friend yells out "Hey Pat your dad sweats a lot."

DKGiants
07-29-2010, 12:02 AM
met john starks at "meet john starks night"
wilson chandler in penn station, right below the garden, when i was going to work.
Antonio Davis had a baby mama around the block from me when i was a kid.

John Starks worked a camp in NY and my older bro's were part of the staff. could've been a good time theres pics at the college where they did it. i would've killed him about GAME 7 1994 NBA FINALS!! oh man i would've ripped him a new one and made sure he left at lunchtime w/out telling anyone. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

PTB_Fan_In_LV
07-29-2010, 12:03 AM
A couple years ago 2008 when the Cavs lost to the Celtics. I ran into Lebron at the Wynn Hotel and Casino the night after they lost. Dude is huge football huge. Walking with his body guard. Also when they had the all-star game here in Vegas I ran into Mutumbo (giant) with this sexy little thing at the mirage. And also Lamar Odom chilling inside the casino outside one of the smaller clubs/bar chatting with some people.

mully
07-29-2010, 12:04 AM
10 years ago played craps at Mandaly Bay with some Celtic scrubs there was 3 or 4 of them. I actually think Blount was there.

Scarface-Bulls
07-29-2010, 12:05 AM
7 years ago I ran into John Salley, former Piston and Bull downtown chicago at a restaurant.

PTB_Fan_In_LV
07-29-2010, 12:05 AM
Oh and my high school coach was Craig Ehlo. We all know what he is famous for. haha Great guy though.

Raph12
07-29-2010, 12:07 AM
When I was in Miami, my boy got a pic with Beasley at some restaurant, although what I was doing was much more fun lol.

G-Bay New J
07-29-2010, 12:10 AM
When I was in Miami, my boy got a pic with Beasley at some restaurant, although what I was doing was much more fun lol.

Do you get your pot from Beasley too?

THE_LOGO
07-29-2010, 12:11 AM
When Shaq was traded to LA, he was dating a stripper acquaintance of mine. He used to give her $1000 when he sees her and he calls it "mall money." Me and a bunch of friends told her to tell him that we were gonna see the Lakers in Hawaii for pre-season. He relayed to his girl for us to call him Enrico Gates at the game. That's also the name he uses when he calls their pad and my other stipper friend answers the phone. During warmups, we all stood behind the basket yelling Enrico Gates and he threw us a basketball. Then someone that worked for the school grabbed the ball back from us and said it was school property. We were sitting pretty high up and he sent a couple of courtside seats for my other stripper friend and her boyfriend.

When Malone and Payton signed with the Lakers, we still had somewhat bad blood with the Kings. We were eating at ESPNzone and Mike Bibby walks in with his family and sat next to our table. My drunk friend started chanting Lakers Lakers but he didn't respond. Of course my drunk friend kept at with with GP GP. Bibby finally got up and walked up to my friend and was gonna start some ****. My other friend got up who's played college ball and is a little taller and more muscular than Bibby and got in between them. Bibby sat down but then his two fat brothers wanted to start something. That's when all the waiters and managers came out of nowhere and got between us. Of course, it was us they kicked out. Well, we were done eating too. My thing was sure it was wrong for my friend to heckle him while he's with family but if you're from the Kings, and everyone in LA hates you, why go to a sports restaurant where you'll get recognized and not even get a private room or something. You know you're gonna get heckled by Laker fans.

I saw Xavier McDaniel years back at Topanga Mall while we were in line for the movies. He was with some ugly, tall, no shape Asian chick. I thought NBA players could do better.

After Mitch Richmond got his ring with the Lakers, I was having lunch at California Chicken Cafe and he sat across from me. I told him thanks for getting us another ring and he just smiled.

STL/Mizzou/DZ
07-29-2010, 12:15 AM
my friends little brother won a Gatorade thing under the cap and we played basket ball with Vince Carter. He got to pick any player and it was about 7 years ago.

nanablvd
07-29-2010, 12:16 AM
yao ming in his rookie year! He was dining at a Chinese restaurant in Oakland Chinatown the day before he played his first game there against the Golden State Warriors.

KobeOwnSU
07-29-2010, 12:18 AM
I met Mark Madsen at a Mormon church i used to go to. It was right after he got drafted by the Lakers. I was like 10.

bmcpx1034
07-29-2010, 12:21 AM
Does Chris Jent count?

Storch
07-29-2010, 12:27 AM
I sat next to Lamar Odom and Khloe Kardashian at Cici's restaurant for breakfast a few months ago.

COBY KARL
07-29-2010, 12:27 AM
No joke but i went to Zuma beach (near malibu) early with my friends at around 6 or 7 am and we saw Kobe running on the shore. We all yelled out his name and he just waved but kept running

sunnydayin'zona
07-29-2010, 12:31 AM
when the all star game was in arizona 2 years ago, i was sitting in this starbucks at the bottom of the hotel in downtown phoenix where most of the stars stayed(i know this because they cut off traffic on this one block for security reasons, a cop told me so) all day the day before the game, when they had some of the other events.
dwight howard was standing in the lobby of the hotel for about half an hour. dwayne wade walked by me a few times, and stopped in the starbucks at one point with 3 others i didnt recognize, he had a pink shirt.

