PDA

View Full Version : What teams/players would posters/people/media had supported Lebron on his decision?

JordansBulls
07-28-2010, 03:18 PM
With what Stars in the league would people had not been upset over Lebron's decision?

For instance, instead of Lebron going to play with another top 3 player in the League in Wade who won a Title already, had Lebron decided to play with the following players, would posters/people in general still been upset with his decision?

Yes = Posters/People/Media would have been upset/angry over Lebron's decision
No = Posters/People/Media would have been ok/supported Lebron's decision

- CP3 in New Orleans (Yes/No)

- Roy in Portland (Yes/No)

- Deron in Utah (Yes/No)

- Melo/Billups in Denver (Yes/No)

- Durant/Westbrook in OkC (Yes/No)

- Kobe/Gasol in LA (Yes/No)

- Dwight/Vince in Orl (Yes/No)

- Rose/Boozer in Chicago (Yes/No)

- KG/Pierce/Rondo in Boston (Yes/No)

- Yao in Houston (Yes/No)

- Dirk/Kidd in Dallas (Yes/No)

- Joe Johnson/Horford in Atlanta (Yes/No)

- Amare in NY (Yes/No)

- Duncan/Parker in SA (Yes/No)

- Bogut in Mil (Yes/No)

Now I am just listing guys who were allstars last year and who stayed with their current teams. This is more or less to get a feel if people are more upset because Lebron joined a top 3 player that won already or if people felt that he needed to go somewhere where the star was not proven.

Gators123
07-28-2010, 03:22 PM

- Deron in Utah (Yes/No)

- Amare in NY (Yes/No)

- Bogut in Mil (Yes/No)

S-Dot
07-28-2010, 03:26 PM
I think Chicago and NY were the only two other realistic options from this list, and I think people would have been less upset/angry if he chose to join either of those 2 teams.

I think people would have accepted Chicago the most because
1) the team had the most potential with Derrick Rose,
2)he would have been going to a team that was clearly HIS team, and
3) let's admit, it would have been nice to see him try and compete with legacy of the G.O.A.T., though he may not have succeeded.

mikantsass
07-28-2010, 03:45 PM
This is simple.... people who are upset with LeBrons decision:

Bulls fans.
Cavs fans.
Nets fans.
Knicks fans.
Kobe fans who just need another reason to glorify their star.

All the rest of the people just thought LeBron was a rare star who was not just a superficial selfish diva. The "decision" proved everyone wrong

Lakersho
07-28-2010, 03:58 PM
...The Whole thing is: THE DECISION , broadcast on espn 1 hr. special was stupid and showed no class, disrespectful to his fans and the whole state of Ohio. The limelight hype stuff is gettin old. The other thing : Lebron was supposed to be "THE CHOSEN ONE" " THE KING ". He quit on himself , he has no Legacy of his own now. Alot of people put up with his childish antics , because lebron was gonna give cleveland the thing they really needed,a championship. swore he was. He's their homegrown goldenboy. who the cavs gave into any players or deals he said he needed to win it all. Well i guess he seen his own flaws better than anyone could. And trying to win a ship as a no. 2 guy on a nother stars team might take the pressure off him some , because if you watched him in the playoffs, lebron was overwhelmed and down right choked every time. hold on , when in the finals against spurs , nah he just got beat. last 3 yrs. choke job 101... people are just tired of his shite... and LEBRON couldn't live up to his own self hype...

Giaps
07-28-2010, 06:34 PM
3 things make me shake my head at thedecision that would not have happened anywhere else:

1) He took the "easy" way out by joining up with Wade and Bosh when other potential GOATs would want the challenge to beat the best.

2) He did this on live TV while pulling along every other team and embarassing Cleveland. The TV special would only be a somewhat positive thing if he remained in Cleveland.

3) No matter how much he wins, he will never be considered an all-time great... he won't even be considered better than Wade because he will always be +1 on him. It's a real head scratcher.

NYYCowboys
07-28-2010, 06:59 PM
It would have been much less with any other team.

blastmasta26
07-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Out of all the FA teams, Miami was the only one I had a problem with LBJ going to. Cavs, Bulls, Knicks, Nets, Clippers were all teams I wouldn't have criticized him for signing with.

Sox Appeal
07-28-2010, 09:12 PM

- Deron in Utah (Yes/No)

- Amare in NY (Yes/No)

- Bogut in Mil (Yes/No)

LionBryan
07-28-2010, 11:32 PM
If he goes to New York he's a goliath slayer looking to establish an epic legacy in the best market in the world. It's not about who's there, it's about what he can do and what it will mean.

If he goes to Chicago, he has an undeniable will to win and chose the best title ready cast to win multiple titles on a Lebron led team.

If he stays in Cleveland he's an upstanding loyalist.