DraKo
07-29-2010, 12:39 AM
I saw Brooke Lopez at the Nike store in Vegas.... Didn't get a chance to talk to him though... The dude was huge!

dewikwoseisbeta
07-29-2010, 12:43 AM
When I lived in Miami and used to chill by the fountainbleu I used to meet them all the time there. I even met Randolph Morris....he was so excited when I asked for a picture lol

edit: oh I forgot to mention when I was in Miami I snuck into the Espn next magazine party on superbowl weekend(not kidding)...Rodman was walking with Brooke Hogan(really random), and I just gave him a hand shake quickly....then 10 minutes later I got my friends and we started chanting his name right in front of him....he smiled and actually seemed like a really cool guy..nice too

midwestmadman
07-29-2010, 12:49 AM
When I lived in Chicago the nightclub I worked at hosted a Blade 2 premier party and I was a VIP host for two of the private rooms, one is whewre the actors from the movie were hangin out ( Wesly Snipes was a total a-hole). The other had a bunch of the BUlls players in it. Jalen Rose was the coolest one and me being from Ann Arbor we had a lot to talk about. I comped him and a few other players (Eddy Curry, at the time a rookie yet still at the club and drinking at age 18, Travis Best, and I think it was Brad Miller). The same night Dr. J was also in attendance and I shook his hand but he didn;t hang out too long. I also meet Jerry Stackhouse at about 4AM at a popular breakfast place in Goldcoast area (Chicago). In Detroit I met several of the Pistons during a night out in Pontiac. I was actually in a men's room at a club called Seven in Pontiac and as I was peeing a huge shadow cast over me I look over and it was Tayshaun Prince then a rookie. After I washed my hands I shook his hand and told him he should be starting, he laughed and said thanks I'll tell coach you said so. That was the year he shut down T-Mac in the first round of the playoffs.

McPeak92
07-29-2010, 12:52 AM
I met Aaron McKie with my Dad when I was 10, very nice guy.

PrettyBoyJ
07-29-2010, 12:54 AM
this wasnt in public but I ise to work in yankee stadium and I had a convo with derek jeter.. and he also offered me a sandwich

dewikwoseisbeta
07-29-2010, 12:56 AM

Every time I was in south beach at 2am that always seemed to happen to me :p

dewikwoseisbeta
07-29-2010, 12:58 AM

I met John Salley when I was vacationing in LA a few years ago.....at Ralphs lol......Only LA people know what Ralphs is haha

PrettyBoyJ
07-29-2010, 12:59 AM
also.. not a star yet but I played against Lance Stephenson in HS

GunFactor187
07-29-2010, 01:00 AM
Jason Maxiell at the Woodward Dream Cruise here in metro Detroit.

krest213
07-29-2010, 01:02 AM
Lieeeee

I don't gain nothing from it.
why would i lie for. you young soulja boy

SMH!
07-29-2010, 01:04 AM
Met Iverson at the mall with my friends, really nice, joked with us and we got autographs. I've seen Caron Butler at this AAU thingy, got pictures with him, and while i was there, we sat right next to deshawn stevenson.

Lake_Show2416
07-29-2010, 01:05 AM
i saw JaMareo Davidson in Hot Topic at the mall, didnt care to say hi or anything since who cares............

uknowmyname
07-29-2010, 01:13 AM
I ran into:
Grant Hill at a golf outing
Talked to Chuck Daly and didn't even realize it was him until somebody told me
Saw Flip Murray at a gas station by my house
Shook hands with Jerome Williams
Saw Jason Richardson at the airport last month
Asked Jason Maxiell for his autograph at a bar/restaurant but was so drunk i didnt have a pen.
Saw Bill Laimbeer at a bar/restaurant
Saw George Blaha at the grocery store

Yeah I live in Detroit!

dewikwoseisbeta
07-29-2010, 01:13 AM

Go to Miami and just walk into the fountainbleu(hotel) on a saturday night. When I used to live there I'd just walk into the place cuz it was so close to my house. I'd just sit down with my friends and look around for 6'8 black guys lol. We met a lot of random players lol. Now that its summer I imagine the place is even more packed with stars, cuz thats the hotel 2 go 2.

Cullksinikers
07-29-2010, 01:18 AM
I was in the Bahamas over spring break this year. I was staying at the Atlantis in Paradise Island, Bahamas. I was walking the beach and I looked to my left and saw a large, recognizable figure in a private cabana. I kept walking and tried to think of who it was. The large man was Magic Johnson. He was with his family, so I didn't bother him. Later on, he was talking to a bunch of people, so I came out with a couple pieces of paper for him to sign. The other people and I talked to him and he told us all the he'd come back in "1 and a half to 2 hours" and that he'd "Do pictures and autographs". So, I came back an hour and 45 minutes later (right between when he said he'd be back around) and there was no Magic. I was going to get a picture and an autograph or two like he promised. It's a shame that since he was two feet away, he couldn't of wrote his name twice for me and snapped only one picture. He lied to me. I came back and walked the beach where he was looking for him the next day and he wasn't there. That night, I was at a bar watching Michigan State (who I hate) in the Final Four against Butler and guess who was in the front row? Magic Johnson. I said "**** my life." Hey, I guess I'm not the only one who he's been dishonest to.

xbrackattackx
07-29-2010, 01:18 AM
i ran into jameer at ikea, pretty normal and down to earth dude, seen otis at the apple store(mall millenia) i talk to vince carter's high school coach quite a bit, used to serve shaq's mom at a japenese restaruant i used to work at, my girl taught van gundy's kids at a middle school here

Delonte?

PTB_Fan_In_LV
07-29-2010, 01:27 AM
also.. not a star yet but I played against Lance Stephenson in HS

I played High School Ball against X2 NBA Champion Adam Morrison! LOL
:laugh:

Purple&Gold24
07-29-2010, 01:29 AM
I was on Vacation with my family in Orlando spending time in DisneyWorld (hollywood studios) saw some tall guy walking next to me, looked and it was Juwan Howard. He was with his family at the time so i didnt wanna bother him.

The other one was Lamarcus Aldridge at Game 1 of the 2009 Western Conference Finals Lakers vs Nuggets, the game just ended and i was walking out of the section i was in in to the hall kinda place and i saw lamarcus and its funny i see all these laker fans trying to remember his name or not even knowing his name...so that they can call him...so im like "LAMARCUS!" he turns around im like can i get a picture with you man? hes like yeah hurry up real quick. Pretty cool.

JLynn943
07-29-2010, 01:30 AM
I met Darryl Dawkins once. He does a lot of stuff in the community in my area

xbrackattackx
07-29-2010, 01:32 AM
I meant M. Bogues dude is tiny and super nice.

erik317
07-29-2010, 01:34 AM
I have ran into players 4 times.

Danny Granger- I live in Indiana and I was on my way back from Arizona. We had to make a stop in New Mexico on the plane. Some people got off but I had to stay on. Next thing I know Danny Granger walks on the plane. I tell him hes my fav player and he sits next to me. Talked to him the whole time and got his autograph. Very nice guy.

Dahntay Jones- Like I said I live in Indiana and i was downtown Indianapolis shopping. I was walking by Conseco Fieldhouse and Dahntay Jones goes flying by me driving a golf cart. He stops and says he was sorry, he was late for an autograph session at the bank down the road. I got his autograph..Also nice guy.

Reggie Bush- A few years ago when Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, The Saints came to Indiana to practice at the Colts practice facility. There was mass construction on the interstates. I drove to the gas station and pulled to the pump that was next to a big *** bus. Reggie Bush came out of it and asked me for directions to the practice facility. He wouldnt sign anything.

Jason Heyward- I went to the Braves and White Sox game in Chicago last June and after the game I went to this pizza place to eat. He walks in and sits a couple of tables away. I asked him if it was him and he whispered yes. I got him to sign my jersey and a baseball. Nice and classy kid.
Ok Im done now. lol sorry for the long post.

Gideon
07-29-2010, 01:36 AM
I was at my friends club in Brooklyn n saw a Rolls Royce in front at like 2-3 in the morn n who steps out, but Jerome James when he was on the Knicks. Felt like telling him he sucks and to go home he had a game the next day, but dude was pretty huge. Man I hate that guy!

AIsixersFK
07-29-2010, 01:36 AM
I met Wesley Johnson and Andy Rautins in a bar in syracuse. It was right after they lost in the NCAA tourney. Everyone was scared to talk to them but I was pretty hammered so I didn't care but Wes was really cool. Don't remember what was said unfortunately.

kurtismurray
07-29-2010, 01:40 AM
Mehmet Okur is a member at my country club, I see him all the time. Kyle Korver used to be as well.

twissst89
07-29-2010, 01:42 AM
Kenyon Martin, A.I., Haslem, Earl Barron, and Daequan Cook on south beach.

Halcyon
07-29-2010, 01:52 AM
Ran into Reggie Miller in Moline, Il when he was playing an exhibition game at my local arena one year. Never been a huge Pacer fan but Reggie was one of my favorites.

FortyDubs
07-29-2010, 01:56 AM
Almost 10 years ago my step mom served Shaq at a restaurant in Sacramento. She got him to autograph a rookie card for me and tipped her $250.

Penetra8r
07-29-2010, 01:58 AM
Luke Walton lives two houses down from my lawyer friend. I used to see him all the time, hes pretty cool.

Michael Jordan was golfing near Cachuma Lake, saw him but he was a dick.

Wilt Chamberlain, saw him w/ my father many years ago sitting at a table waiting for his delayed plane flight in Hawaii. I remember staring under the table, my dad said look at his legs under the table, that dude was a tower. My dad asked him for an autograph for me, he said he wont give me an autograph but will give him one. That guy was pretty cool.

ChiSox219
07-29-2010, 02:03 AM
Most recently, Lindsey Hunter and Joakim Noah.