If he goes to Miami, he is escaping all of the expectations. He is playing co-star to another top 5 player who has something he doesn't - a ring. He is now a cowardly insecure boy who just wanted an escape to safety.

mynameismo
07-28-2010, 11:39 PM
Another Lebron thread.

Great.

erik7
07-29-2010, 11:32 AM
I know, I know...another LBJ thread...

Seeing 90% of the non heat fans have turned into BIG TIME haters towards not only the Heat, but mainly LBJ...I have this question for you

If LBJ went to the Knicks, Bulls or Nets...would he still not be the favorite to win MVP next year and would you still not rank him in the top 3-4 in the league?

It is absolutely mind boggling that you guys think he won't be in the top 3-4 let alone 1-2 in MVP ranks and over all player in the league ranking JUST because he went to Miami...

It honestly cracks me up that everyone looked at this guy as a god and such a great talent (I have said myself a bunch of times last year that he was going to surpass MJ if he got some rings)

Now, just because he left Cleveland, his talent goes down? He sucks? He is not the man? The guy changed teams lol....He is still the same talent and same player...you think he won't average 23 or more a game with at least 8 or rebounds and assists.....

ANY player to average 23-9-9-1-1 in the NBA is a top 2 player but not LBJ anymore LOL....please enlighten me

xbrackattackx
07-29-2010, 11:33 AM
In other news I am eating a sandwich.

Ray_R
07-29-2010, 11:36 AM
I know, I know...another LBJ thread...

Seeing 90% of the non heat fans have turned into BIG TIME haters towards not only the Heat, but mainly LBJ...I have this question for you

If LBJ went to the Knicks, Bulls or Nets...would he still not be the favorite to win MVP next year and would you still not rank him in the top 3-4 in the league?

It is absolutely mind boggling that you guys think he won't be in the top 3-4 let alone 1-2 in MVP ranks and over all player in the league ranking JUST because he went to Miami...

It honestly cracks me up that everyone looked at this guy as a god and such a great talent (I have said myself a bunch of times last year that he was going to surpass MJ if he got some rings)

Now, just because he left Cleveland, his talent goes down? He sucks? He is not the man? The guy changed teams lol....He is still the same talent and same player...you think he won't average 23 or more a game with at least 8 or rebounds and assists.....

ANY player to average 23-9-9-1-1 in the NBA is a top 2 player but not LBJ anymore LOL....please enlighten me

I dont hate LeBron. I just lost all respecet towards him.I was a fan of him but all the stuff that has been coming to light this year, like Nike and team USA fiasco. Second, he wanted to have special perks where ever he went. The whole Im going to be on the slam dunk contest then not go.

But as for him for MVP, no one has said he talent would go down. He is still a great player but his role will diminish becuase Wade needs his touches to be as effective as LBJ.

erik7
07-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Whether you respect someone or not, are they still not the same player?

Does ANYONE respect Kobe as a person? I sure as hell don't....

He raped a girl, he is a doucher and he would be on the Bulls right now if it was not for the Bulls being idiots thinking Deng was a stud....I would say he is a lot worse than LBJ...

That being said....I still think Kobe is top 3 player and will go down as a top 10 player of all time...top 5 if he can win again this year and take his team past Miami

People may not respect LBJ for what he did, but he is the same player...correct?

JordansBulls
07-29-2010, 11:47 AM
I actually believe if he went to play with CP3 no one would have complained because the furthest CP3 has made it as the man thus far is round 2.

erik7
07-29-2010, 12:00 PM
In other news I am eating a sandwich.

your so cool....:facepalm:

xbrackattackx
07-29-2010, 12:01 PM
your so cool....:facepalm:

I'm the cool one making Lebron thread 2 months late...Oh wait that's not me.

Oh yea and this thread has been made like 5 times you did not add any insight we haven't saw yet so yea.

:facepalm:

blastmasta26
07-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Any LeBron thread now = :horse:

Ray_R
07-29-2010, 01:14 PM
Whether you respect someone or not, are they still not the same player?

Does ANYONE respect Kobe as a person? I sure as hell don't....

He raped a girl, he is a doucher and he would be on the Bulls right now if it was not for the Bulls being idiots thinking Deng was a stud....I would say he is a lot worse than LBJ...

That being said....I still think Kobe is top 3 player and will go down as a top 10 player of all time...top 5 if he can win again this year and take his team past Miami

People may not respect LBJ for what he did, but he is the same player...correct?

I dont hate LeBron. I just lost all respecet towards him.I was a fan of him but all the stuff that has been coming to light this year, like Nike and team USA fiasco. Second, he wanted to have special perks where ever he went. The whole Im going to be on the slam dunk contest then not go.

But as for him for MVP, no one has said he talent would go down. He is still a great player but his role will diminish becuase Wade needs his touches to be as effective as LBJ.