Don P.Belasario
07-29-2010, 02:03 AM
Met Barkley two weeks ago at the Gretzky Classic lunch buffet... no shitin... that dude is one solid cat!

chisoxfan620
07-29-2010, 02:21 AM
Bill Wennington at a mcdonald's back in the day, Luol Deng in a mall about 4 years ago, Derrick Rose at my local rec center. didn't get to speak with Luol or Derrick but Bill Wennington is cool as hell. I also see Stacy King a lot b/c he lives in my hood.

Cano24
07-29-2010, 02:30 AM
my high school football team was stretching and warming up for a state qualifier game at Ralph wilson stadium back in 04 and the whole Bills offense came in for a practice didnt get to meet any of them becuase the kicked us out but for the few minutes we were in there it was crazy to see all of these people that you look at as larger than life when you are 16 years old standing only 30 feet away

NJBASEBALL22
07-29-2010, 02:39 AM
Jason Kidd in six flags (nj)
Jason Varitek in ESPN club down in Disney

Varitek is a super nice guy.

NJBASEBALL22
07-29-2010, 02:40 AM
I played High School Ball against X2 NBA Champion Adam Morrison! LOL
:laugh:

I played against JR Smith in HS. Guy was unreal.

Wiz kids
07-29-2010, 02:42 AM
I ran into Ernie Grunfeld once, but he had two bodyguards so I couldn't heckle him

knicksfan23
07-29-2010, 02:50 AM
my uncle said he saw lebron wade and bosh at a gay strip club

Cano24
07-29-2010, 02:51 AM
my uncle said he saw lebron wade and bosh at a gay strip club

that is cheating thats like saying you saw peyton manning at a colts game

Mr.Nate30
07-29-2010, 04:24 AM
when i was on vaction last year we went to the grand canyon on some tour and afterwards we stopped in some indian trade resveration as we pulled up a big RV pulled up and it was tayshaun prince and his wife woth their little shitzu i walked up to him and got some pics

_KB24_
07-29-2010, 04:43 AM
Gilbert Arenas's godmodther works with my uncle, so I got 2-3 times at the company's party's where he was a guest. Met Kareem Rush and Maggete at Fox Hills Mall. Seen Mark Madsen at universal studios. Seen John Salley at Home Depot. Josh Powell at In-n-Out. Shaq in Vegas and in Santa Monica. Baron Davis on a playground in Culver City. The guy was playing pick up ball with us. Nicest guy ever.

junion
07-29-2010, 04:51 AM
las vegas 2 years ago around this time. 1am at the caesars palace forum shops/caesar's palace.

saw lebron - i was tryingt o take a picture of him, but he told me to get out of his way - then he started knocking on the glass door of the closed shop and got mad when they didn't open the doors. then he told some kids to follow him to the valet, and then he got into his phantom and told the kids that it's badass. he was a jerk that night

same night, saw tyson chandler - he was with a couple of guys and girls and they were coming out of a restaurant that was long closed, but they stayed open for them. seemed like a happy guy.

same night, saw derek fisher and his wife going into PURE. he wasn't really talking to anyone, just going straight into PURE.

same night, saw dwight howard, and that dude's huge, but very nice and smiling all the time.

this year:
at caesar's palace saw lamar odom with khloe and rob kardashian - lamar was cool and was willing to take pictures with some people.

saw josh smith at the bellagio

lebron at Lavo then the next day at Tao.

then saw lebron, wade, and chris paul at caesar's palace... then saw steph curry - he looks young, but he's a lot taller than i thought.

when the summer league is finishing or the usa team practices in UNLV, it's a good idea to go to caesar's palace, and you's almost guaranteed to see a player. they're tall and black - there's no way you can miss them. also, black nba players like caesar's palace for some reason.

Iron24th
07-29-2010, 08:37 AM
I saw Tony Parker,he talked to one of my friends who knows him,then I saw Johan Petro in a night club in Paris,finally I saw Pietrus,Diaw,Turiaf all in a international game in France.

BK-TY
07-29-2010, 09:16 AM
Ron Artest at a party in Queens in '05... John Starks at a Knick game in '08... Rik Smits at a motorsports convention in '06... Okafor at a hotel party in Charlotte in '07... Kevin Willis walking down 8th Ave nr 37th in '91... Sam Perkins at the Saratoga Jazz Fest in '87... Vinnie Johnson at a funeral in BK in '86 or '87 (not certain)... Devean George at Mandalay Bay in '08... Eric Snow at a convention in Long Beach this year and AI at a few parties over the last 12 years in VA and DC.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
07-29-2010, 09:23 AM
i met Donny Marshall a few weeks ago, real nice guy. told him to tell Mike Goman and Tommy Heinsohn i said 'what up' since he commentates C's games with em lol

...and theres always Walter Ray Allen sightings in the town i live in. My Aunt bumped into him at Stop & Shop... got my uncle an autograph. his mother in law lives in the area

srfr4life
07-29-2010, 09:42 AM
My first job at 16 was at a record store in Orlando. Shaq showed up a half hour before we opened on a Saturday when ticketmaster tickets went on sale for a upcoming show. He immediately drew a crowd, so we let him in early. I was the one chosen to help him find all of his music needs. He was huge with that deep voice and super cool.

Later I heard he came another day and someone pissed him off. So he pissed on the side of the building in his frustration. I don't think he came back again.

terp12354
07-29-2010, 09:44 AM
A few years back when he was on the Suns, I LITERALLY ran into Shaq. Turned the corner in a lobby of a hotel I was staying at in Portland and bam ran right into him. I'm not small dude (6'4" 200+) but he was HUGE. It was cool though casue we talked for a bit and tooks some pictures. We hung out at the lobby bar for a bit and saw almost the entire team, including Nash, which was cool. Talked to him for a bit and got a picture and an autograph.

Also when he was on the Wizards Jerry Stackhouse was our next door neibor and he actually walked in juvenile diabetes walk with us. Gilbert Arenas lives down the street now so we see him every once in awhile.

DocJayzSpikx
07-29-2010, 09:47 AM
I used to work security for this luxury condo where Bosh stayed, and after he left, Kevin Gregg of the Bluejays now rents a suite there

R. Johnson#3
07-29-2010, 09:51 AM
My Dad and I ran into Kevin Willis and Charles Oakley when I was a litte kid. Kevin Willis was a really nice guy while Oak was fairly quiet but not rude. They both signed my Raps hat.

pistonsfanomg
07-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Chauncey Billups
Ben Wallace
and Amir Johnson at School.

I actually walked with Amir Johnson in school lol it was count day

Btw I'm from Detroit

draino
07-29-2010, 10:02 AM
I live a few doors down from Mark Eaton.....comes in my work like once a week...

My pops fixed Thurl baileys vette in the late 80's...barley remember that though cuz i was so little

I met karl malone once at a crossraods of the west gun show pics and all he is awesome super down to earth and knows his stuff abut hunting and firearms

people ive seen up close at sundance or in vegas...Rihanna..joan jet...ice cube..josh hartnet..lennox lewis...jerry(turtle) ferrara....MJ (23)...robert redford...kristin stewart..quite few more actually...this place is absolutely crawling with celebs during sundance....the'll just be at a club like the star bar or harryo's ( sectioned off mostly ) but these are all small type clubs so their right next to you so its kinda cool

uws
07-29-2010, 10:06 AM
as a season ticket holder i have had dinner with 1-2 knicks players every year: chandler, crawford, nate, starks, lee. Always a great experience and something you get offered if you have a great ticket sales person, have had tickets for many years, and constantly tell them "this is my last year."

ray allen is the son inlaw of my real estate agent/good family friend, so i once saw him at their fourth of july party

I saw larry bird and reggie miller at dinner in indiana

Met michael jordan during the 1998 playoff series vs. indy at a ruth chris steakhouse in indy where he laughed at me when i said i was a knicks fan and then said sorry (sarcastically)

all really really nice guys and generally willing to talk to anyone who engages them. I'd love to say reggie miller was the biggest dick ever, but infact thats not true, he told me it was always a pleasure playing the knicks who were a great team and he loved competing against us.... dammit

uws
07-29-2010, 10:07 AM
oh and i saw anthony mason at a block party in harlem! he was wearing an anthony mason jersy. hahaha funniest thing ever

minervamob
07-29-2010, 10:08 AM
I was in an elevator with mark jackson when I was a foot messenger. I saw Jason Williams(the murderee) outside the old Yankee Stadium. I saw Chris Duhon outside the new Yankee stadium. I saw Rip Hamilton on south beach the year Pistons won the chip. I saw Manute Bol outside the Izod center when I went to see My Bulls in jersey. I saw Bill Wennington and Stacey King outside Madison Square Garden after a Bulls/knicks game. I saw Eric Williams on Collins ave in Miami. I sat in front of Jeff Van Gundy at the old Yankee Stadium when he coached the knicks, he spoke with me and my friends for a while. Me and my buddy saw Stephen Jackson in Harlem after his rookie season, that had to be the most random one. I think thats it, for now...

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
07-29-2010, 10:09 AM
Larry hughes (when he was still 'good') ... during a school weekend trip to Cleveland

netsgiantsyanks
07-29-2010, 10:15 AM
Go to Miami and just walk into the fountainbleu(hotel) on a saturday night. When I used to live there I'd just walk into the place cuz it was so close to my house. I'd just sit down with my friends and look around for 6'8 black guys lol. We met a lot of random players lol. Now that its summer I imagine the place is even more packed with stars, cuz thats the hotel 2 go 2.

i'll tell my mom to do it lol. shes going to miami tomorrow. im not.:(:(

pistonsfanomg
07-29-2010, 10:17 AM
I live a few doors down from Mark Eaton.....comes in my work like once a week...

My pops fixed Thurl baileys vette in the late 80's...barley remember that though cuz i was so little

I met karl malone once at a crossraods of the west gun show pics and all he is awesome super down to earth and knows his stuff abut hunting and firearms

people ive seen up close at sundance or in vegas...Rihanna..joan jet...ice cube..josh hartnet..lennox lewis...jerry(turtle) ferrara....MJ (23)...robert redford...kristin stewart..quite few more actually...this place is absolutely crawling with celebs during sundance....the'll just be at a club like the star bar or harryo's ( sectioned off mostly ) but these are all small type clubs so their right next to you so its kinda cool
Which Lions and Tigers u like?

College or Detroit? :D

uws
07-29-2010, 10:19 AM
just go to prime 112 in miami. first of all great restaurant, the only place I eat in MIA. There are bball and football players there every night

i saw shaq there twice when he played on the heat. Also plaxico burress sat next to me there 2 weeks after winning the superbowl

however we know miami is dead in the summer because its just hot and terrible, but fall-spring its awesome there

Patsfreak1776
07-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Ran into Rasheed Wallace at a restaurant during last season. Cool guy.
Talked to Larry Bird on a train back in 87...highlight of my life there.
Daniel "Boobie" Gibson came into my work the day after Cleveland beat the C's in Game 3 this year and acted like he was king of the universe....*******.

yanks19791024
07-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Ive meet Charlie Villanueva when he was in college and played ball Jay Williams while he was in high school and he was smoking mad blunts with us

Laker Legend42
07-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Emeka Okafor at the mall. Talked with him for like 20 seconds while he was in line at the ATM.

Did you sneak a peak at his balance???:D

nolafan33
07-29-2010, 10:30 AM
I've met Karl Malone, PJ Brown, and former NFL tackle Willie Roaf at LA Tech.

alencp3
07-29-2010, 10:30 AM
I got autograph from Ersan Ilyasova while I was in Turkey last year.

AIsixersFK
07-29-2010, 10:32 AM
I saw Ron Artest working at Best Buy. He's still trying to get that discount.

Real talk I played football with Samuel Dalembert at a cookout. He picked me first for teams. However I never saw the ball because our qb just threw floaters to dalembert the entire time while he's being guarded by 4'10 children.

mamba24
07-29-2010, 10:35 AM
Mike Penberthy (sat the bench for the Lakers in 2000-2001) was my shooting coach in high school.

Drunk Kosar 19
07-29-2010, 10:38 AM
meet okafor in panera...he was nice

draino
07-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Which Lions and Tigers u like?

College or Detroit? :D

Detroit son...

All time = barry of course...luther ellis...Wayne fontes...Herman Moore...Chris spielman

Current= delmas...stafford...suh ( when he signs )...C. Johnson...King

Tigers=Verlander...cabrera...sizemore...Damon

:clap:

julienbball
07-29-2010, 10:42 AM
I saw (from my hotel room...might not count ) Pau Gasol get out of his Ferrari in Barcelona
Met Darryl «Chocolate Thunder» Dawkins in montreal, he was the coach of the ABA team that faced the montreal matrix...

twoearl
07-29-2010, 10:42 AM
When Allen Iverson was playing for Detroit I saw him at least two times at TGIF Fridays in a Detriot Suburb. He had random groupies just walking back and forth to/from his table.

Rip Hamilton walked into a Bar I was at during the NFL Playoffs. He was with some other dudes and just took a seat at a table and chilled out like a regular guy.

pistonsfanomg
07-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Detroit son...

All time = barry of course...luther ellis...Wayne fontes...Herman Moore...Chris spielman

Current= delmas...stafford...suh ( when he signs )...C. Johnson...King

Tigers=Verlander...cabrera...sizemore...Damon

:clap:

hehe :clap:

Kingdre619
07-29-2010, 10:55 AM
Ever done it? I mean outside of the stadium and outside of any events/charities that are organized by the team or player. Aka you're walking down the street and bam there's Tracy McGrady, etc.

Most peoples stories will prob be less obscure stars, since the bigger name guys probably only roll in big crews, but thought this would be an interesting thread. So if you've ever ran into one at the store, a restaurant, a bar/club, anything, let's hear it. I guess we'll hear your friends story too if you were unlucky.

My story: I live in Milwaukee. It was a Friday night the night Brandon Jennings dropped 55 against Golden State. There was a party going on at my house that night and everyone was excited about the new kid Jennings since we had just watched the game on tv. It was a few hours after the game that some of us decided to get some food at a local Gyro place that was about 4-5 blocks down the street. Lowandbehold, Brandon Jennings walks in to get some late night food. My friend asked him if he was Brandon Jennings, and BJ couldn't help but grin a little bit while saying "No man I just look like him". Pretty soon everyone in the place realized Brandon Jennings was there and everyone gave him a huge round of applause as he waited for his order to get done. He was just smiling the whole time, you could tell he was excited but was still pretty humble about the whole thing.

Craig Cashoun (the Bucks TV play-by-play announcer) did an interview with Jennings shortly after that night and actually brought up how Jennings had gone to get a bite to eat later that night and had gotten a round of applause from the whole restaurant. Was pretty excited to be a part of that!!!

i met carmelo anthony's aunt in a mall in brooklyn, in 2005

and i met jackie robinson's wife in one of those press boxes about 6 years ago

xbrackattackx
07-29-2010, 10:56 AM
I was in this Bar, And Bogues walked in to the bar.

I said are you ok? He said it snuck up on me. he was a little tipsy. but he was amazingly funny and bought me a drink. He drink pretty well for a little guy. We talked about Hornets leaving Nc and the Bobcats dude was solid. And I ask him if he could ever Dunk and he said at Practice and In one game back in the early 90's.

Double_R
07-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Partied with Dennis Rodman at Scarlet's VIP in Hallandale, FL... My friend and I were chillin with these girls in VIP at Scarlets's and there's like a 10x8 rooms but there is no wall just a big white curtain and inside there's leather couches on all 3 wall with a pair of little tables in the middle, they fit about 10 or12 people and then there's some like those but smaller that fit about 6... anyways Dennis showed up around 3 or 4am(they close at 8am) and since there was only four of us plus whatever girls we had in there at the time, they asked us if we wouldn't mind moving to the empty, smaller one next to us, so we obliged. then Dennis and his crew showed up and after they got set up, he invited us back for a drink in appreciation for moving(we would've had to move anyway) to accommodate his crew. He was pretty cool to us, we drank and talked for about 20-30 minutes then went on our way... Now everytime we go there, my buddy always says "should we call Denn" ha

Also met DH, steve Franchise, Pat Garrity, and Grant Hill(who was a dick) at Carrabbas in Jacksonville Beach during the summer, got them to auto a ball and talked to them in the parking lot, mainly Franchise for about 5 min.. they were driving a mini van with Garrity driving...pretty funny

xbrackattackx
07-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Partied with Dennis Rodman at Scarlet's VIP in Hallandale, FL... My friend and I were chillin with these girls in VIP at Scarlets's and there's like a 10x8 rooms but there is no wall just a big white curtain and inside there's leather couches on all 3 wall with a pair of little tables in the middle, they fit about 10 or12 people and then there's some like those but smaller that fit about 6... anyways Dennis showed up around 3 or 4am(they close at 8am) and since there was only four of us plus whatever girls we had in there at the time, they asked us if we wouldn't mind moving to the empty, smaller one next to us, so we obliged. then Dennis and his crew showed up and after they got set up, he invited us back for a drink in appreciation for moving(we would've had to move anyway) to accommodate his crew. He was pretty cool to us, we drank and talked for about 20-30 minutes then went on our way... Now everytime we go there, my buddy always says "should we call Denn" ha

Also met DH, steve Franchise, Pat Garrity, and Grant Hill(who was a dick) at Carrabbas in Jacksonville Beach during the summer, got them to auto a ball and talked to them in the parking lot, mainly Franchise for about 5 min.. they were driving a mini van with Garrity driving...pretty funny

:speechless: I thought he would have been super nice that sucks!

USAF_AMMO
07-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Met Antoine Walker at a movie theatre in the Chicago Burbs just after he was drafted. He was already talking about getting beyond his rookie contract so that he could get paid.

jmoney23
07-29-2010, 12:49 PM
My dad was in the same elevator as Iverson and his homies the same night of the draft that Iverson went in. They were all smoking up and my dad just said congrats as he walked off the elevator.

I was crossing the street in Toronto and Charlie V was in the car at the light where I was crossing. I just nodded at him and he just nodded back.

I used to see Lindsay Hunter driving around my hometown when he played for the Raptors. He had a purple and yellow hummer (I guess from his Laker days).

Melo15
07-29-2010, 12:56 PM
I work at a sports store in Canton, Ohio and have talked with Raymar Morgan a few times. Great guy hopefully he has some success with the Wizards. Also, I have seen LeBron at parties in Akron and as you can imagine he's a dick. Never really talked to him just "witnessed" some interesting things he did.

mikantsass
07-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Ive never met him, but Ive seen Paul Pierce around Boston a few times back before he got stabbed. I remember one of the times I was leaving a prom at the Mariott Longwharf and he was right in front of the enterance getting into a limo.

EDIT: I also saw Shawn Marion at the ASU vs Cal football game a few years ago

leftymo
07-29-2010, 01:16 PM
hmm, let me see if i can recall all of them...

Donyell Marshall - Strip club in vegas
Mitch Richmond - twice. Gettin in a cab in Miami, restaurant in Century City Mall
Samaki Walker - bathroom in Cameo Night Club, Miami
Richard Jefferson - some bar in NYC
Byron Scott, Kurt Rambis - basketball camp when i was 13.
AC Green - lakers 3 on 3 tourney last year
James Worthy - Del Amo Mall
Kobe Bryant - three times. When he was 19 at 3rd street promenade, at 2am in boston after leaving a club, with rest of team (see below)
Entire 2007-2008 Lakers team after getting beat in Boston, i happened to walk by the team bus as they pulled up to the hotel.
Lamar Odom - Spotlight in Times Square NY on my bday.
Dennis Rodman - Venetian in Vegas

I'm sure there are more, but these are right off the top of my head. Clubs are the best place to run into NBA'ers, and Vegas.

R8rs4Life
07-29-2010, 01:18 PM
July 2007 I went to Las Vegas on vacation. A friend and I were walking around the hotels and saw Sebastian Telfair eating at a small restaurant inside one of the hotels.

Just as we turned the corner we ran into Doc Rivers (wearing Celtics gear).....both my brother and I looked at him and felt sorry for him since they had lost out on the #1 pick that year.....a week later...they got Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett.....oh the irony

Ethix11
07-29-2010, 01:24 PM
I took Dwyane Wades order at Wendy's back in 05 before the Championship. I still remember that order. : )

sep11ie
07-29-2010, 01:26 PM
I think a better question would be, "have you ever ran into a pro b ball player in private..." wink wink.

Sadds The Gr8
07-29-2010, 01:32 PM
Like 10 years ago me and my church group got onto the halftime show and played a little mini game during the break. When the teams got back into the huddle we saw Wince there and we all called his name. He turned back and gave us a wink and we were so happy seeing as we were like 9-10 years old. I know it isn't running into him in public...but w/e.

Also I know it isn't me, but my cousin said he's seen Bosh and Lebron in a club in Toronto. He also said he's seen Jarrett Jack, Sonny Weems, Derozan, and Amir Johnson at another club too.

koLohe2133
07-29-2010, 01:37 PM
at a boston airport in 2002 i ran into mike dunleavey jr. it was cool kuz this was right after he got drafted outta duke and everyone at the park used to call me dunleavy kuz i was white, tall, and shot from the outside.

last year i ran into mark jackson at a mall here in Los Angeles. First, i yelled "MOMMA! THERE GOES THAT MAN!" got a laugh. shook his hand and talked to him for like 5 minutes, telling him that the clippers need him as coach!

koLohe2133
07-29-2010, 01:40 PM
o and in vegas for fourth of july, dasagna diop and josh smith hit on my gf at the time!

Aiwokote
07-29-2010, 01:46 PM
Living in Southern California and now Vegas, this happens a lot more than I've expected it to. I'm lucky with celebs I guess. In regards to basketball stars though:

Most recently 2 weeks ago at the Wynn on the way to the poker tables, I passed by Derrick Rose. At first, I didn't think it was him, but I tailed him from far away. When he started receiving high fives from everyone, I knew it was him. He kept going on and met up with Russel Westbrook. Immediately I remembered that they were both here for team USA practice. Rose went off somewhere but Russel was chit chatting with fans so I decided to join the scene. When I finally got to say my peace, I shook his hand and told him good luck with tryouts to which he replied "I appreciate it". But just to prod a bit, I asked him if his team can beat the Lakers next year. He jokingly replied "Look for a sweep my man!" Awesome guy. Really nice dude taking time out to chat with fans.

I saw a bunch of players/ex players/coaches live when the All star game was in vegas. But the ones I was able to say hello in person were Jordan Farmar, Sasha Pavlovic, Greg Anthony, and Tony Parker. Tony Parker was conducting a 2 on 2 between several fans against himself and some French rapper. Winners would get autographed shoes from him. I think he only had like 2 or 3 pairs to give out (I saw the boxes being carried) so he barely went easy at all.

Several years ago I saw Ron Artest when he was still in the Sacramento Kings. This was when he was newly traded so I guess he was living in the Mariott in downtown Sacramento. Dude was running with his posse so it was hard to approach his Escalade. But as his bodyguards were busy asking other people to leave, I saw my chance to sneak near the driver's window and say hello/good luck. I figure that's the best I could do since if I got any closer, maybe I'd get tackled.

And I'm not sure this counts but one of the Laker girls, Jensen, is my English partner from last semester. Very beautiful and down to earth girl. I personally think she looks ten times better without makeup as most girls do.

Tony_Starks
07-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Met Paul Pierce at Magic Johnson TGI Fridays in LA a few years back. He was hella cool had a nice convo with me and my boys for a minute talking about his Inglewood B-Ball days. This was before the Lakers finals showdown, I doubt he would come kick it there now.

Also ran into Lamar Odom at a club in Hollywood a few years back, right before Phil came back. He was super cool talking to some chick in front of the club. It was funny cuz we were both faded and my boy was like "Lamar my sister loves you man!" and he met her just laughing and clowning. I remember telling him "hey man with Phil here now, you gonna be the n---a!" He was just laughing like "ok fam, I'll try!"

Jake The Goon
07-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Got on an elevator at Mandalay Bay in Vegas '07 and there was B.J. Armstrong standin there alone, being from Chicagoland I recognized him right away "B.J. Armstrong?" my buddy's like "BEEJ!" He just smiled because we were a little buzzed at the time actin crazy, talkin bout how the first dynasty 91-93 was my favorite dynasty (when in fact it was 96-98 of course), happy to report he got off on a lower floor than we were stayin on...haha

I also took a squeege next to former Blazer/Heat/Laker Brian Grant at a WWE event in Portland in Oct. '08, talked to him for a little bit, he was there with his kids, so that was a different kind of experience but an experience none the less...

Speakin of WWE my brother was on the same flight as The Great Khali and took a squeege next to him as well in the Portland Airport, dude's HUUUUUUGE :speechless: and my brother's like 5'5, could imagine that sight HAHAHA...I picked him up from the airport and we switched spots while we waited for the luggage to come, he got in the car and I went in and shook his hand, felt like a deflated football, his hand was competely re-dick in size

magichatnumber9
07-29-2010, 02:08 PM
I met a player with more rings then Kobe and Jordan. K.C Jones